shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th April till 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And A Super Happy Tuesday to Everyone!!

Gail, so sorry to hear about your house selling woes. It's the pits selling a house. I guess in our case, our place NOT selling in Tampa was a blessing in disguise. We have such a wonderful home to go back to. I'm sure your place will sell, just remember, it's a buyers market these days and that usually means a longer selling cycle.

Good for you remembering how good exercise can be for Appletini!! Sometimes great gains can be made after taking a break from working out.

Careful with the Chinese food there Kimberly. I used to believe it was healthier fare, until I saw on the news how high in calories, fat and sodium standard dishes like General Tso's Chicken is. And to think we used to have food like that at least twice a week. Somehow when we joined the gym and started eating healtier, our tastebuds changed and we no longer enjoyed most of the chinese foods we used to enjoy.

We shipped 14 LARGE boxes of clothes, shoes and assorted crap back to Tampa this morning. It cost over $500 to ship the stuff, which I guess isn't too bad and all the boxes are supposed to be waiting for us at our front door when we get home late Thursday night. WOO HOO!!

I think we're both pretty excited to be heading to our beautiful home on the bay. I can't tell you how much I've missed watching my fabulous 50" High Def Plasma system that I had installed just before moving away. I spent nearly $25K on a state-of-the-art system for our new home in Tampa, to wind up watching a crappy 20 inch basic color television in this crappy apartment in Raleigh. There are so many things I had put in the back of my mind, like our top of the line Tempurpedic mattress, our beautiful granite and custom cabinets, the breakfast bar and the 'uber' cool pendant lights hanging over it. And the view. Oh that view of Tampa Bay and the sail boats and cruise ships passing by. I'm not sure whatever possessed me to consider leaving our home in the first place. I just need to find a job, so I can find a way to continue paying for such a glorious lifestyle. Send some PS Fairy Dust my way on that one, won't you??

After shipping the boxes, I went to the gym and had a fantastic workout. Nothing miraculous or anything, but a solid workout none-the-less. If time permits, I'm planning on one more workout tomorrow. Then, the next time we're in a gym, it will be OUR gym from Tampa, where the transformation began, where our trainer is, who doesn't know we're coming home and I just can't wait!!

Sorry for going on and on with excitement. I realize now how unhappy I've been away from home and feel so super lucky to be heading where my heart is.

I hope you all had a great day today and are looking forward to an even better tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, somebody talk me down off the fence please.

I was all ready to work out tonight but I had been having my chest discomfort intermittantly all day today. I though, WHAT is wrong with me? So I did the logical thing--I turned to the internet. I found all these sits that talk about angina, and the kicker is that they also reference teeth/jaw pain. For the past few days my lower teeth have just been killing me. I assumed it was a sinus infection coming on because some teeth discomfort is usually my first symptom, but not I find it is also a symptom of angina.

There are also several kinds of angina, my symptoms seem to point to the "unstable" kind, which could be the precurser to a heart attack.

Now seriously... I''m 36 years old, not a smoker, I eat *realtively* well, I''ve been working out now for four months, and I don''t have any heart disease history in my family.

My plan is of course to call the doctor first thing in the morning, but you don''t really think I''m having a heart attack, do you? (My teeth don''t really hurt at the moment; it''s worse in the morning and seems to get better as the day goes on.)

And here is the stupidest thing--my insurance is a bit screwed up right now. I have the world''s worst insurance at my current job so when the HH moved over to his new company we got family coverage so I could be on the better insurance. Well, my office manager hasn''t cancelled my existing insurance yet so I think it won''t terminate until May 1, which means the bad coverage is still my primary insurance. No, I do not care about the MONEY, I care about the HASSLE that I''m sure will ensue when I end up having to go through the nightmare of having more than one insurance coverage at the same time. I just know this is going to be a disaster if I have to go in for more tests...

Argh!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, the chances are stacked against you having a heart attack. But, your instinct to see your doctor right away is a good one. You''ve been having something going on with chest pain and you need to get to the bottom of it. But, I seriously doubt you''re having the pre-curser to a heart attack. And, the internet is a great tool, but it can be a nightmare too. With so much information available, we are able to "self-diagnose" ourselves all the time, and sometimes a little knowledge can be a BAD thing.
So, dear DeeJay, calm yourself and realize that the best thing you can do is see your doctor and go through whatever tests necessary to put your mind to rest and know what is causing the ongoing chest pains once and for all. But don''t assume you have Angina, or are heading to a heart attack.

