shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your DREAM RING?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Surfgirl''s ring. I love absolutely everything about it from the center stone (especially the center stone), to the proportions of the side stones, to the nice low profile. It''s pure gorgeousness! If I receive something half as nice some day, I''ll consider myself a very lucky woman.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
brown-eyed-girl....I''m glad that I''m not the only one suffering from indecision-itus.

I change my mind about the band and side stones at least once a day. I think because the site is kind of overwhelming (in a good way) b/c I''ll see someones and say thats it, thats what I want, until the next page when another gorgeous ring post pops up.

Maybe its good to not know exactly, that way BF/SO can have some input and we won''t be disappointed thats its not exactly what we envisioned/pictured.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 2:25:07 PM
Author: lala2332
brown-eyed-girl....I''m glad that I''m not the only one suffering from indecision-itus.

I change my mind about the band and side stones at least once a day. I think because the site is kind of overwhelming (in a good way) b/c I''ll see someones and say thats it, thats what I want, until the next page when another gorgeous ring post pops up.

Maybe its good to not know exactly, that way BF/SO can have some input and we won''t be disappointed thats its not exactly what we envisioned/pictured.
DIDO! As you can see from my earlier posts in this thread, I can''t decided anyomore between solitaire or pave band. I change my mind everyday - what is a girl to do!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
brown-eyed-girl....I'm glad that I'm not the only one suffering from indecision-itus.

I change my mind about the band and side stones at least once a day. I think because the site is kind of overwhelming (in a good way) b/c I'll see someones and say thats it, thats what I want, until the next page when another gorgeous ring post pops up.

Maybe its good to not know exactly, that way BF/SO can have some input and we won't be disappointed thats its not exactly what we envisioned/pictured.

I think I've obsessed about at least half a dozen ring styles since finding this site a few months ago! Like the Vatche X-prong...MM Petite Sunburst, and the Flame!...Cartier 1895...classic Tiffany...the beautiful setting Ellen has on her aqua...and currently the Leons. And there are SO many gorgeous rings...if only I had 100 fingers and an unlimited budget....

When the time comes where I think it might be necessary (long ways away), I'll just point the BF to a PS thread and tell him to go with that
3.gif

bettina

Rough_Rock
A plain tiffany solitare between .75 and 1.00 ct. Perfect.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m really glad I have a lot of time before this becomes an issues, because there are a TON of options running around my head.

1) Something antique. And OMC or an OEC in a fluid Leon setting. I love the warmer colours and the chunky facets.

2) Something like ephemery1''s ring, but the rounds would be coloured. Maybe sapphires or tsavorites. Or maybe it would be like JenStone''s and have pears instead of rounds.

3) Something Princess Diana-esque, with a sapphire (blue or yellow) with the little diamonds all around (but not pave-style)

4) An eternity band.

So thank goodness I have several years before I need to really start thinking about this, because I either need to narrow down the options or try things on until I really fall in love with something.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock

Well, I''m VERY non-traditional (and I''ve been getting knocked a bit when I show people pics of diamond rings that are anything but solitaires - everyone is like "um, that''s not an engagement ring") but THIS (see pic attached) pavé floral ring has been my dream ring ever since I saw it on Lang Antiques a couple of years ago!!! It takes my breath away. It is SO old-Hollywood starlet..... I can see someone like Ava Gardener wearing it to a Rat Pack party, you know?

I LOVE "gisellem''s" champagne/rose gold ring enough that it changed my mind about what colour metal I want (if I design a ring myself I want a 1-1½ champagne marquise set east/west) I am a "white metal" type of person but I LOVE the rose gold with the champage diamond so.... it''s definitely giving me ideas....

