shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thead 30th July till 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara for the great protein tips. Unfortunately I am already implementing a lot of the ones I like on there. Ugh. I hate protein!

On a better note, I broke down today and joined the "real" gym a few weeks earlier than planned. I just couldn't bear the thought of another outside workout or school gym workout on such a ridiculously hot day. It was SO AMAZING to be back at a "real gym". Personal TV's and DVD players on every machine, new weights, pilates reformer classes...I wish I had splurged earlier in my graduate school career. For now I have to drive over there which is kind of a PITA, but in 2 weeks we are moving and will literally be 2 blocks away, so THAT will be fantastic. Not to mention that I got a $75 gift certificate to their spa for committing to a year. YAY!
36.gif

Heat hasn't broken here and JAS I totally understand about the dog thing. Mine is mostly std. poodle and hasn't been shaved in awhile. Surprisingly he seems to be doing better in the heat than I am. He just wants to play, play, play!

Skippy, that is AWESOME about the 1lb per week. Slow and steady wins the race!

Hope everyone has a great evening...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, yip, it is tomorrow. Thank you for the well wishes!

Neatfreak, yay for joining a gym. Thanks for the reminder; I always think gosh it is going slow.

I just got back from a 3 mile walk today; I would have gone longer but it looks like it is going to pour. Happy Evening all!

Kimberly, rest and I hope your back gets better soon; hope you had a nice dinner w/your friend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, Kimi, I''m so sorry about you hurting your back. People who have never experienced true back pain can not imagine the utter horrible pain of it. I''ve suffered with lower back issues since I was in my 20''s. Uh Oh, here come''s a Rod Core Infomercial...........and as many have heard me say, I was until just a little over a year ago, still seeing a chiropractor three times a week (talk about Dinero''s...agh). But since I found the benefit of core strength training, I haven''t needed to see the chiropractor in over a year and that''s just amazing to me. As you know I start EVERY workout with core training. I do multiple things, such as planks, back extensions, ooodles and ooooodles of old fashioned situps, some machines that emphasize the core and I do that for the first 20 minutes every single time. It''s also beginning to give me a six pack. WOO HOO on that! Anyway, sorry for the Rod Sermon. I hope you feel better soon and start doing some soft stretches right away. I used to make the mistake of waiting until the pain was gone to do anything. I found that if I work the pain, it goes away faster. OK.......Sermon over.

Jas, so sorry about your passport walking away all by itself. What a pain to have to deal with. Glad you felt you got some fitness in while you were searching though!

Skippy, we really can''t "afford" the car, well we can, but it''s foolish to spend so much on cars all the time. Oh well, lifes short and I say what the hell, I''m going to enjoy living while I''m alive. I''ve seen so many people scrimp and save for their old age, denying themselves so much along the way, only to pass on prematurely and never get to enjoy what they worked so hard for. I''m a get it today, because one never knows what tomorrow will bring kind of guy. I''m also going to be one of those old men, who is still working at 90 years old saying something like......"Sonny, would you like me to supersize that for you today!!" LOL Congrats on the 3 mile walk, Btw.......

Yay on joining a real gym neatfreak!! I hope you get as much out of your membership as I do out of mine.

Ally, try for more than 3 meals a day and you''ll likely avoid the "You''re so starved, you could eat a newspaper syndrome" On your question about the later evening cravings, save something special for the evening. For example, I have 3 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate (70% Cacao minimum) almost every night. It''s my special treat and one I so look forward to. Then I end the night with a Fuji apple as my final treat of the day. Don''t go pushing crackers or other high calorie, no nutrional benefit snacks in. It''s what may be causing your failure to lose weight.

I didn''t leave work until well after 6, so I didn''t make it to the gym until almost 6:30 and I was tired going in. But, Thursday nights workout is important as I push extra hard because Friday is one of only two days of rest. So, I got into it and had a terrific workout. I even got my favorite elliptical (it was easy, by the time I was ready for the elliptical, only the ''uber'' weight lifter guys were still there, as most sane people had left long before), but it makes my night when I get my favorite elliptical!

For dinner I had my protien shake and I tried a new Lean Cuisine that was really good. It''s chicken and noodles in peanut sauce and the noodles are made with whole wheat. Quite satisfying and tasty to boot!

Yay for tomorrow being Friday, but I wish Charlie wasn''t gone and we were going to have a regular weekend. I''ll do most of what we usually do, just by myself, which will be OK. At least I can sleep as late as I want and never have to hear......"are you thinking about getting up today??!! LOL

Have a great night everyone!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone -

Allycat - welcome!

