shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 6th Aug till 12th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
skippy - congrats on the 2 lbs, that''s awesome
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

neatfreak - I''m sure you do understand the pain with the big dogs...I think it was actually the equipment that did most of the damage (imagine a giant see-saw/teeter-totter, made of really heavy metal...) Ugh
3.gif

Monnie - I''m sure you could train a beagle for agility. Especially at the beginning levels, its mostly done in a controlled environment (i.e. minimal distractions). You use really high-value treats (cut up Natural Balance logs, hot dogs, cheese, chicken, whatever), you start with your dog hungry, and you give them tons of encouragement. Most of them take to it pretty quickly and think its great fun. I''m sure a trainer could work with you on focusing your dog on you if distractability were a problem. Give it a shot if you can find classes in your area - awesome way to bond with your dog, and lots of fun!
36.gif
(good workout too!
2.gif
)

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
JAS, I''m really sorry to hear about the bait and switch with your job. I''m glad you have a strategy.

Marcy, how does your hair look today? Relaxed a bit, I hope!

AmberGretchen, I''m so sorry to hear about your knee! You have such a good attitude about it!

Allycat, hang in there! 3 days isn''t a lot of time to get the scale to move much. Maybe give it a break for a little and be sure to measure at the same time of day.

Skippy, yeah for two pounds down!

Well, it''s hot as all get out here. I did a Firm video I usually don''t do since it just uses their weighted stick and no hand-weights. It was more cardio than I usually do. I think it was good to change things up a bit.

I also went out around 10:30 to pick up my husband''s dry-cleaning. It''s 0.6 miles away, so again, I just couldn''t drive. It was already in the mid-90''s.
14.gif
I waited to shower until after my errand because I knew I would just get my clean clothes sweaty.

Tonight I''m meeting a friend for dinner. She lives out in the suburbs where the only close place is an Irish pub. I just don''t know what I''m going to eat. Did you know I haven''t eaten French fries for months? Well, I had a couple when someone ordered them as an appetizer, but I haven''t had them as a side. I don''t see them that way anymore. I actually had a dream where somebody was trying to make me eat all this disgusting lard-ridden fast food, and I woke up nauseated.

So anyway, I looked at the menu, and I unless I order a salad (can get marinated cucumber salad with grilled chicken and crumbled bleu cheese . . . sounds boring and unlikely to be all that great at a pub), the only thing that isn''t just a big old serving o'' meat and potatoes is the corned beef and cabbage with mashed potatoes. Am I crazy to think that wouldn''t be too terrible since it has peas and carrots too? I''m ok with eating red meat once in a while, but I try to avoid mashed potatoes because of their glycemic load and relative lack of nutrients and eat as many vegetables as possible . . . otherwise my digestion is off. Have I crossed the line into excessively-health conscious just by asking this question?

Another option is crab cakes with mashed potatoes and vegetables . . .

It''s funny because I know that most people focus more on calories than content, but I''m the reverse. I worry more about what I''m putting into my body than how much (I figure my weight will let me know if I''m over or under-doing it). I''m a pretty all or nothing person, so now that I''m trying to be healthy, I want to make choices that are good for me. I don''t want to be like, "It''s ok to eat this trans-fat ridden nutritionally void snack because it''s just x calories."

My weight''s been pretty stable at 121-122 for the last few weeks. I think this is pretty ideal for me and hope to keep it there. My husband has noticed changes in how toned I am recently, so my body is still changing, but I think I''m done losing the excess weight I was carrying around (well, except for that infuriating right thigh!
20.gif
). I want to be realistic in my goals.

It may be that I haven''t been eating enough recently because I''ve been usually hungry and snacky. Certainly when I am working out an hour a day I should be aiming for 2,000 calories or even more.

OK, I am going to have fun tonight and not worry about it too much. No, I''m not going to order something fried or breaded, but I''m not going to die if I have Irish pub food one night.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check-in as I''m swamped here at work (still catching up from being out last week)

My eating has been great. lots of veggies, fruits & fish over the last couple of days. had 2.5 glasses of wine last night, but that''s really been my only indulgence so far!

Worked out on Monday at the new gym on the way to work (got up at 5:50a- yuk!) I''ve been waiting for this L.A Fitness location to open, as the one near my home and work are soooo old and run down. This new one is right off the freeway and is super-convenient. Had a great workout Monday morning, and walked yesterday (telecommuting day) won''t be able to work out today as I slept in, and then have French class this eve. I plan to head back to the gym tomorrow.

Bfast was good ''ol oatmeal- threw some strawberries in to spice it up. I''m meeting a friend for sushi in 1/2 hour- yum! Snack and dinner are planned, so I feel good.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Let''s get over hump day and then look forward to the weekend!

