shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd July till 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:37:43 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
hey dee--real classy guys you date...lol
26.gif
i''ve dated a few fart phenoms myself--lol.
That just made me double over with laughter...

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - I forgot before!

Stephanie - did you always run 5 days a week? I find it hard for me to do even 2 days in a row of running. I do anywhere between 2 & 5 miles - mostly 3 miles at a time though. I figure I would build up this endurance over time, but I need to rest my legs in between right now!

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, et all. I''m feeling better walked for over an hour (have no idea how far... but read 1/3 of my book). More clear headed. I was getting seriously snarky there for a while. : )

I''m thinking of doing a ''before'' photo session (finally borrowed the parent''s digital camera) to motivate me. Keep the pic in my wallet or at work somewhere to keep me on track. And post it on here. Then I''ll hopefully have a nice ''after'' pic.

I have to attend a wedding NYE so... I''m hoping to have lost a dress size by then. If I get down to a solid 12 I''ll be happy. I need to lose 15 pounds for that. I have a nice black cocktail gown to wear to the rehersal dinner at that weight. Still would need a nice dress for the wedding though.

25 pounds would put me into 12/10 territory. And I could just re-wear a nice velvet gown I have, AND a great burgundy cocktail dress I have.

And put the $$ saved from buying a dress toward the spa.

LOL.

We''re going up to SF tonight, and we''re taking bart-- PLUS taking an earlier stop so that we can walk up and down the hills for a work out before we get to where we are going.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, why does the doc want you to lose 25lbs fast?? Just curious. Glad you got a walk in.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Afternoon, All!

Danielle, my hair is brown, dark brown in the winter, and it lightens up with streaks of gold and red in the summer (but now with too much grey mixed in for my taste!). I''ll let you know how it turns out, my appt. is in about 45 minutes.

Rod, Chicago is not home, we came close but decided to stay here instead. I''m really thrilled with the decision and looking forward to moving, J hired someone to start work on our yard, he''s going to fix the sprinklers this weekend and then we''ll have sod put in and some colorful flowers and shrubs. Then we''ll be ready to roll. SD is your kind of place, Rod. Especially now with all of the new buildings coming in downtown. Lots of lofts and condos in amazing areas (that are underselling, which is great for buyers!) within walking distance to everything. Lots of parks, Starbucks and Paneras too! You''d have to find a new tree though. But if you moved here you and Charlie would have instand friends in John and I.

Skip, I love SD too. It''s so unfortunate that our gov''t is so poorly run as it is an amazing city and if they could just pull it together we truly would be live up to our monikor, "America''s Finest City." Now it''s an embarassment.

Our RE agent and her husband invited us out to dinner tonight, we''re going to a little wine bar that just opened. They have lots of paninis and such, it should be fun.

I need to get going!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
For all of the runners out there--does anyone have the Nike+? http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/

A friend of mine just bought one and loves it, you calibrate it and then while you''re running it measures your progress, very cool. I told myself I would buy one if I successfully stay on this Body for Life program for two solid weeks. Two days down, so far so good--the workouts are incredible. I was a personal trainer for years and I never pushed myself as hard as these Body for Life workouts have been pushing me.

Shortblonde--Congrats on the bike ride! I love riding, it feels so good. I need to buy a new bike rack for my new car so I can get out on the trails again.

Kimberly--Yay! on the sale! I''m sure your hair will look great, and you''ll feel good, too!

Danielle--I hope you heal soon. Please don''t overdo anything before your race, I''m sure you know how particularly susceptible a weakened or imbalanced muscle is to injury. Good luck! And you''re absolutely right--after doing two of the six weekly workouts, I totally believe that people who follow this program can transform themselves, it''s incredible.

Lorelei--Congrats on the five workouts last week!

