shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0077.JPG I'm cheating because I actually wore this cocktail ring yesterday. It's a coral, diamond and 14k gold ring I bought from rubylane. It's from the 1970s. The coral is more coral colored and less orange irl. It's a honker, but I have skinny fingers and hands, so everything looks bigger on me.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0077.JPG I'm cheating because I actually wore this cocktail ring yesterday. It's a coral, diamond and 14k gold ring I bought from rubylane. It's from the 1970s. The coral is more coral colored and less orange irl. It's a honker, but I have skinny fingers and hands, so everything looks bigger on me.
Ooh, I love it! Very, very wonderful ring. I adore vintage pieces and your ring is iconic of the 1970's. I really love many designs from this period ! Great coral too! I have only one coral piece, but have always loved the elegant look of coral. Just adore your ring!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love it! Very, very wonderful ring. I adore vintage pieces and your ring is iconic of the 1970's. I really love many designs from this period ! Great coral too! I have only one coral piece, but have always loved the elegant look of coral. Just adore your ring!
Thank you so much Bluegemz!:D I love designs from this period too. I just fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the blue of your jadeite Bluegemz! Yours is brighter as most have some grayish tone. :)

Today I wore my red spinel ring with my rose cut diamond ring. Took a guided tour to Germany's Black Forest where the inspiration for the Grimm Brothers' fairytales mostly come from and where cuckoo clocks are made, then back to Switzerland for a boat ride to Europe's largest plain waterfalls - the Rhine Falls.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Seaglow. I have seen you post many lovely rings but today is the first day I realized how lovely your hands are. You sound like you are having a great time and I am glad you have posted pics for us. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, thank you! These 2 jadeite pieces, I purchased for the color over every other quality. I have some purchased for the fine grain and translucence, but these are all about color.

What a fabulous trip you are on! I'm familiar with the Black Forest! I agree with LisaRN, you have beautiful hands that hold the beautiful rings perfectly. Again, I love the setting of the rose cut, the sideways tear drop. I also adore rose cuts! The are interesting together.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blue jadeite beads with blue lavender jadeite bangle...

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG
Your jade is just gorgeous! I really am partial to lavender and blue jade. I think your jewelry has officially added jade in those colors to my wishlist.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the blue of your jadeite Bluegemz! Yours is brighter as most have some grayish tone. :)

Today I wore my red spinel ring with my rose cut diamond ring. Took a guided tour to Germany's Black Forest where the inspiration for the Grimm Brothers' fairytales mostly come from and where cuckoo clocks are made, then back to Switzerland for a boat ride to Europe's largest plain waterfalls - the Rhine Falls.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Lovely rings!! That is a very red spinel!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jade is just gorgeous! I really am partial to lavender and blue jade. I think your jewelry has officially added jade in those colors to my wishlist.
Thanks Chatoyancy! I can imagine lavender and blue jade looking fantastic on your skin! I'm so pleased that these pieces inspired you. There's a huge range in Lavender and blue shades in jade, from pink violet to blue lavender, to grey blue and green blue. Jade collecting is extremely addictive because of all the variables and variations in color, texture and translucency. I had to give myself a solid ban after 2 years of pure obsession during which time I stopped caring about other gems and was constantly thinking about what piece of jade I was going to get next. Thankfully I'm back to a balanced appreciation again!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love seeing the pics of your travels and your gorgeous rings aren't anything to balk at either. :love::love::love:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks LisaRN, Bluegemz, chatoyancy, and elle!

Today the tour goes to the east side of Switzerland and we crossed to the micro country of Leichtenstein (population: 37,000).

In the photo, I am wearing my paraiba and rose cut diamond ring at Vaduz, capital of Leichtenstein. As you can see, the streams in these regions are very clear, and at the Swiss side, many lakes are potable water.

The next photo, across the river is Switzerland while I am on the Leichtenstein side, and there is a footbridge that crosses the Rhine River which serves as a natural border between the 2 countries.

The third photo is the pavé egg earrings I bought in Zurich, with the Swiss Alps as background during summer.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures Seaglow. I miss that part of the world quite a bit. Seeing the Alps, the water, the light makes me heart sick in a good way.
I love your earrings!

Just wearing my emerald today without much else. Regular rings on the other hand and some gold hoops. Can't capture the color well. That's annoying about emeralds!

IMG_2555.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paying homage to the monsoon season this part of the world with shades of grey and blue :) sapphire rings, earrings, paired with jadeite necklace and bangle.

