shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th May till 13th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to yoga tonight and I feel great! I didn''t do so well with eating though...I had one of my vices, mac and cheese...ewwww.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening WWT''ers! my workout was indeed good, i did 465 cals on the elliptical then about 10 minutes of arm weights...so i figure around 500ish+ for total cals. it felt really good to get the body moving for sure and the scale had gone back down from that weird spike it had over the wkd so i felt better about that lol.

came home, bathed portia, showered myself and then went next door to meet my neighbors for dinner. i had a cup of minestrone and my citrus salad with steamed shrimp. it comes with their version of ''bread on the side'' which is basically 2 small shortie pieces of pizza...soft and warm from the oven, yummy!! it''s been a few weeks since we went out with the neighbors so the three of us spent almost 3 hours talking! the weather was really nice today and this evening again so we sat outside which was so enjoyable. we were talking about how in other areas of the US it would be very hard to sit outside in the evening and not be sweaty hehe. though again this is unusual for this area, normally our nights are a bit colder than they have been.

had a few of my 20 cal whole foods cocoa cookies for dessert, they are so rich and bitter at the same time that i feel satiated with 4-5 which is nice considering i can typically eat a whole container of super sweet cookies. the neighbors are so thoughtful, while they were in napa they got me a box of champagne filled truffles, mmmm. but we''ll wait to break into those til we have a nice dinner to pair them with. anyhow tomorrow is an early morning call, and then another all day meeting...and then i am supposed to come home and do a 2-3m walk but we''ll see how i feel. i might feel the need to get to the gym again and move the body around a bit more than just walking. there is also talk of maybe a dinner out tomorrow with vendors so we''ll see how the day shapes up. anyhow hope everyone had a great day!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all
35.gif
It's the hump day!

I am glad I got myself back on track with eating; my hubby asked me last night if I wanted to meet him and his coworker at a steak place for lunch. I said nope(I know I would be bad if I went). Our house is filled with healthy foods.

Well, it is step tonight; I am looking forward to it because this weather has been weird. It seems like it might rainy and it doesn't and the day I decide to walk (yesterday); it showered. So glad for indoor step.

Mara, you sound pretty busy lately. Your neighboors sound very nice; great workout!
Kcoursolle, the Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese is pretty yummy! I love mac and cheese too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2007 8:30:25 AM
Author: Skippy123
Morning all
35.gif
It''s the hump day!

I am glad I got myself back on track with eating; my hubby asked me last night if I wanted to meet him and his coworker at a steak place for lunch. I said nope(I know I would be bad if I went). Our house is filled with healthy foods.

Well, it is step tonight; I am looking forward to it because this weather has been weird. It seems like it might rainy and it doesn''t and the day I decide to walk (yesterday); it showered. So glad for indoor step.

Mara, you sound pretty busy lately. Your neighboors sound very nice; great workout!
Kcoursolle, the Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese is pretty yummy! I love mac and cheese too.
Thritto mac ''n cheese, I make my own which is yummo. I am still hard at it working out, I have changed to the treadmill as my knees are hurting on the elliptical at the moment, so I am giving them a break.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All and happy Wednesday Weigh In. My stats are all exactly the same as last week, but here they are anyways:

Week 19
Height: 5''5"
Weight: 125.4
Bust: 32"
Waist: 26"
Lower Waist: 32"
Bicep: 11.5"
Hips: 36”
Thigh: 20"

That''s really awesome considering I had an extra splurge day thrown in. I know that''s what maintaining is all about, more leeway, but I always worry that eating that one extra thing will send my body into a tailspin.

As for the body image conversation that took place earier this week, it is really hard not to see the "old you" in the mirror. Sometimes i forget that I am no longer 200 lbs, and while it may be motivating in some ways, we should all remember to revel in our successes too!

I''m working today, hoping to come home and get in a workout. I need to rethink my exercise plan to include the physically taxing days when I will be sustituting. I''m thinking of cutting my workouts in 1/2 one or two days a week. I''ve started with an all or nothing attitude (if I can''t do an hour I don''t want to do anything) but I really do get a workout with the kids, so 1/2 an hour of elliptical after a long day would probably be a great balance.

