shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th Jan till 3rd Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

I cannot believe I was typing Feb into the title box today for this thread, it only seems like yesterday that we were all discussing our Holiday eating....How time flies....
40.gif

Anyway onwards we go! I had a fairly quiet weekend, and at times I was thinking how far I have come since I have been eating carefully most of the time, and working out. I shudder to think of the alternative, how I would be now if I hadn't taken this journey. I would be overweight, not feeling good about myself and quite likely, still puffing away on cigarettes. Instead I like what I see in the mirror, feel good about myself, and have quit smoking! All of this positive change was made possible by me taking one small step about 3 years ago, I had had enough of myself and had reached a crossroads. I had to do something now, or stay the way I was, but this time, I was going to give myself time to lose the weight and get fit. I hadn't gained the weight overnight, so I shouldn't expect it to come off overnight. I also was going to find a way to do this that I could live with, I was going to eat real food and try to fuel my body properly most of the time, but I was also going to allow myself some treats.

This method has worked so well, that I am now confident I can stay healthy and trim for the rest of my life. These are some of the scary alternatives I would have to face by not working out and eating right....

The weight will come back on
I will lose the fitness and strength I have gained
I won't be able to fit into my clothes
I won't feel good about myself anymore
I will lose the extra energy and vigour I have gained
I may lose the benefits I gain mentally by not eating right and exercising
Inside my body may suffer such as increased cholesterol, cardiovascular fitness etc, blood pressure....
Lose the protection from osteoporosis I am trying to build
Lose mobility in my joints and flexibility....

I could go on and on probably, but when the going gets tough, I find that to write down everything you stand to lose by dropping fitness and healthy eating from your life, can really help remotivate you to carry on. No one feels all gung ho about working out and trying to eat well all the time, that isn't realistic. Instead it is trying to make that commitment every day that you will try to look after yourself which will help you to keep on track.

This is the time where many fall off the fitness wagon, so I hope the above thoughts can be helpful to inspire those who are having difficulty staying on track. Just make a deal with yourself that no matter what, you will keep trying and that no one expects perfection - that won't get you to where you want to be! Persistance, determination and continued commitment will!

Have a great week!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good morning everyone. Happy new week.

Lorelei, thank you for pointing out another great way to help keep focused on why I am here and why I am doing this. You have done such a wonderful job in gaining control over your life and making yourself as healthy as you possibly can. Just yesterday my husband and I were talking about what I used to look like and how it is so hard to believe only about a year and a half later how much I’ve changed. I shudder to think where I’d be if I hadn’t started this journey. My blood pressure was so dangerously high I was headed for a stroke or heart attack – no doubt about it. He was wondering if I would be able to stick with using the TM for the long term and without hesitation I said yes. I actually enjoy walking on it. A lot of it is the thrill of being able to do something I could never do before and I just watch TV while I’m back there so it’s fun. I also told him I doubt I’ll ever be able to exercise enough to keep the weight off but what I do can only help increase my metabolism and endurance and make me healthier. I am not having any problem controlling what I eat and I’m not doing a fad diet so I am sure I can continue to make wise food choices. I am very glad to be where I am and I am glad you guys are here to help me out.

Have a great day everyone.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2008 9:44:31 AM
Author: marcyc

Good morning everyone. Happy new week.

Lorelei, thank you for pointing out another great way to help keep focused on why I am here and why I am doing this. You have done such a wonderful job in gaining control over your life and making yourself as healthy as you possibly can. Just yesterday my husband and I were talking about what I used to look like and how it is so hard to believe only about a year and a half later how much I’ve changed. I shudder to think where I’d be if I hadn’t started this journey. My blood pressure was so dangerously high I was headed for a stroke or heart attack – no doubt about it. He was wondering if I would be able to stick with using the TM for the long term and without hesitation I said yes. I actually enjoy walking on it. A lot of it is the thrill of being able to do something I could never do before and I just watch TV while I’m back there so it’s fun. I also told him I doubt I’ll ever be able to exercise enough to keep the weight off but what I do can only help increase my metabolism and endurance and make me healthier. I am not having any problem controlling what I eat and I’m not doing a fad diet so I am sure I can continue to make wise food choices. I am very glad to be where I am and I am glad you guys are here to help me out.

