shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd July till 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
princess, consider yourself "joined." You don''t have to do a darn thing, including posting your stats, to participate aside from post. Our whole purpose is to motivate, encourage and share tips with each other, while still enjoying life (you''ll find that many of us have french fry and treat addictions!). This thread often goes outside the realm of healthy living (especially on splurge nights and during life''s little bumps, health and otherwise). Some of us weigh in every Wednesday, others forgo the process, some post multiple times a day, others less often so. So welcome aboard; come as often or infrequently as you please. We''re happy to have you!

Marcy, we usually only eat out twice a week, and technically we''re still on that track, but we ate out Friday, Saturday, Sunday (so I was off last week) and then on Tuesday. The scale isn''t so bad considering! Thanks for being so encouraging. You eat dinner and then supper, I love it! We were talking about that last night. It''s probably so much better for you than eating the biggest meal of the day in the evening; that''s what we do. Enjoy your fireworks!

John picked up ribs, corn and fruit for a salad for dinner. Should be yummy. I''m still doing schoolwork, blech. My wonderful hubby went to the bookstore and picked out a few new books for me to read. He wants me to step away from the computer for a bit as I''ve been inundated with school lately and my only breaks are quick PS check ins.

Back to lesson planning!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4th Everyone!!

First, Monnie, I laughed at your coffee induced house-cleaning story. It made me think of a T-shirt I saw recently which said........"Drink Coffee, Do Stupid Things Faster!!" That about sums up your experience there, eh??!!

Mara, your root beer floats sound great. I probably won't try it though. I never much cared for root beer floats. I'm not a root beer liker.........but for those who do, I'm sure it's great. And on whether you'd actually feel the added protein you're taking, I wouldn't count on you feeling it at all. The protein is used by your muscles to recover faster and build more. Seems to me you weren't bent on building bigger muscles, but protein will actually help you do that. Still, I can't say that I've ever felt anything from having added protein in my diet.

Alj........yummy menu with the king crab legs and steak. We should have come to your place for dinner!!

Kimberly, don't lose any sleep over 1.5 pounds. You know your body can fluctuate anywhere from 3 - 5 pounds from one to the next. As a matter of fact, I was speaking with one of the trainers at our gym the other day and he was saying that his weight shot up like 5 pounds in one day after eating a large popcorn (which he said was too salty) at the movies the other night. The sodium can really make you retain fluid. So, the thigh measurement and weight could be nothing more than sodium in your system. I think I recall reading about some 'issues' in SD when that was going on. It can happen in any city.

DeeJay, congrats on being down a pound. I'll be thinking about you tommorrow when you have those freckles removed. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Cello good deal on the new clothes and so sorry you're sweltering there.

Welcome Princess. Consider yourself joined. Now stick around and use us in anyway we can help!!

Yay for an hour on the treadmill last night Lorelei. And thanks for wishing us a Happy 4th!

Today's been a very nice day. I slept till almost 10 (sorry you couldn't sleep in Mara, but am guessing you were excited about having company and everything you had to do to get ready). We had kind of a normal Sunday on Wednesday. We had scones, a bowl of fresh fruit and coffee on the terrace, then we did some household things and then headed out for a quick bite at Panera. I had the fat free vegetable soup and 1/2 a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on multi-grain bread. I haven't had PB&J in like forever and for whatever reason it just seemed to be exactly what I wanted.

Then we went to this really cool and hip men's shop, called Urban Body. Now, I'll try to explain this shop a bit. It's the kind of shop, muscle men buy clothes in. Or men in really good shape. For the most part, I've never been able to purchase clothes in this store. Even shirts or t-shirts marked XL, would have been too small for me. I always joked with the owner that his clothes were never designed for my out of shape body. So, here we are looking and even though the clothes in this store are too expensive (IMHO), I tried on a really cool (but too expensive) t-shirt in MEDIUM no less and it looked really good on me. I mean, WOW, I know I've changed my body a lot, but imagine how excited I was that I could pick up a t-shirt in this 'uber' trendy independent store and it not only fit, but looked good on me. Charlie tried one on that I wouldn't let him buy, because it looked "TOO HOT" and I'm not sure either of us is ready for "TOO HOT" no matter how good it might look. So, we both got a "hot" t-shirt at the rediculous price of $68/each, but it was just too cool to resist. Afterall, it was our anniversary anyway, so it was our little exciting treat.

