shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 6th Aug till 12th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

And it looks like there is more PANTSY weather on the way!!!
29.gif
Yesterday was glorious, I could hear the combines whirring in the distance as it is harvest time, hay and straw was being loaded up, the sun was shining with little puffs of breeze - enough to keep the day at just the right temperature!

And now clouds are gathering....
39.gif

But I digress. I was thinking again it might not be a bad time for a reminder of why we work out and how we would feel if we didn't, we know there are huge rewards from making the commitment to getting out there and working. For me, it has finally given me the freedom to not have to worry about my weight, I know as long as I work out and eat carefully ( with the odd piece of CC thrown in
31.gif
) that I can keep in shape - before I felt a huge sense of panic and lack of control. This would bring me to starving myself and living on 900 cals a day, then binge eating. I was permanently at war with my body and it is no way to live. I always wanted to lose 10 pounds by yesterday - it wasn't until I gave myself time to do this and realize there was no quick fix, that I was finally able to be successful.

I have accepted the fact that I have to exercise and watch what I eat to stay reasonably trim, but now I have stopped fighting it and accepted the fact, it is ok. Anything worth having takes work, and to me, a good half hour or 45 mins spent on the treadmill or elliptical is time well spent, the rewards far outweigh the work needed. I know where I would be if I didn't put in the work and I don't want to go back there, so I can use this as a good motivator to keep me going. Also as well, if I miss a workout, it isn't a big deal as this is a lifelong process and in the big scheme of things, it won't make any difference in the long run as long as I get back to it as soon as I can.

So for those who may be having motivation problems, think about how things could be without exercise and you may find it gives you a new boost and enthusiasm!

Have a great week
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I made it through the weekend reletively unscathed (no weight gain). Despite a barbecue, and weekly dinner out, I only broke my diet once with a small peice of fruit tart, and a small bowl of chips. Managed to get the cardio workout done for saturday and sunday too, so I''ve woken up on Monday feeling really motivated.

And I actually went shopping! I bought 3 dresses, and a cute top! Things that will probably still fit once the weight comes off (they fit now too) because most of my weight gain has been on the shoulders, and lower tummy, and behind, so these things look good now and will later. It makes me feel so much better! I''ve pretty much been in capri shorts and the same t-shirt ALL summer, and something about having pretty clothes makes me feel better. I''m putting off pants until the weight losss, because most of the problem areas make my pants tighter.

We actaully went out to a club with our friends this weekend. I rarely do out even WITHOUT weight gain, so you can imagine how silly I get when I feel gross. In any case, I think I conquered that mental barrier, because I went out, wore one of the cute dresses, and it was fine.

Lorelei: What a relief to know that I''m not the only one that used to do the 800 calorie and then binge diet! I''m really happy to not be doing that this time, and only hope I can keep it up. I think that diet is for the wildly impatient. I think any of us on that diet do feel at war with our bodies, and just having to obsess about food all the time is really tiring. So kudos to you, let''s keep this up!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ally, I used to do that all the time, try to stick to unrealistic calorie intakes as it was drummed into me by so called " experts" that it was what I needed to do to lose weight, then I would be eating sugar out of the bowl, cereal out of the box and binge until I felt ill.

It took me a long time to get past that and if by sharing here, I help someone else, then all to the good!!! It is no way to live and it is a constant war, trying to exist on pitifully few calories, then the poor body crying out for food. We do need to keep this up as it is hard to break these unhealthy patterns, it takes work, but it can be done! How amazing it is once you realize you can actually eat and not be hungry - just be mindful of what you eat and workout!!!

I remember some of these plans for example"

Breakfast - 1 rasher of bacon or 1 egg, 2 ryvita ( crispbread) half tsp low fat spread, 4 oz orange juice. half a pint of milk to go in tea or coffee( for daily allowance)

Snack - 1 apple

lunch - 4 oz corned beef, or sandwich meat, tuna - 2 crispbread. Orange

Snack - one small fat free yogurt

Dinner - steak or chicken, piece of fish, vegetables - no potatoes.

This was the typical 800 - 1000 cal plan from a few years ago
14.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, thank you for my Monday morning inspiration and motivational words to live by. I think that once we reach the point that we are making these choices to exercise as much as we can and eat as sensibly as we can; we will always strive to keep ourselves as healthy as we can. I know that for myself where I am so limited on what exercise I can do, that if don''t have time to walk or do stretches at night I feel sluggish and tired. As I become healtier I can do so many more things and it does make me feel bad if I don''t get around and go for a walk. I used to try the 800 or 1000 calorie diets but quickly gave up because I didn''t see enough results to warrant the self starvation. I find the 1200 to 1400 very easy for me to maintain because it does allow me to eat normal food and I get enough variety and can eat things I want to eat to keep me from binging.

