shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th Jan till 3rd Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all! I made it to the gym today for the first time since Monday. I've been trying to do the treadmill every other time rather than just the elliptical and I'm starting to enjoy it a little more.

Looking back at my calendar I worked out 9 times in January. For you hard core worker-outers I'm sure that's nothing, but I was glad to see it when I counted up the times. I think my goal will be a minimum of at least 10 times per month, but hopefully more.

We got dumped on with a ton of snow last night. The mutts are LOVING it... me... not so much, LOL. Especially since I've got clients to take out tonight, all day tomorrow, and an open house on Sunday. What a sloppy mess the streets and sidewalks are! I try to look at least a little presentable when I'm out with clients (i.e., no jeans) but I only have one pair of pants that are machine washable rather than dry clean and they are sure getting a work-out in this weather...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday All,

This cold......I''m dubbing it the bouncer. It bounces from my chest to my head and now from my head back to my chest. It''s not awful or anything, but I want it gone already. I''m just feeling rather poopy all around, mentally and physically. I had a company call today and they have a possible position for me. It''s not really the level I''m looking for, but would be something I can do and do well. So, nothing really yet, but at least it was some interest. I''m glad today is a day off from the gym as I don''t think I could muster the strength to tackle a workout today. I hope I''m feeling more up to it tomorrow. We''ll see. Everybody is gone from the Tampa office where we worked now, except Charlie. Poor thing, he''s in 2500 square feet of space all by himself and he says he doesn''t really have much to do. But we need the income, so he''ll stay the next 4 weeks to get his severance package. The whole thing still sucks, but such is life............ I''ll be meeting Charlie in a little while for Sushi, so that''s a good thing. Not much else to report today.

I know you don''t consider yourself a saint Kimberly, but the patience and love you show those children is very special none-the-less. I hope you''re feeling better today, ribbit.........

Lorelei......YAYAYAYAY for the $1,000 PS Prize. No one deserves it more than you do!!! I can''t wait to see what you spend the money on!!!

Yummmmm Marcy for Brownies Marcy. I''m afraid I could not stop at just a little bite. Chocolate is one of my vices........Good for you waling on the TD for 21 minutes. Someday you''ll look back and think that 21 minutes was nothing!! You keep it up girl!!

SB, I hope you get home and don''t catch something. Traveling during the winter months can be a challenge to say the least. Take care!!

Gail, I''m sure you''ll sort out your work issues and get back into your workout routine. It''s something how our jobs (or even lack of jobs) has such a profound and dramatic affect on our lives. Warm thoughts to you through these troubled times for sure.......

Thanks for the well wishes CJ. I hope you thoroughy enjoyed Nobu!!

Yay, it''s warm Skippy. I hope you got to take advantage of the nice temps and get your "power" walk in. Thanks for the well wishes too!!

Julianna, my back used to be 94 going on 115. I am such a Core zealot now and since I bought a book called Core Performance Essentials, by Mark Verstegen, I have NO back problems whatsoever. I used to have to go to the chiropractor no less than 3 times a week, sometimes more often. Since adopting many of the routines described in this book, I haven''t been to the chiro in almost 2 years!! You might want to pick up a copy at your local Borders, or Barnes and Noble.

How fantastic that you''ve lost 5.8 pounds in a week and are down 12 pounds SDL!!! Keep up the good work!!

I''m sorry you hurt your finger somethingshiny and I hope it heals quickly.

I''m sure the snow is pretty DeeJay, but man do I not miss the mess. I hope you get around OK. Good for you making it to the gym today!!

I guess that''s about all for now. I''ll check in later. Have a good Friday night everone!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to say hello.

Rod, I am so sorry you aren''t feeling well still. Please be sure you don''t go into bronchitis like I did. Are you drinking plenty of fluids??? I love tea with a tad of honey and lemon.

Michelle: YAY for losing 12 pounds, I am SO proud of you.

I will check back in later.