Just got back from my bid defense trip. YUCK! I hate those things. Plus we worked all day and evening the whole darn time doing the prep, so no workouts for me since Tuesday AM. Fortunately we didn''t have the usual junk food laying around. Instead we never really ate, which is worse IMO - and I now have a raging migraine as a result. So I will just pack my two remaining marathon training days for the week into Fri and Sat and go back to eating good food again tomorrow. I''m looking forward to having a bowl of my usual cereal and my apple and PB in the afternoon - these trips always make me appreciate fresh, non-restaurant food so much.

One of the guys on the trip was a professional body builder in his hey-day and we were talking nutrition/exercise on the trip. I was asking about his diet b/c this guy was super lean and was built fantastically. Long story short, his "secret" is drinking Ensure for lunch instead of eating food. So that gave me some perspective - IMO, no body weight/mass is worth drinking a meal replacement shake everyday for 15 years to maintain a certain look. That''s just no fun!

Glad to be back and to see it''s been a good week for everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Tomorrow is Friday. Yeah!
36.gif
I went to the mall at lunch today (my hubby is out of town and I always eat chick fil-A when he’s gone) and looked at clothes. I love fall clothes. I like sweaters, jackets, skirts and jumpers. Of course none of the fall clothing is on sale though so I didn’t buy anything. Tonight after work I went to Wally World hoping to find a denim skirt I liked but no luck. I did get some of the $9 and $10 pants and jeans – it will be nice to have something that fits me. I told my husband about a year from now I’m going to be spending a lot of money on a new wardrobe. I also thought about all the nice clothing I no longer have that would fit me now. That was kind of sad but who knew I’d actually find the right frame of mind and motivation to do this? At least it’s something to look forward to next year.
My chicken nuggets don''t set well with me either; I am not used to greasy, fried food. Rats. For supper I made nachos out of a 100 cal doritos bag, 2.5 oz of 96% hamburger, 21 grams of 2% cheese and lettuce tomatoes. I stayed in my calorie range today but I don''t feel well tonight. I will eat more of my "normal" food tomorrow. Some days I just eat things that sound good then find out they don''t agree with me anymore.
Mara, 400 jumping jacks? Wow! That is awesome. Thank you for the protein ideas. I am trying to only eat out once or twice week to make it more of a treat for me. Yeah for wearing your skinniest jeans today.
Welcome Allycat. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down lately. Eating regular meals, eating right and working out is a great start towards loosing a few pounds by your reunion. I do have a treat every night as a reward for staying in my calories for the day. Tonight I had a white chocolate Lindt Truffle.
Kimberly, you started your diet 6 years ago, huh? Wow, that is awesome and you have maintained really well. You should be very proud of yourself. I am sorry to hear about your back, I hope it feels better real soon.
Chrono, I am sorry to hear you broke out; that sounds miserable. When I am not showing a weight loss, I am always loosing inches.
Danielle, sorry for the pantsy day at work; I’m even more sorry to hear you got a headache. I am glad your hamstring is doing better. Have fun at your shower this weekend.
Sharon, I’m glad to hear it cooled off there for you. We were in the 60’s here today; it was nice.
NYC, I hope your swim was nice. I really hope the water was cool for you. LOL about ooh I woke up so I get ice cream.
Gail, congratulations on loosing 3 more pounds. It sounds like you are doing a lot of exercising and eating smart. The yogurt sounds great. I generally weigh my food instead of measuring it; most of the packaged food I see says a measurement with oz / gram in parenthesis.
Shortblonde, you really did a great job eating right and avoid the goodies at your meetings. You are so dedicated and motivated. All right!
Dee, LOL about “Denile”. I am glad to hear your leg is healed enough you can start working out again.
Skippy, congratulations on loosing about 1 pound a week. That is terrific. I am glad the therapy is going well; it will bother your knee at first though. I really want a purple sapphire, too. They are very pretty.
Rod, I am glad you are getting the car that is right for you. You certainly deserve it. LOL about “are you getting up today”. That would be me around my house. Ha Ha.
Jas, sorry to hear you had a bad day. A good cry is good for us sometime and it is definitely less fattening than chowing down some chocolate. I hope tomorrow is much better for you and your passport shows up soon.
Neatfreak, that is great you joined a regular gym and that is awesome you got a nice GC.
Well, I must get ready for bed. Have a great Friday and then the weekend is here. Yippee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tdiddy, welcome back from your trip. I couldn''t drink a dietary supplement for lunch everyday. That would be tough. I hope your headache gets better.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Allycat, always room for more here on this thread!!! Ditto on the not skipping meals thing, it definitely won''t make you thinner but will hurt you in the long run. I''m a big fan of having smaller meals throughout the day even if they are just 1-200 calories each, it keeps me stable and happier for longer mood-wise plus I have more energy to work out.

Wow, I always find myself posting late at night and having missed a bunch of posts! Got to stop doing that! Anyway...today was SUPER hot here, I am desperately wishing for rain at this point just to cool things off and bring in some sort of breeze. It''s supposed to rain/storm here on Saturday, but that''s bad news to me because we have a little b-day party to attend at one of our friend''s homes and it will not be very fun if we''re all cramped inside!

