shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd July till 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning! Yah it's the Weekend!!!

Yesterday I saw Transformers and it was cheap fun. This weekend we are going to paint our room a tranquil blue green. I do not like painting but decided to change the color because I am not loving the orange we painted a few years ago. Oh well, I will be happy to get a color I love.

Danielle glad you had a nice run. I think I will try walking a couple of miles and see how that goes.
I bet Rod is off to the Ritz! Fun.
11.gif
Jeff, that sound made me laugh; your funny. hehee
Mara, yah for hiking missy!
Princess yippee for fitting into jeans.

Oh Kimberly, your hubby is so sweet to take care of you. I hope the dizzy spells go away; keep us posted.
Marcy, wonderful on the walking!
Sharon, sounds like a great workout!

35.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/6/2007 1:49:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
For all you fellow Starbucks lovers you might want to know this little tidbit: since they stopped using transfats in their bakery products and replaced them with other fat sources the calorie count of many of them has gone UP. Take a look at the nutritional info of anything you get and make sure you''re not being snipered by extra cals. I was looking something else up and realized that of the two cakes I often get for breakfast one has gone up 50 cals and one has gone up 80!!!
6.gif
Say it''s not so!!! But I still get my fat source from their Mocha Frappachino''s (my summer weakness)
3.gif

Then I go to the gym later that day
17.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Last week I took my daughter to Panera. She''s on a health kick too. She asked for nutritional information on
one of their sandwiches. After about 10 minutes, the cashier dragged out two huge loose leaf notebooks that were
not indexed. Guess they don''t want you to know
20.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I feel better today, yay! I didn't sleep so well on Thur night/Fri morning and last night I slept like a log and am feeling more like me again and I'm not dizzy anymore. Great news!

Skip, he is so sweet...a little too sweet sometimes, last night he suprised me by making homemade french fries with our steak and green beans. I suggested tator tots and he took it a step further. They were delicious but not exactly the healthy dinner I had in mind, silly guy. He's a doll. The air conditioner went off again at the tenants house. She stopped by at 9pm with brownies to apologize, which is silly since it's not their fault, the unit is just old.

I have one more big project to finish for my class that's finishing up on Monday. That's going to be my big exciting day. But I'm starting it off with a workout. We'll probably go out to dinner tonight, we haven't done so since Tuesday, it will be a nice way to spend an evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, your hubby is for sure a keeper. What a sweet guy w/the brownies; I love that!!!!! Also, the special the homemade fries; that is so cute!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly next time tell hubby to bake the fries with some herbs and salt, very tasty and healthy too. also we have been doing polenta fries sometimes as well, super easy, just cut a stick of ready-made polenta into sticks, season them with salt and maybe some garlic and bake them on ~450 for like 20 min then broil for a bit to get extra crispy. polenta has less cals than potatoes and i think in some ways more nutrients too. i have to check out my tube in the fridge.

so yesterday after work i went up to the trail and did a 5.3m hike/walk in 1 hour and 15 minutes, wow. haha....i don''t take anything out with me for watch because my cell doesn''t really work out there and i don''t really own a ''watch'' other than my HRM which maybe i could start wearing, so i always feel like i am walking really slow and then walk super fast to compensate for time esp since i typically have to be somewhere at some point later (aka last nite we had to catch and 8pm train so i HAD to be in the car and driving home by no later than 7:15 so i''d have time for a quick shower). so i went a slightly different way up one of the more windy, painful trails, and decided to push it up to the meadow top then come down a diff super twisty way. i thought oh great the slowness on the high windy trail was probably costing me time so i booked it on the downhill then speed walked the last 1.5 miles which was flatland. i get into the car and it''s 7pm. hahhaa. i started at 5:45. so i thought hahah here i am thinking i am WAY behind and again i managed to somehow do it in 1 hour 15 minutes (when i give myself like 1 hour 30 min max typically). but i was happy i did it faster than i was thinking which made me feel kinda proud haha.

then i came home, drank a quickie protein shake (just the lazy way with almond milk and choco pb powder all shook up) to get my body some quick nutrients then showered and we headed off to the train station. took the train over and decided where to eat on the way so i called them to put our names down. walked over from the train station through the cute downtown area (so busy on fridays and wkds), which took us about 15 minutes...so i estimate about a 3/4m walk. had a very yummy dinner (though by this time i was starting to starve which makes me really cranky!!)...the place was vietnamese fusion with shared plate style so we got a roti (bread) which came with like 8 thin small triangles and dipping sauces, this amazing crab wonton soup in coconut lemongrass curry broth which is soo to die for, you want to lick the bowl, lemongrass garlic bass that came with a small cold mango soba noodle salad on the side, scallop curry in some sort of coconut milk broth which came with a bunch of diff types of squash like butternut, yellow, and green...and then we got a ''mushroom medley'' which was 3 types of mushrooms sauteed in soy and coconut to a glaze type consistency, and shared a small lemongrass rice (which was just okay, i''ll try another rice next time, they have like 8 diff types). all in all very yummy and just the right amount as we ate everything basically and we weren''t stuffed, just full. i also pressed off the oil on the roti bread hehe. now when i see super shiny things like that at restaurants i feel compelled...i don''t want to eat extra oil that i cannot taste. oh and i had an amazing drink which was like a mojito martini, made with vodka and ginger. i like mojitos made with vodka and extra sugar but they went a step further and made it into a martini type drink, so it was light yet really good.

