shape
carat
color
clarity

Well I just bought a pair of OECs

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got back from the appraiser - he thinks they are both over 1.2 cts (I forget the exact sizes he said), I and J, Vs1 or maybe cleaner (of course minus the little chips I already knew about), and that the stuff I keep seeing that I thought was inclusions is just dirt, like @dreamer_dachsie was saying. He didn’t see anything that made him think there was anything hiding under a prong, but of course you can’t be entirely certain without unmounting them. So that’s all very good and better than expected.

In some ways I’ve had kind of a tough week so this was good news and I have cut the funny must-keep-on-to-return tag off and put it on a chain and am wearing it. It doesn’t go with my plaid shirt at all but we’re rolling with it.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
Just got back from the appraiser - he thinks they are both over 1.2 cts (I forget the exact sizes he said), I and J, Vs1 or maybe cleaner (of course minus the little chips I already knew about), and that the stuff I keep seeing that I thought was inclusions is just dirt, like @dreamer_dachsie was saying. He didn’t see anything that made him think there was anything hiding under a prong, but of course you can’t be entirely certain without unmounting them. So that’s all very good and better than expected.

In some ways I’ve had kind of a tough week so this was good news and I have cut the funny must-keep-on-to-return tag off and put it on a chain and am wearing it. It doesn’t go with my plaid shirt at all but we’re rolling with it.
I’m sorry about your tough week and hope things are better, and yay for offing the tag - they are gorgeous! Btw some milgrain on that pendant could talk me into wearing it ...

edited to say, witty the appraiser’s specs and new pics, I think you got a great deal!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need photos, plaid shirt and all.
I didn’t take any that day but got a few today. Not wearing diamonds often, I was very surprised by just HOW oily it got after several hours of wear when it was directly on my skin. The current setting is VERY flippy and turns back and forth when I walk - if I had a chain like a snake chain that isn’t so bendy maybe that wouldn’t happen. The fronts of the diamonds were smeared with oil which is crazy because I don’t think of my chest as oily? It’s not so bad when I wear rings, but then I usually put them on and then don’t touch them.

I wore a constellation shirt because it kind of went with the pendant theme...

3D033ED7-ACC6-4195-9BF6-8067761F2948.jpeg

5E1FEA41-03AD-4B6B-BA80-E4EFEC5F89F8.jpeg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, the scale is great. And great news on the appraisal, I too think it's a great deal for what you got (but I already thought that based on the cuts and matching alone).

You were asking about what a two stone pendant could look like. I like the way its set, but maybe a little adaptation (caveat that I personally like larger scale pieces). Maybe a turning it on a different angle would decrease the flipping.

playing.jpg

playing2.jpg

Or even something like this

playing3.jpg

(ok, that last one is a joke... I couldn't resist.)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dreamer_dachsie haha - yes, one of my concerns coming up with twin-stone pendants was a lot of what I was doodling looked essentially like TruckNutz, The Necklace. :errrr::lol:

I kind of like the idea of putting them both in an infinity symbol. I also have a .65 and .3 OEC with similar faceting patterns that could be incorporated... but I'd like something mostly horizontal bc it'll be on a 14" chain and I like it to be small enough to not go over the neck of tshirts, etc.

Wild daydreaming... it would be a couple of years before I had the funds for this but they could be side-stones of a mega three-stone ring with something like the OEC mayk is selling:

Or I could find a very large sapphire or something and they could be side stones to that. I'd wear a colored stone ring more anyway.

Rfisher

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mega CS three stone . Yowza - yes!

TruckNutz the necklace - hahaha!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean, if it was ME... and I wish it was lol... I would keep them in the current setting and just play around with the chains to make it sit the way I want (either by getting a different chain or experimenting with fixing the chain to either end of the crescent to make it more horizontal)... then I'd save up and make a monster three stone like you describe, either with a colored gem or another diamond. Just basically, these beauties have so many possibilities. Victoriam three stones actually more commonly have three stone of very similar size. So you wouldn't need a huge center at all. You could look for something just a little bigger, in the 1.5-2.0 ct range (diamond size I mean, or similar size gem). It would be spectacular.

How do they look next to the sapphire in the e-ring? :devil:

TheGarnetGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I spit out my coffee at "TruckNutz" but some went up through my nose and now it burns!

Darn you guys!

You ladies are somethin' else in the best possible way!

& aghhhhh shes right...the possibilities man! Personally I would make one hell of a toi et moi ring!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.