I don''t know if I helped you in any way. Knowing something''s not right, but not knowing exactly what it is can be the worst and most frightening thing in the world. Take a deep breath, drink a couple glasses of Heart Healthy Red Wine, eat some Heart Healthy dark chocolate, get a goods night sleep and see your doctor first thing.

We''ll all be anxious for you to check in with us and let us know how you''re doing.

Your friend among many..........Rod

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod -- THANK YOU SO MUCH! I feel like such a goofball even posting this, but seriously, reading right down the list of symptoms I''m like, OMG that''s everything that''s going on with me!

OK. Deep breath. I think I WILL go open a bottle of wine. And I am going to take an asprin too, LOL, just in case...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,
I doubt you have angina, but best to be safe and have your doc check you in the morning. This has gone on for quite a while, ( I don''t post here much but do read) and feel maybe it''s time to see a cardiologist. Just to be on the safe side. I know if I were you I''d want to get to the bottom of this baffeling chest pain. I''m sure you''ll be just fine!! And the internet is good, but sheesh if you read enough it can scare the heck out of you!!!

Rod,
Have a great trip back to Tampa!!!
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take an 81 mg aspirin every day. I do and while I''m much older, everything I''ve read says it''s a good thing to do daily. Relax and enjoy that wine!! Hugs and best wishes your way DeeJay.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2007 8:33:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh
DeeJay,
I doubt you have angina, but best to be safe and have your doc check you in the morning. This has gone on for quite a while, ( I don't post here much but do read) and feel maybe it's time to see a cardiologist. Just to be on the safe side. I know if I were you I'd want to get to the bottom of this baffeling chest pain. I'm sure you'll be just fine!! And the internet is good, but sheesh if you read enough it can scare the heck out of you!!!

Rod,
Have a great trip back to Tampa!!!
1.gif
Nice to see you here Lisa!! Thanks for the good wishes. Taking the computer down tomorrow, so after that, the next time anyone reads a post from Rod, it will be back in Tampa. YAY YAY YAY!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, in my cacoon of chest-pain induced self-absorption I forgot to say how happy I am for you and Charlie as the time gets closer and closer for you to go home!
36.gif
Your posts lately are so filled with enthusiasm that I just love to read about you going back to Tampa!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2007 8:46:39 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Rod, in my cacoon of chest-pain induced self-absorption I forgot to say how happy I am for you and Charlie as the time gets closer and closer for you to go home!
36.gif
Your posts lately are so filled with enthusiasm that I just love to read about you going back to Tampa!
Oh Thank You DeeJay!!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Gail and MrsSalvo- I feel your pain!!! We''ve had my bf''s place on the market since the beginning of January. It''s in a GREAT location in Pittsburgh, is priced well, and has had practically everything re-done since he''s owned it (kitchen, bathrooms, carpet, appliances, etc). We''re probably just gonna end up renting it out for a year because 5 other units in his complex just came on the market as well (there''s only about 40 total I think), so the chances of selling it are extremely slim unless there''s some sort of miracle! The downside is that when we buy a place next spring, we probably won''t have sold his old one yet, so we won''t have the equity to use for a downpayment on the new place... but, such is life and we''re planning accordingly and making sure to save up a lot of the downpayment just in case... Good luck to both of you and to Rod on finding a job - sending PS Fairy dust your way!!!

On the fitness front, I''ve been doing really well. Went to the gym last night for a 1 hr Pilates class. The instructor kicked our butts so hard last night! I was sore this morning, but in a good way. Then, I did about 25 mins of cardio on a few different machines because I just kept getting bored - I had meant to do the cardio before the Pilates class, so I think part of it was that it was 8pm and I was ready for dinner! For food, I''ve been pretty standard. Oatmeal for breakfast. Sandwich with wheat bread, turkey, cheese, light mayo and mustard for lunch along with a handful of baby carrots and some form of canned fruit - individual size. Then, for dinners, grilled chicken, rice and vegetable (broccoli or snap peas).

