shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th May till 13th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
that''s great you gusy are getting bikes! we always ride our bikes during the weekend....I love riding by the beach, that''s my favorite! it''s so relaxing!!!. I got my bike at a specialty store but it was super doscounted! you can also ask for discounts, so don''t think you have to pay full price, it is negotiable ;-) . Mine was like $280 I think, but it is a great bike for that price!!!. I think Greg will love that gift!

Thanks for aksing about my arm!. well, I still get some sharp pains there sometimes, I think is just some nerves that are still in recovery mode. As far as physically, it is about 90% healed...not esthetically (sp?) is just an ugly mark....they didn''t do a good job at the ER with the stitches, so it didn''t heal nicely at all.....I''ve never had keloids and this is is definitely forming one!!.....I think because there was some skin missing (sorry if TMI), the couldn''t stitch it like a stright line. I think in November or so I will go back to the plastic surgeon to see if there is anything they can do before the wedding. I think they will most likely have to "redo" the scar. Kind of a pain to get stitches again, but I rather do that than have this ugly thing in my arm...specially now that they''re getting all toned up again!

You guys sound like you will have a great mother''s day! I''m just spending it with FI and his mom.....all these family holidays are always tough on me...specially as I get older. When I moved from Venezuela I was 17, at that age your mind is all over the place so you don''t realize what it means to not have your family around you. I can''t even imagine how it will feel once we start having kids!....I think I would do whatever it takes to have my mom move here!!

Happy Happy Friday!!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww merrijoy, sorry to hear about your furbaby, she was precious!!!.

I''m the same way...I got a schanuzer and I think that''s where my heart is now, I just luv ''em!. Mine is not a big barker either (thank God)...until he sees a squirrel or bird (ok, or lizzard), though the window. He is just so funny because you can tell he''s just dying to get out there and chase them away!! ;-)

Sounds like you had a good workout week!!!. I did too, besides the daily walks with my furbaby:

Sunday: Rollerblading, 45 minutes, ab work 20 minutes
Monday: Rumba Class (cardio), 1 hour
Tuesday: Boot camp (cardio/toning), 1.5 hours
Wednesday: Half of the step class (mostly toning) and Rumba (1.5 hours total)
Thursday: Boot camp (cardio/toning), 1.5 hours
Friday: OFF!!!! woooohoooo
Plan for Saturday and Sunday: biking or rollerblading...

The question now is...what to have for lunch!!
9.gif

M~

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 10:56:17 AM
Author: Mandarine
aww merrijoy, sorry to hear about your furbaby, she was precious!!!.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Good job with your workouts this week!

M

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All

Of to do yardwork; it is hubby''s day off and he wants to trim the bushes and get rid of crap so of course this will be a fun filled dusty dirty day for me
14.gif

Catch you later after I have showered!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hey deejay---awesome that you are healthy!!!
36.gif

mara--happy anniversary!
emcocktl.gif
what are you getting? i can''t wait to see. why can''t you live under the bridge, with the 7c honker it could double as a table too.

i didn''t get to post here yesterday, but i did get a nice walking workout in and a delicious healthy dinner. i had grilled lemon pepper chicken over brown rice with broccoli on the side. it was really tasty. there are no leftovers...boo
39.gif
i had a bowl of cheerios for breakfast and lunch was modgepodge--a fiberone bar, wheat thins, cashews, and a green tea. all in all a great workout and eating day.

today has started out good...so far a fiberone bar for breakfast(i''m not a breakfast in the morning person--i like to eat it for dinner
26.gif
). i''m going to do a pilates workout in a half hour and then have tuna on wheat thins for lunch. dinner every friday is pizza with my inlaws and tonight my brother in law and his new gf are coming as well. should be interesting since we''re meeting her for the first time.

tomorrow i''m going to little italy for dinner to a family style restaurant. it is the yummiest place. i''m so excited!!

happy friday all!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt'ers! i am back from my conference in san francisco - it was great and i had lots of fun in the city, but i am happy to be home. i did much better with not overeating after the first day, but i'm still totally sick of eating out. i managed to work out for at least 30 minutes most of the days i was there, so i only gained about half a pound, which i'm not worried about at all - i'm sure it will go away now that i'm back to my healthier home habits.

