shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your opinions. I hope one of you will be able to find the website for me. I gained 45 lbs at the end of my pregnancy with the baby weighing close to 9 lbs! The weight dropped quickly but has remained stagnant for a few months now.

Rod,
My weight loss regimen includes 30 minutes of power walking 3 to 4 times a week and 1 to 2 hours of tennis 2 to 3 times a week. It''s a bit difficult to increase this anymore unless I take a hit on sleep but as you know sleep is a precious commodity when the baby does not sleep throught the night.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2007 3:51:24 PM
Author: neatfreak
This website explains it well I think. You should also look up what nursing does to your calorie needs.

http://www.shapefit.com/basal-metabolic-rate.html
Okay, anyone cares to help me work out my height into cm and weight into kg for the calculator?
I think it's lb x 2.2 = kg

My BMI is about 25? It came up as overweight.
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2007 4:11:05 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 7/17/2007 3:51:24 PM
Author: neatfreak
This website explains it well I think. You should also look up what nursing does to your calorie needs.

http://www.shapefit.com/basal-metabolic-rate.html
Okay, anyone cares to help me work out my height into cm and weight into kg for the calculator?
I think it's lb x 2.2 = kg

My BMI is about 24? Gosh, that's awfully close to the overweight section.
Blast - brain drain! 1 kilo = 2.2 pounds

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! I got it the opposite way.
emembarrassed.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear god did I just confuse myself... my BMR is either 1114 or 1696... This formula is crazy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2007 4:17:20 PM
Author: Chrono
Oops! I got it the opposite way.
emembarrassed.gif
I had the brain drain, I had to sit and think before I got it right!! I couldn''t for the life of me remember which way round it was!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, it sounds like you''re getting in some good activity, so that''s not likely the issue. I still think what you''re eating is likely too little and somewhat the wrong things. Please don''t think I''m being critical at all. It''s hard to eat the right things and lose weight. And it takes a long time to lose weight too. Again, with you nursing, I''d seek some professional guidance to make sure you''re getting the right level of nutrients to pass along to your baby while you''re also trying to lose weight.

Good luck there!!

PS: Read Mara''s posts and you''ll see how she leans toward high fiber and protein and less in sugars and fats. Mara has done a fabulous job of losing weight, and keeping it off too. She eats super healthy (with well deserved weekend indulgences along the way)!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are online AUTOMATIC calculators for BMR. But the previously posted website explains everything the best. Sorry for the confusion of everyone trying to calculate on their own!!!

Here is a BMR calculator. Then use the activity information from the shapefit website to calculate your needed intake:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, the website a lot of WWTers use, and someone else mentioned, is www.sparkpeople.com It sounds to me like it''s not how much you''re eating but what (lots of rice, bread, etc.). Your plate should be covered in fruits, veggies, low-fat meat (pork, chicken, turkey) and fish not bread and refined rice. Hope this helps a bit.

AG, you look absolutely fabulous!

Not much to tell this afternoon. We have dinner reservations at 6:00 at a restaurant we''ve never been to and the play starts at 8:00, should be fun!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I do it with the automatic calculator it says: "You have a BMR of 1368.45. You may want to try the south beach diet." The South Beach Diet??? Where the hell did it come up with that?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...thanks Kim!

Rod - so glad to hear you got your biopsy scheduled - I really hope it goes well, I know how stressful medical stuff can be! I think your mindset about all of your healthy lifestyle choices helping you get through it even if something is wrong is fantastic - positive thinking and a healthy lifestyle really do make a HUGE difference. My Dr. told me about 6 months ago that according to my medical chart (moderate to severe asthma among other issues), he would think I was sickly, but that because I make such an effort to lead a healthy lifestyle I can still do all the normal stuff and it doesn''t slow me down. It really brought it home to me how much of a difference your mentality makes, and I''m sure that you will have the same experience, whether you''re just recovering from the biopsy itself or (hoping not) something more serious.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted a bunch of stuff and it got wiped out.
29.gif

Here it is again:
BMR = 1463
Add moderate activity multiplier of 1.55 = 2268
Reduce 500 cals = I'll assume nursing will take care of that.
9.gif

Cals needed = 2250 a day

Rod,
I appreciate your input. Not critical at all.
3.gif
Could you please elaborate on what's wrong with my diet? I also take a dailt multi vitamin just in case. Also, aren't nuts high in FAT and calories?