Then we had coffe at Starbucks and hit the gym for a very long and accomplished workout. If anything, I think our t-shirt buying experience helped to fuel even stronger workouts. LOL

We cooked dinner at home which started with shrimp coctail appetizers, then I made jumbo lump crabcakes Maryland style (we're both from Maryland) which turned out super good. I was concerned that using the Vegannaise might alter the taste, but since we don't have mayo in our house anymore, I had to use the Vegannaise and they turned out fantastic. I use Old Bay seasoning, Italian Bread crumbs, mustard, celery seed, one raw egg, garlic and pepper and just enough moisture from the egg and vegannaise to hold it all together. Using pure lump crabmeat and mixing the ingredients gently holds the lump together. Then they're lightly fried in a skillet till brown on both sides. Super Super Super yummy. For dessert we went to the Cali-Yogurt shop and had Green Tea with active yogurt cultures and fresh blueberries. It was great.

We're heading to our next door neighbors condo in a couple minutes and we're going to drink a bottle of wine (or two) and watch the fireworks over the bay.

I hope everyone's 4th of July was as nice as ours was!!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, your crab cakes sound wonderful. I am not a fan of fish but I LOVE crab cakes (and a few other items with base ingredients from the sea). I''m not worried about the 1.5 lbs, I just hate that we went out to dinner on an uplanned night. I am not a regimented human being, except for when it comes to meals. A coworker''s last day is Friday and I only work M-T so I''m taking her to lunch tomorrow and as I much as I enjoy her company I''m bummed about it as I don''t want the added calories! So stupid on my part.

Dinner was delicious, I think I''m going to go sit outside and finish my wine from dinner, just enjoy the view for a while.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy 4th everyone!

We had a nice day today, we slept in until almost 11, which is unusual for us, but even the dogs slept late and we really had no need to be anywhere til later this afternoon. It was really hot and looked as though it might storm most of the day so we stayed inside and lounged around after lunch which was leftovers from last night''s yummy dinner. Then we put the dogs up and went over to DH''s parents'' for a little cookout...there were ribs, twice baked potatos, green beans, green salad, corn on the cob, and apple pie from TJ''s for dessert. I had a veggie burger, salad, and half a baked potato and green beans and skipped the rest, but I did indulge in a few beers so I guess i made up for calories that way! It was a nice dinner and good time spent with family.

Tonight there''s no way we could''ve taken a walk, the dogs are too freaked out and there are fireworks going off all around our neighborhood and I can''t stand the thought of possibly getting injured by a stray bottle rocket plus i hate the debris that falls off the fireworks. So DH is on dog-duty inside down in the basement and i''m out on the patio enjoying what I can see of some of the fireworks and typing away by the light of our tiki torches! Hoping to get in a nice long walk tomorrow when things have quieted down!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Friends,
Hubby and I helped at a charity event today and it was in Santa Fe so at the last minute he said lets get a hotel room on the plaza. So we did! It was so nice.
Okay, rewind to yesterday, I mowed the lawn and then in SF we walked around so when I went to bed by knee was throbbing
15.gif
and I couldn't sleep.
How long should I not exercise????
34.gif
I might just call the doctor, I just hate being inactive.
I guess I better watch very carefully what I eat. Sorry for the vent.

Happy 4th of July all!!!!

Sounds like everyone has some fun plans!!!

Kudos Rod for sleeping in until 10!!!
2.gif
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, if your knee is still bothering you at this point I''d call the doc and give it plenty of rest. In the meantime, you could work on your abs and arms to get some exercise/activity. Sorry to hear you''re having knee issues...those are nothing to pooh-pooh so take care of it asap.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 11:35:28 PM
Author: monarch64
Skippy, if your knee is still bothering you at this point I''d call the doc and give it plenty of rest. In the meantime, you could work on your abs and arms to get some exercise/activity. Sorry to hear you''re having knee issues...those are nothing to pooh-pooh so take care of it asap.
Good idea. I will pull out the weights!!!
9.gif
Big thank you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad everyone is having a wonderful forth and mid day off...

I met my sat. friend early for our magic mountain hike and then hubby, the kids and I went to my parents pool for the afternoon. it was so fun and relaxing. It''s so nice that both my kids can swim on their own and I don''t have to be in the pool with them the whole time like when they were babies. this is the first summer of freedom (I sit on the side, just in case) b/c my youngest is a fish, but still only 3. then we went to some friends for a huge party. They live on a 2 acre lot and put on the best backyard fireworks display and it sure beats the hassle of tons of traffic and city planned events. Foodwise we did pretty good considering all the options that were there. All it all it was a wonderful day. In-laws are all here so I don''t think I''ll be able to offically workout until sat. am but will try to at least get my usual walks in with Zoe.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the short week!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers!!