Oh I got on the scale this morning and what a surprise, I have lost 5% more of body fat. OK, I am a dummy here, is that because I stay away from sweets??????? I am just wondering how that body fat thingy works. Just call me a dingy senior citizen here. ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
SDL, that is awesome! Man, you''ve lost more in a month than I have in a year. I applaud you!
Rod, feel better soon. Take the time you need to rest up - the gym will be there next week too :)

Horrible workout today - I was running along, just fine on the treadmill and after 20 min started sneezing a lot and feeling itchy. Looked in the mirror and my eyes had swollen up big time. I looked like I had been crying for 24 hours or something. It was very scary. I don''t have any food allergies or anything and hadn''t done anything especially unusual before the gym. Had to call DH to bring me benadryl and drive me home, since I was feeling too shaky to drive. The gals at the gym were really helpful, but we were all freaked out. I looked really scary. If it had been much worse I might have needed to go to the ER for epinephren - thankfully I was OK. Still looking scary in the eyes though! And, spoiled my workout for the day
7.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda. I am prone to bronchitis, but so far this hasn't turned to that. And yes sis, I'm drinking lot's of fluids. Promise! And a big YAY for losing 5% more body fat. You go Linda!!

Gail, I hope you're ok. I'm sure you were scared when you saw your eyes all swollen. I hope you figure out what you're allergic to that caused that. It's good your hubby was able to come rescue you. I wonder if it's at all tied to the stress you're feeling about work? Stress can do bad things. Anyway, you take care. Here's a cyber hug from your pal Rod.

We had a nice Sushi dinner, which we both kind of sniffled through, but the food was excellent as usual. We then had our natural tart frozen yogurt (I had green tea with fresh blueberries and Charlie had pink grapefruit with fresh strawberries), followed by coffee under the oak. It turned cooler this evening, so we brought sweaters along. Now it's just 8:30 and we're all curled up on the sofa with HGTV and kitties in our laps. I love the show Moonlighting (about a good vampire) which is on at 9 PM Eastern. After that, since we're both still under the weather, we'll take a nice dose of Nyquil and knock ourselves out. Hopefully tomorrow, we'll be feeling better.

I'm shutting the system down for the night, so I won't check again until tomorrow. So, have a nice night everyone!

golden

Shiny_Rock
UGH! So I ate very light today because I wope up late. Breakfast was an english muffin with butter and 1 banana and about a cup of strawberries sliced and mixed. I had low fat coffee cakes for for a snack. By dinner time I was starving and there just wasn''t much in the house that I REALLY wanted. SO....ERRR I had pizza and some french fries. This is the worst I have eaten in a month. Honestly, I am not going to beat myself up over it and I am getting on the treadmill in 20 minutes and I am going to really work it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Yippee for the weekend finally arriving.
Julianna, “SNERK.” LOL! Yes, the exercises were to build my knee muscles. I used strap on ankle weights and did straight leg lifts. It helped a lot. They’d have to put me in traction if I tried the triangle.
Shortblonde, sorry to hear you are getting a cold. I hope you get better and that you got home okay in spite of the weather.
Kimi, sorry you are "froggy" today. I hope you feel better and enjoyed a nice dinner.
TanDogMom, I hope work and workouts both get on track for you. Sorry to hear about your reaction to something – that is really strange. I hope your eye gets better.
CrownJewel, restaurant week? That’s got to be fattening.
Skippy, I have very thick hair too. I have to layer it or I look “bushy”. I hope you had a nice walk today.
SanDiegoLady, congratulations on losing 5.8 pounds.
Somethingshiny, sorry to hear about bending your finger. I am always doing things to my hand – often with knives. I think my husband is going to start locking up our knives when he goes out of town. I think I will shot for 20 minutes every other day on the TM and see how I do.
DeeJay, I figured you got a lot of snow where you lived. Good luck with your house showings this weekend.
Rod, sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly today. Yay for someone being interested in you even though it’s not the position you want. I am glad your dinner was great tonight.
Linda, yay for loosing more body fat.
Golden, no worries on eating pizza and French fries. Yay for walking on the TM.
Well, have a great evening.
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I had such a good day today. I filed our taxes and was pleasantly surprised at our refund. I''ve got plans for a new mattress. I''m thinking one of those memory foam deals. Anyone have one?