Gypsy--Good luck fighting the craving. Do you have a go-to food when you feel like that? I always drink a glass of skim milk when I''m craving something bad and it fills me up right away. Weird, I know, but I LOVE skim milk. Those Luna bars that Mara recommended are great, I eat one for breakfast every morning. And regarding your "before" photo session--I wasn''t kidding when I said taking pictures of myself in a bikini was the best motivator in the world! I have the pictures up on my fridge and in my wallet, and that makes it really easy to get motivated to eat right and go to the gym! Good luck!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My sister''s healthy baby boy (7lb. 1oz.) was born this afternoon. He''s a darling. His big sister was great, said, "He likes me!" and was concerned when the "doctor" (nurse) was looking at him. She did have a breakdown when she had to leave with her grandparents and aunt and leave Mommy and Daddy with the baby, but then, I think I would too.

My dad and I went for a run/walk today. My dad jogs but has tendon difficulty in one foot and jogs very slowly these days. I was walking not all that quickly and was able to keep up. We went out for about an hour and had a nice talk, so although I would have gone faster on my own, it was nice to fit that into a busy day.

I missed going to the cafeteria for dinner so my brother-in-law could accompany my niece, so I had to eat my sister''s hospital beef stroganoff for dinner, but at least it came with a lot of veggies.

Good day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, I knew Chicago wasn''t where you were from, but was a place you seriously considered moving to. I think ultimately, you and John will likely be happy with your decision to remain in SD. And you''re right, if we ever moved there, we''d have instant friends and that would be a terrific thing indeed. Since you''re selfishly not letting John come to Tampa, where he''d have his own room, a king size sleep number bed, his own private bath and a host of other terrific ammenities including a terrific kitchen to cook in, it might be the only way we''ll ever have the opportunity to enjoy his culinary skills............LOL I''m pretty sure we''d absolutely love SD, and maybe it will be the next place we visit!! (threat threat!!). ps: I''m not sure any city government is run too well. We surely have our oddities here with our mayor, tax assessor, city council, etc.........

Hey Phoenix. Congratulations on becoming an aunt and the fast walk/jog with your dad sounded really nice.

Danielle, I''m with you on running consecutive days. Of course I''m the older geezer on these parts, but 5 days in a row would absolutely kill my knees. I''m looking forward to cooler weather and running outdoors again.

So, Charlie left work around 4:15 and headed to the gym, while I left around 5:00, but it was sure nice to be working out and finished at a more reasonable time. And as I imagined, I just couldn''t do a condensed workout. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was doing a full and complete workout, with the full intense 35 minutes on the elliptical. And we''ll be there again tomorrow afternoon, but we work out 3 days in a row anyway, I just won''t have as much time between tonight''s workout and tomorrow''s, but that''s ok.

I came home and made our protein shakes right away anf for dinner, I had homemade chicken and rice soup, two pieces of sourdough toast and my 3 squares of dark chocolate. I''ll have my fuji apple shortly. We''re looking forward to a nice and relaxing day tomorrow (except when we''re at the gym of course). And of course we''re excited about celebrating our anniversary at the Ritz this weekend. Tomorrow night, we''ll be able to watch fireworks over Tampa Bay, right from our own terrace. We were in the condo last year for the 4th, but we were the only ones in the entire tower and we got to go up to the penthouse levels, but this year, we''ll be happy watching from our own terrace on the 5th floor none-the-less.

I hope everyone''s planning a safe, healthy and fitness infused 4th of July!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from 764 cals on the elliptical (65 minutes). I had another afternoon with a problem child client and I was really considering not going to the gym but somehow I ended up there.

After the gym it was so late (it''s already after 9) that I didn''t want anything heavy so I had a bologna sandwich and potato chips, 205 cals for the whole thing. I really what a chocolate pudding cup but I know I don''t *need* it, especially since I''m about to go to bed, so we''ll see if I make it upstairs without stopping in the kitchen, LOL.