Allycat, I had a bad weekend for some junk food and gained about 1/2 pound but since some of the junk food was popcorn at the show last night I am sure it''s water weight. I still feel yukky this morning! I think I have sworn off popcorn until I forget (about 6 months) how bad it makes me feel. Congratulations on your new dresses and cute top. I have on my new pair of jeans and a new top this morning and can''t believe how nice it is to have snug fitting clothes.

Have a great day everyone!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, everyone.
Checking in for the morning call.
3.gif
No weight loss (but no weight gain either).
9.gif
I''ve been stagnant for the past 3 weeks and my size isn''t getting smaller. Oh well, I''ll keep working out anyway because I love it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank YOU Marcy for your very kind words, it makes me happy to be able to help people with these things, especially after all the misery my fluctuating weight has caused me over the years. I think the middleground is KEY, 'diets' where you are hungry all the time and so restricted ( like the example I gave above) are setting the person up for failure. I couldn't understand why I couldn't stick to these diets like other people seemed to - according to the success stories in the slimming mags I was addicted to....Until one day the penny finally dropped that this was something which should be a journey for life, no more of this crash bang starvation and expecting to drop ten pounds in a week, I had had enough!!!!

Slowly but surely was the key, once I took the pressure off, made my regime an important part of my day and life like taking a bath or brushing my teeth, I began to succeed. Also it has now been over a year since I quit smoking and I have stayed trim. Now I work with my body instead of hating it and fighting with it. I don't look in a mirror with delight ( especially with a scoliosis hump) but I do see a reasonably trim and fit looking woman and nowadays, that is fine by me. I don't need to be " thin" any longer, trim and healthy is really good enough. I try to see the positives, I do have a very short body as scoliosis sufferers often tend to, but I do have long slim legs which I like. I may not have much of a waist, but I do have a nice slim curve to my hips. I have a lump on my back, but I do have long shapely arms. I know what suits me for fashion and I try to make the most of what I have.

Congrats on the new threads too Marcy!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Chrono, hang in there, I would never lose poundage on a regular basis, but I bet you are losing inches!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
great post as usual Lorelei...

I did the golf course trail with Zoe this morning. About 3 1/2 miles total and it was almost 90 degrees by the time I got home at 7:15am...high''s in 100''s again this week
8.gif
. I don''t mind summer weather but when it gets that hot it''s just not fun to be outside, the pool water in unheated pools is close to 90 and just not very refreshing. Still, we will hit the pool for a bit today just to burn all the kid energy that flows 24/7 though my house. school starts soon too, i really hope the weather will break just a bit for the kids. I was also looking into possible taking a bootcamp class offered at our gym. i always see all these ladies running up hills outside, carrying weighted balls and the very fit trainer pushing them on. I think it looks kind of fun to be able to work that hard with a group but have the trainer to help motivate too. Once school starts back up I think I''m going to try it. gotta do something to tone up and thin out my thighs/booty, still not happy at all with how my lower half looks. that is also the area where my higher body fat #''s are so there is definitely room for inches to be lost there. some of it I know is just genetic, my family is all thin but the gals are all short and have some curves, no boy hips at all, womanly curves to go around, but i know there is room for toning, just don''t want to build muscle and make everything bigger
32.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey WWT Friends!
35.gif

Gosh, yesterday we made some really yummy burgers and chicken. Well, I woke up ate a bran muffin (Mara's recipe) and then though a burger would be good and had a small one and then thought another one would be good. I had two burgers; I feel like wacko Skippy eating so much already
27.gif
but they were so good. I need to start making yucky burgers so this doesn't happen again, ugh!!! Now I need to rearrage what I eat for the rest of the day.

I got up and was going to mow our big ole lawn but the mower was not charger since it is electric; I will mow it this evening. I need the exercise after 2 burgers and a bran muffin!!
3.gif

Marcy, yay for climbing ladders but be careful; have hubby hold the ladder
2.gif
You whould be so proud! Thanks for posting more beautiful braclet pics!! There are a few questions for you in the Astronomy(sp?) thread.

Mrs. Salvo, wow 90 degrees at 7am!!! Crazy; I get sweaty w/ 78's at 7 so I can't imagine 90 degrees. I hope it cools off; have fun w/your sweet girls these last few weeks. I am always amazed at how quick kids grow up!!!

