shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN - I think that gorgeous red spinel ring holds its own against anything I've seen on PS. But I know what you mean. I've been away from my jewelry for a few months and now having fun revisiting some of my pieces not worn for awhile. And yes, I was lucky to get the cluster ring before I joined PS as the paraibas in it outglow my others and it has some true windex-blue ones that I haven't been able to find since (at least in my budget, lol). The first time I saw the ring, I had to ask if they were real stones :o
Seaglow - your rings glow from so far away!!
mtsapphire - I've never thought a grey spinel ring was a color for me but seeing them with your grey pearls has me rethinking (PS effect warning going off right now).
Burmesedaze - love your jadeite beads!
Bluegemz - you have so many gorgeous combinations, watching your posts is like flipping through a high end catalogue.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A sunny May Day calls for the lighter reds!
One of my first CS rings purchased years ago, a pink tourmaline cabochon in 18k white gold.

A Burmese rhodolite garnet cushion ring that doesn't show up as reddish-pink as it should under the yellow incandescent light. 20170501_124140-1.jpg 20170501_124150-1.jpg 20170501_124152-1.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lilmosun - those blues and greens never fail to take my breath away, especially as I've never seen a Paraiba tourmaline or anything close IRL.

mtsapphirelovingannie - what a fresh, feminine and elegant pairing of the spinels and pearls.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am in a delicate color mood. So I'm wearing my carved, antique jadeite bangle. It's a dragon and Phoenix connected by two balls. This jadeite bangle was all polished by hand rather than machine, which astounds me. It's got a shiny, wet look to it. Simple lavender earrings. Also wearing everyday sapphire ring and navette sapphire ring.

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A sunny May Day calls for the lighter reds!
One of my first CS rings purchased years ago, a pink tourmaline cabochon in 18k white gold.

A Burmese rhodolite garnet cushion ring that doesn't show up as reddish-pink as it should under the yellow incandescent light. 20170501_124140-1.jpg 20170501_124150-1.jpg 20170501_124152-1.jpg
Those are beautiful rings. The cushion is grand! Love the delicate setting and the robust stone. I've always wanted a rhodolite garnet ring...sigh.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very happy today and want to share my joy. A 2 year long project is complete. I bought this jadeite bangle 2 years ago. It is an oval shape and was much too small to get over my hand. So I asked the company to cut it in half. I know, this is rarely done, but I had to have it. I finally had it hinged. It took me all this time to find the right person to do the work, as very few gold smiths around here are willing to work with jadeite due to lack of experience. I find that it goes really well with my sugarloaf tourmaline earrings. Now it's settled, I definitely need a blue green tourmaline ring to match!
The pics do not capture the colors as well as I would like. . It goes from deep blue green, to light mint green. It's very translucent. I feel that the gold adds something to it and think it looks better as a hinged bangle than it would have without the gold. It's such a great feeling to get a project in the mail! I'm sure you all can relate to that feeling!

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2744.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm very happy today and want to share my joy. A 2 year long project is complete. I bought this jadeite bangle 2 years ago. It is an oval shape and was much too small to get over my hand. So I asked the company to cut it in half. I know, this is rarely done, but I had to have it. I finally had it hinged. It took me all this time to find the right person to do the work, as very few gold smiths around here are willing to work with jadeite due to lack of experience. I find that it goes really well with my sugarloaf tourmaline earrings. Now it's settled, I definitely need a blue green tourmaline ring to match!
The pics do not capture the colors as well as I would like. . It goes from deep blue green, to light mint green. It's very translucent. I feel that the gold adds something to it and think it looks better as a hinged bangle than it would have without the gold. It's such a great feeling to get a project in the mail! I'm sure you all can relate to that feeling!

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2744.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

That's a very deep unusual yet very appealing green. I love the translucency of the bangle too. The yellow gold enhances the depth of colour, certainly!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amber necklace paired with my white jadeite earrings in rose gold. A nice pop of warm colour with an all black dress.

20170502_233327-1.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pair of earrings - lilac Vietnamese spinel, demantoids and pink Tanzanian spinels. The lower part - demantoids - I want to change for something else, they are too green for the delicate spinel.

20161003_135856.jpg

20161003_173432.jpg

20161003_173527.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber necklace paired with my white jadeite earrings in rose gold. A nice pop of warm colour with an all black dress.