PS: boyfriend is coming up to Canada tomorrow with my "promise ring". It''s a vintage white gold shooting star (nothing major but has sentimental meaning to us) I''ll post pics in "She Us the Ring" when I get them!

floralsmaller1.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
another view.....

floralsmaller2.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
last one.....

floralsmaller3.JPG

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 2:32:16 PM
Author: dreaming of the day

DIDO! As you can see from my earlier posts in this thread, I can''t decided anyomore between solitaire or pave band. I change my mind everyday - what is a girl to do!
i''m totally totallyyyy indecisive, too!

halo...solitaire...halo...solitaire with micropave shank....plain solitaire...halo....
33.gif

seeing how i probably won''t be engaged until the end of next year/early 2010, i have a LOT of time to be indecisive. i guess i''ll just have to continue drooooling here for the time being.
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I must admit, when I first joined PS, I was a diamond, round-brilliant solitaire Tiffany setting kind of girl.....

Now that I have looked, drooled, and oogled all of the beauties on here, I am falling more and more in love with the idea of a Sapphire e-ring...I already have a diamond from my last e-ring and since this time I don't want to be ordinary or "traditional" I am liking the idea more and more...Not to mention the fact that my FF's birthstone is Sapphire and it would remind me of him everytime I look at it...lol...I love how I justify my wants...hehehe
emotion-5.gif

Anyway, my dream ring would be a cushion cut or an emerald cut unheated electric blue Sapphire (I absolutely love the vividly colored ones), approx 1-2 carats in size...

with a platinum or white gold setting

As for the actual setting, I am taking a liking to the pave moreso now than i have before (I used to think it was ugly)....or i would like a three-tone ring with two diamonds on each side.

ETA: The image is from one of the many great items on NSC's website! (whom I never have heard of until I came on here.....so glad I did!)

J396_1.jpg

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 4:05:07 PM
Author: julie04
Date: 7/17/2008 2:32:16 PM

Author: dreaming of the day

i''m totally totallyyyy indecisive, too!

halo...solitaire...halo...solitaire with micropave shank....plain solitaire...halo....
33.gif

seeing how i probably won''t be engaged until the end of next year/early 2010, i have a LOT of time to be indecisive. i guess i''ll just have to continue drooooling here for the time being.
9.gif

oops - totally forgot to add a pic of my current dream ring....who knows if i''ll change my mind again but as of now...i think this might be it!!!

the tacori 2299 with a .80-1 ct rb center stone!!
30.gif

HT2299_multi.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 5:40:02 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

I think I''ve obsessed about at least half a dozen ring styles since finding this site a few months ago! Like the Vatche X-prong...MM Petite Sunburst, and the Flame!...Cartier 1895...classic Tiffany...the beautiful setting Ellen has on her aqua...and currently the Leons. And there are SO many gorgeous rings...if only I had 100 fingers and an unlimited budget....

When the time comes where I think it might be necessary (long ways away), I''ll just point the BF to a PS thread and tell him to go with that

3.gif

It is super fun to look at rings online, but I cannot stress the importance of actually going out and trying different settings on.

Before FI and I went on the hunt for the perfect setting, I was 110% convinced I knew what type of setting I was going to have. Imagine my extreme disappointment when I tried what I thought I loved on, and it just looked terrible on me!

The setting and stone shape I ended up with are VERY different from what I was positive I wanted before trying different styles on.

So yes, do look online and get an idea of what you like, but also remember that what looks good online and what looks good on your finger are sometimes completely different things.

Good luck to everyone who is still searching!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 1:07:11 AM
Author: star sparkle
Date: 7/18/2008 5:40:02 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

I think I've obsessed about at least half a dozen ring styles since finding this site a few months ago! Like the Vatche X-prong...MM Petite Sunburst, and the Flame!...Cartier 1895...classic Tiffany...the beautiful setting Ellen has on her aqua...and currently the Leons. And there are SO many gorgeous rings...if only I had 100 fingers and an unlimited budget....

When the time comes where I think it might be necessary (long ways away), I'll just point the BF to a PS thread and tell him to go with that

3.gif

It is super fun to look at rings online, but I cannot stress the importance of actually going out and trying different settings on.

Before FI and I went on the hunt for the perfect setting, I was 110% convinced I knew what type of setting I was going to have. Imagine my extreme disappointment when I tried what I thought I loved on, and it just looked terrible on me!