In Chicago we do the fireworks on the night of the 3rd and The Demon is going crazy right now with the noise and the flashes. Better go calm the crazy beast...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all!! Sounds like everyone is keeping right on track for the week. Hubby and I walked the dog and kids for an hour and a 1/2 today. Mid-way we got a call that a family wanted to come through our house for a second time so we spent 3 hours cleaning our house top to bottom, scrubbing everything that could be scrubbed. Hubby said we must of burned some serious calories b/t the walk and the cleaning so we decided to treat the kids and ourselves to some icecream. we still stayed just under calories for the day which is great too!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, fun and safe 4th...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
One key component to my transformation has been The Firm. It combines a variety of DVDs and workouts with simple weights and high step. I wouldn''t say I enjoy every minute of my workouts but I can do them in my basement and I haven''t quit yet.

That said, I just saw that they have unveiled their 5th Body System, the "Total Body TransFIRMation." I have all of their first four systems except the ill-fated system 3, the 3-in-1 Firm Box which lacked a catchy name and was just, from what I could tell, an unstable version of their next Body System.

So anyway, I was like, "Oooh, a new system, maybe I should get it!" Then I looked it up, and it''s just "cardio weights" and new videos. Basically, the whole reason I''m supposed to shell out money this time is that instead of having several sets of weights, I can adjust one set of weights into two!
20.gif
Where is the tall step that is what they''re all about? I can buy hand weights and dance around doing cardio in any old routine. Yeesh.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 10:04:08 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 7/2/2007 5:32:50 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 7/2/2007 3:07:58 PM

Author: Dee*Jay

You should have seen me this morning in the shower standing with one foot up like a flamingo.
20.gif
I

OMG, Dee, I nearly died when I read this. All I could visualize was you doing the Karate Kid ''crane'' thing.....LOL.

Al, I once dated a guy who would strike the ''crane'' pose when he felt a particularly great fart coming on.
BAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Ok, you owe me a new monitor. Mine has Sprite Zero all over it now! LMAO

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Catching up....

Thanks, Skip - can''t believe it''s been 3 years already!
Kimberly - GREAT news on the condo! Wow - you must be psyched!

Danielle - sorry to hear you''re not up to par.

Rod - YAY for having the AC back! Whew
Lorelei - gosh, you are so motivating!
PG - congrats on the new nephew! How exciting!
Mrs S - good luck on the showing!

I''ve just finished chopping all manner of veggies for tomorrow''s cookout - we''re hosting a small cookout for my surrogate sister Tina, her hubby and her parents. Menu is steamed king crab legs, half-portions of rib-eye, grilled lemon shrimp, corn/tomato/mozz salad, FG''s awesome ribbon asparagus salad, and a cannellini/red onion/salami salad.

I''m officially on VACATION now until 7/16, so I''m a very happy camper. We have new bedroom furniture being delivered Friday, then Tina and I are going to Foxwoods this weekend for their 7/7/7 giveaway. Week promises to be a good one!

Enjoy the 4th, all. ....looking forward to hearing reports back on all the good food!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Everyone looks like they are doing great and eating well. I had my usual dry cereal for BF, with some tomato juice; for lunch I took a left over burger and SL bun, raw veggies and baked lays, for supper we went out so I had salad, ½ of a small sirloin and baked potato with a little butter. My husband ordered a choc oreo cake for dessert and I had a few bites of it. I worked on my flowers when I got home and walked around the block to go get my mail so I didn’t really do any stretches tonight.
Mara, you were really motivated to make your 5 mi hike in the heat. You deserve your choc oreo treat!
Haven, good luck with your new diet / fitness plan. It sounds like a great plan. I like your bathing suit photo idea. That’s a great motivator!
Kimberly, I haven’t touched my hair since I sprayed it green for St. Patty’s day. Since my hair is strawberry blonde I was GREEN for weeks. I hope your hair comes out much better. That’s great your mortgage payment will be less.
Dee, yeah for ½ a pound and I hope you find some bargains shopping. LOL at your boyfriend story.
SkippyGirl, sorry your knee is not better today. Hopefully it will get better soon. I know protein seems to stay with me longer than most food. Since I’ve been eating so little if I miss protein for more than 2 meals I start to feel kind of funny.
Danielle, sorry your muscles are still sore. I hope they get better too.
Rod and Mara, I’m staying closer to home for my workout in the morning; I thought I’d get my housework done so I can have more free time this weekend. Have fun on your early exercises.
Shortblonde, I always seem to loose weight when I’m starving so I hope that is the case for you. You had quite a workout this week.
Gypsy, I am glad your walk worked for you. I highly recommend the before and after photos. I didn’t start taking my photos until I’d lost over 60 pounds and I really wish now I had. Before photos of me are few and far between. It’s fun to see the difference.
PhoenixGirl, congratulations on your brand new nephew!
MrsSalvo, cleaning the house at the last minute is a great workout; it is just not my idea of fun.
Al, have a great vacation. I’m off until next Monday and looking forward to it.
Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!
36.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, congrats on your new nephew!!!
36.gif
So exciting, and a pretty easy b-day to remember, lol!