Today I worked on my arms and did some lunges with weights for my legs, then I went for a walk by myself this evening even though it was still a whopping 88 degrees out. Jas, I''m with you, I was looking a hot mess when i got back home but it was worth it!

Marcy, hope you''re feeling better soon...it cracks me up when you say "rats!" When I took French classes in H.S. there was an expression, "zut!" that our text translated as "rats," so every time you post "rats" I think of that!

Rod, too bad you have to give up your little two seater and go to a 4 door, but either way they are gorgeous cars.

Dinner tonight was a ripe sliced tomato with sea salt and fresh ground pepper, and a salad of butter lettuce and raddichio topped with sauteed slices of portabella mushrooms, and a little Tuscan Italian dressing from TJ''s, it was soooo good. DH had some penne pasta with his but i had to abstain from those calories...I had a lot of other calories between breakfast, lunch, and snacks today so I was watching it this evening.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Deejay: Yea for pant shopping! I want to. I should but, I can''t! Actually drove to the mall and bought shoes instead! My feet look fine, so I can still buy that.

Rod, Marcyc: It looks like both of you do the chocolate. I think I''m going to start that. I''ve been craving chocolate for the fast few days and I want it so much I feel like my head it going to just pop!

My first pound!!! I find it really hard to keep on this eat three meals a day thing. I''ve never gone more then a week with regular weeks, and I intellectually know it works, but I always revert to major crash dieting. SO this is big. I''m relieved to see the first pound go. If I hadn''t seen any movement on the scale I think I would have thrown my hands up in the air and said "I''m binging this weekend and crash dieting starting monday." I''m really impatient when it comes to weight, but I also know my metabolism is really messed up from years of this. So hopefully this is the first step to change.

Friday night dinner out tonight (I''m going to try to be reasonable). We''re going for suishi. Usually I don''t eat that much suishi, usually a 6 peice roll and I''m done with it. However the test is when I get back home and want some chips! Major diet buster if I do it. And Saturday night, we''re hosting a barbecue for my friends. I''m making mountains of food. This weekend is going to be challenging! If I make it through without gaining weight, I will consider it a miracle!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I took French too and heard Zut means damn - but I like Rats as a translation better. I can cuss like a sailor if I''m really upset though. It freaks most people out since I''m pretty mellow and easy going. I hope the heat breaks soon and you get a nice cooling rain this weekend (outside of the party).

Allycat, congratulations on loosing the first pound of several. Yeah!
36.gif
If I did not eat some chocolate every day I would certainly binge on it tomorrow or the next day. I really eat normal, every day food but just use calorie / portion control. That way I do not crave anything. I don''t feel deprived or start obsessing about I can''t eat this, I can''t eat that. I stay away from baking cookies and brownies because I know I can''t control myself with dough or hot cookies but other than that I do fine. Dove promisies are 44 cals each. The Lindt truffle are 77 cals. Miniature 3 Musketeers bars are 25 cals, mini Milky Ways are 35 cals, 9 plain M&M''s are 37 cals and my favorite BIG treat is the Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate bars for 110 calories. If I go over my daily 1200 calories range(sometimes it''s around 1400 just depends on what I ate) I do not get a treat that night. It does help keep me motivated. When we eat out I only can have 1/2 of what I order unless I know the exact calorie content of what I am eating. I cut it in 1/2 when I get it. I buy the baked ruffles for snacks; they are really good and keep 100 calorie snack packs around for when I''m hungry. Hang in there, I''m sure you''ll do GREAT. I hope some of my tricks and tips help you in some way.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 1:54:03 AM
Author: monarch64
Welcome Allycat, always room for more here on this thread!!! Ditto on the not skipping meals thing, it definitely won''t make you thinner but will hurt you in the long run. I''m a big fan of having smaller meals throughout the day even if they are just 1-200 calories each, it keeps me stable and happier for longer mood-wise plus I have more energy to work out.

Wow, I always find myself posting late at night and having missed a bunch of posts! Got to stop doing that! Anyway...today was SUPER hot here, I am desperately wishing for rain at this point just to cool things off and bring in some sort of breeze. It''s supposed to rain/storm here on Saturday, but that''s bad news to me because we have a little b-day party to attend at one of our friend''s homes and it will not be very fun if we''re all cramped inside!

Today I worked on my arms and did some lunges with weights for my legs, then I went for a walk by myself this evening even though it was still a whopping 88 degrees out. Jas, I''m with you, I was looking a hot mess when i got back home but it was worth it!

Marcy, hope you''re feeling better soon...it cracks me up when you say ''rats!'' When I took French classes in H.S. there was an expression, ''zut!'' that our text translated as ''rats,'' so every time you post ''rats'' I think of that!

