shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th Jan till 3rd Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2008 10:24:40 AM
Author: Julianna

Date: 1/30/2008 9:57:47 AM
Author: Lorelei

Oooh would that be the one with Colin Firth playing Mr Darcy???
31.gif
I would slip on the treddy with all the drool....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That''d be the one! When I was in college in freezing Idaho around the time the miniseries came out, we had a TV and VCR but no TV signal (or car to escape the area), and my roommates and I would make brownies every weekend and watch it for hours and hours. One of them had taped it right off of the television when they were home on break. Mr. Darcy sustained me through many a long semester....*siiiigh*
3.gif
Hehehe...sounds like a good way to spend a winter weekend! He was especially yummy when he was swimming in the lake....
3.gif
And brownies too...!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! i had a great workout last night - about 20 minutes jogging and 35 minutes on the elliptical. i did a little more than usual since i will be on a business trip thurs-fri this week and will miss my dance class.
7.gif
i did have to alternate walking with the jogging for the last few minutes - my cardiovascular system could handle it but my ankle was really hurting. but i did lots of stretching after i got off the elliptical and i'm not sore today - yippee! i had edamame dumplings for dinner and they were yummy.

today i'm just happy that we still have power after the crazy windstorms last night. steel cut oats for breakfast, tuna sandwich and pear for lunch, granola bar for snack. dinner - whatever needs to be used up before i leave tomorrow morning! i am also planning to bike tonight (for 50 minutes while watching an episode of 24...)

kimberly, i am with you on really needing to count calories to maintain. i didn't do it over the holidays and that is when i put on a couple pounds, but now that i have been back at it i am down again. i wish i didn't have to do it, because it does seem so regimented, but c'est la vie. for me, i am so petite that i just don't have much wiggle room - even a little extra on a daily basis adds up. i still allow myself some treats and splurges, i just work them into my count, so it's not so bad.

rod and monnie, AWESOME for you both not smoking during these stressful times.

rod, i am in michigan and they took away our delegates for the same reason.
29.gif
very unfair in such an important election!

have a good one!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, WWTers!

Yesterday was not such a good day for exercising--I didn''t do any of it! Also, I made homemade chili con carne (with homemade chili powder and kidney beans--yum!), which was probably not the healthiest thing for dinner, but man, it was SO tasty. There is still a bunch left, so I will probably have a small bowl for lunch today.

Today I am going to try to go for a run, then I have to go to the dentist to get a small cavity filled (boo!), then do grocery shopping for the week. Yay for meal planning!

Kris weighed himself last night and it was a little higher than he''d like, so I think he''s going to be joining me in some weight losing for the next few weeks at least. He basically only pays attention to how much fat food contains, though, which is odd to me. I have to get him to start paying more attention to calories. Also, he has to stop finishing pints of Ben and Jerrys when they are in the freezer--I swear, I never get more than a bite or two.
3.gif

Lorelei, good for you on the preacher curls! I hope your wrists feel better. I like your idea about watching a movie or show while on the treadmill, although I agree that Colin Firth would be dangerous.
31.gif

Appletini, your honey ginger fruit sounds awesome! I am also impressed by your lunchtime gym going abilities--it sounds like it''s a great system for you.

Golden, I like to marinate it in red wine and garlic (Coq au Vin), but it''s not sweet.

Skippy, I''m glad you like Santa Barbara! It certainly is pretty here--we have a view over the city from our backyard and it is lovely. I love broccoli too--one of my favorite ways to eat it is to steam it and then eat it with a little bit of feta cheese. Yum!

Kimberly, your eggplant lasagna sounds delicious! I''m glad you can make up the play this week--your husband sounds like quite the kidder.
1.gif
Good job on the calorie counting--what do you use? Since we cook from scratch so much, I always have a hard time figuring out how many calories are in anything. Have fun teaching today!

Dee*Jay, hope the cleaning crisis was averted.
3.gif

CJ, the lunch sounds good! I''m a huge sucker for salami, cheese, and olives, so I would be in trouble at something like that. I haven''t used Sparkpeople--is it a good site?

