shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 6th Aug till 12th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2007 11:10:45 PM
Author: Skippy123
Rod, I am praying strong prayers you are okay. I have a feeling you are but just in case; big hugs.
12.gif
And a big hug right back at you my sweet Skippy!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Rod, I will be thinking of you and praying reallllly hard for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all...I don''t have a lot to personally report except that I got called back for a second interview which will take place tomorrow, yay! I treated myself to 1/4 of a Connie''s pizza (local joint but they sell them frozen in the grocery stores here) tonight for 320 calories, the rest is wrapped up in the fridge for DH to polish off when he feels like it, lol.

Rod, big hugs and what a great attitude you have re. the biopsy. No fun, but you''re right, the results will give you direction no matter how they turn out. Of course I am cheering for you and thinking positive, healthy thoughts that this is nothing to be concerned about. Wish I had that emoticon of the pom poms and happy face!

Linda, welcome to the WWT! Sorry I''m late with that sentiment but I''m glad you joined us! Congrats on the weight loss, you''re doing so well.

Mara, as usual your vacay sounded fantastic, hope you and Greg are both rested and relaxed! Like everyone else, I''m super impressed that you guys manage to get in so many great workouts while on vacation, I wish I could talk my DH into doing that when we travel! He''s more of a lounge by the pool or on the beach all day guy, next time we travel I''m going to have to find "disguised" workouts for us to do together!

NYC, congrats on the teaching job! Woo hoo!!!

I''ll report back in tomorrow on how my 2nd interview went...here''s hoping I have positive news!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skippy. I think you’ll like the Asics Gels; they are really comfortable shoes. I am sure the orthodics will help too. Sorry to hear about having a car repair bill soon but your trip sounds marvelous. You’ll find another pretty tanzanite some day.
Tdiddy, I had to laugh about your Homer comment. It made me think of the Homer of Borg photo where he’s saying “I am Homer of Borg you will be assim . . . mmmm donuts”. Thanks for helping me justify new earrings. They are 6mm round garnets in white gold. I wanted some to match a ring I bought a while back. I did need something to fill up my empty jewelry box with my rings all being sized. I hope it cools off soon so you can go bicycling. Peaches and ice cream sounds divine.
Rod, I’ll be thinking of you next week. I believe finally having the test and getting the results is better than worrying about the unknown. You have my sincerest and best wishes that everything is fine.
Monarch, I am so glad to hear you were called back for a second interview. Good luck! One of the jewelry stores I was at tonight was trying to talk me in to applying for a part time job there. I told them no way; I’d owe them money instead of getting paid. Ha Ha. Besides 2 jobs is more than enough for me.
I think I’d best get to bed. My stomach is growling. Rats. I hope it doesn’t keep me awake. I would eat something small but then I’d have to floss and brush again so I’ll try to fill up on water.
Have a great Friday!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy! I think I''ll be able to handle working around jewelry...I did it when I was 19 in a department store''s fine jewelry dept. and only ended up buying a few things that were seriously marked down. I''m much worse with clothing, when I was in retail/apparel, DH finally told me if he saw one more bag come through the door that was IT! That''s when I started putting the bags in the trunk, LOL! And you know, I think it''s different when you''re working for commission, kind of like a car salesman--you can only have so many cars, just like I can only have so much jewelry....wait, that makes NO sense, ROFL. Ok, so I will have to exercise some self-restraint. Hopefully I can handle it, I do have bills to pay, hee hee!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Good luck next week Rod - I''ll be sending you good wishes from California too - you have such a wonderful attitude about this going in, and I am sure that no matter what the results are you will be well served by your incredibly positive, mature, rational approach to such a difficult situation. All our fingers and paws (that''s the three kitties) will be crossed for you here!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello wwt''ers...we are home...whew!! 8 hours in the car is a bit much but somehow we make it fly by...!! coming home is always harder than going as you know you have a life to return to (and a furry white portia pony waiting for you)...how is it that relaxing can make you so tired? hehee.

it''s funny about not letting up on fitness while on vacation, trust me i never used to be like that. i am a HUGE lounge by the pool or beach or whatever and relax on vacations person. but now that fitness is a part of my daily life, i can''t just give it up on vacations. also i find that i like having the ''routine'' of fitness to keep me grounded on vacations. i read some article recently about how being scheduleless on holidays or weekends can really mess with you when you come back to work and i thought well i am never really scheduleless, hehee. it''s a rare moment when we have abolutely nothing to do or nowhere to be kind of thing. i feel more relaxed with structure i think. also we got a ton of relaxation time in ...that is all this vacation really is.