DeeJay 9 workouts is more than I did in the year 2007!

Rod I''m sorry you''re feeling so terrible. Maybe it''s the sushi..yucky...?

Linda How do you know how much body fat you lost??

TanDogMom I suffer from terrible allergies, and many times it''s from hair products. Even if you haven''t switched anything, if someone who was on the treadmill before you adjusted their ponytail and touched the grip, they could have left residue that you would have picked up. Hope you figure out what it is.

Golden I call that a good day!

Marcy 20 minutes sounds like a good workout to me! Somehow, I''m always wrecking my hands. I break fingers, get cuts and burns. In fact today, I thought instead of mincing my garlic with my knife, I''d use a grater. So, first thing I did was rake my finger across the blade instead of the garlic. So, I ended up using the knife anyway. My friend has these super-duper heat resistant oven mitts that go up to her elbows. i need them for food preparation and cooking.

Have a great tomorrow, everyone!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS,

I have a scale that shows it. It shows how much weight I have lost, plus body fat. I guess it is from not eating much sugar?? I don''t know, but it is coming off more then the weight is.

Linda

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Linda I''ve never heard of a scale like that. But, if it shows body fat coming off, doesn''t it give you a lot of incentive and accomplishment?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS,

Here is the scale I have. I bought it at Macys.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=181276&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best part about Friday evenings when my DH isn’t home is I can get almost ALL of my weekend chores done so I have more time to play the rest of the weekend. My house is clean, the bed has clean sheets and most of the laundry done. Life is good.
36.gif
My husband will be home in the morning.

Somethingshiny, how exciting you are getting a refund. I hope we fair as well but usually we owe a nice chunk of change. Rats. I am allergic to the universe so I can identify with you on that as well as needing long mitts to protect myself. I burn myself, cut myself and run in to things all the time.

Linda, I don’t know why the body fat is coming off you but I am excited to hear it is. When we bought our scale we looked at the one’s that show you body fat but at the time neither of us wanted to know.

Well, I must get to bed. I hope I can sleep in; that would be a delightful treat.
Have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gail/TDM, hope everything is ok. Allergic reactions are scary...I hope you get to the bottom of what happened today. Til then rest well, my friend.

Life in Monnie-land is very snowy and cold...DH and I tackled the inevitable task of snow removal today, he used the snowblower and I shoveled (I think I got the harder end of the deal) the front steps and the back deck. That''s ok...I needed the exercise! I completely bundled myself up in a down coat, mittens, ear wrap, snowboots, etc., and by the time I finished (took me 20 minutes to do both) I was sweating! I came inside and put away all my "snowclothes" and sat down on the couch to discover I needed to change clothes not because I was wet from snow, but from sweat, LOL!

Job searching is more of a priority here right now than health/fitness, but DH and I are both trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I speak from personal experience when I say it is much harder to lose a job in the middle of a midwestern winter than in the warmer months. I can''t just get out and take a walk like I did last summer when I got laid off...this whole thing is challenging every way I look at it. Cabin fever abounds! We will be going out to a bar we used to frequent for the Superbowl this Sunday, which will be the first time we''ve been out socially since we both lost our jobs. We''re looking forward to it, but also apprehensive since we''ve only told our families and two friends (our MOH and Best Man from our wedding) the current state of our employment. It will be strange to deal with our usual circle and not be able to talk about what''s truly going on in our lives...but it will be good for us to get out and about and not be at home worrying about anything but the outcome of a football game.

Hope everyone is doing well...I''m trying to keep up with reading the posts here as usual! Take care!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ribbit!

