shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I missed that you've dropped 24 pounds DeeJay!!! That's a wonderful wonderful accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself!! I most certainly am proud of you!!

Hey Mara, there's something else from my earlier response to your battle post I thought about and it's PROTEIN. Both Charlie and I have noticed a slight increase in our weight lately and hmmmm, so have you. So, what do the three of us have in common? PROTEIN. You've increased your protein intake and so have we. Something to think about. Some time ago, I asked one of the 'uber' guys at the gym if he used anything to build the kind of muscles he had built. He didn't look like a "Juicer" (which means he didn't look like someone who used steroids as they have a definitive "hulk" kind of look), and his comment was massive amounts of protein. So, protein really will build muscles and subsequently increase your weight a bit. On a last note on this subject, I was speaking with a guy at the gym tonight, who commented he had noticed my Success Story poster and I was an inspiration to him (wasn't that nice?) and then I noticed he too was a Success Story poster and so I read it and he went from 170 pounds to 185 pounds (yes, he gained weight), but his body fat dropped from like 22% to 14%. So he built lean muscle and looked absolutely fantastic, but he weighs more than when he started working out.

So, I didn't get to the gym until just after 6 tonight, but I still managed to put in a good 2.5 hour workout. Nothing unusual to report, but it was a solid effort and I always feel so much better after pushing as hard as I do. Yesterday, people were commenting about comparing oneselves to others. Believe me, it's tough in the locker room. The gym we go to is in South Tampa. South Tampa is where the 'ubers' congregate and even though I've worked really hard, it's often deflating to be changing next to one of those perfect bodied guys. When we first joined the gym, we wouldn't change in the locker room. We'd put a towel on our car seats and take our sweaty bodies home and shower at home. It took a long time to feel that it was OK to change in the locker room, but nightly we are reminded that while we have done remarkable things with our older out of shape bodies, we will never, I fear be in the league of the 'uber' guys who make lifting a bazillion pounds look like childs play. And you know what? It's OK. I'm still pretty pleased with where I am.

Have a great night everyone!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy, what an inspiration you are! Congratulations on all of your weight loss and your continued loss! I think it''s wonderful that you were able to look at your situation and make a change. It takes a lot of work and courage and determination!
Congrats!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
funny that the thread is so slow today when it was absolutely hoppin'' yesterday!

anyway, i just thought i''d pop back in and give a dinner update: salmon burgers on toasted WW english muffins, with a spinach and strawberry salad, poppyseed dressing and a few sliced almonds. yum! dessert was slow churned and half a banana.

does anyone here read the magazine ''eating well''? i snagged a copy at the gym yesterday and there are some recipes in there that sound sooooo tasty. might be worth checking out for anyone who''s looking for some new ideas.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, sorry to hear you''re having a hard time w/your current size. I don''t have any real advice since my body is certainly still telling me to lose, lose, lose! Perhaps the weight/size you are at now is a good one for your body.
Regardless, sorry you''re feeling down and vent on here anytime!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
hello all,

i''ve been a member for a little over a year now and have lurked on this post for some time. i finally decided to post as this seems like such a positive thread about choosing a healthier lifestyle and i would love to be a part of it.