also, greg doesn''t always work out with me. i like it when he does but today he didn''t come with me to the gym and he also didn''t do my 2nd workout of the day with me any of the days, he stayed at the pool longer. like typical fast metabolism boy style, he just has to work out like 2x a week to stay in shape and i mean really good six pack-ish shape. so jealous! he has always had fabulous genes. but he did work out with me 3x this trip...so he got his workout groove on as well! gotta say though, while we adore each other, we do like our ''away'' time as well, on vacations when you are with anyone 24/7 it is nice to have that 45 minutes or hour where you are just alone with your thoughts...so it does us good as well to not always be doing EVERYTHING together mentally. plus then we have fun stories to tell about ''while you were away....''...hehe.

ally i wanted to also echo what the others are saying re: it taking time. honestly your scale may not move again for another 2 weeks or a month. or it could move next week or even tomorrow. it''s pretty fickle. just stick with what you are doing and know it''s the *right thing* for your body, regardless of how easily those 6 lbs falls off. i take pride in knowing that i am doing what is good for my body (you only have one and it has to last you!) even if sometimes the scale or my skinniest pair of jeans doesn''t agree that day, hehe. as greg always tells me about being realistic, your body is a living, breathing thing...why would you expect it to always stay the same? good point huh?!

rod, i am wishing you good things but i know you will be fine...and enjoy picking up that new car this wkd!! monnie kudos on the 2nd interview, pizza sounds so yummy hehee.

funny but i think i actually may have lost a bit of weight or toned up a bit more while on vacation...i was noticing tonite in the ''home'' mirror that i looked a bit leaner. it could have been the dual workouts per day (those were seriously fun...to have that kind of time and equipment at my fingertips, i love experimenting with stuff when i have the opportunity) or the fact that we ate a big breakfast daily after a hard workout and then ate hardly anything til dinner or who knows, maybe a combo of both, mixing up the workout and the food thing as typically i graze all day long rather than doing large meals. but whatever it is i am glad. i am home this wkd but then on monday i leave for a biz trip til thursday which i am not looking fwd to but at least my hotel has a gym...however i will be really busy with meetings so not sure how much time i can carve out but i plan to when i can. esp since we''ll be in meetings and eating probably mediocre catered meeting food. i will SO be glad to be home end of next week and be done with traveling for a while.

anyhow, seems like everyone is doing well. yay for new shoes skippy...how fun, hehee. i need to get new workout shoes too, mine have a hole in the top mesh from my toe hitting them when i hike downhill, hehe. linda, welcome and kudos on 17 lbs lost, that is awesome!! amber sorry to hear about your knee, owie...hope it feels better soon. danielle, yay for fitting capris. i also have a cutie pair i adore in white and they are still a wee bit tight around the waist but i bought them at my absolute smallest and they fit tight then so who knows if i will ever get back into them, we shall see!!

i got an email from the nutritionist to setup my appt to go in and setup all my stuff for the training so i am excited about getting that going...i won''t be able to until next weekend but i am looking fwd to that for sure esp after the trips. neatfreak good to hear you love your new PT...i hope i like my program as well!

dinner on the road was surprisingly good, we could have stopped for in n''out again but we were not feeling burgers, so we found a mexican restaurant along the big freeway and it was surprisingly good!! we both had soft tacos, mine were chicken and i ate just the insides with really no tortilla and lots of salsa and lettuce...some rice and beans, yummy. definitely good traveling food, not too heavy but just right. breakfast this morning was us going out with a bang...granola, nonfat yogurt, crunchy caramel rice crispy french toast (divine) and egg white omelet with mushrooms and asparagus. yummy.... overall a wonderful trip but we are glad to be home.
5.gif
tomorrow''s workday will be brutal i''m sure but at least it''s FRIDAY. hehee. nite all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got back safely Mara!

Monnie, your wish is my command, here is the happy face pom pom I am posting on your behalf to cheer our Hot Bod Rod on!!!

Welcome Linda!

pommies.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:07:39 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks Skippy and tdiddy. Actually, my week has been good and I'm trying to savor every moment of it. It takes my mind off the awful biopsy I have to go through next week. Just one more week till I have the biopsy and at least soon after that I'll know if I'm sick or not sick. If I'm sick, I can start doing something about it. If I'm not, I can stop worrying myself sick about it. Amazing what awful tricks the mind does to you..........