AG- take care of your knee!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PG - it sounds like your body is in a really good place. I''m still trying to figure out if I''m maintaining or still losing - I''d like to still be losing but I''m trying to let my body tell me where it wants to be. I totally understand about feeling gross when you eat crappy food though - I''ve been experiencing that A LOT, and I''ve found that if I make the bulk of my meal veggies, that often helps. I get some weird looks when I order 2 or 3 vegetable sides and an appetizer in restaurants, but it really works, and it still feels like an indulgence if the appetizer is something really yummy that I wouldn''t normally eat, but as far as my body is concerned, 3-4 onion rings or whatever isn''t really a huge deal.

CG - awesome on the new gym, I know the one I go to is really new and nice and it definitely contributes to the motivation!! Thanks for the good thoughts about my knee.

Today is my first full day up and about on it at the lab, so we''ll see how it feels when I go home tonight - the days get longer from here through the weekend, so hopefully if I baby it when I''m home it will be OK. It is starting to feel a little better already, so fingers crossed its just a nasty bruise and nothing worse!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wooohooo
36.gif
...i got the job..yay!!!
36.gif
. i think i lost 2 pounds just being nervous about it. i am a 2nd grade teacher...again...lol.

my dh went and bought my favorite homemade ice....marachino cherry and chocolate
9.gif
..i''m going to splurge tonight.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So for all of you who are following the trainer story, I just got back from my first real session with him! Now I thought he was kicking my butt on Monday, but that was just an "evaluation". He wanted to see where I was at, what I needed to work on most, and then he was going to come up with a plan for me.

So, we met again today, and he is just the kindest gentlest person ever. Very into making sure I do the exercises properly, and he is very intuitive. So he shuts up when I'm doing fine, then is quietly motivating just when I need him to be. I LOVE him. He's from Romania, and used to be in the circus! He did cirque du soleil type acrobatics...how cool is that?

Anyway, so he is very old school, which I like. No machines, lots of medicine balls, and LOTS of multi-purpose exercises. Which is great because you get a lot of bang for your buck in terms of time. I am so so sore now, but in a good way. For anyone thinking about it, I suggest that you see if your gym offers a free "intro" session with their trainers first. Because I don't think that I would get along with a few of the other trainers there based on what I see with their other clients. So we were matched up very nicely.

He also asked me to track my diet (which I do anyway so I was able to give him a week's worth today), and he is going to analyze it on his own time and come back and let me know what I can do to tweak it. He also offered to do some research for me on different protein powders on the market and what might be best for me. He really is great.

So far so good!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
20.gif

Date: 8/7/2007 8:35:51 PM
Author: Skippy123
Hey all! I just mowed the lawn and was literally running so it wouldn''t rain/lightning and I was so out of breathe!!! I jumped in the shower but I think I need to jump in again because I am all sweaty
15.gif
Has that happened to anyone before??? I guess I need to cool down first.

Well I went to PT and they were so proud of how strong I got in a week!! My knees still hurt but I guess I am making progress (shrugs shoulders).

Hey, Lumpkin good to see you, please stay! How is the core plan?
Yes! It''s so doggone hot. Anytime I do anything outside when I''m done I come in and have a giant glass of ice water before I shower, otherwise I still sweat. I can usually tell it''s going to be that if my face is very red and/or splotchy.

The Core Plan??? What''s that???
20.gif
I''ve not been doing it at all. I haven''t even been going to the meetings, but you would not believe the two weeks I''ve had. But at least I can say I''m not a quitter anymore! At least on some things. I finally got the dressing room painted, including the cabinets and trim, but I still need to do the big doors. I''m not sure I''m going to because we may buy some raised pannel doors. I stripped the wallpaper off the boys'' bathroom and got the ceiling and walls painted this week, but I still need to do the trim and window. My hubby''s installing the new baseboards and quarter round now. He was supposed to do it two nights ago, but there was a problem with the edges of the vinyl floor curling up -- he''s fixed that so now the baseboards can be put down. I was at Home Depot today and when I went back out to the car, with both boys in 95+ degree heat, my ignition was messed up AGAIN. The key won''t turn in it and I hit it with a mallet, tried to adjust the steering, everything that has worked before. So the car''s at Home Depot and after hubby gets the baseboard down we''re going to drive back out there and see if he has any better luck. So instead of getting hubby that TV for our bedroom, we''ll be buying a new iginition switch. It''s been one thing after another this past two weeks but I''m finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow is hubby''s birthday and this weekend we go visit his folks, then next week school starts. Oh, c... My husband''s father has called. Doesn''t look like I''m getting those baseboards done tonight after all.
29.gif
Looks like I''m going to have to learn how to use that pneumatic nail gun.
27.gif
Hope your week is going a lot better than mine. I''m ready to run away from home and change my name so no one can come and find me! Just kidding. But it has been a very stressful summer (year).