my story, in short, is that i am definitely a success story when it comes to choosing the healthier route. about 8 years ago i was in college and was a chain smoker and a terrible eater. i weighed about 10 pounds more than i do now and i did absolutely no athletic activities. i am tall (5 ft 8 - 5 ft 9) and was within a healthy weight range for my age but i felt like a slug. sooo, i quit smoking cold turkey and started running. i could only run about 5 minutes at first and felt like i would die, but i joined a gym, starting working out 6 days a week, and kept at it. soon enough i ran my first marathon and never looked back. i''ve done several marathons now, am an avid road biker (just did a 150 mile road race 2 weeks ago), and still work out with the same frequency....but, believe it or not, i still struggle with weight gain every day. i know it sounds crazy - everyone figures if you do that much you have to be perfect body-wise - but i constantly am trying to lean out and cut 5-10 more pounds to be faster, leaner, etc. every pound makes a difference when you do distance events. so my current goals are to fine tune my nutrition and to train for a half ironman next year (I haven''t done a triathlon yet). what sparked this post is the recent talk about protein in your diets. i have been seeing a nutrition about my concerns and basically my problem is that i don''t enough calories and/or enough protein. so my body is constantly in starvation mode and hordes the fat i do have. and ignoring this over the last year has led to my weight slowly creeping up when i am still going at the training full force. so when i read that a few of you have been dealing with that, too, i was like OMG - finally someone who understands! my family just thinks i am crazy to be so focused on this all the time.

so that''s my story and goals - hopefully it will fit well with this thread. thanks for reading
1.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m going on vacation (from vacation) tomorrow and I don''t really want to!

I''m sure my juvenile resistence to vacation from vacation will pass, but basically my summer has been spent checking PriceScope, hanging out on the porch, getting in shape, shopping (I need a whole new smaller wardrobe!), eating at the fabulous restaurants close by, and seeing friends and neighbors. And I don''t really see why I need to travel hundreds of miles away for over a week and a half just to be too far to walk to any cool restaurants and just to play the hostess to all the friends and family who are coming.

DH and I are going to my parents'' beach house on the Jerzee Shore tomorrow for 10 days. I guess my feelings stem from the fact that DH really wanted this vacation and I didn''t necessarily. I''ve been going there since forever, and yes it''s fun to get away from it all and be on the beach (and we are right on the beach), but from the beginning this has felt more like his trip than mine. Two of his brothers are coming, and he decided that it just made more sense for them to come the first weekend we were there, but we had already invited a friend of mine who is literally (and this is probably adding to the stress) dying of cancer, so I was like um my friend said that weekend worked best with his chemo schedule so your brothers need to come the second weekend, but DH was all like, "But this would be better because blah blah blah," and I had to be like, No, you will switch the weekend your brothers are coming!

And all the fun we can have at the beach -- being with friends, drinking, eating good food, relaxing -- we can have and are having at home. And I don''t even like the ocean that much. [Insert jokes about the Jersey shore and hypodermic needles here.] Yes, gambling and the boardwalk are fun for a few nights, but not for ten.

OK, I need to think this through. When I come back, I will still have almost four weeks of vacation (or is it three? I have to go back to work the week before labor day). Of course I want to spend time with my friend and his wife, especially knowing that he is sick. I''m so excited that he is coming. And then our best friends who are moving away this weekend will drive up from their new place to spend 5 or 6 days with us. We''ve gone to my beachhouse with them for the last 5 years, so they are tried and true travel buddies (sadly, I''ve had several friends come who turned out to be terrible vacation buddies! . . . they invite people you don''t know to stay at your house, or they don''t like seeing dolphins or playing mini-golf or going on the Ferris wheel), and this will be a sort of last hurrah. And then I am happy that DH will get to see his brothers, although that is definitely more hostess and less relaxing territory for me.

I''ve just been having so much fun recently at home. And I have a secret ambition to become best friends with one of my neighbors, who happened to be a professor of mine in college. She is just crazy and spunky and smart and fun and most nights we end up hanging out with them on the porch, but we''ve been busy with DH''s friends recently so it hasn''t worked out in the last week, and now we will be gone for two weeks. I think that''s part of it. Why should we have to go so far away just to hang out with friends when we can do that all the time here? I mean, we are getting to the age where swimming in the ocean just is not that fun (sand stuck to your sunblock, seaweed, yes I''ll do it but it''s kind of gross at the same time).