SomethingShiny, good job on the yoga poses!

Julianna, I know how you feel about being out of practice with running (and yoga for that matter). I have really non-flexible hamstrings as well. It drives me nuts!

ShortBlonde, I love steel-cut oats. Good for you on going to the gym. It''s funny, I always used to wish I was really petite when I was younger, but it sounds like you have to be a lot more careful about gaining or losing a couple of pounds. Being tall, it''s hard to tell unless it becomes more than a couple.

Mara, I think the grass is definitely greener on the other side. My roommates when I was in college and I would always laugh about how we''d end up saying things like "No, you''re bod is so much better than mine." to each other.

Rod, sounds like you needed that rest--napping with kitties is pretty awesome. Also, good for you for voting. I think I''ll probably end up voting for Obama rather than Hillary in the primary, but I''d support either of them in the election proper. It''ll be interesting to see what happens on super Tuesday.

Marcy, that is COLD! I hope it warms up soon for you. Also, congrats on that comment from the lady at the bakery--it must have felt good to know that other people are seeing you as so thin. (Also, molten lava cakes are really good.)

PhoenixGirl, I hope you can get off the antibiotics soon. Your cookie cake sounds yummy. I''m impressed that you go running even when you''re sick--that''s some dedication!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; muscle hour was good last night. We did a million (or at least it felt like a million) squats and lunges w/weight, planks (I am getting better at) lots of sit ups and a few other things mixed in. I love doing more weights; I feel stronger and better about myself.
1.gif
I will start doing things in the gym but that will happen once the NY Resolution people aren't around as much.

Oh before I forget I lost 1 lb; sometimes I lose and forget to post. hehee There is still patches of snow outside so I think I will do some indoor exercise.

CrownJewel, well I guess it is good the lunches are good so people don't eat too much. Maybe once in awhile it would be a fun treat. hehe

Mara, yay for awesome planks and strong workouts!

LadyPirate, OMG, I am jealous you have a view of that city! I loved our trip out there; I love the ice plant on the beach, the food, the activities and the Spanish architecture; I wanna go back now. Mmmmmm, I love a big ol healthy pot of chili! Maybe sometime this week I will make some. Sorry about the tooth.

Kimi, have fun at school today. John sounds cute!

Marcy, how is the knee? You are doing awesome!

Rod, I keep thinking about you and sending a big hug. Hope you get a workout in today.

Hey Lorelei and welcome Julianna!!!!!!!

Shortblonde, yay for the jog and elliptical!

Somethingshiny, glad you liked the link, there are some good meals in there! Yay for the yoga killer poses! I love yoga when I do it but nothing like your killer stuff. hehe

DeeJay, yay for the sale! I saw that info in the cold thread.

A friend told me after Tues night muscle hour there is a fun salsa class; I completely forgot about it so next time I think I will stick around and try it out.
3.gif

Have a fab day everyone!!!
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, New Mexico is gorgeous too--I went to Taos a few years ago and it was really neat. Different from SB, definitely, but beautiful.

OK, actually leaving for my run now!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked on tje treadmill for 30 min at lunch today. I could have done the elliptical but I didnt'' want to get too sweaty so my hair would still look good tonight. DH comes home today so I can''t wait to leave work, and I want to look pretty for him when I walk in the door.

ladypirate, If I don''t go during lunch, I won''t go at all. My sofa at home is super comfy and it won''t let me get up once i sit down.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have finished the cookie cake! That''s good, because it was getting a little stale.
1.gif

I did go on my jog -- 3 miles. Not my best jog, but ok.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, just a quick check in to say hello!
35.gif

Thought you would find this interesting: today I came across a job listing on craigslist that mentioned, among other things, that there is an optional daily short exercise program (get paid to work out) during work hours. The listing was for an office assistant position for a CPA firm. I thought it was a great incentive! I submitted my resume to them...I hope to find out more soon. I would love to have a job where I could get a workout out of the way during working hours instead of before or after!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Julianna, I hope you find the support you need here and I''m sure you''ll provide much of your own to the rest of us! You''ve already got me laughing!