i have the day off work today since we worked all through last weekend. i got up and went to the gym to do an hour on the elliptical. it's so nice to be back on my regular elliptical machine - they had 2 different kinds at the hotel gym and i didn't find either of them particularly natural or comfortable. so far i've had a pumpkin muffin for breakfast, tj's black bean and corn enchiladas for lunch, and a string cheese as a snack. i'm meeting a friend for happy hour this evening, and i'm planning to have a glass of wine, steamed mussels, and a small salad.

i got something new at trader joe's today - they have an organic mango spread that i thought might be similar to the mango butter, and it's much cheaper, only $1.99. so i got some of that to try out in my fage, i'll report back once i try it.

i haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread yet, but i hope everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to a nice weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merrijoy, everytime I see your avatar it makes me SMILE; your dog is so cute. I love how her little head is tilted.
12.gif

Kimberly I am so sorry. You have a huge heart; the school should not allow that behavior. Wow, I am sorry. Your trip is soon
31.gif

Mara, a bike sounds awesome. Hubby and I love riding our bikes; it is like being a kid again when I ride my bike. hehehe

Rod, karma
2.gif
YUMMO, Sushi!!! Charlie sounds like a sweetie pie.

Manderine, we are having a barbecue in our backyard for my mom and dad and sister, bil, and baby! It will be so much fun; relaxing and eating. I am sorry you don''t get to be with your mom. I hope you get to talk to her over the phone!

Hubby and I did crazy yard work; we took 2 truck loads of branches and grass to the dump. Our yard looks so awesome; it makes both of us happy. We usually pay someone to do this but hubby wanted to do it for some reason. It turned out to be kind of fun and good exercise. I will be going walking tonight.

TGIF!!!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday afternoon all!

Rod, Skippy and Ellen, these boys are so low functioning being physical is often their only means of communication and they are often as harmful to themselves as they are to others; that is definitely the case with this boy (who also hits himself in the head much of the day). It''s quite common for autistic children to act out physically and these classrooms are exclusively autistic, in part, for that reason. If the school had to remove every child who behaved as he does the classrooms would be empty. One boy pinches others when he gets excited, he''s not trying to hurt he''s just craving sensory and that''s how he fulfills the need. He is an absolute doll, actually my favorite to work with, but boy can he pinch! It is truly such a rewarding experience for me, and all of the other teachers/aides I have the priveldge of working with, I feel so lucky to get to do what I do.

On the workout front, I''m going to hop on the elliptical for a while before I get in the shower and we go out to dinner. It''s teacher appreciation week and I abstained from eating any of the crap that the PTA provided for lunch (including a chocolate fountain for dipping strawberries, cream puff, etc.). YAY ME!

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday evening!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 5:36:45 PM
Author: Skippy123
Merrijoy, everytime I see your avatar it makes me SMILE; your dog is so cute. I love how her little head is tilted.
12.gif
Thank you. You brought tears to my eyes. She was so cute when you would say "You Wanna?" and her head would twist both ways. I thought she would twist it off. Oh, how I miss her so.

Have a good evening.

M

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 6:35:05 PM
Author: merrijoy

Date: 5/11/2007 5:36:45 PM
Author: Skippy123
12.gif
Thank you. You brought tears to my eyes. She was so cute when you would say ''You Wanna?'' and her head would twist both ways. I thought she would twist it off. Oh, how I miss her so.

Have a good evening.

M
HA HA Portia''s head does this too!

All we have to say is ''You wanna'' and her head cocks back and forth....we sometimes mess around with her by putting random things on the end of the sentence like ''wash the laundry'' and she''d just cock her head the other way. But if you say ''go for a walk'' or ''go for a ride'' or whatever on the end of the You Wanna, she''d start with her little three-bark ... sooo cute. Gotta love em!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday everyone!

Dee, I am glad you are going to live! Whew!

Rod, I have been meaning to tell you that your post last week on the perils of rollerblading absolutely cracked me up! So true and why sometimes I''d rather run than blade.

Mara, your post earlier this week definitely strikes a cord with me. I also went from a 10 to a 2 about 4 years ago. But I always still felt like I had this tummy. Now I look back on pics and obviously I was on drugs.

Anyway, I did fab last week on exercise. 3 hours of pilates and three 5 mile runs. Food however, was a different manner. Went something like this:

Tuesday - date night since I had not seen my husband all weekend. Pasta. Damn.
Wednesday. No food in house. Hell, let''s have another date night. Japanese ramen, double damn.
Thursday - hubby is cooking for me, whoo hoo! Healthy veggie stir fry. Phone rings in the middle of TGuy cooking. Friend absolutely INSISTS (will not take no for an answer) that he is making some kick ass food and we need to come over. He is a great cook, so we go and have half a burger and some lamb. UGH!
Friday- Girl''s night out. Damn damn damn...but lots of vodka lessens the pain.
Saturday, party at a friends.

