shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow bluegemz... you need to make a thread with all your jewellery all together!

That ring is absolutely tdf.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bluegemz - such a feminine coloured star sapphire in a nice shape with a defined star. WOW. Where is the stone from?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow bluegemz... you need to make a thread with all your jewellery all together!

That ring is absolutely tdf.
Awe, thank you! Maybe I could start a thread, but at this point there would be so many repeated posts!
Bluegemz - such a feminine coloured star sapphire in a nice shape with a defined star. WOW. Where is the stone from?
Burmezedaze, thanks! I bought the stone from a local gem supplier. Its somewhat of a color shifter, going from pink to purple.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two stones that I pulled out today.
A Tanzanian spinel (it looks pink in daytime and red-orrange in office lights). Sapphire looking like this in the office. I am a nocturnal person and we do not have much sun anyhow

20170510_212539.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkteia, those are beautiful! I am particularly taken with the spinel because of the fabulous color and the delicate trapezoid diamonds which frame it beautifully. The sapphire ring is like a lace. Fabulous sapphire too!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a combination of many colors...a 22k beadand amethyst necklace. The colors of the amethyst isn't well captured ed because they are a deep purple. Then my emerald ring, which I haven't yet put on this thread, and my blue jade bangle. Sometimes I feel like wearing many different types of jewelry at once lol.

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A Tanzanian spinel (it looks pink in daytime and red-orrange in office lights). Sapphire looking like this in the office. I am a nocturnal person and we do not have much sun anyhow

20170510_212539.jpg
Your two gorgeous rings are so bright I need to put on my sunglasses.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

20170510_212539.jpg

I can't take eyes off that spinel!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkteia, those are beautiful! I am particularly taken with the spinel because of the fabulous color and the delicate trapezoid diamonds which frame it beautifully. The sapphire ring is like a lace. Fabulous sapphire too!
Thank you! The sapphire ring, actually, is wavy - the effect is very noticeable if one looks from the side. The sapphire was bought from Gary Braun, a while ago, the precise weight I don't remember (2.6 ct?). It is AGL-certified unheated, and does not get inky at nighttime. At daytime it is awesome, but sun is short here. My jeweler operates from the presumption that I have big hands and need big rings. I ask only for one thing, that the stones are set AHAP - as high as possible.
The spinel's setting was my idea.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
T
Thank you! The sapphire ring, actually, is wavy - the effect is very noticeable if one looks from the side. The sapphire was bought from Gary Braun, a while ago, the precise weight I don't remember (2.6 ct?). It is AGL-certified unheated, and does not get inky at nighttime. At daytime it is awesome, but sun is short here. My jeweler operates from the presumption that I have big hands and need big rings. I ask only for one thing, that the stones are set AHAP - as high as possible.
The spinel's setting was my idea.
They are both truly wonderfully gorgeous! I am in agreement with you, I need a lot of finger coverage too, and once my jeweler told me that the older we get, the bigger the jewelry should be. I've never forgotten this!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Iam wearing simple, easy jewelry. Lavender jadeite bangle. It cracked and I had to have it peg set and banded with gold. Also, a Rhodolite and labradorite necklace. I LOVE these garnet beads because they are lavender/purple/pink color and very clear. I'm also wearing my usual sapphire ring and gold hoops.

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie- Ack! Your collection is so amazing and your red spinel and sapphire rings are gorgeous! What is not to love about a fire-engine red spinel?
Bluegemz- Love your jade pieces and your emerald ring. The color of the emerald is IMHO ideal. The sapphire necklace is gorgeous! Love that cornflower blue color.
Catmom- Beautiful ring. I love the details, fiery diamonds and pink gem. What is that gorgeous gem?

Here is what I am wearing today. An antique brooch from England with one little old mine diamond and two rubies. This piece is has the Manton & Mole maker's mark, circa late 19th century. I am wearing it on a cord as a necklace today.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie- Ack! Your collection is so amazing and your red spinel and sapphire rings are gorgeous! What is not to love about a fire-engine red spinel?
Bluegemz- Love your jade pieces and your emerald ring. The color of the emerald is IMHO ideal. The sapphire necklace is gorgeous! Love that cornflower blue color.
Catmom- Beautiful ring. I love the details, fiery diamonds and pink gem. What is that gorgeous gem?

Here is what I am wearing today. An antique brooch from England with one little old mine diamond and two rubies. This piece is has the Manton & Mole maker's mark, circa late 19th century. I am wearing it on a cord as a necklace today.

Lisa RN, I love, love your antique brooch! Antique jewelry is amazing because of its "perfect imperfection". Today, with CADS, lasers and precision instruments, this unique beauty is lost.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie you are so right and thank you for your appreciation of antique jewelry. There is a certain romanticism I experience when buying an antique piece. For this piece I wondered "Did the wearer place a lock of her beloved's hair in the secret compartment?" I believe she must have felt special to have a gift made to her with an inscription of undying love that included a diamond and rubies.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN, that bracelet is fabulous! I love the sentimentality of jewelry from this period. It is very different in feel from some of the more abstracted themes today. Love the secret message inside!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More jade today. This bangle, jadeite from Burma, is very hard to accurately photograph. It is a deep, blue green, broken ice textured bangle. I could not capture it in these pictures, but it's very highly translucent. It reminds me of deep ocean water, where the light fades...when the light hits it, the bangles translucence glows. There's a mysterious feel to it.

Then, as a surprise, my husband bought me these Olmec blue jadeite slice earrings. This is jadeite from South America. Translucent, somewhat more grainy in texture. There is a natural stone line in one of the earrings.

They make an interesting set. Two jadeite from different parts of the world.
I'm going to switch the sterling silver to gold on the earrings.
Happy Mother's Day ladies!
IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2847.jpg

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN, I LOVE your antique brooch!! Absolutely gorgeous and I love the sentiment on the back. :love::love:

The pink stone in that ring is a pink sapphire.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20170510_212539.jpg

That sapphire ring is TDF!!!

I'm wearing my new emerald, diamond and platinum bracelet to work today. I'm wearing a plain, vintage palladium leaf ring to keep it looking not too serious!

IMG_2477.JPG

Absolutely LOVE your emerald bracelet. It's gorgeous!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Catmom and Bluegemz! What beautiful pieces! Just gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing a very old necklace of Spinel beads which was purchased for Mother's Day. They have a pomegranate color, and graduate to a tiny size. Yesterday, I ordered this 14k, tiny Victorian replica of an owl on a moon. When it comes, I will string it onto the shorter strand of the spinels. I may add a gold star somewhere else depending on how it looks. I once had a magic experience with an owl at night in late pregnancy with my last child, so this seemed like a fitting totem on the necklace. The beads remind me of blood lines!
I'm also wearing my ruby and sapphire rings, to match! Wish I had earrings in this color to go..sigh.

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2849.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results