shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thead 30th July till 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all from the land of still pantsy weather! Wouldn't it be nice if I could have a good weather report to bring you all for once?
11.gif
Looks like a thunderstorm is now imminent * hides under desk*

Anyway I would first like to answer Skippers by saying my favourite Brady Bunch episode was Getting Davy Jones, the one where Marcia had a crush on Davy Jones of the Monkees and managed to get to meet him.

Jeff, Marcia still looks cute - she was in a magazine I bought recently and she has lost a ton of weight and looks really good. Oh My Nose was a great episode too, it looked like the ball really biffed her on the snout and it must have hurt!
6.gif

But I digress!

I was thinking the other day while on the treadmill, as much as I have to often make myself go out to my little gym and work out, I always feel much better after doing so. I make deals with myself, if I have the "can'tbebothereds", I will make myself go out and do just 20 mins which is half of the time I normally do. This is achievable for me, then very often once I warm up, I start getting into it and 9 times out of 10, actually complete my 40 - 50 mins, the trick is to get out there and get moving. Also I now realize that without exercise, keeping trim isn't possible for me, I need the activity to keep my body in check, so it is well worth it to me to make the extra effort.

Also Rod it is a year ( 1 Aug) that I quit smoking!!! I know this wouldn't have been achievable without working out, also I haven't gained any weight, but have continued to firm up and stay in shape, so this is a huge benefit of working out. It was the fear of gaining weight that stopped me from quitting in the past, so I am very proud to have completed a year of working out regularly and not smoking. Yay to Monnie too for 4 MONTHS smoke free and Rod for 2 years???

Anyway, have a great week all
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I don''t think I''ve seen that episode.
Hey, I too make deals w/myself!!! I think it works and a lot of times I end up working out longer.

Oh goodness, sorry about the weather. Sending sunshine your way hope it gets to you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, everyone!

Lorelei, I like those those 2 episodes, too.

I lost another pound so now I''m minus 113 pounds. Yeah.
36.gif

Have a great day!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy - Congratulations!!
Loreli - Sorry that it''s still raining. Are you anywhere near all the flooding happening?

11 days until the beach and counting down!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...The BB is always good for a giggle!!

Congrats on the pound loss Marcy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Steph - thanks for asking, no I am not in a flooded area, we are quite high up so we got away relatively unscathed, thank goodness!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I''d take a kiss and a hug from you over a watch any day!
2.gif
Thanks again for making my day fun.

tdiddy, I''m so sorry about your bro''s accident, but glad he''s okay. How frustrating for him. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

Marcy, the chicky sandwich was good, but too big, I ate about 1/2.

Lorelei, congrats on almost a year of not smoking! It''ll be three for me in a few weeks, I can''t believe it.

So we had an amazing dinner last night. We started w/ an heirloom tomato salad w/ vinegar foam, and then jamaican jerk pork served w/ pepper jelly and a sweet potato puree, for my entree I had port wine braised short rib with wild mushrooms and potato foam, dessert was a molten chocolate lava cake; I drank a delicious cabernet sauvvignon with my meal and an interesting dessert wine paired with the chocolate cake that I can''t recall the name of, it was a sweet zin that tasted a bit raisin-like, I don''t typically like sweet wines but once I had my cake it was really delicious. I topped off the evening with a stomachache from eating so much!

I have a paper due today that''s worth 1/5 of my grade so I need to spend the afternoon finishing/polishing it. Hoping to get it done early enough to get a workout in.

Have a great Monday all!

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jan Jan JAN!!!!!

Kimmy, what is potato foam please???
34.gif

Good luck with the paper!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, foam is a new restaurant thing (the first I had/heard of it was in NY about 1.5 years ago); they take basic foods, like potatoes, and do something to them to make it look like the picture I''ve attached. So it''s intense flavor in not a ton of quantity.

254099181[1].jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kim for the info and pic, I bet it isn''t very filling....
23.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Alone, it wouldn''t be filling, pared with short ribs and veggies it was more than enough. Yummy! I thought of you when I was eating my cake.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 10:07:36 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Alone, it wouldn''t be filling, pared with short ribs and veggies it was more than enough. Yummy! I thought of you when I was eating my cake.
Now I am jealous!!!
27.gif
Soon I am going to get me a huge hunk of CC and I shall eat it ALL, every last crumb!

