shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th May till 13th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week WWTers
35.gif

I wanted to start this week by using my Hubby as an example. As many of you know, he and I started working out about a year ago, I stuck with it and he has drifted away from it somewhat. Recently he has gained back his belly which he hates. He had basically lost his motivation. However together we took the step to get him back on the treadmill and already the belly is vanishing. The point is expecting perfection and beating yourself up won't get you the body and health you want, picking yourself up and starting again will. If you have a break for what ever reason, you can get started again and your body will respond - you will gather in the benefits faster than you thought possible. A healthy lifestyle which includes working out is a life long endeavour, sometimes life will intrude and you might not be able to workout for various reasons. The important thing is to take the first step again, it is never too late, you cannot blow it and you cannot FAIL!!!! You can always begin again by taking the first step back onto the treadmill, elliptical, walking outside, running, lifting the first weight, whatever it is you like to do. It is surprising how much better you feel even after the first workout after a break, it is all about making a good choice for yourself. If we prepare that there might be bumps in the road on our fitness paths, the easier it is to cope with them and plan a strategy to get us through them if we can.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great post friend, and so true! It is never "the end", "over", "too late", etc. One can always get right back into things.

Have a great week all!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i had a horrible eating and lack of exercising weekend.
23.gif
it was dh 30th b-day yesterday, but we celebrated all weekend....we had a bbq saturday with family--tons of yummy foods and desserts...i was pretty good with the food consumption--yay me for 5 minutes of the weekend--the baby slept over my MIL for the 1st time so we decided to go out sat night.... and then came saturday night
32.gif
we went out in manhattan to watch the fight and afterwards imbibed a bit too much---way too many calories in all the beer i drank--i can''t even fathom how many
14.gif
...and then to top it off at 5:00am i decided that a giant cheeseburger was necessary, so we all went to this burger place to eat greasy burgers for an early breakfast
38.gif
....needless to say yesterday i was beyond hung over and went to the yankee game where i proceeded to eat junk because "i needed to coat my stomach from the hangover". then i came home and my dh went out and got us baskin robbin shakes---totally fattening. ugg...today i feel like i must have gained 5 pounds....definately need to detox this week..lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't feel bad NYC, it was your night out and family occasion, you will get back on track!

Thanks Ellen!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great inspirational start to the week Lorelei! Good news that Hubby is getting back on track. With such a healthy and attractive wife by his side, how could he not want to look his best too!!
28.gif
36.gif

Cheeseburgers at 5 AM for breakfast followed by milk shakes??!! Oh my...........Sounds like you had a blast though......LOL

Mara, your post about getting on the train yesterday and the dinner, shopping and then coffee and desert at home sounded so nice. You do have a nice lifestyle there in SJ!! Being able to get on a train near your house and travel to multiple towns each with so many dining options is wayyyyy cooool.

My knee is getting a little better each day, but I'm still not ready to go for a run and hurt it again. So, since I've been running Monday's in place of the gym, I'll just go to the gym but only do core and increase the time on the elliptical to be closer to an hour as I would have run for an hour. I'm hoping my knee will be healed enough that I can run by next week.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Oh, and Kimberly, when the company I was laid off from was in good shape, we had a yearly trip to Hawaii and we stayed in Maui numerous times. It's a beautiful island and you'll have fun shopping in Lahaina. There are loads of great restaurants and art galleries and jewelry stores in Lahaina. It's been a few years since we've been in Maui, but I'm sure you'll love it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
No worries, NYC, just jump back on track! It''s exactly as Lorelei so profoundly expressed in her opening thread, it''s NEVER too late and there''s no such thing as fail, it''s all about trying again!

I''m driving to Palm Springs today to meet my mom, grandma and two of my aunts. My grandfather was buried in a mausoleum and the plaque has been placed so we''re all going to visit him and then have lunch. It will be a lot of driving for just a day, but I haven''t seen my mom since March and won''t again until the first weekend in July, so it''s worth the drive. John''s mom is also buried in a mausoleum and her plaque was just placed so we''re going to take two of her friends to visit her and have lunch next Monday...pretty macabre two Monday''s in a row!

