shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 6th Aug till 12th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy saturday morning all!

PG it's funny you mention being aimless at end of summer season, my mom is the opposite, i think she takes the first week or so to just relax and then she gets progressively busier and busier as she becomes better at filling her time. it's kind of funny, by the end of the summer she has like 10 projects going on and she is lamenting the quick return of the school year. enjoy it while it lasts...hehe.

rod hope you are out getting the new car and driving around with the top down...have a great day!!
skippy yay for 5.5 miles walked, new shoes is something i need to seriously get going on, maybe that is something i can do this afternoon since we have a relaxing weekend for once. my old shoes are starting to feel a little embarassing what with the holes in the top of my toes and all lol!

we just got up at about 10, lazy morning...and we're having breakfast. cereal, almond milk, TJ's ff english muffins (only 110 cals for a chubby sourdough english muffin, yum!) and the leftover granola from palm springs. i am trying a new cereal, TJ's organic morning lite which is high fiber, not so high in protein at only 3 grams but it's yummy...probably tastier to me than the kashi or the fiber twigs. maybe it has more honey. it has similar components to the go lean visually i think. i will have to alternate it with kashi.

today we're doing a hike, i feel energetic so we'll see, but hoping to do maybe 6m since i don't think it's too hot out there...and other than that we are probably going to go visit our neighbors who just had their new baby on thursday (missed greg's bday by a day!) at the hospital, she had to have an emergency csection but is doing fabulously as is the baby. and then for dinner, not sure what we'll do but maybe we'll see if my parents want to meet up at mexican or something since it's been a while since we have had dinner with them. or maybe we'll drive into SF and do something fun. we shall see how our day shapes up i guess.

anyhow hope everyone is having a fabulous morning/afternoon...enjoy the day!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I finally made it to the gym today but it was HARD. I set my alarm for 7:00 so I could go before I had to pick something up from my client at 10:00, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed in time. When I got home I lollygagged around for a long time and finally I just said, dammit Dee get over there!!!

Since I did the elliptical yesterday I did the treadmill today. It was sheer frickin' torture. First of all I COULD NOT get the seams on my socks to be in a place that didn't annoy my piggie toes. I kept taking off my shoes and putting them back on like 5 times, but finally I gave up and figured I wouldn't notice as much once I got going. Well THAT part was right, because for the first 15 minutes all I noticed was th excruciating shin splint in my left leg. It just took SO LONG to go away. And then as soon as it did I got a cramp in the arch of my foot. But I absolutely refused to stop. Only 561 cals (as opposed to the over 700 I usually do on the elliptical) but I earned every miserable one of them!!!

And today I am like a junk food machine. I had left over pasta for breakfast, then 1 oz. of fat free potato chips (only 75 cals, but there is a whole 'nother bag in the pantry screaming my name... ), a 60 cal pudding cup, and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. And now I'm sitting here trying to think of anything else good we might have in the kitchen. Geesh.

Tonight the HH is making seafood and veggies in parchment paper bags. YUM--I love it when he makes this!

Happy Saturday all!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, if you can''t avoid the food, go for a short walk to take your mind off of it. Great job forcing yourself to the gym!

We went on a nice long hike today, about 6m total, around the lake. We stopped at Farmer''s Market first and picked up some fresh fruits and veggies, so I think we''ll BBQ for dinner. We''re talking about going to the concert in the park tomorrow night and if we do we''ll go out to eat so tonight is another good night to stay in.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2007 3:44:51 PM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay, if you can''t avoid the food, go for a short walk to take your mind off of it.

LOL Kimi, I was thinking I could take a nice walk... over to Navy Pier to get some Ben & Jerrys, hehehe... !

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 4:25:42 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 8/11/2007 3:44:51 PM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay, if you can''t avoid the food, go for a short walk to take your mind off of it.

