shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th April till 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 5:31:04 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well the doctor has confirmed, according to the second EKG that she just took, that I do indeed have a heartbeat, LOL. A ''classic perfect heartbeat'' based on the printout as a matter of fact. But other than that the rage of guesses on my malady go from arterial blockage, blood clot in my lung, asthma and heartburn. (???)

I go in for a stress test next Thursday and I''m supposed to take Prilosec once a day to see if that makes any difference.

Modern medicine...

I did walk home from the doctor''s office though, and that was 1.5 miles, so I''m counting it as a workout.

Everyone sounds like they''re doing so well! And Mara, glad to hear you''re happy with the new job.

ETA: Forgot to say that the doc pointed out that my ''bad'' cholesterol was a very low number (it''s like 30 and it should be in the 40-60 range). I asked what I should do and her answer was to exercise--which she had not 2 minutes before tell me I was absolutely NOT allowed to do at this point!--and to drink more red wine. Oh well, at least I can follow *that* part of the doctor''s orders!
Well, at least we know you''re alive.
9.gif

Let''s relax and see what the stress test says. And in the meantime, follow doctors orders! *pouring DeeJay some wine*

*wishing I got orders like that*
11.gif
2.gif

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Yes, DeeJay, I think we should all drink a glass of red wine in your honor!!!
emcocktl.gif
Honestly, though, I hope they figure something out for you that helps with the pain!

Mara, glad to know that you''re enjoying your new job!!! There''s nothing better than having a job that you really love!

Rod, are you back home yet? Hope you made it safely!

Today was a crazy workout day. I got to the gym about 6 and did my series of weightlifting. They''ve got this system set up at my gym called FastFit that tracks your weights. You log in and it tells you what you did last time and if you wanted to add more weight. Then, you do 12 reps where you''re maxed out by the end. Move on to the next machine... There''s 10 machines, and you''re done in less than 20 mins (unless the meatheads decide to use the machines and they just sit there forever and don''t follow the system and there''s 3 other sets in a row like this plus a TON of other weight machines, but they have to use the FastFit... anyway, really, I''m not bitter...) After that, I did abs, and I hit the inner/outer thigh machines, which I LOVE!

Then, I notice a spinning class is about to start. And, it was on my list of things to try at the gym, so I figure, what the heck, I''ll go ahead and try it instead of doing the elliptical or whatever random cardio I was gonna do. OH BOY, did I get my butt kicked! I mean, my fingers even hurt typing this message. And, the class was an hour long! Whew, I''m usually a 30 mins of cardio kinda girl. But, I finished it!!! I''m sure I''ll be sore tomorrow, but I know I got a great cardio burn in! Anyone have any idea how many calories spinning burns?? I know it varies quite a bit based on weight, effort, etc, but just a general range would be nice to know.

Food-wise, things were pretty good today. I ended up just under 1700, which is a little more than the sparkpeople recommend, but I had to get some sugar into my body after that workout and ended up grabbing a Frosty from Wendy''s (half of which is sitting in the freezer for tomorrow or the next day).

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
mara, i got the brownie bowl at my regular grocer (kroger) in the health food section.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
to drink more red wine.
HI DJ:

Is your Doc taking new patients??.......
2.gif
In all seriousness, hope you get to the root of your discomfort soon.....

Finally the weather here has changed for the better. Could it be spring?? The sleet/snow over Easter gave me serious doubts..... At any rate, I hope to "take it outside" soon, as I am getting tired of "just" my gym routine.....

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 7:48:29 PM
Author: Ellen

Well the doctor has confirmed, according to the second EKG that she just took, that I do indeed have a heartbeat, LOL. A ''classic perfect heartbeat'' based on the printout as a matter of fact. But other than that the rage of guesses on my malady go from arterial blockage, blood clot in my lung, asthma and heartburn. (???)

I go in for a stress test next Thursday and I''m supposed to take Prilosec once a day to see if that makes any difference.