today was busy and REALLY HOT but a lot of fun. i love random days off like this. the concert was great...we were slowly melting outside, it was about 94ish but we at least had our shady spot under the trees. afterwards we came back home, turned on the A/C, took quick showers and then prepped some sangria last minute ( i wasn't going to make it but then it sounded so good since we were all so hot !) and then finished getting stuff ready for dinner. guests started arriving (some went to the store from the concert, others went home to change then came over etc). dinner turned out great, my burgers got big raves which was nice, greg said they turned out yummier and juicier than his...the only thing we could figure out that i did differently than him was not mushing the meat and onions and all that together too much, so maybe not pushing out the juices as much as he tends to. the corn and edamame salad got raves too, and for dessert we had a hodgepodge of things, people could serve whatever they wanted...but we had root beer floats, and also my mega fruit salad came out and we picked at that the rest of the evening and people had it over ice cream with whipped cream etc. i actually was pretty good today...i could drink sangria like a fish but i just had one glass with a big hunk of ice in it and nursed that most of the evening...then just had green tea. i had a TON of fruit, which unfortunately doesn't have really much protein in it, but it was sooo good, the fruit salad marinated for a few hours and it was soooo tasty. we have about 1/3 of it left over, which filled one medium, one small and one small medium storage containers so we'll have them at work tomorrow and then for dessert tomorrow night. i had a burger with only 1/2 the bun, and some cotswold cheese on it, yummy!!...some corn/edamame salad, a few baked fries, and 2 deviled eggs for dinner. we had baked guiltless gourmet chips, guacamole, and black bean salsa for snacks to begin with. earlier in the day i snacked on boiled egg whites (the leftovers from deviled eggs, aka the torn egg rejects) and fruit at the concert, along with water. it was funny because we all brought like 5 diff types of fruit to the concert so all the friends were just passing around random fruit items, 'hey want some canteloupe, want some apples, want some strawberries'...hehee. and then we had fruit in the sangria and the mega fruit salad. but it was all so good. after dusk we all went outside to the back park with blankets and watched the city fireworks which can be seen out the back of our buildings over the park about a mile away. it's a great view so we love it.

anyhow, greg is finishing cleaning up the kitchen and the original star wars movie is on...it'll be bed soon as i have a 7:30am call tomorrow, wah!!! is it the weekend yet?? hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of july, sounds like a lot of fun was had, yummy dinners (rod those crab cakes sound divine, we love crab cakes!), fireworks, etc!! yay.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. It sounds like everybody had a great 4th of July.
Rod, I smiled about your TOO HOT t-shirt story. You and Charlie can go out in style now. Congratulations on getting in to a smaller shirt. Yeah!
SkippyGirl, a night at the plaza sounds marvelous. So sorry to hear your knee is still hurting. I have bad knees, if I alter heat / ice on them and keep it elevated for a day or two it usually feels better.
We went out to watch the fireworks tonight. We sat up lawn chairs about 1 mile from the stadium. It rained in the early evening and in Wyoming when it rains the temperature drops about 20 to 30 degrees so it was a little chilly out there. I was wishing I’d taken my winter coat with me but once the show started I didn’t notice being cold anymore.
Have a great day. I took Thursday and Friday off so I’m going to do laundry and go walk around the mall.
Marcy

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
welcome princess!!! this thread will help motivate you because you''ll want good news to report to us as you check in during the week and the support for those days you just "fall off the wagon" is amazing. try not to think #''s--think about how you feel. #''s are discouraging sometimes and definately NOT an indicator of how healthy you really are. good luck
21.gif

Anyways yesterday was my day "off". i went to a family reunion--a big Italian family reunion...so you know that meant tons of appetizers and food filled with pasta and cheese, oh yeah this cappucino dessert along with tieramisu and canolis---really 4th of july-ha! i did really want a buffalo burger, watermelon, and salads. i tried to eat as healthy as i could, but nona insisted that i eat because i was too thin and i''d be offending her.
20.gif
and she does this really bad "you offended me" guilt trip.
39.gif
so i obliged. today i''ll be doing some kickboxing which i usually don''t do to switch it up a bit and get my buns in gear after yesterdays foodgasm. and i''m going for a nice long walk in the hilly area of the park.

mara i def. want to try the root beer float this weekend. it sounds so yummy.

hope everyones 4th was great!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! It sounds like everyone had a great 4th of July.

We didn''t have any plans or parties to attend, so we had a little party just the two of us. We made deviled eggs, ribs, yummmmm, asparagus and baked beans. Then I made chocolate chip cookies for dessert. We were planning to BBQ everything, but the weather was not really cooperating all day. It ended up not really raining/storming until later in the evening, but we didn''t want to chance it.

Since I had such a relaxing morning, I woke up and stretched my leg for a good 15 minutes. I kept having my fi push it in different directions and he was looking at me like I was crazy b/c I kept going, "owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww". Haha, I''m such a baby. I then did my core workout!! minus the lunges so I didn''t aggravate my leg, and I did upper body weights. Without cardio lately I feel like I''m not getting in a full workout, but I know I really needed to rest my leg.