LOL Kimi, I was thinking I could take a nice walk... over to Navy Pier to get some Ben & Jerrys, hehehe... !
That''s comedy, DeeJay, so much so that I think you should (oh wait, I''m not supposed to be encouraging you to eat!).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ didn''t you say the walk is like 4m total? a brisk walk like that totally burns off one scoop of b&j''s which i think is like 340 cals depending on what you get... you will even get most of the cone as well hehee.

fresh fruits and veggies sound yummy kimberly..while on vacation we really tried to get in fresh fruits and veggies even though so many places seem to want to sabotage that. we had fruits in morning and then during the day and then in the evenings we tried to get veggies with our dinner or at least a side or something. and salad too, fresh crunchy greens.

went for our walk...we did about 1 hour 45 minutes and about 6.5 miles up and down the mountain...it was really nice out there today, about 75 instead of the 85ish it typically is so it was pleasant. showered up and now am having a ''lunch'' of 1/4 a wheat pita warmed with TJ''s egg white chive onion spicy habanero mix salad stuffed inside, and then a 0% fage with splenda and TJ''s reduced sugar blueberry jam (love that stuff!) for lots of muscle repairing protein and some carbs too.

the rest of the day is just relaxing...we will probably go into this small boutique town nearby for dinner...there is an amazing homestyle italian place that i have been to with my parents and greg has never been and since he is the italian food lover in our relationship, i think he will like it. they pretty much only have traditional pastas on the menu, and the most amazing cheesy garlic bread mmmm. then nearby is a fabulous candy store that is like when you were little, has all that kind of stuff, and also gelato...yum. so might get a scoop and then walk around. we will probably take portia for a walk later when we get home...figure 2-3 miles and catch up on some TV.

the jazz festival is in town this wkd and we could walk there...my parents are going today and tomorrow so we might try to catch up with them tomorrow evening for some music and dinner.

with my awesome 2x a day workouts (which funnily enough i totally miss!!) i actually have already burned about 4000 cals this week. with my workout tomorrow it''ll be like 4500 which is amazing, and i think a record for me!! i really liked working out 2x a day...i didn''t find it hard at all, i thought for sure i''d be exhausted during the 2nd workout but i guess the relaxing in between really helped. hehee. oh if that was really my life!! and it totally tempts me to definitely do the nearby gym thing...my grandma has an almost brand new treadmill she wants to get rid of..she is supposed to be using it to walk but she never does and it just sits there so she offered it to us, i thought hmmm i could walk and run whenever i wanted! so very tempting, we might take it and see how it works out.

anyhow, hope everyone is out enjoying themselves...or relaxing...or something fun. have a great rest of the day all.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 6:02:39 PM
Author: Mara
DJ didn''t you say the walk is like 4m total? a brisk walk like that totally burns off one scoop of b&j''s which i think is like 340 cals depending on what you get... you will even get most of the cone as well hehee.

fresh fruits and veggies sound yummy kimberly..while on vacation we really tried to get in fresh fruits and veggies even though so many places seem to want to sabotage that. we had fruits in morning and then during the day and then in the evenings we tried to get veggies with our dinner or at least a side or something. and salad too, fresh crunchy greens.

went for our walk...we did about 1 hour 45 minutes and about 6.5 miles up and down the mountain...it was really nice out there today, about 75 instead of the 85ish it typically is so it was pleasant. showered up and now am having a ''lunch'' of 1/4 a wheat pita warmed with TJ''s egg white chive onion spicy habanero mix salad stuffed inside, and then a 0% fage with splenda and TJ''s reduced sugar blueberry jam (love that stuff!) for lots of muscle repairing protein and some carbs too.

the rest of the day is just relaxing...we will probably go into this small boutique town nearby for dinner...there is an amazing homestyle italian place that i have been to with my parents and greg has never been and since he is the italian food lover in our relationship, i think he will like it. they pretty much only have traditional pastas on the menu, and the most amazing cheesy garlic bread mmmm. then nearby is a fabulous candy store that is like when you were little, has all that kind of stuff, and also gelato...yum. so might get a scoop and then walk around. we will probably take portia for a walk later when we get home...figure 2-3 miles and catch up on some TV.