Modern medicine...

I did walk home from the doctor''s office though, and that was 1.5 miles, so I''m counting it as a workout.

Everyone sounds like they''re doing so well! And Mara, glad to hear you''re happy with the new job.

ETA: Forgot to say that the doc pointed out that my ''bad'' cholesterol was a very low number (it''s like 30 and it should be in the 40-60 range). I asked what I should do and her answer was to exercise--which she had not 2 minutes before tell me I was absolutely NOT allowed to do at this point!--and to drink more red wine. Oh well, at least I can follow *that* part of the doctor''s orders!
Well, at least we know you''re alive.
9.gif

Let''s relax and see what the stress test says. And in the meantime, follow doctors orders! *pouring DeeJay some wine*

*wishing I got orders like that*
11.gif
2.gif
Ellen, I order you to drink more red wine.
9.gif

DeeJay, I was tallking to my husband about your low good cholesterol at dinner as I was interested in what that means (his background is bio-chemistry, genetic testing, etc.) and he suggested adding more mono-unsaturated fats (avacado (a hard to find item in Chicago!) and EVOO) to your diet. Sorry for discussing you at dinner, but it sparked an interest! He also shared that if you aren''t having shortness of breathe that''s a good sign that it''s not a serious issue.

We had chicken coconut curry for dinner, but I only ate about 1/2 of mine, I just wasn''t really hungry although it turned out great. J is in charge of dinner tomorrow night. We''re going out on Saturday to replace our screwed up meal on Tuesday. We left later than usual for the theatre and had to eat dinner at their snack bar as there was no time for Chinese. I had a bowl of chicken soup w/ bread, and it was really good, but definitely not a splurge! I have to take two tests on Saturday that are 4 hours each to determine if I get to do my student teaching, which is nervewracking, so a nice meal out afterwards is going to be my reward. We''re going to our favorite local place.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!
Oh, I was doing so well over bkfst and lunch and totally blew the afternoon. It started with a chocolate chip cookie (big one). I was going to have a tiny piece which turned into half which turned into the whole thing. OUCH. Then I made spaghetti with meatsauce for dinner (extra lean ground beef) which would be fine, but I had a bigger portion than I should have. Also had a small portion of garlic bread, which was not terrible for me (I make it w/ just a little olive oil) but just unneeded calories. Yummy though! I did not even try to calculate the cals for the day. I did have a nice workout, with 20 min on the bike, 30 min of abs plus lower body weights, then a 10 min FAST run. Also walked quite a bit today.

I''ve had a couple really good weights workouts lately and I like how buff they make me feel!

I have a big job interview all day tomorrow. I am really excited about the organization but I am unclear as to the details of the actual job so I am hoping to learn a lot more about it. I''m interviewing with some big names in my field, which is really intimidating. I''ve also heard really conflicting things about this organization as a place to work - it is highly dependent upon your team and supervisor. Several people have said long hours, high stress level etc, which is not what I am looking for. But I have also heard that people are happy there in general. It is hard to figure that stuff out in the interview but I am going to try and pick up on as many cues as I can from the people I meet about how happy they seem. If I get an offer, I can ask more specifics about the work schedule. I don''t want to come off as a slacker during the interview. This is a big issue for me b/c with my first job out of college, I didn''t ask too many details (and they misled me, but that is a different story) and ended up working for a really malignant company where everyone was miserable and burned out. Do not want to repeat that mistake!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good luck tomorrow, gail!! Fingers crossed for a great interview for you and a job that suits your needs.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much KimberlyH!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck tomorrow gail!!

don''t worry about your blown afternoon gail...i had an insane afternoon at my offsite which included apps, a bunch of super thin slivers of diff pizzas, and then the crowning bad glory which derailed me entirely...a platter of all sorts of fab desserts..i think i literally had one of each. think tiramisu, chocolate mousse cake, berry pie, chocolate chip cannoli etc. i am still full and we left at like 4pm. so really no dinner for me ... but if i do miraculously get hungry within an hour or two, i am going to make a turkey wrap with avo which is only like 150 cals and gives me protein and fat and fiber so at least it''s a worthy 150 cals.