I also cleaned our bathrooms and did some laundry, so my day wasn''t just a lazy, eating fest!

This morning I am happy to report that my leg is FEELING a LOT better! I am going to go running today at the gym (my friend & I have to do our race on Thursday since the gym was closed yesterday), and see what happens. I''m not going to push it too hard, but I feel ok enough now to get back into it.

It''s been about a month since my friend & I started our competition. I am only down about 2lbs, but I have lost almost 5" total!!! My biggest difference is in my chest (which I am ok with b/c I thought the girls were getting too big!), and my lower waist (2" - I was either really bloated, or this is apparently where I gain all my weight). I am pretty pleased with my progress. My natural waist was not giving me anything, but finally this week I lost .5". My wedding is only 2 months away now (eeeeeek!), and I would still like to be a little thinner. I am pretty much back to "normal", but if I could be more in shape and more toned by then, I''d be really happy. I can tell that my clothes look different, but I still can''t wear those darn capri pants. The legs are getting more comfortable, but my hips are still not cooperating. Maybe another 4 weeks.
2.gif

Skippy - have you been icing your knee? I find that icing really does help, and then I generally wrap my muscles in an ace bandage if at all possible. The compression definitely helps with the throbbing! Also - take some advil, if the area is swollen, the advil will reduce the swelling. I would call your doctor if you haven''t had any improvement for 5 days. That''s usually my threshold, but I am pretty wimpy about pain.

Kim - how did your hair turn out? I think I missed it, or you didn''t mention it!

I don''t know about you all, but today feels like Monday all over again! Thankfully tomorrow is Friday!!! Have a great day everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

The scale is headed back in the right direction, it read 125.6 this morning w/ wet hair, so that's great news.

It's back to work for one more day for me. I'm taking a coworker out to a "goodbye" lunch as tomorrow will be her last day and I don't work on Fridays. Then it's home and homework.

Danielle, my hair turned out better than I expected. She put carmel highlights in and then a glaze the same as my natural color on the rest of my hair, I really like it. I hate commiting to spending the $$ every 8 weeks, but it really did turn out cute.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like everyone had terrific 4th of July celebrations yesterday. We did watch the fireworks after I wrote my (too long - sorry) post last night. They were actually kind of disappointing. It had rained just before the show and it was kind of hazy, but this year''s display seemed to pale in comparison to last year''s display.

It does feel like Monday, only in slow motion. Seems most of the world took the rest of the week off and my inbox and phone are pretty idle this morning.

Glad the scale was friendlier this morning Kimberly. Enjoy lunch with your coworker.

Skippy, when I hurt my knee running, it took several weeks for it to stop hurting. Maybe I''m a glutton for punishment, but I just kept pushing it and the pain eventually just went away. My course of action was probably not the right one though, so if it''s still hurting and bothering you, it might be a good idea to consult with your doctor.

Danielle, glad your leg is feeling better and I hope you have a good run today!!

Is it Friday yet?????? I''m ready for the weekend and our little trip to the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah to Danielle and Kimberly for lower weigh ins.
36.gif
My scale went down too, now I''ve lost 108 pounds.
36.gif

I have a 5 day weekend so plan on working on my "chore" list today.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!
Marcy

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, thanks for the vacation wishes! Glad you''ve got some down time too! I hear you on the muffins---it''s one of the things I miss since dr''s order for no white flour/sugar.

Mara, definitely gonna have to try that float! II LOVE LOVE LOVE RB floats, but they''ve been ''off limits'' for a while now. ''m going to pick up the stuff for it today! HEEEEEEE.

Jeff, hopefully not losing the $$. My surrogate sis and I are headed there for the $70K giveaway, and we''re both CONVINCED we''re gonna hit it! LMAO.

Lorelei, I need you to come be my personal trainer, girl! You are an inspiration.

Kimberly, thanks.....and don''t sweat it on the measley lb. This time of year is tough with vacations and parties, but I''m sure you''ll get plenty of activity to work it off.

Dee, HOLY COW? They want a showing on a major holiday!? Yikes. YAY for continued progress! You''re doing amazing!

Rod, I wish you HAD come to our place for dinner! Everything came out SO yummy......! I did a grilled shrimp recipe that was simply DIVINE! Your crabcakes sounded wonderful too! Oh, and Woo-HOO on the Urban Body clothes booster - doncha love it when that happens? I am back into the jeans I wore when I first met Rich (just before my genetic insulin-resistance thing kicked in) and it''s SOOOOOOOO nice! Your trip to the Ritz sounds fun!

Charger, congrats on the impending anniversary! Can''t believe it''s already been a year! France sounds DELISH.

Princesss, welcome! You''re gonna find a lot of support/motivation here.

Mon, your menu sounded scrumptious too. My dog was a bit hyper about all the noise, too. Fireworks for our town were on the 3rd, but it seemed as though there were more "booms" during the day on the 4th, and he was in his ''growl, pace, protect'' mode! lol

Skip, what a nice impromptu surprise on the night away from home. Sorry to hear the knee is being problematic. Do be careful not to overdo it. Knees can be a funny thing, and if you aggravate the injury, it can take F O R E V E R to heal.

Mrs. S - sounds like a lovely day with the family. My friend is just getting to that ''freedom'' stage with hers, too - her youngest is 4. Hope your visit with the inlaws is enjoyable.

NYC - awesome on the reunion. Nicely done on navigating the healthier foods choices.

Danielle - FIVE INCHES!? CONGRATULATIONS! That''s *awesome*.

Oh, so yesterday went smashingly! The sides were to-die-for, and the grilled shrimp was a H U G E hit. I''ll post the recipe in the recipe thread.

Today, I''m on the hunt for a few things, so I''ll be heading off to shop in a bit. Tonight, I''ll be emptying out the current bedroom furniture since our new set is being delivered tomorrow (this was what we decided on for our anniversary gift to each other). Rich has been extremely patient in waiting to replace it until we got other things done, so when I suggested it a few weeks ago, he was SO happy!

Tomorrow, once the furniture is done, I''m going to relax at home with a friend who''s also on vacation - we''re gonna hit the patio and sip iced tea, and hopefully get a nice long sunny walk in!

Enjoy the day, all!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
kimberly and marcy, i want to trade scales with you as mine seems to refuse to go down! (although it is also refusing to go up which is not so bad i guess!)

i celebrated the 4th yesterday by hitting up a big BBQ at a friend''s house. had a few chips and salsa to start, followed by a veggie burger and a little pasta salad. dessert was a few bites of cheesecake and flourless chocolate cake. they also made a fruit salsa with strawberries, apple, and kiwi served with cinnamon tortilla chips that was quite good. after dinner we set off some fireworks - fun!

i talked to a guy at the BBQ who is a personal trainer and just started to get into bodybuilding, and he said he needs to eat 5000 calories a day right now! i just about fell out of my chair - that just sounds gross to me, to be honest!

i rode my bike for 45 minutes yesterday before the BBQ and also walked my friend''s dog. today i''m walking the dog again, will probably do about 2 miles, and then will either do the elliptical at the gym or bike at home for 45 minutes.

have a good one!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys for the nice comments.
35.gif
I iced my knee all day and it is starting to feel better. I think I will do that for about a week like your suggestion. Thanks so much; I never hurt my knee like this so I was feeling clueless
33.gif

Danielle, I am so happy your knee is feeling better!!! I am going to follow your advice; I don't want to mess it up worse.
14.gif

Alj who hooo for Vacation until the 16th!!! Yummo crab legs, jealous here
11.gif
2.gif

Have fun shopping!!!
9.gif
Alj thanks for the shrimp recipe; I accidentally bought a bag of shrimp because I thought we didn't have any so now we have 3 bags! I am going to try your recipe for sure.
Marcy, nice walk!

Mara, yummy to the RB float! Yah to ab def!

Monarch, yah for tough housecleaning w/pep! Nice walk!

Congrats Phoenix!

Lorelei, yah for an hour on the treadmill!

Kimberly, yummy panini and great workout! Glad the scale is going in the correct direction!

Dee, Yah on the weight loss!

Cello, yah for 1.5 lbs!

Welcome Princess
35.gif

MrsSalvo, yah to the magical stairs

Rod, I will listen to your knee advice; thank you. Whooo hooo for the Ritz, I hope Fri gets here fast for ya!
2.gif

I am doing weights for the arms and sit ups today.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ok, after yesterday''s heavy, gross lunch and exhaustingly long day I didn''t end up getting out to exercise. I effectively swapped lunch and dinner and just ate a sandwich at dinner so I didn''t feel like I''d had a horrible day. I just had a horrible lunch.

Today I''m going to do 20 minutes on the elliptical (30 if I can motivate myself to stay on, but it''s hard when you just stare at a blank wall!) and maybe 10 minutes of water dancing. I have one of those AquaJogger belts, but jogging is boring. Putting on really upbeat music and doing ridiculous dance moves in the deep end of the pool, however, is very entertaining.

I see my boyfriend in a week after 2 months apart, and I''m starting to go from just regular excited to SUPER excited. Plus people here (who see me everyday) have started commenting on the fact that I''ve lost weight. Jeans I bought earlier this summer that were tight are now comfortably loose without being baggy after being worn for an hour after they''ve been in the dryer. Tonight I try on the jeans that were that loose at the start of the summer to see if I can get rid of them. That would feel good. Pants that were way too tight are now work appropriate (I can''t stand when people wear really tight pants that cling to everything to the office).

Life is good.
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew--glad that's over! I had the freckle removed from my leg this morning and I was a little shaky when it was all over. No pain whatsoever but I did feel a little pushing and pulling, especially when it came to the stiches. I was almost OK with the whole thing though until I stood up and looked over and there were pieces of gauze with A LOT of my blood littered around the garbage can. (Sorry if TMI!) That was the point that I got a little queasy...

I'm supposed to keep my leg as immoble as possible for 72 hours (no walking at all, no stairs--ha! I live in a four story townhouse! you should see me going up and down using the "old lady" method--absolutely NOTHING). And then all I can do in terms of working out for THREE ENTIRE WEEKS is walking, and no on an incline either. You've got to be kidding me--I'll die! Doctor's order are doctor's orders but this is grim...

Anyway, enough of that. The scale gave me another pound this morning for a new low of 22.5 but I'm sure my body just hasn't registered that ginormous steak I had for dinner last night. I don't know what it was about it but it was just DELICIOUS and I kept on eating!

Skippy, definitely get your knee checked out. Knees are things we need to use for a long time and you want to make sure you don't do any big time damage.

Shortblonde, 5000 cals a day?? I wouldn't even know WHAT to eat to have that sort of intake. And you're right, it does sound gross.

Al, not only did I show the property yesterday, we negotiated out the entire deal! When a client is hot to trot, checkbook in hand, you just gotta find a way to make it happen.

Rod, LOL on the "is it Friday yet." I have to go back to work tomorrow and it will feel like Monday and Friday all at the same time for me.

Kimberly, you're a better man than I am to weigh yourself with wet hair. If I got off the scale and saw that there was an extra piece of lint stuck in my belly button I would take it out and get back on *just in case* it made any difference.

Danielle, good for you on the 5 lbs and the inches! And don't worry, I'm sure you'll be right where you want to be by your wedding.

NYC, gotta love the food guilt! My grandmother is the same way; if you don't eat this enormous hunk of lasagna that I just make *especially for you* it must mean you don't love me...

Marcy, I forgot that you were in Wyoming. My mom lives in Idaho and I am always amazed and how the temperature can swing from hot to cool at the drop of a hat.

Mara, the root beer floors sound marvelous but I need mine with *chocolate* ice cream! (Can you say "Dee has a chocolate fixation"??

Mrs. S., being at the pool with your little fishes sounds like so much fun! You'll have to post some pics of the munchkins in their cute little swimsuits!

Monnie, sorry to hear your pups are like ours with the fireworks. And I'm right there with you about the stray fireworks and the debris.

Charger, your trip to France sounds great! Where do you plan on visiting?

Welcome Princesss! I know what you mean about the mental block at a certain number BTW, although mine was the opposite. When I joined the thread I was 159.5. That morning was the first time I had been that close to 160 and I freaked out. Instant motivation. As of this morning I'm 137, and I couldn't have done it without the support and great suggestions of the people on this thread!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ...oh the breyers Free comes in chocolate too woman. 90 cals. no lint removal required. yay for freckle removal.
skippy, sorry to hear your knee is still bothering you. definitely take it easy, elevate it and ice it if it is swollen. can you do some pilates or ab work instead of being on your knee for a while?

happy thursday everyone. it does feel like monday but kind of like a 'sinful' monday as there was no traffic this morning at all so i flew into work. and i have meetings today but like 1/2 the office is empty. and 2 more days til the wkd. so i would take a 'monday' like this any week!! it's funny because everyone around me has been complaining about how 4th was on a wed this week and how it totally is not cool that way and it's like a tease etc..but for me a wed 4th doesn't faze me at all. i am like day off in the middle of the week filled with fun food friends family? works for me! and then it's like a 2 day workweek after. while i of course would love like 3 straight days off or something, i kind of like having things break up a work week actually.

anyhow, this morning i was really tired getting up. it's TTOTM and i skipped one 2 months ago and last month's was so light it wasn't even really worth TTOTM terminology, but i guess my body is making up for it this month
39.gif
...i feel not super great. but oh well, at least i know FOR SURE now i'm not with child, lol. to my preggo neighbor's everlasting sadness...she kept hoping that a new playmate for her soon-to-be son was on it's way hehehe.