Lorelei, I agree w/the comfortable weight thing completely!! I use to weigh 119, I would go crazy because I would eat a burger and it would show up right away and I would go crazy trying to maintain. After several years it took me awhile to figure out a better weight for me. Thanks for such a great opening; I am sorry it is raining again. Boo hoo.

Hey Allycat, yay for new clothes and conquering the mental barrier!

Morning, Chrono, yay for maintaining.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your kind words MrsSalvo and Skippers!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday All!

Great opener as always, Lorelei! And my guess is you are quite stunning, scoliosis and all.

Skip, the burgers sound yummy.

mrssalvo, that''s a bit too hot for me! I''m lucky enough to be able to escape to the beach when it goes into the 90s here.

Chrono, it''s easy to say "don''t be frustrated!" when you''re not the one experiencing the weight loss struggle, but I''ve been there and it can be annoying. keep your chin up!

I''m completely engulfed by school still and my back isn''t healing quickly, so working out has been limited to running around with the kids at school, which ends tomorrow. I''m going to my parents Wed-Fri, so will probably get some good walks in with my mom. Their neighborhood is conducive to exercise, most side streets are culdasacs that have paseos running between them. You can walk for miles upon miles, I love it. John''s in charge of dinner; he bought a porterhouse for us to split.

Keep up the great work all!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I did a Firm workout today. I also had what I call "early lunch" and "late lunch." Around 11 I was pretty hungry so I had an English muffin and peanut butter, and at 2:30 I had a veggie burger, green beans and almond slivers, and some pineapple. Tonight I''m going to try to cook something with lots of veggies, either black beans and rice with bell peppers or whole wheat penne with canned tuna, eggplant, and tomatoes. Notice how I said "try." I just hate cooking! And even though DH never asks me too, I realize that it really isn''t fair to be off for the summer and expect him to come home from work and cook. He still will every once in a while (got tuna steaks today so he can grill them and add asparagus and couscous or bulgar soon), but this leads to us eating out a lot. Which is great, because I LOVE eating out. Even changing my eating habits hasn''t made me enjoy eating out less. I used to always order the duck or the steak salad or the veal or the goat cheese salad, and now I''m ordering the vegetarian option or the fish option (I still eat red meat just much less) and maybe asking DH to split dessert if I didn''t have an appetizer.

I don''t count calories, so I honestly don''t have an idea of how much I eat per day. Obviously I''ve never been far off . . . even my gradual weight gain was about two pounds a year on average, and my weight loss was about one pound a week, so I must get pretty close without stressing too much about it. My general philosophy is eat healthy foods in sensible amounts and at regular intervals from morning to afternoon, then drink wine if desired and eat a balanced dinner if possible. Yesterday I was unusually hungry/snacky, like I just wanted to munch on things all day. I had some gouda with low-fat triscuits for a snack AND some cookies after dinner (the neighbors'' children were over) AND a granola bar late at night in addition to what I''d normally eat. I was just munch, munch, munch. But the scale was 121 this morning, one pound over my low, so I guess I was just hungry. I don''t want to become obsessive and limit myself, although my guess is that I''m eating between 1500 and 2000 calories a day so I don''t think I''m generally overdoing it (I''m working out an hour a day or more so I know I can''t get by with 1200 calories).

One thing I''ve discovered is that it''s great to have pineapple chunks on hand. They are quite expensive ($5 for this little tub), but they are really satisfying if you get hungry without realizing it. I''ve had them recently when cooking dinner or waiting for my lunch to heat up and just had to have something right away, and they took the sting off my hunger. And the whole tub has hardly any calories so it''s guilt free.

Is it TMI if I say that my change in diet has really helped my digestion and related processes? I always had a problem with constipation and pain and when I eat a lot of veggies and fruit and not much meat, it is all smooth sailing. I feel like such an idiot that it took me to the age of 27 to figure this out.

Also, DH definitely likes the new me. Not that he didn''t like the old me. But he is always hugging me or touching me as he would have before and then going, "Oooh! Feel that!" And he compliments me wearing clothes a lot more. I wasn''t fat before but I''ve definitely improved my physique and have definition in various muscles like my calves and shoulders and abs. And it only took five months. Not that working out regularly for five months is a piece of cake, but in the grand scheme of things that doesn''t seem like a long time to go from drab to fab.
1.gif

Anyway, thanks to this board for being full of tips and inspiration. It''s just what the doctor ordered.
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I can tell you I fell YOUNGER when I work out. I feel more capable and my mental outlook is much better when I''m active. I have more stamina for house projects, too. I stripped all the wallpaper off the boys'' bathroom today, which I think was a pretty good accomplishment. 6 months ago I''m not sure I would have been able to do it in a week, let alone one day.

