shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!

according to that calculator, i should be consuming like 2200 cals to maintain my weight. less to lose. but i feel like if i eat that much then i will definitely gain. whenever i try not to count or watch what i eat and just go by feel or similar, i feel like i gain weight. so who knows... i think those calculators are a little off hehee.

so today for snack i had my protein shake and then i also had some trail mix...hehee...i am so glad it''s almost gone. i could just eat it forever. and one serving is tiny. then some evil person had brought specialty cupcakes to celebrate a product launch...so i had one of them...but i just ate the top half with frosting really, lol. it was DIVINE but like pure sugar. for dinner i wasn''t really hungry at all, but greg wanted indian so we went and got takeout from our fave place. i got roasted chicken tikka breast and ate a tiny bit of greg''s rice and like 1/2 the garlic naan...hehee. now we''re watching a wallace and grommit movie, greg loves these silly movies, hehee. i was going to do a hike today but i had such a sugar headache from the cupcake i just came home instead. figure a break isn''t a bad thing!!

anyhow, hope everyone had a great day...!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, congratulations on loosing 3mm. That’s terrific.
MrsSalvo, 106? Holy thermometer! I hope you stay cool.
Rod, glad you had a great workout tonight. I got my stretches done but didn’t get time for a walk. I had about 20 papers to grade plus go through all the WWT posts.
PhoenixGirl, I stick around 1200 to 1300 calories a day and usually I am not hungry. When I get really hungry I eat about 200 more calories a day for awhile then go back to 1200. I don’t feel like I’m loosing too fast so I guess that number is working good for me. I make sure I don’t go below that though for fear of my body going in to starvation mode.
Thanks for the compliment, Skippy. I am online grading papers so this gives me a break from that. My knitting is suffering though.
Mara, my figures come out that I could loose weight at about 1600 to 1700 calories but I don’t think I would loose weight if I ate that much. I agree the calculations are probably a little bit off.
Well, I have 6 papers to go grade before going to bed. The end of semester is the 26th so papers are really rolling in. I like the students who have not turned in a thing yet who ask, “Can I still pass the class?”
Take care.
Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening all...sorry I didn''t get a chance to really respond to anyone again today!

I had a very productive day today, gave the doggies lots of attention and took them both for a walk though separately this time. It''s just too difficult in this stage of the game to get them both out together as the younger one needs a LOT more training and the older one has "been there, done that." Anyway, I got in two walks today for a workout and ate really well again. I ALMOST stepped on the scale today but I''m going to wait until next weekend to do so. I figure I don''t need any torture until then, lol!

Sorry this is short but I''m just checking in before I finally hit the sack...see you all tomorrow, it was once again great reading through all the posts.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Been lurking recently but I have to say AG you made me come out of lurkdom and say WOW you look awesome well done!
I too have been quietly achieving. And now am FINALLy under 10 stone (Yay me). On my wedding day i weighted 8 1/2 stone and maintained this weight till 3 years ago. Anyhoo now I Have lost 10lb since April by switching to 5 meals a day plus ramping up my my weight training plus my normal 5 days of cardio.
But my clothes size has dropped by 2 sizes and I I have lost 13 cm in total. Mainly from my legs (not my problem area) but I think the last 4 kilos will really show on my tummy and chest (my problem areas).
I love reading every ones progress no matter how small and its great that you are all here to support each other.
PS Positive vibes for your biopsy Rod and Maisie you have come to the right place for help and support!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost 7/10 a pound so now I''m minus 111 pounds. Yeah!
36.gif

Hi Monarch, I''m sure when you do step on the scale you''ll be pleasantly surprised.
Katebar, congrats on loosing 10 lbs., 2 sizes and inches. That''s terrific.

Have a great day.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTG Marcy!!!!

I had a half hour on the treadmill last night and I was noticing how a long warmup makes all the difference to me. It generally takes me about 12 - 15 mins to feel ready for '' work '', if I push too hard before I am warmed up then I get exhausted and can''t wait to stop. I just thought it might be worth mentioning to those of us who get the blahs while working out, perhaps step back a bit and go easy until you know it is time to ratch it up a gear!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!! Wow -this thread is moving way too fast this week, I cannot keep up!

Amber - WOW - you look AMAZING! You should be so proud of yourself - great job!!!!!!

Rod - I am so happy to hear you got your biopsy scheduled. I do wish you scheduled it for this Friday - I hope you do not worry too much during this next month!

