shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd July till 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH interesting Rod! i didn''t even think that PP would come in like so many diff brands and flavors. i just looked online and Designer Whey seems to be really recommended and it''s 90 cals for 18g protein and a Chocolate Peanut Caramel flavor, that''s WAY better than my 130 cals for 16g for Vanilla. hehee. I might have to get a chocolate one so I can make ''dessert'' shakes at home and then I can use the Vanilla one I have for breakfasts. it tastes fine..i didn''t mind it, but a little protein and less cals would be nice for sure. i will have to see if i can get into a store, i have never been into a GNC, those stores kind of freak me out!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 3:07:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
You should have seen me this morning in the shower standing with one foot up like a flamingo.
20.gif
I
OMG, Dee, I nearly died when I read this. All I could visualize was you doing the Karate Kid ''crane'' thing.....LOL.

Sorry to hear of your blister.

Rod, congrats on 27 years. Rich and I aren''t that far along, but are happy to be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary coming up next week on Wednesday. (Sevens is my anniversary twin!)

Have been terribly on the go. Fiscal year is FINALLY over (whew), and I managed to end up quite respectably, so I''m happy about that. Weekend was B U S Y - my parents came for the weekend, and we took them to the Cirque Du Soleil Delirium production, followed by dinner at Morton''s!

Then we walked to the Prudential building - my parents had never been to the top of the Pru! Couldn''t believe that! We went to the skydeck at about 7:30 pm after dinner, and watched for about 90 min as the sun went down and the city lights came up. My mom was UBER-excited because there was a game going on at Fenway, and she''s a huge fan.

Then we splurged for a nice brunch on Sunday morning. I''m definitely going to have to make it up this week with extra activity - my penance! LOL

Hope all is well for everyone.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, repeat after me.........I, DeeJay will give the sandals that give me a yearly blister to the Salvation Army and buy myself something that will NOT give me blisters. LOL

Amber, your trip to wine country sounds so wonderful. We''ve talked about doing that too and it sounds so nice.

Mara, GNC is not as intimidating as you might think. They''re really very helpful in there. We have a Gold GNC card, which means you get 20% off all your purchases the first week of each month. And since most of what GNC sells is actually vitamin supplements, that really helps us, as we take a boatload of supplements. I like chocolate flavors the most myself, but vanilla would be a better breakfast flavor. We typically only take extra protein within an hour of a workout as that''s the time (according to the fitness mags and our trainer) that the muscles most benefit from the extra protein. But who knows what''s really right or wrong, if there really is a right or wrong with protein supplementing. I do know that if one''s goal is to have a gram of protein for every pound one ways each day, which is what seems to be the consensus, then supplements have to be used, or you''ll choke on all the food you''d have to consume to get to that level........
32.gif
14.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Evening All!

I''m just wrapping up my work/paper writing day and think the back porch and the end of my book (I have like 40 pages to go) are calling me. Today was great foodwise (and otherwise...we just signed off on the last of the paperwork to sell the condo I lived in before we got married, the funding should go through tomorrow! I went and said goodbye to my wonderful little first home in San Diego this afternoon).

John''s making BBQ chicken and fruit salad for dinner. I usually am not a fan but he read my truster Weber Grill book to figure out how to make it so it''s not dry; it was actually the most moist chicken I''ve ever eaten, we''ll see if he can top last weeks!

It was HOT today and we took the kids outside for 1/2 an hour each session (we have two preschool sessions for 2 hours each) and I ran around pushing the little guys on their bikes. I definitely broke a sweat! I really need to replace my pedometer just to see what I do in an typical day as far as walking goes.

~K

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
my bike ride home was definitely harder than the way there and i could feel it in my thighs as i pedaled uphill, but i made it. feels good to have ridden almost 5 miles!

kimberly, i made the deep dish pizza you posted for dinner, with a few modifications (no sausage, added the zucchini back in as well as some spinach to make up the bulk) and it was yummy! the servings are huge, though - i made a half recipe in an 8" square pan, cut into 4 squares, so each square was 3/4 serving according to the recipe. i ate one square and was stuffed!

amber, enjoy your wine trip, it sounds fabulous and i''m jealous!

dj, the pumpkin muffins are the recipe i posted in the healthy recipes thread. i pretty much always keep some in the freezer for emergency breakfasts.

i have some absolutely gorgeous fresh local strawberries here and am planning on a big bowlful for dessert - yum!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on selling your condo Kimberly, but I''m guessing you had mixed feelings about it..........Dinner as usual sounded wonderful.