AND, to tie this in to the actual purpose of this thread, it''s hard to work out when you have guests staying the entire time at your beachhouse. I think I can work out when our tried and true friends are there, but for everyone else, I''ll feel too self-concious to be like, "Don''t mind me, I''m just going to be pumping weights in the middle of the living room," or, "Entertain yourselves while I disappear into the back bedroom and make grunting sounds for the next hour." I''ll definitely be able to keep up with walking, but I don''t know about my weight-training, so that makes vacation seem even less fun.

I''m really really sorry if all the people with real jobs are disgusted by my pathetic sniveling. It''s just hitting me all at once tonight. And I''m a high school teacher in case you were wondering why I have all this time off.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome tdiddy!! Your story is inspiring and not too unlike many of us who once had bad habits (I was a smoker too and not into fitness in anyway). I''m a believer in adding protein if you''re working hard. Anyway, glad you came in from lurking and hope you stick around. We''ve quite a loving and caring group of healthy minded people on this thread.
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Tdiddy
35.gif
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Phoenix,

I''m sorry you''re having to go where you don''t really want to go, but I sure hope you manage to have a good time for those 10 days at the beach. ONe word of advice.......regardless of who''s being entertained, if you want to grunt and groan lifting some weights in the back room, or even in front of everyone, do what you want when you want and don''t feel badly about being the perfect hostess. Sounds like this isn''t you trip anyway, so let someone else be the hostess with the mostess and do as you please. That way, maybe you''ll actually feel the 10 days weren''t so bad afterall.

Eat some blue crabs, have some salt water taffy, if they have Thrashers French Fries, have some of those too, but most of all have some fun and workout till your hearts content!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
I wore the clothes today I had on in my 100 pound photo and they are SOOOO baggy I couldn’t believe it. Cool.
Today I had cheerios, 100 calorie Doritos, a BK hamburger with 10 fries, chicken fettuccine alfredo (light sauce), raw veggies, toasted garlic bread and a chocolate ww bar.
Tonight I worked on my flowers and walked around the block.
I am embarrassed to admit I did cut my finger with one of our new knives tonight. We haven’t even had them a week yet and I’ve cut myself twice. This one is a bad cut, it was with the bread knife. I made quite a mess in the sink because it bled a lot. Aak!
Thank you, Lorelei. I am glad your workout on the treadmill went so well last night. I am going to have to try ours someday.
Danielle, congratulations for loosing another pound and it sounds like you are doing everything right with your food choices.
Kimberly, thank you so much for the kind words about me and my progress so far. I really appreciate it. I am glad your body has found it’s happy place and likes to stay there.
Thank you, Rod. I agree I am doing this the hard but healthy way. I am amazed, proud and excited about what I’ve done. My husband even talked to me tonight about what I’ll do when I reach my goal. He thinks I focus on what I weigh too much, but I reassured him this is not about what I weigh but about getting to a place where I feel comfortable with my body and getting healthier. I realize and I am constantly reminded by you and everyone else this is a lifestyle change that you must continue to work at each and everyday. I believe that have made a lifestyle change because the diet has not been hard for me at all. I don’t feel deprived, cheated, angry or frustrated. I get excited and anxious to see what changes next. I like your men / women joke.
Mara, thank you for your encouragement as well. I think my stubbornness helps me out. I guess once I make up my mind, then I’m going to do it. Sorry to hear your body seems to be fighting with you but I am sure you’ll find where it’s happy soon. You work so hard to be fit and eat healthy. I really admire what you’ve done and how well you manage your maintenance but also have splurges now and then. The house your drove by last night sounds awesome.
PhoenixGirl, your house sounds great; that’s nice to get so much remodeling done before you bought it. I am not a fan of vacations either; I prefer the comforts of home but I do always have fun when we go somewhere. I hope you have a great time on your trip.
DeeJay, yeah for being at an all time low. Congratulations.
Shortblonde, thank you for the kind words about my determination. Have fun shopping.
Bonjour, ChargerGirl. Je parle francais un peu. It’s been a LONG time so I hope that was right.
Thank you, Skippy. I am delighted to hear your knee feels fine even after your walk.
Dixie, congratulations on loosing 22 pounds. Thank you very much for the kind words about me and my weight loss.
Welcome, Tdiddy. Congratulations on all your healthy activities and loosing weight.
Well, I must go grade papers and get ready for bed.
Take care and have a great Thursday.
36.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you should write to Oprah about your journey; you are such an inspiration and an amazing person w/a wonderful heart!!! You are always so thoughtful! Sorry about the knife slicing your finger.
15.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I''d like to meet Ophra but I''d probably be more excited to see her jewels in person than to talk diet. Well, okay maybe it''s a toss up but she always has such gorgeous diamonds on.