Whole grain bread = it's not all evil, right? At least its whole grain with more fiber?
Rice = I'm Asian, so it's a sin to go without rice.
9.gif
But I do limit the quantity to a cup.
Dessert = I try not to deprive myself too much
Fruit = Lots and unlimited
Water = Lots and unlimited
Veges = Lots and unlimited (but it doesn't fill my tummy
15.gif
)

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
ag, you look great and have come a long way in the past year! based on your recent pics, i definitely wouldn''t look at you and think you needed to continue to lose weight, you look quite healthy. you, dj, and i are all about the same size now, size 4 shorties, hehe.

rod, glad you got your biopsy scheduled, hopefully that will give you some piece of mind.

lulu, nice to see you around here and way to go with the maintaining below your goal! whatever you are doing is working! i like exercise classes but prefer the flexibility of working out on my own, especially since i like to mix up the activities when the weather is nice.

chrono, definitely check out sparkpeople for your calorie range, but keep in mind that you probably need additional calories since you are nursing. high fiber, high protein meals and snacks help me feel full. i find that white rice is one of the worst things i can eat in terms of making me hungry shortly later, so switch to brown rice if you can. and ditch the unhealthy desserts - you can fill up on quality food for the same calories instead.

kimberly, enjoy your dinner and play.

charger, enjoy your hike. i love to hike as long as it''s not too hot outside!

neatfreak, i love to bake too but have really cut back since i started eating better and tracking my calories. too much temptation!

i am waiting on my boss to sign off on something so that i can leave work and go to the gym...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2007 4:52:00 PM
Author: shortblonde
you, dj, and i are all about the same size now, size 4 shorties, hehe.

Us birds of a feather gotta flock together!
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amber. I try to stay as positive as I can and since I started Rebuild Rod about 20 months ago, I've felt the best I've felt perhaps in my entire life, with fewer (as in really only 1 very short lived) colds and no other bouts of any issues. Plus my chronic bad back which required three visits every week to the chiropractor to keep me upright and walking have completely been elmininated. If I do have something wrong with me, I'm determined to get over it quickly and not derail all the healthy things I've done to make my life so much better.

Chrono, I wouldn't start my day with four slices of bread no matter how good they are or whether they're whole grain or not. The one deli slice of chicken is likely not enough protein to keep you going very far either. Try instead to have some yogurt (low fat of course, mixed with fresh fruit) and then a high protein cereal with fat free milk and I'm not talking about cereal's like Cocoa Puffs, I'm talking cereals like Whole Wheat Total (a wonderful cereral and only 90 calories in a cup + milk of course) or one of the Kashi varieties which are high in protein and low in fat and higher glycemic index ingredients. You'll likely find that takes you further with less hunger. And if you read Mara's posts, you'll see she eats something like this every morning. Your lunch isn't bad, but I'd replace the rice with vegetables for example and if you could have the protein baked as opposed to sauteed (which adds unnecessary fat) that would be a great way to get the fiber and protein in less fat and healthier all around. Second that advice for dinner and I'd avoid the Fried dessert all together and have the fruit plain. Of course one needs to indulge a bit too. That's why even when I was in high diet mode, I always had 2 - 3 pieces of Dark Chocolate (the higher cacao count like 70% the better) for a heart healthy and fun treat. Dark Chocolate is high in flavonoids which are actually good for your heart and if yo like chocolate it's a great treat too.

Again, I'm not a nutritionist. I'm just a guy who recognized that I had to make some serious changes in my lifestyle, both food and activity. I lost almost a foot off my waist. I went from 240 pounds to 172 pounds. I went from 33% Body Fat to around 15% body fat (thought that does vary a bit).

I still think that since you are nursing, you might want to enlist some professional help to make sure you and the baby are getting all the nutrional benefits you can.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
chrono you are probably not eating enough, and not enough of the right things. things like veggies and fruits CAN fill you up if you eat enough of them and eat the right ones. you might need to be eating more volume of things that are low-cal and high nutrition...i try to limit my intake of breads, even whole wheat ones because they just don't keep me full. i eat a lot of high protein yogurt and lean meats like turkey and chicken breast. i have also started eating way more egg whites and egg salad kind of things as well. protein, healthy fats and fiber will keep you more full longer.

i had cut back my weekday eating to about 1300-1400 cals per day and my trainer told me that was not enough food for me..i was actually gaining weight. he said to add 100-200 cals in of healthy proteins per day which i have been trying to do. i work out a fair amount as well so i am exerting myself as are you. now i really just try to eat when i get hungry, and i eat 4-5 meals a day instead of 3 big ones.