Three years is a great accomplishment Alj. In today''s throw it away the secind it''s not perfect anymore, I think you''ve made it past that hurdle where perfection is not so important. Didn''t know Sevens and you were married the same day. Good Deal!

We met our friend for Sushi tonight, but not at our 2nd favorite sushi spot. We got there, parked our cars and walked up to the door with anticipation only to find a ''closed for vacation'' sign on the door. Bummer. So, we went to Cafe Japon, which is at International Mall and also has really good Sushi, so it''s officially our 3rd favorite sushi spot in Tampa. And Starbucks is right next door to Cafe Japon, so we walked out the door, walked 12 steps and got coffee and watched people walk by. The only issue is that a vendor has set up one of those portable kiosk type stations right next to Starbucks, selling cigars. And he must have some good ones, as it seemed at every table someone was puffing away on some foul smelling stogie. It became impossible to find a seat outside away from cigar smoke, so even though it was just a lovely evening, we had to sit inside. Note to self: Avoid the Starbucks at International Mall or become a Cigar Smoker. Me thinks I''ll avoid this Starbucks. Even though I was a smoker, I never smoked cigars and I could never tolerate cigar smoke. Oh well. We had a nice evening and that''s all that matters.

Tomorrow''s a normal day. Work, gym, home. Hope you all had a nice Monday.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday.
I had a great day, ate exactly 1200 calories and walked around work quite a bit. Yeah! I wore clothes that weren’t hanging on me; that was a nice treat as well.
Thank you for the tips Lorelei. I’m worried about this week food wise. Too many things going on with temptations; but I plan on being careful and walking a lot.
NYC, congratulations on your abdomen and love handles getting smaller. That’s the kind of results that’s nice to see.
Rod, Happy 27th Anniversary on the 4th! That is awesome. The Ritz sounds marvelous but it also made me think of “Young Frankenstein” when Frankenstein is singing “Putting on the Ritz”. That always cracks me up. That was nice of you to stick it out at work without AC.
Dee, tearing off some skin by your blister sounds awful. I hope it gets better soon. It will be fun to stock up on great clothes once we know what size to get. Right now I am buying things on the cheap. I’m with Rod, I’d get rid of those sandals.
SkippyGirl, I’m so sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it gets better soon. We live in Wyoming and went shopping in Colorado. It gets in the 90’s to 100’s around here in the summer.
Kimberly, that is exciting you found several houses you like. I bet you are getting excited about getting a new place. Congratulations on selling your condo.
Danielle, that’s exciting you mailed your wedding invitations. That was quite a walk to get them in the mail. I hope your sore muscles improve soon.
Shortblonde, too bad your bike couldn’t be downhill both ways. I’m not buying too many clothes right now but I needed some things that fit.
Sharon, enjoy your day and treats at the zoo.
Mara, good idea to focus on how you feel and how your clothes fit. I am definitely scale obsessed. I don’t thinks it’s a bad thing for me right now.
Gypsy, those sara lee buns are great, aren’t they? I really fill like I’m having a treat for so few calories. I’m looking forward to sleeping in too, I just hope my husband doesn’t have an early tee time that day.
ChargerGirl, sorry to hear about your friend. I hope gam-anon can be of help to all of you. It sounds like she needs a lot of help.
Monarch, I hope you were able to enjoy a good book on the patio. That sounds nice.
Stephanie, good luck with the calorie change and strength training.
MrsSalvo, yeah for your husband’s nice compliment of you. Your walk with the whole family sounds wonderful. Have fun with family this week.
Amber, congratulations on your one year anniversary and have a wonderful trip.
PhoenixGirl, how exciting your sister will be having her baby soon. That’s great you are there to help.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the hoorays, guys! I''m actually really happy the condo sold. It''s been sitting empty since February -- we had tenants in it for a few months -- and it''s been purchased by a young couple who are getting married this month...so a happy thing! Losing the mortgage payment and assessment fees is cause for celebration! I only lived there a year and never really turned into a home (never painted the walls, etc.) because I rented it from J before we got married, when I first moved to SD, and I knew that I wouldn''t live there very long. We were either going to get married or go our seperate ways, but one way or another it wouldn''t have ever really been my home. The bigger challenge is going to be selling our house, which will be placed on the market sometime this month, and moving. This will be an interesting new adventure for sure!