on the way back to the train station, we stopped at a gelato and coffee shop and i got a scoop of tiramisu gelato in a sugar cone...ate 4/5 of it and gave the rest to greg...i wish i could just be happy with 1/5 of something like that like he is hehehe. i kept asking if he wanted some and he''s like no it''s okay, til the end. boys!

so by the time we got home we were both exhausted!! basically between my hike and the walk to and from dinner last nite it was like about 7 miles walked yesterday for me...and 3-4 of those were hills! this morning my hips and legs were definitely feeling it. but i like feeling sore, like i really DID something. and i really am starting to see more differences in my body in terms of looking more toned and strong which totally excites me. woo hoo for change. sounds like others are seeing changes in their own ways as well, weight loss on the scale or clothes fitting better (or not at all anymore!!)...kudos to all for such wonderful work.

this morning we slept in (woohoo that i managed to finally sleep in, i have been trying for a while now...!) til 10:15 and now are having breakfast. i had egg whites scrambled with a bit of 2% cheese, and kashi go lean mixed with some maple cluster cereal from TJ''s topped with blueberries and strawberry and almond milk. coffee of course. so this should tide me over for a few hours, then for lunch/snack we''ll have peppered turkey breast with some garlic hummus and red pepper wrapped in a la tortilla factory wrap to give us protein and fiber for not too many cals. we''re running some errands locally today and then we are heading out to SF in early evening to do a long walk/meander along the ocean and then catch dinner at one of our fave places along this stretch of the great highway. greg has always wanted to walk around out there but since i haven''t been as into the ''outdoors'' til the last year or so, we never have, so when i suggested it he was like OMG really. haha. i think he wonders where his wife went and who is this outdoors loving pod creature in her place. but that''s okay hehe.

oh and random note for those who love sbucks, i read online that their new orange creme light frapp is supposedly only like 180 cals for the tall so if you end up wanting to try something new and summery at the bucks, try that..(and report back because i am curious, haven''t tried it yet)...and i hear they have another one too that just came out or is coming out, some other light mocha frapp but with flavor, caramel maybe? that''s like 160 cals or something. we hardly ever go to get outside coffee as we make ours at home with diff fave types of beans but sometimes we are out walking around and might get something. though i''d rather have gelato than coffee any night hehee.
2.gif

have a great day all, enjoy the weekend and hopefully it''s sunny and warm wherever you are. our heat wave has subsided thank goodness, and it''s back to beautiful 80''s weather with white fluffy california clouds. we should enjoy it while we can!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Great suggestions, Mara. I was having a tough day and he was making such an effort to be nice; such a good guy.

I got in a great 50 minute workout this morning. John''s made the executive decision to have dinner at home. He wants to BBQ hamburgers, which is absolutey fine with me.

Have a great day alL!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, so many posts in so few days . . .

Dee--don''t even think about that scale, let your body heal, and like Rod said--you can''t und all the good you''ve done in just three short weeks!

Mara--I feel like I learn five new yummy food recipes every time I read one of your posts, thank you!

Marcy--Your weight loss success is amazing! Congratulations!

Everyone has so many wonderful things going on, you''re all so inspiring.

So this is the last day of my first week on this Body for Life plan and I feel amazing. My sister is doing it with me, and we''ve decided to take bikini pictures each Monday to track our progress. I don''t think there are many noticeable changes in my body yet, but I FEEL incredible.

I decided today will be my "cheat day" (we get one per week) because we''re watching the UFC fights tonight and we always order pizza. The thing is, I didn''t even want to cheat this morning because I felt so good, so I had egg whites and cottage cheese with tomatoes for breakfast. I''m not a big chocolate/sweets person, but I do miss cheese and salty foods a teeny bit. Well, really, I just miss my cheese--havarti with dill, baked brie, a good wedge of gouda, aaaaah.

Anyway, I''m so proud of myself for sticking to a healthy eating plan and working out SIX DAYS IN A ROW. The last time I worked out this much was when I was kickboxing, which was four years ago, so it feels really good.