So, as you can see...horrible! Sunday I come down with the worst flu I have an in awhile. No exercise this week...but I haven''t eaten much due to loss of appetite. Think it balances out?
1.gif

So I did pilates today and also saw that lean cuisines were deeply discounted at the market so I bought some. Never had them before and they are not awful. May need to eat a few of these for awhile to combat the fact I don''t want to cook.

Also taking up golf lessons again. Did an hour today, so that must burn a calorie or two.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hopefully next week I can exercise AND eat well!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merrijoy, I know how incredible the love is between us and our animals and I can see how you truly loved your schnauzer. I''m sorry for your loss. I also know we think we can never open our hearts wide enough to let another animal in, but I''m betting you were wonderful parents and just think about this wonderful animal out there who is not receiving the love you surely can offer. So, let your heart open wide and invite another critter into your lives and home. You''ll be glad you did.

TG, thanks for mentioning my little skating tyrade. It does tick me off how inconsiderate people can be around skaters. So sorry about your flu and hope you''re feeling better soon.

So, I did about 20 minutes of core this afternoon at the gym, then I did a VERY intense 45 minutes on the elliptical. But it felt great. The smoke down here is just awful. While we''re several hundred miles from the fire, the atmosphere is trapping the smoke and it''s traveling to our neck of the woods and just hanging around like a nasty blanket. Ugh......it even smells like fire and ashes are falling from the sky and landing on our cars and terraces, etc. It''s really weird. They''re saying it will be particularly bad in the early morning hours tomorrow, then the breezes should help out in the afternoon. Still, it''s odd and there was virtually no one out running today as they kept saying how unhealthy the air was due to the smoke. The rainy season can''t start soon enough..........
14.gif

Our Sushi dinner was just wonderful and of course we followed it up with coffee under our oak tree at Starbucks. It''s always fun to people watch at this Starbucks!

Tomorrow morning we have our training session, which means our trainer will do everything he can to kick out butts for an entire hour. I guess, I''d better get to bed so I''m rested for our session.

Cya tomorrow!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

We had a very induldgent evening of Mexican food. I ate 1/2 a Chimichunga, I haven''t had one in years, most of my beans and a bit of rice. It was so yummy!

Today is an exercise day. We''re having friends over for dinner so the house needs cleaned and i need to figure out what we''re having for dessert. John is making grilled swordfish and pork, a green salad and grilled corn for dinner.

Merrijoy, I just reread your post and I''m so sorry for your loss.

Hope everyone has a great day.

~K

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy saturday all!

well so my calf woke me this morning with a spasming charley-horse which was sooo painful. greg massaged it out for me, but my calf is still sore when i walk. that coupled with the fact that last nite my right hip joint seemed really sore all evening last nite, makes me think i need to take today off from working out. which is kind of funny because i literally have not taken a day off from some type of activity in about 1.5 months! so ya think maybe my body needs a rest?? hahah. i told greg jokingly that my body was breaking down. i''d prefer to take a day off when i am not about to go consume a 2500 calorie dinner tonite, but oh well. though i do have a pilates DVD i have been dying to try and that is pretty low-impact and mostly works my abs and upper trunk so i might go ahead and pop that in this afternoon and do some toning. but nothing impactful i guess!! boo hoo as the day is really nice and i''d love to go for a long walk as scheduled!!

so greg and i are going to get a pair of bicycles today for our anniversary (my gift to him) for us to extend our range of excursions without having to drive...i am pretty excited, he doesn''t know yet so it''ll be fun for him to go ''hmmm why are we going to target''...haha. i saw online they have a good range of recognizable brand names that we''d feel comfortable with but not too pricey, and since these are just for weekend rides, i don''t want to bust the bank open...so we''ll see what we find!! i also got him a wine journal and a few anniversary cards (we are one of those multiple card couples, typically one cute and one funny).