Shortblonde, calorie is king in my world, it just seems to be the way it is with my body. So you and I are in it together. I definitely splurge (two nights a week out to dinner) but must be regimented about my typical daily intake. I''ve pulled back to 1500 cals a day to git rid of these stupid few pounds, once they''re gone I''ll bump it up to 1600-1700 a day.

Skip, so glad you had a great workout.

Lady, I track my cals in an excel spreadsheet, I add them up (with online assistance for fresh fruits, veggies, etc.) or have DH do a cal count for me based on what he makes. I cook from CL recipes a lot, and eat packaged oatmeals and soups so the count is ready for me. I repeat foods a lot, like a corn tortilla quesadilla w/ a bit of cheese and salsa for lunch, so I have those memorized.

Didn''t work out today, had a great day at work, moved a lot. I''m making a (CL recipe) cocnut chicken curry w/ couscous for dinner. I brough Velvety Potato soup from Cambell''s for lunch, hadn''t tried it before, it wound up in the trash, it was just plain yuck.

Have a great rest of your day all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone..........

I slept a little better again last night (still over the counter drug induced), and my cold seems to have migrated from my chest to my head. It''s not a killer cold or anything, but it is the first cold I''ve had in over 2 years and I''m sure it''s also stress related. I made a few connections on the job front, but it will take some time to tell if the leads turn into anything. I had made some fresh chicken salad, so for lunch today, I made myself a nice chicken salad sandwich on fresh whole grain bread from Panera and I took it with me to Starbucks, where I sat under under the oak with a cup of coffee and my sandwich. It was a nice break from job hunting. Even though I wasn''t feeling 100% today, I could not skip the gym for the 2nd day in a row, so I dragged myself there this afternoon and I pushed myself (sluggishly at first) to have a really good 2 1/2 hour workout. I really didn''t lessen the intensity and managed to include a complete workout, including my pretty intense 35 minutes on the elliptical. I hope it helps me sleet even better tonight. I plan to go to the gym again tomorrow afternoon. I must admit that it''s so nice to work out in the afternoon, before the crowds get there later. I could go from machine to machine without any wait time and MY elliptical was just sitting there waiting for me. We had nice healthy salads for dinner and Charlie (who has also caught the cold) stopped by the fro-yogurt shop on his way home and picked up some yogurt with fresh strawberries for dessert.

Kimberly, I''m glad the scale gods smiled on you when you weighed yourself!

Thanks Julianna, it is nice living in a warm sunny climate!!

somethingshiny, I had to chuckle about you not doing pushups on an unstable surface. Today, I did 60 pretty difficult pushups. 30 with my right foot elevated and then 30 with my left foot elevated.

Phoenix, I hope the new round of antibiotics get your sinus infection under control quickly.

I''m glad you had such a good workout SB. I hope your ankle isn''t hurting anymore.

Chili con carne, sounds yummy ladypirate. It''s probably a bit healthier than you think. At least there are far worse things you could eat. I hope you enjoyed your run......sorry about having to have a cavity filled.

I''m glad you enjoyed muscle hour Skippy and WOO HOO for losing another pound. And a SPECIAL THANK YOU for you know what today!! A big hug from Rod.

Appletini, I''m sure you looked beautiful for your hubby when he came home!

Hey Monnie, I hope you hear more about the opportunity with the CPA firm!! Isn''t it fun sending out resumes and hoping to hear back??

That''s about all I''ve got for the day. I have a dental cleaning in the morning. Good timing as tomorrow''s my last day for benefits. Sleep well everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, yay for the awesome workout and a wonderful lunch, yum!!!! Sorry you are not feeling well; hope you get some of that wonderful matzaball soup you have mentioned. Huge hug back sweet friend and you will find something soon!!! Rod, I have to say thank you
2.gif

Kimi, glad you had a great day w/the kiddos; I bet they were thrilled to see you!!! Your dinner sounds yummy!

