shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I'll add that I second your choice - there is something more graceful about it and the craftsmanship looks great. :))
Thank you! you are right. If I think about it, the craftsmanship and proportions are what sold me over the other, even though that large, darker blue sapphire was so attractive to me.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can understand that: on the one hand, you're considering it as a beautiful piece of jewelry; on the other, you are looking at it for its magnificent stone. Its a dilemma, but I still think you did the right thing!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can understand that: on the one hand, you're considering it as a beautiful piece of jewelry; on the other, you are looking at it for its magnificent stone. Its a dilemma, but I still think you did the right thing!
Exactly! That's the dilemma. the totality of the gem and the design together just wasn't integrated enough with the other one. Thanks again!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And, I've been shopping for sometime for a star sapphire ring. I'm so excited to have finally found the one! It hasn't arrived yet, but I have to share a picture. The star is stronger than in this picture, but I just love this dreamy look. Reminds me of a jellyfish sitting on a bed of diamonds. It's 18.81 carats. I'll post a bunch more pics when it srrives on friday!

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg
This star sapphire ring is just perfect!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow- Your emerald and paraiba rings are divine. Color!

Bluegemz - I love your moonstones. So excited for your new star sapphire ring!

Catmom- I did not know you had such a gorgeous ruby ring. The color of the ruby is perfect.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that unique setting Catmom. Your ruby is just glowing! :love:

Thank you elle_71125. The setting is what initially drew me to this ring. I love different settings but I have to say the stone itself really has my heart. It really does glow.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough choice between the ethereal and the bold, Bluegemz! Can't go wetting with either but I do think I like the subtlety of your choice just a bit better than the other :)

Catmom, that ring is an inspiration! Gorgeous ruby!

Aww thank you Burmesedaze!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow- Your emerald and paraiba rings are divine. Color!

Bluegemz - I love your moonstones. So excited for your new star sapphire ring!

Catmom- I did not know you had such a gorgeous ruby ring. The color of the ruby is perfect.

Thank LisaRN, I got it last year so I haven't had it that long.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so clean, pure in shape, and luminous. Love them! That blue one is amazing. What a lovely orange paw.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cat is such a beauty! Gem silica is amazingly beautiful. The carnelian is so rich as well. I imagine those look great together, stacked or on different fingers.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing my star sapphire ring and my usual sapphire. I wish i could capture the look of this stone, but it's not easy. There are no visible silk lines, and it's very deep and clear, like a pool of water. It's evenly blue colored throughout, and seems to change depending on the light. The star is centered and moves freely. I could not be more happy right now. Dream come true for me!

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A star sapphire is one of my dream stones. Yours is gorgeous, like a clear cool tropical pool of refreshing water!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A star sapphire is one of my dream stones. Yours is gorgeous, like a clear cool tropical pool of refreshing water!!
Thank you Mochito! I have literally been searching for the right star sapphire ring for decades now.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo I was wearing this one in my head....
20170602_143927[1].jpg

and then I went to Graff and was just dripping in diamonds.
20170602_144016[1].jpg
Its been a good day...lol

20170429_121958[1].jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to a gallery this evening, so I'm wearing jewelry purchased in galleries made by artists. The first, I've shown before, is an iron collar with diamonds and gold rivets. With it, these river stone earrings which are carved into and then inlaid with Venician glass and gold. They remind me of the waves I've seen in Japanese prints.

IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2944.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted to buy a matching iron cuff from the artist who made the collar, but she only offers her things very sporadically. The ones I did see, which I was silly not to grab when I could, were very dramatic with iron and gold rivets, diamonds and spessartites. There was a fabulous play between precious and non precious, ( although iron is very basic to humanity) , rough and refined, matt, opaque, versus sparkly and translucent. So I'm adding in this buffalo horn cuff, which has in my opinion an ultra modern shape and texture. I think it kind of goes, though not perfectly. Maybe black jade would be better, but the reflective surface might be distracting whereas this cuff is more similar in texture and surface.

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi your lovely rings look like yummy candy. Delicious! :lickout:

Bluegemz I love your sapphires and you have such a diverse collection of gems and jewelry. Always a treat to see what you will post next. :love:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bluegemz, I changed my mind.

You don't need your own thread. You need a coffeebook with all the amazing history and stories behind each and every of your piece of jewellery!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi your lovely rings look like yummy candy. Delicious! :lickout:

Bluegemz I love your sapphires and you have such a diverse collection of gems and jewelry. Always a treat to see what you will post next. :love:
LisaRN, thank you! I find myself deeply intrigued by many types and styles of jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results