funny but even though i am bloated thanks to previously mentioned girl-issues...i can definitely see changes in my midsection, THANK GOD. i swear just when i feel like nothing is going to work, my body somehow determines my mental state and decides to give me an 'inch' so that i don't tear my hair out which would hurt the body as well hehee. but yeah i am getting more definition in the ab area, still moreso in the morning than throughout the day as i tend to bloat out as i eat...but i am happy with some changes. and i am still lean but really starting to see more muscle definition in the shoulder area and my upper thighs, halleluah! so i am going to keep up with what i have been doing the last 4-5 days which is higher protein and a few extra cals...i know yesterday i didn't make the 100+g of protein but that's okay, i figure i don't need to be doing that EVERY day, just maybe 3-4 days a week and then eat the rest of the time normally which is good because sometimes when i focus on the protein it's hard for me to focus on fiber as well. not all high protein foods are high fiber as well, so on the days i don't do so much protein i can def try to get my fiber intake in.

so anyhow, this morning i had 1/2c scrambled egg whites with salt and pepper, and 2/3c kashi go lean with canteloupe and almond milk for about 200 cals and 18g protein. snack will be a south beach bar for 210 cals and 19g protein. lunch is italian wedding soup for 230 cals and 14g protein and maybe something else...i brought a container of the leftover fruit salad to work as well. i know it doesn't have high protein but it's so tasty & fresh, and the fruit has fiber at least. i might mix it with fage for a snack later today. greg has a rehearsal for another concert tonite so i'm kind of on my own so not sure what i will have, will have to forage and see what i can come up with or what i can make.

i also wanted to go hike the trail today but it's supposed to be 97 again (or 100 in some areas around here) and with my flagging energy thanks to girl-issues, who knows what i will feel like come 5:30pm. i might go to the gym instead so i can do a controlled-air-environment workout .... but i am just SO not into the gym lately AT ALL. i would much rather be outside working out. so when i go to the gym i just kind of slug around and i really don't have the right energy to be there. so i don't know if it's even worth it. maybe i should just go for a 2-3m walk later tonite. anyway will have to figure it out, i took yesterday 'off' with just doing a 1m walk with G&P so i really do want to do something active today, the problem is WHAT.

hope everyone is enjoying their day...!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy 5th of July all!

Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. Mine was lovely. Escaped the heat of the valley and headed down to the beach for a BBQ and fireworks. It''s INSANE how drastically the temp dropped. I think it was around 100 at my home, and it was a cool 75 when we got out of the car in Redondo- whew! I tried to stick to good food choices, like veggies and pita chips/hummus. But I kinda overdid it on the wine and I have a slight headache this a.m. Plus, my arms feel like they''re gonna fall off. I was carrying a 14lb baby for most of the afternoon. My friends had twins late last year, and it was sooo nice to see them out and about. Everyone made a fuss over the girls. I cannot believe how quickly they''ve grown- they''re getting heavy!

Bfast this morning was my usual oatmeal, but threw some strawberries in it instead of applesauce. Snack will be some fage (w/ more strawberries). I need to head over to the market near the office and hit their salad bar. I brought a grilled chicken breast and need to pair it up with something. So I''m doing good on the food intake. I''m bummed that I''m slacking on the activity. What else is new??

CONGRATS to the lower weigh-in WWTers!

Dee- Immoble leg for 72 hours? How are you every going to pull that off? You''re always on the go-go-go! BTW, in France, we plan to visit Paris and the Burgundy wine region (Dijon-Lyon). ooh la la!

Skippy- take care of that knee, girl!

Princess- Welcome to WWT! I too am around the 160''s (weighed in at 163 at the Dr.''s last week) and am a solid size 12. I hope to get down to around 140lbs, which is realistic for me. I lost close to 30lbs about 4 years ago, but have put almost all of it back on. My eating is good about 75% of the time, but the exercise is the part that''s super tough for me. I admit that I''m a lazy girl. I''d rather go for a walk/hike/bike ride than slave away at the gym. Anyway, just know that I too have issues with motivation. I try to post here as much as possible and have gotten some great takeaways. The folks here are truly inspirational. I dunno what it''ll take for me to get serious about working out. I need to stop making excuses and get my butt moving.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Chargergrrl, I know exactly what you mean! It''s so hard for me to get motivated. Somehow when the gym was an hour away, I went every day. Now that it''s in my backyard I almost never go! I''m a serious procrastinator, so I know that''s part of it.

But I''ve finally got a plan for the next year or so. A good friend of mine is the daughter of a personal trainer and wants to become a chef. Soooo we''re now gym and recipe buddies. Just to get to where I live she''ll have to walk over halfway to the gym, so she won''t put up with my "Nah, I don''t feel like it today" whinefests. (My BF, the poor, sweet boy, tried to be my gym buddy for a while. It was hard for him to be tough when I said "Nah....let''s snuggle instead!")

However, I still have 2 months before that becomes a reality. And only a week left with my gym in the backyard, so I really need to make use of it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so I might have been a little hasty in telling them I didn''t want any pain meds. They offered me Vicadin, which is useless to me because of the way I metabolize the active ingredients, so they offered me other choices but I said I would just rely on some extra strength Tylenol and a glass of wine. Well, that might have been a bad idea. I just woke up from a nap and this sucker is throbbing! Oh well, I''ll just keep PSing to keep my mind off it.