Geez, sorry to be so negative.
14.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY on the job NYC!! Congratulations!! There's a whole group of 2nd graders who don't yet know how lucky they will be to have you as their teacher!!

YAY on a great interview Monnie!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed that you get the offer. You knew I would suggest the TY letter, so good for you!!

YAY on 2 lbs lost Skippy. And yes, when we finish our workouts and take showers, I'm usually still quite hot and I could take a 2nd shower right away.

YAY on the trainer pushing you hard neatfreak!! That's why we love our trainer. He pushes us harder than we ever imagined we could ever be pushed!!

BOO on such a stressfull summer/year Lumpkin. I hope things go better soon!

We made it the gym around 6 tonight. It's amazing how just after a couple days I could feel a difference. I'm more accustomed to working out continuously, that having the extra days rest didn't really provide the benefit I thought. If anything, I felt more tired going into the workout than I usually do, so I pushed even harder to make up for lost time. I wound up having a very strong and respectable workout, but man I struggled at first. I don't think I'm going to like having to take a full week off after my biopsy, but I guess I have no real choice about that anyway.

Anyway, it was a good workout, then I came home and had fresh homemade (from our little specialty grocery store) Cajun Cabbage and Sausage soup. Wowsa, was it ever good and spicey! Yummm. Then, I had my 3 squares of dark chocolate and I'll have my fuji apple soon.

Have a great night everyone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Rod, you had me laughing so hard w/your Yay's and Boo's. hehehe Good job on the workout Hot Bod Rod. The Cajun Cabbage and Sausage soup sounds yummy!
3.gif
3.gif
Thanks for letting know I am not alone on the shower thing and thanks for the good weight loss wishes. hehehe

PHX, hope you have a nice dinner and found something health w/your friend!!! Let us know what you end up ordering. Thanks for the good weight loss wishes.

Charger, yay for healthy eating and working out at your new gym. 5 is early, bleh.

AG, I am soooo sorry about your knee; I hope the swelling goes down. Gosh, that is pain that they didn't listen to you; how annoying!!! I hope you get better soon!
12.gif
Also, thanks for the good weight loss wishes.

NYC, yay for the job!!!! Great job!
36.gif
Have fun celebrating over ice cream, yum!

Neatfreak, that is wonderful you got a trainer! He sounds nice and that is cool about the circus!

Lumpkin, gosh, we all have those days, don't feel negative. I am glad it is almost over but it sounds like your day was stressful. Hang in their friend; sending good vibes your way for a better day tomorrow and Happy Birthday to your hubby!!! Thanks for letting know I am not alone on the shower thing. hehehe

Mara, DeeJay, Jas, Marcy and Kimberly I am thinking of you cuties!
9.gif

I only walked 3 miles because it was so hot 90 degrees and I need new tennis shoes. The heel has a hole in the material so it is causing me a mamnoth blister
14.gif
. I tried duct taping it but no cigar so I am online buy shoes through zappos w/supposed next day delivery.
20.gif

Happy HUMP DAY!!!!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY on making you laugh Skippy!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:55:20 PM
Author: Rod
See told you, you are precious. . . no, actually FABULOUS is a better word to describe you Rod!!!!
9.gif

Hey, Monnie, thinking of you too, sweetie!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2007 11:02:58 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 8/8/2007 10:55:20 PM
See told you, you are precious. . . no, actually FABULOUS is a better word to describe you Rod!!!!
9.gif

Hey, Monnie, thinking of you too, sweetie!!
YAY for making me smile and blush Skippy!! You know how much I enjoy being your friend. There are times when I think it''s a shame all us WWT PS''ers are all so far from each other. We should just start a commune and all move in together. Yeah, that''s it!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 11:18:54 PM

YAY for making me smile and blush Skippy!! You know how much I enjoy being your friend. There are times when I think it's a shame all us WWT PS'ers are all so far from each other. We should just start a commune and all move in together. Yeah, that's it!!!
LOL
lol.gif
I agree. hehe Everyone is so sweeeeet! Plus the day you didn't check in you almost gave me a heart attack so I was praying you were okay since that was so unlike you (I was a dork to worry, but you are my friend that is why I did).
I do feel like we are a big ole family here.
slider_grouphugg.gif