www.sparkpeople.com is a great website that helped me big time when i was figuring out what to eat and how to lose what i wanted. i would keep your exercise level where it is and just add some more healthy and filling calories into your diet and see if that helps.

thanks rod for the sweet words about my weight loss ... hehe. today i am not feeling that slim, i just went to nordstrom rack and tried on a bunch of jeans and man those mirrors are seriously unflattering!!! i did manage to find a pair of laundry linen cotton shorts in an 8 which is a bit too big for me but i can shrink them and they are just so cute on, and a pair of 7 jeans in a 28 that fit great...so it wasn't all bad but man. don't they WANT you to spend money there? get some better mirrors, my thighs looked enormous!

so now i'm having lunch which is TJ's egg white onion and chive salad in a 1/2 toasted wheat pita; and a can of progresso chicken noodle soup (with all the soup part tossed and just eating the chicken, noodles and carrots). chrono just as an example of what i would consider good eating, this meal will keep me full for probably about 3 hours (i also get hungry every few hours) and contains about 350 cals total, 7g fat, 33g protein and 6g fiber. on the flip side, an example of what not to consume for 350 cals in terms of nutrition to your body, that would be basically a mcdonalds cheeseburger which is like 340 cals, 20g protein, maybe like 15g fat, and probably relatively little fiber if any at all.

it doesn't mean i never have a cheeseburger hehee. but i guess what everyone is saying here is that you should probably examine what you are eating and what nutrients it is giving your body. being hungry all the time IS telling you something, you just have to figure out what. 4 slices of bread, while high fiber are probably fairly high in cals yet not really lasting in your belly. they might be 100 cals each slice, which is 400 cals just for the bread itself, and maybe like 10g protein and 10g fiber or something. whereas if you ate something like 2.5 cups of a high protein, high fiber cereal like kashi go lean, it would be 350 cals, add 1/2c of fat free milk for 45 cals for ~400 cals and you'd be getting 35g protein, 25g fiber for that 400 cals. see the difference? protein and fiber will keep you fuller longer as will good fats, than just eating random items.

good luck!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, Rod said exactly what I was aiming for, I was just switching back and forth between schoolwork and PS so my post didn''t come across the way I intended. Sorry if I sounded harsh. I totally understand your love of/need for rice, but I would eat whole grain, not white, and cut back to 1/2 a cup if you must have it. Bread/toast for breakfast is likely to leave you hungry and four pieces just sounds like a lot of bread. I''m an oatmeal gal and I eat at 6:45am and then have lunch at about 1pm every day and never get hungry in between. Almonds/nuts are full of fat, but they are good for you fats and a small handful of almonds or a small apple keeps me full between lunch and dinner, which is when I tend to get snacky. Weight is about 80% food 20% exercise. I think you should talk to your Dr. before you decide to do anything because you''re nursing.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
hehe...thanks shortblonde, and DJ, I agree, we should definitely flock together, although sometimes I wear a 6 in some things (or even *gasp* an 8, which I had to get in this dress the other day because it was cut super-small in the bust and I''m well, um, not...) can I still join the flight plan, or am I too big to flock?
3.gif
31.gif
10.gif

Chrono - I hear you on the rice. Have you tried brown rice? It would have a lot more fiber. Or maybe you could cut it down to every other day and eventually only a couple of times a week? I think the suggestion of a higher-fiber and higher-protein breakfast is a good one. Could you have two pieces of bread with chicken instead and some hard-boiled or scrambled egg whites? Maybe with a little cheese for flavor? Or how about a protein shake? The high fiber cereal plus fresh fruit plus yogurt idea is great too - I do that every morning, and its super yummy, filling, and healthy, with a nice balance of low-glycemic carbs, fresh fruit, and protein (I used high-protein yogurt). And maybe mix up your lunches and dinners - try some legumes or salads with protein on the days you don''t have the rice. And explore other options for dessert - maybe, again, you could cut down the unhealthy desserts to a few times a week instead of every night and find lower-calorie options that still *feel* indulgent - many on here are fans of slow-churned ice cream. You could also try to modify your favorite desserts - I''ve had pan-fried bananas made with just a little bit of cooking spray for oil, then seasoned with some honey and cinnamon (or whatever you like, just go easy on the sugar). Those topped with some whipped cream or slow-churned ice cream could be really yummy and way less calories than the ones that are deep-fried or fried in lots of oil or butter!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I agree with Rod and Mara. 4 slices of bread is insane for anyone. Just check the label, I am willing to bet that it's "wheat" bread, but that it doesn't REALLY have that much fiber. Most wheat bread is not much more than non-bleached white bread. If you want to eat bread, try to find one that is REALLY whole grain (first ingredients on the list) instead of just "whole grain flour" or something like that. And eat one or two slices only, with some protein and some fruit.