Dinner was so yummy, BBQ chicky, summer squash and fruit salad. A perfect meal for a hot day.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy.......I Love that movie too. It always cracks me up. I did stay at work the entire day, but had to take a shower when I came home as it was a to put it nicely, a sticky day and I didn''t want to stick to the sheets tonight. LOL

Glad you''re happy about the condo sale Kimberly. I wasn''t sure if there was an emotional tie, but from the sound of it, it''s a nice thing indeed the condo will no longer be a financial burden. Selling and moving can be such an tough time to go through. I hope that when you and John sell your place and buy something you''ve found that better accommodates your needs, the process is smooth sailing both ways. We know we will not be able to keep our condo as our last home. We bought it as a great place to live for right now and for the investment potential. We''ll need to cash out at some point and take the money whcih should be a pretty sizable amount in a couple years and buy something we can pay cash for and not have a mortgage in anticipation of our retiring........someday!

Nite nite everyone!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rod - we''re super excited about the trip. We usually go up about 2-3 times/year, since its only a 40 minute drive from where we are, and we find it uber-relaxing every time!

Mara - I''ve got the designer whey in vanilla - they sell it at Trader Joe''s. Its not great but its not terrible either. I usually do it like Rod - only after workouts, and for me, only after workouts when I''ve done weights.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers...

yeah rod it seems hard to get in all that protein on a daily basis without doing the shake or powder or whatever. amber i got my whey protein at TJ's too but i don't think it's the designer whey brand...now i am curious though. it's 130 cals for 2 scoops/16g protein. the designer whey online in chocolate was only 90 cals for 18g protein...better.

so, after work i went and did a 5m hike, it was hot this afternoon, still about 85 or so in the sun, i was definitely trying to push it up the hills, but i was tired from the sun for sure. it was such a relief to finish and come on home to shower and relax. i made a protein shake (my first one haha) with a scoop of powder, some ice, almond milk, fage and strawberries. yummy!! it came out pretty good. i drank half right away but it was filling me up and we were going to eat dinner soon so i saved the rest to drink later. for dinner we ended up having TJ's pizzas.

so here is what i ate today for anyone curious on how to get lots of protein in lol.

breakfast: high fiber, high protein cereal with 1/2 scoop protein powder, sliced peach and blueberries with almond milk
15g protein: 250 cals

snack: peanut butter cookie luna bar
10g protein: 180 cals

lunch: whole foods salad bar salad: mixed greens, garbanzo, shredded carrots, red cabbage, feta cheese; mini wheat bagel toasted with TJ's spicy egg white salad
20g protein: 350 cals

snack: 0% fage with mango butter, splenda, raspberries
13g protein: 120 cals

snack: 1/2 peach; 1 fiberful bar
2g protein: 100 cals

dinner: TJ's chicken, artichoke pizza
32g protein: 450 cals

snack: protein shake w/almond milk, ice, protein powder, strawberries
15g protein: 160 cals

dessert: chocolate covered oreo
0g protein(?): ~100 cals

total cals: 1710
total protein: 108g
total fiber: 43g (WOW! haha)

anyway...so that was today. i wanted to do closer to 1600 cals but the chocolate covered oreo was left from last nite and now it's gone so it won't be tempting me hehee. plus seriously i am so sore from my workout, i deserved it!! and i redid my sparkpeople thing to say i wanted to lose 5 lbs in the next 4-5 weeks and it said i should be eating 1700-2100 cals per day and burn 2500 cals a week which i am definitely meeting. so we'll see...i am going to try to do like 1600ish cals during the week then 2 high days on the wkds for my splurges.

i also got some south beach high protein bars...peanut butter chocolate for 210 cals, 5g fiber, and 19g protein. pretty sweet. so i might do one of those tomorrow instead of a luna bar. and i am going to do a shake in the morning again with different fruits.

hope everyone had a great day today...yay for tomorrow being tues then having wed off hehee. amber have a great trip with DH! congrats on your condo sale kimberly, that's great news.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, all!