anyhow, last nite i hit the gym up after work and did 375 cals in 45 minutes, i was cut short on time since i had to get to the market and pick up a few staples and then rush home, shower and run out the door (literally!!) to make greg''s concert at 8pm. it was sold out so i had to stand along with like 40 other people for an hour and a half!! my poor muscles were so tired, so i ended up sitting for half the time but then i couldn''t see anything, it was an amazing concert (carmina burana) so i really was disappointed it was such a not great experience but oh well. they sounded fabulous and the chorale singing was amazing. afterwards we met back at home and i made our TJ pizzas for us with lots of extra garlic and a little extra cheese and red pepper. then we had a bit of the Vosges red fire chocolate and watched a few shows then went to bed. we were both pretty tired. and i think that stint of sitting on the hard tile floor of the church really kind of did in my right hip joint after working out or something. it was def sore last nite. and i don''t want to get water in the joint or anything weird that might put me out of commission for longer than just a day so i guess i should take it easy today. but even though my workout was a little shorter yesterday, i did get 2 walks in during the day and then last nite i had to park far and walk to greg''s concert so that was like another 1/2 mile total i think. so i was very active yesterday...probably another reason my legs are like ''we''re done, check please!''

i was proud of myself last nite because i was thinking ''oh after this we should def go out and have a fab dinner because the concert was such a hassle to get into, so we deserve it''... but then i thought, well we are going out sat and sunday so tonite is supposed to be chill and i shouldn''t just think i can add another splurge in ''just because'' it feels deserved. i so get into that mind frame then totally blow what the original plan was then feel disappointed when we go out and i end up having a big meal and dessert i didn''t plan on and really didn''t NEED kinda thing. so i am trying to kind of reality check myself when i get into those moods. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''tm but last nite it worked. hehee. so i was really glad in the end that we stuck to the plan,came home and just had the yummy pizza and the chocolate as planned and it was all good. and i have been maintaining according to the scale and measuring tape and my clothes so i am really happy with that!

so today we are eating super light to prepare ourselves for the foodgasm La Fondue tonite...i just had a 1/2 a fage with splenda, blueberries, 1/3 cup fiber one and cinnamon all mixed together, and some coffee. snack/lunch later will probably be fiber one with milk or crunchy corn bran with milk and then later just some plain roasted turkey breast. i am trying to get a bunch of fiber in today because we are going to be eating SO much protein tonite that i hope the pre-loading on the fiber will help the digestive process later!

anyhow i will report back on the pilates DVD if i do it and hope everyone is gearing up for or is having a fabulous saturday!!! whee it''s our anniversary!
5.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning all.

so, a friend was going to meet me this morning to go on the hike at the park and it stormed last night which would mean way too much mud for us and Zoe. So, I met up with her and we walked our neighborhood and then a new walking trail around the golf course up the street. neither of us brought a watch or phone, we just walked and talked and we finally got home almost 2 hours later. It was so fun, perfect weather and Zoe was exhausted by the time we got home. My hubby asked me what I did to her b/c she was passed out on the floor all morning. I made the Cooking Light Orange Cranberry Muffins which were so yummy and a huge hit. We had a light lunch and tonight my sister and her hubby or coming over for dinner and I''m making Mara''s famous Lasagna..I cannot wait..yummo!!

hope everyone has a great day!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Rod, Kimberly, Skippy and Mandarine for your good wishes about my lost love. She was just precious. Rod, we are leaning heavily on getting another one; however, I just have much more free time now to work out, etc. I believe that if you have a dog, you should spend time with them. I am more able to get up and go now and not have to worry about running home to feed, walk, etc. I know some people who don't care and leave their dogs home alone all day and way into the evenings and I don't want to do that. But my life just seems a bit more about me right now, which is good. I know it gets even harder to have your life about you once you have children, so maybe another dog would be a good stepping stone, ha! I have already spoken to a breeder and hopefully 2 of her girls will be pregnant soon. Fingers crossed.

Mara, I don't think Shayna waited to hear the end of "You Wanna". We did the same trick - "You Wanna (pause) do laundry?" and her head went crazy and she got so excited! She was my laundry buddy. She would climb on top of the piles of clothes or on the blanket or pillows when you took them off the bed. She was a trip and we have so many pictures to show for it!!!

Workout today - 40 minutes weights and abs (core) and 45 minutes on the treadclimber. My legs are getting sorer and I may need to row tomorrow.

Mandarine, do you mind if I ask are you in Broward, Dade or Palm Beach county?

Have a good day all.

M

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Happy Saturday. Merrijoy I just reread your post too; I am so sorry for you loss. I am glad you have wonderful thoughts of your adorable dog that you hold so near and dear to your heart.

