shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

They look fabulous on you! And OMG you were brave enough to go in! I’ve always wanted to go but have been too chicken!

Are you local to them? Take us with you. We will give you encouragement :)

Think of it this way- if you look in person, you might buy one day. Even if you have to win the lottery first. That is good for the company for you to get comfortable in their store!

Are you local to them? Take us with you. We will give you encouragement :)

Think of it this way- if you look in person, you might buy one day. Even if you have to win the lottery first. That is good for the company for you to get comfortable in their store!

Yes! I pass by them all the time but I feel bad because realistically I’m unlikely to buy anything so I feel bad wasting their time.

@mellowyellowgirl there is nothing wrong with going in and when you are approached to say that you are just browsing. They will let you browse no problem. Not sure how they feel about someone videoing though. While they have always been happy for me to take a picture when I try on a piece I make sure to ask each time. I expect videoing would be frowned upon.

@mellowyellowgirl there is nothing wrong with going in and when you are approached to say that you are just browsing. They will let you browse no problem. Not sure how they feel about someone videoing though. While they have always been happy for me to take a picture when I try on a piece I make sure to ask each time. I expect videoing would be frowned upon.

Oooh definitely no videoing! Goodness I’m too chicken to walk in, no way would I have the gall to ask for a video!

Haha maybe I’ll make sure to keep all my freshwaters at home :lol:

Yes! I pass by them all the time but I feel bad because realistically I’m unlikely to buy anything so I feel bad wasting their time.

Consider that they are making an investment in you. I used to visit Tiffany’s all the time and felt the same way as you. Ten years later… I am now buying there because the store feels familiar and welcoming and I know the product.

A strand of silver-white baroque Tahitians for me today. They’re more boulder-like in shape than other Tahitians I’ve seen so at first I wondered whether they’re very silver/blue WSS!

Traditionally, you’d see women in cheongsams wearing a strand of jade or white pearls, but I have neither :lol-2:

ETA: I will get this strand restrung with knots when I get the chance!

IMG_1762.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg

A strand of silver-white baroque Tahitians for me today. They’re more boulder-like in shape than other Tahitians I’ve seen so at first I wondered whether they’re very silver/blue WSS!

Traditionally, you’d see women in cheongsams wearing a strand of jade or white pearls, but I have neither :lol-2:

IMG_1762.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg
Did you just get this strand? Okay I need an updated collection pic - you’ve gotten so many new pearls recently!

Did you just get this strand? Okay I need an updated collection pic - you’ve gotten so many new pearls recently!

Haha yes I did, thanks for noticing! After stalking the pearls forum for years and learning from everyone here, I think that once I bought my first strand, I just couldn’t stop :lol-2:

I’ve got an exam coming up soon but will take some family pics after!

Haha yes I did, thanks for noticing! After stalking the pearls forum for years and learning from everyone here, I think that once I bought my first strand, I just couldn’t stop :lol-2:

I’ve got an exam coming up soon but will take some family pics after!

Story of my life! :lol:

was just camping for canada long and wanted a project to do by the campfire and knotted this 4.5 foot long necklace that I plan on rocking for a few months
(second photo is it laid straight)
20240630_180113.jpg20240630_135408.jpg

Sorry I missed this post. Holy Cannoli those are gorgeousS. I'm a sucker for big Keshi or baroque.

Yssie - the price is very high. Keshi have always been pricey since they are just random pearls that appear so there's never a LOT of them in a harvest. And of course big ones like this , it must take a couple of years to get enough of the same colour ,. size and roughly the same nuggety shape. I've never actually priced the Keshi at Paspaley ...I might be going over in August to look at the stock so I'll have to remember to ask them about the market . Goodness knows that the baroque have about tripled in wholesale cost.

I will say that the last huge Keshi strand I saw was a GSS at the HK show. Deep gold , and I think that 7 yrs ago was around 8k wholesale. Not as nicely matched in shape at the Paspaley one but glorious colour. Lord knows what it would cost now !

IMG_1762.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg

Very nice ring! Tell us more abt it. Also, pls do share pics of CS jewels you have!

Very nice ring! Tell us more abt it. Also, pls do share pics of CS jewels you have!

Thanks! I don’t own many CS at all sadly but I’m sure that will change over time :lol-2:

The ring is a Boodles Raindance from the mid-2010s. I’ve posted about it here:
Post in thread 'What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!'
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-today-show-me-your-cs.212480/post-5328338

I’m getting more into statement / cocktail rings lately - they’re lots of fun!

(Sorry, I tried to quote my post with the pictures attached but couldn’t figure out how to do it so you’ll have to click on the link above!)

Thanks! I don’t own many CS at all sadly but I’m sure that will change over time :lol-2:

The ring is a Boodles Raindance from the mid-2010s. I’ve posted about it here:
Post in thread 'What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!'
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-today-show-me-your-cs.212480/post-5328338

I’m getting more into statement / cocktail rings lately - they’re lots of fun!

(Sorry, I tried to quote my post with the pictures attached but couldn’t figure out how to do it so you’ll have to click on the link above!)

Wow.. your rings are so awesome. I love the design of them. Very creative on your part. If you don't mind, I might get a ring 'inspired' by yours. They really draw one's attention to the gemstones.

Wow.. your rings are so awesome. I love the design of them. Very creative on your part. If you don't mind, I might get a ring 'inspired' by yours. They really draw one's attention to the gemstones.

Thank you! Please go ahead and show us when they’re finished!

To show the extreme other side of keshi from the stunning and huge Paspaley keshi necklace posted by @CMN here, I just received my custom keshi bracelet from the Pearl Paradise livestream with Pearl Exporting Company. I got one strand of the 2nd tier 1-1.5mm-ish keshis and had them make it into a 3 strand bracelet. I think this bracelet will be daily wear for me now! There's a ton of luster in person but of course that's hard to photograph.

1721445658235.png

To show the extreme other side of keshi from the stunning and huge Paspaley keshi necklace posted by @CMN here, I just received my custom keshi bracelet from the Pearl Paradise livestream with Pearl Exporting Company. I got one strand of the 2nd tier 1-1.5mm-ish keshis and had them make it into a 3 strand bracelet. I think this bracelet will be daily wear for me now! There's a ton of luster in person but of course that's hard to photograph.

1721445658235.png

This whole look is perfection. All that glorious texture between these pieces!

Welcomed our Australian Olympians home in Sydney, had to wear green and gold (added a photo of the Opera House) and excuse my 55 yld neck.
IMG_6129.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 9
Wearing my baroque multicolour SS strand today. I got lazy and didn’t take off the diamond pendant, and I’m liking the way they stack!

IMG_4649.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP