shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 6th Aug till 12th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hot . . . . blah . . .

I walked 5 miles this morning. With a high of 100 today I tried to go early, but the air was so thick it wasn''t the best walk. Then I just got back from a 1 mile walk to and from the pharmacy to get more Claritin. I had planned to drive and go a few other places, but they could wait. I thought it''d be better for the air quality not to drive, and I also knew the car would be quite hot upon entering.

The thread about condos reminds me that two summers ago we broke down and bought a new window A/C unit for our condo after a heat wave like this. Due to rules prohibiting window units in the front windows and the lay-out of our unit, we could only put an A/C in one window (perhaps could have gotten a special-order small one for the kitchen). We had a 10,000 BTU A/C in the bedroom, but it just wouldn''t do the trick. We also didn''t have anyone living underneath us, which was good in the winter when heat from the radiators below you would turn your place into a sauna, but which was bad in the summer when it was 100 degrees. So I insisted that we get the biggest A/C possible. We had to return the 18,000 BTU unit because it was the wrong voltage, but we wound up with 15,000, bigger than anyone else''s. I don''t understand how other people could live there with 8 to 10,000 BTU units, although some of the other floorplans were able to have two units. I hope the woman who bought our condo realizes how lucky she is to have the strongest A/C in the place on a day like this. I also hope the weird rattling sound it makes isn''t bothering her.
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jas, so sorry you''re bummed about the "visiting teacher" vs "substitute" teaching role. I hope things work out for you. I''m not really familiar with your world, so I won''t offer advice. I will ask a question though. Is it a title issue or the actual job that is different? Anyway, so sorry to know it''s bothering you. Thanks for following up with the knock knock joke. That made me laugh out loud!

Wow, 5 mile walks in 100 degree weather is impressive Phoenix. Keep up the good work. You too Mrssalvo!! I always think of you and Zoe in the Magic Steps!!

Sorry you''re angry at the scale DeeJay. There are times I''m angry with my scale too. They''re evil at times, just evil.......Buahahahahahahaha.

Skippy, I could try to sell my car, but that''s just a total pain in the patooty. Plus, I''d have to get at least $3k more than the dealer is offering to offset the tax advantage of trading. And having to do test drives with total strangers??? Not appealing to me in the least.

Anyway, the dealer and I came to a mutually agreeable understanding just before lunch and while I don''t feel I''m getting as much as for my car as I should, they definitely came up more and are offering me more things in the deal than I''ve seen other''s buying the same model car get, so I''m not unhappy. One of the freebies they threw in was a $500 Dupont Paint and Trim protection package. It takes a full day to apply correctly and should make the car not need to be waxed for a long time and it will certainly protect it from Florida''s harsh sun. I can''t believe they actually charge $500 for such a package, as I imagine the materials and labor is quite inexpensive and offers significant profit to the dealer, but for free, I''ll take it. Anyway, since it takes a full day to do and with our schedules, it means I won''t be able to pick up the car until Saturday. At least we have a scheduled delivery day and time.

Hope everyone''s afternoon is going well.........

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Jas, so sorry you''re bummed about the "visiting teacher" vs "substitute" teaching role. I hope things work out for you. I''m not really familiar with your world, so I won''t offer advice. I will ask a question though. Is it a title issue or the actual job that is different?

Thanks for the sympathy. I talked it over with DH and have a few strategies. It''s absolutely a job issue...they can call me a Professional Sea Hag if they want (and trust me, people have)...they sort of misrepresented the position and I wanted to stretch my wings a little more than I will be able to. I know, poor me...well, if something stinks, I can always say that it was Zippy''s plan, not mine.
11.gif

I''m going to see this through and try to work with Zippy the Pinhead as much as possible and still try to teach in a way that I know is more methodologically sound. Then, I think, I shall try to find part time work, in any industry, and really, truly, honestly, begin writing. A real book. Or at least a pamphlet.

I am waiting anxiously to hear the continuing story about the L&D on your car. It''s sweet! Hooray on the negotiations! I may just have some sushi in your honor.

Skippy -- way to go on the eating! You are so enthusiastic, you are my ray of sunshine on this board.

Lorelei -- you made me spit coffee (from laughing)...you evil evil fabulous person you.

Later...I''m actually off to attempt my whopping 27 minutes on the Elliptical!