Thank you for such kind words about me. It really means a lot to me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening everyone!!

we had sushi tonite and it was soooo tasty!!!! my neighbor hadn't had sushi in forever and i was like well you know you can get cooked rolls too. so we went tonite and it was so yummy. we shared a bunch of rolls between us all and then i had some sake/salmon ... so tasty, like butter!

i actually got home this evening and went out to go for a 45 min walk but on my way down the street i ran into a neighbor couple we used to see a lot a year ago and then they had a baby and we started taking portia to daycare so now we never see them and their dogs anymore! so i spent 40 minutes catching up with them, and then had to come home to meet greg and the neighbors for dinner, so no walk for me, boo hoo. i was pretty sad actually, i hate when my workout gets derailed, but at least i did the 25 min mini workout this morning so i did something!! and i also walked to sbucks this afternoon hehee.

snack today after breakfast was a 110 cal pria bar. then lunch was spicy ranchero TJ's egg white salad in a 1/2 pita pocket, leftover plain chicken tikka from last nite, and some fruit. afternoon snacks were a 100 cal popcorn, and then walked over to sbucks and tried one of the new raspberry mocha frappucino lights they have...a tall is only 140 cals and like 2g fat. and MAN it was GOOD. i loved it!!! the grande is only 160 cals. when i got home i was hungry so i had a 1/4 a pita pocket with a piece of chicken breast and some spicy hummus. then i went out for the walk that never was lol!

welcome tdiddy and kudos on your progress!!! i totally wonder about what you say too re the eating more, i have been trying to do that...my trainer thought i was not eating enough before, but i felt like i was, so who knows. and maybe my body is rebelling against that. so i have been trying to do the extra protein and all that as well.

and rod yes i hear you on the protein for sure...i do feel like i am getting more muscular...i don't want to be some huge bulky thing, but i guess i still look pretty lean...i just wish i was more lean like i used to be. and i don't remember who told me i should just chill out and accept my body the way it is...but i do think that sometimes too. i just really am kind of bitter at my body for letting me get to that low where i felt happy and then kind of pulling it away from me. i'd rather never have gotten to that point i guess so i wouldn't feel like somehow i went backwards. i mean i said many times i never imagined having such small hips...and then it was like boom, they were gone! darn hips!
39.gif

anyway, i am just going to keep up what i am doing which is working out and being active...and eating right 90/10 kind of rule thing...and then just let the cards fall where they may. i know i am healthy overall...and i do like my splurges hehee. so just gotta deal with what i got i guess!!

thanks for all the positive thoughts on the house...i actually do believe in 'house fate' if that makes sense, that is how we found this place and it was just meant to be. so i do believe a bit in stuff like that....so we have to figure out what we want to do..we are talking about sitting down this wkd to figure that out and then we'll know if we want to check this house out further but if we do stay here, this house is EXACTLY what i would want, down to the remodel, the style of the house, the up and coming neighborhood, closeby to where we are now and everything we are familiar with and the massive 1/4 acre lot which is seriously insane for this area under a million. so we'll see....not sure if we'll go in this direction but i kind of feel like this house is speaking to me somehow. we shall see.

tomorrow is a hike with my mom and sister, probably ~5m or so...hope everyone is looking fwd to the end of the week coming along quite quickly!! my week next week will be crazy, i am in vegas from mon evening to thursday afternoon with a lot of eating, sedentary meetings, and partying...yikes. hopefully i can get in like 20-30 min at the gym every day at least...that will keep me in a good place i think. nite all!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I''m back; I was out with mastitis yesterday - what a yucky experience. Thanks for all the advise. Don''t worry Kimberly; none of the posts sounded harsh to me because I read that as everyone just trying to help.

