shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th April till 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Becky, the rump soreness is the worst part of starting spinning. I used to tell my first timers to only do 20-30 minutes for the first few classes and make sure to take a lot of stand up breaks on the bike but it does take a while to get used to it. But, do try to go back in a few days and do it again. after several classes your body gets used to it and you''ll be able to ride without any problems.

thanks for the fairydust mara. we''re supposed to have beautiful weather next week which is always good for showings so hopefully the right buyer will come along soon. I''m heading out of town next weekend and leaving hubby with all the kids so it''d be great if the house was sold so he didn''t have to keep it all up by himself.

Rod, you sound like you are glowing. i''m so glad you are home and charlie is happy about it too. reading what you wrote makes me want to go to florida so badly.

we''re planning on hitting the gym again tomorrow and then take the girls swimming. it really is such a nice way to spend a sunday afternoon (when there is no football) rather than just being lazy and doing nothing. the kids love all the swimming and we all are sleeping so much better.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reeeeally need to join this thread, but I haven''t due to the fact that I do NOT workout!
9.gif
However, I do need to get serious about losing a few pounds that have crept up on me, so maybe I''ll stop in here for some inspiration! However, I noticed just skimming this page, that y''all sure do talk about food a lot!
2.gif

Rod, I just wanted to say that I didn''t know you had left Raleigh! After hearing about your condo in Tampa (and I recall the pictures from last year), I can''t say as I blame you a bit! But I''m sorry we didn''t have a chance to meet the one time I went to Raleigh during the time you lived there. I wish you luck in finding the perfect new job! (What field of work are you in?)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2007 10:16:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Becky, the rump soreness is the worst part of starting spinning. I used to tell my first timers to only do 20-30 minutes for the first few classes and make sure to take a lot of stand up breaks on the bike but it does take a while to get used to it. But, do try to go back in a few days and do it again. after several classes your body gets used to it and you''ll be able to ride without any problems.

thanks for the fairydust mara. we''re supposed to have beautiful weather next week which is always good for showings so hopefully the right buyer will come along soon. I''m heading out of town next weekend and leaving hubby with all the kids so it''d be great if the house was sold so he didn''t have to keep it all up by himself.

Rod, you sound like you are glowing. i''m so glad you are home and charlie is happy about it too. reading what you wrote makes me want to go to florida so badly.

we''re planning on hitting the gym again tomorrow and then take the girls swimming. it really is such a nice way to spend a sunday afternoon (when there is no football) rather than just being lazy and doing nothing. the kids love all the swimming and we all are sleeping so much better.
So maybe I should find a job with the tourism division?? Rod Sells Florida!! Come on down Mrssalvo. We have great gyms and you can swim year round down here. Meant to send you some dust your way too, so Rod is sending some to you post haste!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker, we are definitely a group of people who love good food, but love our overall health and physical wellbeing, too...which winds up being a fantastic life balance. Welcome, have a seat, stay a while...it''s nice here! (Same to you Jeannine, who I didn''t get the change to welcome earlier!).

Thanks for all the test well-wishes...I''ll know on May 14 if I have to suffer through it again.

We took a nice relaxing walk this afternoon and now I''m sort of 1/2 asleep but trying to make it until 9.

Mara, you''ve inspired me to make good use of my jacuzzi tub tomorrow. We''ve lived in this house for 8 months and I''ve only used it once. I feel guilty about the amount of water it requires to fill it up, but I need to take advantage of it before we move!!!

Rod, you are so clearly happy, that''s awesome!

Have a restful/fun evening everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2007 10:21:28 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I reeeeally need to join this thread, but I haven''t due to the fact that I do NOT workout!
9.gif
However, I do need to get serious about losing a few pounds that have crept up on me, so maybe I''ll stop in here for some inspiration! However, I noticed just skimming this page, that y''all sure do talk about food a lot!
2.gif