I''ve been MIA this past week or so because I have FINALLY been able to enjoy the jobless freedom that a teacher''s summer should be and I couldn''t stand the thought of looking at a computer for the last few days, as if it would spoil the vacationy feeling or something.

Anyway, I went rock climbing up in Wisconsin Friday, talk about a workout! My quads are STILL sore. I spent the weekend doing my regular workouts and eating my regular foods, but I needed some inspiration. SO, I picked up this book that has been sitting on BF''s bookshelf for years--Body for Life by Bill Phillips. The plan is actually pretty simple--eat six small, healthy meals per day, and work out six times per week. Well, I must say I really got into the book, and I decided to go for it. The first thing he has you do is write down goals, of course, and THEN you take a picture of yourself in a swimsuit. Front and back views. Talk about motivation!

SO, I''m going to take the Body for Life challenge over the next twelve weeks and see what happens. I roped my little sister into doing it with me, and we met up for the workout today and had a lot of fun, so that was a bonus. I''m really excited about it, to tell you the truth. Just knowing that I''m following this plan helped me avoid that microwave popcorn I have stashed in my pantry.

Has anyone ever tried this program? I like that it isn''t really an actual program, it''s more like a prescription for a lifestyle change.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mprning All,

shortblonde, I''m so glad you liked the pizza! It is filling and while a bit time consuming, fun to make and worth it (at least in my opinion).

Rod, when we move we''ll be reducing our mortgage payment, which we''re both very excited about! Well that among other things (we''ll be in the city of SD, possibly a walk away from the water, close to our favorite places: the theatre we have season tickets for, Little Italy, our favorite beaches, etc.). I am not looking forward to moving though, as this will be my 5th time in 4 years and that can get old. I''d like to find a place that we can settle down in for the long term. Because J is in RE, houses have always been an investment to him, nothing to get attached to, while it''s really important to me that we find a place that we can see ourselves calling home. He''s compromising big time to make that happen for me and I am really appreciative. Tampa is the up and coming RE place, so I''m sure you''ll make a pretty penny on that condo of yours and be mortgage payment free! WOO HOO!

So today is a work day and then I have a hair appt. The grey just keeps coming in
39.gif
so I''ve broken down and am going to have her highlight my hair. I''ve not dyed my hair since I was 15, so I''m a bit nervous. I haven''t decide on a color yet, I''m thinking carmel tones.

Flamingo D (DeeJay) hope your doing better today!

Have a wonderful day all!

~K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2007 5:32:50 PM
Author: aljdewey
Date: 7/2/2007 3:07:58 PM

You should have seen me this morning in the shower standing with one foot up like a flamingo.
20.gif
I

OMG, Dee, I nearly died when I read this. All I could visualize was you doing the Karate Kid 'crane' thing.....LOL.

Al, I once dated a guy who would strike the "crane" pose when he felt a particularly great fart coming on.

AG, RUBBING ALCOHOL??? Are you kidding me?! I about screamed when the air hit it yesterday so I can't even IMAGINE rubbing alcohol. YOWCH!!!
6.gif

Rod, yes sir, the sandles are going right in the Salvation Army bag tonight!

Kimberly, congrats on getting your condo sold!! About grilling the chicken, the HH grills it on the bone and it says moist. Not sure what the exact correlation is there but it certainly works. And LOL on the "Flamingo D"!!
9.gif

Shortblonde, the pizza sounds delish! We haven't had any for a while... it's feeling like it might be time...