I have a bowl of sugar free jello in the fridge...
39.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then I sent you the perfect gift Kimi!! Your dinner sounded fabulous. The tummy ache, not so fabulous, but I''m glad you and John had a nice time!!

Good openeer as usual Lorelei. You surely struck a chord of familiarity with me. There are many times I don''t feel I have the energy to go to the gym. Particularly on nights Rod doesn''t sleep well, which can be a lot, because I''m not best sleeper. But, once put my mind in Gym Mode and force myself to go, change and then actually start doing something, I find that I find the energy and feel 1,000,000 % better for having gone. So, thanks for the reminder!!

Speaking of sleep, I didn''t get much last night. I tossed and turned all night long. The kitties didn''t help much either. They kept coming up looking for Daddy 2 (Charlie) and they''d go so far as to dig looking for him. So, they kept waking me up and I''m feeling a bit sluggish today. It''s a day off from the gym, so I don''t have to push myself tonight.

Woo Hoo on 113 pounds Marcy!! That''s just remarkable to say the least!!

Close your eyes and that sugar free jello will so be Carot Cake Lorelei........NOT
29.gif
11.gif
........LOL

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!

The wedding this weekend was great! The wedding was my cousin (from my mom''s side) and we generally don''t see them that often, so it was really fun to hang out with everyone. I had forgotten how funny my Aunt/Uncle were and all the great times we had with our cousins as kids. Everything was really beautiful, my cousin looked great, definitely drank a little too much, but I think I danced my extra calories off! I hope I have half as much fun at my own wedding!

Yesterday, I was exhausted when we came home, and actually ended up going to sleep at 7pm due to a headache. I have some lingering effects right now, but I am determined to head to the gym this evening and get back to my routine. Have anotehr race coming up this weekend, and I would like to run 3 times this week.

So I was really good eating wise at the wedding. I didn''t overdo it at the Cocktail Hour (which is always soooo hard!), and I ate about half of my gigantic meal. There was a viennese table and I had mini bites of lots of different desserts, but what I truly enjoyed was my Iced Irish Coffee! It was soooooo good, and there was a huge pile of whipped cream on top (which I resisted 80% of).

Lorelei - that really stinks about the weather! We were havinga such a great summer, but now it''s hot, humid and lots of thunderstorms! I want to go back 2 weeks and enjoy that weather again!

Marcy - yay 113 pounds!!!!!!

Skippy - I saw your message on last week''s thread! Thanks so much! My knee is now only acting up when my hamstring is really really bothering me, so that is positive. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well with yours!

Kimi - your dinner sounds great! Yum, yum yum!!! It sounds like you had a great b-day!

Stephanie - whoooo, beach! How long are you going for?

Have a great Monday every one. I''ll try to check in later!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 10:52:46 AM
Author: Rod
Then I sent you the perfect gift Kimi!! Your dinner sounded fabulous. The tummy ache, not so fabulous, but I''m glad you and John had a nice time!!

Good openeer as usual Lorelei. You surely struck a chord of familiarity with me. There are many times I don''t feel I have the energy to go to the gym. Particularly on nights Rod doesn''t sleep well, which can be a lot, because I''m not best sleeper. But, once put my mind in Gym Mode and force myself to go, change and then actually start doing something, I find that I find the energy and feel 1,000,000 % better for having gone. So, thanks for the reminder!!

Speaking of sleep, I didn''t get much last night. I tossed and turned all night long. The kitties didn''t help much either. They kept coming up looking for Daddy 2 (Charlie) and they''d go so far as to dig looking for him. So, they kept waking me up and I''m feeling a bit sluggish today. It''s a day off from the gym, so I don''t have to push myself tonight.

Woo Hoo on 113 pounds Marcy!! That''s just remarkable to say the least!!

Close your eyes and that sugar free jello will so be Carot Cake Lorelei........NOT
29.gif
11.gif
........LOL
I just tried that Rod, I cannot imagine sugar free jello to be CC in any shape or form sadly....It didn''t hit the spot...
emcry.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I was just trying to be helpful there Lorelei.........LOL I too could not imagine sugar free jello filling the same spot as a nice rich and cream cheese creamy frosted carot cake. Now, I'm drooling!!