Sleep well my WWT family.
Just chiming in Rod wide awake on Friday night here in the land of OZ
1.gif
positve vibes for the outcome of your biopsy. If you know what your dealing with your can begin to control the outcome and having a sense of control albeit what to do next allows us to be functional and know that no matter what we can cope.
Enjoy your NEW CAR. We saw one on the road yesteday and serioulsy this is a HOT car and very OMG (15 year old daughter speak).
On Topic my inlaws or the outlaws as I affectionatley call them
9.gif
have been heare for 10 days. Never get out of their chair but to eat but hey they are over 80. 3 course meals every night (i am the cook) and my Bally (MIL talk its English I think and its the cultured way to swear Lorelei might 'splain for for your) scales have told me that I have gained an kilo despite me exercising everyday.
Never mind back to sensible eating and two work outs today.
Happy and safe weekend to all

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2007 6:05:12 AM
Author: katebar

Date: 8/9/2007 11:07:39 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks Skippy and tdiddy. Actually, my week has been good and I'm trying to savor every moment of it. It takes my mind off the awful biopsy I have to go through next week. Just one more week till I have the biopsy and at least soon after that I'll know if I'm sick or not sick. If I'm sick, I can start doing something about it. If I'm not, I can stop worrying myself sick about it. Amazing what awful tricks the mind does to you..........

Sleep well my WWT family.
Just chiming in Rod wide awake on Friday night here in the land of OZ
1.gif
positve vibes for the outcome of your biopsy. If you know what your dealing with your can begin to control the outcome and having a sense of control albeit what to do next allows us to be functional and know that no matter what we can cope.
Enjoy your NEW CAR. We saw one on the road yesteday and serioulsy this is a HOT car and very OMG (15 year old daughter speak).
On Topic my inlaws or the outlaws as I affectionatley call them
9.gif
have been heare for 10 days. Never get out of their chair but to eat but hey they are over 80. 3 course meals every night (i am the cook) and my Bally (MIL talk its English I think and its the cultured way to swear Lorelei might 'splain for for your) scales have told me that I have gained an kilo despite me exercising everyday.
Never mind back to sensible eating and two work outs today.
Happy and safe weekend to all
Hehehe...I say that occasionally if I am trying to be pollute ( polite!
41.gif
)

I bet the kilo gain is a fluctuation and it will drop back soon! Blast though - who needs those sort of scares? Absolutely pants!!

scales are pants in my opinion anyway.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the job well wishes
36.gif
I got on the scale this morning and i am 121.0 pounds which is good considering the gorge fest i have been on over the past 2 weeks....but i''m now back to "normal" eating and exercising habits again. i haven''t taken my measurements in a few weeks, so for next weeks wednesday weigh in i will. its been soooo hot here that last night me and dh split a hoagie for dinner and i had a fiber 1 bar for a snack later on. today is friday and dinner is usually pizza. i am going to have cheerios for breakfast with strawberries on the side. lunch is the white meat chicken in the can that looks like tuna, but is delish on whole wheat crackers. i add balsamic and some cut up carrots and onions for a really nice flavor. i''ll probably have a fiber 1 bar for a mid afternoon snack. it really helps to stay on track when you have your food for the day thought out before hand. when i don''t think about what i''ll eat for the day, i tend to overeat. anyone else feel that way?

yay skippy...2 pounds is a great loss!!!
36.gif
3 miles in the heat
14.gif
, but good for you!! what flavor gelato--i love that stuff!!
phoenix...you are too funny about the lopsided thigh--i never measured both, i usually do 1. i think i have a meatier thigh too.lol
monnie...i''m sending my good job vibes to you...good luck. a second interview sounds promising...fingers crossed.
yay for a great workout rod!! yummy on the 3 squares of dark chocolate...i could use some chocolate now, but it''d be a lot more than 3 squares...hehehe
18.gif

allycat...stick with it--you will see body image results, even if the scale doesn''t move. the scale isn''t an indicator of how toned or healthy you really are. muscle weighs more than fat. spawn of satan comment made me laugh otu loud. we''ve all been there and felt like why keep at it if nothings happening. it takes hours to lose and a minute to gain it back. lol
wooohoo for looser clothes marcy. already thinking about chriistmas gifts? well i guess if its bling its ok
9.gif