I wish I could say I''ve been following my Weight Watchers and have lost all the weight I need to, but I haven''t. I have been pretty busy with the kids, swimming, walking and all and I''m not gaining anything. I eat a LOT, I can''t imagine eating 800-1000 calories a day. Yikes! I know I eat about 2000 or so a day, easily. Actually, I don''t think that''s horrible if I get the vegetables and fruits and water I''m supposed to, but usually I don''t get them all in. I''m not really trying to be a really small size, I just want stamina, health and to feel a certain personal power that I can meet the challenges and goals in my life. I want a good quality of life in my older years and not be a financial burden in my old age because of ill health.

You guys are all amazingly focused on your nutrition and work outs. I come by an lurk sometimes, and I do get inspired.

Enjoy your workouts this week, everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am too pissed off at my scale to post. Maybe tomorrow...
38.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 7:12:17 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I am too pissed off at my scale to post. Maybe tomorrow...
38.gif

LOL! I am so with you Dee! And while we're being pissed at inanimate objects, add my measuring tape to it too! I didn't lose a lb, an inch, anything this week. AND I have been eating super well and was at the gym 6x last week!

So what did I do? Oh yes, I marched right over to my gym and hired a trainer! Lol! I figured that if there is any time in my life to work with a trainer it's the 2 months before my wedding right? Anyway, I just got back from my first evaluation session, and I really like him a lot. He's all about working your core Rod! He used to be a gymnast, then started bodybuilding. But I liked him because he understood my desire to get "lean" rather than getting huge like him! Hopefully he will be able to kick my butt into gear...or at least break my scale for me.
3.gif
He promised I would be hurting after our first real session...so lets hope it's worth the $.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! I did not have a very productive weekend...went to a b-day party Saturday and had a few more cocktails than I should''ve, so I spent most of Sunday lounging on the couch with the doggies and nursing a hangover. Ah well, once in a while ya gotta live it up! Today was back to normal, though, although the weather was PANTS! Hot, extremely humid, and stormy off and on with a bit of rain but not enough to diminish this oppressive heat one iota. The poor A/C is doing overtime today and tonight, that''s for sure. I got all the laundry done, the kitchen and bathroom cleaned, and got everything together for my interview tomorrow, so I''m taking a little breather now to PS and relax before I head upstairs to press my shirt. I would''ve taken it to the cleaners but they have a way of smashing buttons to absolute pieces and I didn''t want to deal with sewing anything so I will just do it myself. Oh, and I just want to say that to all you petite gals who have to get their trousers hemmed on a regular basis....I feel for you! I ordered suit pants in a tall size from J.Crew a few weeks ago and had them hemmed and it ended up costing me $15! They are lined so that accounts for some additional cost but I wasn''t expecting to pay over $10 for such a simple procedure. I could''ve done it myself if I owned a sewing machine to do the lining with, blech. I also could''ve taken them to the store and had them hemmed for free but nooooo, I hate mall traffic, so I had to do it the expensive way. Lesson learned!

I hope to do a couple exerciseTV workouts tomorrow morning (my interview is at 1 p.m.), probably yoga and something cardio, so I expend some nervous energy and go into this relaxed and refreshed. It''d be nice to go for a walk but the weather is not expected to improve for the next day or so.

Lorelei, thanks for the always inspirational Monday words! I agree, it really pays to come to sort of a self-acceptance and not hate what you cannot change but try to work on it in a positive manner. I gave up hating some things about my body a few years ago and although I may not be ecstatic about my appearance, I''m happy with it. There''s always room for improvement, and I''ll always have health and fitness goals, but I''ve stopped being so hard on myself and I try to really focus on the things I like about my body instead.

Allycat, good job on getting workouts in this weekend! And so what if you "broke" your diet...I bet you had a great time and it''s not like you had a full out binge. So pat yourself on the back for giving yourself a little treat or two!

Marcy, I''m the same way with popcorn. My DH eats it almost every night for a snack, and I don''t know how his tummy can handle it, mine can''t! Luckily now when I have a craving for it, I know it''s not worth eating because I''m wearing braces now and it would take forever to clean them up after!

Chrono, there''s something to be said for weight maintenance, in my book! As long as you''re not gaining, at least you know you''re doing something right! Keep up the great work, I''m sure the scale will be kinder to you soon enough.

Mrs.S, I hear ya on the hot weather, not being comfortable outside is tough and it makes working out such a chore.