Monnie, crossing my finger you get into the cpa firm. You would be a great asset to them!

PHX, yay for the jog and hope you feel better!

Apple, yay for your walk!!!

LadyPirate, nice avatar, is that you? When did you go to Taos, summer or winter? I love Taos and the Gorge!

Hubby and I had a wonderful Udon noodle soup w/shrimp and lots of stirfry veggies tonight, yum! Today I talked to a wonderful friend (super sweet person) so it was very nice to chit chat w/this lovely friend
2.gif
The weather is sort of weird; it started to snow and then stopped and was just plain cold. I hope it warms up tomorrow. hehee Have a great evening all
41.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey guys, i haven't been on PS much lately but I have missed you all, WWTers! It's nice to see a few new folks to the thread and the regular crew too. I have skimmed the week's thread and as usual it sounds like everyone is doing really well. For the first time in YEARS, I haven't been to the gym since last Friday! Seriously, I never take more than a day or two off (except when we were moving so OK, the second time in years). We were out of town and then the beginning of the week was super busy and tomorrow will be too. I've at least been walking every day, but it's not the same (for me). I've been watching my cals closely - haven't gained or lost anything in a while. If I could just have a tummy tuck I would be set - I look fine everywhere except "the ab"! I'd really like to break this plateau and lost some more weight by March, when we are planning a beach trip and I will also be seeing some old friends.

I hope the job search is coming along well for you Rod and also for you too Monnie, and for Charlie and Mr. Monnie of course.

I've been in kind of a rut trying to figure out my career goals... will not bore you all with the details. I wish I could just RELAX but like you, Rod, being a worrier runs in my family! (For me it's on my dad's side.)

Well, keep up the good work everyone, and talk to you soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I made brownies for work tomorrow and just cut them up – I should have waited until the morning they are a mess (still to hot and doughy). I did have a few nibbles. I am sure they’ll disappear in the office no matter how messy they look. I’ll probably indulge in one tomorrow.
I made it to minus 144 pounds this morning. Yippee.
Lorelei, I find that starting to exercise is the hardest part. Woo hoo for finishing the first part of your weight routine. I hope those “evilcises” aren’t part of the next phase. Yay for using the TM for 50 minutes; I am going to shoot for 30 minutes each time.
Phoenix, sorry to hear you have another infection. I hope you get better soon. Those pills sound like they have some nasty side effects. Woo hoo for your 2P pants getting loose. Yay for a 3 mile jog and finishing the cookie cake.
Julianna, I wish I was bendy. Our right knees must be pals. My right knee gives me fits all the time. I don’t think I’d be motivated enough to go out in the morning and in the cold to go workout.
Appletini, I am glad you get a boost of energy when you work out during lunch.
Kimi, yay for being down to 127. It sounds like you’ve got a great plan to get in some exercise when you are busy with teaching and school. I keep a little notebook by my laptop and track my daily calories. I think being aware of how much I eat each day is a big help.
Shortblonde, it sounds like you had a great workout. Sorry to hear your ankle was hurting. Yippee for your weight being back down again.
Ladypirate, I hope you had a great run today and survived the dentist. Your chili sound great.
Skippy, woo hoo for loosing another pound. You are doing awesome with your workouts and that is wonderful you are feeling stronger. My knee is feeling better today. I will probably walk on the TM tomorrow and see how it does. Enjoy the salsa class. It sounds like you are getting a nice blast of winter.
Monnie, that job sounds wonderful for you, I hope you hear from them soon.
Rod, sorry to hear your cold is still hanging on. I am glad you slept better. I am delighted to hear you made a few job contacts. I hope it brings you some great leads. That is wonderful you had a good workout at the gym today.
TanDogMom, it’s good to see you here. It sounds like you are doing well you’re your workouts and eating. Good luck with your career goals.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee Marcy! Those are indeed ' evilcises' and also I found out why last night!!!
29.gif
Hubby was snickering because I was struggling, anyway I stopped and sprayed some Windex on the metal bars where the weights slide up and down, they were bloody well sticking! Once I gave them a squirt, I was able to do the evilcises without too much trouble! Bah!
emotion-39.gif