after i left work this afternoon i walked over to my mom''s house which is 1.5 miles from my office, picked up portia, had a nice visit with my mom, then walked back with P...and drove home. so 3m this afternoon and then the 1m earlier today does my 4m for today though really i should have walked another 4m for the desserts, haha. time constraints!!

but whatever, i realize that these are ''special events'' and i will have some days like this, the important thing is not to let it derail anything for the future. and not to dwell on it too much, or be negative about it. but i do have to figure out how to let myself have ''some'' but not ''all'' of what i love. that is my biggest problem..mentally. it''s easier for me to have none than have some. i''m just such an all or nothing personality. so it was easier for me to lose the weight and be on a healthier plan because i''d have none of my fave things, and keep 2 splurge nights for the weekends. but now that i am ''allowed'' to have more things because i''m maintaining, it seriously is harder than having NONE. so i am considering going back to NONE because it seems too hard to figure out some. but then i think well i should try to figure out some because this is forever right? so am i going to have none forever or figure out how to have some even if it means it''s harder now.
40.gif
sometimes this maintenance stuff is for the birds i tell ya!!! esp with a raging sweet tooth like mine. tonite my mom was like ''i wonder if it''s hereditary'' because she has the SAME issues as me with the sweet tooth. wonder where i got my habits from? hehe.

anyhow...hope everyone has a fabulous evening or is having one right now..hehee. tomorrow night we are thinking of staying local and relaxing a bit since it''s been such a hectic week so we''ll see what happens with dinner.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:21:52 PM
Author: Mara
good luck tomorrow gail!!

don''t worry about your blown afternoon gail...i had an insane afternoon at my offsite which included apps, a bunch of super thin slivers of diff pizzas, and then the crowning bad glory which derailed me entirely...a platter of all sorts of fab desserts..i think i literally had one of each. think tiramisu, chocolate mousse cake, berry pie, chocolate chip cannoli etc. i am still full and we left at like 4pm. so really no dinner for me ... but if i do miraculously get hungry within an hour or two, i am going to make a turkey wrap with avo which is only like 150 cals and gives me protein and fat and fiber so at least it''s a worthy 150 cals.

after i left work this afternoon i walked over to my mom''s house which is 1.5 miles from my office, picked up portia, had a nice visit with my mom, then walked back with P...and drove home. so 3m this afternoon and then the 1m earlier today does my 4m for today though really i should have walked another 4m for the desserts, haha. time constraints!!

but whatever, i realize that these are ''special events'' and i will have some days like this, the important thing is not to let it derail anything for the future. and not to dwell on it too much, or be negative about it. but i do have to figure out how to let myself have ''some'' but not ''all'' of what i love. that is my biggest problem..mentally. it''s easier for me to have none than have some. i''m just such an all or nothing personality. so it was easier for me to lose the weight and be on a healthier plan because i''d have none of my fave things, and keep 2 splurge nights for the weekends. but now that i am ''allowed'' to have more things because i''m maintaining, it seriously is harder than having NONE. so i am considering going back to NONE because it seems too hard to figure out some. but then i think well i should try to figure out some because this is forever right? so am i going to have none forever or figure out how to have some even if it means it''s harder now.
40.gif
sometimes this maintenance stuff is for the birds i tell ya!!! esp with a raging sweet tooth like mine. tonite my mom was like ''i wonder if it''s hereditary'' because she has the SAME issues as me with the sweet tooth. wonder where i got my habits from? hehe.

anyhow...hope everyone has a fabulous evening or is having one right now..hehee. tomorrow night we are thinking of staying local and relaxing a bit since it''s been such a hectic week so we''ll see what happens with dinner.