So my voice is even froggier today and I slept 11 hours last night (no nap yesterday). John made delicious italian sausage and white bean soup for dinner, it hit the spot! I''m going to eat breakfast and then exercise this morning.

Somethingshiny we''re in the market for a new mattress too; in fact, we''re going shopping today. It''s our late Christmas present to one another. I don''t know anything about the memory foam mattress though.

Rod, I''m sorry you still aren''t feeling so well but glad you had a nice dinner.

Linda, I have a scale that calculates body fat percentages, but I don''t believe mine. It changes drastically on a daily basis. That''s not to say yours isn''t accurate, mine is a cheapy from a big box store and I don''t even use it. I use DHs scale, I''ve just been to lazy to trade them.

Glad all your chores are done, marcy!

Monnie, enjoy watching the super bowl at your old haunt. Should be a good time! Hopefully you''ll get to spend a few hours not thinking about all the stuff that is going on in your life.

~K

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Welcome weekend!!

Linda Thanks for the link. I have to look into the way it works, because right now, I don''t get it. But, if it works, I can see great benefits for me. I''ve not lost weight since I started working out, but my clothes fit differently so I''d like to be able to pinpoint the changes.

Marcy DH says I need to be wrapped in bubble wrap...hmmm..that gives me an idea
31.gif

Monnie Enjoy your Superbowl party! BTW-for any one placing bets, I''m going with the Patriots.

Kimberly Please let me know what you find out mattress shopping. We may be going tomorrow, but I''d like to be able to narrow down what we''re looking for before we begin. We actually got a new king size mattress 2 years ago. It''s a regular pillow-top, innerspring mattress. I was pregnant when we were looking and it was comfortable then, but since not being pregnant, it''s miserable. I always wake up with a backache, frequent headaches, and my arms go numb during the night. (and this was a "good" mattress, so I''m very peeved at the money that''s been thrown away) We looked at those sleep number beds, but our numbers were the same (during the store''s demo) so we figure there''s no need to spend thousands on one of those.

My bro and SIL''s baby is due any day now, so we''re all very excited. I''m just thinking what it would be like if she has the baby today. A groundhog baby...weird....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. I am going to make meat loaf and baked potatoes for supper. I’ll figure out all the calories of what I put in it and eat accordingly. I wanted something to bake in the oven (maybe it will warm up the house).
Monnie, your snow shoveling sounds like quite a workout. We are just cold we didn’t get much snow here. I hope you have fun at the bar watching the Superbowl. You might mention in passing to your friends you are looking for jobs; you never know who might have a great lead for you.
Kimi, “Ribbit” too funny or should I say “SNERK”. I take it you are not feeling much better today. Sleeping 11 hours sounds great and probably helped your cold.
Somethingshiny, yay for your clothes fitting different. My husband has often suggested bubble wrap for me too. I am embarrassed to admit this but just this week I cut up 4 fingers with a knife I dropped down the garbage disposal (3 of them are just knicked), dropped the camera and bent up the USB cord and then I tried nasal wash to clear my sinuses but did it wrong so moved stuff from my head to my chest. He thinks I do this stuff when he’s out of town so he’ll feel bad and come home earlier. Of course it doesn’t explain why I do things like that when he’s home. I can at least say it’s because I’m blonde. Tee hee. Yay for the soon arrival of your niece or nephew.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. See you later.
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 2:35:30 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Kimberly Please let me know what you find out mattress shopping. We may be going tomorrow, but I''d like to be able to narrow down what we''re looking for before we begin. We actually got a new king size mattress 2 years ago. It''s a regular pillow-top, innerspring mattress. I was pregnant when we were looking and it was comfortable then, but since not being pregnant, it''s miserable. I always wake up with a backache, frequent headaches, and my arms go numb during the night. (and this was a ''good'' mattress, so I''m very peeved at the money that''s been thrown away) We looked at those sleep number beds, but our numbers were the same (during the store''s demo) so we figure there''s no need to spend thousands on one of those.
Somethingshiny, we''re on our way out the door. Interesting about pillow tops, I''ve heard not so great things about them. I''ve also heard that tempurpedics (sp?) tend to make people hot. I sleep warm (I''ll freeze all day, go to sleep and kick off all the blankets even though the house is 60 degrees) so matresses like those, which I think would include foam mattresses aren''t going to be an option either. I don''t want to spend more than $1000 so we''ll see what we wind up with. Perhaps nothing but a shopping trip today.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Howdy, got back from a 4 mile walk
9.gif
Boy do I love walking; it is very mind clearing and energizing!!! It was nice out, so I met up w/my cousin and we walked 4 miles in 1hr; hopefully we will get faster for the 1/2 marathon we want to do. hehe Also, earlier this morning DH and I went to REI and Home Depot to run errands. Tonight it is Pizza Queen Pizza (that is what hubby calls it when I make my homemade pizza, silly guy).
2.gif
I also rented Eastern Promises to watch so I will see how that is.