Rod, too bad you have to give up your little two seater and go to a 4 door, but either way they are gorgeous cars.

Dinner tonight was a ripe sliced tomato with sea salt and fresh ground pepper, and a salad of butter lettuce and raddichio topped with sauteed slices of portabella mushrooms, and a little Tuscan Italian dressing from TJ''s, it was soooo good. DH had some penne pasta with his but i had to abstain from those calories...I had a lot of other calories between breakfast, lunch, and snacks today so I was watching it this evening.
Oh don''t feel bad for me Monnie......Just the opposite, be excited excited for me. The order was:

1. Had a two seater SL500
2. Gave it up for a 4 door E350 while in Raleigh (one more reason Raleigh was all wrong for me)
3. Am giving up the 4 door E350 for a BMW 335I Hard Top Convertible!!!

I get the car next week............YAY YAY YAY.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 8:18:44 AM
Author: allycat0303
Deejay: Yea for pant shopping! I want to. I should but, I can't! Actually drove to the mall and bought shoes instead! My feet look fine, so I can still buy that.

Rod, Marcyc: It looks like both of you do the chocolate. I think I'm going to start that. I've been craving chocolate for the fast few days and I want it so much I feel like my head it going to just pop!

My first pound!!! I find it really hard to keep on this eat three meals a day thing. I've never gone more then a week with regular weeks, and I intellectually know it works, but I always revert to major crash dieting. SO this is big. I'm relieved to see the first pound go. If I hadn't seen any movement on the scale I think I would have thrown my hands up in the air and said 'I'm binging this weekend and crash dieting starting monday.' I'm really impatient when it comes to weight, but I also know my metabolism is really messed up from years of this. So hopefully this is the first step to change.

Friday night dinner out tonight (I'm going to try to be reasonable). We're going for suishi. Usually I don't eat that much suishi, usually a 6 peice roll and I'm done with it. However the test is when I get back home and want some chips! Major diet buster if I do it. And Saturday night, we're hosting a barbecue for my friends. I'm making mountains of food. This weekend is going to be challenging! If I make it through without gaining weight, I will consider it a miracle!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Yay on the first pound going Ally!!!! See, eating more regularly is a good thing indeed! Now, trying eating more often, only smaller portions and you'll likely see more pounds go. You go Ally!!

On the chocolate subject. Don't eat milk chocolate. Only go for Dark Chocolate with the highest Cacao level you can stand (and enjoy). I like 70%, Charlie goes for even higher Cacao levels (up to 80%, but that's too bitter for my tastes). Dark Chocolate contains Flavonoids, which contain Heart Healthy Fats. So, not only is eating Dark Chocolate in moderation (don't eat the whole bar my dear) a "look foward to" treat, it's a healthy treat as well!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Thanks for the tip, Rod. I did some stretches yesterday afternoon and am feeling better today. When I woke up yesterday I couldn''t turn my neck one way and I had lots of small spasms throughout the day, today I am not feeling nearly as tight. I''m going to spend some more time stretching this afternoon and see how it goes.

Marcy, it has been 6 years, and it''s never been a diet, it''s a changed lifestyle! The word diets are connected with "YO YO!" in my mind so I''ve never referrred to it as such.

We had a nice dinner at the Thai place. We shared chicken yellow curry, two curry beef and a sweet and sour shrimp dish (strange thing to serve in a Thai restaurant but good!). I ate one shrimp two 1/2" strips of beef and some yellow curry chicky over 3/4 cup of rice. I wasn''t very hungry.

I''m working today, another teacher asked me to sub for her. I haven''t been in her room in a while so it should be fun.

Have a great day all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 10:11:22 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All,

Thanks for the tip, Rod. I did some stretches yesterday afternoon and am feeling better today. When I woke up yesterday I couldn''t turn my neck one way and I had lots of small spasms throughout the day, today I am not feeling nearly as tight. I''m going to spend some more time stretching this afternoon and see how it goes.

Marcy, it has been 6 years, and it''s never been a diet, it''s a changed lifestyle! The word diets are connected with ''YO YO!'' in my mind so I''ve never referrred to it as such.

We had a nice dinner at the Thai place. We shared chicken yellow curry, two curry beef and a sweet and sour shrimp dish (strange thing to serve in a Thai restaurant but good!). I ate one shrimp two 1/2'' strips of beef and some yellow curry chicky over 3/4 cup of rice. I wasn''t very hungry.

I''m working today, another teacher asked me to sub for her. I haven''t been in her room in a while so it should be fun.