Now I have another question for everyone: Has anyone ever tried any of the following products?
- Myoplex Lite Ready-To-Drink shakes
- EAS Betagen powder

In order to truly enter the Body for Life contest, I have to use one EAS or ROSS supplement product, and the two I mentioned above look interesting. The last (and only) time I ever used this kind of thing was when I was a runner in college; I used HydroxyCut and protein shakes when I was training really hard. Of course, later the HydroxyCut was taken of the market and then put back on because it had ephedra in it, I think, oy.

Have a great rest of the weekend, all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven I have not tried either of those products but you can read online in terms of what reviews on them look like. I just got a TJ''s vanilla protein powder and also a Designer Whey (that''s the brand) chocolate pb caramel one that I like a lot. EAS I did see was recommended on some forums (don''t recall WHICH one though, that is why I mentioned to search on reviews). I searched on ''best tasting protein powder'' and found this forum that had this thread where everyone said their favorite.

One thing I guess to be aware of is that some powders are meal replacements (aka way more cals and nutrients) and some are just protein supplements. I was going more for the protein supplements as I can get a ton of protein and nutrients in other manner through my meals and was really just looking for something short on cals but long on taste to make dessert and breakfast smoothies with. So you can do a 250 cal protein powder with 60g of protein or a 90 cal one with 18g of protein. I went for the 90/20. So just be sure as you are doing this, if your primary objective is to lose weight and you''d like to use the protein for additional muscle building and toning, then I''d suggest to go lighter on cals with as much protein as possible, not the replacement one which seems more for body builders. Just my own research coming out here, you might find differently. Good luck and sounds like you are making progress. I have posted this week about how I feel like eating and drinking the additional protein IS helping me become a bit more toned...which is my goal.

I just updated my Mara Who''s Who thanks to a bump from Marcy and Skippy...I realized hey I haven''t posted in here in a while and have thought about it randomly from time to time, so I added a bunch of pictures. Doing that made me want to visit the plant nursery to see what kind of new goodies they have...so I''m off to spend some of the afternoon doing that. Have a great one all!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 11:58:36 AM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Last week I took my daughter to Panera. She''s on a health kick too. She asked for nutritional information on
one of their sandwiches. After about 10 minutes, the cashier dragged out two huge loose leaf notebooks that were
not indexed. Guess they don''t want you to know
20.gif
Their nutritional information is easily accessible on their website. I checked it before going there.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in quickly, so far this week I have done 3 1 hour cardio workouts, will aim for another hour tomorrow. I have increased recently to an hour instead of 45 mins, I tend to go with what I feel I can manage. If I am super motivated, then 45 mins to an hour, if less so then 30 mins more often. I like to try to mix things up to try to keep my body on it''s toes a bit.

Everyone is doing so well!

and I had 2 Krispy Kreme donuts today....
41.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone just checking in for the day,

A fun time was had by all in Chicago yesterday and I managed to only eat one slice of stuffed pizza, and since it was veggie, I read online that it's about 500 cals. I was really good the rest of the day, not to mention how much we walked AND the fact that I took my dog out for a run before we left. So not such a bad day.

Today is a cheat day, although I did work out this morning.
36.gif
My friends are taking me out to a fantastic Spanish fusion restaurant here, and then we are having a little combined shower/bachelorette thing because my MOH is in town and most of my friends are here, so it was easier to do it now while she was here. We are also going to a GREAT cocktail lounge that has a chocolatier on staff!

I'm excited! Should be a great time and worth the splurge. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and keep up the good work!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2007 6:03:04 PM
Author: neatfreak
Hi everyone just checking in for the day,

A fun time was had by all in Chicago yesterday and I managed to only eat one slice of stuffed pizza, and since it was veggie, I read online that it's about 500 cals. I was really good the rest of the day, not to mention how much we walked AND the fact that I took my dog out for a run before we left. So not such a bad day.

Today is a cheat day, although I did work out this morning.
36.gif
My friends are taking me out to a fantastic Spanish fusion restaurant here, and then we are having a little combined shower/bachelorette thing because my MOH is in town and most of my friends are here, so it was easier to do it now while she was here. We are also going to a GREAT cocktail lounge that has a chocolatier on staff!

I'm excited! Should be a great time and worth the splurge. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and keep up the good work!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
Have a great time!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
33.gif
31 hour cardio workouts; I hope that is the name of the dvd Lorelei. hehe good job!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2007 6:21:59 PM
Author: Skippy123
33.gif
31 hour cardio workouts; I hope that is the name of the dvd Lorelei. hehe good job!!!!
hehehe...
25.gif