Rod, I just wanted to say that I didn''t know you had left Raleigh! After hearing about your condo in Tampa (and I recall the pictures from last year), I can''t say as I blame you a bit! But I''m sorry we didn''t have a chance to meet the one time I went to Raleigh during the time you lived there. I wish you luck in finding the perfect new job! (What field of work are you in?)
I have spent the last 20 years working in the technical staffing world. My primary strengths are in National Recruiting Management and Large Scale Contract Management. If you know of anything I might consider, please let me know. In the meantime, I do also regret not being able to have met when you were in the area. Perhaps you''ll make it to Tampa sometime?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Kimberly! I just remembered one postive thing I can post tonight. I ran to Walmart tonight to pick up a few things, and I bought some sugar-free hard candy for when I have a sweet-attack!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
we have an SLK but it is now 6 years old. I am so excited for you if you get one of the new SLK's; I would want a Silver one. In fact I was talking about it the other day with my hubby that I love the new ones!!!!
Very exciting!!!
31.gif
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2007 10:43:11 PM
Author: Rod

I have spent the last 20 years working in the technical staffing world. My primary strengths are in National Recruiting Management and Large Scale Contract Management. If you know of anything I might consider, please let me know. In the meantime, I do also regret not being able to have met when you were in the area. Perhaps you''ll make it to Tampa sometime?
I''d think your experience would be very valuable, Rod. I''ll be watching for conferences in the Tampa area for sure!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2007 10:53:40 PM
Author: Skippy123
Rod,
we have an SLK but it is now 6 years old. I am so excited for you if you get one of the new SLK''s; I would want a Silver one. In fact I was talking about it the other day with my hubby that I love the new ones!!!!
Very exciting!!!
31.gif
31.gif
Thanks Skippy........we actually had SL500''s before moving from Tampa to Raleigh, and then believing we were living in a northern climate, we traded them in on E350''s. We don''t want to spend as much as the SL costs, so we thought the SLK would be a fun car. We had SLK''s in 1998 and then again in 2001, so we really like them. The color we''re most inclined to get is black with red interior or red with black. We''ve had too many silver SLK''s and just want something different.

Thanks again.........Rod

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep DS we love our food!! it's mostly about loving food and balancing workouts with good diet and sometimes splurging around here.

i got the latest Womens Health mag today (i am so subscribing, love this mag) and they had an interesting article about how your weight can go up and down a few lbs..and here are a few reasons why..so next time you go 'oh man i'm up suddenly'..it doesn't mean you really gained weight!! i didn't know about the first one, third or fourth! kinda interesting.

--Downing 16 oz of any fluid can cause an immediate 'gain' of 1 lb.
--Constipation can tilt the scale by as much as 2 lbs if it's been more than a couple of days.
--The changes in air pressure (aka during a long flight) can make you return water on flights longer than 4 hours which can show up as an extra 1-3lbs on the scale.
--Have a salty dinner and you could wake up 2-3 lbs heavier due to the retained water from the sodium.
--Hormone fluctuations in the 3 days up to TTOTM can make you retain up to 5 lbs in water.

dinner tonite was YUMMY...i got the cheeseburger with no mayo and american cheese...put my mustard and ketchup on, and lots of onion, yum. the three of us shared a basket of fries (typically greg and i share so that was good) and then we got the fried zucchini appetizer which is pretty smallish, i think i had 4 of them...but i am a total ranch whore so i dipped both fries and zucchini hehe. tonite when we got home it was later than we thought so we just watched some TV..i brewed some hot green tea and we shared a dark marshmallow egg and a small 100 cal brownie wedge. now it's almost time for bed..i'm so tired!!

kimberly...we use our tub a lot...during the winter it is almost every weekend. we adore it..it was part of what we loved about this house.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I reeeeally need to join this thread, but I haven't due to the fact that I do NOT workout!
9.gif
However, I do need to get serious about losing a few pounds that have crept up on me, so maybe I'll stop in here for some inspiration! However, I noticed just skimming this page, that y'all sure do talk about food a lot!
2.gif
lol I don't work out either.
9.gif

But I DO walk. Do you have a treadmill? Just watching what you eat, and doing a good walk 3-5 times a week can yield results.
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeks don''t worry - I didn''t always work out when I was posting in this thread, you make it whatever you want to be and we are glad to have you join us.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ok, it''s about time that I join up with this thread as well since I''ve been lurking when I get the chance for a while now!

