shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having my best friends over for dinner tonight. It will be casual. I am wearing a newly strung Apatite bead necklace with a pewter pendant and leftover Tahitian pearls along with a light cherry/green baroque Tahitian necklace.

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

Very cool!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Used the rest of my tiny gem akoyas to make a bracelet with some 14k gold beads. Gonna use it for stacking!

Edit: I may just sleep and shower in this even though I know I shouldn’t cause it’s bad for the pearls. It’s just so light and comfy and pretty. But we can see how long it takes for them to deteriorate for science haha.
29467E94-A3B2-4E2B-8CF1-8C858C9805E3.jpeg B6F41231-F135-4102-A60E-D103A451FC43.jpeg

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Used the rest of my tiny gem akoyas to make a bracelet with some 14k gold beads. Gonna use it for stacking!

Edit: I may just sleep and shower in this even though I know I shouldn’t cause it’s bad for the pearls. It’s just so light and comfy and pretty. But we can see how long it takes for them to deteriorate for science haha.
29467E94-A3B2-4E2B-8CF1-8C858C9805E3.jpeg B6F41231-F135-4102-A60E-D103A451FC43.jpeg

This is so pretty. I love the use of gold beads with the Akoya pearls.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo I’m curious about ripples. How do you like the texture?

I like the texture on these because although the pearls have wrinkles, the luster is consistent on each pearl. I don't care for ripples that have a mixture of shiny and dull areas. For example, where the top surface is shiny but inside the crevices and whorls there is no shine.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having my best friends over for dinner tonight. It will be casual. I am wearing a newly strung Apatite bead necklace with a pewter pendant and leftover Tahitian pearls along with a light cherry/green baroque Tahitian necklace.

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

Only on this forum would someone mention “ leftover Tahitian pearls” lol. Gotta live this site!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You're still on the gold earrings & I'm still sitting here in awe of your coloring + complexion! Gorgeous gorgeous gal!

Thank you! That is very kind of you to say. I went grey this year and the change in hair color has made me experiment more. I was always classified as a winter type, but now I'm thinking maybe not. I thank rosacea for the pink cheeks.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! That is very kind of you to say. I went grey this year and the change in hair color has made me experiment more. I was always classified as a winter type, but now I'm thinking maybe not. I thank rosacea for the pink cheeks.

I've always had huge crushes on the British rugby boys with chocolate brown or creme brown hair with rosacea and height on their side! Woot woot!
I'd say you are spring but you could be light winter as well!

Those were always so hard for me because my complexion has confusing attributes that go against eachother. Yellow toned pale skin, ashy brown hair, green brown hazel eyes- but I finally decided that I'm a warm autumn haha

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've always had huge crushes on the British rugby boys with chocolate brown or creme brown hair with rosacea and height on their side! Woot woot!

Those were always so hard for me because my complexion has confusing attributes that go against eachother. Yellow toned pale skin, ashy brown hair, green brown hazel eyes- but I finally decided that I'm a warm autumn haha

Ahhh...the clashes of the cool and warm. I'm not sure the seasons always run exactly true. We're a mix of overtones and undertones.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

My smilies are still on the blink
But what's wrong with these guys !
All-Blacks__FocusFillWzc4NSw3MDAsIngiLDc5XQ.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are Mall jewler dyed freshies but my late elderly FIL gave them to me for my birthday just after Gary's mum had died
I suspect Gary's sister helped but it would be the first birthday present he would have had to worry about in a very long time
I did not exspect anything and im pretty sure i cried
Gary's mum's passing was sudden and unexpected

Anyway ive got 5 peircings in - will get the 6th in tomorrow
Just noticed all my silver earings need polishing - i think we have ever so slightly mildly volcanic air here and silver hates it

Excuse weird neck fat bulge - i think i was sucking in my double chin and it popped out the back
20210201_211033.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha daisy you are too funny!

So I’m on day 1 of not taking off my little akoya bracelet. Gonna compare it with my choker made of the same pearls every month or so to see how damage accumulates. For science!:lol::lol:

So today it’s stacked with my Tahitian circles.
8A017501-DFF2-4FBE-8CA2-F94B607E195A.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

So I’m on day 1 of not taking off my little akoya bracelet. Gonna compare it with my choker made of the same pearls every month or so to see how damage accumulates. For science!:lol::lol:

For Science!
Did you make the Tahitian bracelet? If so, you have excellent skills. I would not be surprised if you did.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love that overall look going on their @MakingTheGrade
Those baby pearls are very noble taking part in this experiment
I'm hoping they might surprise us with a bit more durability than expected
I wonder what will effect them first?
Wear and tear being on the wrist?
Or soap and shampoo etc
I wore mum's earings in the shower twice last week but i didn't wash my hair
i thought they might enjoy being back in the water
Then i remembered we have hard water so i best not do it again

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks it’s frustrating because I cant photograph the colors well at all. Also I ended up not needing 11 of the blue akoya so made a bracelet.

CBD07D86-25D9-446D-92C1-394E58D79557.jpeg
Did you try in the shadows with a light source behind you?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try in the shadows with a light source behind you?

I’ll have to wait until day light as all my indoor light is overhead lol

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I’ll have to wait until day light as all my indoor light is overhead lol

Overhead ;ight does not love pearls :) If your pearls look like that in harsh light...wow! They'll be amazing! I'm excited to see your next project!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results