Marcy, I think I'm going to make a trek to the Talbots outlet tomorrow (assuming they're open). I always find some great bargains there but I rarely go since it's such a hike from my house. I usually even end up with some shoes, which is a total bonus since I'm a size 5 or 5.5 and have such a hard time finding them.

Mara, thanks for posting the food list! I have some serious protein work to do here.

Haven, good for you for enjoying a little bit of that jobless freedom! Rockclimbing sound fun but I'm just sure I would do something stupid and tumble to my death...

The scale gave me another .5 lbs (I know--how sad that I get excited over 8 oz!
20.gif
) so I'm happy today. Not sure exactly what will happen on the dinner front since I have a client to take out this evening but I plan on being good at least until then, LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 10:04:08 AM

Al, I once dated a guy who would strike the 'crane' pose when he felt a particularly great fart coming on.
Heeheee, I hope you didn't date that guy too long. How did you know that is what he was doing or did you just hear some thing?
32.gif
What did you tell him?? DeeJay you are the funniest!!! Yah on the weight loss!

Gosh, there are lots of people here, so I will say great job all since everyone is doing well and I did read everyones posts.
3.gif
I even had to reread some because Mara's on the flavor PP's had me wondering what she was talking about?!?!?!
6.gif
Meaning of PP: Protein Powder.

Rod, gosh, I don't know how you could stay all day at work in Florida w/o air conditioning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary AlJ!!!!

Yippppppppeeeee Kimberly for selling the condo!!!! I am excited for you to find a new house. I love Downtown SD! My friend from SD came into town so I get to see her and her 2 yr old tomorrow; I am so excited!!!

ShortBlond, i am going to go look for that yummy recipe! Yah for the bike ride; kudos.

Gypsy, great job losing weight and setting more goals!!! Marcy yah for doing well eating and Haven yah for doing the challenge!

Charrger, I saw your wedding pictures when I was doing a search for something else they are so wonderful!!!! It is good to see you back.

Mara, whoo hooo for hiking! It is funny because I have a mental image of MrsSalvo's hike beeing woodsy and I can't imagine yours. Is it woods or rock or big hills???? Just curious.

I woke up and thought my knee would be better; it hurts worse today. I do think it is a bruise because I can walk but I can't see a bruise but it is tender like one. I am sure it will get better. i guess I will try mowing the lawn and see how that goes. Gosh, I feel like a drama queen complaining. hehehe

I am doing so well watching what I eat; that makes me happy!!! Mara, you do eat lots of protein. They are now finding out protein helps keep a person feeling full longer; I read that the other day in some magazine.
34.gif

Happy Tuesday Friends!!!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...

this morning i had ~2/3c of kashi go lean (100 cals, 7g protein, 6g fiber) with some blueberries and almond milk, and then also made another protein shake with blueberries, raspberries, honey, almond milk, ice and pp. i drank about 1/2 of it and saved the other 1/2 for after my walk this afternoon. so i got about 15g protein and 8g fiber this morning, and consumed about 185 cals, not bad at all...better than yesterday when i got 15g protein and consumed 250 cals. hehe. i am leaving work a little early today, probably about 3:30 or so as i bet most people will be taking off early. so after work i am going to go for a long flat walk on this trail i like, about ~3miles most likely. my legs are SO SORE from yesterday, actually my whole TRUNK is. hiking can really be a full body workout i guess. interestingly enough my midsection is starting to tone up for sure, but like someone else said (monnie?) in the morning it looks great but then it just gets progressively more puffy (to me) as the day goes on. i wish that it could always look like it does in the morning before i actually consume anything hehee. and then after i workout or walk it seems like it''s definitely always puffy...maybe from muscles swelling or something. oh well. i''ll take what i can get.

i definitely feel good about doing the whole more protein thing...the trainers have told me that before and i tried to watch my protein but not this seriously. it makes a lot of sense to me what with how much this hiking takes out of my body that i am not replenishing enough so my muscles always feel kind of sore and crappy. before when i was doing the elliptical and all that, honestly i hardly ever got sore...but hiking you really have to work it to get up those hills. so we shall see i guess. i like the idea of doing something fun, this is what i like about having a GOAL, something to strive towards. maintaining is hard for me because it''s so boring because you are trying to keep things the same rather than looking for changes.