I''m making stuffed bell peppers for dinner, yummy!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Wed.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 9:29:05 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thritto mac ''n cheese, I make my own which is yummo. I am still hard at it working out, I have changed to the treadmill as my knees are hurting on the elliptical at the moment, so I am giving them a break.
Quatro on the mac. I make mine too.
18.gif

And Kim, seriously, every little bit helps.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

Date: 5/9/2007 9:44:57 AM
Author: Ellen

18.gif

It''s so true, and I need to remember that...I''m not failing if I''ve done 1/2 an hour on the elliptical as opposed to an hour...so on work days, if that''s all I get in I need to think "It''s better than not moving at all!" It''s hard to be an all or nothing person sometimes!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2007 10:05:40 AM
Author: KimberlyH
1.gif

Date: 5/9/2007 9:44:57 AM
Author: Ellen

18.gif

It''s so true, and I need to remember that...I''m not failing if I''ve done 1/2 an hour on the elliptical as opposed to an hour...so on work days, if that''s all I get in I need to think ''It''s better than not moving at all!'' It''s hard to be an all or nothing person sometimes!
1.gif

I hear you Kim as I am the same way, but El is right that every little bit helps. Off to have a trot on the treadmill.
17.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 10:05:40 AM
Author: KimberlyH
1.gif

It''s so true, and I need to remember that...I''m not failing if I''ve done 1/2 an hour on the elliptical as opposed to an hour...so on work days, if that''s all I get in I need to think ''It''s better than not moving at all!'' It''s hard to be an all or nothing person sometimes!
1.gif
Yup.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
last night dh and i went walking around the neighborhood again. love that. we even got up to a slow jog a time or two. i hope to get up to doing more jogging and less walking.
5.gif
we cooked the THAI CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE recipe that merrijoy posted over in the wwt healthy recipe thread. yummo. i think next time we''ll cook it with shrimp instead and add chunky onions & bellpeppers.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 10:15:39 AM
Author: jcrow
last night dh and i went walking around the neighborhood again. love that. we even got up to a slow jog a time or two. i hope to get up to doing more jogging and less walking.
5.gif
we cooked the THAI CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE recipe that merrijoy posted over in the wwt healthy recipe thread. yummo. i think next time we''ll cook it with shrimp instead and add chunky onions & bellpeppers.
Aw, glad you liked it. I love that recipe. I am now looking for an easy, healthy Kung Pao recipe.

Since I am here, I will post my gym excursion from last night. 35 minutes of Arms, Legs and Abs. 30 minutes on the Stair Climber (the big gauntlet looking one) and 10 minutes on the Tread Climber (I saw them both discussed recently here). I wanted to do more on the Tread Climber, but it was already 9:30 pm - I had got to the gym at 8:10 pm.

Tonight is either another gym night or Pilates. I hope the smoke that Rod has been referring to goes away soon, as a friend and I run every Thursday eve, and I really don''t want to run in the smoky air.

Have a good day all.

M

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i haven''t been following these ww threads much, but i did notice mara, that you said you lost 20 lbs. since last year. (congrats!!) and there was discussion of the self you see versus the self you are. i was wondering, how did you see yourself last year?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning everyone...! skippy yep we have been really busy and we'll continue to be busy until almost middle of june with almost every weekend booked with events...the summer is shaping itself up to be fun times!

jcrow...well i guess i see myself as heavier, in a nutshell. mostly like 'soft' in some areas with extra 'pudge' hanging out in areas. my hips shrunk 5 inches but i think a lot of times i see myself and think they are still where they used to be. the interesting thnig for me is SCALE. not the evil 'weigh-yourself' scale...but scale as in proportion. i don't have a great idea of what i used to look like realistically since it has been a while and my weight loss was gradual, so i think that the mind tends to fill-in-the-blanks if you will. it remembers myself way worse than i used to look. also, my scale of comparison has changed. my frame is just plain smaller. so unless i have like a mirror image of what i used to look like up right next to my mirror every day, what i look like now just becomes 'normal' and then the scale slides from up to down from there. so it ends up not being like 'wow i look 20 lbs lighter' it's more like 'gosh i look a pound or two heavier/lighter'. does that make sense? the funny thing is that greg told me the other day that if i gained 5 lbs he wouldn't mind at all, haha. he definitely misses my more voluptuous parts.

in any case, i know the tricks the brain can play on us big time, hehee. a friend of mine who saw me on saturday, a day i felt REALLY bloated in the belly and like i was not looking super fab...i asked her if she thought i looked the same and she said she thought i looked thinner but it could have just been the top i was wearing. so perception is really all over! i'm thinking bloated, she's thinking thinner. hahaha. it just keeps reminding me that reality is different from perception in general. your perception of yourself and others perception of you will probably never match up!

