shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your DREAM RING?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock

Gwen, I LOVE the Torchiere!! Actually I love all of MM''s rings. The pics on his website are breathtaking!

Ok so for my dream ring I''m hoping to get the WF Aramis setting with a 1.2-1.5 RB. (I''m trying to post a pic of bluej422''s...hope this works)

AramisbyWF.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I once saw the most beautiful ring on the back cover of Vanity Fair.
It was a Chopard Blue Heart Diamond, surronded by 2 rows of Pave diamonds set in platinum.
I was IN LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So, as I was curious, I called Chopard to find out the $$$.
So the salesperson said "Certainly, that ring is $1.8 million"LOL
When you can''t even afford the salestax....

I guess that would be my dream ring...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:55:38 PM
Author: musey
Oh no not at all! There are a lot of plain band lovers around here. I am one of them, and I''ve spent the past year (I kid you not) trying to convince myself that my ring looks good with one, but it just doesn''t
39.gif
Aww, honey! I saw your (latest
2.gif
) wedding band thread and think the plain band looks ok with your engagement ring, but (for whatever reason) looks like it would need a bit more to me, in addition to just the plain band. I think I''d like the look of a plain band sandwiched between your GORGEOUS e-ring and a more blingy band like the ones you were looking at. AND, since you have long, elegant fingers, I think you could pull that look off quite well, if it was something you''d be interested in. I''ve known people who''ve been married with two bands, so they both could be "real" wedding bands if you wanted. Anyway, I think that''s my vote! Best of both worlds!
2.gif

It''ll be such a gorgeous set, I can''t wait ''til we get to see it on your hand!!
You and me both, darlin''.
31.gif
9.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is the Tiffany Novo with a nice chunky 1.8 to 2 carat stone. However I love halos! Problem is my promise ring has a halo so I want something different.

Do you think after I get my novo look-a-like I will want my halo ring back?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 8:03:43 PM
Author: Izzy03
Mine is the Tiffany Novo with a nice chunky 1.8 to 2 carat stone. However I love halos! Problem is my promise ring has a halo so I want something different.

Do you think after I get my novo look-a-like I will want my halo ring back?
How sentimental a person are you? If you are a sappy mush like me, you probably won''t want to change anything about your e-ring because it''s your e-ring and it reminds you of the moment you were proposed to and all those yummy gooey happy feelings that went along with it. If you aren''t a sappy mush like me, then it''s entirely possible you will eventually miss your halo, unless you could wear your promise ring as a RHR?

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gwen. I just hope I won''t want to upgrade anything about my future e-ring. I hope to wear that one for the rest of my life!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 8:36:54 PM
Author: Izzy03
Thanks Gwen. I just hope I won't want to upgrade anything about my future e-ring. I hope to wear that one for the rest of my life!
If you have some doubts, it might be a good idea to gently feel out how your boyfriend would feel about that. Some guys (like mine) are dead-set against it, and if he's like that, you might inadvertently hurt his feelings by suggesting getting an upgrade. I found out quite easily how J feels about upgrades by telling him about the stuff I read here on PS--he sounded horrified of the idea of people getting rid of their old engagement rings (no offense to anyone who's gotten one!) because, even though generally he's not exceptionally sentimental, he considers the engagement ring to be very symbolic and therefore is much more sensitive about it. Which I think is sweet (but not conducive to upgrades).
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhh!!! I have become so indecisive about what I want now. I love the MM settings...especially the ones you posted Gwen
30.gif

I love the plain tiffany setting, so I am thinking this is the closest I am going to get...am I right?

BTW, my dream ring is a 2 carat RB that sparkles like mad! Setting?...To be continued...

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring is any of the following (I''m not too picky) Ashlee Simpson''s Asscher, Katherine Heigl''s Pear or Katie Holmes Oval.

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Mine would be a fireball of a chunky cushion (darn it, why are they so hard to find?!), set in a halo with double prongs and a thin pave band. Just yummy and perfect...
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a LEON.

A gorgeous cushion or oval. I would love a colored cushion cut a setting with gorgeous side stones all done in pave, but more delicate. I would absolutely love a Leon, I have not seen one thing of his I do not like.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I love the Tiffany Novo, but I don''t expect to get it and I''m about 100% positive I won''t! I love the WF MicroPave Legato though, and paired with a cushion, it would be my dream ring. I think .75 to 1ct would be perfect for me, although I''d take anything at this point! =)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh Izzyyyy!
1.gif
My ering is going to be the cushion halo on the front page, but my other ring from him is a emerald cut alexandrite in a split shank. Best of both worlds because they''re totally opposite! I''m going to wear both and they won''t look like twins. Steps and fire and halos and splits...