Have a great day everyone.
Marcy
Marcy, you are doing so well with the exercising and I think you will be amazed how much fitter you will become with working on the treadmill. To give you an idea, 18 months ago 15 minutes on the treadmill used to tire me out, also as I was still smoking when I started, I used to get out of breath so fast. You are doing great with the exercise, keep it up and enjoy it and see where it takes you!!!

Ok almost at the end of our second week of weightlifting! I have increased the weights a fair bit. So far I am noticing that my right arm bicep is a little bigger and more solid, my clothes are fitting well, so it is going well. I am interested to see any changes that time brings...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

We had a fun little shopping trip yesterday to Sports Authority. I got a new pair of shoes and shorts for a steal and we looked at weight machines (perhaps a birthday present?). Then we hit the book store and I bought two new books that are just waiting to be read. We went to the bistro for dinner, I had a mixed greens salad and carnitas in a tomatillo sauce with a homemade tortilla, rice and beans, J had puerto nuevo tortilla soup and lobster. The chef thought his lobster was a bit too small so he sent out another half for him, J was salivating. We then went in search of ice cream, and ended up at another bar/restaurant but they only had chocolate cake, so we had a drink and left (they charge a cover, the place is part club, and we figured it was silly to pay to get in to turn around and leave).

I''m still sick but feeling better this morning. Suprisingly enough I''m not working today, so many teachers are sick I''m shocked I haven''t recieved a call! So I''m going to work out and read my book and just lay low.

Golden, you can''t beat yourself up for a brownie, total deprivation results in healthy living failure.

Lorelei, thanks for the reminder of why we do this!

Marcy, you are such a trooper! So glad you''re liking the treadmill.

Rod, hope the job search goes well today.

I''ll check back in later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimmy I hope you feel better soon, and Rod we are rooting for you and Charlie with the job search!
cleader.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lorelei. This has been one nasty cold! How''s Jazmine?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, thanks for the inspiring I can do it!!! I needed that, I had sort of felt the opposite lately, thanks!

Steph, yay for the run!

Kimi, hope you get better soon and thanks for the movie info! I am dying to see Atonement, have you seen that?

Rod, sending good job finding vibes, you will find something soon! Enjoy your sushi tonight with Charlie!

Today is allergy shot day so I will run and do that and this afteroon I want to go on a walk. The rain has stopped and it looks beautiful, crisp, clean and fresh for a great walk. hehe

Have a wonderful workout and day!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAWN. Morning all. Seriously is it Monday again??? Weekends are WAY too short these days. Pouring rain the whole wkd doesn''t exactly stretch things out either. On a plus note we had a very relaxing wkd. So why do I still want to go back to bed and sleep another 2-3 hours?

Egg whites and english muffin today. Yesterday we opened up this Olallieberry Jam jar we got while in Mendo over NYE holiday and it''s very tasty!! It''s quite strong so all you need is a little dab, I used it with my waffles and sugar free syrup, yum. So I put a dab on my English Muffin today, yum. Nice new fage add in too.

Last nite the ziti came out great..I had a small portion along with our neighbor and the boys had 2 big hearty portions each. They sure can put it away! Used the rest of my day''s cals for dessert really. She got those TJ''s carrot cupcakes, yum. One of them is like 400 cals. So we all had a cupcake. And some chocolate. And lattes. Nice Sunday evening for sure.

Anyhow, that''s my exciting update, not too much going on. Do you ever have problems coming up with something inspiring to say miss Lorelei?? If so, don''t worry about it! It''s not a requirement to have something fabulous to say every Monday AM, but because you do, I''m so impressed because seriously at this time of the morning I can barely get my coffee mug to my mouth, much less be inspiring. You rock woman.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee - thanks Mara! I normally start thinking of the WT on Sunday mornings, and think of what inspiration we might all need according to the time of year, what is going on etc, thanks for telling me that I am doing a good job on the motivational front!

Hey Skip, glad to help!

Kimmy Miss Jasmine is doing well and has settled down nicely, thanks to Natural Horseman techniques, I think she is learning not to mess with Mummy!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday morning all!

Last night we went to dinner at the home of some vegetarian friends of ours. They made carrot soup and squash stuffed with conbread dressing and lots of veggies. It didn't seem like much food but the dressing must have expanded in my stomach becuase after I ate it I was like UGH!

No workouts over the weekend but I'll go to the gym today. Have to go preview a house for a client first, and I'm trying to negotiate an offer that was written over the weekend, but hopefully by mid-afternoon or so...