20170502_233327-1.jpg
What a lovely combination, especially on a black dress!
A pair of earrings - lilac Vietnamese spinel, demantoids and pink Tanzanian spinels. The lower part - demantoids - I want to change for something else, they are too green for the delicate spinel.

20161003_135856.jpg

20161003_173432.jpg

20161003_173527.jpg
Wow, those earrings are like an orchestra of different pinks. Stunning! I think the green is fresh. The combination is extremely beautiful, and somewhat unexpected together.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz your jadeite and amber pieces are beautiful. You have an amazing collection of jewelry!:love:

Arkteia- Those spinel and dematoid earrings are amazing. :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2744.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

A beautiful combination, and I like golden hinge on the jadeite bracelet. Very cool. Gorgeous tourmaline, too.

Your story about cutting jade is interesting indeed. Here, in WA, we have a curious pioneer museum. Hosting, among other things, many NA artifacts, including adzes made of jade. An adze was a paddle-like tool used by NA to make, for example, canoes. The jade boulders were collected along the Columbia River and in what today would be British Columbia. It was practically impossible to break the jade, so deep grooves were made along its top, and then deepened; the boulders would be broken along these grooves. Long time went into adze-making. And of course, the tools would be kept in the family.

It would be interesting to know how jade is cut today.

On the photo - raw material with scored grooves. Sorry for the quality, old smartphone.

SmartSelectImage_2017-05-02-22-11-35.png

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful combination, and I like golden hinge on the jadeite bracelet. Very cool. Gorgeous tourmaline, too.

Your story about cutting jade is interesting indeed. Here, in WA, we have a curious pioneer museum. Hosting, among other things, many NA artifacts, including adzes made of jade. An adze was a paddle-like tool used by NA to make, for example, canoes. The jade boulders were collected along the Columbia River and in what today would be British Columbia. It was practically impossible to break the jade, so deep grooves were made along its top, and then deepened; the boulders would be broken along these grooves. Long time went into adze-making. And of course, the tools would be kept in the family.

It would be interesting to know how jade is cut today.

On the photo - raw material with scored grooves. Sorry for the quality, old smartphone.

SmartSelectImage_2017-05-02-22-11-35.png
Thanks for the inspiring image! It's amazing how much work went into jade cutting. The ancient South American people used string covered in pork fat, with crushed corundum and other crystal power on the string. It took years to make the beads and masks. They were far more valued than gold. In Asia, one piece of jade sculpture would have taken a master years to complete. Now, they use high powered, diamond tipped saws which have flowing water over them to keep them cool. I once had Dan Stair repolish a bangle and he commented on the increadible toughness of the stone. It's truly impressive to imagine the time, dedication and skill involved. In addition, Jade is one of the most difficult gems to understand. They say it takes years of intense training to be able to accurately assess a jade. This is because there are many more qualities than in other stones. Texture, composition, stone lines, color, translucence...and on and on. Each has a value. It's kind of like a vegas slot machine. Getting one lemon isn't rare, but getting 2, then 3 then 4 lemons...each added quality becomes exponentially rarer. frex, if one desires a strong color, it can be affordable if one is willing to do without translucence, or if one wants good translucence, fine texture, it's easier to find this if one accepts stone lines or unusual colors. When all qualities are working together, then it's one of the rarest gems on earth. This applies to nephrite jade too. Some is extremely highly valued these days. British Colombian jade is very beautiful and highly coveted! The ancient jade workers were so sophisticated. They knew all of this stuff by observation. Amazing.
Sorry for the long response lol.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing some spess earrings and pendant, along with a jadeite bangle which my mother gave me as a wedding gift. The pictures are too dark to show the colors well. I really want to change the pendant to match the earrings. Sigh... on my list of projects.

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

Last edited:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Nkotb --- yellow diamonds definitely count in my book as colored :appl: . Bluegemz how brave to cut the bangle but what an elegant result. I recall reading at Met exhibit that Jade is harder than steel. No wonder they prized the workmanship in the days before power tools. Arkteia those are lovely earrings. They must catch the eye. I like the green but what about mahenge garnets? I'm wearing newly set mahenge spinel from Andrew Gulij.