I am the same way.

I am often reminded of something my friend told me (he was going through AA)

He said a friend of his in OA (over eaters) said that for people with drug/alcohol problems it''s like
putting the lion in the cage and locking it up.

For eating issues you have to take the lion out of the cage and pet it three times a day!

(ain''t that the truth)
I find myself backsliding into my old ways- I just can''t seem to figure this part of the battle.
I lose the weight- than always return to my old ways. I just can''t seem to find and maintain the balance.
The battle rages on in my head. I think I can overcome the food- I just can''t seem to overcome my mind!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to let you know my precious horse died yesterday after the surgery. Thanks to you all for your good wishes, if you could send me some healing vibes when you can I would so appreciate it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Lorelei, I am SO very, very sorry to hear your news.....my heart goes out to go during this painful time.
emrose.gif
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Deepest sympathies and biggest hugs going your way right now.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I''m so so sorry to hear the news -- my sympathies to you and yours during this difficult time.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all who hoisted a glass in honor of my doctor''s orders last night!

The good news is I''m back down to my lowest weight as of this morning, so even though I''m not working out the strict cal counting seems to be doing a little bit of good.

Sevens, I''m 100% with you. I don''t want ONE peanut butter egg, I want them ALL!!! There are some things I can have a nibble of and walk away, but others I know I cannot even get within 10 feet of or it''s all over...

Kimberly, feel free to discuss my goofy situation with John or anyone else you can think of that might have some ideas, LOL! And no, shortness of breath is not one of my symptoms. Between the last doctor''s visit and this one she must have asked me about that approximately 1,000 times. One thing that is probably throwing the HDL count off though is that I hadn''t fasted before they took blood. As a matter of fact I didnt'' know they WERE going to take blood that day, and the focus of the test was not my cholesteral, but they decided to throw that in too since they already had a vile of my blood sitting there. I''m supposed to go back in a two months and have the test done again after a 12 hour fast and see how the numbers come out.

Gail and Kimberly, good luck today!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
lorelei, I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
emrose.gif
as i'm going through surgery with my own dog, I understand just how close and beloved a part of your family animals become. many hugs and much sympathy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Way to go DeeJay, back at your lowest weight...what a super star!!! No shortness of breath is a good sign. Fingers crossed for you!! And thanks for the well wishes, the tests are tomorrow from 8am-5pm. I''m really not looking forward to it.

Mara and Sevens, maintaining is hard, but you''ll find your groove. I managed to maintain for 5 years at a healthy weight before I started calorie counting in January. It takes a while to feel comfortable and allow yourself to eat enough to maintain but not so much that the weight starts coming back on. I think what helped me a lot was that I found foods I really enjoyed and could handle eating several times a week so that my calories didn''t fluctuate a whole lot (aside from meals out, and treats on occasion).

I''m going to get a shorter workout in today. I''m subbing 1/2 day for a 2nd/3rd gr. combo class. This will be interesting, I have the kids for 3 hours before spring break, I can''t imagine we''re going to get a whole lot done!

John is in charge of dinner tonight.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lorelei, i'm so sorry to hear about your beloved horse...hang in there sweetie and know that all of us are thinking of you.

