shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm wearing my new to me tanzanite and diamond ring. I can't quite decide if it's more violet or blue, bc it changes colors according to the lighting. Having fun getting to know it.
IMG_8609.JPG

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8588.JPG IMG_8590.JPG Here it is again looking blue

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is just a slight change, but I ordered this tiny, 14k owl on a moon and restrung the spinel beads to attach the owl. This is what I wore yesterday with my ruby ring, and 2 bracelets. One is diamond ( rather warm tone) and the other is my spessartite and pink spinel.
I'm happy with the necklace but I wonder if it would look better with a little star somewhere, or a tiny, sparkle diamond which looks like a star. What do you think?

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

Maybe a tiny diamond star or just a tiny solitaire at the tip of the crescent moon next to the owl?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful tanzanite! Blue, purple, "blurple", I just love the color. To me, tanzanite is like imperial topaz or tsavorite garnet in that it is just a beautiful stone from pastel to deep. Not all gems are beautiful in their full range.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a tiny diamond star or just a tiny solitaire at the tip of the crescent moon next to the owl?
I think it needs a star as well. Thanks, now I know what to do. It's just a matter of finding the right one.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking great, Nala! I'd be very fascinated with the color shifting of a ring like yours. Congratulations on your new beauty!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala- beautiful tanzanite and beautiful setting.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thanks so much for the lovely compliments! For some reason, my ring is not very photogenic so I am glad you all can appreciate it anyhow!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Paraiba day. Overlooking is Hongkong's Victoria Harbour.

image.jpeg

Hello from Central! Are you here for the Christie's auctions? Enjoy Hong Hong, it's nice right now though supposed to rain later this week.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello from Central! Are you here for the Christie's auctions? Enjoy Hong Hong, it's nice right now though supposed to rain later this week.

How did you know? Yes! I'm in HK for the auction. Today is bags and wallets auction though. The jewels ended yesterday. :) Are you attending the auction as well?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did you know? Yes! I'm in HK for the auction. Today is bags and wallets auction though. The jewels ended yesterday. :) Are you attending the auction as well?

I'm at work so unfortunately cannot attend. I was thinking of viewing the preauction exhibit they had over the weekend but was too lazy. There are auctions every couple of months it seems so I get a bit lazy and usually don't go unless the exhibit is happening at the same time as one of the gem shows. There's some nice jewels by Asian designers available this time that I saw on Christie's site. Have you got your eye on anything in particular?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm at work so unfortunately cannot attend. I was thinking of viewing the preauction exhibit they had over the weekend but was too lazy. There are auctions every couple of months it seems so I get a bit lazy and usually don't go unless the exhibit is happening at the same time as one of the gem shows. There's some nice jewels by Asian designers available this time that I saw on Christie's site. Have you got your eye on anything in particular?

I haven't! I'm only staying a couple of days in HK. I stay near the Convention Center. It would be nice to meet up with you if you have time!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christie's have fantastic lighting for my emerald and paraiba rings.

image.jpeg
Seaglow, how fun! I've always wanted to attend a big auction. Your rings are beautiful!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been posting recently because I've been on a pearl wearing spree, but today I'm wearing my grey moonstone pendant and earrings, and my carved, antique lavender/blue/green dragon/Phoenix bangle. Usual sapphire ring with diamond earrings, I thought I wouldn't wear these moonstones until the Fall, but they go nicely with my shirt for office wear.

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2975.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And, I've been shopping for sometime for a star sapphire ring. I'm so excited to have finally found the one! It hasn't arrived yet, but I have to share a picture. The star is stronger than in this picture, but I just love this dreamy look. Reminds me of a jellyfish sitting on a bed of diamonds. It's 18.81 carats. I'll post a bunch more pics when it srrives on friday!

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the other one that I was deciding on, a 28 carat, Art Deco sapphire. It would have needed quite a bit of restoration. The star doesn't show well in this picture, but it had a strong star....

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love both the star sapphires Bluegemz!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love both the star sapphires Bluegemz!
Seaglow, thank you! It was a TOUGH decision.im still sad that I can't have them both. I love them equally.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that unique setting Catmom. Your ruby is just glowing! :love:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tough choice between the ethereal and the bold, Bluegemz! Can't go wetting with either but I do think I like the subtlety of your choice just a bit better than the other :)

Catmom, that ring is an inspiration! Gorgeous ruby!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, love the color of that ruby, Catmom.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough choice between the ethereal and the bold, Bluegemz! Can't go wetting with either but I do think I like the subtlety of your choice just a bit better than the other :)

Catmom, that ring is an inspiration! Gorgeous ruby!
Burmezedaze, I appreciate the support about my choice of the more ethereal star sapphire. I kind of agonized over deciding, so it's great to get another opinion! Thanks.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty ruby set, Catmom!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burmezedaze, I appreciate the support about my choice of the more ethereal star sapphire. I kind of agonized over deciding, so it's great to get another opinion! Thanks.
And I'll add that I second your choice - there is something more graceful about it and the craftsmanship looks great. :))

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wetting=wrong.
Autocorrect's fault, not mine :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results