Also, I meant to congratulate you on 1 year of not smoking. In three days it will be 2 years for me. But I still miss it. I guess I always will. I just enjoy the healthier, not stincky, not out of breath, look's almost hot in a tshirt from working out so hard new and improved Rod instead!!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to both Hot Bod Rod and Lorelei for staying smoke-free for 2 and 1 years respectively.
36.gif

Also congrats to Marcyc for loosing another pound to reach under 113 lbs.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!
Rod/Lorelei, I too wanted the whole house. I loved the two door entry and also love the stairway. I just thought they needed a bigger backyard since they broke a window playing in the backyard. hehe
I also, loved Bewitched and I love Genie too.

I am going to go walking and then mow our lawn. I was going to mow it yesterday but it rained all afternoon. Also, I am excited because I treated myself to a little spinel so it should come in the mail today!!!
3.gif
9.gif

Kimberly, I so love San Diego so I can almost picture you enjoying your dinner and the wonderful views! Glad you and your hubby had a lovely dinner.

Danielle, I hope you get better soon!!! Do you think you had a migraine? Good job w/eating healthy at the wedding!!

ETA: Thanks for the article Alj and hey Chrono!
Sweet Marcy, yay for your weight loss!!!!
36.gif

Stephanie, are you in Jersey? Is that where the beach is; I think that is what you said, cool!

Recipe for Lorelei
31.gif
31.gif
, I will go posted in the WW recipes.

It makes 10 servings and 1 serving is 270 calories.

Carrot Cake
Ingredients
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup whole-grain wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp table salt
1 large egg(s)
2 medium egg white(s)
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 cup carrot(s), grated
3 oz light cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

Heat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly coat the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with wax paper and lightly coat paper with spray.

In a small bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs, honey, oil and lemon juice until blended. Stir flour mixture and carrots into egg mixture just until well blended.

Spread batter into a prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool completely.

Meanwhile, for frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread a thin layer over cooled cake and serve.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

The leg seems to be getting better, and my doctor's office called and left me a message this morning telling me not to worry about the bandage issue from last week.
20.gif
Great. Thanks for calling me on Monday to tell me I should not have bothered worrying for the past three days LOL.

Anyway, I think I am walking up to Tiffany's at lunch with one of my coworkers. She doesn't go as fast as I do, but I figure any walk is better than no walk.

Foodwise I'm back on my mission. One thing though, once these Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are gone I'm not getting any more because they are just TOO tempting. I've been chowing them down to the tune of two a day and that can't go on!

Lorelei, good for you on the 1 year!! And I know what you mean about talking yourself into going to the gym, but I always am glad I did it too afterwards.

Marcy, congrats on the 113 lbs!!!

Stephanie, I'm so jealous of your upcoming beach vacation! The idea of rest and relaxation is so appealing to me right now...

Kimi, I'm seeing this crazy foam thing everywhere lately too. I do wonder how they do it though. We went to a restaurant a few weeks ago and I had something with lilac foam. It was interesting but I couldn't exactly place the taste (it definitely wasn't flowery though!).

Rod, our animals keep us up way more than they should too. On Friday night I actually ended up sleeping on the couch all night (which is rare; sometimes I will fall asleep there reading a book but then go upstairs in the middle of the night) because when I did wake up in the wee hours I could hear the pups moving around in the bedroom above me and I was like, forget it, I'm staying here! And good for you on the 2 years!!!

Danielle, the wedding sounds great! And Iced Irish Coffee -- YUM!

Al, thanks for that article. There were a lot of interesting points in there.

Stephi, I LOVED the Brady Bunch house! I swear, some day I am going to own a big open plan ranch house with a second floor landing that lofts over the living room just like theirs did!

Hello Chrono!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cindy Cindy CINDY!!!

Thanks for the article Aljd, it is a good source of inspiration and I shall keep and refer to it.

Thanks for the congrats Chrono! Rod, you helped to inspire me with quitting smoking - thank you!! There are times I miss it, but I will never go back to it, I dare not even have another puff as it is a slippery slope and as we know, it is so easy to start again. I am veru confident now I have the tools to stay smoke free.

