shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m wearing my gateway strand. The first strand that began my obsession. They’re still my favorites

Attachments

• IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 27

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I found a nice vintage clasp and strung up a strand of 3mm round freshwater pearls from etsy yesterday.

IMG_8875.jpeg

It's so versatile. I can adjust it with a knot to give it a focal point and make it shorter:

IMG_8866.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

I can layer it (e.g., with some wrinkly white edison pearls):

IMG_8871.jpeg

I can hang a pendant from it, as long as the bail is big enough (e.g., an 18th century portrait miniature):

IMG_0118.jpeg

Knotted a few times to use as a choker-length chain:

IMG_8857.jpeg

I think I'll be wearing this necklace a lot.

IMG_8864.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a nice vintage clasp and strung up a strand of 3mm round freshwater pearls from etsy yesterday.

IMG_8875.jpeg

It's so versatile. I can adjust it with a knot to give it a focal point and make it shorter:

IMG_8866.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_8871.jpeg

I can hang a pendant from it, as long as the bail is big enough (e.g., an 18th century portrait miniature):

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_8864.jpeg

Love the clasp! I wear my "tinies" all the time. They are great for pendants.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lo

IMG_8875.jpeg

IMG_8866.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_8871.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_8864.jpeg

love this !

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I read your description of these as “cute”, and when I scrolled down my immediate thought was that I would’ve gone for “jaw dropping”! :kiss2:

Are they cherry tahitians?

They are! It's hard to get the color to photograph, but we all know how hard they are to photograph.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Tried this keshi strand on today at Paspaley. What do we all think? IMG_5591.jpeg

I can’t believe keshis can grow to that size!

I personally love it - has more personality than a strand of large WSS :kiss2:

Is it heavy? What’s the lustre like? I still can’t believe the size of each keshi!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I am the wrong person to ask about weight. I love to wear something with heft around my neck….double strand of large baroques…no problem:lol: To me it had a nice weight, you could feel it, but it didn’t seem heavy. I think the luster was excellent but it was actually hard to tell with the usual sharpness of objects reflected as a reference point given the surface variations. It would be interested in anyone’s tips on how to assess the luster on a strongly baroque necklace.

Also, when I was wearing it at Paspaley and looking in the mirror the reflection of the pearls was giving a double reflection; you couldn’t quite focus. Has anyone experienced that? @katbran @yssie ?

Attachments

• IMG_5598.jpeg
    IMG_5598.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 18

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Routine mammo today. I always wear my FW "boob pearl" to mammograms.
The radiology tech laughed and called another tech over to look, and she laughed too. :mrgreen:

Boob pearl PS.jpeg

Results are in: benign. =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Routine mammo today. I always wear my FW "boob pearl" to mammograms.
The radiology tech laughed and called another tech over to look, and she laughed too. :mrgreen:

Boob pearl PS.jpeg

Results are in: benign. =)2

Hahahahahahah that's amazing

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tried this keshi strand on today at Paspaley. What do we all think? IMG_5591.jpeg

Those are handsome pearls, wow :love:

Andrew Moline once said the best keshi should look like little rocks, unpredictable in texture but similarly shaped and visually weighted. Paspaley rocked it!! (:lol: sorry)

And seriously huge!! Can I ask, d'you feel it was priced reasonably? Curiosity - I know baroque SS have skyrocketed alongside everything else :shock:

I've seen the double reflection thing (I think I know what you're talking about) with thick glass mirrors, especially - almost like there are two reflections that are just a touch offset? And it gets worse if you look from an angle vs. straight dead on? If that's it - it's the two sides of the mirror both reflecting, but there's a tiny bit of distance between those planes thanks to the thicker glass so the reflections are a tiny bit offset too. But if that's not it then Paspaley should get an official quote from you and market the heck out of it. Sheen that steals your breath and focus... :bigsmile:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it!
I’m biased though as a I have a large gold keshi necklace that I adore. Not nearly as big and beautiful as this one though. I’d snap it up if my wallet could afford it. Not sure about double reflection but my large Keshi does have a rainbow oil slick kind of thing going on.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
And seriously huge!! Can I ask, d'you feel it was priced reasonably? Curiosity - I know baroque SS have skyrocketed alongside everything else :shock:
Relative to other items eg bead nucleated pearls or relative to other vendors?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Relative to other items eg bead nucleated pearls or relative to other vendors?
Hah, good question. Both?
I was thinking generic keshi now relative to generic keshi even five years ago. I assume branded keshi have gone up similarly, or maybe even more? @katbran maybe?

Reactions: CMN
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results