DeeJay, you owe me a new screen as well, but mine''s just covered with spit as I didn''t have a drink in my mouth when I read your post about the karate kid crane move and one of your ex''s flexing in anticipation of a really great fart. I think my dogs got a kick out of my reaction too.
9.gif
Hope your blister is better!!!

Uhhhh, can''t remember who else, lack of short term memory.

Today I cleaned house like a madwoman. Could''ve been due to the fact that I haven''t had coffee for oh...two months, and decided to make a whole pot this morning and drank two cups in a row. ZING!!!!! I''ve never had a more productive 6 hours, I swear. I didn''t even stop for breakfast or lunch, and I know that''s horrible but I was on a tear. I don''t think there''s a bit of dust or debris left in the house now...I''ve obliterated every ounce of dirt for the time being. I finally took a break when DH came home from work around 3...and made myself sit down with a big salad and some fruit. Dinner was grilled portabello mushrooms, a pasta salad he picked up at the deli, and a tomato/cucumber/black olive/basil salad I threw together this evening. Very fresh and very good. Dessert was a margarita, we watched a local fireworks show from our deck and then it started raining so we had to retreat inside and I''ve been PS''ing ever since.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th! Happy Anniversary Rod and Charlie!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my god.

i have to check in and let all the WWT''ers know RIGHT AWAY about this fabulous new concoction i made tonite. it''s called a ROOT BEER FLOAT. but wait! it''s a healthy one! or well a low-cal nonfat one. and it tastes like something you could get at the ice cream shop, I SWEAR!!!! so i got the Breyers Free vanilla ice cream..it''s fairly new, it''s a fat free ice cream and is 90 cals for 1/2c (and has like 3g protein, woo hoo). i wanted to try it for the peach cobbler topper but was kind of like okay fat free ice cream? what is this stuff going to taste like. and then i got some diet stewart''s root beer because i thought well if i get desperate for a dessert i can make a root beer float which i adore. i thought it might be sketchy but figured i was game. WELL imagine my surprise when i mix the two and find that i honestly could say that i really couldn''t tell the difference that this was a ''diet'' float! seriously. i am not the most picky person when it comes to sweets but typically i can tell fake sweetener or a diet soda taste, i don''t drink diet soda for that exact reason. i''d rather have water than diet soda. so anyway, everyone must rush out immediately and buy the Breyers Free and some Stewarts diet RB and tell me what you think. i am SO jazzed right now because i flat out LOVE root beer floats, they are like one of those total childhood memory things and now i can have them whenever and for 90 cals! does it get better than this? don''t answer that, i don''t know if i could take it if someone told me they had 10 cal reese''s peanut butter cups. hehe.

so anyway before the floatgasm...my day today...left work early and hit the flat trail with portia for a 3m walk, gosh it was so warm out we were both about dead as we got back to the car. came home and did a 5pm call (at least just had to listen rather than lead so i could drool on my keyboard unbothered)...then showered and headed out to the market where it took me the better part of an hour to get all my stuff for tomorrow but at least i am all set. came home, went over to meet the neighbors and we went to dinner at this restaurant where it''s kind of like a sandwich/soup/salad cafe but it''s not a cafe, it''s a restaaurant with indoor/outdoor seating and very tasty food that is almost gourmet but with self-service kind of prices. they have this amazing salad that has all this citrus on it, grapefruit, orange, and mango, avocado, blue cheese, pistachios and lots of chopped lettuce. vinaigrette dressing. i added grilled chicken to it for protein and ate the entire thing. we also split mozz pesto crostinis as an appetizer. i did turn down a massive dessert called the mile high chocolate...it wasn''t in front of me since that would have been the kiss of death but my neighbor girlfriend wanted to get it and i said no way!