i just try to keep things in perspective. like on monday, i felt kind of bloated from the weekend indulgences, but i put on some new A&F size 4 pants and within an hour they were loose around my hips...i thought man i should have worn a belt haha. so in reality, nothing changed. but i felt bloated. anyhow, i think the more we can 'reality check' ourselves the better for sure, and the healthier kind of image we will have of ourselves in our minds!

measurements this week are basically the same...i am kind of fluctuating up and down about 1/2" depending on the day etc. weight at ~132; bust 35ish; waist 26.5ish; hips 36.5ish. size wise i float between a 2-6 depending on the manufacturer...which is kind of funny because i never imagined i'd be wearing a 2. i think it's the manufacturers changing their size charts to accommodate 'growing america'. anyway, gotta run off and get ready, hope everyone has a fab day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of Mac and cheese lovers. Hey, I heard a good trick was to use EXTRA Sharp chedder and skim milk to make it more flavorful if you make your own.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2007 10:31:31 AM
Author: merrijoy

5.gif
Aw, glad you liked it. I love that recipe. I am now looking for an easy, healthy Kung Pao recipe.

Since I am here, I will post my gym excursion from last night. 35 minutes of Arms, Legs and Abs. 30 minutes on the Stair Climber (the big gauntlet looking one) and 10 minutes on the Tread Climber (I saw them both discussed recently here). I wanted to do more on the Tread Climber, but it was already 9:30 pm - I had got to the gym at 8:10 pm.

Tonight is either another gym night or Pilates. I hope the smoke that Rod has been referring to goes away soon, as a friend and I run every Thursday eve, and I really don''t want to run in the smoky air.

Have a good day all.

M
Are you in Tampa too?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, isn''t the fire in Cali near LA?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday All,

Nothing exciting to report. Ran around and did errands. I''m heading to the gym soon. It will be an early gym day for me. It''s a beautiful breezy blue sky low humidity no smoke in the sky day in Tampa. I''d really rather go for a run, but my knee isn''t 100% and I just don''t want to chance hurting it again. I hope to start running again next week.

Your stats are just fantastic Kimberly. Now you know a day of splurges won''t hurt you. A week or more of splurges and that would be a different story.
11.gif
Keep up the good work. And while I''m thinking about it, I also read that 30 minutes of cardio is plenty as long as it''s done at least 3 times a week. And I know you do it more than that, so don''t be concerned about not doing more. I had gotten my mind into the more is better mindset too. And it''s evidently not true, unless one''s goal is to lose huge amounts of weight. Obviously more cardio will burn more calories and help burn more fat. Otherwise, 30 minutes is a good cardio workout.

Skippy, I love mac and cheese too. I used to just love the (I''m sure nutritionally lacking and probably oh so fattening) Kraft Mac and Cheese, but alas it is one of the foods Rod''s mind simply won''t let him consume anymore, like Pizza. I rarely eat any pastas anymore. I still eat plenty of carbs though as everything I''ve read says that when you workout your body needs carbs to give the body fuel. And surprisingly, the only food the brain uses come from carbs, so a diet low in carbs is actually not a really good thing. I guess it''s like everything else, moderation moderation moderation!

Have a great day everyone!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
skippy, there are 2 fires going on..one in CAL and the other in GA, FL, it's so very sad
7.gif

so, today is just 2 walks with Zoe day. I had to go the mall and get Mother's day presents so I can get them in the mail today. I had Lily with me and she decided she wanted to get her ear re-pierced. some of you may remember the whole ear piercing ordeal last fall and the uneven/low hole. anyway, we went for it and it's perfect. she looks so great having 2 earrings back in instead of being an 80's one earring gal. She actually handled it much better this time too and I think being just a bit older really helped, well that and the green sucker she got right after. lunch wasn't so heathly either b/c it was fast food on the go but I managed to stay under 400 calories so I don't feel too bad. dinner will be turkey burgers and a small salad so lighter than normal which will be good.

i hope everyone has a great day..

