shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thead 30th July till 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/30/2007 5:18:41 PM
Author: Rod
Even though I'm on my own tonight, I'm still going to go have Sushi all by myself. I don't usually like to sit in restaurants alone, and I could get it to go, but I'm just going to go and enjoy a nice meal all by myself.

TG, I'm sorry your back is still hurting, but somehow, I missed the fact that you're expecting. Woo Hoo! Congratulations and I hope you have a really smooth pregnancy!!

Danielle, it's not easy being a good girl at a wedding, so good for you. Sorry about the headache. I'm sure you'll be glad to get back in the workout swing of things this week.

Thanks for article Alj......I hope everythings great with you!

Thanks to all who congratulated the non-smoking. Lorelie, I'm so glad I was able to help you through that time. It is tough to be sure. Skippy glad your hubby has hit the 2 year mark too. The time it's really hard is at Starbucks. Seems everyone smokes when they drink coffee and I used to as well. But, I still like coffee even if I can't smoke. It's really surprising how many really good looking and obviously in-shape younger people smoke??? I guess the in-shape part is for outside appearance, because I'm sure they don't think about what it's doing to them inside.

DeeJay, I'm hoping the kitties don't keep me up tonight, but they have this tendancy to dig trying to find Charlie. Plus, I meant to comment that I think you said you were going to check out a Jetta. I like the Jetta a lot. We have a few friends who have one and they love theirs. There is a difference in European feel and engineering.

NYC, I'm sure your son's first birthday party was a success. If ever there was a good reason to indulge, that would surely be one! Now, back to working out!!!
31.gif
11.gif

Glad you and Zoe continue to take your walks Mrssalvo! I think of you and the magic steps often!

tdiddy, WOW... a 3 mile run followed by the elliptical for 25 minutes as well?? That's great!!
Like drinking beer and smoking...they go hand in hand for alot of folks. I'm also convinced that mega doses of caffeine = road rage,aggressive crazy driving, as well as cell phone usage contributes to high accident rates here in the US.
Think about how you feel and drive after a very venti size coffee from Starbucks. Wired? You bet!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning Friends~

Thanks for the b-day wishes, Stephanie, so nice!

Skippy, eating out is tricky! Hope you find something that works for you. Thanks for the happy day wishes. Yesterday was fun, someone who works at the zoo brought in a bullfrog and turtle for the kids along with some snake skins, etc. They got to feed the animals worms, only one lil'' guy attempted to eat the worms too. Poor little friend, he didn''t realize it was alive (he''s really low functioning). I yelped and he spit it out, thank goodness, I didn''t want to have to fish the thing outta his mouth!

I''m happy to say all that''s left to do for my class is lots of editing. My paper has been submitted and we have one big group project due on Monday (it''s worth 1/4 of our grade).

I did not want to get out of bed this morning; that''s unusual for me.

We have play tickets tonight, as I mentioned, so we''ll be going out to dinner. I''m not going to have to do too much schoolwork today, so I''m thinking I''ll workout again this afternoon. I may take a nap too!

Have a great morning all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
skip, at a vietnamese rstaurant you should be able to order something like Lemongrass chicken with steamed rice...ask for brown rice. or something like a beef with a veggie in it or something. i am not sure what NM vietnamese places are like but here we also have this noodle bowl i love, it's no broth, it's just cold noodles, with a bunch of beef or chicken in it, with a bunch of lettuce, pea shoots, cilantro, shredded carrot, diced peanuts, and then is covered with this spicy kind of fish sauce. you mix it all together. it's verra good. i usually get that when we go. i think the whole bowl is around 600 cals (i don't eat all the noodles)..also vietnamese places typically have a hot soup bowl with noodles and meats, those are typically lower in cals, but the noodles do bring the count up as well. so a veggie/rice/meat dish might be best and just don't eat all the rice. BUT if you do get curry, ask for the rice on the side and then you can just pick the meat pieces out of the curry and mix them into the rice, so using really not very much sauce at all. just because something is cooked in the sauce does not mean you need to eat all the sauce also. (though it's typically tasty) hehee. anyway good luck and have fun.