the jazz festival is in town this wkd and we could walk there...my parents are going today and tomorrow so we might try to catch up with them tomorrow evening for some music and dinner.

with my awesome 2x a day workouts (which funnily enough i totally miss!!) i actually have already burned about 4000 cals this week. with my workout tomorrow it''ll be like 4500 which is amazing, and i think a record for me!! i really liked working out 2x a day...i didn''t find it hard at all, i thought for sure i''d be exhausted during the 2nd workout but i guess the relaxing in between really helped. hehee. oh if that was really my life!! and it totally tempts me to definitely do the nearby gym thing...my grandma has an almost brand new treadmill she wants to get rid of..she is supposed to be using it to walk but she never does and it just sits there so she offered it to us, i thought hmmm i could walk and run whenever i wanted! so very tempting, we might take it and see how it works out.

anyhow, hope everyone is out enjoying themselves...or relaxing...or something fun. have a great rest of the day all.
Eating fresh fruits and veggies makes me never want anything else, Mara. John goes to the farmer''s market once a week and we get the most delicious produce to cook with and make salads, with yum! I find myself craving them now that I know what they should taste like. I was salivating over blue lake green beans this morning. Have a good dinner!

I just spent some time working in the yard, watering our new trees and plants (we''ve added bougenvilla, pine trees, oleander, olive trees, pepper trees and magnolias, plus a few things that have forgotten at the moment!). Doing all this work on the yard makes me not want to leave our house, it''s starting to feel like home.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hola! just checking in...

We''ve been pretty lazy today, as hubby got in yesterday from his biz trip back east and is kinda pooped. between my travel last week and his this week, we''d not seen each other in 10 days. so i''m not feeling bad that we''re in a loungy/nappy/cuddly mood today.

we''re heading to Maui on Friday, so we finally got on the ball and did some planning earlier this afternoon. was v. happy to know that he''d already made dinner reservations for my bday on Sunday. Kimberly- we''re going to David Paul''s. Didn''t you dine there?

we''re now prepping our shopping list for dinner. we''re having the southwestern turkey-cheddar/griller onion burgers and the quinoa, corn and tomato salad from this month''s CL mag. YUM!

DJ- yahoo for making it to the gym- don''t want to encourage the B&J, but perhaps will be offset by the 4m walk?
Skippy, Kimberly & Mara- your hike/walk sound so nice! We plan to get our butts outta here tomorrow and hit the Sta Monica Mountains early before it gets too hot.

Here''s to Saturday eve- have a good one!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Charger, I did eat at David Paul''s, you''ll have to let me know what you think. Mama''s Fish House in Paia was both mine and John''s favorite place we ate at in Maui http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/. I don''t eat much fish and the dish their famous for, it''s name has escaped me, was one of the most delicious things I''ve ever tasted, fish or otherwise. We also both really liked Mala in Lahaina http://www.malaoceantavern.com/. It seems a bit po-dunk from the outside but it was really delicious food with a busy and fun atmosphere.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

did a long walk this a.m and then another shorter walk tonight. school starts monday so I''m planning on picking up a more consistant gym schedule and hope to make the 8:30 am spinning class..we''ll see though..

I hope everyone has a wonderful sat. night and sunday...looking forward to the new car pics Rod!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a really quick checkin, then it''s time to get some shut eye! It was just a wonderful day. We got up and had our normal breakfast on the terrace, lounged around a while, showered and then headed to the BMW dealership. When you arrive, the readied cars are in a special area inside, all shined and ready for delivery. That way, they can walk you through the features and controls without having to be outside in the blistering heat. We test drove a coupe for Charlie (he really really liked it - Thank goodness they have none instock and won''t until around October!) then we went upstairs and looked at all the new cars all lined up and then finally signed the papers wrote the check (the car is 100% paid for - YAYAY). Then they set up the Sirius Satellite Radio, got my cell phone paired with the Bluetooth function in the car (so cool, btw., completely voice activated - just hit a button on the wheel and say- Call Charlie and it finds the number in the phone book and dials it). After leaving the dealer, we had some lunch, coffee at Starbucks and then hit the gym. We couldn''t give up a workout on a Saturday, just because we got a new toy could we?? We got out of the gym at 6, had a nice (not expensive) diner dinner, frozen yogurt, coffee at Starbucks (of course), then came home. I haven''t had the chance to put the top down as it was too hot this afternoon and it was raining tonight. In fact, I came home and couldn''t bear the fact that my beautiful new ride was dirty already, so I had to wipe her down completely! I''ve been reading the owners manual (I am one of those people who really reads those things!) and just having a little time to relax.