FYI -- raspberry jelly on a tortilla is my new favorite breakfast. I found these tortillas in the supermarket that have 90 calories and 13 (!) grams of fiber...SOOOO filling and yummy. It''s the first time I wasn''t hungry all morning since I started eating breakfast again!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 1:58:52 PM
Author: Skippy123
Howdy WWT Friends!

. I have an appointment for my orthodics on the 18th; I found out they aren''t funny looking shoes, they are insoles, but they cost $235, ouch.
HI:

Miss Skippy--do you have private insurance? Both my DH and son require orthotics and we were lucky that my DH''s work plan covers most of that $$ burden. On the bright side, my family now finds their walking/posture painfree!! Hope you find the same....

Happy workout''s ya''ll!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei -- you made me spit coffee (from laughing)...you evil evil fabulous person you.

Heehee!!!

lorelei.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy hot tuesday all..

Rod, i can''t wait to see pics of your car. it really does sound amazing..

jas, hang in there. i was in the education field so i know the wonderful world of school politics a little too well. I hope you can get it worked out so you feel comfortable and happy..

phoenix- 5 miles....way to go. I did 3 1/2 and it was already 85 by the time I got home at 7:00am. we''re in the 100''s here too again today
8.gif

I hope everyone has a great evening.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! haven''t had much time to check in since last week, but i have still been keeping up my routine in the meantime. healthy meals, check (even with eating out so much last week i didn''t do too badly, considering), exercise, check. no kayaking on sunday, as it was pouring rain here, but i went to the gym instead. and i finally made it to the grocery store last night, so i am freshly stocked up on fruits, veggies, fage, etc.

today i had fage with fresh blueberries for breakfast, tj''s black bean enchiladas for lunch, and a skim latte for an afternoon snack. dinner will be tofu and veggie thai curry with brown rice, yum. i''ll head to the gym after work for 45 minutes on the elliptical.

lorelei, good advice as usual!

ally, chrono (and others whose scales won''t move), my weight has literally not budged in months, despite healthy eating and exercise, so i understand your frustration. i get really down about it too sometimes, since i feel like i''m working too hard to just be maintaining. keep at it, and remind yourself that even putting a stop to the weight gain is a huge accomplishment!

mrssalvo, let me know if you come up with any great moves for toning the lower half, as that''s my problem area too!

kimberly, hope your back feels better soon.

lumpkin, i think that it''s great that you are motivated to do this for your heath and not just for vanity reasons.

deejay, sorry about the scale.

neatfreak, good luck with the trainer.

monarch, i have to hem absolutely everything! hope your interview went well.

mara, enjoy your vacation. don''t taunt us too much with all the yummy food!

phoenix, lol at the supersized thigh. check out cookinglight.com for lots of great, healthy, easy recipes.

marcy, congrats on baggy jeans.

jas, sorry to hear you are having troubles at work, but you sound like you''ve found the right attitude. the shrimp dinner sounds yummy.

skippy, hope the pt and orthotics help you feel better.

rod, glad you''ve worked out the car situation.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks shortblond. most things I read is about doing machines for at area and honestly, I do muscle up, but I don''t thin out, so my legs actually get bigger rather than tones/thinner...any good toning celulite reducing tips would be much appreciated...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

I am happy to say we completed our 82 page unit and that class is finished. I was so ready to be done. And on I go, I start a new class today. Hopefully my team projects will be less frustrating and time consuming this time around! School ended today too, so I''m off until the 22nd. I''m going to my parent''s tomorrow-Friday and then next week I may be helping out a parent of one of the kids from last school year. Apperantly she broke both her ankles and asked for my # to see if I could come lend a hand with the kids while her husband is at work. That would be fun and interesting.

I''m feeling the need to be outside, I think I''m gonna go for a walk. I managed to get 1m in pulling a wagon with kids in it around the school today, which was fun.

J and I are going to go out for dinner tonight, something simple like hamburgers before I leave. He hasn''t seen much of me lately, so it would be good for us to get out for an evening before I take off.

Jas, I''m so sorry you''re frustrated.

phoenix, way to go on walking in the heat!

Rod, I can''t wait for you to get the car.

Skip, good for you for balancing bad meals with good ones! We all have to splurge every once in a while.

shortblonde, my back is getting better, thank goodness! I''m avoiding the elliptical and think a walk would be a good alternative.