So... basically, 3rd year of med school has not been kind to my eating or workout habits. I started with ob/gyn, putting in some crazy hours (getting up at 4 am and getting home at 7 or 8 pm, collapsing and doing it again the next day!). I think the lack of sleep wasn''t good for my metabolism either. Annnnnd we had free food there and my residents were constantly wanting us to have "team snack." ugh. So that started by downward spiral. And it''s just been crazy stressful too... trying to get good grades, because I am planning on going into a really competitive field. I''ve been stress eating. I know that, and I know it when I am doing it too. So I''ve been trying to STOP and think about whether or not I am actually hungry, or stressed, or bored.

The workouts have been on and off as well, depending on my schedule. I just don''t know how I can fit in workouts when working 14 or 15 hour days- just don''t have it in me. But my schedule for the rest of the year should not be too terrible and I should be able to workout regularly.

So I''m up now about 9 pounds from what I was a year ago at this time. 9 pounds is a lot on my 5''1" frame! And ummm a lot of my clothes are TOO TIGHT. plenty of my pants I can''t wear at all, b/c I pretty much put on weight in the hips/thighs exclusively. And that''s not really a good look either- tiny waist and big old legs haha.

AND my wedding is July 1!! Fittings are coming soooooooon and it''s about damn time I just take off these extra pounds and be done with it. Though I will be ok with it if I don''t lose back down to my "normal weight" by the wedding- I just want to get as close as possible. 5 pounds by then would make a huge difference. So I''m going to give it my best and see what happens. I don''t weigh a lot now, so these are mostly vanity pounds which are the hardest to take off.

So I''m here, and I hope you ladies will make sure I stay on top of my crap and not let being busy become an excuse!

today I''m off to do my one hour on my nordic track thing- I stole it from my parents a couple years ago! It''s great for me, b/c I have bad knees after years of abuse as a figure skater and it''s in my apartment which is absolutely necessary when my schedule gets crazy. And I can watch tv too, which always makes the time go by faster.

I''ll start posting weights/ measurements on Wed like everyone else does. You guys are totally inspiring and I hope you can work your magic on me too
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Jeannine and Icekid!

Mara, I''m so glad to see the blurb about a salty dinner possilbiy adding 2-3 pounds becuase we went out to Chinese with a bunch of friends last night and the scale said I was 2.5 lbs heavier this morning than yesterday!
6.gif
The Demon was free to have as long an uninterrupted drink out of the toilet as he wanted because there was no happy dance going on in my bathroom today, LOL.

Rod, can''t wait to see pics of your new car! I say go for RED!!! If you''re gonna do a convertable you might as well go whole hog!

Kimberly, don''t worry, I''m sure you did great on your tests and you''ll be one happy camper come May 14.

So I''m beginning to think my chest pain is more lung realted than heart related. Yesterday I got the hiccups twice and every time my chest would expand with the "hic" I would have a pain. Also, on the way home last night I yawned a few times and every time got the pain. Hmmm... lung problem vs. heart problem... not sure if that''s good or bad!

I''ve got an open house from 1-3 and then I''m taking a client out so my goal is to get enough good snacks in the car that I''m not digging around in the box of "provisions" (mini oreao, fritos, potato chips, candy, etc.) that I have in the back seat for my clients. Yesterday I reached a moment of despair and then I remembered a 100 cal pack of cheese nips that I had stashed in the glove compartment. Whew!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, icekid! Here''s my tidbit of advice to you (I never thought I''d be saying this 4 months ago....) calorie count. It really has been key for so many of us. It''s all about knowing what you''re putting in to your body.

How are you feeling, DeeJay?

I can''t get over the guilt about wasting water, Mara. After I walked in the 3Day I did spend about an hour in the tub reading a book, but it''s the only time I''ve felt justified in filling it up.