I''ll be home in time for dinner and J will be cooking something, who knows what!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2007 10:24:36 AM
Author: Rod
Great inspirational start to the week Lorelei! Good news that Hubby is getting back on track. With such a healthy and attractive wife by his side, how could he not want to look his best too!!
28.gif
36.gif

Cheeseburgers at 5 AM for breakfast followed by milk shakes??!! Oh my...........Sounds like you had a blast though......LOL

Mara, your post about getting on the train yesterday and the dinner, shopping and then coffee and desert at home sounded so nice. You do have a nice lifestyle there in SJ!! Being able to get on a train near your house and travel to multiple towns each with so many dining options is wayyyyy cooool.

My knee is getting a little better each day, but I'm still not ready to go for a run and hurt it again. So, since I've been running Monday's in place of the gym, I'll just go to the gym but only do core and increase the time on the elliptical to be closer to an hour as I would have run for an hour. I'm hoping my knee will be healed enough that I can run by next week.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Oh, and Kimberly, when the company I was laid off from was in good shape, we had a yearly trip to Hawaii and we stayed in Maui numerous times. It's a beautiful island and you'll have fun shopping in Lahaina. There are loads of great restaurants and art galleries and jewelry stores in Lahaina. It's been a few years since we've been in Maui, but I'm sure you'll love it.
* simper simper - blush - fluff's hair*
41.gif

Hope your knee gets better Rod. I can feel my old injured knee tweaking a bit on the elliptical, will have to watch that.

Take care on your journeys Kim
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well, hubbie and i got up extra early and went a walking this morning in our new neighborhood. it felt so great breathing in that morning air.
we both sorta had fallen off the workout train, and we''re steping back on one foot at a time.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluff''s hair........FUNNY!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2007 10:36:54 AM
Fluff's hair........FUNNY!!
I hijacked the fluff's hair from Miss Ellen!
31.gif

Great job Jcrow, keep at it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 10:39:56 AM
Author: Lorelei

Fluff's hair........FUNNY!!
I hijacked the fluff's hair from Miss Ellen!
31.gif
*giggling*
2.gif

DEEJAY and mrss, please see my Chicago thread in Hangout when you get time.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2007 11:10:14 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/7/2007 10:39:56 AM

Fluff''s hair........FUNNY!!
I hijacked the fluff''s hair from Miss Ellen!
31.gif
*giggling*
2.gif

DEEJAY and mrss, please see my Chicago thread in Hangout when you get time.
1.gif
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That smiley never fails to crack me up.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
face20.gif
It is one of my faves too!
face20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you gals are so silly! miss lorelei, glad to hear that hubby is back on the 'wagon'..i totally agree re having the hot wife motivating him hehe. one of my friends who is getting married next month has lost 12 lbs since the beginning of the year, she looks great. honestly she could probably lose about 5 more and be in really fighting shape but she looks really good right now as well. anyway her hubby-to-be keeps telling her she is too thin and that she needs to put 5 lbs back on!! i told her he is just feeling insecure because now the spotlight is on HIM to stay in shape too (and he has been getting a little beer gut!) and she said she totally agreed!! Greg has always been in great shape, he has a fast metabolism and is pretty active in general, all it takes is like 2 workouts a week and 50% decent eating for him to maintain, so jealous!!

i also wanted to add something in about perception for this week. i was having this conversation with a friend last week and again last nite with greg. i have lost about a total of ~20 lbs since last year at this time. i went from a size 10 to a size 4/2 (depending on manufacturer) or from a Large to a Small basically. my body fat is 17%. yet there are times, quite often actually, when i look in the mirror and i see the 'old me'. i realize that is actually impossible because i have the clothes in much smaller sizes and the scale and the bf % to prove that i am smaller. but sometimes my mind just plays tricks on me. my friend last week has said the same thing happens to her, our perceptions of ourselves are so skewed sometimes. we see ourselves daily how many times in mirrors each day? walking by a store window. changing outfits at home. putting on makeup or doing our hair. i think we get so used to seeing ourselves, that we forget how others view us. and if you are having a day where you feel bloated or a bad hair day or whatever, you are sure EVERYONE sees that. but in reality, everyone else pretty much sees what they see on a daily basis...you in all your splendiferous glory, a 'package'...not how your hair looks or how bloated your belly is or whatever. i always have to remind myself of this...and i think it's important for all of us to be forgiving to ourselves when we are SO SURE that we look chubby or have bags under our eyes or whatever.
3.gif

for me this resonates as lately i have felt SO bloated and like my belly looks HUGE. i feel SURE i've gained like 5 lbs just in my belly. greg told me 'you look the same'...and i asked a friend and she said 'you look the same as last week'. yet in the mirror my belly seems to mock me! clothes and pants fit the same. lately i have taken some pictures at the bridal and bachelorette parties and i look at the image and go 'is that me? i look so skinny'...yet i still see my belly in the mirror!!
6.gif
hehe. so i have been working on that actually, trying to be more objective by reminding myself of the actual FACTS aka weight lost, clothing size etc. so anyway if anyone else experiences that, you are not alone!! hehe.