It's warming up here! I think it might be in the 40s today -- woo hoo!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday, WWTers!

I''m currently trying to motivate myself to get my behind out the door to go for a run. The rest of the day will be running errands/job hunting/making chili con carne and enchilada sauce to freeze, and it''s hard to make myself run when I know I have so much to do today. I know I should, though, so I''ll probably head out after I finish writing this.

I loved your list of accomplishments today, Lorelei! I have to say that I have definitely noticed a change in overall energy the last couple of weeks from exercising more and trying to eat and live healthier. Even just getting to bed and getting up early seem to be helping enormously--I feel like I really have the whole day to get stuff done!

Marcy, you are such an inspiration! Your DH must be so proud of you, and I''m sure you know that all of us here are. The fact that you did it all just by making the decision to live healthier rather than going on a fad diet also shows that you are actually committed to keeping the weight off rather than yo-yoing back and forth. I''m sure you''ll have no problem staying fit. Also, I can''t wait to see pictures of your new bling! You''ll have to tell us when you post them.
9.gif

Kimberly, your dinner sounds super good! I''m glad you''re feeling better, but it will still be good to take a day to chill.

Skippy, have a great run/walk today! The rain has stopped here, too, and it is gorgeous out.

Mara, sounds like the ziti was delicious. I love olallieberry jam--we used to have a neighbor who had an olallieberry tree and they were SO good. They make awesome pies.

Dee-Jay, good luck with your showing today. I''m glad it''s warming up where you are.

OK, I''m going to go try to make myself run. I hope everyone has an awesome Monday!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
morning wwt! mara, i totally hear you on being exhausted and wanting to go back to sleep, that''s what i wanted ever since my alarm went off this morning. sigh.

so, this heart rate monitor is really interesting. i wore it while doing my typical elliptical workout as well as on my bike at home, and found out that even with plugging in my weight and age to both machines, the elliptical grossly overestimated the calories i burned (by more than 100 cals - yikes) and the bike underestimated. so i think that wearing the monitor is really going to help me have a better understanding of what''s really going on, especially since i''m so short which leaves me with very little wiggle room!

i''m also happy to report that i weighed myself at the gym this weekend and i have lost the 2 pounds i put on by overeating over the holidays, woohoo!

last night i had dinner at a friend''s house - pizza and salad. i ate one slice of pizza and lots of salad and was totally satisfied. i also declined the wine entirely and had one small square of dark chocolate after dinner, but passed on having any more than that. it can be hard, my friends tend to eat bigger portions and drink quite a bit of wine, yet don''t have weight problems, so i really have to work at keeping myself in check when i''m with them. sometimes i feel like i am the only one who struggles with keeping my weight down.

today i''ve got a pumpkin muffin for breakfast, rice and beans with an apple for lunch, and a kashi granola bar for a snack. i have zumba class tonight, and dinner will be something with spaghetti squash - yum! i will also have hot cocoa for deesert tonight - it''s really been hitting the spot lately.
18.gif

have a good one!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday! I went to my TBT class today at lunch and I''m so glad I did...I really needed that--especially since I forgot my workout clothes at home 2 days in row last week.

Also DH has been out of town so I''ve been keeping myself insanely busy with activties so I won''t miss him as much...since that has had me out of the house a lot, I''ve been less tempted to snack on things just because I''m bored and watching TV. In addition I had my friends over for brunch yesterday and one of the things I made was a honey ginger fruit bowl and I had quite a bit left over and I thought to myself what I am going to do with all of it, well I had enough to fill two ziplock containers to supplement my lunch at work. Also a friend who lives around the corner needed to borrow my oven to bake some cupcakes b/c hers was full with other stuff--she left a cupcake for me and some icing for it---guess what I did...I didn''t eat it and I threw it away. I''ve never resisted something sweet. I think my weighin dissapointment last week was a wake up call. So hopefully I can keep up the good work this week.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys. Well, haven''t had the best day food-wise. I stepped on my sunglasses getting off the elliptical machine while we are on our cruise and it is virtually impossible to survive w/out them here in the sunshine state....so Andrew and I made a trip up to the outlet mall, found a cute pair of shades, and then ate lunch at his fave mexican place. I had a kid-sized order that was only about 250 cals, but then I had cheese dip and a REAL COKE
6.gif
. I kept having a craving for it after Marcy''s post last week, so I figured if the craving hadn''t gone away in 3 or 4 days, I should just go for it....and it was divine. Haven''t had a real coke in sooo long. Anyway, craving is gone and dinner will be chicken w/ veggies and I am planning on another 3 mile run when Adam gets home from work. We are spending the rest of the week house-hunting in Orlando, so I will report back when we get back on Friday. Have a good week everyone!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad I made myself run this morning! I did the same loop as usual and while it was still tough with all the hills, I definitely found myself having an easier time of it this week. It gives me motivation to keep at it, knowing that eventually, it will get easier.