I was sound asleep by about 8:30 last night. I so needed a good night of rest. Today is a take it easy day. We''re going to hang out close to home and I''m going to relax. I''ll workout this morning, but that''s about all I have planned.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
welcome to the new posters! also sending fairy dust to all the house-sellers! rod, it''s nice to hear you sound so happy at last! kimberly, i am sure you did great on your exams!

there''s been lots of good, healthy home cooking this weekend. i took another bread baking class yesterday, and came home with lots of wonderful fresh baguettes last night. so we had some with sauteed shrimp and salad for dinner last night, and then this morning i made really great "french toast waffles" from cooking light that also used the baguette. you slice the bread and soak it in an egg/milk mixture like regular french toast, but then cook it in the waffle iron. it got nice and crispy this way, yum! i''d invited a number of friends to come share breakfast since i had so much bread to use up, so i got fancy and made a homemade mixed berry syrup to go with the french toast. everyone loved it.

yesterday i got in an hour on the elliptical before my class, and this afternoon i''m planning a ~3mile hike if the weather cooperates.

have a good one!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 1:21:35 AM
Author: Mara
yep DS we love our food!! it's mostly about loving food and balancing workouts with good diet and sometimes splurging around here.

i got the latest Womens Health mag today (i am so subscribing, love this mag) and they had an interesting article about how your weight can go up and down a few lbs..and here are a few reasons why..so next time you go 'oh man i'm up suddenly'..it doesn't mean you really gained weight!! i didn't know about the first one, third or fourth! kinda interesting.

--Downing 16 oz of any fluid can cause an immediate 'gain' of 1 lb.
--Constipation can tilt the scale by as much as 2 lbs if it's been more than a couple of days.
--The changes in air pressure (aka during a long flight) can make you return water on flights longer than 4 hours which can show up as an extra 1-3lbs on the scale.
--Have a salty dinner and you could wake up 2-3 lbs heavier due to the retained water from the sodium.
--Hormone fluctuations in the 3 days up to TTOTM can make you retain up to 5 lbs in water.
Wow, That info is soooooo helpful!!! When I travel I think I have a few of those things going on. Whenever I would go on trips I always thought I gainged like 4-7 lbs and then a few days after I got home I would go back to my regular weight. That always stumped me; I would tell friends I gained 7 lbs, and say "just watch I will lose it in a couple of days." They always looked at me weird but I am glad there is something written saying it DOES HAPPEN. Sssseh, I knew what I was talking about. LOL

Thanks again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome icekid...just by lurking you most likely know much of what we talk about on here, and if you have seen my new work schedule coupled with portia pickup and workouts, i am sooo busy during the weeks now but i always make time for workouts. i think one of the best tips i have ever read re: workouts in a mag or anything was to make it ''choiceless''...aka schedule it in and do not bail on it. make it like a JOB for you. would you call into a job and say you don''t want to come in today? nope. well hopefully not very often. hahaa. it''s the same with workouts. and i always feel better after i do it.

and yes walking is a workout!! in fact i am considering doing one entire week of just walking and weights, and nixing gym cardio to see what happens to my body. this is what the 2 trainers i talked to a week ago suggested but not sure WHAT it will do exactly. i won''t burn as many cals for sure but after reading into things a little more, my body may not be getting much benefit out of the cardio now that i have been doing the same thing for like 3 months now. so if i am burning less anyway and my body is not really paying attn to it, why not try something different for a week esp as i am maintaining. so we''ll see. i am supposed to do cardio today at the gym but it''s sooo pretty out and after the rain yesterday i am thinking maybe just a 4m walk. i dunno, gotta think about it.

breakfast this morning is 10 grain pancakes with blueberries, used real butter on the griddle and sugar free syrup with some cinnamon sprinkled on them. REALLY GOOD. i made a serving and a half (i used Bob''s Mill 10 Grain Pancake and Waffle Mix from WF) with egg whites only and 1/2 the oil, and fat free milk and a bit of water to loosen up the batter. the whole recipe netted 8 4-5" pancakes, so 4 for us each which is just enough to get you nice and full, and the total was only 320 cals for each serving without syrup. greg got his high cal maple and i used sf for 20 cals. but honestly the pancakes were pretty moist from the milk and the blueberries so i really didn''t need hardly any syrup! it was awesome. plus i just love how 10 grain or multigrain anything tastes, the texture is so awesome, that i really enjoyed them. oh and i think 5g of fiber and like 9g of protein. so i should be powered for a while now, whatever workout i decide to do!!

this afternoon we''ll just do some light snacks and then dinner tonite is us grilling at home still, i think. we didn''t get to do the tub last nite so we are hoping for tonite. kimberly...hehe i often don''t feel guilty about much, especially since i pay the water bill so i am like ''fill er up!''
3.gif