ETA: Oh, no PHX I am sorry your food was bland. Sounds like the company was good!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ew, I did get the corned beef and cabbage, and my friend go the crab cakes, and both of our meals were bland and unimpressive. I didn''t eat much of mind, so my friend said to the waitress, "She doesn''t eat much," when she took our plates and I said I didn''t want to take it home. Now I don''t think that''s true, but that''s ok. She goes there a lot so I guess she doesn''t want them to think we hate their food.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow health seekers.
35.gif
We are closing in on the weekend. Woo hoo!
36.gif
I took off work a little early today to do some family things then drove 90 miles to leave my ering and other rings from that store to be sized down so they’ll stop flopping around on my fingers. I had a sick feeling leaving “my precious” behind. I wore my heart diamond RHR coming home and freaked out every time I looked down and didn’t see my RB sparkling back at me. I did try on a PC ½ ct. anniversary band with my ering while there and decided that is most likely what I want for Christmas. They looked good together.
I took my parents out for supper tonight then we went shopping. I found a few cotton shirts on sale so picked them up for fall. When I got home I decided to try on the jumper I got about 3 weeks ago and it is certainly looser now. I would say it fits well enough to wear it but I think I’ll wait a few more weeks before wearing it to work.
Amber, I sure hope you are doing better today. Your situation reminds me of when we set up telescopes for the public and have so many children grabbing this, hanging on that, etc. and we are trying to protect everyone’s telescopes from getting trashed. It’s hard to control crowds and get everyone’s attention. That’s nice the family was nice about it.
Allycat, hang in there. The scale will budge and inches will come off. Don’t be hard on yourself because you ate something; the important thing is you go right back to following your plan.
NYC, congratulations on getting your teaching job.
36.gif
I am so happy to hear that.
Chrono, sorry to hear about your infection. I am glad the pills are helping and I hope you are feeling better.
Kimberly, I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your parents and tasting wine.
Neatfreak, I am delighted to hear your trainer is working out for you. He sounds wonderful. That is great to have a gym buddy.
Lorelei, I was just thinking the same thing – a trainer sounds like a great idea. If I didn’t have 3 classes starting in 2 weeks plus working full time; I think I’d go for it. I know, I know you are never too busy to take care of yourself but fall semester will be insane. I’ve already got 55 students enrolled.
Skippy, my friend – congratulations on loosing 2 pounds. Yippee!!
36.gif
Sorry to hear about the blister. Yuck!
PhoenixGirl, my hair is more relaxed today but I only got it wet; I didn’t use shampoo on it. I am sure it will look better tomorrow. That is interesting about the dream. I am so excited for you that you are maintaining your weight and like where you are. It’s wonderful you body is still changing and toning up. I am sorry the meal at the restaurant wasn’t very good tonight; I hope you enjoyed spending time with your friend though.
ChargerGirl, that is terrific to have a nice, new gym that is conveniently located for you. I hope you’ll enjoy it.
Lumpkin, sorry to hear your week has been so stressful. I think trying to get things done around the house are always more work and stress than we ever plan on them being. I hope everything settles down soon.
Rod, it sounds like you really had a great work out tonight. It just makes your yummy chocolate taste even better.
Have a great Thursday!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:03:03 PM
YAY on the job NYC!! Congratulations!! There''s a whole group of 2nd graders who don''t yet know how lucky they will be to have you as their teacher!!

YAY on a great interview Monnie!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed that you get the offer. You knew I would suggest the TY letter, so good for you!!

YAY on 2 lbs lost Skippy. And yes, when we finish our workouts and take showers, I''m usually still quite hot and I could take a 2nd shower right away.

YAY on the trainer pushing you hard neatfreak!! That''s why we love our trainer. He pushes us harder than we ever imagined we could ever be pushed!!

BOO on such a stressfull summer/year Lumpkin. I hope things go better soon!

We made it the gym around 6 tonight. It''s amazing how just after a couple days I could feel a difference. I''m more accustomed to working out continuously, that having the extra days rest didn''t really provide the benefit I thought. If anything, I felt more tired going into the workout than I usually do, so I pushed even harder to make up for lost time. I wound up having a very strong and respectable workout, but man I struggled at first. I don''t think I''m going to like having to take a full week off after my biopsy, but I guess I have no real choice about that anyway.

Anyway, it was a good workout, then I came home and had fresh homemade (from our little specialty grocery store) Cajun Cabbage and Sausage soup. Wowsa, was it ever good and spicey! Yummm. Then, I had my 3 squares of dark chocolate and I''ll have my fuji apple soon.

Have a great night everyone!!

Fuji apples are the best. Yumm!