Good for you for doing so well on the treddy, I really think you are going to do great with it!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
No working out for me today...every few weeks I go to lunch with my work buddies to a yummy Mexican restaurant so today is the day for that. However one of my buds and I always split our meal so that we don''t over do it. We used to always get quasadillas but now we are hooked on the nachos.

Also last nights dinner was healthy...Chicken salad: chicken, red bell pepper, red onion, celery, and avacado on a bed of butter lettuce. I figured after a week in Germany with beer, bread, and sausage DH needs some healthy home cooking.

Rod, You are so sweet....DH was waiting at the door for me when I got home. I hope you get well soon, and and try to think of your time between jobs as a mini-vacation.

Monarch, That sounds like a great job opportunity...I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited, I am down a total of 3.5lbs from day 1 of starting my diet January 1. Since I was sick New Years Eve, and could hardly eat that day, I was ahead of the game when I started January 1. I know my weight will still fluctuate, but to see the number was so exciting and is really motivating to keep with it and to especially keep with the working out. I am 1 pound away from my first goal, but my goal was to lose .5lbs a week, so I am ahead of schedule.
36.gif

Question--- does anyone have a good sauce for marinating chicken, omething like a terriyaki sauce?

Don''t forget-
Tomorrow, Friday, February 1, is the fifth anniversary of National Wear Red Day. It''s the day to wear your favorite red clothes or accessory - a red blouse, a red dress pin, a fabulous red handbag - put on red lipstick, or sport a red tie and red socks. Go red in your own fashion to show your support for women and the fight against heart disease.

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY FOR YOU GOLDEN!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 12:22:59 AM
Author: marcyc

Julianna, I wish I was bendy. Our right knees must be pals. My right knee gives me fits all the time. I don’t think I’d be motivated enough to go out in the morning and in the cold to go workout.
I know! What''s wrong with me!?!
9.gif
The motivation comes and goes, I''ll tell you. I am not a resolution-making type of girl, it''s more of a daily battle with myself. Whee.

ladypirate, I like your new avatar! I''ll let you know the minute I can get my feet all the way flat on the ground in downward facing dog, and we can have a little hamstring party. May never happen though.
2.gif

Skippers,
35.gif
I''m glad you''re in the workout threads. You''re so utterly cheery, no matter what. It''s helpful. Good job on losing that pound, too. I am terrible at keeping weight off. I am very proficient at weight fluctuation, though!
4.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of knees, my right knee used to creak terribly when I was doing leg extensions, it seems to have stopped now thankfully. It was most disconcerting!
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! it''s been a few since i checked in...because i''m lazy and also have nothing new to report really. same old going on over here...and it gets repetitive typing it hahaa. eating is okay, nothing spectacular. i have been a little lighter this week but then greg''s mom sent over brownies and some fruitcake omelet looking thing...the brownies are fab and i don''t intend to eat the other thing as it has fruitcake berries in it, those red and green colored things that i think are icky. and last nite we had a team dinner at my fave chinese place so i gorged on honey walnut prawns, my fave. no workout yesterday. on tues i did the elliptical for 30 min and jumped rope and did some arm exercises. tonite i have 30 min trainer for arms and shoulders and 1 hour zumba. then we are taking the red eye tonite to buffalo NY for one of greg''s best friend''s 40th bday...it''s a surprise for us to show up and ring the doorbell for him, so it''ll be fun...but man red eye, what was i thinking??? it will be a tiring weekend, good thing is that we''ll mostly just be relaxing around his friend''s house the whole time. and probably EATING ... yikes! hehe.