oh and dee jay, any news from your doctor's office?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2007 2:12:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
Rod, isn't the fire in Cali near LA?
I believe it is, but the fires that are creating smoky condidtions here in Tampa, are in Georgia and Northern Florida. This is our dry season and this time of year it's brush fire time. Our rainy season will 'fire' up in about 6 weeks and then we'll all be wondering when the 'gods' are going to turn off the spigot. We get a thunderstorm almost every afternoon (you can almost set our watch to it) in Florida. It's when the sea breezes from the two coasts collide and boom, lightning thunder and a big downpour happens. Then, it clears off and leaves big puffy clouds for some of the most spectacular sunsets you could ever imagine. Bet you didn't know that Tampa, FL., is the lightning capital of North America. How about that for something to be famous for?? Plus during the summer months, it's common to turn off your sprinklers and not worry about watering your plants or yard, because mother nature takes care of it for you. All we have to do is hope the hurricane 'gods' spare us a big storm. For a good 5 months they worry us to death over storms brewing in the Atlantic, Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico. It's all the news people seem to talk about. Tampa has not had a direct hit by a Hurricane since the early 1900's. I guess we're due, but here's hoping our luck continues for many decades to come.

And you thought you asked such a simple question didn't you Skippy!!??
23.gif
28.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 2:11:11 PM
Author: Rod

5.gif

Have a good day all.

M
Are you in Tampa too?
South Florida. It was really bad last night. They are putting restrictions on children playing sports outdoors.
It is moving down due to the Hurricane (or Tropical Storm?) Andrea.

M

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2007 2:32:04 PM

Date: 5/9/2007 2:11:11 PM
Author: Rod

5.gif

Have a good day all.

M
Are you in Tampa too?
South Florida. It was really bad last night. They are putting restrictions on children playing sports outdoors.
It is moving down due to the Hurricane (or Tropical Storm?) Andrea.

M
Got ya......the smoke has cleared out of Tampa today and it''s just beautiful. I hope it clears for you too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the fires; I hope they contain them SOON!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 2:29:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo
skippy, there are 2 fires going on..one in CAL and the other in GA, FL, it''s so very sad
7.gif

so, today is just 2 walks with Zoe day. I had to go the mall and get Mother''s day presents so I can get them in the mail today. I had Lily with me and she decided she wanted to get her ear re-pierced. some of you may remember the whole ear piercing ordeal last fall and the uneven/low hole. anyway, we went for it and it''s perfect. she looks so great having 2 earrings back in instead of being an 80''s one earring gal. She actually handled it much better this time too and I think being just a bit older really helped, well that and the green sucker she got right after. lunch wasn''t so heathly either b/c it was fast food on the go but I managed to stay under 400 calories so I don''t feel too bad. dinner will be turkey burgers and a small salad so lighter than normal which will be good.

i hope everyone has a great day..

oh and dee jay, any news from your doctor''s office?
lol! Good deal.

And ditto to DeeJay.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha well i got into work today and some evil soul (my stick thin coworker!) had brought donuts. so, donuts being my absolute most favorite sweet weakness in the world, i had a bunch of little pieces of different donuts (better that way i figure!). for lunch a bunch of them went to this fish taco place but keeping in mind they might be going out tonite again and i might go with them, i stayed behind and have a TJ''s salad for lunch which is like 50 cals and my dressing is 25 cals so between my 100 cal original breakfast and my light lunch, the donuts will hopefully make no impact!!!
5.gif
i have extra cals anyway for ''emergencies'' but i''d like to keep it as level as possible. on a good note, our meetings broke early and we''ll have one or two one hour ones this afternoon but other than that i am free which means i can actually get some work done..and take a walk like i missed out on yesterday. it''s beautiful outside today as well, not too hot and not too cool.

rod re: the mac and cheese, kraft actually makes an organic version which is the one we eat now, and greg and i share a box sometimes for dinner with a green salad. with 1% milk and 1/2 of the butter they say to use, it''s actually not bad for you at all. something like 3 servings of 350 cals each and so i have like one serving and give greg two servings. it''s a great way to get that familiar kraft taste we all know and love but without breaking the healthy lifestyle bank! and greg loves the kraft mac and cheese so by sneaking in the organic more healthy version he gets to enjoy it and i do too but not in a bad way. and i know i have said this before but if you have an Amicis pizza in tampa you should check it out. the 7" personal ones are all under 500 cals, i love their margherita one which is like 420 cals. so you can literally eat the entire pizza and still be okay.
2.gif
we typically share a minestrone and salad and then get a pizza each.

anyway, i am going to do a short 1m walk in a few minutes and enjoy the sun before going into some meetings and then this evening hopefully i will be able to get a long walk in...i''m not sure what the plan is for dinner here but if i can skip out on it i will hehe. we are going to la fondue this saturday AND a mother''s day dinner at an italian place on sunday so i keep thinking about the upcoming foodfest we have going on this wkd (and la fondue is like insane with the food and you want to EAT IT ALL) hahaah.

hope all are having a fab day!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey all!