Neatfreak, your trainer sounds great! Good for you, I bet he will whip you right into tip top shape!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi wwt'ers!! we're on vacation but i was checking email and thought i just had to post this for my fellow lemon and cream lovers on here....!!

i had the lemon griddle cakes this morning with devonshire cream and O...M....G....fabulous and phenominal. honestly so tasty. i also had a fruit and yogurt bowl to get some protein in and didn't plan to eat my whole pancake plate (just 2) but man they were just so good. we had no lunch really, and i had grapes as a snack today so it all balances out lol.

the hotel here is fab as usual...and yes skippy the breakfast is expensive, this whole place is. our food and bar bill is typically more than the room costs (they have special room deals, they are typically like $500 rack rates but more like 1/3 of the cost for summer but they get you on all the food and drinks!)...our daquiris today were $13 each and we shared 3 between us at the pool (and lots of water with lemon!). raspberry daquiris oh my!

also we worked out last nite and i worked out 2x today. elliptical in the morning and walking in the evening, though last nite i did a walk run half half combo. i got a massage today which was so painful yet SO worth it. tomorrow i am having a scrub and then on wed greg and i are getting a couples massage for his birthday. the hotel also had chilled champagne for us for greg's bday which was really sweet. i'm going to be doing 2 workouts a day so i figure it will offset food and drink splurges, the goal is just not to gain any weight on vacation lol!

anyway we are about to head off to dinner at this french wine bistro we liked last year, but just had to tell miss lorelei that the lemon pancakes were divine. i thought of you (and alj my fellow lemon and real cream lover!!!) today while eating. hehee. we'll see what other culinary treaties i can fit in this trip hehee. tomorrow i might do the crunchy french toast which is another fave.

sharon are you heading to palm springs...i saw your other post...how fun!! we will just miss each other..it is HOT right now but it feels good hehe.

hope everyone is having a good start to the week...we surely are...hehee. enjoy and stay healthy all!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I found my tape measure. It was in the same drawer it was always supposed to be in. It was just obscured a bit (being naughty). So I measured for the first time in a few months.

Sadly, my only record of my measurements is this forum, and I think I overlooked the most recent update. Here's what I found (starting weight on March 3 was 138):

April May August
Height: 5'5" 5'5" 5'5"
Weight: 131 129 121
Bust: 33" 33" 32"
Waist: 29 at bellybutton 28.75" 27
lower waist: 33" 32.5 33
Hips: 37" 36" 35.5
Thighs: 23.5" (left) 24" (right) 23" (left) 23.75" (right) 20.75 (left) 21.75 (right)
Arms: 11" 10.75" 10.5

The dratted right thigh is gaining in its circumference versus the left thigh (went from half an inch to an inch bigger), but overall the change is welcome, and I've lost over two inches on each thigh. I only started measuring 5 weeks into working out when I'd already lost 7 pounds, so it's surely more.

I mean, seriously thigh, are you harboring some kind of super-evolved hyperfat that will withstand a nuclear blast? Because I get that one's body will hold on to its stores of fat in one place such as the stomach or the thighs or the butt, taking a last stand of sorts, but seriously, does it have to hold on in just one thigh? It's as though for every three calories I burn, two are lost in the left thigh and only one in the right.

But like two diamonds of slightly different size (ah, a diamond metaphor), I don't think it's too noticeable. Let's all hope there never comes a day when I'm posting a ten-times zoom shot of my thighs and asking if you can tell.
31.gif