Anyway, I remember eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday when I was really watching my weight. It worked but was rather boring even when I spiced it up with crushed walnuts and dried fruit. Well, I substituted my breads for a large bowl of oat cereal for the past 2 mornings. I just don''t have time to fix a decent breakfast in the morning. I''ll also be cutting my rice consumption in half and watching my dessert. Let''s hope this works. I just need to figure out what EASY snacks I can take in between meals. I don''t do dairy so this''ll be a bit tougher. I also don''t do salads.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dixie - for my thighs, the only way they ever change is from running! It stinks, because although I do like running (sometimes :)), I want lifting weights and doing other things to change the shape. But running makes them leaner, makes them look longer and makes my thighs skinnier. Great job on the 22lbs! I think you could also try pilates, or yoga - I have heard a lot of people have success with those!

PhoenixGirl - I hope you are feeling better about your vacation this morning! I think you should tell everyone just to deal and you can work out as normal. Who cares what they think? They''ll probably be sleeping all day anyway! I also am not a huge fan of the ocean. I was on the beach on Sunday with my parents for about 1.5 hours and that''s about my max. I do find though I am not like this when I''m on vacation. When we went to Mexico & the Outer Banks, I find I can spend 4 or 5 hours on the beach....maybe it is just NJ! I asked you in the vacation thread, but where are you going to be? If you are anywhere near the Spring Lake/Belmar/Sea Girt area or Point Pleasant, you may randomly see me! We have to go down this weekend for a race in Sea Girt!

tdiddy - welcome! Great job on the marathons - you are truly an inspiration!

Skippy - I loved your group hug - you are too cute! Glad to hear you went on a nice walk with your hubby and didn''t over do it with your knee!

Well, I am FINALLY going to make it to the gym tonight. I am doing my treadmill race late this week. I think my goal for this treadmill race today will be to not walk the entire time. I won''t have as good a time, but I really want to work up my endurance of continuous running. So we will see what happens and I will report back this evening! I have my first dress fitting tomorrow and I am happy that I am back to exactly where I was when I bought the dress (And it fit perfectly - except for the length of coursE!) So I am feeling good about the fitting and I am really excited!!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Chrono, I am so glad you came back! Oatmeal can get boring (I''m up at 5:30 most mornings and I like it because I''m still sleepy and not in the mood to make food decisions and don''t have to. It''s done for me down to the serving size (I eat instant oatmeal)! Mara is the Cereal Queen, if you look through some of her past threads I''m sure you''ll find some great suggestions for breakfast foods.

Marcy, tell your DH to take the knives away from you!
2.gif

Danielle, have a wonderful dress fitting. And hooray for making it to the gym!

Phoenix, so sorry you''re disappointed about going on vacation. I hope it ends up being 100 times better than you expect it to be. And I''m so very sorry about your friend who has cancer.

Welcome, tdiddy! Eat more! You''ll be amazed at the changes you see if you do. Many of the WWTers used www.sparkpeople.com to figure out how much we should be eating. They over estmiated a bit for me, and I think a few other WWTers, but I eat between 1500-1600 calories a day and have two nights of eating what ever I want each week. And I don''t work out 1/2 as much as you do!