Tomorrow my cousin invited us over to watch the game since she has a huge tv, but hubby and I really aren't into football so we might just stop by to say hello for an hour. Also, we want to grill up some burgers and chicken since it seems to have warmed enough; I love making extra for leftovers. Have a great weekend WWT friends
35.gif

Deejay, yay for treadmill! Cute about the doggies loving the snow! Be careful in the snow and hope you sell sell sell, yay. Glad the Demon is better.

Rod, glad you enjoyed your sushi! Are you feeling better today. Gosh i am glad a company called yesterday, it is always good to have a back up possiblity. Hope you and Charlie are feeling better, giant hug sweetie! Poor Charlie all alone at the company.

LindaW, hey ya and glad you lost 5%, you are one hot momma! Whoo hooo, awesome job!

Gail, I hope you are feeling better, I try and carry benadryl w/me when working out. I am so sorry, how scary!!! What a sweet hubby!

Golden, you will do better, yay for the walk!

Somethingshiny, yay for finishing your taxes. I have the Tempurpedic and love it; here is a thread w/info on it I think they are pricey but it was so worth it to me because we bought a Sealy for about $1K and hated it after 2 years and I was sleeping on the floor because of the Sealy and hubby thought it was silly so we ended up w/the Tempurpedic and I love it. I think people either love it or don't so you have to try them out.

Marcy, you keep melting the fat away! YAY, do you have a goal weight in mind? Awesome for all the chores; great feeling I bet!!!

Monnie, keeping you and your DH in my prayers and thoughts; enjoy your day out w/friends and football! it is good to see you!!!

Kimi, yum your dinner sounds good! Have a great workout and fun shopping! Hope you feel better soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi and Somethingshiny, when we were shopping for a new mattress 2 years ago we had a lot of people tell us the memory foam tops break down really fast. We ended up getting an old fashioned pillow top Simmons posturepedic and have liked it so far.
Skippy, yay for a fun and healthy walk. Pizza Queen – too funny. Good idea to grill up extra food for the week. I want to loose 2 more pounds first so I’ll just be overweight. Yippee. After that I will want to loose about 14 more pounds and I’ll be exactly ½ of what I used to weigh. At that point I will want to loose 10 to 15 more pounds. So I have 3 more goals to reach.
36.gif
Then who knows what I''ll decide to do.

I am STARVING so I wish my meatloaf would get done. I had a Marcy McMuffin for BF for about 250 cals, I ate some grapes and raw veggies and was still hungry so had 100 cals worth of baked lays. It’s always a good sign when I am really hungry as I usually loosing weight. I bought some vanilla slow churned today so maybe I’ll have a small sundae tonight with a few chocolate chips on top.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 4:56:49 PM
Author: marcyc
Kimi and Somethingshiny, when we were shopping for a new mattress 2 years ago we had a lot of people tell us the memory foam tops break down really fast. We ended up getting an old fashioned pillow top Simmons posturepedic and have liked it so far.
Really??? We have had ours 5 or 6 years and it is still great. Was it the Tempurpedic brand? My foam still has memory and I love it. I had read in consumer reports people have strong opinions on them (either love them or don't). They are different. hehe