P.S. I did make dinner tonight: black beans, rice, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. It was quite tasty. The recipe made 6 servings and about half of it was left, so we'll see if it saves well. But it definitely gave me some confidence to cook more often. I think that realizing that I couldn't just make white pasta + meat + cheese every night scared me, but I need to be open to fresh ingredients and sauteing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT''ers.
35.gif
The good news is I wore my new size 18 jeans to work today. The bad news is I didn’t try on the size 16 jeans because I bet they would have fit me – no problem. Yes, my new jeans are baggy. Oh well, they will last me for a while.
Chrono, sorry to hear the scale and the inches aren’t budging but I admire your determination to stick to it. I had a stretch in February where I don’t think I changed an ounce or a millimeter for about a month. I am glad to hear you love it.
Lorelei, thank you so much for sharing with us your thoughts about how you see yourself. I know we are all our harshest critics. I am not pleased when I see myself in a mirror but I certainly am excited at the improvements I see in myself. My knees are crocked and out of alignment (arthritis), my feet are twisted to the side and I am pigeon toed. My hips are always disproportional large compared to my waist / bust and now all I see is flabby underarms when I wear short sleeved shirts. I’m like you in that it took the realization that this was going to be my journey for life that led to my success. I realized that I must work at it one day at a time making it a part of my every day routine. I honestly don’t feel like I am struggling or feel deprived of anything. No matter how thin I get I will always have bad knees and twisted feet but they will carry me further and longer because I am healthier and that is what is important to me. I do see a thinner person in the mirror that I still have problems believing it is me; but I do like seeing it. Lorelie, I know that you are a wonderful, caring person, and you are beautiful both inside and out. Your positive and inspirational openings every week are something I look forward to reading every Monday morning. I appreciate all your help and kindness. It looks like we both have some pantsy health issues but we try to make the best of ourselves and that is a good thing.
MrsSalvo, I hope the temps lower for you soon. Warm pools don’t sound too refreshing. I can so identify with you on working on the booty area. I swear the phrase “a moment on the lips forever on the hips" certainly applies to me.
Hi Skippy, burgers are my favorite. I’d go hungry if I didn’t have burgers to eat. I am sure mowing the lawn burned off your burgers and muffin. My hubby is very attentive of me when I’m on a ladder. I will be careful but I am so excited to go. Thanks for the compliments on my bracelets. I answered you question on the astronomy thread.
Kimberly, I think chasing around children all day would be quite a workout! Enjoy your walks later this week.
PhoenixGirl, it sounds to me like you are eating wisely and making good choices with an occasional treat. I love fresh pineapple too; it is sweet and tangy so I find it very satisfying to eat. All of your hard work is paying off. LOL about posting a zoom photo of your thighs. I hope you won’t ask if we see “color” or “flaws” in it. Ha Ha.
Lumpkin, that is marvelous to hear your stamina has improved and you feel great after you workout. It is amazing the energy you get from it.
DeeJay, stupid scale!
Neatfreak, I am sure your trainer could take out your evil scale. My DH could take care of it for you too; he ran our trailer over 2 of my flower pots today. What a mess! LOL. Your trainer sounds great.
Monarch, it sounds like you had a nice time this weekend but too bad you had to pay for it later. Hangovers are no fun. Good luck on your job interview tomorrow. I am glad to hear you are happy with yourself; I am working on that. That is a great idea to focus on what you like about yourself and continue to work on health and fitness goals. I bet that would be hard to get popcorn out of your braces. It wouldn’t be worth it to me either.
Mara, your lemon cakes and cream sound marvelous. It sounds like you and Greg are living a life of luxury this week. Yeah and enjoy!
I must go exercise. Laters.
Marcy

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

I might be hitting a bit of the plateau or something. I look thinner. I know this because my grandmother remarked right away (as did my sister who returned for a one week trip) and these are not ladies to mince words or anything. They notice weight, like us PS''ers notice bling! But the scale is pretty much not moving.
I''m eating tiny (maybe 1 inch peices of a fruit desert at night.) I think it''s a trade off, it''s got 150 calories, but it prevents me from binging at night. So I think it''s worth the sacrifice at this point. Altough I hope it''s not the reason that I haven''t noticed any movement on the scale. Aside from that, no binging, still eating regular meals. I eat them even when I am NOT hungry. I''m thinking of it as training my body, and getting my metabolism to stop starving.

Lorelei: Well that was a great post to start the morning with! It seems you have come a LOONG way with smoking, body image etc. I hope I get there soon.

Mrssalvo: I don''t know how you juggle everything with the kids ontop of it! I think a trainer is a great idea. I always fine that in groups (whether virtual or real) is the only time I can lose weight. It''s like I need to account to someone.

Skippy: Oh my god do I crave red meat! Burgers??? I''m a fiend for burgers and ribs. They are my downfall. Although I do tend to feel a little sick after eating them. I saw the reciped for the bran muffins on the other site, they seem pretty darn healthy to me, so I wouldn''t include the bran muffin in the guilty list with the burgers.

Phoenixgirl: I have to agree about the cooking. I''m off this summer too so I''ve been cooking a lot for my guy (and he is very, very grateful) I start school on the 22 of August, so I want to try and spoil him before he makes do with the canned tuna. Although I do feel that cooking for him AND making a firm commitement to EAT with him, helps me get the regular meals in. Sounds like you are doing well!

Lumpkin: I think it''s really hard to get the required number of fruits in a day. I''ve never even attempted
32.gif

Neatfreak, dee-Jay: It''s just a plateau, it''s just a plateau
2.gif
. Darn scale does seem a little slow these days.

Monarch: Well a birthday party needs a little celebration! I give myself one day a week to cut a little loose with the food or else I would lose my mind! Congrats on the new trainer! It''s always worth the money if he can kick start you.