Have a great day all.
So true Kimi..........For me along with many here, I didn''t diet. I completely changed my lifestyle and I know it has to be for the rest of my life. My brother is a yo yo dieter. When he''s big, he''s REALLY big. Then he goes on a crash diet, loses gobs of weight and once he''s gotten where he wants to be, he stops dieting and starts eating bad things all over again. Only he gains the weight back faster each time and it takes so much extra effort to lose it the next time.

I''m glad stretching has helped your back feel better!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oooook so I''ve been gone for a while. I''ve been keeping up the diet and everything while I''ve been on vacation. There were some naughty days, but usually we were walking a few miles a day, so I''m not feeling too guilty about it. Now I''m back to where I have regular internet access (though no gym for a month). I''m staying with my boyfriend until school starts and I can move into the dorm. We''re both trying to stay healthy, so there''s almost no junk food in the apartment. I did cave and buy the 100 cal per serving Breyers and we split a bowl at night. I''ve been walking everywhere I can, even when it means sweating all the time. It''s been really helpful to have him around. I don''t know why, but I seem to only really crave sweets when I''m here. I haven''t wanted a Snickers or any kind of candy bar all summer....until I got back to town. So I''m busying fighting the cravings again.

Anyways, I don''t have time right now to get through all the posts, but I''ll catch up later today. I hope everybody''s been having a good week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy, i wanted to know where you found that the mini Three Musketeers are 25 cals because i saw a bag of them the other day and thought they might be handy to keep around work bt i checked the nutritionals and it was like 3 small ones for 180 cals. so it was more like 60 cals each. and they were pretty mini, 2 bites or less. the entire 3 muskeeters bar is 200 i think.

i don't agree with rod re dark or milk chocolate.
3.gif
to me, chocolate is chocolate if you are craving it (especially if its TTOTM!), so indulge in something you really want. if i do too many 'well this is better for me' things then many times my splurge doesn't mentally satisfy me because i feel too healthy hehe. i actually really like the dove sugar free raspberry dark chocolate truffles, they are 35 cals each (or like 5 for 190 or something) and actually have like 2g fiber in them and 1g protein i think. i'm sure it's not natural fiber but hey i'll take what i can get! they are ridiculously decadent tasting for 35 cals and honestly i can't tell at all they are sugar free.

read all the posts last nite and thought about checking in but figured id' save my post for this morning. lol marcy re: 400 jumping jacks. i swear by these things and have said this before. when i don't do them, i notice a difference. they are not hard to do, i do them in chunks of 50 and they take very little time, so they are a great 'get the heart rate up quickly' kind of exercise and every 200 burns 60 cals. i can typically do about 400 with short walks around our island in the kitchen in between in about 10 minutes. i know you have to figure out what exercises you can do but if you find out you can do jj's i would totally recommend them as you continue to shrink. i find they are great for toning the legs and butt and even arms!

sounds like everyone is doing quite well!! ally re: the meals a day, not to make it even harder but really you should aim more for like 5 meals a day, small ones. and to be quite honest, if eating a MEAL is hard for you, eat something like a luna bar. they are made for women so they have a ton of vitamins and nutrients and they actually taste very good, they have a ton of diff flavors and are like 180 cals and 10g protein and i think 3g fiber. so even if you just ate one for breakfast and lunch and then had a snack in the afternoon and a reasonable dinner it would be great. and they come in chocolate covered flavors too so you COULD have one later in the evening instead of eating junk as well. normally i am more a fan of a balanced diet where you get in lots of veggies and fruits and things too BUT if your eating habits are really bad to begin with, personally i am thinking anything that gets you into eating more during the day and of pretty good quality is better than nothing. it's not realistic to expect yourself to just go from eating 1x a day or whatever to eating 3 square healthy meals a day especially if you are not used to it. baby steps. so i'd load up on some reasonable bars like the luna or the lara bars (also made for women) and keep them in your bag so you can grab one if you remember fleetingly during the day to eat.

i can't imagine not eating every few hours. even BEFORE i lost weight...i didn't overeat necessarily but my body always tells me when it's hungry and i have to listen. honestly i become the most cranky and unhappy person when i am starving. it's a total personality shift. and i can think of NOTHING else when i am really hungry. i'd never make it on Survivor. hehee.

so anyway, HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!! i am so happy it's friday. mainly because i am like 90% done with my to do list for crucial items this week AND we are leaving for our trip on Sun morning AND it's the annual Fair this weekend locally and i love love love to go. it's seriously ghetto....but the fair makes summer for me. can we say corn dogs and garlic fries?! mmm yes we can!! so we are going to that tomorrow.
5.gif

but today, i am going to finish up my work projects and line up my ducks, pass off my projects to my coworkers...we're having a team lunch today at this yummy singapore/malaysian place my boss LOVES. they have a ton of things on the menu, and last time we were there i spotted a yummy looking shrimp and mango salad which i think i am going to get. my boss will get this yummy dipping bread and dessert but i can probably hold out...definitely on the dessert but maybe not the bread...hehe.