You will reach your goals! Yay you are doing awesome, enjoy your meatloaf
3.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the well wishes - i did manage to get home last night, hooray! i went to bed soon after i got home and slept for 12 hours, i was so exhausted. i'm still feeling icky from my cold and have spent the day on the sofa in my pj's, napping on and off. i am supposed to go to a superbowl party tomorrow but won't if i'm not feeling better.

have a great weekend.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy I think we''re kindred spirits! Everyone teases me about my need for protection with whatever I''m doing. My BFF won''t even let me borrow a white shirt because she says I''ll just bleed on it...I probably would. I''m glad you''re reaching your goals! If you don''t mind me asking, when did you start your current fitness routine?

Kim I''ve heard that with the new foams, you don''t get hot. But, that is a huge concern of ours. We''re both hot sleepers. And, we''re both big people, so I don''t want it breaking down quickly.

Skippy I didn''t know you were doing a 1/2 marathon. Good for you! If we go with a foam mattress, I think we''ll try to find something cheaper than the Tempurpedic.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Back from mattress shopping and we''ve settled on a Serta Eurotop. It won a consumer report award. Thicker than a pillowtop, seems nice. We''ll see. My aunt and her husband bought a tempurpedic and she woke up sweating every night. She was so upset because of the $$ they spent. We stopped at our favorite veggie stand on the way home and picked up a bunch of stuff. Then we went and picked out a tree in honor of J''s mom (she passed away a year ago today). I think we''ll go out to dinner tonight.

Have a good rest of the day all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone..........

We had a nice Saturday. It was a beautiful morning, so we got to enjoy our coffee, scone and fresh fruit on the terrace. Then Charlie gave us both haircuts (he cuts his own hair), followed by lunch at the little deli we've adopted on Saturday's, then coffee under the oak. There were so many people enjoying the fabulous weather and we wound up spending way more time at Sbucks than we expected, but we enjoyed visiting. Finally around 4 PM we decided we'd better go to the gym or skip it. So we went and we're both really glad we did. We had full workouts (1.5 hours of weights followed by 35 minutes on the elliptical). We were both feeling a little better today, now 100%, but certainly better than we've felt the last few days, so it was a better workout as a result. Then we had dinner at our little diner, where I had a Bison Burger, which is supposed to be much lower in fat than hamburger and higher in protein. Whatever, it was fantastic. Sometimes there's just nothing like a good 'ol juicy burger. We also split a spinach salad as our side dish. Then we walked up the street to Sbucks and had a cup of decaf. Now we're home and watching Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. All in all it was a very nice Saturday.

Kimberly, Charlie sounds like a frog too, so I've been calling him Ribbit all day! I hope you're feeling better.

Somethingshiny, I'm a HUGE Tempurpedic fan. We did drop a pretty penny on the mattress, but we've had some pretty expensive mattresses and this is the absolute most comfortable thing I've EVER slept on. We even had the Sleep Number Bed (well, we still do as it's in the guest room - king size no less) and the Tempurpedic is so much more comfortable to me. And I have heard people complain about it being a hot mattress. We've never felt hot sleeping on ours and I figure Florida is a warm place, so if any climate might make it hot to sleep on, ours would. We have the Celebrity version which is thicker and has somewhat of a pillowtop design and has a thicker covering. Maybe that's why ours isn't hot to sleep on. And on the breaking down issue, I can't comment about all foam mattresses, but We've seen absolutely no degradation of our Tempurpedic after more than 2 years and we know other's who have Tempurpedics and they've had no foam loss either.