I have not hit the gym yet this week and I won''t be able to tonight. Apparently this is visit NJ from the West Coast week and we have a friend coming over tonight from New Mexico! Our two best friends are also coming, so it should be a lot of fun. I am going to make a vegetable lasagna and a spinach salad with some strawberries & bleu cheese. I think it should be yummy! I will have a pretty light lunch too! It is weeks like these I really wish I was a morning work out person. Then I wouldn''t even have to think about it!

I have been doing really well on my eating though. I am not counting calories, but I find myself automatically making better choices, smaller portions, keeping down my processed carbs - it feels good! I am down another pound this morning, so obviously that is encouraging!

I''ll try to catch up with everyone later, but keep up the good work!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I really hope we haven''t sent you back into lurkdom! Please come back as we''d love to have you join us!

Marcy, thank you so much for sharing your story. I so admire your strength and determination...oh, and lets not forget your great attitude!

Rod, I''m glad you''ve set your appt. and had a great workout. Your joking with Charlie is morbid but funny and sometimes it''s what we need to get through tough times.

Dinner last night was delicious. We started with an olive sampler(for J, I hate olives) and split comice pear and bacon flatbread w/ a balsamic drizzle, we both had Mediterranean Pork Duo: pork tenderloin in a mustard and onion suace and bbq pork belly with plantain gnocchi and green curry creme and we shared some shoestring fries. A very delicious and filling meal. So filling we skipped dessert!

Happy Wednesday Weigh in:

Height: 5''5"
Weight: 126.4
Bust: 31"
Waist: 26.5"
Lower Waist: 31.5"
Bicep: 12"
Hips: 35”
Thigh: 20.5"

126.4 seems to be one of my bodys'' three happy places, my measurements haven''t changed at all, which is interesting and good; my body must like living in the space it''s created. And after that meal and it being PMS/bloating time I have no complaints!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you are such an inspiration!! So many in your position could have (maybe would have) opted for lat band or gastric bypass surgery. You chose a harder, but healthier (IMHO) path and you should be so incredibly proud of what you've accomplished!!

Great advice as usual Lorelei. If someone doesn't warm up it can make the difference between a non-productive or highly productive workout!! Our trainer won't start with us unless we are fully warmed up which means we've stretched, and done at least 5 minutes on the elliptical. So, we have to come in on a training day early to make sure we're completely warmed up and it does make our training session so much more focused and beneficial.

Thanks Danielle, I just can't take this Friday off, and mentally, I just couldn't handle having the procedure this week either. So, I'll be fine until August 17th. But thanks!!

Kimberly thanks for understanding my morbid sense of humor. Somehow joking about the "end" is positive. I'm not sure why, but it helps in some way. And, since we're all going to die one day, a situation such as what I'm facing makes that reality seem somehow closer and one in which we need to be prepared so it's not such a shock in case we get bad news. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly, but thanks for not thinking I've lost my mind!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 9:37:55 AM
Author: Rod
Marcy, you are such an inspiration!! So many in your position could have (maybe would have) opted for lat band or gastric bypass surgery. You chose a harder, but healthier (IMHO) path and you should be so incredibly proud of what you''ve accomplished!!

Great advice as usual Lorelei. If someone doesn''t warm up it can make the difference between a non-productive or highly productive workout!! Our trainer won''t start with us unless we are fully warmed up which means we''ve stretched, and done at least 5 minutes on the elliptical. So, we have to come in on a training day early to make sure we''re completely warmed up and it does make our training session so much more focused and beneficial.

Thanks Danielle, I just can''t take this Friday off, and mentally, I just couldn''t handle having the procedure this week either. So, I''ll be fine until August 17th. But thanks!!

Kimberly thanks for understanding my morbid sense of humor. Somehow joking about the ''end'' is positive. I''m not sure why, but it helps in some way. And, since we''re all going to die one day, a situation such as what I''m facing makes that reality seem somehow closer and one in which we need to be prepared so it''s not such a shock in case we get bad news. I''m not sure if I''m explaining it correctly, but thanks for not thinking I''ve lost my mind!
Rod, joking about such things makes them easier to swallow for some, there''s nothing wrong with that. You absolutely haven''t lost your mind.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimberly!!