so this morning it's another warm day...the sun this morning was warm already on the patio!! the forecast says 93. i watered all my plants AGAIN even though i soaked them twice yesterday and had to get on the road for an 8am call i wanted to take in the car. breakfast was fiber one with a bit of granola, strawberries, ff milk and cinnamon. coffee of course!! today kicks off a busy week for us...greg has 2 rehearsals this week and a concert on friday evening, and then saturday is our 3 year anniversary, and sunday is mother's day. i still have 3 gifts to get and work is really ramping up.

today i hope to be good at work, haha even though i still have cookies leftover from friday, but at least they are my 'healthy' mini cookies where each one is 20 cals so i have planned to have a few for snack this afternoon. lunch is going to be a kashi entree, and snacks are fage, canteloupe, a few cookies. dinner i was thinking it'd be fun to grill and eat outside since it's still going to be so warm most likely, so we have coconut crusted tilapia in the freezer which we can grill up with some alexa fries and roasted garlic asparagus. yummy. so i think that's the plan.

anyway hope everyone has a wonderful monday, as wonderful as a monday can be i guess!! and yes rod we felt pretty lucky yesterday, having had such a fun weekend, and finishing it off with some quality time together outside in the great weather. i think more and more we might be leaning towards staying local rather than moving but we'll see how the chips fall!
2.gif

welcome back jcrow...kimberly hope you have a not-too-morbid day today, i bet palm springs is going to be super warm if we are feeling it over here in N.Ca. nyc...no worries re the splurges (they don't sound that bad!!), it's a new week now.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, your post about perception hits exactly on what bulemics/anorexics go through with themselves. I had a good friend many years ago that suffered from both, and I asked her why she couldn''t SEE how skinny she was. (this was after she finally got treatment) She said, I see the heavy me in the mirror (she was kinda plump at one time). She likened it to those mirrors at the circus that make you all out of proportion. And that''s one reason it''s so hard for them to "snap out of it", it''s REALLY hard for them to see themselves correctly.

And I was kinda in the same place last week. I KNOW I''ve lost several pounds, but I didn''t feel all that skinny. Then I went out Sat. night and wore capris I couldn''t wear last summer (white ones at that) with a new black top and I was like, wow, I look pretty good! Weird.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, yes so true, I think that when we FEEL one way, aka bloated or tired or baggy eyed or similar...we feel like the feeling shows in how we look...when in reality I don''t think it does. But we are so close to the source we can''t be objective, aka forest thru the trees kind of thing. So it really helps for me to give a mental reality check with something like ''i''m wearing a size 4 pair of pants...'' to kind of snap myself out of it hehe.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am laughing becasue I have the opposite problem Mara. I have gained about 20 lbs and I keep thinking I am my old weight. This past 6 mo I realized, no, I am bigger and of course my clothes don't fit! It helps to realize that and get a move on it! I think if we notice where we are in that moment that is important key. Good discussion.

Lorelei that was such a good start to the week! You are so right. NYC sounds like you had fun; you will get back on track! Rod, glad your knee is getting better. Kimberly you are going to love Maui!! If you can and want to do a luau do the "Old Lahina Luau" and buy yourself the book called Maui Revealed; it tells you the best beaches and it is packed full of useful information. You are going to have the best time!!! Have a safe trip to Palm Springs, that is nice you are remembering your granfather today with your family. Hey Jcrow!

Tonight is step!!!

See you after step
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good morning everyone. great posts lorelei and mara. I stuggle with how i see myself too. espeically since after having 2 babies my tummy isn''t as tight and flat as i''d it was pre-babies. my hubby says he honestly does not see any difference and I actually weigh a couple pounds less than i did pre-baby #1. My body fat is low so why do I think I need to be smaller?? I think we also compare ourselves to how thin the celebrities look in magazines forgetting that most of them are airbrushed to hide any cellulite they might have, but still really do have. anyway, I think you''re right mara that realizing what size clothes we actually fit into and the fact we have heathly hearts and stamina to work out the way we do is a huge plus. also, not beating ourselves up on the splurges b/c they are what life is about and just like you said lorelei, it''s just getting right back on the wagon.