anyhow...so tomorrow morning is food prep/creation time and then i''ll hit the gym. greg is playing this cool outdoor 4th of july concert he does some years and a bunch of friends and my parents are coming to watch it...so i''ll take P over and stake out a hopefully shady spot early. then our friends will head back here with us to BBQ and watch fireworks later. happy early 4th all, hope you are all looking fwd to a great day off.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Happy 4th of July everyone
35.gif

Hot dogs, hamburgers and fireworks for everyone
36.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/4/2007 12:51:30 AM
Author: aljdewey

Catching up....

Thanks, Skip - can''t believe it''s been 3 years already!
Kimberly - GREAT news on the condo! Wow - you must be psyched!

Danielle - sorry to hear you''re not up to par.

Rod - YAY for having the AC back! Whew
Lorelei - gosh, you are so motivating!
PG - congrats on the new nephew! How exciting!
Mrs S - good luck on the showing!

I''ve just finished chopping all manner of veggies for tomorrow''s cookout - we''re hosting a small cookout for my surrogate sister Tina, her hubby and her parents. Menu is steamed king crab legs, half-portions of rib-eye, grilled lemon shrimp, corn/tomato/mozz salad, FG''s awesome ribbon asparagus salad, and a cannellini/red onion/salami salad.

I''m officially on VACATION now until 7/16, so I''m a very happy camper. We have new bedroom furniture being delivered Friday, then Tina and I are going to Foxwoods this weekend for their 7/7/7 giveaway. Week promises to be a good one!

Enjoy the 4th, all. ....looking forward to hearing reports back on all the good food!
FOXWOODS.........don''t lose too much $$$$$$
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the nephew Phoenix! Thanks Alj and enjoy your vacation!

HAPPY 4TH TO YOU ALL!!!!!! Have a great time, eat and enjoy the time spent with your loved ones, a day or 2 won't hurt if you feel like splurging! Damage control if needed can come afterwards!

Did an hour on the treadmill last night.

Good to see you here again Jeff
35.gif
Happy 4th to you!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I came this close to convincing myself it would be okay to skip weigh in this morning because we went for another unplanned dinner out, but if I play I must pay so here it goes:

Week 26
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 126.4
Bust: 31"
Waist: 26.5"
Lower Waist: 31.5"
Bicep: 12"
Hips: 35”
Thigh: 20.5"

So I gained 1/2" around my hips (I was waiting for that to happen!) and am up 1.2 lbs. It won't be a big deal to lose the silly lb. but it makes me uncomfortable.

We went to a local wine bar type place for dinner. They have paninis, pizza and such. I ordered a chicken panini with pesto and artichoke hearts and a small mixed greens salad w/ dressing on the side, which I used about a tablespoon of. It's hard to say "no" to an invite for food reasons ("Sorry but we already ate out twice last weekend, I would prefer not to go out to dinner with you!"). And the husband of the couple we ate dinner with insisted on ordering dessert, and when he asked how many and I said "one" he looked at me like I was nuts and said "I think we need two." His wife had already had a dessert at work that afternoon and she took two bites and was done and I picked to be polite but didn't eat much. The evening was really nice, they're a very sweet couple.

We're staying home today, working on the yard and doing schoolwork, so it's going to be pretty lowkey. I'm sure we'll BBQ, but nothing thrilling.

Rod, SD's gov't was a special sort of screwed up until a new mayor took over. Lots of backdoor deals for and in strip clubs and such, talk of having to file bankruptcy because money has been so poorly handled. I'm sure it happens everywhere but it was such an embarrassment for the city. Chicago is really well run, one of the reasons we considered moving there.

