shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th May till 13th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for an upped grade kimberly!!

thanks skippy and miss mandarine, i sure do like it!

so went to the gym and did 500 cals on the elliptical then 10 minutes of arms for another 50 or so cals. went to TJ's and whole foods and did my grocery shopping for most of the week and came home with lots of fresh goodies.

for lunch, i made us a new creation which now i just LOVE!! it's a la tortilla flour wrap (90 cals with 13g of fiber or something insane) toasted on the gas burner a bit to warm it up, with TJ's garlic hummus spread onto it and then slices of thin deli turkey breast and \sliced red peppers...then rolled and wrapped. YUM! greg and i split one just for a snack and it's sooo tasty. and talk about fiber and lean proteins. yum. i am so tempted to have another one but we are eating dinner at 6 so it's only a few hours away. but yum. highly recommended!!

are cherries starting to come into season for anyone else? they just hit the stores this week and i already consumed an $11 1.5lb bag from whole foods this week. i just got a 16oz container from TJ's for $5, so much more wallet friendly and they look tasty. can't wait to have some as a snack.

greg is finishing up assembling the bikes and then we'll go for a ride in a while...then take P for a 1m walk and then head out for dinner with the family. hope everyone is enjoying their sunday!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I'm not familiar with Peets. Is it a chain? I guess we go to Sbucks because it's comfortable to us and I like pretty intense coffee's so, I always get the bold brew. Charlie is into latte's and he really likes the new green tea version they offer and we just love the location of our Sbucks near our house. Their aren't too many independent coffee shops in Tampa. There were a couple in Raleigh, but their coffee didn't measure up to Starbucks (IMHO), so we just pretty much stick with what's comfortable. When you write about things you have access to in the San Fran area, I think to myself they'll NEVER find happiness in Raleigh, no matter how big the house you could get for the money. Anyway, glad you had a terrific time on your anniversary and again the bracelet is just beautiful.

Great news on being upped Kimberly. I've never been to Coronado, but I've heard such great things about it. Hope you had a great time there.

Mandarine, the smoke is much better in Tampa today. I hope it get's better for you too.

We had such a good workout this afternoon. We both spent a lot of time working on these new harder unasssted chinups our trainer is having us do. They're really really hard, but oh so good for the upper body. We spent about 1.5 hours working out, then we did our 35 minutes of intense elliptical. Even though my legs were sore from our training session yesterday, I pushed through the pain and my legs feel ever so much better.

Tomorrow, I have a phone screen with a big company for some kind of position (they didn't specify what they're interested in my for but I am definitely interested in them) and the timing won't be good for me to go the gym for cardio later in the day. So, unless it's raining or something, after my phone screen, I've decided to go for my first run in two weeks. My knee is not hurting at all anymore and I feel my legs are up to it, so I hope I get the chance to run.

We had a terrific dinner on the terrace (grilled filets, fresh corn, steamed broccoli and carrots - yumm). Then instead of our usual walk, Charlie wanted to drop the top on the SLK and take a drive, so we drove along the water for the sunset and of course wound up at our favorite Starbucks for coffee. Now, we'll settle down with the kitties and watch some tv and get ready for a new week.

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend and is looking forward to a great new week. Lorelei, we're looking forward to your inspiration to get the new week off on a positive note!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 8:43:01 PM
Author: Rod
Then instead of our usual walk, Charlie wanted to drop the top on the SLK and take a drive, so we drove along the water for the sunset and of course wound up at our favorite Starbucks for coffee.

NICE
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
10.gif

We went walking earlier to the grocery store and to rent a dvd and walked back to get ready for our barbecue. It turned out great and it couldn't be a more perfect day. We actually went in our slk w/top down to get ice cream. I felt I needed a treat after yard work Friday, and hosting a nice barbecue to my family today. Then I went for an evening walk and watched the sunset. I LOVE SPRING
9.gif

See you ready to rock and roll on Monday all; hope you had a nice evening everyone
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy evening all!

Coronado was so beautiful today, high 60s, cool breezes, clear skies. We spent about 3 hours walking the neighborhoods, so I got in more great exercise!, and spent some time just sitting on a bench staring at the ocean. We looked at a few open houses too, which was interesting. Rod, it is truly an amazing city. It''s so beautiful and quaint and just lovely. The streets are really wide and tree-lined and just have such a fanstastic feel to them, historic mixed in with new homes, condos and apartments, and one of the most amazing hotels I''ve ever had the pleasure of staying at. We''ve added it to our list of places to look at when we move, but we''d really be downsizing house-wise and it would quite a challenge to find a house that meets all of our needs there so I doubt that''s where we''ll end up.

I had a snack, almonds, and skipped lunch so we could have an early dinner. We ate at a great little restaurant called Costa Azul...I had chile rellanos, john had chile poblanos, yummy! He suggested we walk to The Del and get some ice cream but I was a stuffed goose so we passed.

The higher grade is good news, but I''m still bummed I didn''t do better. Thanks for the encouraging words, though!

Have a wonderful evening!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2007 9:41:54 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 5/13/2007 8:43:01 PM
Author: Rod
Then instead of our usual walk, Charlie wanted to drop the top on the SLK and take a drive, so we drove along the water for the sunset and of course wound up at our favorite Starbucks for coffee.

NICE
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
10.gif

We went walking earlier to the grocery store and to rent a dvd and walked back to get ready for our barbecue. It turned out great and it couldn''t be a more perfect day. We actually went in our slk w/top down to get ice cream. I felt I needed a treat after yard work Friday, and hosting a nice barbecue to my family today. Then I went for an evening walk and watched the sunset. I LOVE SPRING
9.gif

See you ready to rock and roll on Monday all; hope you had a nice evening everyone
35.gif
DITTO
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
10.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2007 10:15:10 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Happy evening all!