lumpkin... relax this weekend...it''ll get better. i love raw veggies and tons of fruit too. you just reminded me that i need to get cheerries. i
30.gif
them and they have been really good this summer.
chrono...that is great restraint to walk past a box of oh so inviting donuts. lol...i''m worried that when i go back to work i''m going to give in to all of the junk food that floats around there. being home makes it easier to resist the "social munching " that goes on at work. sometime i didn''t even realize that i was social munching. i''ll need to show restraint around the snacks in the teachers lounge that are there EVERYDAY. someone always brings in leftover cakes, chocolates ect.
32.gif
how do you guys resist the social munching at work?
yay danielle for losing inches as well as pounds. i love it when old pantsa fit better than they did before
16.gif
mara your vacation sounds great and healthy, now welcome back to the real world...lol
2.gif
i always plan to work out on vacations, but never do...although i do take long walks on the beach...hahaha
welcome linda...you have already made great progress...keep at it!
katbar...too funny...when are the outlaws leaving..lol
HOT ROD and a HOT BOD to go in it..lol...heres some good luck "money" to throw in your car
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
. drive around and honk at a hottie for me..lol
Happy Friday all!!!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Greeting all --

I''ve been MIA since my SIL''s basement flooded a couple of days ago and we''ve been helping her lug all of her boxes, furniture, etc. up out of the basement outside to the garage. Poor thing.

I want to read and catch up with everyone, which I have literally scheduled in later for today!

Later all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the good wishes, thoughts, and prayers everyone. For whatever reason, I slept like a baby last night. I didn''t even get up to have a "nature" call, which considering what my biopsy is for, is completely unusual! I''m just looking forward to having this over and knowing what''s next. Anyway, you guys are such a comfort to me and I truly wouldn''t know what to do without my PS WWT family!!
30.gif

Just a little less than 24 hours till I get my car. WOO HOO. Mr. Charlie announced this morning he''d like to test drive a 3 series coupe. Uh Oh!! Rod be scared. Charlie''s got "lay down and take my money at a car dealership disease" just as bad, if not worse than I do. So, I''m not sure what to expect tomorrow. Oh well, life is short, go for the gusto! Problem is we go too often, but such is life, eh?????

Thanks again everyone!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, lots of catching up to do. I lost 1 measly lb after being stagnant for 3 weeks. Yay! I''m now officially UNDER 150 lbs and I don''t care if it fluctuates a little. Just seeing the needle dip below the 150 mark is very encouraging after not seeing it move for weeks.

Mara: Your vacation sounds like an exercise vacation. So busy!
Rod: I hope the biopsy results will be nothing to worry about. Just focus your mind on your new Hot Rod!
Monarch: Good luck on the 2nd interview. Do you think this will be the last one?
NYC: Don''t worry about the gorgefest. That''s just a little sidetrack as long as you are focused on the final (longterm) outcome.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:55:11 AM
Author: Chrono
Whew, lots of catching up to do. I lost 1 measly lb after being stagnant for 3 weeks. Yay! I'm now officially UNDER 150 lbs and I don't care if it fluctuates a little. Just seeing the needle dip below the 150 mark is very encouraging after not seeing it move for weeks.
Big HUGE YAY for Chrono!!!! I know how that feels!!! Whooooo hooo friend!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hey friends I need to run to the dealership and I will come back to talk to ya all; I just read so great things you all posted and I will be back to Congratulate ya later this morning. hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I am leaving for my camping / telescope trip so I’ll be MIA until Sunday or Monday. Trust me there is no cellular or internet service where I’m going. I am going to be able to climb up the 3 steps on our ladder to enjoy looking through my husband’s 20 inch telescope for the first time ever. I am SOOOOOO excited.
36.gif
He built the scope last summer and we bought a really sturdy ladder with deep steps but I was always too chicken to go past the bottom step. We did an astronomy day at the mall in April and I climbed up to the 3rd step no problem. Of course then I freaked out and wanted help getting down. Ha Ha. I’m such a baby sometimes.
I think I’m getting a cold so I’ve been taking some air borne every couple of hours. The guy that sets by me at work had the sniffles and was coughing yesterday. I Clorox wipe everything I touch but didn’t wipe down the door. Rats.
Monarch, I am glad to hear you’ll be able to refrain from buying too much jewelry. Darn those pesky bills anyway.
Mara, I think it is a great idea to stick to routines even when on vacation or during holidays. I plan on eating and walking like I normally do this weekend. I hope to see that scale move DOWN when I get on it next. I am so glad you guys had a wonderful trip and I am sure your reunion with precious Portia was exciting for all of you. Greg does have a good point that you living body is always going to be changing.
Lorelei thank you for posting the Pom Pom Happy face for Rod.
Katebar, I hope your daily routines are back to normal soon. I’m sure your kilo will disappear quickly.
NYC, I am glad to hear you are back to your normal eating and exercising habits. Good luck on your measurement results. I finally started taking mine about a month ago and was so delighted to see everything go down a total of 4” in 2 weeks. Results you can measure; I like it. Yes, I’m planning ahead on my Christmas present; both my hubby and I are always finding things we want for whatever next occasion we can think of to justify it. LOL. Enjoy your pizza; I am having a small one for lunch tomorrow. The little frozen ones are great to camping.
Jas, sorry to hear about your SIL basement. What a mess that must be. I hope everything will dry okay.
Rod, I am delighted to hear you slept like a baby. A good night’s rest is always a treat. One more day till new car time. Yippee! Too funny about Charlie having new car disease. Maybe you’ll have 2 new cars at your house. Fun!
Chrono, I am extremely excited for you that you weighed less than 150 pounds! Hip, Hip Hooray!
36.gif
What a milestone for you. All of your hard work and determination is paying off.
Hi Skippy, I hope the dealership was good to you.
Have a great weekend everyone. Don’t forget this weekend is a great one to go out and watch for meteors. The Perseids peak on Sunday night but they will be good all weekend. PM look north and east; AM look north and up and towards the morning look north and west.
Laters!
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, I am back from the dealership. I had breakfast at LePeep w/my parents.