I''m hoping tomorrows a nice enough day to take some pics as I know I promised some. And oh yes, I absolutely completely utterly love the BMW!! It''s a completely different feel from my Mercedes. I feel so much more connected to the road, and the car, it''s hard to describe accurately. Charlie also loved it (maybe too much - but that will be another chapter - LOL).

Anyway, hope you all had nice Saturdays. Tomorrow, will be a regular Sunday, including a good workout.

Sleep well everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod glad to hear you love the new car!! my car also has the bluetooth phone thing, but we haven''t set it up yet hehee...we are soo lazy. that is one of the reasons i got the special package but we havent set it up yet. it also has the garage door opener thing where we can set it up to be one button from the car but we haven''t set that one up either. it''s just too much fun to drive instead!

dinner was really yummy! this small italian place only serves up pretty authentic classic italian stuff, it''s a really small place with a picnic style table atmosphere and a tiny kitchen...they always have a wait and you literally just have to wait around outside until a table frees up then it''s honor system on who was there first kind of thing. they don''t have a list or anything. but people totally wait...the food is really yummy. i had spaghetti bolognese and greg had cioppino and we shared a garlic mozzarella bread..yum and a small dinner salad. i only ate 1/2 my pasta and brought the rest home, very tasty and garlicy. then we walked a few stores down to this sweet shoppe...there are a few of them in this area and they are always MOBBED. it''s literally a store that has almost every candy and fun thing known to man...so many candies and sweets from when we were kids...all these old fashioned toys and candies...they have gelato, truffles, all types of jelly beans, they have these separate sections that are segmented out, aka a whole mint section and a whole chocolate section (we came home with an organic dark chocolate bar with mint and rosemary..yum!), all this retro candy, rock candy sticks, lollipops, etc etc. the list goes on and on. literally you walk out of there with the most random stuff. $80 later i had a big bag of goodies, most of them for my coworker''s son''s first birthday party tomorrow but we got some goodies for us too hehee. we also got gelato...this place has the best flavors. i got my fave caffe mocha and i got greg a chocolate peanut butter one which had bits of peanut butter in it, divine.

then we came home and took portia pony out for a walk, we did 3.5 miles in an hour. so today we walked about 10 miles, gotta love it. hehee. tomorrow i was going to the gym but greg wants to go to the flat trail so he can run so we''ll do that instead...i can walk 3-4 miles with portia and he can run his 7 miles then we meet up at the end. we have a few things setup for tomorrow...and then we plan to walk to the jazz festival, which is a mile from the house, in the evening.

anyhow, hope everyone had a great saturday!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 11:24:03 PM
Author: Rod

I''m hoping tomorrows a nice enough day to take some pics as I know I promised some. And oh yes, I absolutely completely utterly love the BMW!! It''s a completely different feel from my Mercedes. I feel so much more connected to the road, and the car, it''s hard to describe accurately. Charlie also loved it (maybe too much - but that will be another chapter - LOL).

Anyway, hope you all had nice Saturdays. Tomorrow, will be a regular Sunday, including a good workout.