Sounds like everyone is having a great day!

I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical when I got home and then hit the shower. It''s getting close to time for me to start making dinner; we haven''t had stuffed peppers in a while so I''m really looking forward to it! YUMMY!

Rod, I''ll let John know that if he starts to get sick of me he has a home waiting for him in Tampa as long as he''s willing to cook. As long as you do dishes it would be perfect!

It''s been a while since I''ve consistently been in a lunch room at an office/workplace. I am just amazed by the meals people consume in the middle of the afternoon! I would want to take a nap after eating as much as I see some people do! The women I sat with kept pushing me to eat the sandwiches a parent had brought in for Teacher Appreciation Week and when I declined they wanted me to take some home for a snack. A sandwich is simply not a snack! It''s been so long (5+ years) since I''ve been an overeater that I often forget what people consume on a regular basis as I eat at home so often.

Mara, it''s crazy how screwy our clothing sizes are. John''s mom always used to try to pawn her good clothes (beautiful vintage pieces but not quite suited for my lifestyle) off on me (she was quite the shopping consure in her day) and just to appease her I tried some on. The clothes were purchased anywhere from 1950-1965 and they ranged from a size 12-14, I wore an 8 at the time and they all either fit me or were a bit snug. I understand that we have grown both in height and width over time, but it''s so sad that manufacturers have made such large adjustments in sizes to appease the public. If there were some consistency perhaps society as a whole would be a bit more aware of their true physical beings. I''ve heard that wedding dresses are a good guage of true size as they have not adjusted much over the years.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I went online and it seems Amici's Pizza is only on the west coast, but it does look good. I'll have to get a box of the organic Kraft Mac and Cheese, sounds good. When Charlie and used to eat it (long long ago), we'd just split the whole thing between us. I always wondered who could get 4 servings out of a box of Mac and Cheese??

Kimberly, washing the dishes is A-OK with me!!! You just let me know when John will be headed our way.......LOL

I had a great workout this afternoon. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a nice solid session. I pushed extra hard on the elliptical, which I've been doing lately. Maybe it's because I'm not running and I truly believe running outdoors is a harder, burn more calories kind of exercise and since I haven't been able to run, I want to get the absolute most out of my cardio sessions on the elliptical.

Charlie had been out of town for a one night trip, so after the gym, I headed to the airport and picked him up. We went to a new restaurant that opened just one block from our Starbucks, called the Lime. It was a lot of fun. It's a sort of Tapas - Mexican - South American place. For example, I had coconut milk south american paella, with fresh tuna and shrimp. It was really really good. And Charlie had some bowl of chicken fajita entre, without the fajita. I'm not sure I'm explaining that one too well. It was in a bowl with rice and chicken and all sorts of veggies, but the flavoring's were based on Mexican Fajita's without the Fajita. Anyway, it was a nice fun place to go and one we'll certainly go to again. Then we just walked around the corner and sat under our oak tree and had coffee. It's just a lovely evening in Tampa. Warm, but not hot. Breezy, but not windy. Blue skies, but there are just the right amount of puffy clouds to make the sunset enjoyable.

That's about all the news from my side of the planet. I hope everyone's having a really nice evening. I hope you got to go home and take that walk Mara as opposed to having to dine out with clients. It's usually a long drawn out dining experience when clients are involved.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, about a month ago I posted my measurements. Here are the updates:

Before Now
Height: 5''5" 5''5"
Weight: 131 129
Bust: 33" 33"
Waist: 29 at bellybutton 28.75"
lower waist: 33" 32.5
Hips: 37" 36"
Thighs: 23.5" (left) 24" (right) 23" (left) 23.75" (right)
Arms: 11" 10.75"

Of course, the ever growing disparity between the size of my thighs is annoying, but overall, I''m excited. I lost 5 pounds within two weeks when I started exercising two months ago, but then the scale kept saying 131 no matter what, so I stopped expecting it to change. Then I noticed that my "skinny" pants (pants I could barely wear two months ago) seemed really loose today and wondered if I might have accidentally put on my "fat" pants. That inspired me to measure and weigh myself again. Hey, it''s only two pounds, I know, but my goal weight is about 125 so I''m that much closer.