then after work i am going to the gym where i am going to do some elliptical and arm weights/work. for dinner tonite we are just staying low-key due to the Fair tomorrow and the upcoming vacation so we might just do turkey burgers at home with some alexa fries and veggies...OR we might just get burritos from this fab fresh mex place near us that we hardly ever go to since i don't eat burritos much at all anymore...(greg has them every week for lunch though!). this morning i stretched and did 100 jumping jacks just to get my blood pumping, then had kashi/corn flakes/berries/coffee. yum!!

have a fab day all!!! OH and update, i have an appt on saturday morning with the local personal fitness training place. i called yesterday and left another message and they called me back right away and were apologetic about somehow missing my saturday call. i talked with the fitness director who is a female and got the scoop on the facility, the costs, and who they have on their roster. they basically meet with you, go over everything and develop a program. it can include pilates since they have the machines, and also they offer specialty classes in a series kind of basis, right now they are doing some sort of yoga, a morning bootcamp, and a latin salsa dance class of some sort. i saw on their website they do belly dancing which would be really fun the next time they offer it. also the cost is more affordable than i was expecting, so i am interested to see the place, meet the gal, get more information. i can also just buy one session to try it out and see if i like the setup before committing to buying a package. so anyway, excited about that on saturday.

tdiddy, interesting about the ensure drink. an ex broke his jaw when he fell while we were moving years ago and it was wired shut. talk about a crash diet. he could only drink milkshakes and the like, so he got a baskin robbins milkshake every night and drank ensure for breakfast and lunch and in a month he lost like 20 lbs. not healthy but it was almost all he could eat! he gained it back of course when the wires came off. but yeah i am not into doing something like that forever. sure it's nice to get you where you want to be, but maintenance for me is the hard part!!!

kim, i agree, keep stretching the neck and similar. whenever i have top back tightness or similar, greg says its' because i am not stretching enough. most of your back muscles are also connected down your legs as well. so sometimes when my legs are tight, it translates into back and neck tightness which i think many people don't realize. i find when i have a weird neck pain or back pain, sometimes just stretching my legs REALLY well takes care of the neck/back thing faster.

happy friday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and doh forgot my workout update and dinner for last nite, see what happens when i skip posting. anyway went for a hike with my girlfriend, it was her first time but she walks a lot on flat surfaces. so we ended up going pretty far and doing about 5.5-6m, not sure how far exactly as we were talking the whole time...but definitely farther than when i am alone. and i am not sore at all today, whee. she got a blister but it was her sock rubbing against her foot...so she's going to get some new socks so that next time she can be prepped!

then for dinner last nite we did TJ's pizzas and salad. for dessert i had some gelato and soy froyo. funny but i am ADDICTED to this soy frozen yogurt i found. they sell it at whole foods, i can't remember the brand though, and it literally tastes like ice cream to me. it has SOME soy taste in it but i don't mind it....i got the double chocolate flavor and i swear it tastes just like baskin robbins rocky road sans marshmallows. super rich. but only like 110 cals a serving. so i am seriously loving that right now. a bunch of the other soy ice creams and yogurts are like 180-200 cals per serving and i always think jeez i could just have regular ice cream for that. so i love my light 120 cal gelato and this brand of soy fro yo. yum!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 10:50:28 AM
Author: Mara

i don''t agree with rod re dark or milk chocolate.
3.gif
to me, chocolate is chocolate if you are craving it (especially if its TTOTM!), so indulge in something you really want. if i do too many ''well this is better for me'' things then many times my splurge doesn''t mentally satisfy me because i feel too healthy hehe. i actually really like the dove sugar free raspberry dark chocolate truffles, they are 35 cals each (or like 5 for 190 or something) and actually have like 2g fiber in them and 1g protein i think. i''m sure it''s not natural fiber but hey i''ll take what i can get! they are ridiculously decadent tasting for 35 cals and honestly i can''t tell at all they are sugar free.
You know you can always disagree with me Mara
11.gif
. And I think you''re right. A treat''s a treat and if milk chocolate helps satisfy, then that''s a good thing. It''s funny how at one time I would have never eaten dark chocolate. I always opted for milk chocolate and I scoffed at the idea of eating dark chocolate. Then when I decided to get healthier and read that dark chocolate had so many heart benefits, I was like hmmmmmm, maybe I should give dark chocolate a chance and all of the sudden my taste buds were like, oh wow this is good and then I didn''t care for milk chocolate anymore. The mind can make the palate believe amazing things.

Anyway, please ignore my earlier don''t eat milk chocolate glood and doom suggestion. Eat whatever your heart makes you happy, just eat it in moderation.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday, WWTers!