Sleep well everyone!
Woo hoo Rod
36.gif
. I am showing your post to hubby (I never show him pricescope posts but this is important ''cos its about him!).
Our car (Funny hw its now mine as well)
3.gif
arrives in town next week. DH off sking but they say it will take 10 days to detail it What the?
Winter temp here today is 27 degrees Celcius so this is perfect ''top down weather''.
On topic 30 minutes on the elliptical 20 minute Bow flex routineand bought an new pair of jeans that are 29''s and a little loose in the legs so feeling extra slim!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, the Beamer sounds fabulous--I hope you and Charlie don''t fight over who gets to drive it, lol! When DH and I got my new car a couple years ago he made endless excuses to drive it, and I would get a little ticked because I wanted to take it out! Thankfully he has always been good about gassing it up and getting it washed, so it all works out in the end. We have that bluetooth thing, too, and still haven''t used it in two years.
38.gif
Then again, there is also a navigation system and a DVD player that don''t get a lot of use either. One of these days...lol.

Mara, when you call P "portia pony" I crack up. I have all kinds of pet names for Daisy... "Daisy Dukes, Daisy Doodle, Lazy Daisy, Crazy Daisy," etc. Portia Pony is super cute!

It is still sweltering here...I went outside at about 9 this morning to do some weeding and thought it might end up being a nice day, but an hour later it was just plain HOT again. For lunch I made sandwiches on light whole wheat bread (130 calories for 3 slices, but they''re sort of small), and this afternoon I made us real lemonade using simply syrup for a treat and it was FAB. We sweated it out on the patio for about 15 minutes while drinking it, the heat actually seemed bearable for those few minutes! Dinner for me was frozen mixed veggies, they sound boring but I just discovered them...there''s zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, green beans, and red pepper in a cracked pepper seasoning that you just heat up in a saucepan and some water, and I put them over TJ''s jasmine rice with red quinoa and flaxseeds which is like 280 calories per one cup serving but sooo good. The veggies are only like 30 calories per serving and I think I probably had 3 servings, so I offset the calories of the rice by mixing those in. Overall a very filling and nutritious meal. Finished off the last of my almond milk along with it and had a Tofutti Cutie for dessert (tofu based ice cream bars I found at TJ''s, so yummy).

Tomorrow I''m taking DH out for a birthday brunch...still haven''t decided where to go yet as i''m letting him decide in the morning whether he feels like dressing up a bit or going totally casual. Crossing my fingers he chooses something besides a pancake house! I feel like putting on a sundress and cute sandals, but I''m sure he''ll just want to roll out of bed and throw on shorts and a tee shirt, LOL!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been MIA as my HH is back, but I wanted to check in and make sure Hot Bod Rod had picked up his snazzy new wheels....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How neato is that with the voice activated gadget thingie?????

Plan on working out this weekend though, hopefully tonight.

dee, did you get your B&J's?
41.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. I **thought** that I could remove the scale boycott because it finally moved 1.5 lbs last week. But what did it do today? Not ONLY take those back, but give me another lb as well! Damn scale. At least I know it's not broken, lol! And I guess that is what I get for taking a cheat day yesterday. Oh well.

Other than that, things have been going ok. Gym, eating well, the like. We're moving this week, so I'll be in and out. I hate moving more than anything in the world. I just keep telling myself that we're getting more than TWICE the square footage. And we'll be downtown. That is my mantra to get me through the move in 100 degree heat.

Anyway, sounds like everyone else is going pretty well. Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greetings and Salutations on this Fine Fine Morning!
35.gif

I woke up late since my cousin wanted to sleep in so I went by myself at 7:45. Gosh, it was hot! I could only do 3.5 miles since the sun was in my face. I love the new shoes; Mara you should buy some. I bought my through Zappos and they give free next day delivery and free return delivery if you don't like them! From now on it is 6am walkings for me. hehehe

Kimberly, did you do the wilderness hike? Have fun on your house hunting.
21.gif

Rod, yay for the new car! I think we all want a Ride!
9.gif
9.gif

Katebar, yay for the bowflex workout.

DeeJay, did you go for your walk?
11.gif

Wow, Mara that is a lot of hiking; holy smokes!!! You are awesome.