Also, wore skinny jeans today and they didn''t look too bad, if I do say so myself.

I weighed myself this morning and I haven''t really lost anything over the last couple weeks, but I haven''t gained anything either, which is not terrible considering the holidays and moving and whatnot. Still, I am trying to motivate myself to actually LOSE the weight I''d like to.

One thing I was thinking about is that it''s more difficult for me to eat less when Kris is around--he needs to eat more than I do because he is so much bigger than I am, but I find that I often overeat with him because I see him eating so much. Any suggestions for this?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy is it windy!!! I got a 2 mile walk yay
1.gif
; it is supposse to be cold this week. The mountains are cloudy and it was nice to have rain so hope we get more!
I was bad; I had a BIG ole piece of Chocolate banana bread.
11.gif

DeeJay, hope you sell the house today and yay for the workout!

LadyPirate, thanks for the kudos. Where do you live? Glad you got rain and you are wearing your Skinny Minny jeans!!! hehee

Shortblonde, yay for the workout and the heart monitor! enjoy your pumpkin muffins!

Apple, yay for TBT class!

Steph, happy house hunting
1.gif

Rod, thinking of you!

Well have a great day and talk to you all later!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

I woke up in the middle of the night coughing and had that uh-oh feeling in my chest, which left me restless and not able to sleep well. I have a bit of a cold, but it doesn''t seem to be taking over. Actually, my cough is better and so far, I''m not too congested. I chalk the not too sick part to a so much healthier lifestyile. I chalk the sick part to wow, am I stressed over our recent unemployment situation. So, I didn''t run or anything today, as I figured I really needed a day of rest. I''m going to knock myself out tonight and get a good night''s sleep and assuming I''m no worse tomorrow, I will go to the gym as with a cold, a workout can actually increase one''s immunity - or so I''ve read. I did meet Charlie for sushi tonight, fro-yo and a cup of coffee at Sbucks. It''s chilly tonight, so we dressed warm and sat under the oak tree and the stars were brightly shining. At least I didn''t shiver or anything, so I think I''m going to be just fine.

On the job search, not much to report. I did speak with the company I had phone screened with three times before being laid off and they are still interested in me. BUT, they are creating a new position and the President of the company wants to have more than one candidate (me) interview for the job. So, the VP, I have been speaking with needs to see if she can find any other qualified applicants before they schedule in-person interviews. At least I am one of the candidates they will interview, but in what time frame, I have no idea. I told them I had been laid off and needed to accelerate my job search, which may or may not have helped me. But, I felt I needed to be honest with them up front. So, not much on the job front. Jobs at my level aren''t abundant for sure and even less so in Tampa, so I know it''s going to take some time to find something and I need to just chill about the whole thing and not be so pensive. It''s not like we''re about to lose the roof over our head. At least not yet..........

Lorelei, wonderful inspiration to start the week off as usual. I love your openers! I''m glad Miss Jazmine is doing well too! And a big WOO HOO for continueing to use the weights and even increase them. You go Lorelei!!!!!

Hey Mara, how close are you to Stockton, CA? I saw a 60 Minutes Newsclip that it''s the real-estate foreclosure capital of America right now. They referred to it as the Epicenter of the foreclusure market?

Marcy, like Lorelei said, you just wait girl. As time goes on and you continue to get closer to your target weight and you continue to use the TD, you''re going to find new levels of fitness you would never have dreamed possible. When people walk up to me at the gym and ask if I''m the guy in the min-poster on the wall, and I say yes, it''s unbelievable to me that they find me inspiring and while I still see an overweight older man in the mirror, other''s evidently do not. We are all so proud of you and know you will continue this healthy journey for the rest of your life Marcy!!

Kimberly, I''m glad your dinner was good and you enjoyed shopping. Since you''re still not feeling too well, having an extra day to rest was probably a really good thing.