Happy Afternoon All!

We''re going to

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s quiet today. John and I went on a really nice long walk around our mountain this afternoon for about 1 hour; I''m guessing we covered about 3 miles.

Still not sure where we''re going for dinner except "out."

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all! I just mowed the lawn and was literally running so it wouldn't rain/lightning and I was so out of breathe!!! I jumped in the shower but I think I need to jump in again because I am all sweaty
15.gif
Has that happened to anyone before??? I guess I need to cool down first.

Well I went to PT and they were so proud of how strong I got in a week!! My knees still hurt but I guess I am making progress (shrugs shoulders).

Jas you cheered me up reading I was your sunshine; you are mine too. hehehe I went to this shoe place in a bad part of town since I was in that area and thought I would look for shoes. Well it was really heart breaking; they had a bad selection and kind of pricey shoes and lots of people trying to buy shoes for their kids; it really made me grateful that I am really blessed to have so much. Hubby and I give to charity automatically out of our paychecks, but it sort of was a heartbreaking reminder that people need our help. Sorry for the sad story but reading your post got me out of my funk. Gosh, I am so sorry about the teaching dorkheads at your school; I have had one or two jobs go that way. I bet you are fab teacher and I bet there is a perfect school out there for you; hang in there because you will find each other soon! Crossing my fingers for you my sunshine.
emhot.gif

Lorelei, thanks for cheering me on; that helps me realize I am making good decsions and it is great to have the support of this board. Thanks my cheerleader.
cheerleader1.gif

Rod, yay for them moving up the price of the trade in and throwing things in. You need to take pics for us Mister, we are drooling here!!
9.gif

Kimberly, yay for an awesome hike; have a wonderful time at your parents and enjoy the walks w/your momma! Have a safe trip.

Sharon, I read your post earlier and spent 1 hr on the phone w/the insurance company. They won't cover the Phd who teachers at our University that makes these insoles, but they will cover ones made by local orthodics in our network; I set up an appointment. According to the Orthodics Co recommended by the insurance co, if the insurance company does not cover the cost then I don't have to buy the orthodics; I am still saving my appt w/the Phd. (sorry this is long and prob more info than you want to know), so thank you and good idea! Hope your neck of the woods has cooled off some.

Mrs. Salvo you have a wonderful evening too!!!

Dee. sorry about the scale; hoping it moves in the right direction for you. I know how frustrating it can be!!!

Yay, Shortblond for keeping up the workouts and healthy eating!!!

Hey, Lumpkin good to see you, please stay! How is the core plan?

Mara, enjoy your fab meals; you are killing us will all your yummy descriptions!
3.gif

Have a wonderful evening friends.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another quick checkin, so sorry for not spending much time here. We didn't leave the office until after 6 and we had every intention of hitting the gym, but then Charlie says he was tired and didn't want to go and wouldn't I rather just go have a Sapporo and some Sushi, followed by our favorite yogurt and as a close to the deal, a visit to Starbucks? So, it took me about a nano-second to agree and that's what we ended up doing. Then we came home and took a nice dip in the spa and pool, before being so rudely ended by a thunderstorm. Still, it was a nice evening and since Charlie had been gone since last Thursday, was just what we needed.

So, no workout tonight, but our gym bags are in the trunk of our cars and there will no acceptable excuse for missing tomorrow night.

I promise pics of the new ride once I get it this weekend. Promise Promise Promise!

