shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your DREAM RING?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duckies

Rough_Rock
haha, you stole my dream ring! I''ve tried it on and on my little 4.25 fingers it looks HUGE. We just started looking IRL today and things less than .50 look better on me.... a honkin'' 3 carat stone is the size of my finger nail on my ring finger
31.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring would be a 1 carat cushion in a Tiffany legacy inspired setting
30.gif
30.gif

*fingers crossed*

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to be totally honest, I have put some serious thought into this.

I have a good reason, though. My husband and I got married at a time when neither of us had much money; just to give you an idea, our entire wedding budget was $4,000. I still wanted a wedding ring, so we got something I liked, even though it wasn''t exactly what I wanted. He''s already saving to upgrade it on one of our anniversaries to that dream ring I wanted, and he told me to think hard about it in the meantime so he knew exactly what he was going after.

So here it comes: my ideal is a 2.5 carat Tiffany classic round-brilliant solitaire with a diamond eternity band: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1796/sarahqw6.jpg

Minimum specs, at least F color (though preferred E or better), and at least VVS2. With the diamond band, I want it to have a decent weight against the solitaire (so probably one of the 3mm wide bands.) What I haven''t decided is on a full or half-eternity. I kind of like the idea of the full eternity, but at the same time it''s all about appearance to me. A half-eternity would still provide the look I want, and might be easier to wear because it has the metal band underneath as opposed to diamonds. That was something I figured I''d just have to go try on and see for myself.

Well, now you all know I''m a totally picky snob!
3.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
My dream e-ring is the Tiffany Legacy w/GS. I can't get over how classical it looks. I'd have no objections to a nice size diamond (even though it would cost my SO as much as a luxury car) but I think around 1 carat or a little less would really let the halo sit nicely around the diamond without it looking like it was trying to compete with this huge stone.
30.gif
30.gif

Forgive the knock off picture.. it was the closest I could find since Tiffany's site is a flash

dreaming.jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
I''m lovin'' this thread!!!

Here is my dream ring... or so I thought...

Cushion - double pave.JPG

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
...Then my bf showed me this... and everything got very confusing....

Outlook_3.jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
...I think it would really be his band, with my cushion... and this w-band!

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
helps if I attach the pic.
2.gif

singlestone ec oec w band.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring is the one I found this weekend! I want a 1.5 brilliant cushion cut (I don''t really want anything bigger than that) in a platinum or white gold pave setting with beading on the sides and pave on the bridge, leading up cathedral-style to the center stone. Hopefully I''ll be posting pictures of it under "Show Me the Ring" in a few months!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 5:27:12 PM
Author: glitterazzi
I''m lovin'' this thread!!!

Here is my dream ring... or so I thought...

I am IN LOVE with the cushion cut you posted!!! That is exactly the type of cushion cut I''m looking for! Any specs, perhaps?

aVogueIdea

Rough_Rock
My dream ring would be a 2ct. emerald cut in tacori setting 2620 without the pave shoulders and halo...I know I might be called crazy for wanting to take all of the extra diamonds off of it but I am more of a solitare girl but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the profile of this ring ( I think I have gone through Emeraldlover''s thread about 20 million times)!!

Here is the pic with halo on Tacori''s website...I hope the link works...

http://www.tacori.com/TACORI-SRCH/ENGAGEMENT/2620ECLG-A-4-1-100-/

Halo

Shiny_Rock
My dream ring would be a 2 carat Ritani Bella Vita halo, but sadly my BF says his budget is going to be $2000 which, sadly, won't even buy the setting, let alone the center stone
8.gif
So I'm not really excited about the ring part of getting engaged anymore, but here's my dream ring nonetheless:

PS avatar.gif

Caitma

Rough_Rock
Well, I''ve been lurking PS for awhile but just signed up! This is my first post and Im already trying to attach a picture! lol *fingers crossed it works*

This is the closest I could find to my ''dream'' ring. I had to photoshop the stone yellow though hehe.

Im in love with the idea of having a yellow sapphire e-ring. Something really beautiful but not traditional and something I know no one else would have! Not too big, maybe 1 carat or so with a halo around it and pave split shank.

My inspiration comes from Mark Patterson''s Aura ring.