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi dj! i too think you need to get the doc''s confirmation that everything is ok. but in the mean time i think you may take some comfort that maybe there is another explanation for your symptoms. i have read that you are working two jobs, insane hours getting some kind of report out and keeping up with exercise and social obligations. i think you may be stressed out and suffering from fatigue.

this is just an observation from a far in an attempt to "talk you down" as you said. the teeth may be the sinus infection you mentioned or the result of clenching due to stress. only something to think about until you consult your physcian. i hope the doc makes it all better!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I''m popping in here quick to say I hope you start feeling better soon and get your butt to the doctor! Don''t worry about carrying both insurance policies right now. There''s no reason you can''t just use HH''s instead of your current policy, and in fact you might benefit somewhat from having two policies, as there are some cases where one company picks up what the other didn''t pay. Is there a benefits person at your company you can ask, or can you call your insurance company directly and inquire? It honestly shouldn''t end up being that much of a hassle, please don''t worry yourself over insurance details, especially when costs are not a major concern.

I agree with Rod, though, have an aspirin, a glass of red wine, and a piece of dark chocolate, and maybe just keep your heart rate lower than the fat burning zone you''ve been doing, I am no expert but it doesn''t seem that a fair to moderate amount of exercise will cause angina, in fact it may calm/de-stress you a bit. (I''m talking walking at a somewhat easy pace on the treadmill here, just to be moving around.) Good luck, and keep us posted. I know it''s difficult not to freak out about it, but I bet you''ll feel better once you get to a doctor and have some tests run at least.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
DJ- I''m sure that glass of wine will help with your jitters- for now, but I think you''ll feel better once you''ve seen your Dr. I recall from my "lurking" days that your chest pain happened often, but would go away after you rested a bit.

Rod- Your excitement over heading back to Tampa is so contagous- I''ve have a hectic travel day and I''m in a good mood just from reading your posts! Good luck on your journey home.

Mara- No worries about tomorrow. It''s a super-fast trip for me and it''s a jam-packed one. At least the hotel here in Scotts Valley is nice (with a FREE business center!) I make it up to the Bay Area at least every quarter although I usually just go to the city. But I''ve got friends in San Mateo, Cupertino and Los Gatos and try to make it down to see them. I''ll hit you up next time!

My eating today has been good so far, and we''re having sushi for dinner so I''m hopeful that I can keep it to a low-cal day.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey gang! I had a great workout today and then a planned indulgence - two slices of thin crust veggie pizza, with salad. I ate light all day anticipating the pizza!

So, if you know you are going to eat a big (or fattening) dinner, is it better to eat normally throughout to day to keep your metabolism up - OR - eat light throughout the day so that your total calorie count comes out right?

I''m not sure! I don''t want to be in "Starvation mode" all day and end up worse off than if I had eaten normally. Several of my friends commented that I seem to eat so little sometimes, they wonder if I might be in "starvation mode." But I really think I have super slow metabolism and just need to eat less than most people. The only times I''ve successfully lost weight have been while eating very light and exercising a ton. I think my basal metabolic rate is just SLOW. A typical day for me is oatmeal or whole wheat toast and fruit for breakfast, a turkey sandwich on wheat with an apple or some berries for lunch (or a veggie/bean soup), string cheese for a snack, and then fish or chicken or tofu and veggies for dinner perhaps with a small side of pasta or brown rice or a roll. Sometimes for dinner I will make something vegetarian like healthy mex with black beans and grilled veggies, or at-home vegetarian sushi. Then about 2-3 times a week we eat out and I usually make healthy choices but of course restaurant food is worse for you than cooking at home. And of course I do indulge from time to time. I offered to bring the cake to a baby shower this weekend and it is going to be SO GOOD, I will definitely have a small piece! (hopefully small!)

Thanks all for the fairy dust w/ the house. We did have another showing today (no idea how it went) so at least some progress.

Does anyone know why the market is so slow? Interest rates are higher than they were a few years ago, but still low historically. I know a few parts of the country have had a bubble, but not where I am!

MrsSalvo and Becky, I hope your houses sell quickly too!