Coronado was so beautiful today, high 60s, cool breezes, clear skies. We spent about 3 hours walking the neighborhoods, so I got in more great exercise!, and spent some time just sitting on a bench staring at the ocean. We looked at a few open houses too, which was interesting. Rod, it is truly an amazing city. It''s so beautiful and quaint and just lovely. The streets are really wide and tree-lined and just have such a fanstastic feel to them, historic mixed in with new homes, condos and apartments, and one of the most amazing hotels I''ve ever had the pleasure of staying at. We''ve added it to our list of places to look at when we move, but we''d really be downsizing house-wise and it would quite a challenge to find a house that meets all of our needs there so I doubt that''s where we''ll end up.

I had a snack, almonds, and skipped lunch so we could have an early dinner. We ate at a great little restaurant called Costa Azul...I had chile rellanos, john had chile poblanos, yummy! He suggested we walk to The Del and get some ice cream but I was a stuffed goose so we passed.

The higher grade is good news, but I''m still bummed I didn''t do better. Thanks for the encouraging words, though!

Have a wonderful evening!
Sounds fantastic Kimberly! We''ll have to make sure we make it out there sometime. Charlie had said that he wanted to go to Italy next, but has been backing off that idea as there are so many wonderful places in our country we''ve never visited and maybe we really should. Anyway, glad you had such a nice day.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 1:08:38 PM
Welcome back, nejarb! Way to go on running and weight loss! To answer your question,

Sounds like a wonderful day Mara, here''s to many more!

Oh, Rod, what a terrible night! I''m so so sorry.

Hooray for the workout DeeJay!!!

I ended up not working out yesterday. I had a huge paper due and I spent whatever time I wasn''t cleaning the house writing. My professor has alreaady graded it and I did terribly, I am so disaappointed. So I spent the morning revising it as it has to be included in my portfolio, but I''m stuck with the crappy grade...bummer.

We had friends over for dinner, John made a pork roast, grilled swordfish, corn on the cob and salad. I made a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

I don''t know what we''re doing today. My parents are in Northern CA for a conference my dad has to attend. I''m thinking we might go to a nursery and purchase a plant in honor of John''s mom. Then who knows. I need to get out of my robe! I''ve been totally focused on my paper since 7 this morning.

Hope everyone has a terrific Mother''s Day.

what about my question!?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod i guess peets is a chain that is only out here? i thought they were all over but guess not! hehe...we are not the hugest coffee buffs but i think the reason that sbucks is so successful because they are everywhere and people just automatically think of them. we do get sbucks coffee for our coffee at home, but i really love peets and also seattle''s best as well. i think that both of those are more tasty than sbucks, but i love sbucks sumatra. i like really dark rich coffee. i love espresso blends in the regular coffee maker too like at italian restaurants, yum.

so today was fun and busy...we went for our bike ride...the bikes are fun and we already have a ton of ideas for them!! then we took P for a 1m walk while greg called his family members in the east coast to wish them happy mothers day. went to dinner with my family which was fun. i had a weird dinner because this italian place has amazing bread and it''s fresh out of the oven so they deliver it super warm and crusty to the table, so warm that the butter just melts as you spread it on. my absolute weakness!!! so basically for dinner i had bread...butter...bread...butter...a few calamari...a bit of this crab spinach dip appetizer...bread...butter...mixed greens salad with goat cheese, golden raisins, pecans and vinaigrette...bread...butter...about 1/8 of my seafood linguine (scallops, prawns, mussels, and lobster tail in a yummy light sherry cream sauce)...bread...butter...and tiramisu and coffee. HA HA! so basically bread and butter. i brought my dinner home for us to eat at some point probably tomorrow. then when we got home i was craving ice cream so i ended up eating most of a pint of light hazelnut gelato. HAAA!!
3.gif
on the plus side, the gelato had a ton of protein! haha. anyway i don''t feel guilty at all really because i have been sooo active lately. i almost feel like sometimes i need to eat more anyway. also i have been trying to adopt the whole ''do what you feel like'' thing more as long as i stay active. so anyway tomorrow it''s back to the weekly drill...but today was fun. hehee.

now greg is finishing watching some F1 racing and then we''ll watch the season finale of survivor then time for bed...i have an 8am call tomorrow. hope everyone had a fabulous sunday and overall weekend. i sure did hehee.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 12:04:04 AM
Author: nejarb

Date: 5/13/2007 1:08:38 PM
Welcome back, nejarb! Way to go on running and weight loss! To answer your question,

Sounds like a wonderful day Mara, here''s to many more!

Oh, Rod, what a terrible night! I''m so so sorry.

Hooray for the workout DeeJay!!!

I ended up not working out yesterday. I had a huge paper due and I spent whatever time I wasn''t cleaning the house writing. My professor has alreaady graded it and I did terribly, I am so disaappointed. So I spent the morning revising it as it has to be included in my portfolio, but I''m stuck with the crappy grade...bummer.

We had friends over for dinner, John made a pork roast, grilled swordfish, corn on the cob and salad. I made a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

I don''t know what we''re doing today. My parents are in Northern CA for a conference my dad has to attend. I''m thinking we might go to a nursery and purchase a plant in honor of John''s mom. Then who knows. I need to get out of my robe! I''ve been totally focused on my paper since 7 this morning.

Hope everyone has a terrific Mother''s Day.

what about my question!?
Sorry to have left you hanging, nejarb! I got distracted, not hard for me to do. To answer your question, the oils only absorb into your first few layers of skin and then as you rub against things (clothes, etc.) some of it absorbs into that the rest basically disapates.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results