Linda, I think it is great that you lost weight dispite having ms. I am so proud of you! You sound like a strong woman and I admire you for that, sweetie!

Monnie, I am excited for your 2nd interview today; I know you will knock them dead. You are such an awesome person. . . how could they not like you. hehehe

Mara, that was a lot of working out! Yay for losing a 1lb. Glad you had a safe trip home. I always make holes in the big toe of my shoes too. hehehe I bet it was nice to see Portia when you got home!!! She sounds so sweet and adorable.

Katebar, I hope the outlaws aren't too tough. Yay for your trip to HI, NV and CA!

Thanks Lorelei for being out cheerleader; I love it! hehehe

NYC, we are having pizza tonight too. Yum, I love it but I make it at home so I can control myself or I have no self control out at the parlor. You sound like you are very healthy kudos! I got hazelnut chocolate gelato and hubby got Strawberry Habenaro (sweet but hot). hehee

Jas, you are such a sweet soul to help you family out!! I hope their stuff wasn't ruined by the flooding; that is awful!!

Rod, wow weee you gt the car soon fun
11.gif
3.gif
You better takes pics for us; it is a REQUIREMENT as our friend (pweeese). hehehe

Marcy, have a wonderful trip and kudos for the ladder! I will be thinking of you for sure Sunday night. Have a safe and fun trip!

I can't wait to test drive the new shoes this evening! My cousin and I are walking at 6 am. How are you Mrs. Salvo, Kimi and DeeJay??? Thinking of you are the magic steps Mrs S!
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon all,

Well I have two more pounds to go, to hit my goal weight of 20 pounds. I have to admit, alot of the weight is from my Meds. First they put me on them then they take me off, blah blah blah.
14.gif

ON top of that, I am getting sick of Jenny Craig food. Today, I am eating on my own. For breakfast I had a Nutrigrain waffle, with fat free cream cheese and sugar free fruit spread. For lunch I am going to have a Lean Cuisine entree and for dinner DH is going to BBQ chicken. With that, I will add our home grown veggies and a salad. I think that will serve me well on my own.
36.gif

Mara: I am proud of you for being on vacation and exercising. Geez, all DH and I do is Loaf. We do go for walks though.

Rod: YES YES YES: We WANT pictures of that new BMW!!! How are you feeling to day too??? Was thinking of you last night.

Skippy sweetie pie: How was your walk with your new shoes? I love my Reebok walking shoes, sometimes I have to wear a leg brace and they are the only ones that the brace will fit into. Great shoes!!!
Monnie: Please tell us how the second interview went. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

After I pick my grandboys up from school today, the three of us are going swimming. I heated our pool up a bit so the temp will be just right!!!!! YAY!!!