Mara: I CANNOT believe you managed to work out on vacation. That deserves double kudos you crazy woman. I could never imagine being able to do that. Hope you enjoyed the french bistro!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep thinking of those lemon pancakes Mara and amusing myself with all the possible flavour combinations - are they rich and fluffy with soft lemon flavour, or more like a crepe with a sharp lemon bite, softened with the Devonshire cream????.....AAAAGH!!!! What did I have for exciting food yesterday? Packet pasta! Yuck.

Glad you are having a great time Mara and are making the most of foodie opportunities!
3.gif

Thanks all for your kind words, it is truly appreciated!

Did half an hour on the ellip last night, so not bad.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin everyone. I never got a moment to chime in yesterday.

Great opener as usual Lorelei! Sorry you''re getting Pantsy weather again. It''s super hot in Tampa, but no rain.

Yesterday was just too busy at work and last night I got to spend a fun filled night sitting at the airport waiting for Charlie''s flight, which arrived over 2 hours late. We were supposed to have our normal Monday night Sushi. Instead, I wound up eating a blechhhh salad at the airport. Ugh.

Those pancakes sounded divine Miss Mara. Wish Greg a Happy Birthday from me.

I still don''t know when I''m picking up the new car. The dealership isn''t offering me a good deal on my trade, so I''m holding tight until they come up a little. I hate this part of car buying. There''s always "Some" reason your trade is devalued, even if it''s a perfect specimen. Anyway, maybe today we''ll get it resolved.

We plan on working out tonight, unless we do go pick up the new car.

Have a great day everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Greg too!!!!

You must be so excited about the new car, sorry the dealership is offering pants on the trade, hope they can do better for you!!!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2007 11:05:12 PM
Author: phoenixgirl

I mean, seriously thigh, are you harboring some kind of super-evolved hyperfat that will withstand a nuclear blast? Because I get that one''s body will hold on to its stores of fat in one place such as the stomach or the thighs or the butt, taking a last stand of sorts, but seriously, does it have to hold on in just one thigh? It''s as though for every three calories I burn, two are lost in the left thigh and only one in the right.

But like two diamonds of slightly different size (ah, a diamond metaphor), I don''t think it''s too noticeable. Let''s all hope there never comes a day when I''m posting a ten-times zoom shot of my thighs and asking if you can tell.
31.gif
LOL, phoenixgirl!
9.gif
One day super-evolved thigh hyperfat will solve all our energy problems, I just know it! And imagine if we *did* grade our thighs at 10X mag? Slightly included cellulite...hmmmm.

Seriously though, for most of my life one of my thighs was larger than the other and now they are the same. Because I sew I have measurements going from way back. So there''s a silver lining to middle-age for you, sometimes things even out!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings friends!

Lorelei, your opening was spot-on, as usual. Thank you. However, your musings on Mara''s lemony goodness breakfast were torturous! Now all I can think of is lemony treats. Creamy lemony treats.

Skippy -- I never commented on your exam, but congrats on plowing through it!

I rewrote this next section three times. So, to keep it short: Yesterday was so difficult for me...I finally got on the calendar of the dude whose class I am covering while he''s on sabbatical. It''s a terrible situation, and I think I was told 1/2 truths during the interview process...and I asked very specific questions, the answers to which, I am finding, were not completely honest. The only thing I guess I should keep in mind is something the head of the school told me...that there are 3 components here: me, the teacher I''m covering for, and the kids...and it''s fine if only two of those components are happy as long as one of those isn''t me.

I mean, I get that, but right now it''s really coming across as harsh. I believe (and I''m feeling sensitive right now) that attitude strips me of a little dignity.

I was so careful in going from a job where I was so upset for two years to a situation where I thought I could actually do the job I want to do, and I can''t. But I guess not careful enough.
6.gif
I am, I suppose, just feeling a little sorry for myself and licking my bruised ego. I am being treated as a sub, not as a teacher. And I''m not knocking subs at all. It''s just that I was specific in asking certain questions to determine which would be the case. I was told "visiting teacher" -- which, in reality, is not the case.

So I''m grappling with that. DH and I are struggling over this because he (and I) are terrified that I''m going to be as stressed and unhappy as I was at my last position. (To clarify, my last position was only difficult the last 2 years. Before that, I was really happy). He''s an emotional chameleon, so if I''m upset, he takes that on. (Beyond empathy level)

There are other complications that prevent me from just leaving...but I don''t do that sort of thing anyway. My word, my bond, etc.

I''m sure I will feel better after a workout or something.

Last night we had pasta, shrimp, and veggies all marinated in garlic and olive oil with feta, oregano, onion and diced tomato on top. It was really really good and pretty healthy as the feta was fat-free.