We''ve had the best cherries this summer. I got a big bag of them and pitted them so we could eat them without a hassle. The kids love them and they''re so full of anti-oxidants. Sometimes I think I could live on the raw food diet. I really do love raw veggies and fruits. Haven''t had any luck with watermelons this year though. Almost every one we''ve gotten has been mealy and tasteless. Last year they were so good and I was looking forward to them. The blueberries have been really good lately, too.

I like soups, too, Rod. We have a Middle Eastern restaurant that has the best lentle soup, which is one of my favorites.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello wwt''ers!! tonite is our last nite here in PS and we''ve had a wonderful vacation. i am SO DARK it''s hilarious, everyone who has been here with us at the pool since we got here is always like ''oh my gosh you are getting so dark''...it is very easy for me to get color and it doesn''t take much at all. and i have been wearing sunscreen as well the whole time, granted sometimes it was just 8 but most of the time it was 15 and i am still super dark. we feel nicely relaxed and i wish we had one more full day but oh well, as greg says all good things must come to an end.

i have worked out 2x a day since we got here (1x on the afternoon we arrived and 1x tomorrow morning but otherwise 2x day!) and it''s been so awesome! i love having time all to ourselves whre we can just relax...our days have been filled with gym, eating yummy food, pool and drink time, gym, spa treatments, eating, sleeping...all sorts of fun relaxing things. hehe. we definitely feel like we needed and deserved this as we have both been swamped at work.

lorelei, the lemon griddle cakes were two pancakes that were very zesty lemony and had a big dollop of the devonshire cream on them....i spread the cream in like butter and used a bit of maple syrup as well. they were topped with carmelized lemon peel curls. seriously divine. we also have had custom omelets, a chorizo and egg item today, the super blueberry pancakes with devonshire cream, granola with nonfat yogurt, fruit plate, and the macadamia banana nut pancakes but the lemon griddle cakes were by far the superior item so far. tomorrow for our last breakfast we are getting the famous crunchy french toast, probably the granola with the nonfat yogurt (a fave) and one more item, not sure what!! greg loves eggs benny so maybe one of those. but i am tempted to get the lemon griddle cakes AGAIN they were that good.

we have been eating huge breakfasts but then we end up just having grapes and banana for lunch (the gym has fresh fruit put out every morning so we take a cup with us when we leave and eat it at the pool later) and then dinners out. and with my dual workouts, i guess i am staying in good shape. i used the scale yesterday at the gym and found that i lost a lb...which i thought was funny but it''s probably just dehydration, it''s so hot here!

at the gym i am doing about 450-550 cals in the mornings and then about 300ish in the evenings. but today i did about 650 cals in the morning and 300 at night, so wow. have i mentioned i love having all this time on our hands and a gym i can just walk to ? hehe. i am using this cool elliptical machine they have that i have not seen before, it really works you, and greg taught me the erg, a rowing machine, so i started that today, and also have been doing run/walks on the treadmill and using arm weights/machines.

ally it''s funny you mention working out on vacation, i am a dedicated workout person now wherever i go. i seriously don''t feel right if i don''t get SOME activity in. and it''s fun to mix it up depending on the facility and what they offer, i like trying diff machines etc. and if i''m able to and there''s no gym, i love getting out and walking. but here it''s SO HOT that you really need the indoor gym.

sharon, the place we ate at the other nite was Zin Bistro, it''s yummy for sure, but you have to be sure and order the right things...i ordered one thing wrong and my entree was not very good (for me, but greg loved it). however tonite we had an AMAZING dinner at Johannes! have you been there? it''s on Indian Canyon and it''s Austrian food but it''s more ''continental cuisine'' and the food was really tasty. greg had a schnitzel which was unlike any schnitzel i''ve ever had, it was in a light white wine cream sauce with mushrooms and broccoli stuffed inside and the meat was wrapped around it. very tasty. i got the filet which was done perfectly in a green peppercorn sauce with marscapone mashed potatoes and broccolini. endive salad with bleu cheese, pear and vinagrette to start. very yummy and highly recommended, the place is very retro posh inside and the staff was very attentive. greg loved it as well. oh and if you have not trid it, recommend Citron at the Viceroy hotel as well, be sure and get the truffled pommes frites, to die for and the warm cookies for dessert, they literally make them right then and there. so tasty.

whew...so there''s my vacation update...great food and lots of great activity and time with greg...our trip has been wonderful. he turned 39 today (thanks for all the bday wishes for him!!) and he looks just as young as he did yesterday! hehe. we drive home tomorrow and it''s back to the work grind on friday. i actually have a biz trip next week so i leave again on monday, ugh..i am really not looking fwd to being away from home again so soon but oh well. at least i have friday-sunday at home with portia and greg to get back into some semblance of habit.