I did the outdoor hike in the woods today with Zoe. i acutually made it though in only 50 minutes where last week it took me an hour. of course, i was gabbing on the phone for half of the walk last week so that could have been part of the slow down
3.gif
. tonight i''m making seared tuna steak from cooking light and steamed broccoli and a small salad for us for dinner.

hope everyone has a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the comps on my post!

Thritto the body image thing. Hubby keeps laughing and saying how tiny my legs are and I can't see it. Also I look in the mirror and don't see many changes at times, or feel the same way as I always did. Darn bellies!
29.gif
Also I think it does motivate Hubby as he sees me trying hard and also his work colleagues have been mentioning to him what a fine looking wife he has...Nice to have a compliment!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
urgh! i can totally relate to the crappy body image issues. i hate that about myself sometimes. but then other times i wonder if that''s what keeps me motivated and working out.

if the weather stays nice, i''m hoping dh and i can go out walking again after work.
we have a gym membership, but since the move, we have yet to go b/c it''s on the other side of town.
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different mirrors make such an impact too. I am feeding a friend''s cats at the moment and the hallway mirror in the house makes me look so skinny, my bedroom one does not! It drives me nuts.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quadro on the body image thing. I look in the mirror and I see an old, fat, out of shape Rod. I may never see the inshape guy I've become. And maybe that's a good thing, at least for me. It helps me stay focused on continuing to work out hard and avoid bad foods. I ran into some friends at lunch I hadn't seen in almost 2 years. They simply didn't recognize me at all. Funny, how I don't see the changes so much. And Charlie has always been a smaller lean person, and he too see's something completely different in the mirror too. I see a healthy fit and trim guy who has developed a nice upper body, when he never had one before. He see's an out of shape man with saggy boobs (LOL). It's funny what the mirrors of our minds do to us.

It's just such a glorious day down here. Quite unusual for this time of year, but a cold front actually pushed through early this morning and not that it's cold or anything, it's just so much cooler and less humid. It's one of those Chamber of Commerce days, with temps near 80, not a single cloud in the sky, which is an amazing blue and there's just no humidity out there at all. I wish my knee could stand a run, because it would be so much fun to run, but I won't chance hurting my knee further.

I will be heading to the gym soon and do some core then at least 45 minutes on the elliptical. Then as usual on Monday, I'll meet Charlie at our 2nd favorite Sushi spot for dinner, then coffee at Starbucks. With such fantastic weather, it will be a magical evening to sit under the oak tree near sunset and have coffee tonight!

Have a nice afternoon everyone.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 2:13:09 PM
Different mirrors make such an impact too. I am feeding a friend''s cats at the moment and the hallway mirror in the house makes me look so skinny, my bedroom one does not! It drives me nuts.
Can ya steal it??
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2007 2:17:41 PM

Can ya steal it??
9.gif
Funny Ellen. I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe you should offer to buy that mirror Lorelei!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 2:19:09 PM

Funny Ellen. I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe you should offer to buy that mirror Lorelei!!
Great/devious minds think alike.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2007 2:17:41 PM

Different mirrors make such an impact too. I am feeding a friend's cats at the moment and the hallway mirror in the house makes me look so skinny, my bedroom one does not! It drives me nuts.
Can ya steal it??
9.gif
I could quite easily and replace it with my fat mirror
3.gif
What a good idea...
28.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am all over the stealing of the skinny mirror...hehee. Go for it Lorelei!!! Then CLONE it and send one to each of us. What is the ETA on that?!

Great point, those who said that seeing yourself in the mirror at not quite where you want to be keeps motivating you, I definitely feel that way too. Kind of like 'the work is never done' in a way!! And man if I feel bloated or like I overindulged, nothing makes me feel better quite like a workout or a long walk or something. So it's definitely motivation.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall gladly share * cough* my mirror with each of you
37.gif
I love this thing! Equally shocking is my terrible posture, amazing how the belly disappears if I stand upright
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 2:59:14 PM
I shall gladly share * cough* my mirror with each of you
37.gif
I love this thing! Equally shocking is my terrible posture, amazing how the belly disappears if I stand upright
5.gif
Is true. Also makes the bust, well, bustier.
9.gif

*from Ellen, whose mother STILL pushes back and straightens her shoulders*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results