I''m going to have to kick myself in the fanny to workout today, but I''ll do it.

Sheesh -- honest, in real life, I am NOT such a Debbie Downer! (mwah-mwah)

40.gif

*goes off to find a good knock-knock joke to share with the group*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, your opening was spot-on, as usual. Thank you. However, your musings on Mara's lemony goodness breakfast were torturous! Now all I can think of is lemony treats. Creamy lemony treats.

Hehehe....lemony treats....lemony treats.......

I am also wondering if they had a lemon sauce / ribbon running through them, with the devonshire cream in a gorgeous melting dollop on top, or slightly crispy and sugary, with a tart lemon flavour and the cream melting in a soft puddle over them....Or were they rolled up with a lemon filling perhaps and dusted with powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon over the top?......

Yum. Whatever they were, I bet they were yum.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
As promised:

Knock Knock
Who''s There?
Norma Lee
Norma Lee who?

Norma Lee I don''t tell knock knock jokes, but I have to do what I can to stop Lorelei from making me drool on my keyboard!

Thank you. I''m here all week.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
......perhaps a little buttery with finely grated zest and a suggestion of lemon * jus* sprinkled over the top, melding with the powdered sugar to give an almost lemon drop experience.....
30.gif

oh i forgot. this is supposed to be a workout thread.
28.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

anyway we are about to head off to dinner at this french wine bistro we liked last.
Mara--what is the name of this place.....???

sharon are you heading to palm springs...i saw your other post...how fun!! we will just miss each other..it is HOT right now but it feels good hehe. Excellent!
I am looking forward to our holiday--and I just might check out your hotel for breaky one day--that is my favorite meal of the day and I like to splurge.....oh and for the most delish marg''s in the LaQuinta hotel bar
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Howdy WWT Friends!

Okay, I felt so bad yesterday eating 2 hamburgers before noon and felt full all day so for dinner I ate a bowl of low fat black bean soup so for sure I did well. The old Skippy would have said oh well, now to the candy bars since I blew it so I was proud of myself. I feel it in my bones that tomorrow I have a good weigh in. hehehe Today is another day of physical therapy. I have done about half the exercises daily since there are so many of them. I hope I don''t get in too much trouble but I am doing them daily. I have an appointment for my orthodics on the 18th; I found out they aren''t funny looking shoes, they are insoles, but they cost $235, ouch.

Gosh, people are busy! Monarch thinking about you.
Kimberly, yay that school will be over soon; hope you get a break.
Rod, dang the dealership; have you thought about selling it yourself???? It sounds like a beautiful car.
Mara, yay for Palm Springs workouts and massages!
Sharon
, that is cool that you will be vacationing there soon, fun!
Lorelei, is the weather better; I am heading to your neck of the woods in Feb so I am sure I will see lots of rain, but I love England.
Alleycat
, yay for doing well w/your meals friend!
Marcy
, thanks for the info on the meteor showers; I can''t wait!!!
Heya Neatfreak yay for the workouts!
Jas, hang in there; you sound like an awesome teacher!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 1:58:52 PM
Author: Skippy123
Howdy WWT Friends!

Okay, I felt so bad yesterday eating 2 hamburgers before noon and felt full all day so for dinner I ate a bowl of low fat black bean soup so for sure I did well. The old Skippy would have said oh well, now to the candy bars since I blew it so I was proud of myself. I feel it in my bones that tomorrow I have a good weigh in. hehehe Today is another day of physical therapy. I have done about half the exercises daily since there are so many of them. I hope I don''t get in too much trouble but I am doing them daily. I have an appointment for my orthodics on the 18th; I found out they aren''t funny looking shoes, they are insoles, but they cost $235, ouch.

Gosh, people are busy! Monarch thinking about you.
Kimberly, yay that school will be over soon; hope you get a break.
Rod, dang the dealership; have you thought about selling it yourself???? It sounds like a beautiful car.
Mara, yay for Palm Springs workouts and massages!
Sharon
, that is cool that you will be vacationing there soon, fun!
Lorelei, is the weather better; I am heading to your neck of the woods in Feb so I am sure I will see lots of rain, but I love England.
Alleycat
, yay for doing well w/your meals friend!
Marcy
, thanks for the info on the meteor showers; I can''t wait!!!
Heya Neatfreak yay for the workouts!
Jas, hang in there; you sound like an awesome teacher!
Yay for you Skippers!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Isn''t it just so great when you learn that it is ok to eat more on occasion, but you know it is easily balanced out?

It is raining as I speak, just got the horses in for the night and I am wet again.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results