pg...sometimes when i read your posts now, you sound like me after i met my goals and i was still very much in that same ''all or nothing'' mentality. i got a little too obsessed with numbers and what i was eating (not just cals but nutrients) and not gaining weight back after working so hard, but then i did gain some back and freaked out about it, now i realize that''s just the way it is. i look better now than when i was those 5 lbs smaller...i look more muscular, healthy etc. you mention your body is still changing, that''s awesome, mine did too for a while. but be sure to give yourself a little leeway sometimes with the food thing. you won''t sprout 10 lbs if you eat something bad for you one day a week or while out with friends. and i find when i am less mentally extreme (i used to dream too about food being good or bad etc) about things that i don''t crave bad stuff as much or worry as much about my habits. i just try to stay really active and do what i can about eating right 95% of the time and living life the rest of the time for sure. i think you do that too but just be cautious about swinging too far one side or the other.

anyhow, hope all are doing well...i just skimmed the posts as there are so many but sounds like people are having a good week. lorelei your posts about the lemon make me laugh...!! skip thanks for the thoughts...!! monnie yay for a great interview! yay for NYC on a new job.

nite everyone!! have a happy and healthy thursday.
3.gif
one more fabulous breakfast for us and then it''s back to reality. boo hoo!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well. The Scale is Broken. Obviously. I weigh myself at exactly the same time of day, after having the exact same breakfast. So either the spawn of satan is broken or I have somehow plateaued after 1 pound. Blah. So I didn''t work out yesturday because I was down about it. I ate really well though, but no movement. So I have to put it behind me and start over today.

Phoenixgirl, well ordering a salade at a resturant is pretty good to me! I''ve never ordered anything green when I eat out. I won''t even eat the salad that comes with the table d''hote or anything, so shame on me.

Neatfreak: It''s terrific that you found a Personal trainer which you feel really comfortable with. Sounds like a really good fit.

Marcyc: Must have felt really good to try on things that were a lot looser! Hopefully by the time school starts you will have achieved your ideal weight!

Have a good day everyone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, everyone. I'm back with renewed energy. It looks like everyone did GREAT!
36.gif
Man, a personal trainer sounds so awesome, Neatfreak. I am in awe of Skippy walking 3 miles during this horrible heatwave (with worn out shoes, no less). Congratulations to NYC on the teaching post!

I've added a ton of fruits for snacking: peaches, plums, blueberries, and nectarines. So yummy. It's sweet, juicy and doesn't add up too many cals and fat.

Plus, I've been a good girl today (well mostly). A co-worker is celebrating a birthday today and brought in 2 boxes of doughnuts and a pie. I walked right past them to my office. Later, I succumbed a little and ate 1/2 a plain doughnut. I'd say my self restraint was pretty good, don't you think?
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are feeling better Chrono!!

Mara, I had endless fun amusing myself with the many variations of your lemon pancakes with thick, Devonshire cream sitting on the top, I even was wondering about a lemon coulis drizzled over and around them.....

But they in actuality sounded even yummier than anything I could ever dream up!!! You know I have to live vicariously through you for food, as the best I can get locally is pie and chips or sausage and chips, it isn't exactly a gourmets dream here!

I had a fast session on the treadmill last night alternating the incline between 3 and 6 and at around 5mph, I am bored with hill walking and need to mix it up a bit.

Hey NF, glad the trainer session went well!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Can I join this fun thread????

My 40th high school reunion is next month!!! YIKES!!!!! Has it been 40 freakin years already?????

Anyway, I joined Jenny Craig a few months ago and I have lost 17 pounds. Hoooooray for me.

I have MS
14.gif
and it is really hard for me to lose weight with the meds I am on, but I did it!!!

Walking for me is very hard, for the pain in my legs, but....... I do a lot of leg lifts, stretching and lifting 10 pound hand weights. I have lost 8 inches all over too. Another YEA!!!!!!
36.gif

Now, I just have to decide what to wear. Pants and a top or a dress. It is at a Conference Center, not a Hotel. It will be held at The Holiday Inn, in So. San Francisco.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Sweet Linda!!! I always love seeing your pink pad around. hehe

Wow, congrats on 17 pounds; that is awesome! You will look wonderful at your 40th reunion
9.gif

Yay for joining us and of course you can join!!!
36.gif

Marcy, nice that you were w/your parents! You sound good!

Ally, expect about 1 lb each week, plus that is the healthy way to lose weight. Hang in there. Also, try not to think about the scale too much; I think we cause ourselves so much stress weighing everyday. You sound like you are making healthy choices and that is what is very important; plus you said your family noticed that you looked thinner, right
31.gif

Chrono, yay for a great outlook; it sounds like you are doing well. Great job!!!

Mara your trip sounds fantastic!!!