Skippers, thanks so much for the recipe, I shall be making that when Hubby comes home!!! IF I feel like sharing....
11.gif

Dani, thanks for the sympathy with the weather, us poor waterlogged Brits!

Dee, glad the leg is doing better!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skippy!

DJ, I''m glad that there''s nothing wrong with the healing process of your leg.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!! happy monday....or at least mediocre monday ? hehee. hope everyone is having a good one so far.

this week is crazy busy for me...work wise and also personal wise, i have things planned like 3 evenings this week, 1 for work, 1 with greg for a friend''s going away party and then a hike with a friend on thursday evening. since we leave sunday, we''ll also be trying to get small things ready for while we are gone...so the nights we are home i imagine we''ll want to be relaxing and kind of low key. then i have work travel the week after we return, ay carumba. i will be amazed if i don''t gain 10 lbs in the next 2-3 weeks. on the plus side, our hotel in palm springs has a nice little gym and also the work hotel in 2 weeks has one too. so i can def keep my workouts up at least!

anyhow, breakfast this morning, kashi go lean mixed with corn flakes, fresh berries, coffee. snack will be a pria 110 cal bar OR the 80 cal cottage cheese pack with blueberries. lunch not sure yet if our team is going out all together as one of our members is in town from NYC...or if not then i''ll just have a chicken noodle soup or something. plan to walk this evening, either at the hiking trail on the flat surfaces or around the neighborhoods, depending on how i feel.

have a great afternoon all!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday all!!! i was MIA for most of last week because i was busy preparing for my sons 1st b-day which was this past saturday....lots of yummy food and desserts
20.gif
...and yes i indulged--lol...anyways i already did my workout for today which consisted of abs and pilates. the weather is just hot and humid
14.gif
. i hope the humidity breaks, but its not suppossed to until next week.
38.gif

lorelei--yay for 1 year of no smoking. i bet your lungs are happy. and yay for being a firmer being
9.gif
woohoo marcy for 113lbs!!! keep at it.
congrats on 2 years of being smoke free rod
36.gif

skippy are you trying to make me bake in this heat? that cake sounds too yummy to pass up.
11.gif
i think i''ll make it thursday night.
31.gif

yay for your leg being better deejay....if your leg was mangled and paralyzed i have a feeling you''d be able to walk to tiffany''s
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI all..

congrats on the 2 years Rod...huge accomplishment for sure and congrats on the 1 year lorelei another huge accomplishment for sure!!

thanks for the article Alj...

congrats marcy on another lb lost..

skippy- glad you enjoyed the hike/starbucks on sat. my girlfriends and I love it more and more every week and decided to continue all winter if I''m still in town...

Deejay- that''s how we are with desserts around here. it''s almost worse having a healthy version b/c you justify it and eat 2 or more
39.gif
I don''t buy any chips either for the same reason, the bag just goes in a day...have fun at Tiff''s...

mara, as dedicated as you are to your workouts, you''ll be just fine with the crazy schedule...

NYC- hot an humid here too...I always start longing for fall around this time of year

So, i did the usual am walk with Zoe then took the kids downtown to the centenial mall/park to play. they have outdoor fountains for them to run around it and they love it, looking forward to a relaxing afternoon of quiet since hubby took the kids for a few hours so I can have some much needed quiet time..

hope everyone has a great day!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all,

Congrats on all this weight loss (woo hoo Marcy) and the non-smoking anniversaries. That is AWESOME!

It has been a crazy month and I''ve definitely missed a lot on these threads. I am traveling a lot in the summer as you may know. So in the beginning of July I get in gear and take a cycling class. Just LOVE it. Was working out on the road and eating decently.

Then the night after I took the cycling class, as some of you may know I was hit by a drunk driver. That screwed my back up and exercise has been practically non-existent because of pain.

Then I found out that I''m pregnant, and was during the accident (everything seems OK so far but I have my first prenatal in mid-Aug). So now I can''t ride the bike, since I''m clipped in and it would be dangerous to ride it. I''m so bummed!

So I am doing the basic walking which is recommended for preggos and will stick with pilates. Wah! On a good note, I have been eating extremely well! Nothing like knowing you are taking care of a TTot to get you eating the right things!