Speaking of working out, I am really proud of myself this week. I have a difficult time doing things that are strictly for me (exercising, reading a book, etc.) during the day. I can workout 1st thing in the morning and in the evenings, but I feel like I should be working on school if I''m not at work while the sun is up (yes, I know it''s ridiculous!). This week I have worked out every afternoon on work days, which is huge for me! YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''ve been shoving all my workouts in towards the end of the week and only getting 3 in, because I don''t work Friday-Sunday, instead of 4 or 5. This has been the pattern since summer started and I was really bothered by it but so overwhelmed with school that I didn''t make time to figure out a solution. Now that I''m back down to only one class I am feeling more myself again and this week has been just awesome on the workout front. It helped that J sat me down at the beginning of the week and told me I was running myself ragged and it was time to take a deep breath and do things that help me feel good and relax and that if I get an A- or a B instead of an A in one of my classes the world is not going to come to an end. I don''t agree with his last statement but I am so glad that I have made the time to exercise as much as I normally would because I enjoy it so much!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Good morning to all of you, and a special squeeze to Skippy in our group hug. You are so sweet! Kimberly, your husband is sweet. It''s so easy to burn out on some level in education...your approach is awesome and will help your students along the way. But I hear you about acing those classes...we teachers are such overachievers. Well, some of us. The rest tend to be slackers. It''s always funny to me that there is little middle ground.

I am SO aggravated this morning...TOTM is coming, and depending on the month I can gain three-five pounds or I can gain nothing. And it takes up to a week to creep on, and up to a week to creep off...so it''s like my weight is only reliable 2 weeks out of the month. This morning, I''m 1/2 pound shy of my high. I can''t do the measurement thingie either, because I bloat up like the Michelin Man. (And yes, I am drinking lots of water. My body just holds onto weight.)

Now, were I a logical, rational person, I would say...hey, silly, weigh yourself only during those two weeks. Measure yourself during those two weeks. Focus on the health. It''s not a "real" gain because it''s awfully hard to eat 1200-1500 calories a day, workout 4-5 days a week, and gain 4.5 pounds in three days.

However, I am not always a logical, rational person.

25.gif
Especially this morning. It just made me aggravated. I also know that since 35 is around the corner (yikes!) my metabolism is slowing down. So I need to keep upping the cardio minutes. I just hate that scale sometimes, and I wish my body didn''t have such violently dramatic reactions to that TOTM.

Ok, sorry, way too much information!

Yesterday, despite baking 6 dozen cookies, 2 dozen brownies, and lots of apps, I stayed to 1300 calories. If I tasted, it was a mini-bite. I kept brushing my teeth and washing dishes very quickly so I wouldn''t be tempted to lick the spoon! I was fine with it! I probably had the equivalent of 1.5 cookies. The rest of the day was my usual cereal, a bunch of frozen veggies in a yummy wrap, and dinner was salmon with lime juice and a little (I mean LITTLE) bit of soy sauce with more veggies. Quite good. And jello. Cuz I love it. It''s wiggly.

Tonight''s the big charity eat-fest, so I have to go clean the house and make the rest of the food. Fortunately, I am not an emotional eater!

You are all so inspiring to me, and my dietary "lifeline" -- I am now thinking twice about everything I put in my mouth because I know I''ll be reporting it here. Hmm...food confessional?

XOXO!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning everyone! Last night when I got done writing a contract with my clients (at 10:30!) I came home to the HH making giant gorgonzola stuffed ravioli and he spiced up the homemade sauce from the night before with chicken italian sausage. Oh man did I want some!!! But I contented myself with two forkfuls of the sauce and a mini cup of applesauce. I was sad last night, but glad this morning since I'm holding steady at 24 lbs down.

My new breakfast routine is iced coffee and a fiber one bar at about 8:30, then a banana around 10:00. Fewer cals than the lemon pound cake, ha ha, and I like eating less food at a time and spreading it out.