Speaking of DVD's whilst working out, I am on the Brady Bunch season 2 at the moment.
16.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Lorelei, I was even doing the math on 31 hrs. The Brady Bunch is fun; I use to tell people I wanted my dream house to look just like the BB home when I was a kiddo!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sat. all. I''ve been reading along although not posting much here. with extended family in town there hasn''t been any gym time. we did rent a boat yesterday for 8 hours which included swimming, cliff jumping, more swimming etc. so i''m pretty sure i burned plently of calories. Did the usual magic moutain walk this am at the crazy hour of 5:45 so I could get back and make pancakes for everyone. spent the day cleaning and packing for our trip tomorrow.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We just got back from a few days in Denver. My husband was in a golf tournament bright and early today so we spent the night down there so he could get around early. My sister picked me up at the motel and we went over to my newphew’s house. My nephew and his wife have 3 little boys aged 3, 5 and 7 who are quite entertaining. All of us went shopping and had lunch at the noodle company. I had some mac and cheese that was wonderful, I need to look up their nutritional info - not that it does me any good right now but I am curious. For breakfast I had ½ of a bagel with a little cream cheese and for supper my husband and I split a bacon cheeseburger.
We looked at a few more jewelry stores today and my husband was pretty insistent that I get something. He bought a watch a few weeks ago on our anniversary so I think he wanted to get me something as well. I upgraded my sapphire earrings and sapphire bracelet. I love that you can do that! My trade-ins cut my end price almost in ½. Now I feel guilty but it took the pressure off my husband. Ha Ha. I changed some j hoop diamond / sapphire earrings for sapphire studs and bought a bracelet with more sapphire carat weight.
Rod, yes is it amazing how much change can take place in our bodies from hard work and discipline. I do not recognize myself in mirrors either. It does really freak me out. We walked around quite a bit today too; one of my feet is pretty sore but not too bad. I think I had a stress fracture in my right foot about 6 years ago and it’s irritated at that spot but not too bad. I put ice on it tonight.
Kimberly, thank you for the congratulations. I am glad you are feeling better today. It sounds like you are looking forward to Monday. Are you done with classes for the summer then?
Skippy, have fun painting this weekend and on your walk. I hope your knee continues to improve.
MB, that’s good you work off your Mocha Frappachino. My husband is a SB frequent customer. I don’t drink coffee but I miss my coke.
Mara, it sounds like you really put in a lot of hiking this weekend. That is great. Yeah for getting to sleep in. Thank you for updating the Who’s Who info. I went to read them about you and Skippy since I know you ladies from the WWT. It was fun to read them. Speaking of plants, that sounds like a good idea. I think I’ll go walk around our Botanic Gardens tomorrow for my walk.
Haven, that is wonderful you are doing so well and feeling great! Also, thank you for the congratulations on my weight loss.
Lorelei, you had some great workouts this week. Mmm to Krispy Kreme donuts.
Neatfreak, have a wonderful time at the bachelorette/shower party. It sounds really fun.
MrsSalvo, it sounds like your family is keeping you busy. I got to see my 3 little nephews this weekend. I think I burned calories just watching the little 3 year old running around.

Have a great Sunday.
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, how fun that you got to upgrade your sapphires! I hope you post pics of your new bling!

Yesterday DH and I went downtown for THe Police concert at Wrigley Field. We wanted to take the train in and then the El up to Wrigley Field, which we did...however we forgot about the fact that Taste of Chicago was still going on (we never go), and the trains were all packed. We could''ve driven and probably gotten there a lot faster, in the end the whole trip there took about 1.5 hours, whereas if we''d driven we probably could''ve parked and been done with it in 30-45 minutes. Oh well. We got in a lot of walking, and now I have some nice blisters on my pinky toes from the sandals I wore (should''ve taken a lesson from DeeJay, but they are comfy sandals! Who knew?) We bar-hopped around Wrigleyville a little and saw some fun karaoke at Cubby Bear, ate some appetizers at Bar Louie, and generally just enjoyed being in the area and having a few pre-concert cocktails. The concert was great, the whole stadium was packed, and it was a lot of fun!

Today we slept in til about 9:30 and then our day of yard work began. i helped DH get the garage organized and did a lot of misc. things outside, got a little sun which is always nice, then for dinner we grilled out and relaxed on the patio afterwards, it was a productive and very nice day although it was a little on the hot side for my taste!

Tomorrow we''re going to my in-laws while they''re out of town to take care of some of their to-do list for us...they''re older and have a weekly mowing service but they need things done like gutter cleaning and flower-watering that DH and I can do pretty easily. We may or may not go see a movie in the afternoon and then we''ll likely grill out again tomorrow night. I''m avoiding any serious walking (in tennis shoes) until these blisters heal, so hopefully my yardwork activity this weekend will counteract the cocktails I imbibed last night!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers!! hope everyone had a great saturday....!! visited the nursery this afternoon after my last post, and got some new plants and pots and moved some stuff around and planted some stuff on the patio...gave everything a good watering as well. for lunch greg and i had wraps with peppered turkey breast, garlic hummus, sliced red peppers and some fat free feta all wrapped up and cut in half. also some mini carrots. this held us over until dinner. we drove into SF (the mini's first trip!), parked at the restaurant, and walked about 1mile each way up this path across the street from the ocean. we would have walked longer but we only had about 50 minutes to walk before our dinner reservation...we left about 30 min later than we expected. it was okay though because my legs are still pretty sore from yesterday's walking and so i just wanted to get in something today to stretch the legs a bit and not do super exertion. we also saw this really cool old restored windmill in this small cute park. there are so many places out there we haven't really explored yet.