Good for you going on your walk in the beautiful crisp cool air Skippy!!!

Warming up to the 40''s DeeJay???? That''s not exactly shorts and t-shirt weather, LOL. I hope you found the time to do your 65 minutes on the elliptical today! The vegetarian meal sounded good. I''ve read that vegetarian isn''t necessarily low-cal though. I know I could never become a vegetarian myself.

I''m glad your run was less taxing ladypirate! Good for you!!

You likely won''t see this, but happy house hunting Steph!!

I guess that''s about all I have. I plan to go the gym tomorrow as long as I''m feeling OK. Sleep well everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s, sorry I''ve been MIA again...not many new developments here in Monnie-land but I''ve been reading the WWT religiously. Lorelei, your opening post struck home with me completely. I am so proud to report that even through our recent trials with both of us losing our jobs, I haven''t gone back to smoking! In years past, I easily could have just decided I couldn''t handle the stress on my own and gone out to buy cigarettes and once again become a smoker, but I am bound and determined to stay quit for good this time. It''ll be a year for me with very minor setbacks, next month. I think my stress levels actually are lessened because my overall health is better from not smoking, and of course from trying to eat healthy and exercise.

DH and I have been diligently pursuing the job hunt, have both had a few bites and are still searching, meanwhile our unemployment benefits are in place so we''re getting along ok until we each secure new positions. We''re keeping our heads up and thinking positively. Today I spent a few hours re-organizing our bedroom closets and getting our interview worthy clothing in tip top shape, so that was a good way to kill some time in between faxing/submitting resumes online. We''ve been breaking into our frozen stash of food lately, trying to avoid going crazy at the grocery store, which is good because we have so much food in there that needed to be used anyway and was in danger of getting thrown out. DH had a big pork chop or something which he had fun marinating, we boiled corn on the cob in the microwave, and I made some wild rice to which I added frozen sweet peas, for dinner.

We took a really long walk, just the two of us ( no doggies) this afternoon, it was extremely windy but warmish (45 degrees), so that was nice. We haven''t walked together without the dogs for a really long time.

Kimi, hope you''re well soon. I love Sports Authority, haven''t been there in a while but it''s always fun to go and pick up something new to enhance your workouts.
Skippy, your walk sounds so refreshing, I hope it stayed dry for you while you were out.
Mara, you found me on tpf, check your msgs over there, lol! Your jam sounds so good, I love things like that and so does DH...we have homemade apple butter and sweet plum jam from my hometown in the fridge right now and they are both yummy. We use them with PB on a slice of whole wheat for a snack.
DeeJay, hope you''re enjoying the "warm" weather, your veggie dinner sounds wonderful to me, lol!
Ladypirate, your cooking sounds wonderful, I hope you enjoyed your run today!
shortblonde, congrats on the 2lb. loss and you''re officially my WWT idol for saying "no" to wine and only having one slice of pizza, LOL!
appletini, I''m very impressed that you threw out the cupcake! And your honey ginger fruit sounds great, have you posted the recipe anywhere on PS?
steph, hi and have fun house-hunting in Orlando. Sorry to hear about your sunglasses but glad you found a new pair so quickly! It takes me forever to find new shades!
Rod, I hope you are sleeping better these days. DH is having a terrible time getting to sleep and staying asleep...most nights he ends up going downstairs and sleeping on his basement sofa the rest of the night, he is a total worrier, even if he takes Simply sleep. We took a long walk today, though, so hopefully that will help him sleep better tonight. Our fingers and toes are crossed for you and Charlie that you''re doing well and find new and wonderful jobs soon!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Monnie, it''s good to hear from you. I''m glad you''ve gotten things organized and are getting resumes out too! And good for you not resorting to smoking during these stressful times. It''s been over 2 years for me and when I got laid off the first thing I thought was, I want a smoke, but I resisted and I know I''m so much better off without those nasty, smelly, cancer sticks, but man, did I ever want one...........

Sounds like your HH and I have much in common. I''m not sleeping too well and I usuall take as many as 3 Simply Sleep pills to try to sleep. I''m a worrier. My mother is a worrier. Her mother was a worrier. It''s genetic and no matter how much I try to not let it get in my head, I hit the pillow and my mind starts to wander to "oh my, what are we going to do?" territory and I have a fitfull night. I know you both will land great jobs and I''m sure Charlie and I will too, but we do have to remember that losing one''s job is right up there with death, divorce and moving on the stress-ometer. I hope you know that Charlie and I are rooting for you both and I know you''re both rooting for us too.