Last night I ordered new shoes. My husband gave me a hard time about the duct tape in my shoe. He knows I am thrifty so he teased me like you wouldn't believe!! hehe My shoes get here tomorrow through Zappos.com; I am soooooo excited! They are blue, my fav color. whoo hooo! I am taking a break from walking since I want to walk in new nonblister making shoes tomorrow since my blister is the size of a quarter on my heel. I plan to do some strength training from my PT plan today. Also, tonight I will buy the book Rod recommends from Amazon since I have a few other amazon desires.
11.gif

Happy Thursday all
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dear Skippy,

You are soooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

I saw Rod''s post about Cabbage and Sausage Soup. Geez, did that make me hungry. A goood old German dish!!!!!!

Linda P.S. yes, I am part German LOL

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I am here, just being lazy about posting. I''ve been reading every day, but can you believe they want me to work while I am at my desk?
3.gif

Linda - welcome! It sounds like you have already made great progress. I would definitely wear a dress to your reunion. I know I always feel better in a dress rather than pants. I think it''s because I''m not being cut off in the middle with the end of your shirt or the waist on your pants. If it''s more casual, I''m sure you could find something that would work! Welcome & congrats on your success so far!!!!

Well, I did my treadmill race yesterday for my competition with my friend. I decided going forward that I was not going to allow myself to do any walking during these races. I was able to do it (yay!), but I also was slower by 2.5 minutes (boo!). So I finished this week in 18:14, but the way I look at it is it''s a new challenge. Now I have to work on getting that time down and hopefully it will make me a better runner overall. I am thinking of pulling out my Couch to 5K program that I had started 3 years ago and never really finished to see if that could guide me. I woke up this morning with my legs screaming at me, but they feel fine now. So, it''s all good on the running front!

I can''t remember if I reported this last week or not, but I CAN WEAR MY CAPRI PANTS AGAIN!!! Whooooooooooooooooooooooo! I don''t know how many of you remember, but what pushed me to start dieting and exercising again was when I tried to wear this pair of capris and I couldn''t get my fat butt into them and they were SKIN TIGHT. Well, I put them on Monday afternoon and they fit me just fine again! They are loose in the legs and comfortable in the hips. Not tight at all on the waist!

I am down to 6.6lbs lost and 6.5" in total. I am pretty happy with my progress. Sure, I''d love for it to go faster, but I don''t feel hungry, I am happy with my exercise progress and I still feel motivated. So I think that all makes it worth it.

Skippy Dear - I am happy to hear you are getting new shoes. Being thrifty is no reason to be in pain!!!

I hope everyone else is doing great and I''ll try to check in again this week!! Have a great day all!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Linda!! Woo Hoo on 17 pounds and 8 inches overall!! You go!

Yay for new shoes Skippy. What a sweet hubby making sure his adorable wife has safe comfortable foot wear! Are these the expensive ortho ones you mentioned earlier?

Sounds like you''re doing great with your races and workouts Danielle!! Keep up the good work.

Yay for renewed energy Chrono!!

Sorry the evil scale is not cooperating Ally. We all plateau, so don''t let it get you down.

We knew you''d not let a thing like a vacation get in your way of fitness Mara. Sounds like you and Greg enjoyed yourselves and the food as always gastronomically (sp?) fabulous!!

Lumpkin, the fruit has been good this summer. I''m not really a fan of watermellon, so we haven''t had any. But, we got some fresh GA., peaches this week and boy were they ever fabulous! Still, my treat of the day is my Fuji apple. Yummmm.

Marcy, I''m sure your babies will be resized perfectly and back on your fingers soon.

As is typical on Thursday night, I worked our the hardest of the week. I won''t bore anyone with details, but it was a really strong workout. Much better than last night, giving further proof to me that multiple days of rest aren''t the best for me personally. Anyway, tomorrow is Friday, which means Sushi/Sapporo night. YAY YAY YAY.

I''m taking my team out to lunch tomorrow, but they chose Panera, so I know I can get healthy food. I was so thinking they''d pick some Pizza place, and maybe they would have. Perhaps they were just being nice to the "old" man (who''s paying for lunch) that someplace where healthier food was available would be OK.