A friend sent this cartoon and I thought it was funny! Enjoy........

difference between men and women.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is excellent Rod!!! And so true!

lol.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Rod - I just almost spit out my morning Diet Coke when I saw that cartoon! ROFL - too funny!!! Thanks for sharing
1.gif

Katebar - you''re so sweet to come out of lurkdom to say that! Thank you so much. It sounds like you''ve made AMAZING progress - two sizes is a huge deal!!! Way to go you, and I hope you''ll keep coming back and updating us on your progress!
36.gif
36.gif

Danielle - thanks to you too. Its so amazing to get all this lovely feedback now that I finally got up the courage to post the pictures. I know what you mean about keeping up with the thread - I have trouble with it too. I did read about your race last week though - running has always been really really hard for me, and so I have the greatest admiration and respect for people who can do it. You should be so proud of yourself for doing all the running you''ve been doing and finishing those races. I think your idea of an informal competition with your friend is an awesome one - what a great way to stay motivated
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod i have that same sense of humor so it doesn''t sound weird to me hehe. also my mom has that morbid sense of humor, she is always joking around about what we will ''get'' when she dies, aka ''when i am dead, you guys will all be fighting over XYZ''...we just roll our eyes and say yes mom sure..she just wants the attention of us going ''oh mom don''t talk like that!''...hehee.

marcy you are definitely a huge inspiration and should be so incredibly proud. so many people in your situation CAN''T do it and might not have been as successful as you have been, it really does speak to your willpower and strength to be able to accomplish what you have so far. i can''t wait to see where you are in another 3 months, 6 months etc.

so this morning i got up at 7 and felt kind of guilty for skipping yesterday''s workout (and eating half a cupcake and way too much trail mix) so i channeled my guilt into a quick 25 minute morning workout while watching my soap opera. just something to get my heart rate up, i might try doing this 2x a week because i really do like working out in the mornings and i feel like it''s a great way to switch things up, but i just typically don''t have a lot of time between getting up and taking a call or having to get ready kind of thing. also i felt like when we were on vacation in the east coast that my morning workouts helped me keep the lbs off as we were eating all the time but i got a workout in almost every morning and wondered if my metabolism was higher all day long because of the morning workout. so just another experiment i guess!

sometimes i have a tough time because my body WAS lower before than it is now and smaller too and i don''t understand why it has decided to change and i feel like i am doing the right things to try to get it back on track, and as much as i am willing to do anyway, as i refuse to give up my splurges and food pleasures in life completely and i shouldn''t have to, as i managed to get down to where i was without changing eating habits much more from what i was already doing originally when losing the weight...but now it seems like my body is fighting with me. sure i am smaller, and i appear really fit for sure, one of my friends told me i ''couldn''t be thinner'' and looked really fit over the wkd (when i asked her if i appeared diff from a month or two ago at my smallest)...but i feel like my body is fighting to try to get me to a higher point that i am not comfortable with. i have yet to really find that balance with it and me. and some days it''s frustrating as i feel like i am doing the whole 90/10 thing in terms of being good 90% of the time ...and yet nothing is REALLY budging. anyhow, mini vent. i felt bad venting to my girlfriend about it as she is working out like a dog and has been for a few months now and she cannot seem to lose ANY weight. and she is at probably her heaviest since i have known her, maybe 20 lbs to lose, nothing crazy, but i know it drives her nuts that she is doing all this and can''t seem to make progress. she is thinking of getting her thyroid and hormones tested. so anyway then i think i guess i should just be happy i don''t have that issue of working and working and working and never seeing any progress.

anyhow...on another random note, i have talked about the possibility of us moving away at some point from CA to a more family-affordable place...we are considering the suburbs of PA where greg has family and friends...we loved our trip out last time and the area is super cute and old fashioned. but then yesterday i found the world''s most amazing house here locally...the market has stagnated a bit on resale and i like to look at what is around us sometimes, esp since we are up for refi this year. we were planning just to refi and stay in our townhouse which we love, BUT it was only always a 5 year plan for us. and since we are not SURE what we want to do with the whole moving away thing, i am wondering if we should just assume we are going to want to stay here another 5-7 years and ''upgrade'' into a house and then if we want to move to PA or another area in 2-3 years we can always still do that. the market here is almost always climbing...now is a rare time that it''s kind of flat and a buyers market and i saw multiple houses that i thought were cute that were doable for us without too much more $$...and this one that i saw i am in love with. we drove by it last nite and even greg said it was super cute. it''s an original craftsman which i ADORE and have always wanted, with a porch AND on a 10k sq ft lot which is SOOO rare out here under a million dollars. it''s in a slightly still transitional neighborhood but we live in one now and don''t have a problem with it, and it borders some really amazing homes and the street is 90% remodeled/redone/built up, and apparently there is more happening so i would imagine in 2-5 years it would be even a more valuable street than it is now. soooo anyway, now this is making us think. we have some decisions to make i guess!! i am super excited at the thought of this beautiful house, but we have to see it inside and all that too, the pictures online look stunning as it''s been totally remodeled but you don''t know til you see it!