I find that I also need to eat like Mara, 4-5x a day. Mini meals. Trainers always recommend them and now I know why. If I eat 500 cals at breakfast I am just as hungry by 11 as I am if I eat 300 for breakfast. So you just need to do a better job rationing it all out. And brown rice and pasta is a lifesaver for those of us who like carbs. Also try Quinoa for a little variety and a whole lotta fiber.

Just stick around here and we'll help you! But you also should see your doctor before trying to lose weight since you are nursing.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2007 5:10:26 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
hehe...thanks shortblonde, and DJ, I agree, we should definitely flock together, although sometimes I wear a 6 in some things (or even *gasp* an 8, which I had to get in this dress the other day because it was cut super-small in the bust and I'm well, um, not...) can I still join the flight plan, or am I too big to flock?
3.gif
31.gif
10.gif

LOL, NOT too big to flock at all! As a matter of fact I have a pair of 8 petite pants (so really like a six regular) hanging in my closet that I need to lose another good five pounds before I can even consider wearing them.

So if all goes as planned I will end up at 1210 cals for the day. Although I am meeting a client later and if she wants to write a contract there might be a glass (or two...) of wine involved.
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG--You look fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself.

As for the bread discussion, if you must eat bread, try Ezekiel 4:9. They sell it at Trader Joe''s, and despite its goofy name, it really does taste good.

(Ingredients: Organic sprouted wheat, organic sprouted barley, organic sprouted millet, malted barley, organic sprouted lentils, organic sprouted soybeans, organic sprouted spelt, filtered water, fresh yeast, sea salt.)

I also eat five to six small meals a day, rather than three large ones, but I''m lifting pretty heavy weights and doing cardio, as well. It''s definitely what trainers and dieticians recommend for a healthy, fit lifestyle.

As for eating more fruits and veggies--be careful about the fruit. Fruits are sugars, so don''t overdo it! I''d limit my fruit intake if I was trying to lose some pounds.

I''m on week three of Body for Life and my arms are definitely getting toned, yeah! I''ve lost 3 mm on my triceps for the body fat caliper tests, which actually feels really good.

Off for a run with my little sister later, have a great evening, all!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DJ...that''s good to know
2.gif
Its funny isn''t it how different brands and even different styles of the same brand the sizes vary so widely - I had that dress the other day that I needed in an 8 regular, but then I also got some stuff at the outlet mall last week on our trip that is a 4P, and I tried on some regular 2''s that fit
20.gif

Haven - thanks for the nice comments. Sounds like you are doing really well. That''s a great suggestion on the bread - I''ve seen that kind at Trader Joe''s and sometimes get it for my hubby. I agree there are definitely healthy bread options out there, but I think neatfreak is right that 4 slices all at once is an awful lot and it would be better to sub two of them with something with more fiber/protein.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

rod, so glad you got your biopsy scheduled...

chrono, definitely check with your doctor about calories/dieting when nursing. You will burn 500 calories a day just from the nursing alone. I nursed both my kids and it actually helps you loose baby weight a lot faster but your body will hold on to 5-10 lbs a lot of times b/c it needs it to keep up the milk production. Once you quit nursing some will loose the rest of the weight, others have to work harder with diet and excercise. The others have given you great advice about food intake and making good choices though and sparkpeople has been wonderful for my hubby who had quite a bit of weight to loose.

it's so crazy hot here..106 on my car thermometer
14.gif
and although I love being outside, I don't love it so much at these temps. I did get up early to walk Zoe though, which is good for both of us.

hope all of you have a great night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

I guess I must have had a lot of pentup something, as even though it was still warm in the gym this evening, I was just on fire. I pushed about as hard as I knew how and then some. I don''t think I left a single muscle out of being pushed around and I did a full 3 hour (yes, I''m officially a nut job, I know I am) workout. But, I''m thinking I''ll sleep better tonight than I have in a while, so not only did I do something good for my body, I did something good for my head too. And Charlie wanted to know what was driving me so hard and I just said that if he ended up having to lay me out in a coffin in the near future, I wanted to look really good. He didn''t see a lick of humor in that. But then I reminded him that if I kicked the bucket (and I am being goofy here), he''d get the SLK, the BMW, the Condo and all our money. Hmmmmm he thought. LOL Sorry for being bad, but I need the humor to stay sane until this stupid biopsy thing is over and I know what I''m up against.