Your friend, Rod

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Rod!!!
1.gif
I know worrying is a total survival tactic...I worry most of the day through, but my way to relax is through reading myself to sleep at night, which DH doesn''t do. I find that if I can get myself involved in a good book that about half an hour into it I feel my eyes wanting to close no matter how into the story I am. Maybe you can pick up a novel or two if you like to read and try it? I finally figured out that even Simply Sleep''s don''t put me to sleep after I''ve taken them two or three times a week, unfortunately. A couple glasses of wine used to help, but then I''d wake up with a headache and that was no fun either, LOL. Some nights when I can''t sleep I just hop on PS and see if I can help solve anyone else''s problems, hee hee, that helps somewhat. I''ve always been a night owl and periodically an insomniac, so I guess I''m used to finding new ways to get myself to sleep. I''ve been known to stay up for 24-48 hours at a time and then finally be able to sleep after that. DH was up until 5 a.m. one night last week and I convinced him to just stay up all day, then he was able to sleep from 8 that night until 6 the next morning, and he''s been back on a regular sleep schedule since. Sorry, I''m just rambling here, but I wanted to share my sleepless techniques with you, maybe they''ll be of some help.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Deep breath...

This is my first post in WWT. I''m actually a bit nervous.

My "working out" background. Hmmm....in high school, I was in track. I did not RUN track (the only time for running is if someone''s chasing me. And, that''s only if they have a weapon because if they don''t, I think I could take them. And, even then, I''m only running long enough to find a place to hide because I''m no good on endurance.) Now, where was I? Oh yeah, I threw shot and discus. At that time, I weight trained 4 days a week. Knee problems run in my family, and my knee did me in. My knee got stuck while throwing discus (during regionals no less) and I had to hobble out of the ring just to make sure I got my points. I continued to abuse my knee with horseback riding for a few more years. Eventually, it got the better of me and I quit doing any exercise.

I''ve tried starting programs (rituals more like). I''ve done the treadmill thing. (It tried to kill me) I''ve done the Gazelle (because it''s supposed to be low impact) My friend tried to talk me into Jazzercise, but the thought of some perky little thing yelling "three more, two more" makes me want to throttle the closing living being.

Which brings us to now.. (and no, this wasn''t a resolution. I just flipped to the program one day and got inspired.)
I''ve started doing yoga. This is the first "fitness program" I''ve stayed with for more than one week since high school. I''ve been following a program on TV everyday for 3 weeks. And, I gotta say, I LOVE IT! I''ve already increased my flexibility, balance, coordination and I''m getting much quicker at clearing my mind. My goal was originally just to strengthen a bit, and learn to focus on my breathing so I can keep up with my 2 year old. But, now I think this may actually help me lose weight. I use that term loosely, as I don''t diet....ever. (so I will not be joining in on that...)

I think that coming to this thread may help me to stay focused when (as I inevitably do) I get bored or side-tracked from my routine.

so, HI! And, what the heck is "pants"?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome SomethingShiny!!!! I don't think we are on diets; we are more of in the frame of thought to make wise healthy food choices and eating in moderation and making small significant changes to our choices.
1.gif
Great about the yoga and sorry about the knee!! Pants, is what Lorelei says when something isn't good, like the rainy weather is Pants. hehee Glad you joined us!!

Monnie and Rod, that is good news people want to talk to you.

Monnie glad you had a nice walk w/hubby! Rod, I find yoga relaxing during stressful times and it is stressful losing a job. You two will find something, you both are very smart, praying it will happen soon!

Have a wonderful evening all!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi something shiny! Your post made me laugh. I''m glad you found a program that you like!!! I don''t know what "pants" means either...and I kept forgetting to ask. Maybe now we''ll find out?

Lorelei, Rod, Monarch...cheers to us for not smoking! It''s been a year and 3 months for FI and me. It''s crazy to think that many years ago, I used to go to the gym and then have a cigarette. Or go to the park and run, then have a cigarette. Isn''t that just gross?! Now that I''m thinking about it, I think my cardiovascular strength is up up up now that I''ve been excercising more regularly and stopped smoking. Well, duh. I knew that would happen, but have only realized now the impact of the two.