Rod, good luck with the move! I know you are ecstatic to return home. I hope all your boxes are waiting for you when you arrive!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gail, I think one of the biggest reasons the market is so slow is the MEDIA. Like you said, Interest rates are still good, unemployment is low and the economy is growing at a reasonable rate. But every single day the media either on TV, or in the paper talks about the "Housing Bust." People are spooked from buying homes and they keep drilling it into us that property is likely to lose value today, not appreciate like it was during the boom. I truly believe the media has a strong influence on the housing market and this time, they''re helping it decline. JMHO. In our case, having a bad market in Tampa worked to our advantage. I''m not sure what we would have done had our condo sold and I left my new job in Raleigh. I guess we would have still gone home to Tampa and bought something else, but we don''t have to worry about that right now anyway.

Sorry for the negative response. Maybe my observation is wrong, but I''m truly tired of reading and hearing how bad the housing economy is every single day.
29.gif
38.gif

Thanks to you and Chargergirl for the good wishes on our move home!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ...DEFINITELY see a doctor right away! I have read a bunch of articles recently in health magazines about how dangerous heart attacks are for women. How many of them have symptoms for weeks or months ahead of time (I think things like chest and stomach pain and also headaches as well I think), but don't really put two and two together about it being a precursor to a heart attack because so many of the symptoms seem harmless, and how so many more women die from them than men because they aren't prepared and don't recognize the signs. So get into the doctor right away. You do not want to take a chance with something like that. I don't want to make you paranoid, but I would not take a chance...after I read those articles I almost was tempted to just get checked out since I had that stomach pain and sometimes western medicine is hit or miss with finding real causes to things.

Gail since you mentioned it, sometimes with what you post about your calorie counts I sometimes wonder a little if you don't eat enough. I know you have said you have a super slow metabolism but did you get that tested or have you seen a doctor about that? I don't recall...but just make sure you are eating enough with your workouts. Because your metabolism can slow down if you are not eating enough. That is a side effect of your body not getting enough food. And obviously that's not what you want...so you might want to try eating more for a week or two (add in more healthy stuff) and see if that does anything...I don't know if you have experimented with it very much. In terms of eating, if I know I am having a big dinner I tend to eat a little less all day long to make up for it. But if I work out I try to make sure I get the right types of food in that day.

Regarding the whole housing market...I think a lot of it is paranoia about higher interest rates and a possible downturn. We are in a bubble area and things are kind of slow around here too, BUT the interesting thing is that some houses ARE still selling very quickly and at their asking prices or more around here. For example, one house on this street near us has been up for sale for about a year. Yep a year...and their price I think is too high. But they haven't lowered it. It also doesn't have a remodeled kitchen and some other rooms need work. About a month ago 3 houses down a cute house went up for sale, totally remodeled, and like 40k more than the other house. Both right under about a million. Sale pending in a week and a half and entirely sold 2 weeks later. I have seen similar things happening around here...some things are selling fast and others are just languishing. People are becoming more picky in this market, and are willing to 'settle' for less and are wanting to make their dollar count for more. Kinda interesting. Our townhouse seems to have held it's value quite well so if we do want to stay around here, now or soon would be a great time for us to 'upgrade' if we decide we want to. But we're kinda lazy and like our place and our life the way it is right now...so we're kind of just hanging out right now.

Anyhow, back on the workout track...I am having a really hard time at work with all these sweets and treats around !! It's been so long since I have been in a larger company with so many people that I forgot just how many snacks and stuff people keep around the offices!! My boss has a huge bag of chocolate malted eggs and I LOVE those. Also my coworker has a bunch of cookies and chocolate pretzels and stuff in her cube right next to mine, and out on the aisle too. Ugh! I swear sometimes my self control just deserts me. So I really need to get it together and curb the snacking! I brought fruit and stuff today and I ate the fruit and the chocolate too. HAH. And I know I am maintaining so it's okay to splurge sometimes but really I don't want to fall into bad habits.

So went to the gym after work and did 60 minutes on the elliptical and then 15 minutes on the treadmill on an incline and then 15 minutes of arm weights. Total was about 700 cals burned, yay! My goal was 650 total. So hopefully that makes up a bit for my malted chocolate eggs today lol. I have been such a chocolate whore lately!

