shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

cafelthsd

Rough_Rock
Not silly at all! I got the same vibe; super fun, casual and approachable with cute dog pics scattered throughout. I appreciate it since I grew up in a culture where pearls are viewed as sort of austere accoutrements to formal and curated uniforms; a bit stiff to be honest. (Picture your standard 18" strand with a cable crew neck sweater. )

I just wanted something I could toss on with sweats or dressier casual outfits and live life wearing!

And I loveee his blue akoyas! He has a strand that I am pining after but I must contain myself. What I like about his work and his eye for pearls is that you can almost see the creative process in the finished strand. There are little surprises here and there with the way each pearl complements the others. Weird evaluation, I know, but I'm in the art industry so things like this matter to me.

I am excited and happy for your fun necklace and earring set!

Thanks! I have been on a pearl kick - and just received a strand of baroque tahitians from Cees today so very excited for my Flower Jem order :) Thanks for sharing him with everyone.

cafelthsd

Rough_Rock
@Alybird I received my first package from Flower Jem today - which was perfect timing today is my birthday :)

I DID order *laughs* a strand of creamy pink pearls with him that he graciously did some test stringings in different colors to see what thread would look the best - I chose pink so that should come in the next few weeks.

Here is the necklace with blue knots and earrings. I have a comparison to a strand of freshwaters.

mynewstrandicm_fullxfull.png

Attachments

• earring IMG_5257.jpeg
    earring IMG_5257.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 21
  • sunshine IMG_5255.jpeg
    sunshine IMG_5255.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 21
  • detail IMG_5254.jpeg
    detail IMG_5254.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 21
  • against freshwaterIMG_5252.jpeg
    against freshwaterIMG_5252.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 22
  • teststrandsIMG_5168.png
    teststrandsIMG_5168.png
    490.8 KB · Views: 23

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Alybird I received my first package from Flower Jem today - which was perfect timing today is my birthday :)

I DID order *laughs* a strand of creamy pink pearls with him that he graciously did some test stringings in different colors to see what thread would look the best - I chose pink so that should come in the next few weeks.

Here is the necklace with blue knots and earrings. I have a comparison to a strand of freshwaters.

lovely
and also a very happy birthday to you

Alybird

Shiny_Rock

Happy Birthday!!

Oh to the M to the G. I saw that hot pink strand on IG today and my first thought was... what a fun pop-py princess strand! The bold pink really contrasts nicely with the delicate blush of the pearls.

Your silvery-blue strand is so pretty and goes well with your skin tone. That's one of my favorite hues of blue too, silvery and icy.

Thank you so much for sharing. Wear in good health. =)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
meanwhile at the other end of the pearl $$ scale ;-)
just picked my new Wen pearl strand fw 1/2 & 1/2 moss agate up from the jeweler after being knotted, he makes me a nice big clasp i can easerly do up that is worth its weight in gold -or rather in my case stirling silver :lol:
i'll snap a (usual bad quality) photo when the strand has loosened up a bit
the Wen pearls i think from memory were white potatoes
they have come up really nice if i do say so myself=)2
while i was in town i looked in the window of the main street family jewler and my pearls are every bit as nice as his luster wise

cafelthsd

Rough_Rock
Happy Birthday!!

Oh to the M to the G. I saw that hot pink strand on IG today and my first thought was... what a fun pop-py princess strand! The bold pink really contrasts nicely with the delicate blush of the pearls.

Your silvery-blue strand is so pretty and goes well with your skin tone. That's one of my favorite hues of blue too, silvery and icy.

Thank you so much for sharing. Wear in good health. =)

I LOVE the little differences in the colored threads - Of course now I want something with green thread *LOL*

I too love the silvery icy blue-- it makes me think of the ocean and where these little creatures live to produce such lovely things.

meanwhile at the other end of the pearl $$ scale ;-)
just picked my new Wen pearl strand fw 1/2 & 1/2 moss agate up from the jeweler after being knotted, he makes me a nice big clasp i can easerly do up that is worth its weight in gold -or rather in my case stirling silver :lol:
i'll snap a (usual bad quality) photo when the strand has loosened up a bit
the Wen pearls i think from memory were white potatoes
they have come up really nice if i do say so myself=)2
while i was in town i looked in the window of the main street family jewler and my pearls are every bit as nice as his luster wise

@Daisys and Diamonds What I truly love about pearls is that the prices are all across the board. I think the pink thread strand coming to me from Flower Jem is my most "pricy" strand - the rest of the pearls I own come in all flavors or price from freshwaters from an instagram seller that I found and liked, to a strand of tahitian baroques from Cees, to some very nice Edisons from the same instagram poster - I asked for some strands from Wen for Christmas so I can pracrice knotting myself. I know a lot of my pieces have various defects, but that doesnt make me love them less - in fact it makes me appreciate that unlike Gold or Diamonds we have living organic creatures producing these beautiful pieces - and how special to live in a time where we can harvest them and have reliable sources to appreciate.