Mara...fage...yum. I forgot my regular yogurt as I rushed out of the apartment this morning, so I had to stop and get some at the little supermarket. They had Fage so I bought the 2% with honey. They didn''t have any non-fat! But...yum.

Skippy, when I can''t get to the gym, I try to walk to wherever I need to go, instead of taking the subway. And I think of you going on your long walks. Is that weird? Haha...sorry if it is. But it motivates me to walk!

I had my last training session tonight (for a total of 6). We did a ton of stuff on the Bosu thing (excercise ball cut in half and put on a base). Now that I''m done with the training sessions, I need to look into taking classes. As for my eating habits, let''s just say I have good days and bad. And there needs to be much less of the "bad" days. Even with the mercury scare regarding tuna sushi, I have such a weakness for sushi. All reason goes out the window.

It is late and I need to shower and go to sleep! Rod and Monarch, I am crossing my fingers and hoping that your job searches are short and fruitful. I will shop and spend often, to contribute to our economy, in hopes that my spending will revive the job market for you both!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi SomethingShiny, glad to see you here, ol' friend! Don't be nervous to join us, we're very welcoming and non-judgmental. Your initial post is just hilarious, you had me LOL! Don't feel pressured to "diet," we really don't do the "diet' thing here, rather, we try to eat healthy and most of our goals involve eating healthy to get to a level of fitness/weight that is right for us individually. And "pants" (I will try to define it as I understand the term) is a British expression that means nasty, yucky, or something negative. I'm sure Lorelei can further enlighten you...but I will use it in a sentence for you... "The weather here today was pants!" That means, the weather here today was bad, to put it very simply. It is my most favorite recently-learned foreign expression, as an American.
9.gif

ETA: thank you CrownJewel! Your spendiness means the world to us, LOL!
2.gif
I really do appreciate the well-wishes, you're a dear.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 11:57:53 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Skippy, when I can't get to the gym, I try to walk to wherever I need to go, instead of taking the subway. And I think of you going on your long walks. Is that weird? Haha...sorry if it is. But it motivates me to walk!

I had my last training session tonight (for a total of 6). We did a ton of stuff on the Bosu thing (excercise ball cut in half and put on a base). Now that I'm done with the training sessions, I need to look into taking classes. As for my eating habits, let's just say I have good days and bad. And there needs to be much less of the 'bad' days. Even with the mercury scare regarding tuna sushi, I have such a weakness for sushi. All reason goes out the window.

It is late and I need to shower and go to sleep! Rod and Monarch, I am crossing my fingers and hoping that your job searches are short and fruitful. I will shop and spend often, to contribute to our economy, in hopes that my spending will revive the job market for you both!!!
CrownJewel, that is so sweet; you made my day!! It isn't weird at all. When I first started walking lots I would think of Mara, Jas and Mrs. Salvo on their walks/hikes. It made me happy to know I was doing the same thing as them and fun to post about; I completely understand!!! hehee I will think of you too on my walks
9.gif

Good for your workout on the bosu!!! Awesome that you are walking!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I ordered pizza in for my team at work today and ate about ¼ of a thin crust medium pizza and it is not setting well with me. I am just not used to greasy food anymore. Ugh.
I walked for 32 minutes on the TM tonight but only made it to .85 of a mile. My left knee was getting stiff so I decided to quit. I burned 150 calories though.
I am trying to grow out my hair especially my bangs but it’s been looking pretty flat lately so I curled it today. It was funny at work since my husband is out of town everyone was giving me a bad time that I must have a date tonight. Ha Ha.
Lorelei, thank you for the words of encouragement about the impact the TM will have on me. That only makes me more determined to stick with it. Tonight I pushed the speed up a notch and did it a few times for a minute or two. Yay for being in the second week of your weightlifting. It sounds like it is going great for you.
Kimi, yay for taking it easy today and enjoying a book. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for thinking I am a trooper.
Skippy, I am glad the rain has stopped so you can get out for a nice walk. It is really windy here too. No worries about the chocolate bread, I am sure it was a great treat.
Mara, I am glad you ziti turned out great. The carrot cupcakes sound yummy. I agree the weekends are WAY too short.
DeeJay, yay for it warming up there. We were near 40 today but the snow is moving in again tonight and we will be in the 20’s the rest of the week. Sorry to tell you it’s probably coming your way.
14.gif