Mara, LOL on the no lint removal necessary with the Free, and I''m glad it comes in chocolate too. How do you stop at 1/2 cup though? Ice cream is SOOOO tempting to me.

Charger, I''m going a little nuts already with this immobility and it''s only been about 5 hours... The HH and I are considering a trip to Paris next spring (I''ve been there once, about 13 years ago; he''s never been). I don''t care if they are stotty to Americans I just love those fries!!

Princess, good for you for finding a gym buddy! I have tried to get a couple of my friends to go with me (we would use the gym right in my complex and it would be FREE for them even) but with no success. Too bad you don''t live here, I would go with you!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am having motivational issues this afternoon. I just so don''t want to be at work at the moment. At least I only have about 2 hours before it''s gym time!!

Chargergrrl.......you surely don''t need to work out at the gym to maintain or lose weight. Walking, biking and hiking are all fantastic ways to keep your weight in check, increase your metabolism etc. I use the gym because I am serious about building me some muscle as well as keeping my body leaner and healthier. And, making myself go to the gym immediately from work (no stopping at home or anything) is the way that I''ve been able to maintain 5 workouts a week. So, get out there and walk, or hike as much as you can. If you''ve been following Mara''s posts, she''s fining that hiking these days is preferable to the gym and hiking is an excellent whole body exercise too!

Skippy, this is the wrong thread, but I don''t feel like joining the Alli thread. Please don''t get on that stuff. You''re doing great all by yourself by exercising and eating healthier. I can surely see someone who is obese and who has no other option (save gastric bypass) but to use these types of drugs, I feel so strongly (as my personal experience has shown me) that if someone truly wants to lose weight and be healthier, it can be done, without drugs. It just takes hard work and completely changing one''s eating habits. And I know it''s not easy. I always believed I didn''t eat that much and that I was destined to be a big boy (my parents and brother are big too), but the reality is we can make positive changes and if we''re willing to really work hard, we can lose the weight and be in better shape too. My apologies to anyone who has some medical condition, such as diabetes and there just isn''t any alternative, this is not meant for you. Sorry for preaching..........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I can't take it anyway because we are trying for kids. I won't take it; it sounds like others won't take it too, but I was tempted at the store.
That is why I went back to Weight Watchers.
9.gif

Thanks everyone, I think my knee will be better by this weekend!!! I have been icing it and I am not in as much pain as yesterday; yah!!

Today, I met a friend for lunch at Red Robin and was wondering what to order. I think RR is the worst. I got a garden burger, no bun and salad.
This morning I had fage and a fiber one bar. I bought all the ingredients to make Mara's bran muffins. I just have to wait for the banana's to turn brown.
2.gif
3.gif

DeeJay, have hubby carry you up the stairs like a princess
2.gif
hehehe I hope the throbbing stops. Don't do much; hang out and take care of yourself.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay........I''m glad the procedure went smoothly. Sorry you got a little woozy there. I can only imagine how difficult it''s going to be not walking and not exercising for at least a week. If I ever hear from my doctor about my biopsy (still waiting to hear from them), I won''t be able to work out for at least a week and that will drive me nuts. Anyway, glad you did OK and I hope You''re not in any pain.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I just cut my hair, so water isn't too terrible when weighing in! It was about 3" longer and I wouldn't have weighed myself with it wet if I hadn't gotten it cut. Take care of yourself! Can you call the MD and ask him/her to call in a prescription to the pharmacy for you?

I had a nice long lunch with my soon to be ex-coworker, so sad to see her go. We split fries and each had a salad. I'm not even going to sweat the fries, such is life!

I'm making green chile/chicken casserole for dinner, probably later than usual as I'm full from a late lunch and John is stuck at a tenant's house, the AC went out OH NO!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great holiday! I'm doing well I think (scale boycott), I've been working out almost daily and eating pretty well.

Well, eating well aside from my 4th of July dinner which somehow consisted of cheetos. At least they were baked. I now KNOW why I don't buy them for myself, because when I go out I eat half the freaking bag. Somehow even with that indiscretion my calorie count for yesterday was still reasonable.

Anyway, just wanted to do a quick check in. I think I am taking my best friend to Chicago tomorrow. She's been visiting for a few weeks and is leaving on Monday and we just haven't gone yet. She wants deep dish pizza, so I will have to do my best to keep the rest of the day very light. At least we'll walk around a lot. Unfortunately she doesn't like jewelry, so I won't be hitting the Mich. Ave stores. Darn!

Have a great night all!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
double dose of gym workout today after double doses of hot dogs and hamburgers yesterday
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results