Anyway, to Friday. And they all collectively sighed a big sigh that this week is almost over. And of course Saturday, Rod get''s his new BMW. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
Today is my Friday. Yeah!
36.gif
I went to the mall after work to leave rings off that needed sized down. I came home with a new pair of earrings. Bad Marcy, Bad! Since most of the sales clerks in our local jewelry stores know me by name (oooh there is a surprise) some of them asked me how much weight I''d lost and how I was doing it. I am sure they are sorry I have their warranties that include free ring sizing. My DH says going in to a jewelry store with me is like walking in to Cheers with Norm. Tee hee.
Lumpkin, you have a terrific idea to pit the cherries to make them easier to eat. I love fresh fruit too.
Mara, you guys certainly deserve such a relaxing and fun vacation. It is nice to get away from everything for awhile. I am so impressed that you continue to work out so much even on your vacation. You are so dedicated! Tell Greg Happy Birthday!
Allycat, don’t be down about the scale not budging. You’ll get there it just takes longer than we’d ever like it too. Thank you for your support. I won’t be down to my ideal weight by the time school starts this year; but I sure hope to be there by next year. I want to loose at least 50 more pounds.
Chrono, I am so glad you are back with renewed energy. That is wonderful you passed up the goodies at work and that is more than okay eating ½ of a plain donut. We do need treats sometimes.
Lorelei, I am glad you are trying variations on the treadmill to break up the monotony of exercise. I went and walked around a little park tonight after stopping by the mall. It was nice.
Hi Linda, welcome! I agree with Skippy, I love your pad. It is SOOOOO pretty. You are doing a terrific job already on your Jenny Craig plain. 17 pounds and 8 inches are great achievements.
Skippy, I am excited to hear you are getting new shoes. LOL about the duct tape. Speaking of blue, you still considering buying that tanzanite ring? I sure hope your blister gets better soon.
Danielle, that is so unreasonable they want you to work at your desk instead of posting on PS. The nerve of some people! I can get to PS from work but I don’t allow myself to go there; I’d waste more time than I should. Woo hoo that your Capri pants fit again. You are doing marvelous and making terrific progress.
Rod, thanks for reassuring me my babies will be fine. Today I wore rings that were size 6 and they flopped around on me all day long. That, of course; is the size they are making my rings. I was really cold though. I am SOOOOOO excited for you to get your pretty car on Saturday. I am sure you can hardly wait. Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow. That is nice of you to treat them all to lunch.
Take care!
35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle, whoo hooo on the race an your legs feeling better! I am impressed
3.gif

Rod, no they aren't the orthodic shoes; they are your general Asic Gel Nimbus running shoes. I actaully am getting insole orthodics made. I am dork for using duct tape! This lady partner at the firm I worked for use to keep money in a ziploc plastic bag as her wallet and I died of laughter because I did the same exact thing but hubby forced me to get a walet. I actually have a thrifty side despite my love for nice cars, trips and diamonds (I guess it is the accountant
34.gif
in me). hehehe
Yay, for the car!!!! I can't wait to see that baby blue! Yay for a grueling workout tonight; yay Charilie and Rod
36.gif

Marcy, I didn't get the tanzanite. I looked at it and hubby of course said I can get it because he is so sweet, but I really don't need to be spending $2,000 right now since I take my car to the shop tomorrow and we are going to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking. hehehe That is cute about cheers and your hubby. Whooo hoooo for smaller size rings; you go!!!

Hubby and I went to dinner at an Italian Restaurant in Nob Hill and then went for Gelato at the new gelato place. It was an indulgance but I will do better tomorrow. My parents want to go to breakfast tomorrow so I know this place and they have egg beaters and thomas english muffins so I think I will be okay.

Sweet dreams friends
35.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Linda W - Welcome! You are off to a fanatastic start on looking awesome at that reunion!

Chrono - mmmmm, doughnuts. just call me homer simpson if one of those is within ten feet of me.

Danielle - YAY on fitting those capris again. that''s got to be such a great feeling
36.gif

Rod - you are just having a great week all around and your posts scream those good vibes. good workout today, great lunch tomorrow (love Panera for healthy fare options), and saturday''s trip to the dealership will be so fun!

MarcyC - love that you have to get your rings DOWNsized! sounds like you deserved those earrings to me.

well, it''s been a long week here. today it was 100 degrees here! yuck!!! so another boring 3 miles on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical. i can''t wait til it cools off just a little so i can start running outside more. this weekend my cycling partner is finally getting a new bike and we can start riding again which will be nice. i love the variety that comes with cycling and running. this weather has also pretty much killed my appetite except for things like peaches and apples....and ice cream
11.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy and tdiddy. Actually, my week has been good and I''m trying to savor every moment of it. It takes my mind off the awful biopsy I have to go through next week. Just one more week till I have the biopsy and at least soon after that I''ll know if I''m sick or not sick. If I''m sick, I can start doing something about it. If I''m not, I can stop worrying myself sick about it. Amazing what awful tricks the mind does to you..........

Sleep well my WWT family.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I am praying strong prayers you are okay. I have a feeling you are but just in case; big hugs.
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results