Al, enjoy your vacation! Thanks for the congrats, it's one less thing on our plate and it is exciting.

mrssalvo, hope the showing went well.

Flamingo D, I hope Oscar and Demon survived the fireworks.

Phoenix, congrats on the new nephew!

Have a great day all! Happy Independence Day to those of you who celebrate.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Fourth!!!

For my weigh in I'm down 21.5 lbs, which is 1 lb less than last week. I'm a bit bummed though because tomorrow I go it into have a couple of suspicious freckles removed and I know already that my working out will be impacted because of where the stitches will be. I will try to be SO good foodwise but...

I'm off to the gym this morning. Originally I was going to go this afternoon but now I have a showing at 1:30 (yes, a showing at 1:30 on the FOURTH OF DAMN JULY--do these people never rest??) so I figured I would get it done now. I did work out late last night though so there will only be about 13 hours between workouts--how short a time do you think is too short in between? Not that I plan on making a habit of this but there are some Fridays when I workout in the evening and then I go back on Saturday morning.

The HH is grilling NY strips for dinner with sauteed asaparagus and shallots and a rice and mushroom pilaf. YUM!

Al and Monnie, sorry about the monitors. If you think the farting crane description was funny you should see it in person, LOL.

Kimberly, The Demon was his usually frenzied self all night long but Oscar The Monster didn't seem to mind.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy 4th all. seems like a bunch of wwt''ers don''t really ''celebrate'' 4th of july? we take any opp to have friends over to BBQ so we always celebrate...hehee.

DJ sometimes i work out on friday evening then saturday morning again. i figure do what feels good and right to you. you will know when your muscles say too much. i am kind of there right now, aka i really want to go to the gym this AM and i have the hour to do it but i feel like i maybe should have a day of rest. my quads and thighs are pretty sore still from my hike on monday and i am going hiking again tomorrow. i''d rather save my energy i think. so i might just do a 2m walk around the neighborhoods, but inside i am like ''i should get to the gym'' even though i have worked out every day for the last ~4-5 days. anyway do what feels good (that does not include reese''s pb cups! hehe).

so i wanted to sleep in this morning but i woke up at 7am ...darn. i laid around til 7:45 then got up...figured i might as well get started on the day since i have food creation/prep this AM before the concert. so i made myself an egg white and cheese omelet (3/4c egg whites and a sprinkle of 2% jack) for 23g protein and 130 cals and 2 pieces of light wheat toast for 6g protein, 4g fiber, and 90 cals with butter spray and some TJ''s blueberry jam. woo hoo already almost 1/3 of my day of protein down and i''ve only been up for 30 minutes hehee. today might be harder to be on a strict regime with the protein since we are kind of all over the place so i figured i''d try to get in what i can early.

funny but somehow i expected eating all this protein to really make some sort of difference in how i feel. maybe it takes a few days to kick in or something but i feel pretty much the same. according to my vague estimates i would only be consuming like maybe 70g of protein a day before which is like the basic for women who don''t work out, so i have added about 40g into my diet...figured i''d feel something. like maybe my muscles leaping for joy. but nope nothing so far. i guess we''ll see.

also i can definitely start to see some a fair amount of definition in my ab area...which is awesome, but it''s really mostly only there in the morning...before i eat. come on abs work with me here!! oh and on the measurements thing, i tried like the dickens for 10 minutes this AM to find my tape measure but i have no idea where i put it. i looked everywhere i''d ever stashed it before. so no measurements for me today, but i would imagine they are not much diff if at all. smallest jeans are still a bit too tight and the other ones still fit me fine. i can see more leg muscles from the hiking starting to pop out so wouldn''t be surprised if my thighs are a little bigger but i look pretty good. i want to be careful though because i don''t want to get a bulky hikers body. sometimes we see people out there and their calves are like monstrous. totally not what i''m going for. i just want to be lean and sculpted hehee.