skippy, this place is like a big mountainous preserve...imagine big california hills with lots of trees on them and they cutout all these trails inside the trees and ''forest'' area. you start on a flat area from one of 2-3 parking lots and then either walk flat for a while then climb or start climbing immediately. there are about 7-8 diff trails you can take, and you can piecemeal or add together/connect pieces of trails to make trails longer etc. like the one i do is 3m but i add 1/2 of another trail to it to get more like 5m. there is one that is 8miles as the longest, and i''d love to do that one soon but part of it is at the highest point so it cannot be during a hot day or else i think i''d die. i love the inside the forest trails because the paths are narrow, they are less crowded as they are more windy and twisty and it''s much cooler inside the tree cover. and then on the other side of the trails (one side is mountain) is a drop off (not typically steep like a cliff, just a rolling down slope) with lots of poison oak and trees! it''s very pretty in there for sure. anyway hope that helps give a visual. the trail i am going to today is at another park and it''s a long flat trail that spans 8m and covers 2-3 towns...you can walk all the way from one town to a few towns over...it''s popular in the summer. i am just going to do ~3m of it.

anyhow, better get ready for work, so excited to leave a bit early and have tomorrow off, yee haw. hope everyone else is having a fab day too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2007 10:22:47 AM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 7/3/2007 10:04:08 AM

Al, I once dated a guy who would strike the 'crane' pose when he felt a particularly great fart coming on.

Heeheee, I hope you didn't date that guy too long. How did you know that is what he was doing or did you just hear some thing?
32.gif

LOL Skippy, I actually lived with him for 3-1/2 years and he remains one of my very closest friends! IMHO there's nothing like a great sense of humor and this guy made me (and still makes me) laugh every day!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
Well, I am jealous of you all that are doing so well.

My muscles are not healing. My fi & I went our running yesterday, and I couldn''t do it!
39.gif
My butt/hamstring muscles were screaming, and running was just making it ache so bad. We walked for a little while, but I don''t even feel like I can count that as a workout.

This morning I woke up, and it only feels worse. Left side is worse than my right. I am just going to take it easy, take some advil, ice up my leg and not do anything that involes my legs until it feels 80% better. I amrunning in the race next week, so I HAVE to heal up before then!

Mara - sounds like you are doing good on the protein front. I think it will really help you. I have discovered about myself that my body will not change unless I eat the RIGHT things. It''s less about calories in/calories out for me and more about WHAT I''m putting in there. Annoying, but true. Good luck!!

Haven - I am jealous of your jobless summer! I wish I had chosen to be a teacher!!! I have definitely heard of Body For Life - I think my dad did that when we were kids. It sounds like good principles, I''m sure you''ll have great success. Working out six times a week would definitely be a challenge for me, but good luck!!!

Dee - your poor blisters! But I have to agree with AmberGretchen - pop those suckers! It''ll make them feel better!!!!! I always pop my blisters - I have to relieve the pressure!!!

Marcy - you are doing great! Congrats on new jeans!

Skippy - sorry to hear you are not really healing either. Do you want to have a complaining party with me?
2.gif

Rod - I can''t believe you worked almost an entire day in an un-air-conditioned office in FLORIDA! That is dedication to work - too much dedication!

Kim - good luck with dyeing your hair! I don''t color mine either, and I do worry about the days I have to start (my mom and grandma are both gray, I know it''s coming for me!). What is your natural color? I think I remember from one of your pictures it''s a dark blonde? If so, I think caramel would be beautiful! My hair is almost black - I don''t know where I''d go with that!

AG - have fun on your trip! The Fi & I considered stopping in the SF area on our way back from our honeymoon, but we decided to stay in Hawaii longer! We have some friends out there, so we''ll definitely make it out there some time, but I am definitely jealous!

Shortblonde - that bike ride sounds crazy, awesome job!

AlJ - sounds like you had fun with your parents!!!! Happy Pre-Anniversary :)

Well, happy 4th everyone!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone........