2017-05-03 18.42.54.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nkotb --- yellow diamonds definitely count in my book as colored :appl: . Bluegemz how brave to cut the bangle but what an elegant result. I recall reading at Met exhibit that Jade is harder than steel. No wonder they prized the workmanship in the days before power tools. Arkteia those are lovely earrings. They must catch the eye. I like the green but what about mahenge garnets? I'm wearing newly set mahenge spinel from Andrew Gulij.

2017-05-03 18.42.54.jpg
Thank you! How gorgeous your new ring is! Love that touch of yellow gold in the setting. It really brings out the brilliance of the pink. Sigh...so, so pretty!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond in the S-T range. That kinda counts as a CS, right? :)

IMG_0850.JPG
Yes! Yellow diamonds definitely count! It's like a sun. Very lovely!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz- I love the spessies set in yellow gold. Very beautiful.

NKOTB- what a gorgeous diamond ring. I love how lemony the diamond looks.

Wordie- I love this newer picture of your Mahenge ring. I just noticed how the shoulders are done in yellow gold which compliments the hot pink of your spinel. Lovely.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you:)) That combo of white and yellow gold really works nicely with that pink. I'm even wearing it around the house it's so sparkly.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, aside from my usual sapphire ring, I'm wearing my huge gold snake ring. This was a custom made piece. It has a story: my husband and I are from California and collected jade for some years (though we live now in another state.) So, it was natural that we would try to acquire some Vonsons blue jade from Sonoma County. The mine has been closed for years, but we attempted to visit it by contacting the land owner, who had a goat ranch operating. He was unable to grant access after a visitor tripped and sued him for 50k. Horrible! Disappointed, we drove to a nearby beach.
Anyway, while on the beach, my husband found this Vonsons blue jade pebble, which was verified by a local jade expert. It was a special find. Because we've never found any more. Though jade snakes up and down the coast of California due to the turbulent geological conditions, and has multiple fingerling outcropping on land and in the ocean. Dana Reynolds polished into a cabochon, and I had it set into this snake ring. I added a yellow diamond as I wanted the stones to be in the coils, like a progression in time, since the yellow diamond was the first stone my husband gave me. Anyway, it's a very sentimental, somewhat abstracted boa, which is the ultimate knuckle buster lol!

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely find and so much meaning to the snake ring, Bluegemz!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely find and so much meaning to the snake ring, Bluegemz!
Thank you! Yes, it's got so much meaning. It feels good to find your own stone. It's really a gift of nature. And even though the little jade pebble was small and humble, as a present from the ocean, I felt it deserved the best in setting.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, I'm wearing my natural yellow and white diamond ring, with these diamond earrings and this antique gold, diamond and peridot necklace from Saudi Arabia. The workmanship always astounds me with older jewelry. The peridot is a beautiful green which isn't fully captured, unfortunately. This necklace is the perfect office necklace. Thank god it's Friday!

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today, I'm wearing my natural yellow and white diamond ring, with these diamond earrings and this antique gold, diamond and peridot necklace from Saudi Arabia. The workmanship always astounds me with older jewelry. The peridot is a beautiful green which isn't fully captured, unfortunately. This necklace is the perfect office necklace. Thank god it's Friday!

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG
I love everything! Your jade jewelry is just gorgeous. I love the story about finding the stone and having Dana polish it. Your peridot is so pretty too. The color is so fresh.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing some spess earrings and pendant, along with a jadeite bangle which my mother gave me as a wedding gift. The pictures are too dark to show the colors well. I really want to change the pendant to match the earrings. Sigh... on my list of projects.

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG
That jade is lovely! Are those spessartites or hessonites in the earrings and necklace? Are they madeira citrines? I love the color.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That jade is lovely! Are those spessartites or hessonites in the earrings and necklace? Are they madeira citrines? I love the color.
Thank you! The earrings and pendant are spessartite, but these indoor pics have been very low light and not showing colors well. I took another picture to show how they look in daylight. These are not the mandarine color, but more of a deep orange.

IMG_2776.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that color spessartite Bluegemz. Mine is that same color. It reminds me of autumn, whereas mandarin reminds me of summer.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that color spessartite Bluegemz. Mine is that same color. It reminds me of autumn, whereas mandarin reminds me of summer.
That's true, it reminds me of Autumn too! I think of reddish orange leaves and pumpkins, and glowing lights coming through shadows at night. I'd love to see yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results