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon wwt''ers!! happy friday to all. i was pleased to see coming into work that this week was pretty slow so no big fires to put out thank goodness..hehe. i''m mostly caught up...and i''ll be working next week while out so hopefully i can keep it all on a nice level with relatively low stress.

it does feel good to be back home but i miss my big yummy breakfast and pool time hehee. this morning i had go lean with corn flakes and some granola. lunch was from this local greek place, grilled chicken kebab with a bit of rice, some salad with tomatoes, fresh hummus and spicy hot sauce, yummy. i had two bites of pita as well but tried to keep the carbs on low and eat the protein instead. then our boss took the team out for Peet''s since it''s been a while since we have all been together...and most of them got those scharffen berger mocha freddos...i got a sugar free vanilla nonfat freddo and i looked them up online and theirs only had like 300 cals without whip and mine had 200 without whip. unfair! hehe. whip adds like another 100 so definitely glad i didn''t get any.

after work i am going to go home and go out for a 3-4m walk alone...it''ll be good to get back into my walking routine outside and have it not be 1000degrees! then for dinner we are either going to go somewhere local or just get something and bring it back to the house and relax with portia. our weekend is very low-key because i travel again on Monday.

next week when traveling it will be hard to fit workouts in. we have dinners 2 out of the 3 nights we are there and then working lunches both days i think too, so who knows what kind of food choices i''ll be making. but i plan to get HOPEFULLY at least 30 minutes a day in at the gym...if not more. we shall see. and breakfasts i will probably do with my boss who is on the south beach thing so she hardly eats carbs (well she makes an exception for donuts lol just like me!) and is really into egg whites for breakfast so i''ll just stick with her!

tomorrow we''ll do a hike and then sunday i plan to hit the gym for a power workout since i''ll have the time. i am trying to find the time to talk with the nutritionist before i go so hopefully that can happen too. in any case, hope everyone is having a great friday!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is absolutely PANTS here! Frost warning tonight in the foothills
6.gif
! Looking forward to the 1000 degrees in Palm Springs......

My DH is really great about exercising while on holidays--he gets up SOOO early, it mkaes perfect sense to hit the gym, so he does daily. I however am a slug while on vacation.....
9.gif

Thanks for the dining out tips Mara, I''ll add them to our usual cache, and certainly plan on a lemon crepe or 10!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

jas

Brilliant_Rock
You are all so sweet -- Skippy, I don''t know how nice I am to help my SIL, but I do know that it''s family and that''s what you do. She lost a lot, but her kids and DH are safe and fortunately, she got power back in the house pretty quickly so we were able to sort, toss and recycle in AC!

It was an immense workout though...lots and lots of steps. I had eaten only cereal and a salad all day, so by 4:00 I was pretty ravenous and a little shaky!

Afterwards, we had dinner w/ my inlaws and a number of their friends. A few of these women were, well, the worst type of shallow...the type of shallow that believes they are really deep because they read a newspaper, knowledgeable because they listen to talk radio. They have a lot of opinions about a lot of topics, but never actually DO anything. Which is not to say they weren''t lovely dinner companions. They were. These type of people usually are because they are never at a loss for conversation and are incredibly interested in other people''s opinions, because it gives them more to say at the next dinner party.

So at one point, after the umpteenth comment about her (needless to say perfect) grandchildren, the woman to my right paused and looked at me as though to say, "Well, I need oxygen, please say something." We had exhausted politics and what the paper had to say that day, so I commented on her rings. Gorgeous. HUGE. (Her DH is a jeweler). One RHR looked to be sapphire...like a gazillion carats, so I asked her about it. Turns out it''s tanzanite. Truly gorgeous, and I told her that. Again, reminder, we had spoken of many things of more global importance...I just wanted to compliment her while waiting for my ravioli.

She turned to my DH and said, "You know, the second you married her, I knew you found someone down to earth and not concerned about trivial things...JUST KIDDING."

Ummm, excuse me? Just kidding? So I am not down to earth and am concerned about trivial things?

My husband is deaf in one ear and didn''t hear her comment as someone was simulateously talking in his good ear. I just sat there. I would have said something...anything...on any other topic...but I was stunned. This is my MIL''s dear friend.

Ew. Just ew.

So that just made the mushroom ravioli seem a heck of a lot saltier than they were. :)

Today, I''ve been chained to my desk working. I''ve not worked out today because I am nursing what I think is a groin pull from one too many trips up and down stairs. But, again, I would do it again and rip off an arm if my SIL needed me to! Let''s hope her needs aren''t that severe.