One day....one day... haha

Can you tell I''ve put a bit of thought into this? lol

Patterson_Yellow.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the Ritani Endless Love: it''s simple and beautiful and I want it to be mine!

riatni1123456.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock

I would say that my dream ring(s) would probably be the classic tiffany style or the WF harmony ring! I go back and forth with these two styles that I don''t know what I would choose (if I had that option) I first tried the tiffany ring when my BF and I went to the Tiffany''s at the bellagio when we were in vegas and became instantly obessed with this lovely ring! I was more leaning towards white gold but after trying on the platinum I became a fan. Platinum looks so nice and great that I wouldn''t see myself with a different metal.

As, for size, I choose quality over size. Maybe something between 0.50-0.70. I love how special and cute they look like surrounded by many little diamonds! That would be my ideal ring! ***fingers crossed***

WF harmony

harmony2324.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 2:38:59 PM
Author: Halo
My dream ring would be a 2 carat Ritani Bella Vita halo, but sadly my BF says his budget is going to be $2000 which, sadly, won''t even buy the setting, let alone the center stone
8.gif
So I''m not really excited about the ring part of getting engaged anymore, but here''s my dream ring nonetheless:
I know that feeling, darlin''! Maybe you can talk to him about an upgrade later on, or helping to contribute towards the ring now?

squee

Rough_Rock
I was in love with this Daniel K. Split Crown ring, but now I''ve fallen for this Mark Morrell. BF really likes it too, which is a bonus! Link to Mark Morrell Ring

splitcrownring1.jpg

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
I'll add two of my dream rings
9.gif

This Matthew Trent ring, I don't know the size of the diamonds, but I'd like a 2 ct center, with 1.5ctw sides..
18.gif

matthewtrent.jpg

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Buuut, realistically speaking I will probably be getting some sort of a diamond band for my engagement, inspired by the wider version of the Tiffany Legacy band, but with slightly larger stones, maybe .10 ct.

I'd cut off my pinky for this Mark Morrell eternity band...
39.gif
...IT's my dream ring, and I might recieve something like it for my wedding band...

mwmband16.jpg

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Wow, lots of gorgeous rings. My BF and I have agreed not to look at rings together, we want it to be a surprise. I do want him to personalize it in some way, because after all, it is a gift from him. However, he has asked me for my preferences and I''ve mentioned a few preferences. I want it simple and elegant, nothing overly ornate. The wish list is:

1 - 1.5 ct round center cut diamond (6 prong), w/ two small pearl-shaped sapphire stones, on a simple white gold setting.

A couple of my friends had some significant phrase engraved on the e-rings and my parents have their initials and wedding date carved on the inside of their wedding rings. It''s such a sweet and romantic thing, I think. When I mentioned that to my BF, he was kind of taken aback and thought it might be better suited for our wedding bands so we could choose the engraving together. I suppose he doesn''t want to permanently engrave something silly on a ring I''d be wearing for the rest of my life...at least not w/o consulting me first
26.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
My Ideal

Here''s something similar to my ideal

ideal22583.jpg

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
My dream rings were originally the Tiffany Legacy or a pear halo (a la Katherine Heigl) but since my BF isn''t a huge fan of halos or pears I have found the perfect compromise in the Daniel K Rosebud (but replace the asscher with a cushion or rb)......sigh....it makes me swoon....

375x375.aspx

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
My dream ring:

CENTER DIAMOND

Total Carat Size - 0.74 Carat

Cut - Asscher Cut

Color - I (Near Colorless)

Clarity - VVS2

Polish - Excellent

Symmetry - Excellent

(Measurements - 4.85 x 5.08 x 3.39 mm, Depth - 69.7%, Table - 60 %)
SIDE DIAMONDS

Diamonds - Round Brilliant Cut

Total Carat Size - 0.90 Carat Total Weight

Color, Clarity I, VSAppraised at $10, 250. :[

0eb3_1_b.JPG

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
This is the engagement ring and wedding band that I have fallen in love with & really want

DM90501400_AB60500900_RD_100_zoom.jpg

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
However, because I would feel horrible spending $9K on a ring and wedding band, I have decided going with a simple 1c solitare. I do think that I will have an eternity band with sapphires or other color stones on it.

DM15400400_PR_100_zoom.jpg

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
One more thing, forgot to post dream wedding band...

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
Ahh.. It didn''t work... Hopefully this one does...

1340_md_1_M.jpg

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
1.71 tw

30.gif

dream1008.jpg

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
Side..

sideview1008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results