DJ and skippy, yeah i was glad to see that some random things can cause the scale to shoot up since i know there are times when i am like 130 and then the next day literally i''m 132.5 and i am like whaaa??? and then 2 days later back at 130.5 or whatever. so my ''comfort zone'' accounting for retention or similar is like 130-133 and as long as i don''t go out of that i am good.

happy sunday all!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2007 8:39:42 AM
Author: Ellen

9.gif
2.gif
lol I don''t work out either.
9.gif

But I DO walk. Do you have a treadmill? Just watching what you eat, and doing a good walk 3-5 times a week can yield results.
28.gif
Okay, I am going to have to get a treadmill. Realistically, walking is what I see myself able to commit to. Now to figure out where to put the treadmill!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2007 9:30:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Seeks don''t worry - I didn''t always work out when I was posting in this thread, you make it whatever you want to be and we are glad to have you join us.
Thank you, Lorelei and others for the welcome! I need to focus on something besides bling (because that is really too expensive!)! I really think my bad eating habits happened because I have been too busy and we just pick up bad food too often. I was skinny virtually my whole life with no effort up until the last 5 years or so, and without my really paying attention, I gained 25 or 30 pounds. I am sure a lot of it is hormonal changes and I just don''t have the luxury of eating everything I want in any quantity anymore. I am hoping to cut back on work next year which will allow me to get my whole life more in balance.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome DS2006 and Icekid!!! Okay I walked around my neighborhood and use to do that all the time. I live by a golf course and the fun thing about walking around where I live is that I find golf balls! I found 2 just now. I think I did 3.5 miles.
I wonder what the chance of me being hit by a ball would be. Eeeek! Have a wonderful Sunday; my hubby is making burgers on the grill and I have some wonderful Tropical suntea going. Thanks all
35.gif

KimberlyH keep us posted on your exams! I am sure you did awesome!!!!
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey Skippy, I get the results on May 14th, I''ll let you all know then. Thanks for the encouraging words!

I am having a totally lazy day, which I really needed. It feels good to just hang out.

Mara, I never even thought about the water bill, I was thinking about water conservation. I wish you could rub some of your non-guilty way of thinking off on me!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, ladies! It''s much appreciated
9.gif

Kimberley- totally with you on the cal counting. I''ve been on board with that for a while now. The only real problem is eating at work, which I try to avoid since I don''t know what it is. But then everyone seems to think I''m weird...
20.gif
oh well!

DJ- about your chest pain.. if you''re noticing that it''s associated with breathing, I think it''s much more likely lung related than heart. Maybe a little "chest wall syndrome" which is basically muscular pain... esp w/ yawning and the hiccups.

Mara- I''ve been around enough to have caught on to the fage rage! I loooooove the stuff. I just wish it was not quite so pricey! But I''ll suck it up and buy it anyway b/c it''s so worth it. What a find! I think you are right about just making my workout part of my daily schedule, no option to leave it out. Unfortunately med school is a lot of work (who knew?!
2.gif
) and my lack of free time is not about to change anytime soon. So taking care of my body is just going to have to fit into my new life.

I think walking can be a nice adjunct to losing weight too! When it''s nice out (not lately), I''ve been taking our little pooch Kaji on a fast two mile walk. She loves it, and it nets me some extra cal burn too. Where is spring in the NE this year??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome DS, icekid and jeannine.

DS, this thread is a lot about food b/c that''s really what can really make or break your weight and fitness goals. We also love to find healthy good for you ways to make our favorite normally high fat foods to really keep eating enjoyable which it always should be. anyway, so glad to have you all here.

so we went to the gym and I did the treadmill for something different then we took the girls swimming which is always a blast.

hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to our new members. Hope you stick around and enjoy the motivation this thread provides!

Today was just another wonderful day in paradise! The cold front ripped through about 9:30 this morning. That's one of the nice things about Florida. Instead of a whole day of gloomy weather and rain up north when a front comes through, fronts last about 2 hours and then they're gone through the state, the sun comes out and it get's breezy. We rarely if ever have an entirely rainy day (hurricanes excepted of course). By the time coffee was ready and we'd cut up fresh fruit, we were able to have our breakfast on the terrace and enjoy the view of the bay.