kimberly, yeah i know that eventually i will find my groove, but it's just in the whole 'experimental' stages it's tough. you don't want to slide back but you don't want to really loosen up either. i actually had a really long convo with greg about it last nite. i have an addictive personality anyway, it's really all or nothing with me, and food is no exception. because i have a rational side and an emotional and many times i can be really strong and be like 'i don't even want that' but then if i start eating it, it's like when do i stop. i have trouble with the stopping mechanism. leave part of my dessert? no way, what a waste! hahah. plus as greg pointed out, i am hugely 'pleasure' driven, aka much of what i do in life has to do with what makes me feel good, makes me happy, etc. so when i am out at dinner or at some event instead of thinking 'why should i have that' i think 'why shouldn't i'...it's a totally different mentality and one that can sabotage me for sure. like i was telling greg, sometimes i feel like worrying about my weight is just so superficial in the scheme of life, and like obsessing over how not to gain weight but still have the candy or whatever. but then i think well i worked really hard to get here and yes it's kind of a luxury to be able to have the time to think about this but it is important to me and i should give it that level of importance and really pay attn to how to make this a successful plan FOR LIFE. since that is what i am supposed to be figuring out. so anyway i am sure i will get it if i just keep plugging away at it. and trying different 'tactics' to figure out what works for my brain etc. i asked greg for a while to please ask me at dinner if i REALLY want dessert...or a 2nd dessert lol. or the 5th piece of bread. i am hoping that him asking me that and asking me to really think about it for a second might make me a little more aware of what i am about to eat rather than just grabbing it and starting to eat it out of habit. i don't want to cut anything out, just want to be more 'some' than 'all'.

and i really took that article about how hard it is to 'change' to heart that i posted about the other night. i am at about 9 months of doing this lifestyle change and the article said it takes about 6-9 months for your mind and body to really accept something new as a routine/pattern and replace the old one, so i kind of wonder if my body and mind aren't trying to get back to the old bad routine/patterns with like one last ditch effort before this new lifestyle of working out and eating right really becomes my new routine/pattern. i would love if i was on the cusp of that if i could just get past my dessert cravings for a while. my mom was like 'see that's what happens when you deprive yourself' but i never deprived myself. i had dessert all through my weight loss months, just not that much of it. and now its like all dessert all the time. but seriously gotta say that after yesterday i still feel ill thinking about how full and gross i felt afterwards. i couldn't even think about eating anything til like 9:30pm and i had a tiny bowl of fiber one with strawberries and almond milk just to have *something* so my body would be happier than nothing. so MAYBE this time i will remember that icky feeling and use it to my advantage. i tend to have a short memory on those things, esp when confronted with something yummy.
40.gif

anyway today i am in a 5 hour training meeting and we are supposed to 'go somewhere yummy for lunch' but i am going to bail on the lunch thing and just say i have some errands to run at lunch instead. i seriously need to start regaining some level of control over my eating habits while in this new office. i will not let it derail me...you hear that old routine/pattern/brain?! i have LC's at work that i can eat and i was also thinking of walking over to WF and getting some fage...the walk is 1/2 mile each way so it will be a nice jaunt on a sunny day. i had optimum power blueberry flax soy waffles for brekkie with strawberries and sf syrup.

hope everyone is having a glorious friday. we don't know what we are doing for dinner, some of it depends on how my day goes, but i think we plan to stay local and just kind of relax after a really long week for both of us...with greg being sick for 1/2 of it he is pretty tired and i am just flat out tired from changing my schedule the way i have from 'relaxation' lifestyle to 'working 9 hours and working out after' lifestyle lol. but i like it so far!! OH and you all will be interested to hear that one of my coworkers actually used to work with my old psycho boss at their previous companies....and she told me some interesting stuff about psycho boss including that she was laid off, that hardly anyone liked her, and that she was definitely not as fabulous as she likes to tell everyone she is. i was like omg this is so validating. hehee.
3.gif
and it makes me even more glad i escaped! eee!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I too, am an all or nothing person, so I totally understand where you are coming from. When I was fat, I was all about Cinamon Toast Crunch, to the tune of 2-3 heaping bowls a day, seconds of ice cream, lots of cheese and bread and chips and salsa. Essentially I ate all my favorite foods in excess. Learning to eat differently is one of the most difficult things to do. Especially when you are raised by people who have not so healthy habits like I was. It baffles my mom that I can be so controlled. Having Greg question you is a fantastic idea! And, in my opinion, it''s not superficial to worry about your weight and body. There are unseen effects of eating right and exercising that will have a large impact on your quality of life both now and in the future. Looking good is only scratching the surface of the benefits you reap from the changes that have been made. I know you know all of this, but sometimes it''s nice to hear it from someone else. Keep up the fantastic work!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Happy Friday to all. Lorelei, I''m so sorry about your horse
7.gif
. I hope you will feel better soon.