Monnie, I'm sorry you've got cabin fever and are job hunting at the same time. I hope you enjoy meeting your friends for the Superbowl tomorrow. Of course openbook Rod tells virtual strangers we were laid off, but I've also told our friends and find it actually helps. Of course you and HH should do what feels best to you, but I wouldn't hide it from your friends. And your friends just might know about some opportunity for one or both of you. You migth be surprised to learn that it feels good to let people know. Anyway, we're rooting for you and HH, you know we are!

Enjoy your Meatloaf Marcy. That's certainly comfort food to the max!!

WOW, a 4 mile walk is terrific Skippy!! I'm glad the weather was so cooperative for you. It certainly was for us as well!! I hope you had a great dinner you Pizza Queen you!! We're not into football either. We figure the gym will be deserted during the game, so it wil be a great day for a workout! Enjoy your cookout tomorrow!!

I'm glad you made it home OK SB. I'm sorry you're cold has you down. Seems to be a common "thread" (pun intended) around here lately. Take care and feel better soon.

That's about all I have for the day, so I'm going to sign off the night and hope everyone who is healthy and cold-free stays healthy and cold-free and for the rest of us fighting a cold, we win the battle sooner than later. Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH made it home okay. We watched a few movies so I got about 4 inches done on a vest I am knitting. He’s lost enough weight his wring is really loose; too bad it can’t be sized. I was all excited we’d get to go shopping but he said no his ring is fine. Rats. He did look at anniversary rings for me while he was out scoping out watches in Arizona. The place he likes to go to sells G / VS diamonds in all of their jewelry.
I had to laugh earlier today because I thought I lost my bracelet. My DH and I were talking about the watches he saw and he asked me if I’d want one with diamonds. I said no I’d rather wear bracelets so then I looked down and could not see my bracelet. I had on a shirt and a jacket but could see easily 4 inches above my wrist. I moved my hand and the bracelet fell back down to my wrist. That bracelet would have been very snug on my wrist if I’d bought it before loosing weight.
Skippy, I think all of the people who told us they didn’t like the memory foam were heavy people and I think that is why they didn’t hold up very well. I am not sure what brands they had. Thanks for saying I am doing awesome. I have been really hungry today but I stayed in my calories. Yay for slow churned ice cream though. I had 12 chocolate chips, a few drizzles of chocolate sauce and ½ c of ice cream tonight. My husband’s sundae was larger but I enjoyed every bite of mine. The meatloaf turned out good and we have enough for supper this week. Woo hoo for planning on doing ½ of a marathon.
Shortblonde, I am glad you made it home all right. It sounds like sleeping for 12 hours and lounging around today is just what you need. Rest up and get better soon.
Somethingshiny, yes it sounds like we are kindred spirits. I take a shirt with me when we go out of town because sometimes I spill something on my shirt when we are eating. LOL. I started my journey on September 1, 2006. I weighed 320 pounds that day. I weighed 10 to 30 more pounds at my highest but I am not really sure what since I never weighed myself. I had dangerously high blood pressure and a rapid heart beat. I frequently had some chest pain especially at night. I could not walk or stand much at all; maybe 30 minutes at the most. I finally decided I had to do something as I was heading for a heart attack or a stroke. I started doing stretches and free weights in the spring of 2007 after loosing about 60 pounds and I started trying to walk as much as I could about the same time. By last summer I was able to walk around malls or the park without much trouble. Now I’m using a TM. Woo hoo! I will post another one of my collage pictures (before, during and current photos) once my DH gets my software loaded back on my laptop. I take photos at the end of each month.
Kimi, I hope you enjoy your new mattress. That is very nice to get a tree in memory of your MIL.
Rod, woo hoo for new hair cuts. I always offer to cut Marty’s hair and he always says no. It could be my tendency to be klutzy or the fact I want to use the weed whacker to cut it with – I just don’t know why he’s not interested. Tee hee. I hope Charlie’s voice comes back soon. It sounds like you guys had a great day. Tomorrow I am making my favorite comfort food on cold days – homemade beef noodle soup. I make cornbread too but can only eat one little piece of it. Our long term forecast is expecting temperatures in the 50’s later this week. I am SOOOO excited to see that.