for dinner we ate at this awesome place we love, it's right across from the ocean and it's almost all windows so you pretty much have a fabulous view regardless, the restaurant is on the 2nd floor and the 1st floor is like a small history museum of that area of SF. i had asked for a window table when i made the ressie this AM and they had one for us which was great since they can get really packed. they are a brewery as well and greg LOVES their beers. unfortunately, it was pretty foggy along the coast so we didn't see a fabulous sunset or anything but it was nice to look at the ocean. overall though i am not a huge ocean fan, i know some people just love it and have to live near it but i have always had it and i never visit it much (greg likes it way more than me)...i even lived in santa cruz for a few years and visited the ocean maybe once. i guess we do go visit it a fair amount, but it's really never FOR the ocean, it's more like 'well lets go to this fab restaurant with this cool view...of the ocean'. hahaha. i'd be happy with a cool view of a valley or a beautiful park too probably. it's funny because greg was saying he's not super sure about moving away to a place where the ocean is 3-4 hours instead of 1 hour away, but i don't think i'd mind that much as long as there is other stuff for us to do instead. we are more about the experience of what we are doing and having an overall 'good experience' than one particular thing making or breaking it for us.

anyway, for dinner we split an ahi tuna tartare which was just wonderful...with 4 large sesame chips for scooping; a sweet white corn chowder soup drizzled with basil oil which was just divine; and then for dinner greg had fish and chips and i had a pan-roasted halibut that had been marinated in orange juice overnight and was served with a few small yukon chopped potatoes, cooked sliced orange marinated onions and cherry tomatoes. it was not that large so i ate every bit of it and it was VERY tasty. i had a piece of greg's fish too but it was surprisingly tasteless compared to my dinner which was funny since i typically love F&C but the halibut was a total winner flavor wise. for dessert...i wasn't really going to go for it, but then i started thinking about this place's specialty which is called the chocolate sandcastle...i don't recall us ever having it as it always sounded so intense but i thought that tonite it sounded good. it was basically a thin flourless chocolate torte, super rich and served with 2 shortbread chocolate thin cookies and drizzled all around the plate with caramel and chocolate and nuts. i asked for vanilla ice cream as well because man that's a lot of chocolate with nothing else to cut it. greg and i were having a convo and while we were talking he was drinking coffee so we were pretty engrossed, and then it was like DOH i ate the entire dessert. haa!!! but it was SO tasty and i definitely savored it. the funny part is that my entire meal was probably the same amount of cals as the dessert. oh well, i had only had about 450 cals til dinner for the day so i think i am still within my range for the day...esp with the little walk. this place always has 'very good' food, it really never disappoints which is great.

then greg drove the mini home, he is an awesome driver, and at some point he was going 100 on this long freeway road, i was like wooaah honey. he was like woops sorry got carried away, lol. so now we're just watching a bit of TV and it'll be bedtime soon.

tomorrow morning i am going to meet up with my mom and sister and do a 5m hike in the preserve (i might see if i can get them to go a little farther this time as i am not time constrained and it will be cooler in the morning!)...then greg and i are meeting up with our neighbors in the afternoon and heading to carmel (another town by the ocean lol, but about a 1.5 hour drive for us)....for some more walking around, boutiqe shopping, and catching dinner in the quaint downtown area. there is an awesome antique and replica jewelry store out there that i LOVE. i can't wait to show my girlfriend..the boys can go get coffees or something while we browse..
3.gif

anyhow, time for some couch snuggle time with greg and portia...hope everyone is looking fwd to an enjoyable sunday!!

monnie, your adventure last nite sounds fun hehee. though the blister does not! bah.
marcy, kudos for lots of walking around and yes the botanical garden sounds so fun.
lorelei, good to see you again missy and yum on the donuts! you know i love those things hehe.
rod, i know you guys are gone but hope you are having a fabulous time at the uber-hotel of fabulousness. hehe.
mrs salvo, gosh 5:45am walk, you are a trooper woman!
neatfreak, hope you had a really fun tasty dinner out!
DJ, hope you are doing well and staying busy.
kimberly, glad to hear you have more energy now thanks to the tasty steak...mmm. now that i am eating more protein i find myself actually CRAVING it more which is interesting. i want carbs less. don't quote me though, who knows how long that will last!
jeff, panera has all their nutritional information online which is great as there is one near my work so i catch lunch there sometimes.
skippy, how did the painting go (is going)...that is quite a mini workout there, i remember having to paint our guest room last year!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Marcy, I go to a non-traditional school online, so I take one accelarated class at a time for 22 months straight, when one ends another begins, so don''t get breaks, which is why I''m struggling. And I was informed that another requirement was added to my program so I had to double up on classes so as to not extend my program, so I''m now taking two classes at once which is a bit much when you add working summer school into the mix. Your trip to Denver sounds like a ton of fun...and a jewelry upgrade too!!