I say go for a different look!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring is this ring. I''m soooo bad with saving the pictures with the names of the user so I apologize. It''s a Leon! I love it so much. I told my boyfriend that once I get this ring, I would never want another one ever.. that is with a 2.00-2.50 ct center stone :) I look at this picture about 8 MILLION times a day...
30.gif
won''t work... hang on

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
there it worked. I apologize again for not knowing whose ring this is.

LM 1807F boom-1.jpg

M&MS

Rough_Rock
Mine would be a Vatche x-prong in rose gold with engraving, with a square cushion around 1ct.
9.gif

Kinda like this but different.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
My dream ering is sitting in the freakin safe! Still! Sorry, bad case of LIWitis this weekend!
32.gif

But seriously, I know this sounds bizarre, but my dream ring is what my BF let me pick out. It''s a 0.8ct ACA set in a Tiff replica (no knife edge), yellow gold band, plat head. I just love it, it''s beyond perfect and I can''t wait to finally wear it!!!

My perfect ring would be a 2ct solitaire.. Tiffany. I LOVE their settings. I know I''m not getting it though, I forbade him to get me it ;-) Too much extra money that could be used on other things right now. Aside from that, realistically, it''ll be under one carat.. but will be upgraded to a full carat eventually.

I love round solitaires... then having several different "wedding" bands to mix and match with it.. with colored diamonds or gemstones!!

I recently tried on a 1 carat round with a halo.. so pretty-- but totally NOT ME. It looked silly on me. Though I LOVE them.. everyone I try on looks silly.
14.gif

Oh oh! Also, I LOVE THE TIFFANY RIBBON RING! So.. I''d want two.
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
My DREAM RING - that I wouldn't ever get because I would feel guilty spending the $$$! I'm not sure what it's called but I am in love with the right one, it's from the Tiffany website from awhile back...my 2nd place ring will be the one I get - Ritani Endless Love w/o Halo w/a 2+ct. stone.

tiffsteps.jpg

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
My dream ring would be by Breguet. I saw it in Vogue a couple of months back and it was drool worthy. It was an
emerald cut blue sapphire that had four diamond bands wrapped around it. It was stunning.
30.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Gwen--my dream ring is the torchiere as well!

Granted, it''s the torchiere if we get a new diamond. However, at the beginning of July when we visit Kris'' family he''s going to look at his great grandmother''s engagement ring (that his grandmother offered him to propose with) and if it''s a nice stone, we''ll probably go with that. I think with an antique stone, something more old fashioned may be in order.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Dream ring? Heh.

This. Only with an electric blue topaz oval 7mm x 9mm. (Set north-south of course) And with lighter blue sapphires. And yes that's a ruby on the band.

Dream ring Varna Europa st 105 sap.JPG

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Platinum and diamond Engagement Ring from the Contemporary Crescent Silhouette Collection (2565RD9), 1ct is plenty...

<---- and it is attainable! :) If anyone has it please let me know!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 11:01:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Um. Dream ring? Heh.

This. Only with an electric blue topaz oval 7mm x 9mm. (Set north-south of course) And with lighter blue sapphires. And yes that's a ruby on the band.
Freke: This ring looks very patriotic, for the USA anyway!!

Tessie

Rough_Rock
I''m delurking (hi!) after reading ps for a couple of months, now I can have people to talk to about rings and girly things! So, I have fallen in love with this natural light yellow sapphire (close to 3cts, cushion) ring. I am not traditional and don''t want a diamond, and I think this yellow would look great on my skin tone. I like how the setting doesn''t detract from the sapphire but still adds interest to the overall composition.

gr5618b-yellow-sapphire-rings.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Harriet's Leon solitaire - this ring is perfection!!!
30.gif
Ours will be made to fit flush with a plain platinum wedding band. Oh and my fingers just aren't made to rock a 3ct stone
7.gif
so it won't be anything near this size!
2.gif
Photo is Harriet's.

hlm4closeup.jpg

And here it is again posing with Scarlet16's beautiful pavé Leon, and Harriet's stunning Tsavorite split-shank Leon. Full credit to Scarlet to the photo!

3leons3.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 9:03:46 AM
Author: meresal
Date: 6/10/2008 11:01:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Um. Dream ring? Heh.

This. Only with an electric blue topaz oval 7mm x 9mm. (Set north-south of course) And with lighter blue sapphires. And yes that''s a ruby on the band.

Freke: This ring looks very patriotic, for the USA anyway!!
It does doesn''t it? I never realized that before!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
You know...I have no desire for a ring greater than 1 carat. I always joke around that I would love to get a huge diamond
2.gif
but after trying some on for fun, I felt embarrassed. LOL I don''t know why...I secretly told myself "get over yourself with this huge diamond"

Now I love seeing girls with their bling the size of a doorknob but I think a petite 1 carat or less will be all the diamond I need

Besides, I think before I would ever accept a $20K ring from someone, I would rather they get me my true baby...

my future baby.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results