rod sounds like you are enjoying your time off for the most part. what do you take for sleeping aid at night? i wanted to get something ''light'' for the plane tonite but not sure what. and i don''t want to be totally zonked out. any suggestions?

golden, i just do rubs on chicken or something like that. i am too lazy to marinate anything hehe. i love doing tandoori paste with yogurt on chicken then baking it or grilling it. yummy. congrats on weight loss.

everyone else sounds like they are plugging right along as typical, great group here as usual!! keep up the great work everyone..hehee.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
golden, there''s this teryaki sauce that comes in a glass bottle from Trader Joe''s (or on the label it says "Trader Ming''s" or something like that). I can''t remember the exact name of it, but it''s sooooooooo good. I marinate chicken breast in it for a couple hours and then pan fry it.

Mara, that''s so cool that you''re surprising Greg''s best friend. It''s one of the best feelings in the world to receive a surprise visit, esp if the friend is coming from far away. Two of my friends flew in without telling me a few years ago, for a party that I had. I still remember the "aaaaaaaaah!" feeling when they showed up.

I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday, but didn''t make it because I was sooooo drowsy. Not sure if it is due to a new medication that I started on Monday, or if it was something else. Ugh. Took the day off from work today just to rest.

Julianna HI!!!!! I''m glad to see another fun and crazy person in this thread!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 11:25:00 AM
Author: CrownJewel

Julianna HI!!!!! I''m glad to see another fun and crazy person in this thread!
Hi CrownJewel! You pegged me right when you said "crazy".
9.gif
Lovely to be here, good luck on your next gym attempt! Mine will be Sunday morning yoga. WOOT! My favorite gym day o'' the week.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julianna and CrownJewel, you two cuties are have me --->
lol.gif
w/your cute posts.

Julianna, glad you are the WWT board, I hear you on motivation being a battle; I go in spurts too. Thanks for your sweet words; how fun to play w/diamonds all day!!! I will join you in downface dog hamstring stretch. hehe

CrownJewel, hope you are more peppy today. hehe It is nice to have a break too and good for us.

Mara, I never had honey walnut prawns, they sound yummy. How sweet of Gregs mom, yum to the brownies; have fun in NY!

Gail, it is good to see you, you were missed! You will break your plateau soon!

Marcy, you go girl, that is awesome! Yum to brownies; if i make them I eat the whole pan, yay for willpower. hehe

Lorelei, what are evicises, yay for working out!

Appletini, enjoy your mexican food w/your buddies.

Great job Golden!!!!

I think I will try and brave the cold this afternoon and get a walk in
37.gif
Hope everyone has a Fab day!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee! I too am so glad that Miss Julianna, fellow Tabac Blond devotee, and all around topping young gel, is now participating in this thread - what ho!
16.gif

I am trying to get my hiney ( thanks Ellen!
9.gif
) out to my wee gym to do some cardio, but it is a bit chilly!

Skip-erteedoodahs, my evilcises ( thanks Marcy!) are bench and overhead presses - yuck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei did you just call Julianna a ho??
6.gif
17.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 12:53:02 PM
Author: Mara
6.gif
17.gif
face20.gif

Tut tut old chappy! And so forth!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
17.gif
No Ma'am!!! What ho is a posh British saying such as " what ho there old chap!* It is even mentioned in ' Little Women!!'
12.gif

Toodle pip and jolly good and all that!
3.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 1:08:26 PM

6.gif
17.gif
No Ma''am!!! What ho is a posh British saying such as '' what ho there old chap!* It is even mentioned in '' Little Women!!''
12.gif

3.gif
"What ho!"...just another handy saying that I will utilize when on my next foxhunt (brisk country air....25 or so trusty beagles...no actual harming of said captured fox...tea and scones both before and after...you know the drill). I am writing these down, you know!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2008 1:15:07 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 1/31/2008 1:08:26 PM

6.gif
17.gif
No Ma''am!!! What ho is a posh British saying such as '' what ho there old chap!* It is even mentioned in '' Little Women!!''
12.gif

