shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 6th Aug till 12th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one more. It was super hot today, so you''ll note no one was sitting outside. Had I taken this later this afternoon, every single table would have been filled. There are the groups, the chess players, the musicians, the smokers, etc. Why it almost looks like a Benson and Hedges ad from days gone by. All very bohemian to be sure.............

DSC_0270.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yippee10.gif
Hot Rod Bod, that car is drop dead gorgeous!!! Wowzers, your view and I think your condos look awesome; you guys really know how to live!!!hehehe Awwwwe, you and Charlie look so cute; you two look to be in great shape!!!! Cheers Rod and Charlie to a beauty; you two deserve it!
martini.gif

ETA: oooooooh, the oak tree and Starbucks! Soooooo Cool; now I can picture you there. hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, we had a terrific day to be sure. I slept well last night, which means I surely had no trouble with the fact that I spent a boatload of money yesterday (what''s it for if not to enjoy anyway??!!). It was a beautiful morning and we had our normal Sunday Am fruit and Scone on the terrace. Then a nice drive in my car and lunch and coffee. Then Borders for new reading materials and then the gym for a really great workout. For dinner we had grilled salmon and fresh tomatoe, onion and cucumber salad which is one of Charlie''s specialties. It was just terrific. Finally, we headed back to Starbucks in my shiny and oh so clean new car just in time for the skies to open up and my car got it''s first hard rain. So, after coffee, I had to come home and wipe her down, as we can''t drive a two day old dirty car to work tomorrow for sure.

That''s about all the news from my side. I hope the pics come out clearly for you.

Thanks guys...........

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Had another great today!!! DH and I got up early and walked around the block twice. That is good for me, considering my legs bother me.

Had a great breakfast. I made pancakes for Rick and I mad my own Jenny Craig pancakes. Well...... his did look better, considering I put blueberries in his. LOL.

Later on, we spent the day in the backyard. Rick just re-did the patio, it is so beautiful out there. I spent some time in the pool, swimming with the grand-boys.

Rod: Love the picture of your BMW. What a gorgeous color. Do you love it more than a Mercedes??? I have a Mercedes and I don''t know if I could drive anything else. OK, I am just spoiled LOL. LOVE the picture of you and Charlie and the view you have. LUCKY YOU.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, this is my first ever BMW, as I've driven Mercedes for more than a decade now, but they don't then "The Ultimate Driving Machine" for nothing. There's just something so connected about the car, that I never experienced with my MB. We still have an SLK350, so I'm not forsaking Mercedes, but I sure am feeling awful special about my bimmer!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2007 9:47:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
yippee10.gif
Hot Rod Bod, that car is drop dead gorgeous!!! Wowzers, your view and I think your condos look awesome; you guys really know how to live!!!hehehe Awwwwe, you and Charlie look so cute; you two look to be in great shape!!!! Cheers Rod and Charlie to a beauty; you two deserve it!
martini.gif

ETA: oooooooh, the oak tree and Starbucks! Soooooo Cool; now I can picture you there. hehe
Oh thanks Skippy. Hopefully my WWT family can see why I had such difficulty living in Raleigh, when I had this lifestyle in Tampa waiting for me to come home. I should have taken a picture of the whole condo tower. It''s 24 stories tall and is the tallest building on Bayshore Boulevard. It''s quite a wonderful place to call home to be sure.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,

I love riding around in my MB. I still park far away, thinking someone will scratch my car. LOL and it is a few years old.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, great job on the walk!!! Kudos. Which MB do you have? Hubby has an older SLK; I wish he had a new one like Rod. hehehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and WWT’ers.
35.gif
I had a wonderful weekend!
36.gif
My husband and I are in charge of a regional star party co-hosted by our astronomy club and another club 50 miles away. The star party is at 9100 feet and we have about 150 plus people attend each year. This event is A LOT of work for us and we do get help from a few other members of our club; but my husband and I do a great deal of the work.
In the past I dreaded this event, it is so much work, required so much walking and by the time we even get packed and get up there I was so sore I was living on advil and pretty grumpy. We have registration for the event so I work in the booth during the day and walk back and forth to our trailer for meals and other assorted breaks. At night I usually only sat in a chair and watched the stars because I was too sore to walk around and look through scopes. I was certainly not a Happy Camper! Another issue I had at 9100 feet was I had trouble breathing.
Well, 115 pounds lighter made a HUGE difference for me.
36.gif
36.gif
I didn’t dread going, I didn’t take one single advil and I walked a TON this weekend. The star party is in 2 giant open fields. My DH put the scope in the back of one field, the registration booth in the center of the other field and put our trailer ½ way in between. I had no problems walking that much.
At night I got to enjoy my DH’s 20 inch telescope really for the first time ever. I even climbed to the top step of the ladder once; it was scary but certainly worth the view. My husband decided he was too nervous with me on the top step though so after that I only went up to the second or third one. He''s a sweetie.
1.gif

