shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Bluegemz! Love your "organic" stones and sense of style!.

amyek

Rough_Rock
I am wearing an orange Spessie from Jeff Davies. I love it. It's a nice size at > 3 cts. IRL, it is pure orange. Loupe clean. It is in a Stuller mount. Rich yg head and a wg shank. :)

IMG_0818.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing an orange Spessie from Jeff Davies. I love it. It's a nice size at > 3 cts. IRL, it is pure orange. Loupe clean. It is in a Stuller mount. Rich yg head and a wg shank. :)

IMG_0818.JPG
Simply stunning spess! A Spessartite ring like that is one of my dream rings..,sigh. I love the large size of the stone.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0818.JPG
Loupe clean is great already, but it is also big and orange...beautiful sunshine!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia- gorgeous spinel ring. That color of blue is rare in a spinel and usually blue and pink/red IMHO do not go well together in colored stone rings. But your ring shows that matching the just the right hues in different colored stones can have a spectacular effect. Very beautifully done. :appl:

Amyek- Stunning spessie ring. That neon glow is truly gorgeous and over 3 carats! :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not so sure I should have ventured over to this thread. It's downright dangerous. So many BEAUTIFUL pieces!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't wear these green jadeite earrings quite enough, but thought they went well with the green top I had on today. The fabric's more green than the turquoise captured by my phone cam.

20170622_235813-1.jpg

20170622_235546-1.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear these green jadeite earrings quite enough, but thought they went well with the green top I had on today. The fabric's more green than the turquoise captured by my phone cam.

20170622_235813-1.jpg

20170622_235546-1.jpg
Love, love, love apple green jade!

I once walked into a store in my town - it is full of different curiosities, and there was an old green jade bracelet. I think he said 80 K. Still not sure if I heard right, I preferred to retreat in haste, but from what I understand, untreated green jade is very expensive. I remember unusual glow that the piece emanated, and fantastic green.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia- gorgeous spinel ring. That color of blue is rare in a spinel and usually blue and pink/red IMHO do not go well together in colored stone rings. But your ring shows that matching the just the right hues in different colored stones can have a spectacular effect. Very beautifully done. :appl:

Amyek- Stunning spessie ring. That neon glow is truly gorgeous and over 3 carats! :love:

LisaRN, the blue spinel is nice. I have a larger freeform piece, don't know what do do with it yet. You are right, I probably should have used better spinels, but I am saving my better smaller round Mahenges for a cross, or a pendant, or something. This stone was shallow, and I did not think much of it, only later when the vendors retired did I realize that actually, bright blue spinel over 1 ct is already something.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN, the blue spinel is nice. I have a larger freeform piece, don't know what do do with it yet. You are right, I probably should have used better spinels, but I am saving my better smaller round Mahenges for a cross, or a pendant, or something. This stone was shallow, and I did not think much of it, only later when the vendors retired did I realize that actually, bright blue spinel over 1 ct is already something.

Oh no no no no no! I did NOT mean you should have used better spinels. Sometimes the written word does not convey the meaning intended. I think you have an eye for matching the right spinels together and that good eye enabled you to make a beautiful ring. I have always admired this ring with it's gorgeous spinels. :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no no no no no! I did NOT mean you should have used better spinels. Sometimes the written word does not convey the meaning intended. I think you have an eye for matching the right spinels together and that good eye enabled you to make a beautiful ring. I have always admired this ring with it's gorgeous spinels. :)

Lisa, I was actually answering my own thoughts. :) I think that the spinels look better IRL, this camera is not good for color red, but definitely not the best ones. (But you girls snatched the best ones, too, you, TL, Chrono, and some others. All TL's Mahenges, for example, are from another universe).

I just remember the story of purchasing these stones. The really good one, a 3-ct cushion, was long gone. This navette was stated to be cut of the same material. I showed it to a gemologist here, complained of all imperfections and he said that all of it was commonly seen in these stones.

Then when I bought it, I was treating it accordingly - small, not precision cut, what can one do with it? Then the vendor sent me a message that he went to Vietnam, and all that he saw was tiny, barely half-carat. And now the business simply closed. So I am very happy that I bought and set the stone, I wish I could foresee that they would get out of business as they had other nice things on their site.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_0818.JPG
I love your great ball of fire!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love, love, love apple green jade!

I once walked into a store in my town - it is full of different curiosities, and there was an old green jade bracelet. I think he said 80 K. Still not sure if I heard right, I preferred to retreat in haste, but from what I understand, untreated green jade is very expensive. I remember unusual glow that the piece emanated, and fantastic green.

Haha that is likely. I've seen some 6 digit pieces here. I do think that some are still reluctant to sell as certain pieces are hard to come by again and will quote an obscenely high price to deter or gauge the market's response.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20170622_235813-1.jpg

20170622_235546-1.jpg
Super gorgeous! I LOVE the color and the marquis shapes!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, today, we are taking a walk to the plaza. They have a crafts market. I'm wearing this antique Saudi Arabian Peridot and bead set diamond necklace, and my yellow and white jadeite bangle. This jade just reminds me of golden, Summer dried grassy hills. I picked it out of 2, sister bangles, cut from the same boulder. Now I wish I had bought both of them.

I love your necklace. How beautiful!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I'm such a sucker for blue sapphires! I never get tired of your pieces, Catmom.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I'm such a sucker for blue sapphires! I never get tired of your pieces, Catmom.

Aww thanks!! I am too. There's just something about that blue that gets me every time.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some gorgeous sapphires Catmom. :kiss:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom- Ack! Gorgeous! Holy smokes gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Acimon- I love your stacks. Your collection is so incredible and I love every piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results