3.gif
''What ho!''...just another handy saying that I will utilize when on my next foxhunt (brisk country air....25 or so trusty beagles...no actual harming of said captured fox...tea and scones both before and after...you know the drill). I am writing these down, you know!
Heehee! I do indeed know the drill and now I am craving sweet plain scones with slightly salted and golden butter, a suggestion of strawberry preserves and clotted cream. Along with a pot of tea, natch, and delicate china cups....
37.gif

If anyone would like an English scone recipe, I can post one sometime. Cheese scones are also very nice.
16.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Morning, everyone! I was feeling a bit under the weather last night, so I went to bed really early and ended up sleeping almost 12 hours! Luckily, I'm feeling loads better this morning, so hopefully I nipped it in the bud. My filling went off without a hitch, so I'm glad to have that taken care of.

My run yesterday was good--the hills are starting to get easier, although still definitely the hardest part. I've noticed for a while now that I have issues with hills, even when walking/hiking. I do fine on the flat areas, but for some reason I hit a hill and my energy just goes away, then as soon as I hit a flat area, I'm fine again. Guess I just need to keep working at it. There are about 4 big hills on the loop I usually do, and yesterday I only walked for a bit on 2 of them. So it's getting better! When I first ran it, I had to stop for all 4, then it was down to 3, so hopefully soon it'll be down to none! I'm also experiencing some tightness in my chest/lungs after running for 20-30 minutes, and I'm hoping that that will go away as I get more in shape. Has anyone else experienced this?

Appletini, I know what you mean about the comfy couch--it does like to suck you in.
3.gif
I love Mexican food--my weakness is enchiladas (or the giant burrito from this one local place--it is SO good)

PhoenixGirl, yay for the jog! 3 miles still sounds respectable to me.
1.gif

Monarch, good luck with that job application and with the job hunt in general!

Kimberly, I may have to start doing the calorie counting--I'm pretty good with estimating, but with something like chili, I have NO idea because of all the ingredients involved. Your curry sounds delicious!

I'm glad you slept better, Rod. I'm keeping you in my thoughts for the job search and I hope you beat that cold soon! I hope my chili wasn't too unhealthy--it was tasty in any case!
9.gif

Skippy, your soup sounds really tasty! It is me in the foreground of my avatar (although usually I'm more colorful than just orange!). I went to Taos in the summer--I think my favorite part was the random thunderstorms in the middle of the day while we were there.

TanDogMom, good luck with figuring out your career goals--I'm sure you'll get it all sorted.

Marcy, your brownies sound really good! I may have to have some chocolate now that you've got me craving it.
3.gif

Lorelei, I'm glad that you figured out what was making the weights so difficult! On the plus side, maybe doing it harder for the first few made the last few seem easier. You'll be super buff in no time!

Golden, good for you for being down 3.5 pounds! I wish I could say the same...I haven't really lost anything.
7.gif
On the other hand, haven't gained anything either, so we'll call it a win.
9.gif
. Thanks for the reminder about National Wear Red Day tomorrow.

Julianna, thanks for the compliment on the avatar! I know how you feel about downward facing dog--I always felt so awkward because it seemed like EVERYONE else could do it and I just couldn't. Oh well, keep trying I guess.
3.gif
Maybe if we both work at it, we can have a hamstring hoedown!

Mara, nice to "see" you! I don't like those things in fruitcake either--yuck! This year I want to do a Christmas pudding and leave those OUT. (And make sure that there's plenty of brandy left IN.
31.gif
) I hope you have a brilliant time in New York--how nice you can surprise Greg's best friend. One thing you might try on the plane is Benadryl--it knocks me out like none other.

CJ, I hope you feel better! Taking a day off to rest when you need it is good (says the woman who just slept for 12 hours)

OK, I hope everyone has a great Thursday. I'm off to job search some more.

ETA: Lorelei, Mara, and Julianna, you three are so funny! Tally-ho and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results