Tomorrow we are going to dinner with our neighbors out to some German restaurant...I'm not a huge fan but plan to have a polish sausage and some fries or something...so not super healthy but at least I don't drink beer hehee. I am going to the gym after work (after a drink most likely with the team who is going to dinner, but we already had these dinner plans and I hate flaking) for whatever kind of quick workout I can get in, aka 45 min, then rushing home to shower/change etc to be ready by 8pm. Definitely a busy life now...today I got home at 8pm. Dinner was parmesan gnocchi with tomato cream sauce and then the leftover of the glazed carrots from Sunday. I love that the parm gnocchi with tomato cream is only about 170 cals per serving (I split it into 3 and Greg gets 2) and it's so filling because it's pasta and potato. We have chocolate around the house thanks to Easter...and I also have two cookies left from the weekend jaunt to the coast, chocolate chip with pecan, yum. But I don't know that I want anything really....I feel like I might have indulged enough today! I also have a few 60 cal chocolate fudge and dulce de leche pudding cups so we'll see, maybe one of those would work.

CG...definitely next time you are in town let's try to hook up for dinner or coffee or something! Sounds like everyone is doing really well, kudos...!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock

Gail sometimes with what you post about your calorie counts I sometimes wonder a little if you don''t eat enough. I know you have said you have a super slow metabolism but did you get that tested or have you seen a doctor about that? I don''t recall...but just make sure you are eating enough with your workouts. Because your metabolism can slow down if you are not eating enough. That is a side effect of your body not getting enough food. And obviously that''s not what you want...so you might want to try eating more for a week or two (add in more healthy stuff) and see if that does anything...I don''t know if you have experimented with it very much. In terms of eating, if I know I am having a big dinner I tend to eat a little less all day long to make up for it. But if I work out I try to make sure I get the right types of food in that day.

Mara,
I wish I had a better picture of what in the world my metabolism is doing. I did see a doctor for a full round of blood tests for hormones and a while later I saw an endocrinologist and both pronounced me fully healthy. However, when I eat the amount of calories recommended for my height (5''9) and weight, I gain! I have to eat like a dieter just to maintain. I worked with a nutritionist last year. At that time I was about 45 pounds overweight and we started me at 1800 cals a day and cut back and back to 1400 a day and I was not losing at all. It was really frustrating (and expensive!) so I stopped going to her. I have finally made a bit of progress on my own, have lost 15-20 lbs in the past year! I am hungry a lot of the time. I am always training for endurance events (triathlons, half marathons) and I feel like I don''t eat enough some of the time. I''m not super exact with my cal counts, but it seems like I am around 1500 during the week, sometimes less, and more like 2000 on the weekends because of eating out more. When I eat more, I gain weight. I''m still a good 20-25 pounds overweight and I have done 4 triathlons and 2 half marathons (and lots of training for each) within the last year. I work out religiously at least 5 times a week. I NEVER take a week off of the gym. NEVER. Probably not for the past 10 years. Since the doctor''s tests didn''t find anything wrong, I just have to conclude that my metabolism is ridiculously slow. In fact, the times when I actually do lose weight usually coincide with times when I am stressed out, drinking caffeine, and not getting enough sleep. The healthy weight loss techniques that I try to employ all the time just help me to maintain, not lose.

Most people who spend time with me (husband, close friends) cannot believe what a strict eating and exercise regime that I keep up and that I am still overweight. I do indulge every now and then like I said, eating out a few meals a week and enjoying a good dessert maybe once a week or every other week. Life is too short to give up everything!!

It really upsets me to hear some people''s attitudes towards overweight people. (Not people on PS - just in general). Some people got to be overweight from poor choices, to be sure. However, I am positive some people got there through bad luck, bad genes, other reasons not entirely in their control. It is not as easy as some people think to lose weight!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually gail your post reminded me of something i read recently. it was an article on how genes are to blame sometimes...especially when it comes to how easily one gains or loses weight. this article was saying that researchers are finally starting to pinpoint on how to figure out how to test people's genes to figure out what type of diet they should be on to lose weight. there are a few diff types of genes i guess, and depending on what type of genes you have or display, that determines what diet you should be on in order to lose or maintain etc. i guess they had diff types of diets for people depending on their genes...low-fat, low-carb, low-cal, and some other blended ones. it was pretty interesting...you might want to google some information on it because apparently you can pay to get your genes tested and get a 'plan' specialized for you kinda thing. but it's not like a regular dietician kinda thing. it's gene testing specific. but apparently there are also kind of random places which are not that reputable and will be like 'oh eat low-fat low cal and you will lose' and it's like 'DOH but that isn't working'....so you need to find the right type of place. unfortunately i don't recall that much from the article, just that they were saying that it's not one size fits all and that if you do get tested and are able to pinpoint the data then you might have more success than just randomly trying different things.