It''s too quiet at work today, but at least we DO HAVE A/C. I''m not sure I could have handled another sweltering day in the office. I guess with tomorrow being a holiday, it''s just so quiet. Hardly any emails coming in and my phone hasn''t rung once (and that''s odd). I think Mara''s got the right idea leaving early and hitting a trail. Maybe we''ll do the same thing (sans hitting the trail), but at least leave a bit early and hit the gym earlier than normal. We''re going to try to do a reduced session (if I can actually reduce the intensity of a workout) tonight because we will be at the gym earlier in the day tomorrow. We''ll see if I do less or not. I just sort of get going and get into this rhythm that''s hard to stop..........

Sorry your knee is still hurting so much Skippy. Be careful if you do mow the lawn. Make sure you do some heavy stretching before you do anything that could aggravate the knee further.

Kimberly, I often forget that you''re in SD as your avatar is I believe Chicago. I would like SD way more than Chicago though as I''m not a cold weather person. A couple of years ago, we had back to back hurricanes in Tampa, and we actually toyed with the notion of moving to SD then. While I''ve never done more than flown through the SD airport, I think the climate and proximity to water and lifestyle I''ve read about makes SD a place I think we''d love to live. Also, good luck on the highlights. My hair has turned salt and pepper lately, but men can get away with that so much easier than women and besides, I''m 52 so it''s sort of expected at my age anyway.......LOL

Yay on the scale this morning DeeJay!!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
well, after my big hike sunday and bike ride yesterday, i am pretty sore today! i would have expected my legs, but it's interesting to me that my shoulders are also sore from the biking - i guess i went over a few bumps and had to hang on.

i am taking today off from exercise aside from a ~1 mile walk with my friend's dog, she is out of town and i am helping dog sit for the next few days.

i also think that with the extra physical activity, i have not eaten enough the past couple days. i've been at about 1300 calories both days, which is normal for me, but this morning i have been starving! i had fage and half a banana for breakfast at 8:40, and an hour later i was absolutely ravenous. so i had a pumpin muffin i had stashed at the office around 10:20. it helped, but i can already tell that i will be ready for lunch when my conference call ends at 12:30. i figure i will try to bump up the cals a little bit today and see if that helps.

everybody who is sore/injured, take it easy and don't overdo it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in, I managed 5 workouts last week which I was very pleased with! My legs have been a bit sore ( unusual for me) so I have had 2 days off and will aim for an hour tonight. 30 mins on the treadmill and 30 ellipticising ( Rod!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 10:46:10 AM

Date: 7/3/2007 10:22:47 AM
Author: Skippy123

32.gif
LOL Skippy, I actually lived with him for 3-1/2 years and he remains one of my very closest friends! IMHO there's nothing like a great sense of humor and this guy made me (and still makes me) laugh every day!
Ahhhh, that is cute! You do have a great sense of humor
9.gif

Danielle, that is a plan! Now we just gotta get our hubbys to wait on us
2.gif
No, I really feel like an old lady complaining. I hope you and I get better quick so we can kick some butt!

Rod, yah for AC

Lorelei, yah for workouts!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2007 11:18:29 AM
Author: Lorelei
Checking in, I managed 5 workouts last week which I was very pleased with! My legs have been a bit sore ( unusual for me) so I have had 2 days off and will aim for an hour tonight. 30 mins on the treadmill and 30 ellipticising ( Rod!)
you go Lorelei!!!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning WWTR''s!

Rod, glad to hear your A/C is working again!

Yesterday was a pretty good day overall. I ate pretty well all day, went for a nice 30 min. walk with one of the dogs and came back and sat on the patio sunning myself and finishing my book for about an hour. I was had a very slight tinge pink on my cheeks and shoulders last night but this morning it has turned into a nice suntan, which is a nice change for my skin which hasn''t seen the sun or a tanning bed since last summer. I would love to lay out in the back yard all day today, but it''s pretty hot already so I think I''ll skip the baking in the sun thing and just go for a walk later to get some more color that way.