Neatfreak, hang in there. Are you counting calories? I notice I do better in the weight loss department if I track what I eat.

Chargergirl, yay for Maui. Thanks for the kudos on the walk. Have a great walk out in the mountains!!! I love the Old Lahina Luau in Maui; it is so much fun! I honestly thought that was the best luau there; right on the beach!
30.gif

Mrs. S, yay for 2 walks! You are a walkin machine like Mara. hehe

Happy Birthday Mr. Monarch
emgift.gif
emotion-19.gif
Oh I bet you look cute in your sundress; I don't own any but I love the look! You sound like you ate healthy, kudos. I hope it cools off soon!!!! You have me wanting to make wild rice and brown rice from TJ's.

Yay for HH being back Lorelei! Have a great time w/your sweetie! You crack me up with your little sneaky print.
11.gif

Marcy, enjoy the meteor shower tonight
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry I haven''t checked in even though I scheduled a long read-and-write session the other night. Things are bonkers. I''ve learned that my eating habits go down the toilet when I''m stressed...it''s not that I eat more, I just make really dumb ol'' choices. And I don''t care that I make bad choices at the time. And I''m aware they are bad choices. Oh, and when I''m stressed, I don''t exercise, because usually my stress is due to the ol'' "not enough time to do everything" and while I schedule the exercise, work always comes before exercise. I do need to work on a paradigm shift.

All right, then...question of the day:

My school work is going to keep me running around a lot for the next 4 months. We''re talking up at 4:45 or 5am, leaving to catch a very early train and then not getting home until about 5, at which point I will be pretty spent. Not just the kind of tired that is erased from exercise, but the kind of tired when I can''t even finish a short workout. I don''t really have the option of working out at lunch (like taking a walk or something), as apparently, the staff all are supposed to eat together and bond or something.

I don''t want to get back into bad habits and I am trying to manage my stress via exercise, meditation, etc. All input is welcome.

Tonight, I am making tilapia. I''ve never made it before. I have no idea what would make it yummy. Anyone ever work with this type of fish before?

I am *SO* vicariously riding in Rod''s new car right now.

Hugs to all.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Rod, I''m so glad you''re loving the car! Can''t wait to see pictures.

Skippy, I''m so glad you love your new shoes! I''m getting close to needing a new pair of tennis shoes. We did the hike yesterday. I''ve banned house hunting for a bit. We''re considering staying here and I have a really tough time living in flux so we''ve dropped the subject until we get the yard totally fixed up. Once we do, we''ll decide whether we''re moving or staying here.

DeeJay, did you go get your Ben & Jerry''s?

Jas, I have no good advice for you except you just have to make yourself exercise and make good food choices. Before I started substitute teaching I woke up at 5:45 to be to work at 8 (long commute) and didn''t get home until 6:30. My MIL was still alive and living on her own then so most nights we ate dinner with her and then I had to come home and make time to exercise. It was really hard, and sometimes I didn''t manage to workout as much as I should have, but most of the time I did.

Today we drove over to a rural part of our city that is flat as I am looking for a place to ride my bike where I won''t break my neck. We went for a 50 minute walk and then came home. We''re going to a concert in the park tonight and then out to eat at a pub. Should be fun.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday all!

No, for those of you with inquiring minds, I did not get my B&J's yesterday. Somehow miraculous willpower took over and it turned out to be for the better because the HH got some vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries, and he also roasted some pecans for dessert last night. YUM!

Today I did the elliptical for 65 minutes but I only got to 2 of the 5 arm machines I've been doing because I was going to be late for my open house. Somehow the morning just slid right on by!

The HH is grilling hamburgers and corn for dinner and I made him get some Ore Ida (sp?) fries too. I've just been in such a potato mood lately... must be my Irish ancestry taking over.