reading your post i can't help but think that it sounds depressing that you are hungry a lot of the time and still can't lose weight!! have you considered maybe you are just supposed to be where you are at, you sound incredibly fit and healthy with your workout schedule, eating and also your triathalons etc. weight is not the end all to be all, and i know it may be like 'well mara, it's easy for you to say' since i met my goal with counting cals and working out, but i love life and food and i think if i was faced with some dreary next 10-30 years watching every morsel i ate just to maintain and not having things i loved, i'd be sad. sometimes i think i should loosen up a bit and enjoy MORE and just keep working out and who cares if i gain back a few lbs. what's really important anyway in life? as long as i am healthy and fit and happy that is really all that matters.

and funny note but my dad is a huge cyclist and runner and he did his first triathalon last year...he is very fit and lean and trim and eats right and works out like a fiend. it was SO HARD for him to do his triathalon!! he did very well but he came in after all of these people who i was kind of surprised to see doing such a grueling triathalon, there were a bunch of people that did not LOOK particularly fit, and one or two older women (aka 60's ish) who crossed the finish line before my dad....the uber workout health king. it was really interesting, i was and am not really familiar with that whole thing but i know it takes a lot to do a triathalon much less finish it...it was just so intriguing to see so many different visual types of people competing and doing so well and it really showed me that weight or age or whatever is not that important as long as your body is ready to go. so kudos for sure!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dee jay, i''ll be thinking of you today and what the Doc. says..i''m worried about you..

gail, I do agree with mara that even when counting calories you shouldn''t feel hungry all the time, especially since it sounds like you are in excellent athletic condition with all you''re doing. I mentioned the other day that there are some things that genetics control, like our height, you are strong and healthy and eat well so maybe you are where you''re supposed to be? I don''t know, but I do agree that i''m sad for you to be working so hard, still feel deprived. maybe even try adding in more healthy snanks between meals that aren''t too high in calories. I know my hubby tends to over eat at meals when he goes in starving so he''s figured if he snacks 2-3 times a day b/t meals he''s not so hungry and can stay within his calorie goals. I admire you for doing the triatholon''s and such, I don''t have the dicipline to do what it takes to actually train for one and I think that''s so cool that you do those
36.gif

anyway, i''m meeting hubby at the gym today for a workout. My sister gave me a subscription to Cooking Light as a christmas present and the first issue finally arrived in the mail yesterday. there are so many yummy recipes I want to try. I''ll post the good ones in the recipe thread but they all look incredible and very filling.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. keep us posted Dee Jay...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I''m so glad you''re going to the MD. Hope the wine helped. You are in my thoughts.

Here''s my weigh in for the week:

Week 14 Week 15
Height: 5''5" Height: 5''5"
Weight: 127.4 Weight: 125.2
Bust: 32" Bust: 32"
Waist: 26.5" Waist: 26.5"
Lower Waist: 31.75" Lower Waist: 32"
Bicep: 11.5" Bicep: 11.25"
Hips: 36.5” Hips: 36”
Thigh: 20" Thigh: 20"

Inches are moving slowly, but the weight keeps dropping, interesting.

More later, I have an early sub job today.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay,

It is better safe than sorry . . . and chances are going to the doctor will simply give you the peace of mind that it''s nothing serious.

I had chest pain whenever I breathed in a couple of years ago, which was definitely freaky . . . turned out it was some sort of viral infection. But I did what you are doing -- ignored it, thinking this is crazy, I am healthy and in my 20''s and shouldn''t be having chest pains/trouble breathing! But then I was driving to work and started crying from the pain, so I arranged to go the doctor straight away even though that is really inconvenient as a teacher. Afterwards I was glad to know that I wasn''t dying!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just left my doctor a message that I hope was not alarmist but still to be taken seriously. Hopefully she''ll get back to me and we can talk about evaluation options. Maybe a stress test or something else along those lines is in order...