Skippy, thanks for asking about my leg. For some reason yesterday, at a few different times, my stitches actually HURT. I can't figure it out; it's been almost two weeks now and I didn't do anything different or more strenuous than I have been, so it really took me by surprise (and not I a good way!). Hopefully that's just some bizarre part of the healing process and it won't happen again, but I was not a happy camper. Hope you knee feels better than my leg--between the two of us we're quite the pair!

Rod, no worries on missing my update--I post every half pound lost; how could you possibly keep up?!

Dixie, I love fat free hot chocolate! We get the 60 cal packs of Swiss Miss and every once in a while it is just the *perfect* thing.

Charger, working out when it's hot is just not fun--Go early!

Kimberly, are you teaching right now or are you enjoying a little time off?

Shortblond, it's really is crazy, the range of sizes in my closet. If someone took a look in there they would think multiple women live in my house, LOL.

Lorelei, it's been a while since I've asked; how is Jasmine doing?

Jas, for a second I read your post to mean that you yoga bootied with your dog! I was like--wow! Jas's dog must be much more coordinated that The Demon and The Monster!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Jas, for a second I read your post to mean that you yoga bootied with your dog! I was like--wow! Jas''s dog must be much more coordinated that The Demon and The Monster!

Nah, DeeJay...he just likes to watch and laugh.
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I missed your new low weight too...WOW! That is so absolutely fabulous! I''m working this summer as an aide in a special education preschool program at the same school where I finished out the year in an autism spectrum disorder class. I''ll have two weeks off in August and then return to substituting (I need to get back to regular education classrooms, I''ve been sucked into the vortex that is special education and while I love it my credential will be in regular education and I need all the practice I can get). I''ll begin my student teaching in January for 12 weeks and then I''ll be done with school in April.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...i miss 1 day and now i can''t keep up with all these posts....but it sounds like everyones doing well which is always a plus.
1.gif

welcome tdiddy! the more the merrier---except in inches..lol.

anyways i overate last night---i made a really good sauce and couldn''t stop the rotinis from entering my mouth
23.gif
. pasta is soo delish when you haven''t eaten it in a while.
3.gif
it wouldn''t have been so bad if i hadn''t filled my plate 2x''s
20.gif
so today i did some cardio and in a little bit i''m going to fit in the pilates workout dvd. tonight i plan to eat breakfast food for dinner. its just one of those days. i think i''m going to have some hummus on whole wheat pita bread for lunch. as for a snack--probably some fruit....i have some yummy peaches and granny smith apples.

its soupy weather here today. its way too humid for me.
14.gif
hopefully the humidity breaks soon. you feel wet and icky just grabbing mail from the mailbox.
40.gif

have a great day all!
35.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
morning WWT! today i had a smoothie with fage, half a banana, and a few strawberries for breakfast, and grabbed a ww english muffin with natural peanut butter and a smidge of jam for lunch. i also brought a kashi granola bar for a pre-workout snack. i''m planning to go to the gym and do the elliptical for 45 minutes after work. i have had a fierce craving for pizza the last few days that isn''t going away, so i think i need to do something along those lines for dinner. however, i''m eating out both friday and saturday nights this weekend, so i don''t want to indulge too much tonight. so i will have to find a healthier happy medium rather than the big greasy cheese-bomb pizza (which of course is what i''m craving...)

skippy, the group hugs was cute!

welcome tdiddy.

phoenix, hope you find a way to enjoy your vacation.

marcy, congrats on the baggy clothes.

mara, good luck with the house.

chrono, good to see you back and hope you are feeling better. i am actually one of those weirdos who actually loves and craves oatmeal, but i know most people find it bland.

dani, glad you are excited about the dress.

kimberly, glad you are finding ways to take time for activities you enjoy, it''s so important for good mental health!

jas, i am so impressed that you baked all those goodies and hardly tasted them! i need you to teach me some willpower, hehe. i''m fine if the goodies aren''t
in front of me, but once i can see them, i''m not always so strong.

dj, i am certain i would weigh 300+ pounds if i lived with a hubby who cooked like yours!

nyc, i laughed at the image of the rotini magically floating their way into your mouth...i love pasta, but i rarely eat it anymore because i can''t stop myself from overindulging and will eat until absolutely stuffed.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday Everyone,

It's a crazy busy day here, so not much to report. Am looking forward to my Thursday night workout, which is day three of three in a row and I usually work out harder on Thursdays because I take Friday's off.