anyhow time to prep the food. don''t know if i mentioned this before but we are having a fruit salad, deviled eggs, homemade hamburgers with a slice of cotswold cheddar, hebrew national hot dogs, sara lee buns, corn and edamame salad, and alexa fries. for dessert i am thinking actually of nixing the cobbler and just doing root beer floats in light of my previous night''s success and also doing fruit topped ice cream for people who want something else. our friends aren''t huge desserties for the most part so i imagine they''d be fine with whatever.

have a great day/afternoon everyone and enjoy yourselves today!!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
oy, i''ve been so bad about keeping track here. sorry gang. :-/ but, at least I do have some good news: i didn''t slack at all since i posted last. so, even though i didn''t post, i feel a sense of satisfaction that i was the only person holding myself accountable for working out and eating right and i still did it :)

down another 1.5 this week. partially due to a lot of bloat going down, but i''ll take it!

last week ended well with me getting a new pair of jeans. all o fmy old ones were starting to look ridiculous. i''ve gone down 2 pants sizes. it''s kind of 2.5, which is nice. the highest size i wore was snug as heck and i really should''ve gone up another size but didn''t because of pride. haha. so, i''m down 2 sizes on the tag, but i know that it''s closer to 3 because the highest size was too small to begin with. such a confidence booster.

went to express because they were having a massive sale. got a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, 2 t-shirt, and a tank for about $80. really good. :)

yesterday i woke up early to go the gym and i had some company. dh was up too and wanted to go. :) this is coming from the man that would sleep until noon if he could. (and i am the eternal early bird. up at 6 this morning. on a holiday!). so, we went together. I did hills on the elliptical and high resistance. i''m sick of not having a butt and this seems to be helping :) after a ridiculously stressful day (the type where you conclude at the end that you should''ve just never gotten out of bed to begin with *sigh*), i came home to a clogged kitchen sink. haha. dh fixed it and i was so irritated with everything compounding that i took the weights and the stability ball out and went to town on my arms. a much better stress reliever than the ice cream (full fat for the first time in 6 months) that i have in my fridge. i got it knowing my parents are coming today, but i easily could''ve bowled it off to "relieve stress" instead of doing weights. So, pat on the back for me on that :)

is it ridiculously hot anywhere else folks or am i the only one melting?! i live by the beach in southern california and it''s in the 90''s. (and it''s one of the supposedly cooler beaches, always about 10 degrees lower than the others in the area). my poor mother and her breast cancer induced menopause and horrific hot flashes is coming here to escape the heat. she lives in the valley and the forecasted temp for her today is 108-110. it''s not even the desert (it''s 102 at 9 am already!). poor mom. anywho. . off i go. . . .

will check in more later. :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I just finished a terrific workout! I''m so excited to have felt so motivated. I think between school and work I''m feeling a bit anxious and it was a huge tension reliever. Now I have to get back to the grind (I have 5 projects due over the next week...agh!).

Cello, I''m melting too. We live about 20 miles from the coast in San Diego and it''s 93 degrees at 9:45...not looking forward to where the temps are headed today and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. But all my schoolwork is going to keep me inside so it really doesn''t matter.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, that''s a good point about listening to your body. I just did 65 mins on the elliptical for 755 cals and I felt fine. (A little out of it since it was morning, but that''s typical for me--I''m SO not a morning person, LOL.)

Cello, good for you on the 1.5 lbs and the new smaller jeans!

Kimberly, our weather is a little better than yours today (mid 80s, and I''m hoping the possible thunderstorms blown on over, which it looks like they''re doing). Congrats on the fab workout!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes to those slowly melting in various parts of CA, today here in the bayarea it''s supposed to be 97ish today...it''s already getting warm in the house, and we are going to be outside at this concert yikes!! i am taking water, fruit and also going really early to be able to get a spot under a tree hopefully. i was just joking with greg that everyone is going to have to come back to the house and shower afterwards!!

yay DJ for a good workout. i am contemplating a walk right now but i am in the middle of food prep and giving everyone directions hehee. i just made what has to be the worlds largest fruit salad with watermelon, blueberries, kiwi, peaches, canteloupe, strawberries and grapes. YUM.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 12:59:34 PM
Author: Skippy123
Charger girl, I saw your wedding photos and they were gorgeous!
Oh Skippy, you''re such a sweetie- THANKS!