I''ve been on the road for biz since Monday, and am just now able to check in. My eating has been pretty good, considering that most meals have been on the run. Earlier this week in Dallas, I stocked up on fuji apples and 110 cal pria bars (has anyone tried those?). Those two items have been my breakfast and then morning snack. Not exactly ideal, but MUCH better than a bakery item at the Buck or a greasy egg mcmuffin. I attended an annual media party in Seattle last night, and I was VERY good with the food. I guess I was just so busy networking and chatting that I really just didn''t chow down. But I did indulge in the "beverages" and have a slight hangover this morning- ugh.

My activity has sucked. I packed my workout wear, but have only managed to hit the hotel gym once. Traveling to three cities this week has been draining, so the last thing i''ve wanted to do is workout.

So the highlight of my week was visiting WHITEFLASH in Houston. I spent a delightful two hours there with Brian and the team. I plan to write a full report over in RT tomorrow.

I have a brunch with clients this morning, and will then do some shopping at Pike place market. The salmon at the fish stalls is delish- the best I''ve ever had, so I try to bring home a couple of pounds for the freezer whenever I''m in Seattle.

Here''s to the weekend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried some dark Italian luxury chocolate a few weeks ago and it made me want to hurl, but I did eat half the bar! Oink oink!
11.gif

I guess I will get my butt outside now for my workout...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

I''ve been only semi good today; sloppy joe mix with baked lays for breakfast, a venti (
6.gif
) skim mocha with a fiber one bar for lunch, banana and 2 rice cakes for snacks, and the HH is making something healthy for dinner tonight (I think whole wheat pasta with homemade veggie sauce, but I''m not 100% sure). The important part though is that *I*AM*GOING*TO*THE*GYM*TONIGHT*!!! I also took a 1.5 mile walk at lunch (thank god the heat/humidity has let up a little). Honestly, I think my scar is probably in good enough shape to handle anything at this point, but I''m not going to put the incline too high on elliptical because I want to be careful not to "stretch" the skin since the incision goes horizonally above my knee.

And good news/bad news on the job front. The good news is they have decided to promote someone from within so I will start training them next week, which means it''s conceivable that I''ll be out of here within a month, or certainly by the end of the quarter. The bad news is I don''t think this person has the termperment to do this job at all (and I have expressed this opinion to all of the decision makers) but I guess it''s not my choice to make so I will just do the very bets jobt I can in preparing her for the role. Hopefully I am dead wrong and she will turn out to be the best compliance officer on the planet. (But I''m not betting on it... )

JAS - we need to make a plan girlfriend! Tell me when and where is good for you and let''s see what we can put together! And I promise not to ask for ID.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
drat you and your fiber one bar, DJ...that reminded me i had a PB one in my desk here and i thought HMM yummy, because i wanted to get some extra fiber in today. so now i''m eating it. haha! which is fine, but i typically don''t have my snack til 3pm. oh well, hehee.

lunch was out with the team today at a great malaysian place. i limited myself with the bread big time, thank goodness it''s paper thin so it''s like faux bread hahaa...and had a shrimp and mango salad with red cabbage and lettuce and a bit of spicy non oily dressing which was REALLY yummy. and a chicken satay for some extra protein.

dinner tonite might be a burrito but i am thinking turkey burgers with some mushrooms and stinky cotswold cheese on top will be YUMMY, i can also make polenta fries and a side salad, with *drumroll* double chocolate soy froyo for dessert hehee.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about that Mara!

I was really bummed out last week. They had the boxes on sale 2/$5 at the Walgreens by my office but by the time I saw the ad and got over there they were all sold out.
39.gif
Too bad they don't sell these at Costco!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
To all those WWT people that are looking to tone their abs. I have ONE word for you:

PILATES.

I went at lunch today, so only a few hours ago, and MAN are my abs killing me already. I thought I was going to die during the class and I am in pretty decent shape! I know I am going to be feeling it tomorrow, but I am so excited to find something that will really work my muscles in my abs because crunches ain't doin it for me!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

So I attempted to workout on my elliptical today and 3 minutes and 4 spasms later I gave up. So frustrating.

We''re eating at home tonight, J is at the store deciding what''s for dinner.

Neatfreak, so glad you got a great workout in.

Rod, the idea of going up and down and up and down in weight just seems so bad for my heart that I can''t even imagine!

Mara, I''m definitely doing my stretching, I''m just not feeling better as quickly as I''d hoped. I''ve taken belly dancing lessons and it was a blast. I highly recommend it.

Charger, your trip to WF sounds like it was quite an experience, can''t wait to read about it!

Enjoy the gym, DeeJay!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo! That was FUN! I did 65 mins on the elliptical for 766 cals, and then a circuit on the arm machines (although I might have *over* done the arm machines because here it is almost two hours later and they still feel a little shaky... ). I really want to work out again tomorrow but I wonder if I should do every other day for a while since I've been off for a month. Really, the LAST thing I need is an injury at this point. It would drive me right over the edge!