Have a great rest of the evening everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I got a perm tonight and I look like a French poodle right now. Tee hee. The beautician said I only needed a perm on the top part so now it’s really curly and the bottom is lightly curly. I know it will relax in a day or two but it’s kind of goofy right now. My hair grows fast though so it’s all good.
Allycat, if your grandmother and sister noticed you’ve lost weight; I’d say that is definite proof what you are doing is working. Yeah!
Lorelei, either version of lemon cakes sounds divine. Now I want some.
Rod, I am glad to hear you and the car dealer reached an agreement and you will get your car Saturday. I’m sure you’ll be out cruising around in it all weekend. I’m looking forward to your pictures.
Maria, LOL about solving the energy problems with super thigh hyperfat.
Jas, I am so sorry to hear the job isn’t everything you’d hoped for. I am sure you’ll be great at the job and the kids will love you and you’ll find the right teaching job whether it’s there or somewhere else. Writing a book or pamphlet sounds great as well.
Sharon, have fun on your trip too.
Skippy, good for you adjusting your eating for the day so you didn’t feel bad about your burgers and muffin. The insoles are certainly pricey but if they help you; it is well worth it. That is great you can probably get your orthodics paid for with insurance.
PhoenixGirl, a 100 degrees sounds pretty hot. That’s great you got in a 5 mile walk this morning.
Hi MrsSalvo. I hope you are having a relaxing day.
Shortblonde, it sounds like you had a busy week but did a great job sticking to your routine. Sorry to hear you missed kayaking this weekend.
Kimberly, I am glad you have a break from school for awhile. That is really nice to go help that poor women who broke both ankles. Ouch!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you are too cute. I remember the perm days and waiting to wash your hair. It will look great soon, but you made me laugh because it brought back memories
9.gif
I love how upbeat you are; are you done w/school for the semester?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Skippy. I thought of washing my hair in the morning to help it go straighten it out but then I would be wasting my money. Oh well, it''ll look better soon. Yes, I am done with school for about 2 weeks. Classes start on the 22nd. I will get busy on it next week.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 5:11:37 AM
Author:Lorelei
Happy new week all!

I have accepted the fact that I have to exercise and watch what I eat to stay reasonably trim, but now I have stopped fighting it and accepted the fact, it is ok. Anything worth having takes work, and to me, a good half hour or 45 mins spent on the treadmill or elliptical is time well spent, the rewards far outweigh the work needed. I know where I would be if I didn''t put in the work and I don''t want to go back there, so I can use this as a good motivator to keep me going. Also as well, if I miss a workout, it isn''t a big deal as this is a lifelong process and in the big scheme of things, it won''t make any difference in the long run as long as I get back to it as soon as I can.
Lorelei: so well said!

Phoenix Girl: your progress over the months is VERY impressive! congrats on the fab results.

Skippy: did you check and see if your insurance would cover your orthotics? mine were covered 100% and my sister''s were covered ~75%. i know not everyone''s insurance does cover them, but they are expensive out of pocket so it''s worth it to check if you haven''t already.

Rod: off topic, but what tax advantage do you get for a trade-in? i never realized that was part of the package....good to know!

it''s been a long, hot week here in cincinnati. i was off traveling for the weekend for a family event but did manage to get my 6 mile run in to finish week 1 of my training plan. it''s amazing how this weather just makes you feel like an out of shape slug. i was dying after like 3 miles and i do that run all the time. crazy! tomorrow is a family b-day at a steak restaurant....there''s plenty of good options but that doesn''t always mean that i will make good choices
31.gif
. tonite i fully planned to run at our clubhouse gym in the community but the electricity was out so now i have to get up early and run instead.

hope your weather is cooler where you are than it is here!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 10:25:24 PM
Author: tdiddy

Date: 8/6/2007 5:11:37 AM
Author:Lorelei
Happy new week all!

I have accepted the fact that I have to exercise and watch what I eat to stay reasonably trim, but now I have stopped fighting it and accepted the fact, it is ok. Anything worth having takes work, and to me, a good half hour or 45 mins spent on the treadmill or elliptical is time well spent, the rewards far outweigh the work needed. I know where I would be if I didn't put in the work and I don't want to go back there, so I can use this as a good motivator to keep me going. Also as well, if I miss a workout, it isn't a big deal as this is a lifelong process and in the big scheme of things, it won't make any difference in the long run as long as I get back to it as soon as I can.
Lorelei: so well said!

Phoenix Girl: your progress over the months is VERY impressive! congrats on the fab results.

Skippy: did you check and see if your insurance would cover your orthotics? mine were covered 100% and my sister's were covered ~75%. i know not everyone's insurance does cover them, but they are expensive out of pocket so it's worth it to check if you haven't already.

Rod: off topic, but what tax advantage do you get for a trade-in? i never realized that was part of the package....good to know!

it's been a long, hot week here in cincinnati. i was off traveling for the weekend for a family event but did manage to get my 6 mile run in to finish week 1 of my training plan. it's amazing how this weather just makes you feel like an out of shape slug. i was dying after like 3 miles and i do that run all the time. crazy! tomorrow is a family b-day at a steak restaurant....there's plenty of good options but that doesn't always mean that i will make good choices
31.gif
. tonite i fully planned to run at our clubhouse gym in the community but the electricity was out so now i have to get up early and run instead.

hope your weather is cooler where you are than it is here!
If you trade a car, they can only charge tax on the difference between what they give you for the trade (minus anything yo might owe if there's still a balance due on the car) and the new car price. Since my E class is fully paid for, had I sold the car, I would have lost nearly $2800 in tax savings on my deal. Or I would have needed to sell the car outright for more than $2800 than the trade value to come out ahead.