And THANK YOU all for your support--I am not one to go running off to the doctor, but when thing has gone on for so long and then there a additional symptoms that really might be indicating something serious--YIKES!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 8:38:13 AM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay, I''m so glad you''re going to the MD. Hope the wine helped. You are in my thoughts.

Here''s my weigh in for the week:

Week 14 Week 15
Height: 5''5'' Height: 5''5''
Weight: 127.4 Weight: 125.2
Bust: 32'' Bust: 32''
Waist: 26.5'' Waist: 26.5''
Lower Waist: 31.75'' Lower Waist: 32''
Bicep: 11.5'' Bicep: 11.25''
Hips: 36.5” Hips: 36”
Thigh: 20'' Thigh: 20''

Inches are moving slowly, but the weight keeps dropping, interesting.

More later, I have an early sub job today.
Funny, I''m having just the opposite! Inches are dropping, but weight is staying very much the same... Although, yesterday I was 161.6, which is probably pretty accurate. I splurged last night out on sushi, and today the scale says 163.8. So, I''m not sure which is really accurate - I figure I''ll give it a few more days, and I''m guessing the 161 is probably more accurate and the amount of food I ate for dinner yesterday caused a little hiccup on my true weight. We shall see... But, here''s my Wednesday Weekly Workout Thread Weigh-In.

Week 10 Week 15
3/7/2007 4/11/2007
Height 5''2" 5''2"
Weight 164.2 163.8
Bust 36.5 37
Waist 32 30.5
Low Waist 37 36.5
Hips 44.25 44
Thigh - R 27 26.5
Thigh - L 27 25.75
Arm - R 12.5 12.3
Arm - L 13 12.75
Calves 16 15.5
Size 12 or 14
Body Fat % 35.2 35.3

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hope all will be well deejay....i''m glad you finally called the dr. i tend to not go to the dr unless i can''t move..lol

anyways today i''m going to do my pilates dvd...i really want to go jogging, but its windy and still cold here--where the heck is spring in the northeast? i''m making grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and baked potatos for dinner...i''ll probably have a soup for lunch...i had 3 oatmeal cookies for breakfast. i have sweet honeydew for a snack today and puffs...my son eats puffs and they are really good...25 calories for 80 of them. lol

i bought a cholesterol book (to support DH) and its disturbing the amount of cholesterol miligrams in some foods---mara eat a small amount of the polish sausage...it has more cholesterol than you need for 2 days. it tells you the portion size, how many calories and grams of chol. in everyday foods and name brand foods.

my measurements are the same as last week..gained a few oz....its hard to maintain without gaining. happy wednesday to all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you left a strong message with your Doctor DeeJay. I hope he/she takes is seriously and get''s you in today.

Well, I may not have the opportunity to check in again before taking the computer down and getting it all ready for the move home. We''ll be loading the cars tonight and leaving in the morning for the drive to Tampa. We''re going directly from Raleigh to Tampa, which we''re pegging at about a 10 hour drive, so it will be a long long day. But at least tomorrow night I know I''m sleeping in MY bed for the first time in nearly 5 months. I just can''t wait.

Thank you EVERYONE for all the support and friendship you''ve offered over our moves (the one from Tampa to Raleigh and now Raleigh back to Tampa). You''ve been such terrific friends throughout this roller-coaster that has been our life lately. Now, all I have to do is find a decent job and settle back into my life in Florida.

DeeJay, you''ll be high in my thoughts over the next couple days. I hope everything is OK with you (I''m sure it is).

Your friend,
Rod

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! today is a hectic day but i just wanted to check in...eating optimum blueberry flax and soy waffles for breakfast with butter spray, flax meal, cinnamon and sf syrup, yummy. oh and the blessed coffee.

my measurements are the same as well basically...i just did them this morning. weight is also the same, 131ish. happy to see really nothing is changing for better or worse lol as i like staying the same. i visually look very lean right now. the one thing i would change is that whenever i have a big meal or overeat it goes STRAIGHT to my belly and bloats it out. so then i look like a thin but slightly pregnant woman lol. or that's what i feel like i look like anyway. my belly is definitely my sore spot in terms of showing what i am eating like, immediately. oh well!