time to get off and get ready for work. have a wonderful day everyone!!!!! it''s wednesday. oh and rod, we are going for sushi tonite with our neighbors. she is preggo but i showed her some of the amazing cooked rolls this place has and she said lets go (she loves regular sushi too and just wants to be around it to smell it!!)...so it''s been about a month since we have been to this place, i am really looking fwd to it. we''ll think of you and charlie while the boys enjoy their sapporos.
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, tell us if you like the house!

We moved on the spur of the moment. Buying a house was always sometime in the future for us, but one day I just got tired of our tiny condo (there was an incident with rearranging the already tight space to put up the Christmas tree) and announced we had to move. We found our house right away and had put in a contract three days later. The stars aligned so to speak . . . our house had been sitting overpriced on the market for a while, the seller (the niece of the deceased owner) was probably excited to get everything settled before Christmas and it was "free" money to her, and while we live in a great neighborhood and love our street, it''s right near this little enclave of bars and not what you''d call high end shops (tattoo parlors, cigarette shops, etc.), so that''s probably why there hadn''t been more interest. The deceased owner had taken our 90+ year old house from 1950 to 2000 so he did all of the hard work. We certainly wouldn''t have done as much as he did . . . knocked down walls, moved the back door, enclosed the upstairs deck, added two bathrooms, redid the original bathroom, put in central air upstairs, etc. Apparently our kitchen previously had only a stove, a refrigerator, a sink and one cabinet (which appears to be eons old and now resides in our basement). Our house is just perfect for us . . .

Anyway, enough about me . . . it''s not that I believe there''s some goddess of housing out there who matches up houses and people, but sometimes the right house just finds you. We''re not planning to be here forever since there are only 2.5 bedrooms (one is a "trunk" room that the houses around here all have where you could fit a baby or an office but it''s not big enough for a double bed), but we are loving living here right now and it sure beats the 681 square feet we had before.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all! I'm reporting in with a new low -- down 24 lbs!!! (Although I can't quite figure out how that can be given my food fest in Michigan last weekend and the bowl of peroggi I decided I had to have at 9:30 last night, LOL... )

PG, I absolutely agree that sometimes the right house can just find you--especially when you least expect it!

Mara, I'm so excited to hear what you and Greg think once you go and see the home. Who knows, this might be *the one*!

AG, sizes (like the scale!) mean nothing. I wish women's clothes were like men's, where you buy things in inches.

Rod, that cartoon is too funny -- and too true!

Kimberly, your dinner sounds wonderful (especially the fries -- yum!).

Danielle, I know what you mean about automatically making better choices. I find myself doing it too and I'm really happy about it.

Lorelei, it's interesting you say that about the warm up. Sometimes (especially on the treadmill) I just go right at it from the first minute and I think I will start trying to warm up more.

Marcy, thank you so much for sharing your story!!

Katebar, good for you on the great progress!

Monnie, we are trying to get into the habit of walking the monsters separately every now and then too, although our bigger problem is The Demon rather than the young one.

Skippy, how's the knee doing?

Mrs. S. - 106??? Holy cow -- that's an excuse for ice cream if I've ever heard one!

PG, gaining 10 lbs in one day? I don't think that's even physically possible... could she have miscalculated in some way?

Haven, that bread sounds interesting. Next time I'm at TJ's I'm going to check it out.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! I'm in a mad rush today, so I just wanted to quickly check in. Maintaining, not dropping, but since it's PMS week, I'm fine with it! Yoga Bootied, dog walked, ate my Total for Breakfast and trying to figure out what to do with the gorgeous salmon we got for dinner. Such problems, no?

This afternoon I am walking the diet gauntlet...we're having a meeting for a charity committee we're on. We're having it at the house so that the committee gets to know each other a little better and so the ideas flow a little more freely. Tonight we're picking up a veggie platter and a wrap platter at Costco, and tomorrow we'll get a sushi platter, so today I'm doing apps and desserts.

I must eat lunch first, though, or my "tastings" will become gluttony.

Hi to all -- I'll be a little more personal later on!