I miss everyone here and am going to catch up on the old threads this week. Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal,
Why can't you ride your bicycle? I continued to ride mine until my belly got in the way. I also played tennis right up to my estimated delivery date (I delivered 2 weeks later). Is your back still in pain from the drunk driving crash?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingG, I am so excited for you and Tguy!!!! I have been wondering about your Maui trip. Have you guys already gone? Yay, for staying healthy; I hope your pain goes away soon. I am so sorry.

Lorelei and Rod, happy smoke free anniversary''s!!! My hubby has been smoke free for 2 years. I love that people no longer are smoking! Kudos friends.

DeeJay, I hope you find a replacement soon and I am so happy you are healing! You sound like you are being very healthy, kudos

Mrs. Salvo, yay for your hike and Starbucks!!!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 4:16:35 PM
Author: Chrono
TGal,
Why can''t you ride your bicycle? I continued to ride mine until my belly got in the way. I also played tennis right up to my estimated delivery date (I delivered 2 weeks later). Is your back still in pain from the drunk driving crash?
Chrono, I can''t ride the bike because...well, I am just not that good at it! I am good at riding cruisers and regular mountain bikes, but this is a road bike with clipped on pedals. Sometimes it''s just challenging to stop quickly because I am new at this sort of riding and I can''t unclip my feet fast enough. Almost everyone who gets into this type of riding tends to have ugly scars. I could get regular pedals for it, but I am just going to put the bike away for awhile to be safe. People in SoCal just aren''t used to cyclists and I see people just pulling out of driveways without looking carefully all the time.

And yes, my back still does hurt quite a bit.
8.gif

I think with exercise, if you start it before you are preggo, you are fine to continue. They do not recommend pilates for pregnant women unless you have been doing it prior. I''ve been doing it for 9 months and feel comfortable with it.

Skippy, trip to Maui is in October...we can''t wait! We really need this honeymoon now!!!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
TGal - congrats on the TTot! Can you have the clip petals removed and put regular flat pedals on? I bike with clips, too, and would be freaked to ride that way pregnant. But flat petals might be ok, if you aren''t riding much more than 16-17 mph. Just might affect your efficiency a little, but still agreat workout.

Lorelei and Rod - smoke free for 1 and 2 years is AWESOME! I know how hard that can be for sure.

MarcyC - 113 lbs lost? Holy Smokes that is amazing. Truly inspiring!

Mara - I hear you on traveling and still doing the workout/eating thing. I am traveling 3 days this week for a bid defense. Those sales trips are always dangerous food-wise. But I also booked a hotel with a gym - although some of those gyms are really sad.

Today I had oatmeal with blueberries and protein powder stirred in, a bowl of this amazing Wolfgang Puck organic tortilla soup I found at the grocery store for lunch, a FiberOne bar, and will eat an apple and PB here shortly. No idea what''s on tap for dinner yet. The workout for today is a 3 mile run and 25 minutes on the elliptical. Another fun Monday!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 4:27:37 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 7/30/2007 4:16:35 PM

Author: Chrono

TGal,

Why can''t you ride your bicycle? I continued to ride mine until my belly got in the way. I also played tennis right up to my estimated delivery date (I delivered 2 weeks later). Is your back still in pain from the drunk driving crash?
Chrono, I can''t ride the bike because...well, I am just not that good at it! I am good at riding cruisers and regular mountain bikes, but this is a road bike with clipped on pedals. Sometimes it''s just challenging to stop quickly because I am new at this sort of riding and I can''t unclip my feet fast enough. Almost everyone who gets into this type of riding tends to have ugly scars. I could get regular pedals for it, but I am just going to put the bike away for awhile to be safe. People in SoCal just aren''t used to cyclists and I see people just pulling out of driveways without looking carefully all the time.

And yes, my back still does hurt quite a bit.
8.gif

I think with exercise, if you start it before you are preggo, you are fine to continue. They do not recommend pilates for pregnant women unless you have been doing it prior. I''ve been doing it for 9 months and feel comfortable with it.

Skippy, trip to Maui is in October...we can''t wait! We really need this honeymoon now!!!

Tgal! Congrats!!!! BUT, I worked at a bike store for a long time and you can absolutely still ride your bike! A good shop can switch out your clipless pedals for about $5 with plain old bike pedals as you mentioned. Won''t be as nice of a ride, but WILL allow you to still ride the bike and stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results