Ladypirate, I am glad you are feeling the benefits of exercising and eating healthy. It’s great, isn’t it? Thank you for the kind words about me. My DH is very happy and proud of me; I know he is pretty amazed at the change in me. I started a new thread for my ring; here is the link. Yay for wearing skinny jeans.
Shortblonde, yippee for loosing 2 pounds. It sounds like the heart monitor will be a big help to you.
Appletini, good for you throwing away the cupcake. My DH is out of town too. I can spend more time on PS this week.
9.gif

Steph, sorry to giving you a craving for coke but I am glad you enjoyed it. I only have a small one about once or twice a month but I do enjoy it. Happy house hunting.
Rod, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling great today. I think you deserve to take it easy and hope you get better soon. I hope they set up your interview soon and it goes well. I appreciate your words of wisdom about how much I will change the more I do and the closer I get to my target weight. That is so awesome you are the poster boy at your gym. You should be very proud of what you’ve done and I completely understand how you are an inspiration to those people who see you in the gym.
Monnie, good luck on your job search. Yay for not reaching for a cigarette. Your walk sounds great.
Somethingshiny, welcome to the WWT thread. It sounds like yoga is for you. I am glad you found something that works for you and you love doing.
CrownJewel, I hope you find some classes you like to take now that your training sessions are done. I will join you in the spending drive to help boost the economy. Our bathroom had to drive up the profits at Lowes. I don’t think it’s weird thinking about someone on WWT thread to help motivate us to workout or eat right – it’s made me more dedicated to do the right thing just knowing what everyone here would do in the same situation. We are GOOD for each other.
Well, take care and have a great Tuesday.
35.gif

Marcy

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good evening, everyone! I'm about to head to bed, but wanted to do a quick check-in first. Kris made us brown rice and steamed broccoli for dinner, which was TASTY!

Skippy, I'm in Santa Barbara, CA. Where are you at?

Rod, I hope you feel better! Good luck with sleeping better and on getting that job!

Monarch, good luck on the job front to you too! It sounds like your walk was wonderful, although 45 degrees still sounds a bit chilly to me (spoiled Southern Californian that I am). When I can't sleep, meditation usually helps me--it's a technique my mom started me on when I was a kid and it still helps.

Welcome, SomethingShiny!!! I actually threw discus in high school, too! Yoga is awesome--have you tried doing Pilates? That's another awesome exercise style that you might like. Another fun one that I ended up taking up in college is ballet--not quite as perky as jazzercise, and it increases your flexibility and grace like you wouldn't believe. A lot of community colleges and dance studios offer adult classes. Also, re: "pants", I have a friend from Barrow-In-Furness in Northern England who says it ALL THE TIME. Basically, it's the English version of "cr*p".

Hi, CrownJewel!
35.gif
Congrats on being 15 months smoke-free to you and your FI!

OK, Kris is asking when I'm coming to bed, so that's my cue to turn in for the night. Night, all!

ETA: Marcy, you posted as I was typing--your ring is really pretty! Sounds like your hair was too--you'll have to tell us who the lucky fell is
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladypirate, too funny about the lucky fella - my husband was just teasing me I never curl my hair for him. It looks so poofy compared to how it''s been lately. Thanks for the compliment on my ring. I''d best get to bed too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod and Monnie, I am so proud of you both for not reaching for cigs!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I know how it is, you just crave the lighting up / inhale/ exhale = aaah....that you get from smoking, so I am really proud of you both for resisting! I find now I get a fast urge, but it shoots through me really quickly and then goes. I am still a chronic gum chewer as I find that helps, but I am trying to cut down! Well done to you too CJ on quitting smoking!

SS, welcome to the thread! We don't do diets here so much, unless someone finds that is best for them, but try to work on eating healthy about 80% of the time, allowing some room for occasional treats! Heheheh....when I say pants, Skips and Monnie got it right, it means something is bad, unpleasant, such as the pants weather we have in the UK, it is a British saying. We call underpants pants, and what you call pants, trousers, so it can get confusing! Hee - LP got it right too!

Well, weightlifting was slightly pants! When I was doing preacher curls with 15 pounds, my wrists were screaming, so I think I need some strengthening exercises for those. I am learning to dread the military press and bench press exercises, but I am sticking with it! I plan to do cardio tonight.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Monarch,
Here is the recipe. I love fruit by itself, but the honey and ginger give it a little extra sweetness and tang. I might have to start making this more often just so I can take it to work.

Honey Ginger Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results