ETA: I edited out my offers of cookies, etc. It's not that I wouldn't share, it's just that I made myself hungry. If only carrots were chocolatey!
37.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee, do try a good warmup, I feel sluggish and I just don''t want to do it if I push too fast, whereas if I warm up for 10 mins or so at an easy pace, I get far more out of my workout and even enjoy it more. It makes a huge difference to me.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara..........Go for the house if you and Greg love it. I still believe real estate is the safest investment you can make and will surely appreciate over a couple years if the two of you decide to move to Brrrrrrrrr PA! We also love the craftsman style. We live in South Tampa, which includes an incredible amount of original crafstman bungalow type homes, all lovingly restored and registered as preserved for future generations. If you ever get a chance to look at real estate in our area, check out Hyde Park as that''s one of the communiities of street after street of restored craftsman homes. Good luck and let us know what you guys think.

I''m also experiencing what your talking about becoming a little bigger and weighing a little more, but I realize with my intense workouts I''ve gained a lot of muscle mass and that definitely weighs more. I still am a bit surprised to see my clothed image in a mirror and know that it''s me. My chest is much larger. My arms are much larger and I definitely fill out a shirt a lot better than I ever did when I was a heftier boy. But my pants fit just fine and while the scale seems to want to inch up a bit, it''s not fat. And I doubt you''re gaining fat either. You hike, you walk, you now run some too, you workout at the gym, you do aerobics at home and I guess the point is you''re almost always doing something healthy and fitness oriented, so I wouldn''t be too concerned about the battle. You''re just in transition and likely always will be as long as your pushing as hard as you do.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! still chugging along. i did the elliptical for 45 minutes yesterday, and will take the day off today as i''m going shopping with a friend. food today was a WW english muffin with natural peanut butter and a dab of mango butter, and tj''s black bean and corn enchiladas. i will grab a nonfat latte while i''m shopping.

amber and dj, i have multiple sizes in my closet as well. clothing manufacturers are so weird! and for the record, i''m willing to flock with anyone of any size as long as they are nice!

mara...i mean this in a caring way...but i think you need to stop obsessing about getting back down to your lowest weight. yes, you were there briefly, but it wasn''t maintainable for your body and multiple people commented on how you were too thin then. you are currently very trim and strong and fit and you look great (and your friends and family agree!). i think most of the people on this thread would be thrilled to have the success you''ve had. even at your current weight, you exceeded your goal, so be happy and comfortable where you are.

haven, i love ezekial bread toasted, tastes much better that way.

mrs salvo, stay cool!

marcy, you are a great inspiration for taking control of your health. i admire your determination.

phoenixgirl, i too eat about 1300 calories a day, which is what multiple calculators say is appropriate for me to lose weight (though i do usually have one day a week where i''m above that, about 1500-1600 instead). i''m not hungry if i eat the right foods, with lots of protein and fiber.

monnie, good luck with the dogs.

kate, congrats on the loss, you are doing great.

danielle, enjoy the time with your friends.

kimberly, my body has a happy weight as well. i just wish it was a couple pounds lower, but oh well!

rod, fantastic cartoon!

dj, woohoo for a new low! who cares if it doesn''t make sense!

jas, your food sounds yummy.

have a good one, all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Afternoon All!

Mara, two of our top four homes are craftsman style (the other two are Colonial and Spanish). They are stunning and that is a great lot size for San Jose, it can''t hurt to look.

Rod, that cartoon is a crack up!

I''m going to hop on my elliptical in a minute. We''re having chicken, salad and veggies for dinner, should be yummy!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check in. I''m telecommuting and it''s been a busy day!

Last eve''s trail walk was great, but it was still too hot at 7:30p. I''m going to stick with doing that early on the weekends. No way I can do it during the week- I''m outta the house by 7a! So looks like I''ll just have to make the gym work for me. I''ve done it before, and will get back on that gym bandwagon.

Have French class tonite. DH and I are taking a 6-week conversational course for travellers, in preparation of our September trip. So dinner will be on the run. I''ve got a TJ''s reduced-fat chinese chick salad in the fridge with my name on it.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends, Marcy, Monnie, Rod, Mrs Salvo, Kimberly, Mara, Haven, KateBar, Lorelei, Danielle, Amber Gretchen, PG, Jas, Shortblond and DeeJay (thanks for asking Dee about the knee)!

Dee whooo hooo on total of 24 lbs. and Marcy's loss too
36.gif
Rod cute cartoon. I love your present story.

Hubby and I went walking for 40 mins so I don't over do it. My knee feels fine
9.gif

Off to make dinner for us.