Even better is that my husband is making an effort to get healthy too. He''s always loved mountain biking and was competitive at it when he was younger, but then he started smoking and got out of shape. He''s still smoking, but the other night he said for the first time that he''s going to quit. And he''s biking again. We''re (well, mostly he''s . . . I''m kitchen challenged) cooking more at home. He said the other night that couples must usually get in shape together because you don''t want to be a lazy slob while your spouse is exercising and changing eating habits.

As for diet, I''ve not been able to get into calorie counting or anything like that, but I''ve been trying to cut out as much crap as possible. Breakfast is cereal and OJ, lunch is the least terrible school lunch option with a side of vegetables and and a fruit cup and approximately 2 to 4 oz. of coke (a girl must have her vice), snacks can be peanuts or yoghurt or fruit or whole wheat pita with hummus, and dinner is much less meat and much more vegetables. Pasta is now whole wheat as much as possible and rice is brown. I''m trying to make what we put into our recipes better too -- things like chicken broth and soy sauce have so much salt!

If we eat out or are at a party I won''t be as stringent, but it must be working overall for the scale to finally have moved again.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
went to step; lost 2 lbs! See you all tomorrow!

Yeah, for everyone doing well
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You go Phoenix! And Phoenix, I hope your hubby quits the evil weed too. When I was smoking, I realized I had reduced lung capacity and it became really apparent when I was breathing hard after skating with people who didn''t smoke and they weren''t breathing like they''d done anything out of the oridnary. Now, almost 2 years since I quit smoking, I''ve worked so hard on building my cardio and lung capacity that I''m right up there (even better in some cases) than guys half my age. Anyway, good for you both working on being in better health and physical shape.

You go too Skippy!! Keep up the great work there girl!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi gang! kudos skippy and PG on weight loss, that is so great!! and yay PG for wearing skinny pants. that''s so awesome. rod sounds like you had a nice day, your dinner sounds yummy!! i love modern takes on old types of food like that. good for you kimberly for working out and i agree, 30 minutes of something is better than nothing. heck even 10 minutes of something is better than nothing. that is why i have added walks into my days whenever i can get them, even 10 minutes of being outside just makes me feel so much better and limbers up the muscles!

yay i did get to come home and take the walk which was good because my day consisted really odd eating habits. so i was really glad i didn''t have to continue the pattern. haha. after the donuts i ended up eating like 1/3 of a container of whole foods trail mix, which is healthy sure but just a load of calories i am sure. and fiber, haha. then i had some cookies in the afternoon. so that was my day. donuts, trail mix and cookies. awesome. i did take a 1.5m walk at work and then when i got home, i gave greg a big kiss and then changed into my capris and tank top and hit the road for a walk. i did about 3.5m and maybe more like 3.75m and walked for an hour. it was a really nice evening, warm day but not too hot so i got a nice breeze as the sun went down but it was never too cold or too hot. watered my patio garden when i got home...greg is at rehearsal again tonite as he has a concert friday night which i''ll be going to. for dinner i decided that since he was gone and i''m really on my own i will just do a hodgepodge of healthy stuff that is low-cal but high nutrient so i can round out the day at a decent caloric intake and get some positives in. so i am doing some brown rice, broccoli and a veggie burger all mixed up with some mango peach salsa. gives me lots of fiber and protein and really no fat...thank goodness because i''m sure the donuts and trail mix were my fat intake for the day lol. i am finding though that some days at work when there is just a ton of stuff to eat and i end up snacking all day, that if i can have a light dinner that i am really no worse for the wear (knock on wood) since i am in maintenance mode...i don''t have to be as strict. and as long as i am aware of when i indulge and can scale it back elsewhere, for the most part it seems to balance out. especially because i am still really active. on average the last month i have still been burning about 3200 cals a week. so overall i feel like i can do 99% of what i want when i want and just be aware of when to notch it down. which is a nice feeling. i''m still getting the hang of the maintenance thing but i''m learning!!

anyway, time to make my hodgepodge dinner...hope everyone had a great day...and is looking fwd to tomorrow, it''s almost friday!! our anniversary, 3 years is this saturday, and we are going to La Fondue, this fab place out here that is like the Melting Pot but 10000% better. we love it. we basically don''t eat a thing all day to prepare because it''s sooo much food. but it''s wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results