anyhow, DJ hope you get over to the DR today and he pronounces it just stress or something. then you can take up yoga for relaxation hehee. sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully. NYC..yeah this place seems to just offer like multiple sausage platters so hopefully i can share one with someone or just get a child sausage or something. i mean does one really need a sampler of 3 diff types of sausages? hehe...

mrs salvo, alj got me a cooking light subscription for christmas last year and it's fabulous!! i love getting the magazine. the recipes are all online but the mag is really fun too as you can earmark pages, make notes, and read the articles. i love it. kudos becky on measurements going down, that's progress! don't worry about the scale if the measurements are changing...you are probably building up some heavier muscle.

nyc it's funny you say it's hard to maintain without gaining, i totally feel that way too actually. it feels like i tend to have a few heavier days like on a weekend, then get on the scale, see a lb or two extra, go woops, and then be more diligent for a few days, get back on the scale, see it's normal again, relax and have a few heavier days etc. i guess that is okay but it still feels a little yoyo even though it's only one day to the next. wish it was a bit more steady. but i guess life is ups and downs too so why shouldn't weight be a bit up and down as well?! hehe. that's my thought anyway!

anyhow gotta run and get ready, hope everyone has a fabulouso day. here are my basic measurements, nothing changed from last week really.

height: 5'7"
weight: 131ish
body fat: 18%
arms: 9.5"
bust: 35ish"
waist: 26.25"
lower waist: 33" (i think i am measuring this in a diff place than a lot of you since it always seems so high, i measure like where my low rise jeans come up to...about an inch under my belly button?)
hips: 36"
thigh: 19.5"
calf: 13.5"

have a great day all!! and rod, so happy you are going home soon yet sorry we will miss you in NC next month!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello WWTers! things have been super busy both in and out of work lately, so i haven''t gotten a chance to check in yet this week. i am happy to report that passover ended last night, and i had some super delicious homemade focaccia with a spinach and artichoke frittata for dinner - yum!! going without much grain for the week really underscored how important fiber is in terms of keeping me full throughout the day, and i will be happy to get back to my normal tried-and-true foods. i''ve been good about working out despite my busy schedule lately - 45 minutes on either the elliptical, treadmill or bike every day for the last week.

food for today was some fage with blueberries, cinnamon and flaxseed for breakfast, lentil soup and a small cheese quesadilla for lunch (made with a tortilla factory tortilla and shredded 2% cheddar), and then a kashi granola bar for a snack before the gym. not sure about dinner yet, but i do have a new fun treat to try for dessert. it''s a dessert bowl by guiltless gourmet, and was written up by hungry girl as a 200-calorie alternative to the fatty betty crocker ones. i got the warm chocolate brownie...will post a review later on!

dj, hope everything is ok at the doctors.

lorelei, hope your guy is doing well with his surgery. keep us posted!

and good luck to all with the moving and new job stuff.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 9:36:40 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I just left my doctor a message that I hope was not alarmist but still to be taken seriously. Hopefully she'll get back to me and we can talk about evaluation options. Maybe a stress test or something else along those lines is in order...

And THANK YOU all for your support--I am not one to go running off to the doctor, but when thing has gone on for so long and then there a additional symptoms that really might be indicating something serious--YIKES!
Dee, please......DON'T worry about being alarmist! Heck, I'd rather see someone jump the gun and find out it's not much to worry about than the alternative......to be anemic or sluggish to seek medical attention and then find out it IS something.

No harm done in the first case....but potential BIG harm done in the second.

Let us know what the Dr. says - you're in my thoughts.

Gail.....gotta agree, you seem to be doing all the right things. Have you been checked for insulin resistance, by chance? I just learned last Oct that I'm insulin resistance, and my metabolic disorder has wreaked much of the havoc with me.

Rod - SO excited for you I can barely sit still - wish I could be a fly on the wall when you set foot into the old place in Tampa!

Mara....glad to hear the new job is panning out - YAY!

OH, and Lorelei - hope all is well with the little guy!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, don''t feel bad for going to see the doc. Whatever this is, it has gone on way too long.

Let us know.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Blah, wasn''t feeling like working out today and ate half a chocolate Easter bunny. But I stuck to my schedule and did a Firm weights-oriented workout. I think I overdid it yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results