shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia - your earrings are to die for!
wordie89 = I love your mahenge spinel ring and mixed gold setting
nkotb - beautiful diamonds...hope you and chrono post more as well as others who I know have so many killer pieces
bluegemz and burmadaze - love all the different jade/jadeite pieces...we don't see enough here!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burmadaze, those are beautifully fresh! They are a set without being an exact match. I personally find this far more interesting!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, more jadeite today, A grade. This beaded necklace is the bluest jadeite which I have. I have 2 bluish bangles, but none comes as close to a true blue as these. Worn with a blue based lavender with some slight green bangle, and a little vintage lavender jade ring. The beads have translucence, but don't show all that well in pics. Daylight and indoor, shaded room light.

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

IMG_2711.JPG

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I REALLY love blue jade, more so than the lavenders and those are such rich blue hues, Bluegemz!
Your gold bead links just gave me an idea for a long jade necklace I'm putting together from necklace strands from the same boulder.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I REALLY love blue jade, more so than the lavenders and those are such rich blue hues, Bluegemz!
Your gold bead links just gave me an idea for a long jade necklace I'm putting together from necklace strands from the same boulder.
That sounds fabulous Burmadaze! I would love to see it when completed! I'm like you, I LOVE blue jade! It can be so hard to find. Last year, I saw a deep, translucent grey blue bangle, which was like a night time blue. I regret not having just purchased it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I showed my Burmese jewellers your jade photos, Bluegemz. They love your blue bangle best :D

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pink sapphire hearts dangling on long oval diamond hoops.
Paired with a Thai design sterling silver ring set with Burmese sapphires pink and blue.

20170507_020934-1.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burmezedaze, wow! That's a compliment coming from jewelers who are exposed to the best in the land of jade! I always imagine that if I were to visit China or Myanmar, I'd simply pass out from beautiful jade overload. I've always had to buy primarily online, which as we all know is hard because seeing jade/gems in person is so much more telling. I've sent things back, and tried my best to be an online collector. The only exception is during visits to California, where there are a number of good sellers of untreated jade, but countless B and C grade sellers too, with ruthless scams.

I have a question, if one wanted to find blue jade earrings, would they be difficult to source where you are? Are the "rarer" colors, such as blue, or dark grey blue more available there? Is most of it taken to China?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, your set is beautiful! That ring is so joyous, like fireworks!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz and Burmesedaze, y'all are overloading me with eye candy today. Bluegemz, I cannot get over your jade collection and Burmesedaze, your sapphires are TDF!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Burmezedaze, wow! That's a compliment coming from jewelers who are exposed to the best in the land of jade! I always imagine that if I were to visit China or Myanmar, I'd simply pass out from beautiful jade overload. I've always had to buy primarily online, which as we all know is hard because seeing jade/gems in person is so much more telling. I've sent things back, and tried my best to be an online collector. The only exception is during visits to California, where there are a number of good sellers of untreated jade, but countless B and C grade sellers too, with ruthless scams.

I have a question, if one wanted to find blue jade earrings, would they be difficult to source where you are? Are the "rarer" colors, such as blue, or dark grey blue more available there? Is most of it taken to China?

Interestingly enough, I popped into OK Jewellery in Yangon last weekend. They have top notch A jadeite carvings and jade pieces. At 2x - 4x the price of what other shops retail. They were mostly traditional greens, whites, a few omphacites, light lavenders and yellow/light red jade. All 2 storeys of the shop only stocked these. I couldn't find any nice greys and blues. Or even pinks. I think they cater mostly to the China tourists, as there was a group there and ALL the salesgirls spoke Chinese but not much English. I tried asking if they had icy jadeite in English and they didn't know what it was and asked me if I were referring to A jadeite instead. Hmm.

So I'm guessing the alternative coloured pieces are all in China where there are more connoisseurs.

Chatoyancy - thank you :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz and Burmesedaze, y'all are overloading me with eye candy today. Bluegemz, I cannot get over your jade collection and Burmesedaze, your sapphires are TDF!
Thank you!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interestingly enough, I popped into OK Jewellery in Yangon last weekend. They have top notch A jadeite carvings and jade pieces. At 2x - 4x the price of what other shops retail. They were mostly traditional greens, whites, a few omphacites, light lavenders and yellow/light red jade. All 2 storeys of the shop only stocked these. I couldn't find any nice greys and blues. Or even pinks. I think they cater mostly to the China tourists, as there was a group there and ALL the salesgirls spoke Chinese but not much English. I tried asking if they had icy jadeite in English and they didn't know what it was and asked me if I were referring to A jadeite instead. Hmm.