I hope that explanation helps?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
HI everyone - I swear I haven''t disappeared off the planet, I''m still lurking, reading everyone''s posts, and very much enjoying hearing about the wonderful progress everyone is making.

I haven''t been posting partly because I''ve been busy and there hasn''t been much to report (other than maintaining, more or less - possibly down a couple more pounds, but hard to tell because I haven''t been able to weigh myself on my regular scale). Unfortunately, I''ll have even less to report this week because I took a nasty fall at an event I was volunteering at on Saturday (big dogs and heavy equipment and people who didn''t want to listen to what we told them to to for their safety and for the safety of their dogs...) and smashed the same part of my knee that got injured in a car accident a few years ago
29.gif
29.gif
38.gif
39.gif
32.gif
So I''m waiting for the bruise and the swelling to go down, and see how bad the damage is. In the meantime, I''m being extra-careful with my eating and trying to lift some upper-body weights and hopefully start back on some non-impact cardio next week (swimming, bike riding, etc...). Anyway, I''m really glad everyone''s making such good progress and I really continue to find all of you so inspiring. Send some good healing thoughts my way if you get a chance
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh AmberG, MY leg started throbbing just reading this. If positive vibes can indeed heal someone from a distance, you should be feeling better soon...lotsa positive healing vibes going your way.

I would think that an injury caused by someone else''s...what..ignorance? arrogance? Call it what you will, but that must be so aggravating!!!

Good for you for taking care of your whole body the way you have!

Take care!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick check-in tonight...I had a great job interview today and I''m very happy with how it went, but won''t know the outcome for a day or two (well, that''s what they told me, anyway!) I''m sending a TY note first thing tomorrow morning, and I really hope I am offered the position.

Anyway, today was not a super healthy day for me eating-wise...I had coffee and water for breakfast, and I was just too wound up to eat anything until I got home from the interview around 3 p.m.! Terrible, I know, but I think I was just running on adrenaline and even though I THOUGHT about eating I just didn''t get around to it. When I came home I ended up making a veggie burger, exactly 7 Oreida fries (one serving, lol) in the oven and I microwaved some steamfresh frozen broccoli and wolfed it all down, I was SO hungry! For dinner DH and I went out to a local Italian pub to celebrate not that I actually got the job but that I''d done well in the interview and I had a glass of wine and a huge salad and some cavatappi with vodka sauce, my fave. No dessert, though...so I guess I saved myself there! Oh, I did get in a yoga workout this morning on exerciseTV but it really didn''t leave me feeling all that "zen," as Mara would say. I think I tend to overprepare for these things and work myself up a lot over them, but hey, at least I was prepared and all went well. Perhaps I expended a few more calories just getting ready this morning and driving there since I was so keyed up? Sounds good to me, LOL!

35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tdiddy, good for you doing a 6 mile run! The heat does take energy out of you, doesn’t it? Have fun at the family b-day dinner tomorrow.
AmberG, I am so sorry to hear you hurt your knee. Take it easy and I hope it gets better soon. I’m sending you get well wishes and vibes right now.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks jas - its ironic, it was kind of a crazy three-ring circus type event, just people and dogs everywhere, we were running a demo ring for doggie agility, which is SUCH a fantastic thing to do with your dog, especially if they are high-energy/smart/easily bored. Anyway, there were people ignoring our instructions left and right and thinking they knew what to do and being varying degrees of rude about it and I have some minor scrapes and stuff from that, but the major injury was really just a misunderstanding - I was helping a kid with a 100+ lb labrador mix (GIANT dog - you know you''re in trouble when their name is Bear...), and I went to hand the leash back after leading the dog over the obstacle, kid was looking the other way, dog went one way, obstacle slammed back up as dog jumped off, and I went flying...but the family were actually really nice and were at least trying to follow instructions!!