Many people who come every year paid me many nice compliments and some people didn’t think it was me who showed up with my husband. LOL.
I would say it’s been over 10 years since I was really able to enjoy getting out and looking through a telescope. Woo hoo for the new me!
Hi Skippy, I am glad you love your new shoes. It sounds like you had a marvelous long walk. I hope you had fun meeting with your friend. I saw quite a few nice meteors this weekend. We are going to go out tonight and watch for more meteors. I hope you see some too. Thanks for reminding everyone on the astronomy thread to go out.
Linda, I am so excited to hear you have only 2 pounds to go to reach your goal. That is terrific news. I am glad you have a nice walk around the block – twice. Woo hoo!
Mara, I am glad work wasn’t too bad to catch up on for you. I was really sad to see how many calories were in whip cream or cool whip. Even the cool whip lite is more calories than it’s worth. I guess that is why it’s so yummy. I sounds liek your walks and hike this weekend were nice.
Sharon, a frost warning already? Ugh? Our average first frost is September 21st. It does feel like fall in the morning here lately
Jas, holy cow – I can’t believe that lady said that about you. It takes all kinds, eh. She sounds like a very nasty old bitty and a bit deluded about her self importance. Maybe she''ll scratch her tanzanite. Tee Hee. What I try to do on days I don’t have time to exercise is walk the long way to anywhere I’m going; I do stretches, toe touches, etc whenever I go to the bathroom. I know it’s not the same as a regular work out but at least I am trying to do something.
Kimberly, I am glad you have a lovely time visiting your parents. It doesn’t sound like you ate that bad on your trip, but I feel sluggish too when I eat things I don’t usually eat. Your drive and walk sound lovely. Enjoy the concert tonight.
DeeJay, do some serious drinking for me too. I get pretty chatty on a few glasses of wine. You can just tell you client you were checking to see how they were doing. Good job going to the gym today; sorry your socks were troublesome. The vanilla ice cream with raspberries sounds divine.
MrsSalvo, it sounds like you are busy. Have fun at the ice cream social. I need to get busy on my fall semester classes but I don’t think I’ll worry about it until later this week.
Rod, I hope your gym has a window so you can keep an eye on your new car. I am so glad you absolutely love your new car. Your pictures are marvelous, the view from your place is incredible and I am so glad I can now put a face with you name and Charlie’s. Your car is AWESOME!
PhoenixGirl, that is wonderful you are walking longer distances now. I am sure your scale will move to 120. Enjoy your last 2 weeks before returning to school. I think my classes start on the 22nd. Oh no!
ChargerGirl, have a great time in Maui!
Hi Katebar, I bet you are looking forward to get your new car too. It sounds pretty chilly there for you. Stay warm!
Monarch, sorry to hear it is so hot where you live. Have fun tomorrow with celebrating your husband’s birthday.
Hi Lorelei, I hope you got a chance to work out today.
Neatfreak, sorry to hear the scale went the other direction. No worries though; it will come right back off. Moving this week will be a lot of exercise and work so that will certainly burn off many calories.
NYC, your new recipe sounds really good. My husband will love it.
Well, take care everyone. I have one more batch of laundry to do then I hope it''s clear so I can go watch for meteors. Life is GRAND!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

I have a C220. I retired from Mercedes-Benz. We could and still can get a MB below cost. We are very lucky!!!! I would love to get another brand new one, but not right now. I remember how thrilled I was to get my brand new one. Like I told Rod, I still park far away, so no one will scratch my car.

I still get upset when someone twists my MB STAR. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! To this day, My car has NO scratches on it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2007 10:56:30 PM
Author: Linda W
Skippy,

I have a C220. I retired from Mercedes-Benz. We could and still can get a MB below cost. We are very lucky!!!! I would love to get another brand new one, but not right now. I remember how thrilled I was to get my brand new one. Like I told Rod, I still park far away, so no one will scratch my car.

I still get upset when someone twists my MB STAR. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! To this day, My car has NO scratches on it.
Cool! Hubby and I were in Alabama and watched them making the M class; it was a blast! Linda, kudos from being 2 lbs away from goal!!!