So I'm guessing the alternative coloured pieces are all in China where there are more connoisseurs.

Chatoyancy - thank you :)
That's interesting. I know that so much jade everywhere goes directly to China. This includes Polar jade from BC, and Sourh American jadeite, especially the black, where it is often labeled as Burmese.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Iam corrundum girl. I've got my usual sapphire ring on my left. Then my ruby ring on my right. I cannot capture the color well. It fluoresceses a lot, so it's more of a hot red mixed with cooler reds in real life. Also, this sapphire briolet, 18k necklace and bracelet set. The little gold wire on the toggle clasp of the bracelet is to secure the clasp better. I almost lost the bracelet twice. It's a quick fix for now because I like the style of the clasps. I love this set so much! It makes me happy because of all the colors. They remind me of the walk of life with all of the changes and milestones. Many of the sapphirebeads have an internal world, such as interesting color zones, like blue to yellow, etc. and some silk...while remaining clear. What might be undesired in individual gems is fabulous for beads! I also love the micro faceting of these because they sparkle a lot. More jade tomorrow!

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add that I REALLY want to buy some matching grape cluster sapphire earrings to go with this....

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely sapphire necklace and ruby ring Bluegemz!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black opal pendant and earrings with vintage hinged jade bangle. This is the same piece of jade, even though it looks like 2 different pieces from different boulders stuck together. On one side of the dark, it fades to the light blue. I'd like to have the hinge redone so it's more modern looking someday, or maybe an Art Deco style hinge clasp.

IMG_2784.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely gems, all!
Today, I'm sporting a low key stack I threw together with a diamond half eternity, cornflower sapphire cab "evil eye" ring, and sapphire full eternity micro pave (the sapphires are the same color as my cab, despite the photography) IMG_20170422_175340970_HDR.jpg View attachment 496122 band.
I love that beautiful sapphire!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Blugemz! It's one of my favorites because the color make me so happy. It has the faintest glow of a star on one side, like it's winking at me ;-)

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone contributing on this thread, it's one of my fav threads!

Bloody hell that necklace bluegemz *thumping love heart eyes*

Love all the delicious eye candy here!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Blugemz! It's one of my favorites because the color make me so happy. It has the faintest glow of a star on one side, like it's winking at me ;-)
That's just SO Magic! I love your description, that it winks at you. And how special to have a subtle star while being so clear and such a pure hue of blue. It would have been love at first sight for me had I seen that. It's like the stone is alive!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I've got more jade today, other CS tomorrow. This is my collection of local nephrite jade, (as in the along the Western coastal area of America, and north into BC) , all from jade artist Allan Spehar of Jade Divers. The black bangle is from the famed and closed Edward's Black mine in Wyoming, and is the toughest and the blackest jade in the world.( Allan once dropped a piece on the concrete, and it just bounced like a ball!) Edwards black jade was mined out in the 60's, most of it bought up by Tiffany for inlay work.

This bangle has a story. My husband and I wanted matching jade anniversary bangles. Allan informed us of small chunk of Edwards Black he had procured after some time from a jade collector friend. He made matching bangles from the same boulder. My husband wears his always, but I rotate bangles.

Next is a Yukon Snow bangle and earrings, from a small mine in British Columbia. It is an ever changing bangle, very translucent and sensitive to the slightest shift in light, with bits of floating green, with 'snowy', creamy streaks running through it.

Finally, a pendant made from Big Sur green. It has emerald colored masses floating in a different green, highly translucent mass. The center is Edwards
Black, and I had it custom set with a custom spessartite from peter Torraca . I wanted the stone to be like a light in the center, as a meditative sphere, like a mandala. Also wanted as little metal as possible touching the disk. There is a reflection on one picture that looks like a scratch, but it is not. Also the picture with the flashlight on the Yukon Snow bangle is one of Allan's pictures, and is a different bangle. I was unable to show the jade in the light this morning, so these are all shaded room shots.

IMG_2713.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a pure, 24k gold and checkerboard cut, white moonstone ring with this star sapphire pendant. The ring is interesting because the stone is so subtle, but the gold so strong in color, which is the opposite of most rings where the stone the visually strong point, and the metal is more subtle. It reminds me of an oasis in the desert.

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow Bluegemz! I thought my mom's jewelry box was fun. Yours is fantastic!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Oh Bluegemz, I Adore your star sapphire pendant! ! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results