Thanks for the sympathy and well-wishes from you and also from Marcy - it really helps to have some healing vibes headed my way
2.gif
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2007 12:26:41 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Thanks jas - its ironic, it was kind of a crazy three-ring circus type event, just people and dogs everywhere, we were running a demo ring for doggie agility, which is SUCH a fantastic thing to do with your dog, especially if they are high-energy/smart/easily bored. Anyway, there were people ignoring our instructions left and right and thinking they knew what to do and being varying degrees of rude about it and I have some minor scrapes and stuff from that, but the major injury was really just a misunderstanding - I was helping a kid with a 100+ lb labrador mix (GIANT dog - you know you''re in trouble when their name is Bear...), and I went to hand the leash back after leading the dog over the obstacle, kid was looking the other way, dog went one way, obstacle slammed back up as dog jumped off, and I went flying...but the family were actually really nice and were at least trying to follow instructions!!

Thanks for the sympathy and well-wishes from you and also from Marcy - it really helps to have some healing vibes headed my way
2.gif
1.gif
Oh! Sorry about your knee, AG! I hope you''re ok and that everything heals up soon. Dang!

On a selfish side note: do you think beagles can ever be trained for agility? or are they just too ''distracted?'' Just wondering!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

This morning I am officially FRUSTRATED. No movement on the scale for the past 3 days and I am getting discouraged. Last night was not too fameous. No binging, but did snack a but on some jelly candy, and had 1/4 of a hamburger (I think that was Skippy''s talk of hamburgers) at about 10:00 at night. I wasn''t hungry, just had the worst craving. Perhaps it''s no wonder that the scale hasn''t moved this morning. Blah. I guess the process has to have some serious ups and downs. Although I haven''t started with the "I''m depressed let''s pig out thing, so hopefully I''ll keep that up tonight."

Happy Wednesday everyone!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! it''s raining....hopefully this awful humidity will break. it feels like soup outside everyday. you can shower and in 5 minutes you feel as if you didn''t take one. anyways i have been a slacker in the exercise department even though i''ve been eating healthy. i need to get my @$$ in gear and get back on track. so today i''m going to do pilates and an ab workout. if the humidity breaks then i''ll go for a nice long walk later this afternoon.
Well things on the job front look promising. i won''t know for a week or so, but keep your fingers crossed for me. the waiting is nerve wracking. i know the principal wants me for a 2nd grade class, but she has to shuffle someone else to another position to fit me in.
32.gif

have a great day!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally,
Don''t be too discouraged about the scale. Heck, mine did not budge a cm for 3 WEEKS! On the bright side, at least it isn''t going up.
11.gif

A very yucky start to the week. Had UTI and was passing blood clots yesterday. Sorry if it''s TMI. I''m on a round of antiboitics and I feel like a whole new person this morning.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Alley, I''m sure you know that healthy weight loss = 1-2 lbs per week with plateaus thrown in for fun! Be patient my friend, the weight will come off.

AG, I am so so sorry about your knee!!!

Rod, it sounds like your relaxing evening was just what the doctor ordered. J and I hung out at an Irish pub we hadn''t been to in some time last night. It was such a fun evening (even though I totally endulged!).

I''m not even looking at the scale this morning. Between my back and school, yesterday was the first good workout I''ve had in 1.5 weeks. On top of that I ate a patty melt and way too many french fries for dinner so I''m opting out of weighing in today.

I''m off to my mom and dad''s this morning. Really looking forward to going! We''re going to go wine tasting in Santa Ynez and just hang out.

I''ll be back Friday, friends. Have a terrific few days.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG, I hope you feel better soon! I know what it''s like to get hit with a big dog. OY!
Monarch, we''re all crossing our fingers for you with the job! Let us know ASAP.
Rod, I really really want pictures! This grad students needs to live vicariously through you with that gorgeous car!

Things are good this week. Went on a 5 mile walk with my best friend in town despite the 90 degree AND HUMID heat. I think it was only because we went at 8:30pm that it was bearable.

Also on a good note, another good friend is going to join my gym with me! So not only does that mean I get a better rate, but I also will have a gym buddy. YAY!

Second session with my trainer tonight. I hope he kicks my butt. He has assured me that he will.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be all agog to find out how you get on with your trainer NF, I am really getting interested in this....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I weighed in today and lost 2 lbs, yay! I will check in a little later; I have errands to run so have a fantastic day friends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results