shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't stop smiling! Story of a man with a square emerald & Leon..

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by kanne, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. kanne
    Brilliant_Rock

by kanne » Jan 30, 2005
    If it wasn''t for Pricescope (or Reena) this never would have happened. THANK YOU!

Yesterday, I got engaged to my long time (ok very, very long time) BF. He proposed on top of a lighthouse! The story and pics are posted here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-proposed.24433/

Here''s the scoop on the ring:
    1.52 SE
    H
    VS1
    ring size 5.25
    custom setting: Leon Mege, NYC

Now the pictures!! I hope you all enjoy them as much as we do..just glancing down at my finger right now..I am completely amazed. YAY!

-lovey [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lovey4a.jpg

2. kanne
    Brilliant_Rock

by kanne » Jan 30, 2005
    (sigh) I am so not good at this computer stuff..so sorry that I posted this topic name twice...

more pics

lovey3.jpg

3. abradabra
    Shiny_Rock

by abradabra » Jan 30, 2005
    I can see why you can''t stop smiling!!!!! That is such a stunner.... I''m speechless (and incredibly jealous)

4. kanne
    Brilliant_Rock

by kanne » Jan 30, 2005
    this at night...

lovey2a.jpg

5. kanne
    Brilliant_Rock

by kanne » Jan 30, 2005
    just one more....!

lovey5.jpg

6. cute330xigrl
    Shiny_Rock

by cute330xigrl » Jan 30, 2005
    Pictures don't do that bad boy justice (have u read my posts to you in the "Are we there" section Lovey?!) [​IMG] Congradulations again lady.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PS
    Get pics from Leon of your ring!!!! His secretary took LOTS! [​IMG]

7. kanne
    Brilliant_Rock

by kanne » Jan 30, 2005
    cutegirl
    lol! yes I just read your post. Thank you!! If it was my ring then it''s such a SMALL world [​IMG]. Leon is an amazing artist and I know that you will not be dissapointed. When my..fiance and I sat down with him, I wasn''t sure about all the pave... now I can''t imagine what I was thinking ''cause I LOVE IT. We specified a few things but let him run with it...I trust his design sense completely.

I really feel for you re: the long wait of agony [​IMG] but just know....it''s worth it!!!! Good luck!! [​IMG]

8. appletini
    Ideal_Rock

by appletini » Jan 30, 2005
    Lovey! Your ring is fabulous!!!

9. Libster
    Brilliant_Rock

by Libster » Jan 30, 2005
    Congratulations!!! Enjoy this special time!!! Now.......

I LOVE YOUR RING!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What a beautiful stone and completely perfect setting, another Leon Mege masterpiece! It''s is absolutely one of the most beautiful I''ve seen!

10. MichelleCarmen
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MichelleCarmen » Jan 30, 2005
    Gorgeous. Looks very elegant on your hand.

Congratulations!

11. valeria101
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by valeria101 » Jan 30, 2005
    This is painfully beautiful ! [​IMG] picture perfect hands too [​IMG]

If you can spare some more pics, they''d be much welcome...

12. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » Jan 30, 2005
    Lovey,
    I saw your ring in your other post and it so so beautiful. I love the side view. WOW!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Have you thought about what you are going to do for a wedding band?

13. Bagpuss
    Brilliant_Rock

by Bagpuss » Jan 30, 2005
    As soon as I saw the name 'Leon Mege' I just knew it was going to be a stunner..........and it is![​IMG]

Congratulations.[​IMG]

It must be wonderful to be able to look at your ring from any conceivable angle and see nothing but diamonds diamonds diamonds![​IMG]

BTW, I love those special fine double claws that are his trademark!

14. dani13
    Ideal_Rock

by dani13 » Jan 30, 2005
    Oh Lovey!
    That ring is absolutely stunning!!!!! I have been waiting for the pics!
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Blue824
    Brilliant_Rock

by Blue824 » Jan 30, 2005
    [​IMG]I said it on the other thread...but your ring is so beautiful!!!![​IMG]

It looks so nice on your hand and the side shot is awesome!

Congratulations again[​IMG]

16. IrishEyes
    Brilliant_Rock

by IrishEyes » Jan 30, 2005
    Oh lovey!!! that is one of the most gorgeous rings I think I have ever seen!![​IMG][​IMG]

Congratulations! Now the "staring" begins! This is when you stare at your rings every .8 seconds; not hearing what people are saying while they talk to you because your mesmirized by it; almost rear-ending countless vehicles while driving and staring at it; staring at it during meetings and get-togethers, etc!!!