I did eat a gorgeous steak salad for lunch today that had a little blue cheese in it. Heaven. Dinner tonight? Something light...maybe salad for me. DH is having spaghetti and meatballs. And he''ll like it, because he''s going to see a movie tonight with his best friend and I''m stuck at home with the dog, who seems to be having a inordinate amount of gas today. Nice.

End Part One. Part Two, where I actually "talk" to you guys, will be later once DH is out the door. Please prepare yourselves, I will at some point ask you what you do for a workout when the workday, door to door, is twelve hours.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey WWTers,

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig. It''s nice to be back home with John but the trip was a bit too short, as always, because I so enjoy my parents. I wish they lived next door.

Eating was a bit of a disaster while I was gone. A few crises (my mom''s best friend''s dad died and my aunt was having some personal problems) meant that we ended up running around a lot which left no time for cooking dinner at home on Wednesday. We ordered pizza, I ate two slices and some salad. On Thursday I ate my normal breakfast and we were wine tasting at lunch time (such fun!) so that means, fruit, bread, cheese and crackers, specialty mustards, pepper jelly etc. Typical wine tasting picnic. I ate two bowls of fruit, a piece of bread and cheese and crackers and skipped dessert. I also didn''t drink much as we only went to a few wineries. but we didn''t get home until 8 and we were hungry by then so we went out last night as well. We went to a Mexican restaurant and I had 1 taco 1/2 my beans and three bites of rice. I had my normal breakfast every day and a turkey sandwich with some fruit on Wednesday and today. I convinced my dad to go on a bike ride with my at 9:30 last night, just so that I got some sort of exercise in. We rode for about 1 hour, it''s been a long time since I''ve been on a bike and I was suprised to discover how much I miss it. I used to ride all of the time.

As I type this I realize the amount I ate wasn''t terrible, it was just so far away from my normal diet (not a lot of protein, lots of high-fat foods, etc.) and it just left me feeling that "blah" feeling you guys are all talking about.

John is making pork loin, salad and veggies for dinner. Tomorrow it''s back to exercise. I''m looking forward to it.

Alley, you really need to step away from the scale if not losing every day is going to upset you. You are smart enough to know that doesn''t make sense as it wouldn''t be healthy to drop a lb. a day.

Mara, your trip sounds fab, so glad you had a blast.

Chrono, hooray for the needle moving! That''s awesome.

Rod, sending good wishes and fairy dust your way. Can''t wait to see the car.

Skip, how are the new shoes?

Welcome, Linda, and congrats on the lbs. lost. That''s fantastic!

Sharon, sorry the weather is pants.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick check in before I go do some serious drinking, LOL.

I managed a workout this morning for the first time since Monday. 65 mins on the elliptical and a circuit on the arm machines. Then I went to a marketing meeting at my real estate firm. Damn, they do a lot for us (which I never knew before since I haven''t taken listings to this point) but we certainly pay for it. And then I went to the grand opening of the new J Jill outlet in the ''burbs. Shouldn''t have wasted the gas. The prices were no better than the sales prices at the regular J Jill, but I had an additional 20% off coupon so I did get two sweaters.

Finally, I am officially some special kind of stupid. One of my clients and I had been going back and forth about a gazillion times on which night to get together and I somehow had it in my head that it was tonight. So I got myself all ready (despite my pounding humidity induced headache) and went to her house. She was certainly surprised to see me--BECAUSE OUR DATE IS NOT TONIGHT. I completely forgot that we rescheduled to next Thursday. I give up.

Did I mention I''m about to go do some serious drinking?

As soon as the HH comes back from the gym I''m making him take me out somewhere. And won''t he be surprised to see me since he thinks I''m out with Kirstin...
20.gif

I will catch up on the all the posts later, and I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
"I''m stuck at home with the dog, who seems to be having a inordinate amount of gas today. Nice."

LOL Jas, this really made me laugh. Boy do I know what you mean by that. Our Mazie has made DH and I jump out of bed at times. LOL LOL.