Mara, I completely understand what you are saying about temptations around the office. Like I said in some previous posts, my hardest challenge in keeping the weight down has been my hours at work. They are so long that it is impossible to not eat dinner at work. On top of that, there are meetings all day where they have food and after the meetings, they always bring out the leftovers into the pantry. The food is always so decadent, like a huge platter of breakfast pastries with chocolate croissants, muffins, donuts, etc and then for lunch and afternoon meetings they have leftovers like brownies, cookies, cakes, cannolis and all sorts of other sweets. Every thursday evening, the firm has a food event at 5:30 in a big conference room with a different theme every week. And every friday afternoon they put out a platter of cookies. Sometimes I pass by the pantry while going to co-workers'' offices and I just want to grab something to munch on. But like others, I am an all-or-nothing kind of person. Once I pick up on to munch on, I keep thinking about going for another one and a lot of times I do. I find that if I don''t even take one at all, I am better off. So now whenever I pass by and see a platter of something, I always tell myself: "ok, don''t start, don''t start." Most of the time it works, but it''s so tough! When I was in law school last year, I had so much more control over my day and I didn''t have temptations lying around my apartment. Having lack of control now is very frustrating at times, but I realize that is how life is and we have to learn to make good decisions.

On another topic, has anyone experienced weight gain or increased appetite as a result of birth control pills? I started taking the pill for the first time in February. I was put on Loestrin 24, which is supposed to be a low dose pill. In the month and a half since I took it, I gained about 8 pounds. On top of that, every day I was hungry all the time. As soon as I had one meal, I''d be ravenous again. I used to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast every morning, but while on the pill, I felt a serious need to eat a second bowl 5 seconds after I finished the first bowl. And also I''d have intense cravings for chocolate and sweets and other things that I normally don''t crave (like peanut butter). It got to the point where all I could think about was food and sugar all the time. At first I thought I''d gotten pregnant or something, but I wasn''t. Last week I finished my second pack of the pills and I stopped taking it just to see what happens. Within 48 hours, the cravings stopped, I stopped thinking about food, and I started eating normally again. Within 6 days I am already down 4 pounds. This is very bizarre because most people I''ve spoken to never experienced this. Does anyone else have an experience like this?

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
i identify with the "all or nothing" feeling as well. my weakness is crunchy, salty snacks like chips and crackers. if i have a handful, i want 10 more handfuls, and have a really hard time stopping with just a little bit. so my strategy is just not to keep those things in the house - i can''t reach for them if they''re not there. so now i only have chips and salsa if i''m out at a mexican restaurant or at a party or something, and i just count those as my splurge days.

mara, maybe you could try setting yourself a limit as to how many nights a week you are "allowed" to order dessert after dinner? then you wouldn''t have to feel bad about eating the whole thing if you were only doing it 2 nights a week or so. i dunno - i''m not really a big dessert person and rarely order dessert at restaurants.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually kim it really does help me to hear about or read about others struggling with the same thing because sometimes i think ''god i am just such a dork!!'' but reading about maintenance online has shown me that others do have the same issues so it helps to not feel totally like it''s just me. and i know i will figure it out eventually as i did not get here for nothing, i know i have self control, i had to for months to lose the weight and to keep up with my workouts etc. but sometimes it just flies out the window...i need to learn to identify that and how to stop it or at least temper it a bit.

ele...i hear ya!! sometimes it''s so hard. sometimes i can totally pass stuff up. but other times, it''s like watch out! i need to start bringing in healthy treats for my coworkers and woo them over to my healthy side hehee.

