shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, I changed my mind.

You don't need your own thread. You need a coffeebook with all the amazing history and stories behind each and every of your piece of jewellery!
Burmesedaze, wow, thank you! I have always wanted to do a coffee table book about women who love jewelry, featuring their jewelry and stories, with pictures, representing a cross section of society. I would include some things of my own too. I find myself looking at what other ladies are wearing, how they are wearing them, and imagining the stories and the choices that went into those pieces. So much love, passion, devotion, sacrifice and psychology involved! Maybe this will be the year that I get started on it.

Last edited:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my first ring project with Yvonne. It started with as a project to use some hauyne melee I had purchased in her then new Camellia setting. We spent months looking for an affordable 6mm stone that could hold it's own with the hauynes until she happened across this paraiba at a JCK show....we called it my "hauyne ring with a paraiba". IMG_20170604_105953.jpg IMG_20170604_123029.jpg IMG_20170604_122619.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pink my world today.

Pink sapphire rings, pendant and pink spinel earrings.

20170605_011140-1.jpg
I love all the pink! The pink spinels in your earrings look like they match your sapphires well.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze, STUNNING! I love them together and apart. What a great collection of lovely pink gems!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my first ring project with Yvonne. It started with as a project to use some hauyne melee I had purchased in her then new Camellia setting. We spent months looking for an affordable 6mm stone that could hold it's own with the hauynes until she happened across this paraiba at a JCK show....we called it my "hauyne ring with a paraiba". IMG_20170604_105953.jpg IMG_20170604_123029.jpg IMG_20170604_122619.jpg
It's a lovely ring. Very fresh looking!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a little rose gold ring with a setting from Sally at Heart of Water. The stone is an interesting purple/copper/pink colored spinel from Peter Torracca. It's hard to see the color because the copper isn't showing much. I wasn't wearing it today, but my daughter was! It was her 16th birthday gift.

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a little rose gold ring with a setting from Sally at Heart of Water. The stone is an interesting purple/copper/pink colored spinel from Peter Torracca. It's hard to see the color because the copper isn't showing much. I wasn't wearing it today, but my daughter was! It was her 16th birthday gift.

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Bluegemz, your daughter must be thrilled with such a ring! A sweet 16th present. :) It is gorgeous.

Here's my set today - pastels and pearls! Aquaprase and a pink cat's eye tourmaline also set by Sally at Heart of Water. Paired with a 52" freshwater pearl rope necklace. :) On my right hand I have my Cartier trinity so no gems.
18812050_115462055710103_7859282984761819136_n.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, your daughter must be thrilled with such a ring! A sweet 16th present. :) It is gorgeous.

Here's my set today - pastels and pearls! Aquaprase and a pink cat's eye tourmaline also set by Sally at Heart of Water. Paired with a 52" freshwater pearl rope necklace. :) On my right hand I have my Cartier trinity so no gems.
18812050_115462055710103_7859282984761819136_n.jpg
Mochito, thank you!! She loves this ring. She picked the stone and the setting so it's all very fitting to her.

Now your rings are just so plump and beautiful, and together they are like fresh drops of essence of Spring. I love that pink cats eye tourmaline in the prongs! And the pearls really top it off because of the subtle, fresh sheen. Very very simple and timelessly elegant. I would say those are all foundation pieces to a truly fine jewelry collection.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rushed out this morning. Forgive me, but I'm still wearing the star sapphire ring since I got it. Threw on this interesting jadeite necklace with various components. A fish, disks, a carved bead. It has a cool, modern steel chain. This is a great office necklace, not too extravagant but interesting. It was a gift. I never would have picked it myself, which makes it more fun to wear. I like the combo of a funky chain with ancient jadeite.

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochito, thank you!! She loves this ring. She picked the stone and the setting so it's all very fitting to her.

Now your rings are just so plump and beautiful, and together they are like fresh drops of essence of Spring. I love that pink cats eye tourmaline in the prongs! And the pearls really top it off because of the subtle, fresh sheen. Very very simple and timelessly elegant. I would say those are all foundation pieces to a truly fine jewelry collection.

Thanks Bluegemz. :) I have a thread that has more photos of the cats eye effect and also the lotus setting . It's quickly become one of my favorite rings. I guess I've always been a fan of simple minimalist designs that still have a feminine flow and grace to them. In high school the only designer jewelry I bought myself was a Tiffany bracelet from Paloma Picasso. She remains one of my favorite designers. I think it is sometimes more difficult to do simple designs well. (Kind of reminds me how great Japanese chefs tell you that making perfect rice can be the simplest yet most difficult task!) https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-cats-eye-tourmaline-ring.229197/

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz. :) I have a thread that has more photos of the cats eye effect and also the lotus setting . It's quickly become one of my favorite rings. I guess I've always been a fan of simple minimalist designs that still have a feminine flow and grace to them. In high school the only designer jewelry I bought myself was a Tiffany bracelet from Paloma Picasso. She remains one of my favorite designers. I think it is sometimes more difficult to do simple designs well. (Kind of reminds me how great Japanese chefs tell you that making perfect rice can be the simplest yet most difficult task!) https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-cats-eye-tourmaline-ring.229197/
Exactly! Simplicity is elegance, not the reverse. I think of the painter Matisse and his simple line drawings which captured the essence in just a few strokes. It is interesting to me that some consider excessive decorations elegance. To me, it is getting to the essence of something, reducing to its purest form. The truth of the form itself is an expression. There are no decorations and details which are placed on top of it. this is why I love the simple bangle, cabochons and why I'm not really a diamond girl. I love the rice analogy. That is SO true! It is definitely much more challenging to get to the essence than it is to add on extras.