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gang, sounds like everyone had an eventful week. been crazy for me with school getting ready to start and getting ready to move.

skippy, no magical stairs for me tomorrow. both my walking buddies are out of town and I just don''t like going in the magical woods alone so early in the am. and b/c of the high''s in the 100''s here, i''ve got to walk Zoe early or it''s just too hot for her, and me
14.gif
. I will probably do my neighborhood trail though which should be fun. then it''s off to the mall for more school shopping and there is a ice cream social at the elementary school for the kindergarters. should be fun. I hope everyone has a great weekend...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That woman is shallow, rude and NASTY Jas, so do not give her one moments consideration!

Sorry for LOL at showing up for a date with a client that was rescheduled DeeJay. I know I shouldn''t laugh, but I did anyway!!

Yay on a successful 2nd interview Monnie!! Can''t wait to send congratulations on getting the job!!

Sorry for the overly gaseous dog Linda, but it was funny!

Welcome home Kimi......There''s no place like home.....There''s no place like home!!

Yay on weighing less than 150 lbs. Chrono!! I''m know you are proud as well you should be!!

Thanks for the pom pom Lorelei!!

Thanks for the goodluck money NYC!! I''ll use it wisely!!

And thanks again to everyone who has sent their love and caring thoughts my way. I''m actually doing well with this. What will be will be (He breaks into song......Kay Sara Sara.......The Futures Not Ours To See......What will be will be!!" LOL LOL LOL

We had our usual terrific dinner at Favorite Sushi place #1, followed by a great dessert at our favorite fresh natural with active yogurt cultures, only two flavors available frozen yogurt shop, followed by coffee at Starbucks. Then we came home and I got my car ready for the trade-in, then Charlie gave us both haircuts, then a nice dip in the pool. It''s a warm but just beautiful evening in Tampa. I know we''re in the middle of hurricane season, but we''re grateful nothing serious is brewing.......yet. The season''s young and all it takes is one storm. We usually sigh a collective sigh of relief about the middle of October as the season is pretty well winding down by then, but right now, it''s winding up. So, who knows what''s ahead of us. It''s what makes living in Florida exciting.........LOL

As you know, I''m getting the new car tomorrow. We''ll probably go from the dealership to the gym for our Saturday afternoon workout then out to dinner tomorrow night. I will take pictures, promise......sometime over the weekend.

I hope everyone''s enjoying a wonderful Friday evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhhh, Rod loves Doris Day. hehehe
2.gif
9.gif
Sorry I couldn't resist teasin ya, friend. Rod, make sure you and Charlie don't get any speeding tickets over the weekend breakin in the new European convertible.
11.gif
Sounds like you all are going to have a blast test driving that pretty baby all over town!

DeeJay, I want to learn more about investments; do you recommend any books? TIA! Sorry you showed up to the clients on the wrong day; I do those things once or twice a year.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday!
35.gif

I was a crazy walking Maniac this morning. I did 5.5 miles; I could have gone forever!
31.gif
I LOVE My new shoes!!!!!!!! I am pooped in a great way!
9.gif

Tonight I am meeting a friend/coworker for dinner. Hubby is excited to veg w/o me. hehehe

Have a fantastic day everyone! Yay, you get to get your new sports car today Mr. Rod!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all and happy Saturday!!!

Skip, your walk sounds fabulous. Glad you''re loving the shoes.

Rod, I can''t wait to see the car!!

I slept like a baby last night, I was tired from a ton of driving in three days! It''s overcast here, I''m considering asking John to head down to the lake for a hike this morning.

Have a great morning all.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
JAS, I''m so sorry that lady was so rude. Perhaps she thought she was being funny? I always ask people about their jewelry in what I think is a flattering way. If she has such a dim view of jewelry, she must not approve of her husband''s profession.

The weather is much improved today, so I had a quite pleasant walk. I went about 5.8 miles. I''ve been upping how far I go without really realizing it. The scale has been hovering just over 120. It''s so hard to tell with my old-fashioned scale. I''m secretly expecting/hoping that it will officially become 120 soon because it hasn''t gone up even when I''ve eaten too much or not exercised that day. So I feel like it has to jump soon. Not that I think I need to weigh 120 vs. 121, but it would give me satisfaction to have the needle right on the line.

I''m getting a little stir-crazy as the end of the summer approaches. I''ve read some books -- some good, some bad. It''s funny how when you''re working, you long for the next break. But summer break is so long that I have a hard time making myself useful at the end. Oh Irony, you are so cruel. I''ve even begun watching Dr. Phil each day. At least I haven''t gotten into any soap operas.

Now that work is two weeks away, I think I''ll lose my ennui and do my best to enjoy the rest of my break.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results