sb...when i was losing i allowed myself 2 nights on the weekend for us to splurge on dinner and dessert and that worked out wonderfully. however..over time when i started educating myself on calories and things...i realized oh this 100 cal brownie would be a wonderful dessert at home. or a 60 cal pudding cup. then it was like oh well i can mingle the brownie with 120 cal slow churned for a 220 cal dessert. totally doable within my cal range. and then suddenly i was having dessert every night at home even though it was ''healthy'', and then weekends i''d have dessert too! so i think that has trained me to expect something sweet/chocolatey whereas before i did not have dessert at home really at all! almost ever! and i have read a lot about how once your body expects something it wants you to keep having it. so i might need to entirely cut out sweets at home again...but on the other hand i think, well is that really the way to go? isn''t THAT all or nothing thinking as well?

and part of it mentally is that whole ''well why shouldn''t i''....my mentality is...if i can, then why not? as opposed to WHY should i. not why not. and then i feel like ''oh i had a hard day, i should be rewarded''. it''s just really all mental. my body doesn''t NEED chocolate or dessert. it''s my mind who wants it. so anyway, i just hope that by trying to use the ''thinking'' part of the brain and not emotional so often, i can continue to kind of move my thought process and hopefully eventually it will be more the new routine.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
eleguin- I totally had that experience after starting on the pill. The one I am on (Yasmin) is actually supposed to be better about weight gain but I was constantly hungry and it felt like no matter what I ate I was just as hungry. I went on it for really painful ovarian cysts, so I couldn''t really just stop. Ugh I gained weight that I have just now taken off (I am skinnier now than 2 summers ago!!!) but it took a long time for the incessant hunger to go away. I am fine with it now though so maybe some people just take a long time to adjust to the hormones. I also try to eat high protein and good fats that help keep me full and no addictive white sugar! Good luck and maybe try a different pill?

shortblonde- I have been crazing salty things lately and what has helped is pickles! I make sure they don''t have high fructose corn syrup (seriously why would a pickle need that?!) and it is a good crunchy, salty, low calorie snack. Also, small amounts for green olives works well for me because they are super salty so it helps limit the amount you want.

Also, I am now a size medium instead of XL and I fit into clothes I haven''t worn for 2 years!! I am a lot less stressed about this now because I know I can do this and I know if I do have a splurge now and again I can go right back to eating well, which I totally couldn''t do before WWT, as long as it isn''t a million pieces of cake at a bridal expo. Keep up the good work everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
indec, you bring up a good point. every time i feel stressed about my habits slipping i just remind myself that i''ve done it once, i can do it again...if i do slip up and a few lbs creep back on, i can tighten up the regime again and lose them. so it does help me to know that i shouldn''t freak out so much about this little stuff, since i already did it successfully and i''m sure if required i could do it again.

today has been good so far! i had a light n fit yogurt and am drinking some green passionfruit jasmine tea. funniest thing is my friend who works here messaged me asking me if i wanted to walk over to whole foods with her at some point today and i was like hey i am going over at lunch! so we''re doing that in an hour or so. it''s a 1m total walk so that will be a nice jaunt. i''m hitting up the gym later today after work and greg and i decided to make tonite at stay-home evening after all the excitement of this week...i think we are going to grill up some tandoori shrimp and i will make the polenta fries and i think we''ll have grilled artichokes with lemon aoili. for dessert, yikes, something small...maybe a chocolate raspberry cream egg? hehe.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday all,

So, hubby and I dropped the kids off and school and hit the gym for a workout (he was off work today). the good news is, he's down 3 pounds since starting to workout 2 weeks ago and calorie counting
36.gif
. we then had to run errands all afternoon and had 2 showings today, a total of 7 for the week so far, still no offers
7.gif
. we're home tonight for a healthy dinner.

hope everyone has a great weekend..

on and Becky, according to calorie-count.com a moderate spinning class burns 544 calories/hour so GREAT JOB!!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone and happy Friday!