Have to go do some searches for clients right now, but I hope everyone's having a fab weekend, and Rod, enjoy that new car!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol monnie re the portia pony, that is what i call her the most, we also have a lot of nicknames for her but when i see her racing around in the field she makes me think of a small horse. sometimes when she is in the other room i will call out 'where's my portia pony' and she comes running in. she's so cute.

happy sunday all!! DJ sorry to hear no B&J's last nite but the vanilla raspberry pecan sounds yummy too. i am such a sucker for ice cream or gelato or anything creamy and cold!!

this morning i scrambled us up some eggs and whites with cheese and tomatoes, and we had english muffins toasted with smart balance and honey. yummy. did some laundry, packed up most of my stuff, went to my coworker's son's first birthday party and visited with coworkers...had a homeade hamburger with cheese and tomatoes and like 1/3 of the bun, a tiny bit of macaroni salad, a bit of fruit salad..some water. then since she is a baking FIEND and she made like 5 things, greg and i shared 3 fish shaped small sugar cookies with the crystal sugar on top, and 2 of my coworker's famous cupcakes, one was banana nut with cream cheese frosting and the other was classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting and m&m's on top. seriously tasty.

now greg is out for an hour long run and i am about to do a home workout and then possibly take P out for a walk around here. later we are going to walk over to the jazz festival and mosey around for a bit...probably have a snack over there and then probably have TJ's pizzas here for dinner. or maybe we'll just eat over there, who knows. i wanted to get to the gym today but i just don't have the energy (since i did burn a lot of cals this week lol!) so i figure i'll stick close to home and do the home workout and resistance exercises then the 2-3m walk later to and from and around the festival will be good enough for today. i'm still hoping to figure out my workout schedule while traveling. i know i can get a walk in tomorrow morning and then a real workout in tomorrow night once i check in and all that...but tues and wed are packed days so i will be hard pressed to find 45 minutes to do something active. but greg is traveling when i get back next week so i will have 2-3 days on my own to return to routine and eat really well and workout as much as i want. so that'll keep me busy.

anyway, everyone's sundays sound like they are shaping up nicely. kimberly enjoy your dinner...jas re: working out, i agree with kimberly, you just have to find the time. i go out for 2-3 walks during the days at work sometimes, 15 minutes here and there can add up and it's better than nothing. you may not be in the best shape for the next 9 months or however long you are doing this, but at least make that mental committment to eat well 90% of the time, and get SOME activity in on a realistic basis and don't be too hard on yourself other than that. sometimes we have periods in our lives where we can't do what we really want to...so we just have to make do.

lorelei sorry to hear about HH, hope he feels better soon. mrs salvo good for you on the walking, hehe. skippy, yeah i just need to do the shoe thing...but i won't buy online for workout shoes, now that i went to the running store that one time and they chose the best shoes for me i have been in heaven, i will only buy that way from now on for sure. so i just have to get into the store at some point and say choose more shoes for me. hehe. it's just a matter of doing it!! in the meantime, ole holey pair works okay i guess hehe.

neatfreak, yeah i don't really weigh myself much anymore and i am so much better off for it mentally. the scale is just really an evil device. i weigh myself about once a month now or every 2-3 weeks. as long as i am within a 5 lb range i am okay. and my clothes fit. that is the most important thing for me. i am about 6-7lbs more than i was when i was at my absolute smallest and yet most of my clothes still fit me from that time period. so i know i am carrying more muscle now. it's just way too easy to get caught up in weight vs what that weight is made of, fat vs muscle etc. and a lb flucutation one day or the next is nothing at all, it could just be water or salt in your system, but it just messes with your head. so happy i got over that. don't be too hard on yourself.

have a great evening everyone!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!!! well i just made a yummy baked chicken with a spinach sauce for dinner. i tried this new recipe and it was really good and i''m not a fan of cooked spinach. we had a baked potato and cooked carrots on the side. the recipe says its 127 calories per serving, so i had 2...lol. i used italian flavored bread crumbs because i didn''t have seasoning on hand.

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 cloves of garlic crushed
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl combine cheese and seasoning. Roll chicken pieces in cheese mixture to coat lightly. Set remaining cheese mixture aside. Arrange coated chicken pieces in a baking dish.

