shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally accumulated enough Rikitea Tahitians to make a strand. I love the overtones on these.

Rikitea Pearls16.jpg

Rikitea Pearls14.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I finally accumulated enough Rikitea Tahitians to make a strand. I love the overtones on these.

Rikitea Pearls16.jpg

Rikitea Pearls14.jpg

looks very impressive with your lovely brooch
very nice length on the necklace
beautiful pearls

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really must setup my now fixed phone so i can lower the tone with my Wen pearls and moss agaite :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
speaking of Wen pearls i was just playing around last night while watching telly
i still have moss agaite and some Wen pearls left over
and its probably best i only use Wen pearls for this
but after ive paid all the rates (property taxes) this is what i want to do but in bi-colour
1710448572025.jpeg
so watch this space !

sevillaperla

Rough_Rock
I just finished stringing these metallic semi-baroque Edisons. I love the colors in these.

Edisons14.jpg

Edisons18.jpg

I’m sorry- this is one of the most beautiful necklaces I’ve ever seen. Would you mind sharing where you found pearls of this shade?

I would be willing learn to string pearls just so that I could make a necklace like this

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry- this is one of the most beautiful necklaces I’ve ever seen. Would you mind sharing where you found pearls of this shade?

I would be willing learn to string pearls just so that I could make a necklace like this

Aww, thank you! Stringing is really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I accumulated these from Udora and Kongs Pearls on Etsy and when I had enough, finally strung them.

sevillaperla

Rough_Rock
Aww, thank you! Stringing is really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I accumulated these from Udora and Kongs Pearls on Etsy and when I had enough, finally strung them.

Absolutely lovely. I had actually been watching a video of pearl stringing earlier today- Japanese double stringing method. How long does it take you for a necklace?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely. I had actually been watching a video of pearl stringing earlier today- Japanese double stringing method. How long does it take you for a necklace?

It really depends upon the size of the pearls. These are large so took a couple hours maybe less. Smaller pearls take a lot longer because there are way more knots to do.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds This post is mostly for you since we have chatted on and off about pearl stuff a little tiny bit in other threads :D

So I've been dipping my toe into pearls. Just with some 9mm dyed freshwaters because I like them a lot. The rings just are so interesting to me. I have some nugget freshies in a similar colour that are a tad bit more shiney and smooth but something about the circled ones just attracts me. And these are cheap enough to replace fairly easily when I forget not to shower in them or they get beat up just by existing on me lol. Maybe if I ever get the shared brain cell to remember to remove them I might look for nicer pearls. But until then these make me quite happyh happy happy
:D

But I decided to try my hand at making a station necklace since I'm still obviously doing something wrong with hand knotting a strand. This is my third try with it and I decided I would wear this for awhile and see how I liked it since it was my most even attempt. One picture of the colours it gives in happy pearl light. And one in not happy pearl light for length and size scale lol.

20240322_135541.jpg

Attachments

• 20240322_135650.jpg
    20240322_135650.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 5

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds This post is mostly for you since we have chatted on and off about pearl stuff a little tiny bit in other threads :D

So I've been dipping my toe into pearls. Just with some 9mm dyed freshwaters because I like them a lot. The rings just are so interesting to me. I have some nugget freshies in a similar colour that are a tad bit more shiney and smooth but something about the circled ones just attracts me. And these are cheap enough to replace fairly easily when I forget not to shower in them or they get beat up just by existing on me lol. Maybe if I ever get the shared brain cell to remember to remove them I might look for nicer pearls. But until then these make me quite happyh happy happy
:D

But I decided to try my hand at making a station necklace since I'm still obviously doing something wrong with hand knotting a strand. This is my third try with it and I decided I would wear this for awhile and see how I liked it since it was my most even attempt. One picture of the colours it gives in happy pearl light. And one in not happy pearl light for length and size scale lol.

20240322_135541.jpg

these look fabulous !!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
im so impressed:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

i dont think that showering is so bad for the pearls if you dont have hard water like we do, or they get shampoo etc on them
silk will stretch but its just the cord
sometimes i hang mine off the window stay when i have a shower so they get a DIY spa treatment as the steam flows out the window

i think i have to have a station necklace next but i suspect its too fidley for me to do myself
i think freshies are just so much fun to play around with, and wear every day
good luck with the knotting, dont give up,

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
these look fabulous !!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
im so impressed:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

i dont think that showering is so bad for the pearls if you dont have hard water like we do, or they get shampoo etc on them
silk will stretch but its just the cord
sometimes i hang mine off the window stay when i have a shower so they get a DIY spa treatment as the steam flows out the window

i think i have to have a station necklace next but i suspect its too fidley for me to do myself
i think freshies are just so much fun to play around with, and wear every day
good luck with the knotting, dont give up,

Thank youuuu!! ❤️ I definitely tried really hard! Had to try 3 different wires for the wrapping part and I might still need to go one gauge thicker when I eventually do redo this for smaller stronger loops and better wrapping. But I'm happy it looks as good as it does for now :D

Freshies are very fun! The black ones are my favourite for sure. I think I'm probably going to go for some grey rice shaped ones next time I decide to make another station something with some of my scavenged chains. Probably around my birthday I think.

And I will definitely keep trying with thread knotting! I've knotted multiple whole strands and taken them apart so many times lately lol. Whenever I double knot, no matter how hard I pull to tighten the knots probably 1/4th to half of them end up kind of looking like a little line very very quickly instead of the knots they were initially. So... many... knots to cut every time!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank youuuu!! ❤️ I definitely tried really hard! Had to try 3 different wires for the wrapping part and I might still need to go one gauge thicker when I eventually do redo this for smaller stronger loops and better wrapping. But I'm happy it looks as good as it does for now :D

Freshies are very fun! The black ones are my favourite for sure. I think I'm probably going to go for some grey rice shaped ones next time I decide to make another station something with some of my scavenged chains. Probably around my birthday I think.

And I will definitely keep trying with thread knotting! I've knotted multiple whole strands and taken them apart so many times lately lol. Whenever I double knot, no matter how hard I pull to tighten the knots probably 1/4th to half of them end up kind of looking like a little line very very quickly instead of the knots they were initially. So... many... knots to cut every time!!!

i think you are doing brilliantly and i should take inspiration (-but i have trouble with my hands and it hurts)
you are lucky to have some scavenged chains, but i dont think i would be neat enough to make a station necklace, i have so much trouble working our gauges in general , i want to buy some belcher chain (ive lost two bracelets so i thought i'll just make my own)
anyway good luck and keep perservering and posting pictures :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my bracelet and giant Michillan man pearl from @katbran .

Taken in a hallway without any ligjt, just my phone camera trying to lighten things. They just glow!
20240323_161018.jpg

20240323_160953.jpg

And with even crappy bathroom light the glow is amazing
20240323_160917.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results