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly! Simplicity is elegance, not the reverse. I think of the painter Matisse and his simple line drawings which captured the essence in just a few strokes. It is interesting to me that some consider excessive decorations elegance. To me, it is getting to the essence of something, reducing to its purest form. The truth of the form itself is an expression. There are no decorations and details which are placed on top of it. this is why I love the simple bangle, cabochons and why I'm not really a diamond girl. I love the rice analogy. That is SO true! It is definitely much more challenging to get to the essence than it is to add on extras.

Once again, well said - and I heartily agree!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Mochiko your Sally ring (and other jewelry) looked so nice I had to dash over to her site and enjoy window-shopping. Bluegemz those are stunning turquoise dangles! makes me want to wear earrings . I'm wearing carnelian ring DH and I chose in Italy. I think I will name it the Mangled Sceptor cuz that sounds better than the other name that popped into my head, the orange golf tee. tmp_19413-IMG_20170609_094359-819842151.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko your Sally ring (and other jewelry) looked so nice I had to dash over to her site and enjoy window-shopping. Bluegemz those are stunning turquoise dangles! makes me want to wear earrings . I'm wearing carnelian ring DH and I chose in Italy. I think I will name it the Mangled Sceptor cuz that sounds better than the other name that popped into my head, the orange golf tee. tmp_19413-IMG_20170609_094359-819842151.jpg
Wordie, thank you! I wanted a pair of earrings made by this jeweler for SO long! It was a great feeling to finally get a pair.

Your ring looks so Italian! It's playful and unique. Very special. I've never seen one like it before. What a gorgeous orange color!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alrighty, today it's a silver necklace with pearls, little ruby beads, Peruvian opals, made by a fine metal arts jeweler, purchased in a jewelry gallery. My husband bought this necklace for me for our first Valentine's Day , before we were married. I had wanted the necklace for some months, but couldn't justify buying it at the time due to the price. On that day, it was cold. He wore a long, black elegant cashmere coat. We were standing at a plaza, amidst a back drop of grey skies, and out of that coat he pulled out a beautiful red box! I don't wear it enough, so today I decided to. It's 2 birds and a little, silver nest with 3 pearl eggs in it. It was a great gift signifying that stage in our relationship.

IMG_1152.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my turquoise pendant yesterday. It is made of Number 8 untreated turquoise cabochons and small, demantoids at the bottom with gold. Goes well with my gold and turquoise bangle. I put it on a darker blue silk chord for a more colorful and casual look...

IMG_3188.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just love your emerald ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Seaglow! I really love the red and green together. How fabulous is that location? Looks very very romantic. I can almost see a story of the land.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Minous and Bluegemz!

An hour drive more and you end up in Andorra, a micro country between Spain and France.

Here's my padparadscha ring at the Andorran capital overlooking Salvador Dali's sculpture "La Noblesse du Temps" (The Nobility of Time).

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow,
WOW, that pad is SO elegant in setting and in color combination! Just beautiful.

Lilmosun, beautiful pieces. They look so lush and almost tropical in colors. I adore the gold with the colors as well. Just seeing tose color combos makes me happy!

Today, I'm STILL wearing the star sapphire ring. I apologize for being boring and repetitive, but Since I received it, I just can't bear to take it off. These are the last pics I will post of it for a while, I promise!

I'm also again wearing the new turquoise pendant, but with a wider silk ribbon. I bought a few, one in a chartreuse color, light blue and the color that is being worn. I hope you all are not sick of seeing these pieces! Sometimes when I get new pieces, I'll wear them very often, and then eventually I normalize to cycling through wearing many pieces of my collection again.

With the star, I've noticed that it really does change colors from an aqua blue in indirect light to a darker lavender in the direct sun. These pics, in shade and in light, were taken at the same time, same time of day, same place, etc. it's interesting. It's also very uniform in color, but the hexagonal silk seem to concentrate the colors differently from different angles. The sense of the sapphire constantly changing it what gives me the feeling that it's alive, because of the responsiveness to light.

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dream of having a pad like yours seaglow!

Today it's my godfather's jade ring with my grandmother's ivory bangle.
IMG_20170613_081104.jpg
And spess with mint garnet ring on the other hand
IMG_20170613_081534.jpg
Your speed ring is like candy! Yum!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Minous and Bluegemz!

An hour drive more and you end up in Andorra, a micro country between Spain and France.

Here's my padparadscha ring at the Andorran capital overlooking Salvador Dali's sculpture "La Noblesse du Temps" (The Nobility of Time).

image.jpeg
Very cool ring! What are the stones with your pad?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochito, that's lovely! I really like the sideways tear drop orientation in the setting. I've always wanted a stone set that way! Beautiful, romantic pink color too. What stone is it, pink sapphire or spinel?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results