KimberlyH, I hope your exam goes well!
DJ, glad you got good news from the dr.
Lorelei, I am so sorry to hear about your horse. I can only imagine the pain you are feeling. I hope that in time, the good memories will be a comfort.

So, my job interview went quite well today. I liked the people I met and it seemed like a good atmosphere. The work seems very challenging and very related to my professional interests, but I didn''t feel super pumped about the nature of the work. Also, everyone I interviewed with talked about ebbs and flows of the work and lots of deadlines, and working long hours to meet them. That''s not what I was looking for, although I can (and have) done it before. I was really looking for something more steady, with regular hours. So I will wait and see what might happen. They did seem really enthusiastic about me which is great. It''s nice to feel wanted :)

And here''s the best news of the day: we got two offers on our house!!! One was full price, and the people wrote us a nice letter about how much they love the house. They guy also has a professional connection with my husband so it seems the fates align. Hopefully we''ll have all the paperwork wrapped up this evening - don''t want to jinx things though! Fingers crossed!

Gail

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo I hope this is your week for the house sale, too! I really think that when it rains, it pours - one offer can get someone who is on the fence to make another offer, etc!

KimberlyH your post about 2-3 bowls of cereal and cheese and such hit home with me. I think that when I was gaining weight I was making OK food choices but not limiting my portions very well. What''s tough is that two of my best friends are naturally really thin ie size 2, with really fast metabolism. When we go out, they can hit the chips and the drinks and the appetizers and desserts etc and stay thin. I have to watch EVERYTHING, or at least plan my splurges strategically. It took me a while to get that. I just can''t eat like some people can.

While getting ready for my interview today I noticed that my size 12 skirt for my suit looks downright silly now that it is too big! My pants (which is what I wore) still looked fine, but they were definitely baggy. Excuse to buy a new suit!! :) I finally can look in the mirror and feel kinda happy about my body shape now for the first time in a long time. If I could just get the gut to leave, I would be really happy!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I don't have time to post but I try to read as much as possible and I want to say:
Gail, congrats on the house offer. Also congrats on seeing the looseness in your clothes!
Also, I agree with you on the frustration of having those around eat whatever they want to eat and not gain weight, and I was nodding my head the other day when you said about having to watch what you eat around the family because you might get an earful. It is very sad that some people do not understand how it is for some people to lose weight. But in your head you know you are doing a fantastic job as you are able to do the Triathalons and such. Good Work!

I found these two articles interesting:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18078833
and
http://fitlist.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/04/03/110648.aspx

Also interesting and why lifting weights and building muscle is so important:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-a-Very-Low-Calorie-Diet-Can-Make-You-Gain-Weight&id=70090

Lorelei, I am very sorry about your horse. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They are so special and caring. I just lost my beloved miniature Schnauzer (my Avatar) in December 2006 and it still hurts - She was 14 years old so we had many good years together. Please remember the good times. My prayers are with you.

Take care all,

M

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei My thoughts and positve healing vibes are with you.
Take care

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
YAY, it''s Friday evening!

I managed to keep 20 kids contained in a classroom with no major damage done for 3 hours despite the fact that it''s Friday, it''s the day before Spring Break and a group of parents threw the class an ice cream party Pepsi and all! The mother who served gave each child at LEAST 2 cups of ice cream smothered in chocolate syrup. They''re all going to go home and have stomach aches! She also handed out handfuls of candy at the end of the day, oh my goodness! I didn''t have anything that was served, YAY ME!

I got in a 400 cal workout this morning. John is making low-cal chicken parm for dinner, YUMMY! And he''s decided we should have a quiet meal at home both tonight and tomorrow night. So sweet. He said we''d be eating out enough in Chicago next week, no need to go out this weekend.

Gail, I was a food fiend back then. I went through a box of cereal every three days, no joke. It was terrible. My arteries must have hated me!

DeeJay, how are you feeling?

Mara, glad you''re having a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results