Marcy, awesome on the hiking and being in the high elevations. Whooooo hooo for 115 lbs; those lbs keep melting off you; kudos.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2007 10:40:53 PM
Rod,

I love riding around in my MB. I still park far away, thinking someone will scratch my car. LOL and it is a few years old.

Linda
I''m still a Mercedes fan too Linda and we always park as far away as we can. I''m amazed at how many people have really expensive cars and then park them in any space that is closer and don''t care how many dings they get either. I hate dings and scratches. Besides the further away we park, the more exercise we get!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2007 10:56:30 PM
Skippy,

We had 2 different C220''s (they were Charlie''s cars) and he loved both of them. They were built like tanks. But, the company that built cars like the C220 and the company building cars today is totally different. The reliability of the more recent Benzes we''ve had has not been what we expected for sure.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for your Star Party Marcy. No Advil, a ton of walking and 115 pounds lighter and you must have been the Belle of the Ball!! You go Marcy!!! Thanks for the kind words on the car and our pics!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,

That is what I have heard and why I hang on to my C220. Our best friends just got transferred to Jacksonville, Fla. He is a big wig at Mercedes there. I miss Deanna something terrible, but Jim wanted to move to Jacksonville to work there, until he retired. They will move back to California then.

What a house they have. OMG it is gorgeous. Looks like a mansion. A lot cheaper there, then the prices here in California. He gets a new MB every year and so does his wife. He is a nice hubby to get her one too. LOL LOL. The company pays for his though.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Marcy. That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Skippy, Rod and Linda. I did get a lot of positive attention and compliments but I was most excited about being able to enjoy myself and finally get to really look through my husband''s telescope.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the star party sounds fantastic! Isn't there supposed to be a Perseids meteor shower visible the next few weeks, I think starting tonight? I would watch for it here but there are too many lights around us and it won't be visible tonight until 1 a.m. our time...

HotRod, your new car is H-O-T!!! I love it, and you and Charlie look fantastic! Your Starbucks reminds me of one by us in Oak Park, IL, it's on the same kind of corner location and obviously same colors, hee hee. We rarely get to s. bucks, there isn't one within super convenient walking distance unfortunately. Interesting about the walkway, what a great location you guys are in. Also, can i PLEASE get Charlie's recipe for his tomato/onion/cucumber salad? I make one too, but I'd like to see how he dresses and seasons his!

Jas, I think you just have to find small amounts of time to get in exercise, whether it's a full blown workout or not. When I worked five blocks from our house I used to walk home and back which was 10 minutes each way, so I would count that as 20 minutes of exercise a day. Later I would take my dog for a walk, so another 30-45 minutes, then I would work on my arms with free weights while watching t.v. in the evening, so another 10 minutes. Some articles I've read have mentioned that working out in small blocks of 10-15 minutes at a time a few times a day is almost as good as doing a 30 minute workout all at once, you are still being active and getting exercise. Don't get down on yourself if you can't fit in lengthy workouts or are too tired to work out when you get home. I think also you might want to change your thought process and try to think of your workouts as "me" time where you can relax and free your mind for a few minutes instead of "I HAVE to fit in a workout" and stressing out over it even more. Ya know? HTH, just my .02.

DH and I went out for brunch today at a little restaurant we used to frequent when we lived a few burbs west of here. They have a great, and pretty healthy brunch buffet with tons of fresh produce so I took advantage of that, and DH had a bunch of fattening food that I refused to look at, LOL! I was determined not to get into anything with buttermilk in it or butter on it, ha! We came home pretty stuffed and took a little nap this afternoon, then we took the dogs for a walk even though it was still uncomfortably hot out. There was at least somewhat of a breeze, and it didn't seem as humid because it stormed in the middle of the night, so it wasn't so bad. Tonight we didn't feel like grilling out or heating up the kitchen by cooking in it, so we got takeout from a great Mexican restaurant we love. I had veggie enchiladas with julienned zuchini, italian squash, carrots, and shallots and basil, they were yummy-licious. I got a triple fudge (very small) choco cake for DH, lit a candle on it for him and the dogs and I sang Happy Birthday to him in the kitchen. He laughed at me the whole time, and I had a hard time not laughing through it myself! I did ok in h.s. choir, but I'm no insert-fabulous-singer's-name-here. LOL! The dogs didn't actually sing, but they wagged their tails and smiled, they must've been laughing too.

Good night all--see ya Monday!
35.gif
ETA: btw, I forgot to mention that I posted a thread in Shopping regarding Nike Shox RNG Remix shoes? They're ipod compatible, I wondered if anyone here wears them or has any experience with them? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results