Rod, you guys should be getting back today...hope your trip was wonderful.

Monnie, sorry about the blister! I love Wrigleyville! How was the concert? I read a few articles that say Sting is being a bit of an ash towards the other two members of the band on stage and it''s made for some interesting shows.

Mara, your dinner sounds so yummy. Have a great walk at the reserve. The iron/protein has done me some good, I feel like my engine has been revved again.

Today we''ll probably go look at houses as usual. Just keeping an eye on what''s on the market. I''ll exercise this morning and I''m making some sort of dinner tonight.

Have a fantastic day all.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Things have been going well since I got back home.

Yesterday morning DH had a friend over to watch the opening of the Tour de France. We invited our neighbors as well, and DH made yummy crepes. I resisted the nutella and just had fruit (but with a bit of whipped cream).

Yesterday I got a good hour long Firm workout in. I moved up my weights for all exercises . . . they recommend you start with 3 lbs. 5 lbs. and 8 lbs., but now my set is 5 lbs., 8 lbs., and 10 lbs. I was definitely pushed on some of the exercises, which is good. My question is . . . what do I do when I''m no longer pushed using these weights? I don''t want to become some monstrous body-builder type, but I also know how it can feel to use weights that become too easy for you. But there must be a limit to what I can lift so I guess maybe I''ll just add more reps than the video does.

I spent some time with my neighbor yesterday, who told me that she''s afraid that her 11 year old daughter isn''t exercising but doesn''t want to push her, lest she just resist and rebel all the more. So last night they came over (to watch the video that RotoRooter made of our sewer system . . . no joke, I couldn''t believe they wanted to see it but they''re afraid their pipes are in the same shape), and the 11 year old asked me if she could go on my walk with me today. So I said sure.

The first thing she said when we started our walk this morning was, "So . . . you do this because it''s . . . refreshing?" So I got to explain about how I was never motivated to exercise but was slowly gaining weight year after year. We have similar personalities and I''m not a parent figure so I hope I was a good example without being overbearing. We went 2.4 miles in 45 minutes. I didn''t feel like I was working at all, so after I dropped her off I went 3.75 more miles in almost an hour. I felt really strong.

DH and then I tried out a new Mexican place for lunch. The food tasted good but definitely wasn''t healthy, but I have to remember not to be a monk and that sometimes it''s ok to stray a little from the normal diet, especially after walking 6 miles (plus 1.4 miles to and from lunch).

Well, this afternoon will involve scrubbing down the basement (related to our sewage problems . . . let''s not go into details). I need to get it clean so I can exercise tomorrow. Unfortunately the problem is roots in the pipes on the city side, so RotoRooter was only able to clear the obstruction about 40%. I hope it won''t be too much of a bureaucratic nightmare to get them to do something about it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday.
36.gif
I’m taking it easy today since it is the last day of my 5 day weekend. It sure was fun while it lasted. I made pancakes for breakfast. I cooked some bacon for my husband to have with his pancakes and I had some cool whip with fresh peaches on my pancake. For lunch we’re having baked potatoes, salad and grilled sirloin steak. Monarch, I posted photos of my sapphire bracelet. They have to mail the earrings to me because the screw back mounts kind of hurt one of my ears. They are going to reset the stones in regular push on post earrings. I hope your blisters heal soon. Did you enjoy the Police concert? My husband went to their concert in Denver a few weeks ago. He enjoyed it.
Mara, your trip to SF sounds marvelous. The restaurant with an ocean view would be a dream dinner date for us. Of course we’d have to drive a long time to get there. The chocolate dessert sounds yummy.
Kimberly, accelerated courses are intense; taking 2 at once will be a lot of work. Sorry to hear you don’t get a break between them either. Of course you get through it a lot quicker so there is some good associated with your efforts. Have fun house hunting.
Have a great day. \
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

I think I am giving up step. I thought about it and I think it might be too hard on my knees. In fact their are lots of diehards that have 2 or 3 knee surgery's and still do step. I asked on of them why they do it and she said because she loves it. It is fun but I think that is maybe part of my problem. I think I might just do it a couple of times a month.

I think I will try the ellip out? How do you use that thing? I have tried but I can't get the smooth motion down. I will keep walking and hiking. Tonight I am going for a walk.

Oh, I forgot to tell you I didn't paint because it has been raining and I don't want the paint to take forever to dry and be all smelly. We will save it for another weekend when it isn't too humid.