You''re a lucky lady! Congrats!!!!![​IMG]

17. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Jan 30, 2005
    wow that ring is really beautiful, it's not so big that it's obnoxious, and the setting is just perfect on your elegant hands and compliments the stone very nicely!!! great taste! congratulations and yes it was a wonderful proposal story as well, adore the flowers!

oh and do you have more specs on the stone? and/or link to a thread about it?

oh and more pictures, yes!!

18. Fudge
    Rough_Rock

by Fudge » Jan 30, 2005
    Wow - I love it! I''m not usually a bezel fan either...I often think that they take attention away from nicer stones, are a just cheap way to make a not so great stone look bigger, or will pass with this season''s antique trend, but yours looks classic and timeless, and nicely complements the stone....stunning!

19. diamondlil
    Ideal_Rock

by diamondlil » Jan 30, 2005
    Absolutely beautiful![​IMG] Good luck to you both.

DiamondLil

20. blueroses
    Ideal_Rock

by blueroses » Jan 30, 2005
    Lovey, I''ve gushed and drooled and squealed on the other thread, but these other pictures just add to the GLORY of
    "THE LOVEY"!!!!!!

(And sorry for asking again, but I''m curious: is this one you can wear a wedding band with? If not, I''d love to hear about what Leon had to say about that--if he''d have to do only 1-sided pave to accomodate a band, etc.)

I LOVE THIS RING!!!!!!

21. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Jan 30, 2005
    HI:

Absolutely delightful!! [​IMG] Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

22. twinkletoes
    Shiny_Rock

by twinkletoes » Jan 30, 2005
    oooooh la la! that is absolutely stunning! congratulations on your engagement! about freaking time, no?! LOL

23. kanne
    Brilliant_Rock

by kanne » Jan 30, 2005
    Blueroses
    Honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to do about the wedding band. I may need to give up on my dream of wearing both at the same time. One sided pave be a possible solution (with some sort of "spacer") may work, but I haven't put much thought into it. I'd hate to damage the pave... [​IMG]

I think there will be plenty of times when I will not feel comfy wearing this ring and will probably get the wedding band to match my FH's and just wear that instead. It is just a bit blingy for constant subway riding and far too delicate for my summer activities like mountain biking, swimming in the ocean, changing diapers (ohmygosh what am I thinking..how does that qualify as a summer activity? lol) etc...

24. rms
    Brilliant_Rock

by rms » Jan 30, 2005
    WOW, your ring is breathtaking!! Congratulations to you both!

25. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Jan 30, 2005
    the head of the ring looks high up enough to have a 1 sided (or actually 2 sided pave technically, top and right side) fit nicely up against it BUT i would worry about the pave scratching the metal platinum down over time...diamonds are stronger than metal. so maybe a matching band would fit nicely, dunno about diamonds scratching diamonds but then how do those 3 sided MB rings work all the time with matching rings? maybe an expert will know.

personally i think a similar thin matching band would be AMAZING with that ring, and again, the head is high up enough to accomodate something like that without the head of the stone rubbing the w-ring. i''d see what leon thinks about a band...he''s the designer!

26. icekid
    Ideal_Rock

by icekid » Jan 30, 2005
    i know i already said it in the other thread, but.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] it''s gorgeous lovey; stunning. no upgrades needed here! it''s almost enough to make me rethink my cushion and get an asscher.. which is a close 2nd fav already.

btw, when are you two cuties planning to get married? [​IMG]

congrats again!!!!!!

27. abbott
    Shiny_Rock

by abbott » Jan 30, 2005
    Congratulations !!! The ring and setting are beautiful [​IMG] Abbott

28. Patty
    Ideal_Rock

by Patty » Jan 30, 2005
    It''s beautiful, Lovey!

29. Kaleigh
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Kaleigh » Jan 30, 2005
    Lovey,
    I said it before on the other thread, It''s simply AMAZING!! I love seeing all the pictures, you are a great photographer. Wear it in good health and enjoy this new stage in your life!![​IMG]

30. Kamuelamom
    Brilliant_Rock

by Kamuelamom » Jan 30, 2005
    Congratulations Lovey, it''s an amazing ring! Do wear it in great health.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.