Well, I must go clean my jewelry and get ready for bed. I had a short night last night but was glad to go to bed with a clean house.

Sweet dreams everyone.
Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys! We have returned from the house-hunting trip to Orlando. Wow, what a week. I saw probably 50 homes or so in the area, put an offer in on one, they didn''t want to come down in price so we moved on to the next home and put an offer in. While we were waiting to hear from the 2nd offer, we found a house in a GREAT neighborhood that we loved with a huge clubhouse, pool with waterslides, gym, tennis, soccer fields, basketball courts, etc. so we asked our realtor to give them a call and see how fast they could be out and if they were willing to come down in their price. Well, they were very motivated, said they could be out in less than 3 weeks, and came waaayyy down in price! So when the house we had an offer on came back with a counter-offer, we just said no thanks and moved the offer onto this great house and they accepted it! We even got them to throw in their pottery barn outdoor furniture that was outside on the screen-in porch! Yea! So pending the inspection, we will be living there by the end of Feb!
It was such a whirlwind of a week, that I didn''t have time to workout except walking around to all the houses and we stayed with Adam''s aunt and uncle who cooked for us lots of yummy food. However, I think I was just too busy to eat much and when I came home, I had lost a few lbs. I am about to be off on a run in a bit. Hope everyone is doing well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo Hoo Steph! Yay for finding a great house with all those wonderful amenities nearby. It’s just a plus that you lost a few pounds too. Congratulations on both.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

We went to our fave family style Italian restaurant for dinner last night. We shared a salad and I had 1/4 of a 1/2 order of spaghetti w/ meat sauce.

I did a short elliptical workout this morning, it felt good but I was struggling to breath so I stopped. I''m going to make John a walnut tart this afternoon, we''ll watch the Super Bowl and I''m going to make Avgolemono soup and salad for dinner.

It''s wet here again, YAY! The new lemon tree is getting watered.

Have a great Sunday all.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I finished my ten day batch of antibiotics on Friday night. Yesterday and today I have just been exhausted. I did a Firm workout Friday night and ran 5 miles this morning, but after running and showering I thought, I''ll just lie in bed for a minute to get warm, then woke up an hour later. And it was hard to get out of bed -- I was just so hungry that I guess my body was more bothered by that. I also took a two plus hour nap yesterday late afternoon.

Why am I so tired???
33.gif
I don''t feel like I am still sick in terms of feeling like a part of my body is fighting something. Have I been overdoing it with working out? Is it just residual lethargy? Both mornings, I had slept eight or nine hours, but really had to pull myself out of bed, and the feeling that I could return to sleep at any minute never went away. Right now I could fall asleep.

I really hope I''m not still sick or sick again with something new. And I really hope it''s not mono. I read that it can go along with strep throat.

I opted not to go to a super bowl party tonight. My husband was worried that there wouldn''t be many people there so we couldn''t just slip out if I was tired. I wasn''t really looking forward to a half an hour drive into the suburbs to watch a game/sport I don''t find interesting, so that was ok by me.

So I really, really hope I am just adjusting to not having the antibiotics in my system anymore or am kicking the last bit of the illness. It''s been four weeks since I first got sick, and I am ready to be my old self again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I finally got Publisher loaded back on my PC so I will attach my January collage picture. I am not including the December image in this one but even the 4 pounds I’ve lost this month made a big difference.

Kimi, your dinner sounds good. Sorry to hear you got out of breathe so fast, I hope you get better soon. Yay for the lemon tree getting watered.

PhoenixGirl, I am glad you are finished with your antibiotics. Sorry to hear you were so tired after running but that was a lot of running. I think being so sick for so long has to take a toll on your body so that is I hope that is why you are so tired. Rest up and take it easy till you feel more like normal.

I must go get some ink for our photo printer. Laters.

Jan08collage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results