Kimi, you poor thing! I'm sorry about your back. Go have a nice glass of wine--or three--and rest. If I were there I would join you (just for therapeutic reasons of course
2.gif
). We just opened a really lovely Argentine Malbec that I bet would speed your recovery!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, If you were here I''d break open my best bottle(s)! I''m contemplating taking Vicodin so wine wouldn''t be a good choice at the moment; I have a stash for occasions such as this but I hate, hate, hate taking it (hence the stash). Glad you had a great workout.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends!

I had a test today which took a huge part of the day; Monnie, Mrs. S and Lorelei thanks for you good wishes. Then I went and saw Bourne Ultimatum; talk about edge of your seat action packed!!! Matt Damon is a hottie in that movie
30.gif

You guys will be proud of me; I usually get the popcorn at the theater, well, I actually brought my own Healthy Pop and diet soda. The theater I go to lets you bring outside food but most people don't know. Hubby and I went to dinner at this wonderful hole in the wall Greek place.

Today I decided to have a day off from working out.

Yay, DeeJay for your workout craziness and feeling great!!!!
36.gif

Neatfreak I should buy a pilates tape. I love cardio but HATE any weight training. I wish I had a weight training buddy; that is the only time I was good at doing it.

Mara, glad your hike was great!!

Hey Marcy, glad you had fun shopping for your great new body! Whoo hooo friend!

I am glad you posted Monnie, I was missing ya! Yay for weights workout!

Rod, can't wait for your new car; we gotta live through you vicariously. hehehe
3.gif

Yay, Allycat for 1 lb; that was quick!! Good job!

Princess, yay for doing well even if you had a few naughty days. Kudos!

Chargergirl, good to see ya! Yay for eating healthy! Have fun at WF
11.gif

Lorelei, yay for outdoors workout!

Kimberly the curry sounds yummy!! Rest your back, you don't want spasms; I am so sorry.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 5:26:00 PM
Author: neatfreak
To all those WWT people that are looking to tone their abs. I have ONE word for you:

PILATES.

I went at lunch today, so only a few hours ago, and MAN are my abs killing me already. I thought I was going to die during the class and I am in pretty decent shape! I know I am going to be feeling it tomorrow, but I am so excited to find something that will really work my muscles in my abs because crunches ain''t doin it for me!
I don''t usually venture in on these threads, but I had to say... Neatfreak, I totally agree about Pilates classes! I only wish I could find a dvd that worked me as well as the classes do; they always seem watered down.
Okay back to my normal PS programming
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 10:20:39 PM
Author: musey
Date: 8/3/2007 5:26:00 PM

Author: neatfreak

PILATES.

I went at lunch today, so only a few hours ago, and MAN are my abs killing me already. I thought I was going to die during the class and I am in pretty decent shape! I know I am going to be feeling it tomorrow, but I am so excited to find something that will really work my muscles in my abs because crunches ain''t doin it for me!

I don''t usually venture in on these threads, but I had to say... Neatfreak, I totally agree about Pilates classes! I only wish I could find a dvd that worked me as well as the classes do; they always seem watered down.

Okay back to my normal PS programming
35.gif

Yeah, my muscles are hurtin now! I can''t wait to see what they will be like tomorrow. Luckily, the gym I just joined has mat classes for free (HEAVEN after a crappy school gym for 3 years!) and they also have reformer classes too, but they charge a small amount for them. I think they all will be well worth it considering I have never been stretched like I did today!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! happy friday...we are staying in tonite so it''s nice to relax a bit. work today was BUSY because i was trying to get all my stuff wrapped up for when i am gone. after work i went to the gym...did 44 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the weight machines for arms. came home and made us dinner...which was turkey burgers, a hot spicy polish sausage, some sauteed mushrooms, sliced sauteed zucchini, and baked polenta fries. dessert was the double chocolate soy froyo..yummy. now we''re watching skeleton key on tivo...hehee. hope everyone is out enjoying their evening! skip hope your tests went well and come back with good results. kimberly sorry to hear your back still hurts..that is seriously no fun at all. take it easy and rest up! rod hope you are out having fun with your sushi buddy for tonite. neatfreak, interesting re: pilates, i do some of that sometimes in my home workouts but on a super basic level, i hear it does work. i might see if i do the personal trainer thing that the gal can add it into my program. ally congrats on getting rid of one of those 6 lbs!

at the gym i weighed myself today and i still had lost those few lbs so hopefully they are off for good...but after the vacation next week who knows hehee. i am excited about meeting the trainer for sure tomorrow. greg and i will do a hike tomorrow as well.

hope everyone had a great friday...!! woo hoo the weekend is here and vacation for moi!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results