Yeah for workout day Kimberly. Mara I do want to hear how the dvd turns out and have a wonderful dinner. MrSS I love hiking; sounds like you had an awesome workout!!! Rod hope the fires die down; yucko for bad breathing air. Hope you Feel better Traveling Gal.

My sister and I went walking and I pushed my baby nephew in the baby jogger! It was quite the workout. I am going to go shopping for tomorrow''s barbecue. I can''t wait!!!! The weather is so beautiful in NM. I am going to put out the hummingbird feeder and our yard is ready for tomorrow. I want to plant some pretty flowers to make it pretty for my mom
12.gif

All the mom''s here have an awesome MOTHER''s DAY!!!! You deserve the best.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!!!
35.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
i''m still here!..not that anyone cares b/c i haven''t posted in ages. but i have a silly (dejay) question and maybe someone knows the answer. if you rub something into your skin, it can find its way into your system, right? what about oils? sometimes my skin gets so dry that i just rub olive oil into it (especially my feet and hands, sometimes my legs), and i wonder if this finds its way into my bloodstream or something.

well, i''ve started running again and it really made a big difference. not that i''ve lost that much weight...i''ve sort of accepted my body as is and given up hope of ever being a size 2. but running has made me tone up more. so when i started reading/posting on wwt in january i was at an all-time high weight of 149. when i stopped posting a few months ago i was at 143-144, and now, after running for almost 1 month, i''m at 141-142. so at 5''9" that''s okay, i was just hoping to get down to my college weight of 135ish.

3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First let me say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARA AND GREG!! You are now likely at the Fondue restaurant and I hope you guys have a fantabulous evening. Plus you''ll have to finally say what the bauble is when you get a chance, but hopefully, with a little romance, you won''t be writing about your evening tonight.
28.gif
31.gif
I hope Greg enjoyed shopping for the bikes!

Sounds like a wonderful walk there Mrssalvo. And Skippy, I hope you enjoyed your exercise with the baby stroller and the barbeque turns out fabu too!

It''s been an interesting almost 24 hours. Last night after signing off, I wound down with the news and then we went to bed. At about 1:15 AM, we heard these noises and looked out our balcony off the master suite and there were fire trucks outside. But there wasn''t an announcement that we needed to vacate (we have a pretty sophisticated alarm and notification system built into this new condo tower), so we were sleepy and just went back to sleep. Then at 2:30 the alarm went off and inside every home are built in speakers that will announce what is necessary. So, we were told to go to the nearest exit and leave the building (thank God for living on the 5th floor as opposed to the 24th!). We met our two neighbors on our floor and we headed to the stairwell and then we realized something was really wrong. There was water cascading down the concrete stairs and the water was beginning to make it into the carpeted areas near the exit door. Hmmmm.........Not Good. So we get downstairs with all our other neighbors who all look dazed too. I mean how good can we look at 2:30 AM when we''ve been woken up by a loud voice telling us to leave our homes.

Finally, the fire Marshall met with us and it turns out there was no fire, but a sprinkler head on the 16th floor had been somehow damaged and decided to blow it''s head at 1:00 AM. That''s what the water was and the fire crews were there with squeegee''s pushing the water into the stairwells to protect our homes. I was amazed that they would do something like this. They are truly heroic people to say the least. So, they cut the water to the sprinkler system and said we could go back upstairs. Only no one turned off the alarm system, so from 3:00 AM until 8:00 AM the alarm blared into our homes non-stop. And there wasn''t anything we could do about it. It just buzzed loudly for an eternity. And no one in the building slept. Then, finally at 8:00 AM a voice calmly announced they were resetting the alarm and it was over. And that''s all they evidently needed to do, but they were afraid that if they reset it and it went off again, the fire and rescue people would have to return, so they decided to let it blast all night long.

We met with the building management team this morning and they have promised to never let that happen again and after all this is a brand new building and they just weren''t sure what resetting it would do at the time. So, at 8:00 AM we had to start getting ready for our training session with our trainer, WITHOUT HAVING HAD ANY SLEEP. And we knew he would kick out buts like he usually does, but we paid for the session and bygumit, we were going to have that session. And you know what? We didn''t fall apart. We actually did very well and made it through every drill he put us through and believe me when I say he shows no mercy. Not for 10 seconds. There is no rest during a session with our trainer. While one of us is doing unassisted chinups, the other must be doing something cardio-like, like jumping jacks, or pushups. Anyway, it was nice to see that we could have made it through a tough session without any sleep whatsoever.