In addition to my walk yesterday, I worked on my arms and did some squats and lunges last night. I can definitely feel it in my legs today as I walk up and down stairs. Later on I will do a pilates workout on exerciseTV to work on core strengthening, and maybe a cardio workout as well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday all (feels more like a Friday!)

WOW- so many posts to catch up on. Everyone sounds like they''re doing good! A congrats to Rod on your anniversary and to Kimberly on the sale of your condo.

Mara, thanks for the info on the protein. DH works out everyday (lifts 2x/wk), and he''s really into getting his protein. He drinks protein shakes every now and again (think he uses designer whey). His staples are hard boiled eggs, string cheese (there''s always some of both in the fridge) and almonds. He also LOVES meat, but we try to stick with lean cuts, and meats. We eat pork often.

Just had my bfast, oatmeal with splenda & green tea. Snack will be a hard boiled egg, and grilled chicken salad for lunch. I''m at home telecommuting today, and just took stock of the fridge. Apart from what I just listed, it''s pretty empty so I''m gonna go stock up today. DH is gone for the week, visiting his folks at their vacation home in S. Carolina (he gets the week off- I don''t, so he went solo). Anyway, I''m on my own for food and will plan my meals over the next couple of days.

I''m keeping the activity down as I''ve caught a bit of a cold- I didn''t really take care of myself last week. Don''t like going to the gym when I''m a sniffly mess, and I was hoping to just go out for a walk but it''s supposed to reach 100 degrees here in the West Valley (yuk) today! I may just take it easy so that I''ll be in tip-top shape for the Holiday tomorrow.

Lastly, I went to the gam-anon meeting last nite (5 of us went together), and really got some good insight on my friend''s problem. It''s a disease- plain and simple. It was a very emotional eve. So sad...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charger girl, I saw your wedding photos and they were gorgeous!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feeling really bummed today. Have a huge craving for something... ANYTHING really bad. Trying to curb it. Can't work up enthusiasm for anything healthy though. Maybe I'll take a longer lunch today and walk some more. Fortunately no one here as 'goodies' out.
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy definitely go take a walk. if you have to have something sweet, have something like a chocolate pecan pie luna bar or similar where you can get fiber, protein, vitamins, and a ''sweet chocolate'' fix at the same time. and also if you take something like a 1m walk at lunch, then you won''t feel so bad ''snacking'' on something later if you end up doing so.

just had a 210 cal south beach peanut butter chocolate bar for 19g protein and 6g fiber...yummy and man was it filling. lunch is going to be progresso chicken gumbo for 220 cals and 14g protein and 4g fiber; and a mini wheat toasted bagel with TJ''s spicy egg salad for 120 cals and 10g protein and 2g fiber.

for dinner tonite i am going to this yummy fresh salad/sandwich place with our neighbors as greg has rehearsal...so i plan to probably get this amazing fruit and avocado salad that i love...i will probably add shrimp as well for protein. but i am thinking hmmm on bbq chicken sandwich which is probably more protein and if i just eat 1/2 the bun then it won''t be bad at all actually.

anyhow, hope everyone is having a fabulous day, so excited about having tomorrow off.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, leaving for walk at 11:00-11:30.

Will go to borders and pick up a book, then walk while reading (I''m pretty good with that-- but must get another ipod soon).

I will look into those Bars Mara. Definitely. I was thinking of subway for lunch. Always fills me up and only has 300 calories.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wooo hooo!!! just finished my workout. seeing a difference has made me want to work out as oppossed to just feeling like i''m pushing myself to do it.

hey dee--real classy guys you date...lol
26.gif
i''ve dated a few fart phenoms myself--lol.
i can''t imagine putting rubbing alcohol on your blister either--yeee--owwwch!
8.gif

amber--wine country sounds great. i''d love to take a trip there one day. i''ve been to the vinyards out in L.I. and some are very beautiful. so peaceful and relaxing.

woohooo shortgirl for making the bike trip. its hard going uphill even for short bursts. keep at it!
1.gif

kim--congrats on your new beginning!

phoenix--congrats on your new neice or nephew!!! its so exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results