20170618_160018-1.jpg
Burmesedaze, really dreamy and beautiful! I really like all of the color associations together. The darker blue sapphires seem to almost pierce through with a more intense blue. Those beads are just so mysterious. I see blue and grey skies, mist, fog and rain. What a lovely bangle too!! Great color and compositional transitions within it. It evokes a water saturated, green land, with clouds.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, I love your book idea! There is so much personality and story in the careful choices of jewelry here. It's a beautiful way of expressing oneself for the mood of the day, the weather or the landscape, the stages of relationships and growth. What possibilities!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, I love your book idea! There is so much personality and story in the careful choices of jewelry here. It's a beautiful way of expressing oneself for the mood of the day, the weather or the landscape, the stages of relationships and growth. What possibilities!
MissyBeaucoup, yes! Exactly. This will hopefully be the year that I get started. I'm thrilled that you 'get the inspiration'!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, today, we are taking a walk to the plaza. They have a crafts market. I'm wearing this antique Saudi Arabian Peridot and bead set diamond necklace, and my yellow and white jadeite bangle. This jade just reminds me of golden, Summer dried grassy hills. I picked it out of 2, sister bangles, cut from the same boulder. Now I wish I had bought both of them.

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3271.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The peridot is actually quite brilliant, just not in these pics....this one is more accurate...

IMG_3273.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in a blue mood today. Sapphire/chrysoberyl three stone ring, apatite on middle finger and red and blue/violet spinel on forefinger. I just love the fluorescent lighting at the store.

IMG_6993.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Continued my moody blue streak with simple blue sapphire studs paired with dark blue sapphire ring and pendant. Threw in a red spinel ring into the mix for some contrast.

20170620_084525-1.jpg

20170620_084533-1.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing a very bad mobile phone (a replacement for the one that broke, I bought the cheapest one for certain reasons) so I apologize for the horrible camera. Wearing a mint garnet ring. My fingers are swollen after a day at the computer.

20170619_211712.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the inspiring image! It's amazing how much work went into jade cutting. The ancient South American people used string covered in pork fat, with crushed corundum and other crystal power on the string. It took years to make the beads and masks. They were far more valued than gold. In Asia, one piece of jade sculpture would have taken a master years to complete. Now, they use high powered, diamond tipped saws which have flowing water over them to keep them cool. I once had Dan Stair repolish a bangle and he commented on the increadible toughness of the stone. It's truly impressive to imagine the time, dedication and skill involved. In addition, Jade is one of the most difficult gems to understand. They say it takes years of intense training to be able to accurately assess a jade. This is because there are many more qualities than in other stones. Texture, composition, stone lines, color, translucence...and on and on. Each has a value. It's kind of like a vegas slot machine. Getting one lemon isn't rare, but getting 2, then 3 then 4 lemons...each added quality becomes exponentially rarer. frex, if one desires a strong color, it can be affordable if one is willing to do without translucence, or if one wants good translucence, fine texture, it's easier to find this if one accepts stone lines or unusual colors. When all qualities are working together, then it's one of the rarest gems on earth. This applies to nephrite jade too. Some is extremely highly valued these days. British Colombian jade is very beautiful and highly coveted! The ancient jade workers were so sophisticated. They knew all of this stuff by observation. Amazing.
Sorry for the long response lol.

I think it was a museum in Florida (Palm Beach Norton Museum of art) where I took photos of amazing Chinese white jade pendants, some were over 1000 B.C. Just to think that someone could make them, so beautiful, and such a long time ago. I shall repost some from my old cellphone.

20170226_143505_20170502232241011.jpg

20170226_143403_20170502232517358.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia, love your mint garnet! I've long been fascinated by the color in those which seems both lively with fire and subtle all at once. And, I agree, those jades are impressive! What patience and what skill.

Burmesedaze, simply gorgeous...all of them! I think that the way you mix and combine your pieces is exciting and has a unique and wonderful style to it. That Spinel is very moody and mysterious.

TL, first, I love the bold color combinations, but I love equally how you wear your rings!! Such boldness. I wish I could wear them as you do.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling like white jade today. These pieces are all nephrite jade. The earrings and grey white bangle are from Siberia. The pendant is from China, river jade. It is the whitest.

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wearing floral toned rings to match the dress on an overcast day.

Red ruby, pink tourmaline and purple spinel.

20170621_144050-1.jpg

20170621_144205-1.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love your pendant, Bluegemz. Tres elegant!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing floral toned rings to match the dress on an overcast day.

Red ruby, pink tourmaline and purple spinel.

20170621_144050-1.jpg

20170621_144205-1.jpg
Love them all together like that! It's like a family of color associations. Gorgeous with that dress too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results