The setting and stone shape I ended up with are VERY different from what I was positive I wanted before trying different styles on.

So yes, do look online and get an idea of what you like, but also remember that what looks good online and what looks good on your finger are sometimes completely different things.

Good luck to everyone who is still searching!

Excellent advice. Which is why it's my plan to drag the BF to various jewelry stores while I'm in NYC at the end of August visiting him...just to *see* how they look
2.gif
Although I've always been an RB girl and I think I'll stay that way (despite the many non-RB beauties I've seen on PS)

EDIT: Still loving this Leon in my avatar...
30.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:28:56 AM
Author: julie04

oops - totally forgot to add a pic of my current dream ring....who knows if i'll change my mind again but as of now...i think this might be it!!!

the tacori 2299 with a .80-1 ct rb center stone!!
30.gif
That was my dream ring originally! Have you seen the matching wedding band? It's pretty cute. Although I have to say when I finally saw it in person it turned out I didn't like it so much. Not my cup of tea in person but I loved staring at it for hours online!

And Ditto star sparkle.. in person was different to me in some cases then online. Although I fell in love with the ring I have now online and loved it in person too so you never know!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
This is the best "approxiamation" or what my dream setting looks like, at least from head on. The one that I actually love looks like two overlapping, but not touching, bands from the side view. This one is more like a normal split shank. I also prefer straight edge trillions, not rounded edges. I much prefer straight angles (EC's, Asscher's, Starset Princesses, etc) As far as the diamonds on the band, my dream setting looks more like the stones on an eternity band, this one has chunkier diamonds. The other one is much more "elegant" looking, with very thin bands. It is a dream, as soon as I tried it on, I thought about sprinting from the store... then I imagined being tackled...
40.gif

I sometimes wonder if I will have wished I went with something "timeless", like a beautiful solitaire setting, because I don't really believe in upgrades, but a nice RR in an EC or asscher would rock my world later, or maybe a beautiful pendant. Anyways, I think my dream ring EXUDES my personality, and if I ever passed it along to anyone, they would be getting such a uniquely authentic "me" piece. And anyways, who knows what the BF will actually buy...

Ok. without further ado...

trillyon.jpg

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if I have a dream ring, but I am madly in love with this ring from Simply Sapphires:
30.gif

973spr-1.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
we''re talking dreams, right?
I''ll say 1.20, F, Vs1... in a RB solitaire - upgradeable - possibly cathedral.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE kkim''s ring

3276539.jpg

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 10:18:49 AM
Author: cbs102
I LOVE kkim''s ring

Whose ring is that? I would love to see more of that one!
30.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
KKimbell.. here is the link . i LOVE this ring so much. i would love to see handshots- actually, i would live to see it on MY hand !
emotion-5.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i posted my dream HALO...but this is my dream non-halo...

i found it on the exceldiamonds website, the photos say "vatche" on the bottom, but i can''t seem to find this ring anywhere that vatche is sold! any insight ladies?

well, its gorgeous!

1232_xlarge.jpg

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
side view....

what a beaut!
30.gif

1233_xlarge.jpg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Julie I think GoodOldGood has Vatche settings... Have you looked there? Just a thought
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That looks like Musey''s setting, I think!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My Vatche has the same shank (no pics posted yet). It''s quite a bit more delicate and thin than it appears in the picture. I think that IS the same setting as Musey.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
A tiffany legacy as close to a 2 carat center stone as possible: I''m a lucky girl cause my boyfriend bought it already and it''s a 1.83! Don''t have it on my finger yet and not sure when he will propose.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
you ladies are absolutely correct...it is musey''s ring! and singingbell recent got a beautiful oval green sapphire in this setting, as well! i think this ring is absolutely gorgeous! and it looks fabulous in all shapes and sizes, too!! love it!
30.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Harry Winston Micropave ring with a 2.5 - 3 ct cushion cut centre stone!!! that would be perfect!
In fact I am getting a replica made but with a 1 carat centre stone... its perfect too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results