Funny, a year ago I was designing our wedding invites. Fast forward to today, and we''re now planning our 1st Anniversary. We''re going to France for 10 days in late Sept/early Oct!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Another Californian is melting away here! Seriously, this heat wave is insane! Good thing I''m heading down to Redondo Beach in a few hours for a BBQ and fireworks. I need to escape the heat of the SF Valley!

Here''s to a safe and healthy Holiday. Enjoy!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So how does one join this thread?

I''ve been trying to motivate myself and am having so much trouble. Today I''m exhausted but ate a really heavy lunch. The kind that you still feel in your stomach hours later. I hate those. I''ve got about 15 lbs to go before I''m back to where I feel "normal" and 20 until I''m where I''m happy. Short term, I''m looking to get to/under 160 by next Friday (I''m hovering around 161/162, so I don''t think it''ll be too terribly hard) it just means getting my lazy butt out onto the elliptical. Diet-wise I''m not doing too badly...a bowl of Cheerios, Go Lean, or oatmeal in the morning, a sandwich, apple/orange/banana and diet soda at lunch (I''m a caffiene addict, I''m not giving it up, lol), and then fish/chicken and veggies at dinner (but then I''m living at home and my mom only cooks/stocks healthy food). I''m trying to get back into healthier habits so that when I go back to school I don''t fall back into my horrible eating habits.

Happy things: I''m almost at 160. It''s my mental block. Once I''m down to 159, I know I can do it. I''ve done it before. I''ll be fine. So I''m only a pound or two away from a very positive outlook, which makes me feel really positive already! Plus, for some reason, my teeth have become very sensitive to sweets in the past month or two. I went to the dentist and he didn''t see anything wrong with them (well, other than the cavities he filled), so I don''t know what''s going on. However, it means I''ve gone 2 months without sweets AND without wanting them. That''s big. My BF says my sweet tooth has turned against me, and honestly I''m okay with that.

So do you guys mind if I join you? I can post stats later, but I don''t have access to a scale and measuring tape right now. Plus, I kind of don''t want to have to weigh myself with this heavy stuff in my stomach...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4th of July! I wanted to light fireworks off this morning. The scale gods were good to me and granted me a weigh in of 1 pound lighter. I’ve lost 107 pounds now. Yippee!!!
I hope everyone is having a fun and healthy 4th of July. I was going to clean house then go grocery shopping this morning. But for BF I wanted to make choc chip muffins though (the lowest cal mix I could find with muffins 163 cals) but I was out of milk so went to the grocery store first. I had my 2 muffins lightly buttered and they were AWESOME. I love muffins but they are so darned fattening I avoid them. Then I cleaned the house and started lunch. Since it’s the 4th I wanted something BBQ so I bought sirloin, cut off as much fat as I could, cut it in to strips and baked it in the oven with BBQ sauce. I made us a fresh fruit salad and mashed potatoes. We’ll have something small for supper before going out to watch the fireworks.
Monarch, a margarita sounds like a wonderful dessert.
Mara, thanks for inventing a yummy and low cal root beer float. You are my hero! I have been craving a RB float since the weather got hot. I can’t have NutraSweet though so I might go for the fat free ice cream and some regular RB. That would be a nice weekend treat for me someday.
Kimberly, sorry the scale moved the opposite direction but I know it’ll move downward again soon. I’d rather eat at home too but we go out more often than we should.
DeeJay, yeah for loosing another pound! Good luck with your freckle procedure tomorrow.
Cellosweet, congratulations on loosing 1.5 pounds. That’s great you got smaller sized jeans and got them at a great price.
Welcome, Princess. I know what you mean about felling bad from eating too much. I use a diet scale and as long as I weigh everything I don’t overeat. Good luck on reaching your goal by next week.

Have a great 4th of July!
36.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results