Surprisingly, we aren''t that tired. We did our normal Saturday stuff and had a wonderful dinner at our favorite waterfront restaurant to boot. We did a little shopping at Nordstrom (gosh we missed our Nordstrom in Tampa where we have our own personal shopper who knows our tastes so well). And finally, we just got out of the spa under the stars just after sunset.

All in all, while it was an eventful last 24 hours, it was actually not bad at all. And we''re so fortunate that no water entered our home or any of the homes of our neighbors on our floor. Up higher, they weren''t so lucky. We heard there was water intrusion into peoples homes on floors 14, 15 and 16, but they had a service here at 8 AM this morning to begin the restoration process for anyone affected.

Anyway, it was quite a day. We''re looking forward to a much quieter night tonight (though there are these huge dehumidifyers running out in the hallways (fortunately, our homes are insulated so well, we can''t hear them from inside) and a nice normal Sunday.

I hope you all had a less intense 24 hours than we did!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Nerjarb, that is awesome you are running!!! Great job; sounds like you are in excellent shape.

Rod, wow, what a morning! That is awful; I cannot believe you had to go through that craziness
32.gif
!!!! Thank goodness for the awesome firefighters. I am glad it wasn''t a real fire and kudos for the workout on top of it! Sweet dreams to you and Charlie; hope you get a restfull sleep tonight
24.gif

Have a great night everyone!!! I can''t wait to see what Greg gave Mara either
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening WWT'ers! well we had a fabulous day together today...breakfast then we went to get the bikes at target...greg found a cruiser recreational type bike he really liked so we tried to buy two of those but they were out of stock. so we got a bunch of different accessories for the bikes, then went home...called around. then greg dropped me off in mountain view for my mani pedi and went off to get the bikes at another target. they typically do not allow you to take them unassembled but he wanted to assemble them himself. so he talked the manager into letting him take them unassembled..yay!! esp since the assembly is only done like once a week so we'd have had to wait like 3-4 more days to get them. so he is going to put them together for us tomorrow and then we'll take a ride! after my appt he picked me up and we went home. we took portia for a walk, then after a bit of time at home relaxing we got ready for dinner and headed off. dinner was wonderful, we had such a great time and the food was wonderful as usual!!! we get the stinking rose super garlic cheese fondue, we shared a spinach salad with mushrooms, sunflower seeds, shredded carrots and feta cheese, then surf and turf which is filet, lobster, and shrimp on the grill, and then bittersweet chocolate with kahlua with dipping items. we ate everything, but i was not as stuffed as i typically used to be, which was kind of funny since i am smaller than i was last time we were there. so now we are watching the sopranos and heading off to bed. it's been a busy but fun day!!!

oh and then there's the bauble, we picked it up from the FedEx station on our way to target, it's stunning! i took a bunch of pictures, but my battery is charging now so i can't upload just yet. anyway we love it and greg is super happy with it...as am i...yay!!! it was super sparkly in the restaurant lighting too hehee.

anyway i didn't do the pilates DVD today...we didn't have much down time but we did go for a short walk with portia which was nice. tomorrow i plan to hit up the gym and then do a shortie test bike ride with greg in the afternoon before dinner with my family for mother's day. rod, so sorry to hear about your horrible night, ugh!! but kudos on the good workout. merrijoy, gotta love the companion animals, i think they are so important in the household. nejarb, glad to see you checking in and doing well.

hope everyone had a fabulous day and thanks so much for all the well wishes!!! i will def post pictures when i get my battery back in!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning all!!!

I just "worked out" for the first time in a month! I only did 30 mins on the bike to see how it goes (175 cals), but it felt great do so *something*.

Last week I tried to get one of those Polar things, but they are SO HUGE. The store that I went to only had the 6 (and other more sophisticated) versions in stock, but I think the 4 version is smaller, right? Seriously, this thing good over my whole arm so I have to get something less like a dinner plate to strap to my wrist, ha ha.

This morning I''m thrilled to report that I''m only 1/2 lb from my recent low weight, so the motivation factor is high. I think part of it is that the HH has been cooking dinner for the past several days so I''ve been eating a lot better than if we had been going out.