We went to the gym this afternoon and had great workouts. I love our gym in Tampa. The equipment is just top notch and everything's so well maintained and clean. We ran into more people we hadn't seen in months, so our workout was a bit longer with the chatting between sets, but it was fun.

Then we went to our favorite family owned grocery store and I bought some huge steamed shrimp for an appetizer, plus filets, fresh silver queen corn on the cob and some home cooked collard greens (with ham) so yummy. We came home and I fired up our grill on our terrace, Charlie had a glass of wine and I had a Molson as we watched runners, bikers, walkers and skaters on Bayshore. Then a Carnival Cruise Ship sailed by as the sun was shining so brightly on the bay. For the first time in 5 months, I grilled filets on my own grill on my own terrace and it was just a wonderful meal to say the least. Then after dinner, we put on sweatshirts (it's actually chilly here tonight) and we walked 2 miles up Bayshore Boulevard to the nearest Starbucks and had coffee and our Lindt Dark Chocolate for dessert and then walked the 2 miles back home. This coupled with the 7 miles I did on the elliptical today made for a good and healthy day. It's just like it was before we left and I couldn't be happier.

Some of you may recall that I had become a runner before going to Raleigh, but hadn't been for a run since going there. That will all change tomorrow. I'm going to go for my first run on Bayshore in five months. I'm sure I won't be able to run as far as I had been before going, but I'm hoping to run at least 3 miles. I'll give it a few days rest (to avoid shin splints) and then run again on Friday (hopefully at least 4 miles). I want to get back to being able run up to 8 miles as soon as I can. I so enjoyed running, but there just wasn't anything as convenient as we have here in Tampa. I'll let you know how my run goes tomorrow.

Now, we're going to settle in with kitties on our laps and watch Desperate Housewives. All-in-all a picture perfect day.

I hope you all had as nice a day as we did!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod,

I just wanted to tell you, and Charlie of course!, how evident it is that you are so thrilled to be back home, safe and sound, and how thrilled I am for both of you.

Kimberly

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Kimberly. Neither of us can believe our good fortune to be home again. I won''t take this for granted ever again!! Thanks again!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy sunday evening everyone! today was a great day for us...after breakfast we relaxed at home for a bit then we went for a walk over to the library. it''s typically about 2.5 miles round trip but i can find ways to make things longer hehe. so we ended up doing 4 miles total...and it was a really nice sunny day, a little windy in spots but we had a good time...we brought portia too. greg is so funny, he doesn''t love to walk like i do, but when he comes out with me at first he tends to be like ''this isn''t going to be very long right'' but then once we are doing it, he doesn''t mind going farther and farther. so it''s fun. i was going to the gym today but i decided to just do the walk and then i also did 250 jumping jacks as well. i also decided to do more walking this week than cardio..so i am walking 5x this week and only going to the gym 2x. should be a fun mixup i think. and at the gym i might try a new machine or something.

came back home and had turkey wraps for lunch and then he sat on the patio while i did some garden cleanup outside. the garden is looking great, it''s so awesome to see everything...the bulbs bloomed last month and into this month and now my roses are about to bloom so i am so excited, the spring days and first flush of roses is always the biggest and best. during our walk we decided to go and get italian tonight at this local place we really like but haven''t been to in a really long time. we love their mussels...so we shared that (and sopped up sauce with the bread, yum), and then i had this mushroom fusilli dish with shiitake and portabello mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, corn, and fusilli in a marsala sauce with a bit of cream. i asked them to go lighter on the cream and they did a great job. it was really yummy. i ate 1/2 of the pasta and brought the rest home for dinner tomorrow. i was so tempted to get dessert as they had a bunch of yummy favorites (chocolate mousse, bread pudding, tiramisu) but i just thought about the stuff we have here at home and forwent...yay for small victories lol. we will probably have something here at home...like a brownie wedge or gelato for dessert. so now we are watching some TV (sopranos) and relaxing before bed.

lol kimberly...i have never really been one for too much guilt...life is too short, gotta enjoy life right? rod so happy to hear you guys are loving life again in tampa...!! mrs salvo sounds like you guys had a great day, you hit the nail on the head with the way we all like to think here hehee. skippy kudos on walking today!! icekid, join the FAA club lol. i need to get more tomorrow at WF.
2.gif

anyway hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results