Please do snap a photo and share!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the little differences in the colored threads - Of course now I want something with green thread *LOL*

I too love the silvery icy blue-- it makes me think of the ocean and where these little creatures live to produce such lovely things.

@Daisys and Diamonds What I truly love about pearls is that the prices are all across the board. I think the pink thread strand coming to me from Flower Jem is my most "pricy" strand - the rest of the pearls I own come in all flavors or price from freshwaters from an instagram seller that I found and liked, to a strand of tahitian baroques from Cees, to some very nice Edisons from the same instagram poster - I asked for some strands from Wen for Christmas so I can pracrice knotting myself. I know a lot of my pieces have various defects, but that doesnt make me love them less - in fact it makes me appreciate that unlike Gold or Diamonds we have living organic creatures producing these beautiful pieces - and how special to live in a time where we can harvest them and have reliable sources to appreciate.

may i ask a question about your Wen pearls
when they arrive have customs in your country opened the package
do they come with any paperwork from Wen
i love how they arrive within the week but are delayed a day here as my ones always come in a NZ post envolope with the pearls just in that -but but still in their protective wrap
do they not attach a customs sticker to their orders ? i cant tell ?
does NZ customs think im importing something illegal ????
every single time ....

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
Have been wearing the 9mm akoya necklace non-stop purchased from the jewellery show together with the 9mm ear studs from mikimoto.

From the photo, it seems that the ear studs shine better than the necklace. Not sure if it's the angle or the quality of the pearls.

afd529b0-91c2-4a20-bf11-d1664575fc34.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

and please do show us when you do some knotting
good luck

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wish I were wearing these........

with these.....

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my new 18kt Akoya and gemstone brooch/pendant.

Akoya Brooch Annie Case3.jpg

Akoya Brooch Annie Case7.jpg

Akoya Brooch Annie Case5.jpg

So pretty and perfect for Christmas and with your pearl necklace!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I wish I were wearing these........

with these.....

cheers--Sharon

tell me about it
1703656581159.jpeg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
So full disclosure. This is definitely not a fancy expensive pearl. It's just a little dyed black freshwater cultured pearl pendant. But I know Daisy will appreciate it with me anyway :D <3
@Daisys and Diamonds

I've been practicing restringing pearls and still failing badly at it once I have to attach the second clasp part. So I decided to try something different and glue a little peg bail thing into a half drilled pearl. This worked out marginally better for me. Not 100 percent because the pearl I loved was drilled just off centre of course! Very much my luck lol. So the bail doesn't sit perfectly. But it's good enough for me! Only looks janky if you have it up to your face. Maybe I'll have better luck next time I try to make another pendant since I'm interested in making earring drops and a second pendant with a similar bail thingy :D

Anyway picture lightly edited. Mostly to make sure my reflection is blurry lol and light is terrible as always. Ok terrible picture time xD
20240214_142436-02.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So full disclosure. This is definitely not a fancy expensive pearl. It's just a little dyed black freshwater cultured pearl pendant. But I know Daisy will appreciate it with me anyway :D <3
@Daisys and Diamonds

I've been practicing restringing pearls and still failing badly at it once I have to attach the second clasp part. So I decided to try something different and glue a little peg bail thing into a half drilled pearl. This worked out marginally better for me. Not 100 percent because the pearl I loved was drilled just off centre of course! Very much my luck lol. So the bail doesn't sit perfectly. But it's good enough for me! Only looks janky if you have it up to your face. Maybe I'll have better luck next time I try to make another pendant since I'm interested in making earring drops and a second pendant with a similar bail thingy :D

Anyway picture lightly edited. Mostly to make sure my reflection is blurry lol and light is terrible as always. Ok terrible picture time xD
20240214_142436-02.jpeg

i am very impressed
now, as you have told us about the drill hole being off center there is no need to tell anyone else, im sure it looks very impressive around our neck
well done
you are an inspiration :kiss2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
i am very impressed
now, as you have told us about the drill hole being off center there is no need to tell anyone else, im sure it looks very impressive around our neck
well done
you are an inspiration :kiss2:

Thank you ❤️ ❤️ You are always so kind! I hoped you would enjoy seeing it as much as I do :D Thankfully it does look nice on. Much nicer than the picture shows :D I am definitely rebitten by the pearl bug now xD ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was given a chance to buy this and ultimately had to give it up for my sister who has wanted one all her life.

IMG_1245.jpeg IMG_1247.jpeg IMG_1252.jpeg
that is indeed worthy of a life long dream
you are a very good sister
maybe she will let you borrow it ?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was given a chance to buy this and ultimately had to give it up for my sister who has wanted one all her life.

IMG_1245.jpeg IMG_1247.jpeg IMG_1252.jpeg

Oh what a wonderful sister you are to give that up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results