shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend snapped this terrible photo of me the other day but look at how great my pearls look IMG_0515.jpeg

Is it possible for you to take a terrible photo? I think not, plus your pearls are gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Looks like my mother lost her future Takahashi 8.5-9mm Gem Luster with minor flaw necklace to my mother in law (laugh). Fiancee didn’t want her mom to feel left out!

1695386271002.jpeg

Now I gotta add a new white strand to the 2024 to-do list for my mom. Prices better stop rising!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like my mother lost her future Takahashi 8.5-9mm Gem Luster with minor flaw necklace to my mother in law (laugh). Fiancee didn’t want her mom to feel left out!

1695386271002.jpeg

Now I gotta add a new white strand to the 2024 to-do list for my mom. Prices better stop rising!!!

Looks fabulous on her. Can I adopt you and become one of your Moms as well?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1695386271002.jpeg

Oooo are you going to go back to Asia in 2024 to get your moms strand? Haha I’m not optimistic about pricing but I’d love to go to the HK pearl show next year

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!

Thank you!

4FDE5FDF-C2F4-4CE2-B33A-CDE954E744DD-1024x1024.jpeg

The baroque necklace needed its own moment. This was purchased from someone who works with the pearl company as well as the pearl farmers in Japan. This is his image because I'm not great at photographing pearls.

The process for this necklace involved selecting 200 pearls with outstanding luster out of 30,000 pre-sorted pearls. The seller has videos and an article on his website detailing the entire process. I was captivated as soon as I saw it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

4FDE5FDF-C2F4-4CE2-B33A-CDE954E744DD-1024x1024.jpeg

The baroque necklace needed its own moment. This was purchased from someone who works with the pearl company as well as the pearl farmers in Japan. This is his image because I'm not great at photographing pearls.

The process for this necklace involved selecting 200 pearls with outstanding luster out of 30,000 pre-sorted pearls. The seller has videos and an article on his website detailing the entire process. I was captivated as soon as I saw it.

Can I ask the vendor? Its lovely!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Can I ask the vendor? Its lovely!

Of course!

The vendor is FlowerJem on Etsy & Insta. I purchased via PayPal from his website directly after reaching out.

Here is his blog post about this necklace -

I'm not sure if the other necklace made from this batch of pearls and strung with silver thread is still available. It seems to be sold out on Etsy but still available on his website. It had a bit more pink in it. I nearly bought both! It took a lot of willpower to walk away because I could imagine the second necklace as an extender but I am allocating funds for a gemmy Akoya strand and a pair of mabe earrings in the coming months.

I very much appreciated purchasing from him because he is so knowledgeable about pearls. Selling jewelry and providing exceptional pearl education is his hobby/passion gig. The seller mostly deals in blue Akoyas. He also works for a large pearl company and closely with the pearl farmers at his job. Also his knotting work is beyond nice.

These pearls feel ultra hefty. I think there's a video on his website in a later blog post where he compares the two top luster strands and it is literally ASMR pearl heaven.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Made a little pearl extender for my gold trombone chain to try out the at mixed metal and pearl look. Also so I could layer more easily
IMG_0687.jpeg

i love that
im having a moss agate and Wen pearl necklace knotted right now challening that kind of half and half look
i love all the extra length you have going on there

cafelthsd

Rough_Rock
Of course!

The vendor is FlowerJem on Etsy & Insta. I purchased via PayPal from his website directly after reaching out.

Here is his blog post about this necklace -

I'm not sure if the other necklace made from this batch of pearls and strung with silver thread is still available. It seems to be sold out on Etsy but still available on his website. It had a bit more pink in it. I nearly bought both! It took a lot of willpower to walk away because I could imagine the second necklace as an extender but I am allocating funds for a gemmy Akoya strand and a pair of mabe earrings in the coming months.

I very much appreciated purchasing from him because he is so knowledgeable about pearls. Selling jewelry and providing exceptional pearl education is his hobby/passion gig. The seller mostly deals in blue Akoyas. He also works for a large pearl company and closely with the pearl farmers at his job. Also his knotting work is beyond nice.

These pearls feel ultra hefty. I think there's a video on his website in a later blog post where he compares the two top luster strands and it is literally ASMR pearl heaven.

@Alybird Thank you for sharing! I ended up buying a strand from him today - I loved reading his blog and website

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
@Alybird Thank you for sharing! I ended up buying a strand from him today - I loved reading his blog and website

I'm so glad that the recommendation was useful! He was responsive and pleasure to work with and I love his blog too. Interesting, informative and amusing at times.

I hope you'll share what you got!! =)

cafelthsd

Rough_Rock
I'm so glad that the recommendation was useful! He was responsive and pleasure to work with and I love his blog too. Interesting, informative and amusing at times.

I hope you'll share what you got!! =)

I ended up getting one of the silvery blue baroque necklaces - I am also going to get a pair of earrings once he wakes up *laughs* He needed to go to bed as we were emailing.

Ironically I told him I much prefer the different color thread- I like to think I am younger than I am and it feels different and more youthful and playful. Honestly when I saw your post it sang to me and then I spent a few days reading through his site - and it reminded me of when you visit someone's home who cooks and embeds everyting they love about cooking and baking into their meal - where you can FEEL it.. sounds silly I know!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
I ended up getting one of the silvery blue baroque necklaces - I am also going to get a pair of earrings once he wakes up *laughs* He needed to go to bed as we were emailing.

Ironically I told him I much prefer the different color thread- I like to think I am younger than I am and it feels different and more youthful and playful. Honestly when I saw your post it sang to me and then I spent a few days reading through his site - and it reminded me of when you visit someone's home who cooks and embeds everyting they love about cooking and baking into their meal - where you can FEEL it.. sounds silly I know!

Not silly at all! I got the same vibe; super fun, casual and approachable with cute dog pics scattered throughout. I appreciate it since I grew up in a culture where pearls are viewed as sort of austere accoutrements to formal and curated uniforms; a bit stiff to be honest. (Picture your standard 18" strand with a cable crew neck sweater. )

I just wanted something I could toss on with sweats or dressier casual outfits and live life wearing!

And I loveee his blue akoyas! He has a strand that I am pining after but I must contain myself. What I like about his work and his eye for pearls is that you can almost see the creative process in the finished strand. There are little surprises here and there with the way each pearl complements the others. Weird evaluation, I know, but I'm in the art industry so things like this matter to me.

I am excited and happy for your fun necklace and earring set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results