Have to go jump in the shower; the HH is taking me to Costco to get new tires. Only the best for *ME* on mother''s day, LOL!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your day sounded wonderful Mara. And still, she doesn't tell us "WHAT" the bauble is? LOL We'll look forward to the pics when you upload them. So get uploading already..........

DeeJay, so glad you were able to workout and had no discomfort. Good news on your weight too. Wow.......New tires from Costco for Mother's day. Special. LOL

We slept oh so well last night after our ordeal from the previous night. We had fresh bagels and fruit on the terrace and read the paper and are just lounging around. I'm a bit sore from these squats our trainer made us do yesterday. He took Bocci balls (the half round air filled balls you see at the gym) and we had to do full squats from a standing position to a fully seated position on the bocci ball and back up without using hands and of course with squats, the feet must stay firmly planted on the floor through the entire squat (which is very hard to do). It's taken a long time to develop the leg muscles and fleixibility required to do regular squats, so this was a major challenge and he had us do 3 sets of 15 each. So, I'm definitely feeling it in my glutes today. LOL

We're heading out soon for a bite to eat, then coffee at Starbucks, then the gym. I'm thinking about grilling a filet on the terrace and having some fresh silver queen corn. Yummmmm....

Oh and one thing I think Mara will get a kick out of. Yesterday, I had decided I wanted a treat for desert and I reduced calories a bit during the day to have it. What I wanted was a Grande Mocha Frappucino at Starbucks. In Rod's fat days, he used to have at least one a day and often 2 on weekends. I loved them. But they're really pretty fattening and over the last 6 or so months I had not had even a single one. So, yesterday I reckoned after a tough night and a strenuous workout, Rod deserved one. So one he had, but oddly, one he didn't enjoy as much as he thought he would or used to. I found it too sweet and just not as much fun as I remembered it being. So, I think I'll stick my regular cup of 'joe' at Starbucks and avoid the fat and calories associated with Fraps. Funny how one's taste buds (or one's mind) changes over time.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, is is in show me the ring. I hope Mara doesn't mind but I am posting it here for Rod. Here is her gorgeous braclet. She even posted a cute pic of her and Greg last night!!
36.gif
36.gif

anniversary%20gift%2007%20h.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!!! I am glad you got a good nights rest Rod! DeeJay, sounds like you did well maintaining your weight; great job.

Okay, I will walk sometime today. Spring is here; it is so gorgeous!!!! Have a wonderful day everyone
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, nejarb! Way to go on running and weight loss! To answer your question,

Sounds like a wonderful day Mara, here''s to many more!

Oh, Rod, what a terrible night! I''m so so sorry.

Hooray for the workout DeeJay!!!

I ended up not working out yesterday. I had a huge paper due and I spent whatever time I wasn''t cleaning the house writing. My professor has alreaady graded it and I did terribly, I am so disaappointed. So I spent the morning revising it as it has to be included in my portfolio, but I''m stuck with the crappy grade...bummer.

We had friends over for dinner, John made a pork roast, grilled swordfish, corn on the cob and salad. I made a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

I don''t know what we''re doing today. My parents are in Northern CA for a conference my dad has to attend. I''m thinking we might go to a nursery and purchase a plant in honor of John''s mom. Then who knows. I need to get out of my robe! I''ve been totally focused on my paper since 7 this morning.

Hope everyone has a terrific Mother''s Day.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol yes Rod I did finally post last nite after like an hour of wrangling with the pictures on my computer (i have too many things on my computer and i'm almost out of hard drive space so whenever i do picture intense things it always gives me trouble!!) i managed to get a few great pictures to upload. check out the thread in the Show me the Ring!! thanks for posting the pic skippy!! i love the bracelet.

rod, too funny re: the frapp...i never really got too into those things from sbucks. honestly i like sbucks and all but their coffee to me is fairly mediocre in terms of quality. i tend to like peets better and especially little independent places, and i have had other places versions of the frapps and if the coffee is really high quality, the frapp is WAY better than the ones at sbucks, they taste so watered down to me. but it's funny you mentioned the frapp because peets is having a special this weekend, did anyone know about it? they have a new caramel espresso whipped chocolate something or other frapp kind of drink, made with scharffen berger chocolates, which we love...and it's buy one get one free this weekend only. i printed out the form and brought it home in case we ended up wanting to get something this weekend for dessert one night, but i don't think we'll use it...i was kind of intrigued to try it but i just know that thing is like 1000 calories. so i'm not that intrigued! hheehe. but the picture sure is pretty!! anyway glad to hear you didn't really love the frapp rod because it makes it that much easier to not get it next time. sometimes i feel that way about drinking regular coke....i rarely do it anymore but when i do, sometimes i love it and other times i am just like MAN this is syrupy sweet, yak! it makes it easier not to want it though.