Group hug since everyone on this thread is a sweetie!!!
slider_grouphugg.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
I really wish I could read all these replies but I just can''t keep up anymore on here.

Just wanted to say a few things before I forget (and I''m only on page 2!):

DJ, congrats on giving notice at your job. It sounds like you''ve made a good decision!

Amber, I can relate about not being able to eat too many bad foods these days. I find when I overeat, I feel sick quickly and when I eat too much junk, my stomach is not happy!

Shoot, I already forgot what else I was going to say
32.gif
Well, congratulations to all those that have lost weight and inches! I went to my Jenny appt. this week and have lost approx. 22 lbs so far. I''m only on the plan 5 more weeks and then it''s up to me. I am starting to try to cook more so that I can keep up w/this when I don''t have all their pre-packaged stuff. I''m not too worried though b/c I can still supplement w/Lean Cuisine as I use the Jenny stuff now. I do about 1/2 and 1/2 now so I think I''ll be ok. Plus, I''m working out 4-5 times/wk (usually 4 but want to do 5 for these next 5 wks) and starting to incorporate squats and want to start exercises for my triceps.
Besides squats, anyone have any good thigh exercises? I think my thighs and arms are my worst areas and I''m not sure if I can tone yet, since I still have weight to lose, but I figure the extra exercises can''t hurt!

Well, guess I''ll get back to my WWT reading!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, good luck on your interview (of course, by the time I finish reading you may already have the job but just in case...)!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Rod, glad to hear your insurance will cover your procedure! I''m sure that''s a big relief. Insurance these days is just crazy as to what will/won''t be covered so I''m happy yours worked out for the best!

*sorry for all these mini-posts but honestly, I just can''t remember anything when I try to post a whole bunch of replies at once

Kimberly, I''m not sure what I love about my body. I am certainly liking it a lot more and even look in the mirror a bit more than I used to. I like my face as that is the first thing to look smaller when I lose weight. I like that everything looks smaller these days! I am liking how my body looks in clothes these days, how everything fits and lays much smoother than it did. Thanks for making me think of the positive!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, you look wonderful! You''re motivating me for sure! And I am always up for any type of motivation!!

NeatFreak, you are right about taking measurements. I''ve been measured three times at my Jenny appt.''s They do it the 1st time and then once every month. The past two times I''ve lost in all areas and it made me feel great. Sometimes it''s hard for me to see the results so it makes me feel so good to know for sure that there are results, especially since I''m never quite sure what to think of the scale numbers and body fat percentage and all that stuff. The measurements seem more cut and dry to me. And of course, trying on clothes is great too b/c lately I''ve been wearing pants that I know were tighter on me so it makes me happy to feel them looser, even too loose!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, I know that when I don''t eat snacks throughout the day, I am absolutely starving, especially since my actual meals are smaller. I always eat breakfast - cereal or oatmeal or whatever, then my mid-morning snack, which is usually fruit -grapes or a fruit cup, then awhile later a yogurt or sometimes I add the yogurt onto my lunch, then lunch, then a mid-afternoon snack - usually a cheese stick or fruit and then dinner. If I''m still hungry at any point throughout the day, sugar free Jello is something that Jenny allows as much of as you want. I try to only have 2 servings of fruit a day but sometimes I''ll add one if I''m just too hungry. The other night I had some fat free hot chocolate just b/c I wanted *something* but didn''t want to mess up my eating that night. It was chocolatey and filled my need for something, which makes me realize that my need was probably more mental than real hunger.
Anyway, I''d just make sure you''re eating something throughout the day and not let more than 2-3 hours pass w/o eating something small. If you''re consistent, you may find that you''re not as hungry during your meal times or at other times throughout the day. I can say though that it''s an adjustment. When I first started Jenny Craig, I was hungry and it took a bit to adjust to smaller portions. Now, I like it and I feel full w/less but as Lorelei said, if I don''t eat often enough, I just can''t stand it!
Everyone in court knows that I have to have my 10:30 snack regardless of what''s going on so I sit right there in court and eat my fruit cup or whatever.
Good luck to you!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 3:49:20 PM
Author: Lorelei
Great post with the advice for Chrono Rod, glad the biopsy is scheduled. Hey Rod, in 2 weeks it will be a year since I quit smoking, can you believe it????? How is it going for you Monnie with the non smoking?

Ok, I know all these posts of mine must be quite ridiculous but I had to post for this one
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Wow, I can''t believe it''s been one year! I''m so happy for you Lorelei!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, how are you healing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results