Shortblonde......Based on what you've had and/or plan to eat, it doesn't seem you need to be too concerned with your craving for pizza. I'm thinking your caloric intake will be pretty low by the time you've had your afternoon snack. Remember, we don't want our calorie level to be so low our body thinks we're starving and it tries to hold onto every last calorie we give it.

NYC, sorry it's so humid up there. The City can be awfully oppresive in July and August can't it?? Sounds like your rotini indulgence was good and I wouldn't worry too much over one night off!!

Great willpower there DeeJay. Not many of us could skip the stuffed ravioli and have a wee itty bit of sauce and a cup of applesauce!!

Sorry about that TTOM Jas, but I did kind of get a kick out of your rant there. You have a funny sense of writing humor!! Maybe you should try to capitalize on that??!!

Have a great workout at the gym tonight Danielle. I'll wave from my gym to your gym!!

Glad we didn't scare you off Chrono. I don't have a clue what mastitis is, but sorry it was a yucko experience.

Hey Skippy, maybe we could send Oprah a link to our healthy family here. She might like to invite us all to her show as she might find the fact that we all met through a diamond forum and found a healthy supportive family really cool. I think we'd make a great episode and we could all be flown into Chicago (at Oprah's expense of course) and we'd all get to meet each other!! Yeah.....that's it. So, I nominate you to write her and make the suggestion!!
31.gif
11.gif
16.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 1:51:49 PM
Author: Rod

Great willpower there DeeJay. Not many of us could skip the stuffed ravioli and have a wee itty bit of sauce and a cup of applesauce!!

LOL, before we start celebrating my sainthood let me confess I just had two big sushi rolls and some edamame for lunch... !!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 2:04:02 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

LOL, before we start celebrating my sainthood let me confess I just had two big sushi rolls and some edamame for lunch... !!!
12.gif
17.gif
heehee!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sushi rolls aren''t all that bad unless you get those with the mayo stuff. It''s high protein, low fat.

My confession of the day: I had plain pizza with the sauce (no cheese - just bread and sauce). Arrgh! I''m a carb fiend. A vendor brought a humongous box of it into our office and I walked by it several times today before caving in.
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Chronie, I hope you are feeling better today, mastitis is excruciatingly painful!

Welcome tdiddy!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei. I''m on a 10-day antiboitics regime. Boy do I feel a whole lot better after 24 hours.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 2:04:02 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Well now, if that''s a bad indulgence, then as you are well aware by how much Sushi Rod eats, I''d be in bad shape. So, I don''t think you need to worry too much there. As Chrono noted, sushi rolls are often high in protein and low in fat, but the rice is high in carbs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

sounds like I'm not the only one roasting in this hot summer weather but I'll take it over a foot of snow any day of the week. Did my usual morning walk with zoe. I'm meeting my friends for the Magic Mountain hike on sat. am and can't wait. I missed last week due to being out of time and really miss doing that walk..

ok, so I bought some of the protein powder to try in shake form. for those of you who use it, how do you normally make it, ice, milk and the powder, or yogurt, ice powder? I know you all have posted here b/f but i have don't have the time to go back and search it, or maybe i'm just too lazy
9.gif
...anyway, i'm excited to try one out and I know hubby would love them if they really do taste good!!

off to clean my house again...already one showing today, another scheduled in 2 hours and yet another scheduled for tomorrow...we're approaching 50 showings and no offers in this crazy market we're having. I just can't wait to be on the buying side so I'll be the one getting the good deal..lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results