Mara that is funny that Greg was like "oh, I didn't know I was going 100." Lol!
Marcy, yeah for new sapphires and your trip!
Kimberly, wow, that is a lot of classes and work. It hopefully will fly by soon.
Monnie, hope your blister heals quick.
Dee, how is your leg? I hope it is healing!!!
Rod, I am dying to here how your getaway turned out. I am sure super wonderful!
Mrs Salvo, wow, you sound busy! Glad you got your hike in!

Happy Sunday!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
sounds like everyone is having a great weekend! i''ve been very active the past few days, which is great - biked for 40 minutes on friday, horseback riding and biking again on saturday, and today we kayaked for almost 2 hours. i really like the kayak cause it works my arms, unlike most of the exercise i do, plus it is fun! they are having free kayak rentals at the park next sunday, so i think i''ll be doing it again then.

today for breakfast i made cottage cheese/oatmeal/egg white pancakes, which i didn''t like plain but were pretty good with a little maple syrup and packed with protein and fiber. we were famished after kayaking, so we stopped to get falafel and tabbouli sandwiches, and i also had a fresh lemonade made with a whole lemon plus half an orange for a little sweetness, delish! not sure about the dinner plan yet (though it will be light since lunch was my "big meal" already), but i will definitely be having some slow churned ice cream for dessert - it''s almost 100 here today and ice cream sounds amazing!

skippy, sorry to hear that you need to give up step, i know you love it, but it''s no fun to have bad knees!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Skippy!

Had to come back out of lurkdom for this one... Sorry about having to give up step...I know how fun it is... but your knees are far more important. Give yourself a long break from it and heal that knee until it feels completely normal to you. Then take a class or two and see how it feels. You''ll know right away...

On the elliptical - it sounds like maybe you just need some more practice? One thing that helps me is to keep my knees somewhat bent and stay low...think of watching an accomplished horse rider...their upper body is steady while their legs are moving and absorbing the shock. That may help you achieve a more smooth motion.

Hoot, hoot...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2007 3:10:36 PM
Author: Peachy
Hi Skippy!

Had to come back out of lurkdom for this one... Sorry about having to give up step...I know how fun it is... but your knees are far more important. Give yourself a long break from it and heal that knee until it feels completely normal to you. Then take a class or two and see how it feels. You''ll know right away...

On the elliptical - it sounds like maybe you just need some more practice? One thing that helps me is to keep my knees somewhat bent and stay low...think of watching an accomplished horse rider...their upper body is steady while their legs are moving and absorbing the shock. That may help you achieve a more smooth motion.

Hoot, hoot...
Wooting you right back Peachy - good to see ya!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 3:10:36 PM
Author: Peachy
Hi Skippy!

Hoot, hoot...

Peachy, I miss you please come back. Okay, I am glad you are around and whooooo hoooooo too. hehehe
2.gif

Thanks for popping in.

Thanks Shortblond.

Okay, I will try bending my knees; wow, the elliptical is hard!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so many posts since we''ve been gone!!

Mara, the Orange Vanilla Frap at Sbucks was too sweet IMHO. I was hoping it would taste like a dreamcicle, but it just didn''t do it for me. Fortunately, I got to taste it when they were giving samples out when it first came out. The new flavor I think you''re thinking of is Raspberry Mocha Frapuccino. I haven''t had one though, as I''ve pretty much cut fraps out of my diet. Your weekend sounded great as usual!

Skippy (though after reading about you, I understand it''s Stephanie, which is such a pretty name and you shoudl use your real name!) if step is hurting your knee''s, you are wise to do it less or even give it up. There''s nothing to be gained from hurting yourself. And you know I''m a big big big fan of the elliptical. At first I was not too steady, but once you get going you''ll get the hang of it and it''s such a terrific machine that works your upper and lower body. For me, the elliptical is to exercise my heart and I work really hard to keep my heart rate in my maximum to high end of my heart rate for my age, which is in the low 150''s. So, for 35 minutes (5 times a week), I pedal as hard as I have to to keep my heart rate in the 150''s which tranlates to traveling about 4.5 miles and burning in excess of 550 calories. That''s pretty intense though and most people don''t usually push it that hard. Good luck and if you need any help let us know!!

So glad you feel better Kimberly and how thoughtful of John to make home made french fries for you. I know it''s one of your favorite indulgences!!

Haven, Myoplex products are good quality. I have a box of their protein bars (the lite version) in my desk drawer and will eat one before a workout if I''m feeling a little sluggish. I''m not familiar with the other product you questioned.

Good for you doing three one hour cardio sessions Lorelei. And even at 52 years of age, I was able to read the teeny tiny print about you eating TWO KRISPY KREME DONUTS. In Men''s Health and Fitness, they often tell you how long you''d have to exercise and what type of exercise you''d have to do to negate the effects of such an inulgence. I shudder to think of what torture they''d recommend for that??!! I hope you enjoyed them though.........

