shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My multicolour Tahitians. 7E0730A8-4216-45CB-8A87-06967CA50260.jpeg

Oh I love this! Very gorgeous and I like the contrast of lighter and darker pearls. I could stare at it all day.

@MakingTheGrade - Love your new strands and bracelet pearls. Great luster, interesting shapes, and beautiful colors.

@Daisys and Diamonds - Your earrings are so pretty. Beautiful shapes and design.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having my best friends over for dinner tonight. It will be casual. I am wearing a newly strung Apatite bead necklace with a pewter pendant and leftover Tahitian pearls along with a light cherry/green baroque Tahitian necklace.

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

LOVE!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh...the clashes of the cool and warm. I'm not sure the seasons always run exactly true. We're a mix of overtones and undertones.

Precisely! I had my colors done once, and the person told me that no way could I wear a coral color. Hmm. My cheeks had that coral color when I got a tan.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The heavy fw strand & was buttons. Comfort pearls. 20210202_130728.jpg

Yay I love the look of accent pearls on a white strand. Nice pop of color! Compliments the sweater too. Gold and purple are classic!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Me too! It was a Etsy Ocean Rhyme strand. I love her aesthetic.

Ooo. Their store has beautiful things! How do you like their pearls compared to ones from other vendors?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ooo. Their store has beautiful things! How do you like their pearls compared to ones from other vendors?
I've been very pleased. I have a GSS add a bead pendant to wear with the Moline studs I adore. It's not an exact match - Andrew's pearls are more saturated gold, but they are a nice compliment together.
iap_640x640.2767008258_rbq28bcz.jpg

I bought Mom a butterfly enamel pendant with a pearl. My Mom (83 years old) is adorable in her love of bright colors and happy things. I have not seen this in person yet, but Mom was so tickled and said it was well made.
il_1588xN.1555501695_aasj.jpg

and this chonky FW necklace. The large focus pearl is detachable.
il_1588xN.2296963170_bgzt.jpg

So far I am three for three happy.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I read on a thread last night someone complimenting your glasses and how they work well the gold pearls
I totally agree

Thank you Daisys and Diamonds! I just tried that (the gold and gold) the other day and am having fun with them. I buy lots of glasses very inexpensively through Zenni (and Costco optical). This gives me choices in being an eccentric old lady with weird glasses. I am sure it will only get worse as I get older.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Daisys and Diamonds! I just tried that (the gold and gold) the other day and am having fun with them. I buy lots of glasses very inexpensively through Zenni (and Costco optical). This gives me choices in being an eccentric old lady with weird glasses. I am sure it will only get worse as I get older.
Eccentric is really just a different kind of fun :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Eccentric is really just a different kind of fun :)

I'm 55 and there comes a time in a woman's life where she can be fun, she can be eccentric . Growing old and so on. I'm going to be wearing pearls, weird glasses and having a ball. We do what we can with what we have!

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool look! What is on the pendant?

Shale is modeling my pearls today!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been very pleased. I have a GSS add a bead pendant to wear with the Moline studs I adore. It's not an exact match - Andrew's pearls are more saturated gold, but they are a nice compliment together.
iap_640x640.2767008258_rbq28bcz.jpg

I bought Mom a butterfly enamel pendant with a pearl. My Mom (83 years old) is adorable in her love of bright colors and happy things. I have not seen this in person yet, but Mom was so tickled and said it was well made.
il_1588xN.1555501695_aasj.jpg

and this chonky FW necklace. The large focus pearl is detachable.
il_1588xN.2296963170_bgzt.jpg

So far I am three for three happy.

I love the butterfly!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Indirect light, GSS studs (Andrew), and baroque blue Akoya (Cees) in house-cleaning gear.

IMG_0703-2.jpg

Oooh those GSS are so pretty on you! I like the blue Akoya with the GSS. A happy combination.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug - Those are beautiful blue baroques and they look to be a very nice size.

@MakingTheGrade - Then pendant is of the Haserot Angel. My baby brother and I love this sculpture. It speaks to us. In person it is even more impressive.

@lissyflo -Thank You! To answer your question yes and no. These are the most color shifting FW pearls I own. They change from silver lilac to rose. Both are beautiful colors and I can't decide which I love better. I bought them from Kong's pearls and described the color shift in my review.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results