kimberly good luck with your paper, skippy have fun on your walk! rod have a good day...dj so glad to hear your workout went well!

we just had breakfast which was scrambled eggs (egg whites for me) with a bit of lf cheese melted in and pepper plant hot sauce...and sara lee multigrain light bread with smart balance and honey. i tried the wonder light bread last week and it was so soft that it actually TORE in the bag and was useless to me!! so i tossed most of it and went back to the sara lee one which is more 'firm' and put together nicely and actually i think has more of a great nutty flavor than the wonder light. so we'll stick with the sara lee one for 5 cals more per slice and way more flavor.

i'm going to the gym in a few after my 'day off'...my legs are still sore and my hip is too a bit but i don't want to take any more time off, i think that getting back into it helps my joints and muscles too. so planning to do the elliptical and then some arm weights. greg is going to put together our new bikes and then we'll take a short ride this afternoon before going to dinner with my family. we're going to this italian place...i used to love it when i was younger, they have fab calamari and tiramisu (it's the tiramisu that basically inspired me on learning how to make mine)...i figure i'll get a salad and a seafood dish or something. i am so into seafood lately which is kind of funny, but i figure it's healthier hehe so that's okay. then we'll all probably share a few desserts.

anyhow sounds like everyone has a great sunday lined up, enjoy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I finished my paper...and my teacher reread the original and upped my grade a bit, which is good, but I still have an A- in the class instead of an A, which bums me out. Oh well.

I had a good workout, YIPPEE! We''re going to head down to Coranado for the afternoon, wander around and havev an early dinner there. Should be fun!

K

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, that is great he upped your grade! oooooooohhhh, Coronado; I love it there! Have fun.

Mara, your braclet is a beauty
3.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 3:34:16 PM
Author: merrijoy
Thank you Rod, Kimberly, Skippy and Mandarine for your good wishes about my lost love. She was just precious. Rod, we are leaning heavily on getting another one; however, I just have much more free time now to work out, etc. I believe that if you have a dog, you should spend time with them. I am more able to get up and go now and not have to worry about running home to feed, walk, etc. I know some people who don''t care and leave their dogs home alone all day and way into the evenings and I don''t want to do that. But my life just seems a bit more about me right now, which is good. I know it gets even harder to have your life about you once you have children, so maybe another dog would be a good stepping stone, ha! I have already spoken to a breeder and hopefully 2 of her girls will be pregnant soon. Fingers crossed.

Mara, I don''t think Shayna waited to hear the end of ''You Wanna''. We did the same trick - ''You Wanna (pause) do laundry?'' and her head went crazy and she got so excited! She was my laundry buddy. She would climb on top of the piles of clothes or on the blanket or pillows when you took them off the bed. She was a trip and we have so many pictures to show for it!!!

Workout today - 40 minutes weights and abs (core) and 45 minutes on the treadclimber. My legs are getting sorer and I may need to row tomorrow.

Mandarine, do you mind if I ask are you in Broward, Dade or Palm Beach county?

Have a good day all.

M

Hi everyone!!!!...Happy Mother''s Day!!!!!

Merrijoy, I just saw this until today!!, sorry for the late reply
2.gif

I''m actually in Broward County, but moving to Palm Beach County next year (getting married...woohooo!!!). Where are you?. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that you get a new furbaby soon!. I hear you on having more time when you don''t have a dog...but the love and companion you get from them is just priceless!!!!. My little one also tilts his head like that, and he''s bilingual! haha...he knows commands in Spanish (from me) and English (from his "dad")
1.gif
. I love everytime I see a schnauzer, they''re so cute!. My FI just got a new neighbor and they have a S&P mini girl, she is so cute!!!

The smoke from the fires is still crazy!!!....it just looks so hazy out there! I was going to go rollerblading, but with all that smoke I think I''m going to stay in...my muscles needed a break anyway!. It looks like it might rain also....fingers crossed it does, my lawn is dying from all the water restrictions!

Mara, I love your bracelet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful! and I had forgotten how beautiful your ring was
9.gif

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!
36.gif

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results