shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Akoyas and baby south sea (I am in the passenger seat in case anyone is concerned!). 45371632-61E7-4CF7-9A5C-41924F891AFA.jpeg

That is a lovely look, both casual in how you styled it, yet sophisticated.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Reactions: CMN

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
They look great! I also love your shirt. Yay for rainbows. I just got rainbow laces for my black lace up combat boots and love them.

The blues look almost ombré in the photo!
Thanks, @MakingTheGrade! There are some pearls that are more saturated than others, but overall, IRL, the color is quite uniform. Some lights it's paler blue, other light, the blues are very blue.

:shock:Confession time: I have five strands of blue pearls, four of which are baroque Akoya, from 7-8mm, all the way up to the 10.5+ strand in the photo above (from Cees). In summer, I wear the smaller ones as a torsade and LOVE the look/feel of all. that. blue. goodness.!

Oooh those GSS are so pretty on you! I like the blue Akoya with the GSS. A happy combination.
Thank you, @MMtwo Blue and gold—a very happy combination, IMO! :bigsmile:

Those are beautiful blue baroques and they look to be a very nice size.
Good eye, @Lisa Loves Shiny! They're 10.5+, from Cees. They're quite lovely, bumpy, with different shades of blue, and some having pretty pink and green overtones. I used a deep turquoise thread to encourage the blueness. :dance:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Akoyas and baby south sea (I am in the passenger seat in case anyone is concerned!). 45371632-61E7-4CF7-9A5C-41924F891AFA.jpeg
Oooh, so pretty, @CMN! I have an "ancient" (for me, that is, LOL!) strand of natural, golden Akoya. That's the strand that started it all... They're 6-7mm and I haven't worn them in years. You're inspiring me to get 'em out!

LOL!, at your being in the passenger seat. :bigsmile: Pearl safety.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this strand exemplifies why Tahitians are known as "black" pearls. This is the darkest strand I own. I am wearing it today with a black T-shirt.

IMG_7992.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @MakingTheGrade! There are some pearls that are more saturated than others, but overall, IRL, the color is quite uniform. Some lights it's paler blue, other light, the blues are very blue.

:shock:Confession time: I have five strands of blue pearls, four of which are baroque Akoya, from 7-8mm, all the way up to the 10.5+ strand in the photo above (from Cees). In summer, I wear the smaller ones as a torsade and LOVE the look/feel of all. that. blue. goodness.!

Thank you, @MMtwo Blue and gold—a very happy combination, IMO! :bigsmile:

Good eye, @Lisa Loves Shiny! They're 10.5+, from Cees. They're quite lovely, bumpy, with different shades of blue, and some having pretty pink and green overtones. I used a deep turquoise thread to encourage the blueness. :dance:

Would it be ok if - when its confidant - to show us said 5 blue strands ? :appl: :appl: :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, so pretty, @CMN! I have an "ancient" (for me, that is, LOL!) strand of natural, golden Akoya. That's the strand that started it all... They're 6-7mm and I haven't worn them in years. You're inspiring me to get 'em out!

LOL!, at your being in the passenger seat. :bigsmile: Pearl safety.

Get them out !
Get them out!
Get them out! depositphotos_192074696-stock-photo-cute-little-girl-with-megaphone.jpg

(No pressure;)2)

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Would it be ok if - when its confidant - to show us said 5 blue strands ? :appl: :appl: :appl:
Here's a family shot from several years ago:
Top strand: Cees, Vietnamese Akoya, 10-10.5mm
2nd strand: 8.5-9mm Japanese Akoya (Rakuten vendor)
3rd strand: 8-9mm Japanese Akoya (Ocean Rhymes on Etsy)
4th strand: 7.5-8mm Japanese Akoya, from an Etsy vendor, yeeeears ago!

IMG_8711.JPG

There are different shades of blue and I really like wearing the smaller ones together!

Also wearing a "necklace" I made of Tahitian Keshi (Aloha Pearls on Etsy) with a large FW white pearl, and a lovely blue Tahitian pendant I bought in Hawaii many years ago.
IMG_8695.JPG

Studs are Akoya from I-don't-remember-where, LOL!
IMG_8700.JPG

Get them out !
Get them out!
Get them out!

(No pressure;)2)
ROTF!!! Hilarious! I have this same kind of patience. Wanna see 'em NOW!!! LOL!

Here's an old shot of the golden Akoya, with some super-cool vintage Russian studs! The studs have the weensiest hammer and sickle stamp on them, and the gold is a warm rosy color. The pearl (studs) are a lovely gold-tinged creamy white, and are 8mm.
IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_7977_b.JPG

pearl-earring.JPG

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that was a total thread-jack! Uhm, should have started a different thread. Apologies!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Here's a family shot from several years ago:
Top strand: Cees, Vietnamese Akoya, 10-10.5mm
2nd strand: 8.5-9mm Japanese Akoya (Rakuten vendor)
3rd strand: 8-9mm Japanese Akoya (Ocean Rhymes on Etsy)
4th strand: 7.5-8mm Japanese Akoya, from an Etsy vendor, yeeeears ago!

IMG_8711.JPG

There are different shades of blue and I really like wearing the smaller ones together!

Also wearing a "necklace" I made of Tahitian Keshi (Aloha Pearls on Etsy) with a large FW white pearl, and a lovely blue Tahitian pendant I bought in Hawaii many years ago.
IMG_8695.JPG

Studs are Akoya from I-don't-remember-where, LOL!
IMG_8700.JPG

ROTF!!! Hilarious! I have this same kind of patience. Wanna see 'em NOW!!! LOL!

Here's an old shot of the golden Akoya, with some super-cool vintage Russian studs! The studs have the weensiest hammer and sickle stamp on them, and the gold is a warm rosy color. The pearl (studs) are a lovely gold-tinged creamy white, and are 8mm.
IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_7977_b.JPG

pearl-earring.JPG
No way can you threadjack this thread! What awesome pearls! I love them all.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tahitian and WSS medley, doubled, and the lovely colors aren't cooperating in this light:

IMG_0705.jpg

That's a beautiful look. I find baroque white SS pearls to be so beautiful. I love the pairing of yours with colorful Tahitians.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results