I ate really healthy today. For dinner, I had a nice bowl of homemade (from the specialty store I''ve mentioned before) vegetable chicken soup. It was full of huge chunks of white meat chicken, and all kinds of perfectly cooked veggies. It''s low calorie, oh so good and quite filling. Of course I had my 3 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate and I''m about to have my Fuji Apple to end the day.

Chrono.....I hope we haven''t sent you into lurkdom with our advice on your diet. We all hope you achieve your goals and we''re here to help in any way we can.

Mrssalvo......Ouch. That''s really hot. Aren''t you in Tennessee? You shouldn''t be hotter than Tampa, thats for sure. Hope things cool down soon.

I guess that was my evening. I don''t know what I''d do if I didn''t have the gym to take out my frustrations on and I feel so much better for having the opportunity to work out hard.

Have a great night and I hope your dreams are filled with happy thoughts!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
Just wanted to pop in and wish you well with the biopsy. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. And happy thoughts as well.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2007 10:39:55 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Rod,
Just wanted to pop in and wish you well with the biopsy. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. And happy thoughts as well.
Oh thank you Lisa! It''s nice to hear from you. I''m still not spending too much time on Rocky Talky, but I did read your Who''s Who from start to finish not too long ago!! I hope you are doing well. Your friend......

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, so supposedly my BMR is 1358 and my daily caloric needs are 2343.

In general I don''t count calories though. I mean, yeah, I look at what''s in what I''m eating. If I see that what I''m eating has 50 calories in each unit, I figure out what I should need at that moment (maybe 100 for a snack and 400 for a meal). I don''t want to accidentally eat a gazillion calories in one sitting. But I don''t keep an overall count. I figure I am eating between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. So if I really need 2343 calories a day then it would make sense that I have been losing about a pound a week.

Well, if I''m really honest, then what really happens on an average day is that I eat probably less than a thousand calories before dinner (breakfast, snacks of vegetables, fruits, nuts, granola bars, and/or chocolate, lunch), and then I drink whatever I want in wine or cocktails and try to eat small portions at dinner, but I''m not as calorie conscious then. So I''m consuming most of calories for the day between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m. Whatever works, right?

I''m certainly no expert, but when I hear how little some people are consuming, somewhere around 1200 calories a day, I think, where did they get that number? Did they read that it isn''t safe to eat below that, so they are eating just barely that no matter what their personal needs are? I mean, obviously the people on the Biggest Loser can lose 20 pounds in one week and must be in a serious calorie deficit on a daily basis, so I don''t want to judge. But when people say that they are eating very little and hungry or not losing weight, that supports my theory that that''s just too little for the average person.

Chrono, you say you have only 20 pounds to lose? That''s about where I was. And you are nursing a baby. I would figure out what your caloric needs are per day and then subtract no more than 500 calories from that. I think that providing your child with the necessary nutrients trumps you having a Biggest Loser experience. I''ve lost 17 pounds in about 20 weeks, and I really feel I''d be greedy or overdoing it if I tried to do it faster than that. I feel confident that I can keep up my current weight because I''ve adopted exercise and eating habits that I intend to have forever. If you have 150 pounds to lose maybe you can expect big, sudden losses, but with 20 pounds to go I think that 1 to 1.5 pounds is about what is recommended per week, and that''s not even taking nursing into consideration. You can still reach your goal in less than half a year, and it took longer than that to put it on, so that seems reasonable to me.

I was just reading a thread on iVillage where this woman said that she has to lose 10 pounds for some reason (wouldn''t say what), then said that she had been dieting and exercising and her clothes were getting looser but she wasn''t losing weight. Someone said to post what she was eating, so she did, and it only added up to 1025 calories! A bunch of people were like, hello, that is way too little, and then she wrote back that she had gained 10 pounds in one day and was giving up and would stop exercising and eat whatever she wanted and didn''t care if she weighed over 200 pounds one day. And I was like, um, what? First of all, eat more, second of all, who is "making" you lose this weight, and third of all, how can you gain 10 pounds in one day by eating 1025 calories? My point, if I even have one, is that overdoing it seems to lead to a standstill or gain in weight. If you are hungry and you''re eating 4000 calories a day and you''re not an Olympic athlete, then something else is wrong, but if you are hungry and you''re eating 1000 calories a day, your body is telling you something.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’rs. I did loose more weight so now I’ve lost 110.4 pounds. Yeah!
36.gif