Mrssalvo, sounds like you''re being quite active, which is surely burning calories. Enjoy your extended family visit!!

Congrats on the upgrades for your Anniversary Marcy!! Sounds like you had a great time and how nice of hubby to relieve his spending guilt in such a generous fashion............LOL

Yay for sleeping in Monnie. Sounds like you''ve been busy and I hope you enjoyed the Police Concert!! Sorry about the blister though. How are things going on the job hunting front? Have you been keeping up with the Comic Strip where the husband was laid off? It''s really funny and so so true.

Phoenix, good for you helping to motivate your neighbor''s daughter. I wish someone had shown me the value of exercise when I was younger. But, I probably wouldn''t have listened even if they had. I think you just have to want to be healthy and you have to find that from deep within. Plus young people feel so invicible and the grim reapers is eons away for them.

So, yesterday we got up and had a normal morning, albeit earlier than I like on a Saturday AM, but we wanted to workout before we left town. So, we went to the gym and had really good strong workouts. Then we had protein shakes as a meal replacement for lunch, came home and dropped off our gym stuff and headed to the Ritz. The weather couldn''t have been nicer if we had ordered it. It was warm, but the sky was blue with puffy clouds and not a drop of rain or thunder or lightnining. The Ritz is a lovely hotel. As upscale as one would imagine. The room was very nice, with a lovely view of the pool and spa and Sarasota Bay, which is a beautiful body of water. We changed into swimming trunks and headed to the pool as soon as got settled. We had a bloody mary (at least it had some vegetable juice - LOL) with the traditional celery stick and we read under beautiful and breezy skies. We then headed back up, showered and changed for dinner. We had made reservations at one our favorite restaurants in Sarasota called Michaels on East. We had eaten there the year the restaurant opened, so when we arrived and found out they were celebrating their 20th Anniversary, it made us feel a tad older. But it''s a fabulous restaurant, even though it''s not on the water and has no view or anything. I had hoped to have a Maine Lobster, but when we arrived they had just served the last lobster they had, so we had a spinach and oyster salad as an appetizer (so yummy and unusual to combine oysters and spinach) and I had a perfectly prepared 9 oz, filet and Charlie had a Diver Scallop and Thai noodle dish that was absolutely perfect. We also had a side of creamed spinach, which is something I just love. We had eaten a bit of bread before dinner, so neither of us was really in the mood for dessert and surprise, there''s a Starbucks just outside the restaurant, so we opted to just go have a cup of coffee and enjoy the sunset and lovely breezes. Oh, and we drank an entire bottle of Hahn Merlot with dinner. I don''t usually drink that much, but it was pretty easy to polish off a whole bottle of wine.

From there we went back to the room and just sat on the balcony and watched boats return home and wound up hitting ths sack pretty early. I expected a very luxurious bed for a room that cost over $375/night but I''m afraid it was not nearly as comfortable as my Tempurpedic mattress at home. In fact, it wasn''t really comfortable at all, so I was a bit disappointed in the bed quality. But everything else about the room was nice. Our package included breakfast, so this morning we got up and went to their lovely restaurant, and had the buffet. For whatever reason, breakfast food just doesn''t really appeal to me very much anymore. I had Egg''s Benedict, which was prepared perfectly, two slices of nice think bacon, one helping of potatoes and a bowl of fresh fruit. To be honest with you, I enjoyed the fresh fruit more than the breakfast food. Still, it was a very nice experience and the service and setting were just beautiful and elegant.

Then we checked out, headed home, unpacked, and went directly to the gym to work off any extra calories we took in over our day at the Ritz. But, I''m thinking I didn''t overdo it too much, so I''m not feeling any guilt, that''s for sure. We had a great workout this afternoon, and then went to the store to get salad fixings for dinner.

We''re just relaxing now with the kitties. We have a really busy week ahead. My new staff of Jr. Recruiters I hired all start tomorrow and I have a lot training to go through with them to get them up to speed.

I hope you all had terrific weekends and are looking forward to a nice week.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never posted in the workout threads before, but I just HAD to tell somebody my awesome news! I broke down and bought the Turbo Jam workouts after trying and loving one of them when it was OnDemand (digital cable thing) for free. Well, I decided to do the 10 day Turbo Slim program, basically an eating plan + workout schedule. I just finished day TWO and as I was getting ready for bed I caught a look at myself in the mirror and immediately thought "woah, my thighs look smaller". At first I thought it must all be in my head, but I took the measuring tape out and I''ve lost 3/4" off of each! In TWO DAYS!!!! I can''t wait to see my results on the morning of Day 11!
36.gif

Oh, and for anyone wondering I LOVE the turbo jam workouts. It''s the first 45 minute cardio tape I''ve found that has me disgustingly sweaty by the end without me ever wanting to quit before it''s done. AND, it''s obviously getting me results. Yippee!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results