In a small saucepan, saute green onion and garlic in butter/margarine until tender.

Stir in flour, then add milk all at once. Simmer, stirring, until bubbly.
Stir in drained spinach and mix together.

Spoon spinach mixture over chicken and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and chicken juices run clear.

hope everyone had a great weekend.
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, that is super early to get up! Can you walk around the playground when the kiddos are on recess? When I was in elementry school my teacher started a walking challenge and we would walk around a track for recess. . . just a thought plus you help the kiddos out.

Kimberly, yay for walking. Did you find a good place to ride the bike? Have fun at the concert and pub! It sounds like a blast!

DeeJay, yay for your elliptical workout! Yum, I love grilled burgers! I hope you sell the house. Out of curiousity do open houses really help sell a house? I had a realtor refuse to have an open house for our house for that reason; I thought she was full of crap. She told me it just attracts neighbors to see the inside of the house. Just curious. I thought I would ask an awesome realtor the truth, you!
1.gif

Mara, enjoy your home workout and walk with your cute Portia! I made TJ pizza and salad for us since I wasn't sure what to make and you made that sound good. hehehe

NYCsparkle, that recipe looks yummy! I will have to try that out; I love green onions, garlic and cheese! Thanks!

Rod, I bet you are going to see out in your convertible w/the top down to watch the meteor showers. hehehe
Can't wait for those pics; yummy!

I was fighting the urge to take a nap, but it is ttom and I was moody and sleepy (bad combo) so I fell asleep and much perkier. I hope I can sleep tonight; if I can't I will go out and look at the meteor show. Hey Marcy I think I will go bump your and Lorelei's thread so people don't forget about it tonight
35.gif

I am hoping to get up early to walk tomorrow. It rained tonight so I hope that helps to see the shooting stars
emstar.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2007 8:13:36 PM
Author: Skippy123

DeeJay, yay for your elliptical workout! Yum, I love grilled burgers! I hope you sell the house. Out of curiousity do open houses really help sell a house? I had a realtor refuse to have an open house for our house for that reason; I thought she was full of crap. She told me it just attracts neighbors to see the inside of the house. Just curious. I thought I would ask an awesome realtor the truth, you!
1.gif

Skippy, open houses absolutely DO NOT sell houses. The reason agents do open houses is because they can pick up buyers. I get easily at least 4 or 5 clients a year from people who aren't already working with an agent that come to one of my open houses and who I make a "connection" with that ultimately decide to use me as their realtor.

Honestly, for my open property, I would never do an open house. Who wants all those strangers trotting through your home being that close to your stuff? As for the neighbors--yep, that's what happens. All sorts of "Oh I just live next door and I was curious about what they've done with the place."

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, wow Dee, that makes sense! Enjoy the burgers
18.gif
PS WWT friends all this ice cream talk has me craving the stuff.
11.gif

ETA: Yay, I found a blue bunny low call fudge bar 60 calories!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone. I've spent half the evening trying to remember how to resize pics so they can be uploaded and think I finally got them sized right. So, here are a few pics of Rod's new ride:

Here's the car, top closed next to our condo tower facing Tampa Bay (and you see the awful view we live with daily - LOL)!!:

DSC_0262.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is top up with ME smiling at you (wearing one of my newer almost hot t-shirts too)!!!: BTW: Downtown Tampa is in the background and the ballistrade you see across the street is Bayshore Boulevard and that's the Longest Continuous waterfront sidewalk in North America. It's a very wide sidewalk and is the one I talk about walking, running and skating on.

DSC_0263.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so you know, there really is a Charlie, here he is for real! I'm a lucky guy for sure!!!

DSC_0268.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a picture of the car alone with the top down!

DSC_0266.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And FINALLY........Drumrolll Please..........Yes, Virginia, there really is the Starbucks under the Century Old Oak Tree and here at last is a picture to prove it!!!

DSC_0269.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results