Sevenwires, when it’s hot I need my ice cream. I am soooo glad they have low cal / low fat ice cream. Let me know how the skinny cow is, I’ve thought of trying it.
Mara, the ab diet article sounds interesting. I tried the all protein diet once years ago and I got pretty sick on it. Don’t really know why but I did drop weight like crazy on it.
Lorelei, yeah for a break in the rain. I’m glad you got out for a walk.
PhoenixGirl, you had quite a work out yesterday. Sorry you couldn’t sleep. We eat out quite a bit too.
NYC, I agree we all think we have glaring faults and imperfections that no one else probably even notices. I think it’s great you got so many compliments.
Kimberly, you are so right that our bodies are what they are meant to be; each of us being so unique. Congrats for weighing less than you have in 13 years. That is terrific! Your question about what do we like about our bodies. That’s a hard one for me. I usually like my hair and my nails usually look good. I like my smile. I like what I see in the mirror now but no one thing in particular.
Rod, I am so glad you got your insurance coverage all worked out and know you are glad to get your procedure scheduled. I’ll be thinking of you.
Jas, I bet your wedding photos are great and I am confident you were a stunning and beautiful bride. I hope you’ll post some of the photos for us to see.
Shortblonde, too funny we helped you decide to exercise last night. I find myself being more motivated to walk or exercise late at night so I don’t have to admit to everyone I didn’t do something.
DeeJay, I’m glad that got your mailbox back for you. I agree, you write very entertaining stories. Why I started my diet, you ask? Fear for my life would sum it up. I had a small hernia appear along an old incision and I was afraid to go to the doctor for fear of what they might tell me (most likely the first thing would be GO ON A DIET!!). I put off going to the doctor for months till I started feeling really bad and couldn’t eat much. That part was good because I dropped about 20 pounds over last summer. My blood pressure was horrid, I had a rapid pulse and heart beat. I worried about having a stroke or heart attack pretty much every waking moment. I decided this is so STUPID. I can do this, I will do this, I must do this and I started my diet right then and there on September 1, 2006. I made a doctor’s appointment that week to see about the hernia and weighed in at 300 pounds. My blood pressure was 160 over 140. They said the hernia was small and scheduled me for outpatient surgery in October. When I passed the pre-surgery physical and the EPG before the surgery I was STUNNED. My surgery was horrid; due to my size they failed to realize my walnut sized hernia was about 6 inches long. I was awake through all of it and found it to be quite painful. I wish I didn’t remember it. Of course stapling me back up with all that fat was a challenge and I still have a bad pucker and a little hole there with nasty scar tissue. I still have to watch abdominal stretching and exercising. Anyway, that little hernia probably saved my life because I got scared enough to change my eating and exercise habits. I base my weight loss on the 320 pounds that I weighed a year ago February when I went to a doctor for bronchitis. I think my all time high was about 340 pounds. Sorry for the long story but I feel comfortable enough with all of you to tell it. I feel SOOO much better now. My blood pressure is really low now.
Amber, you look terrific and should be so proud of your accomplishment. Congratulations!
ChargerGirl, happy trails to you tonight!
Neatfreak, I love to bake too it’s nice to take it to work or somewhere to get rid of the rest of it. Cookies are my fav to bake but I avoid making those now since I know I would be way tempted. Your banana bread sounds good.
Lovelylulu, congratulations for getting below your target weight and staying there.
Chrono, I eat one 100 calorie snack pack mid-morning when I get hungry and the rest of the day I eat something like carrots or about 10 original gold fish to take ease my hunger. I think 10 goldfish are 27 cals. I do like everyone is suggesting eat small things about 5 or 6 times a day.
Have a great evening!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 10:09:58 PM
Author: Rod

Mrssalvo......Ouch. That''s really hot. Aren''t you in Tennessee? You shouldn''t be hotter than Tampa, thats for sure. Hope things cool down soon.

yes, I''m in TN. the weather offically recorded us at 95 but it''s hot and humid and will stay this way until sept. it''s great if you''re on the lake or at a pool but otherwise you walk outside and end up sticky from the heat..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all!

Watching what I am eating; I am going to try walking again tomorrow.

I can't catch up w/this thread!!!! Hey Marcy, you did better than me doing the catch up. hehehe Great job on the weight lose Marcy!

Have a lovely evening all and Good for scheduling the appt Rod! I am praying for a clean bill Mr!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results