breakfast this AM, kashi go lean mixed with corn flakes, fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, almond milk, coffee. watered my garden this morning as it's getting pretty warm in the days here. another full day here. tonite we are going for drinks/apps with the team and i was going to have one drink with maybe a bit of a few things then come have dinner at home BUT some of our friends wanted to get together at Mortons for dinner, i ixnayed on the Mortonay because we were just there (and it was just okay) so now they want to go to this FAVE place of mine, with the oreo cookie dessert i love. i really want to go but on the other hand i am trying to watch it this week because of the gorgefest in palm springs NEXT week. and honestly i am like do i really need that stuff right now? but i don't want to be anti-social either. so i have this work thing til 7 and the dinner is right near, so i think i am going to tell greg i'll just meet him at home, and go and visit for like 20-30 min and have a drink with the friends, then get to go and bring it home to Greg (thus not being around for dessert time!) it feels very 'avoidant' but seriously this is my fave dessert in almost the whole wide world (so far!) and i will NOT be able to control myself if it goes in front of me. i literally have a whole dessert by myself typically. which is FINE but not this week. hehehe. so we'll see...but i love their food too, i typically get their tuna burger which is to die for, with asian peanut slaw. so takeout might be kind of fun and still a splurge but without the dessert.

i plan to walk 2x at work today as well, to try to get in a bit of exercise since the day itself is so packed...at least i got in both a workout and walk yesterday. hope everyone's day is shaping up well!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, the foodie expert; thanks! I really appreciate it; I will see if they have the lemongrass chicken. If not I will try a bowl; thanks woman!!!!

Yay for a nice walk 2x today!

Has anyone tried Gnu food bars? I heard they are low cal and very good.
20.gif
Also, high in fiber 12 grams; are they good? http://www.gnufoods.com/ourproducts/

Kimberly, that is soooo cool that the kids had such a great hands on learning experience w/the zoo critters.
9.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
happy belated b-day kimberly.
emcake.gif
thanks for all the birthday wishes for my son---i also 4-got to mention(i think i blocked it out) that it was my b-day last week as well and i overindulged at 1 of my favorite restaurants in brooklyn the day after i overindulged on my actual b-day
40.gif
. its been 1 foodie day after another. anyways i plan to make the carrot cake thursday skippy...(like i need more snacks in the house
20.gif
)

today is a light workout day--just some ab work and going in the pool with my son. its too humid to go for a stroll, although i can''t wait for the heat to break or at least the humidity so i can. i find that i don''t want to eat when its this hot out. i tend to "graze" all day. anyone have a light veggie recipe? i''m so sick of bbq and chicken right now.

lucky you mara--palm springs..woooohooo...have fun. that lemongrass chicken with steamed rice sounds delish..i love dishes with cilantro in it.

tgal--congrats on your little blessing.
wooohooo for unexpected $$ rod.
22.gif

phoenixgal yay for looking so slim!!! boohoo for the dead fish
15.gif

well i''m off looking for a job. keep your fingers crossed for me.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
greetings from chicago! i just realized that, in addition to being on a business trip today and tomorrow (which means massive amounts of unhealthy food), i am also slated to go out to both lunch and dinner on thursday, and dinner on friday. yikes! a couple days of unhealthy food i can handle, but this is turning into a whole week...but now that i have realized this i am extra motivated to make healthier choices when i can. i have already promised myself that i will not have dessert with lunch or any of the sweet snacky stuff that they put out in the afternoons at the meeting. they just wheeled in lunch, and it looks like salad and wraps, and tonight i am going to a costa rican place with my friend.

exercise today was just running around the airports. tomorrow i'll either hit the gym or bike at home once i'm back.

monnie and marcy, i'll try to get some pictures of the necklace later this week. it's so hard to take good neck pics!

nyc, check out either cookinglight.com or eatingwell.com for some new light recipes. both are yummy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy tuesday all..today was the usual a.m walk with Zoe. I had to drop her off at the vet today for her comprehensive exam. they do 2 a year where it's just a basic wellness exam and they test for heartworm etc. and update shots. she won't be ready until the afternoon and I just hate leaving her there. I always worry about her and just hate coming back home to and *empty* dogless house
39.gif
I'm hoping the vet calls soon with news she's done early b/c the wait is torture..

anyway, i hope you all have a great day...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there MrsSalvo, I know how worrying it is when our furry babies are at the vets, but I bet she comes back with a clean bill of health!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Went for my 5 mile walk today. And I did a Firm workout yesterday, which felt good after not being able to do one for 5 days. Well, not that I was enjoying every minute of it, but somehow I felt like I was detoxing myself.

Weight is around 122, up from a low of 120. Not bad after ten days of vacation. I am really trying not to obsess about it. I used to never weigh myself.

DH and I had a conversation about "transactional" vs. "transformational" exercise. Not sure where he learned those terms, but I was saying how I envy him because I don''t really enjoy the process of exercise, I just feel better once I''ve done it for the day (otherwise I am disappointed in myself and anxious to fit it in). He said that''s "transactional" exercise -- I do it because of what I get from it. For him cycling is "transformational" -- i.e. he likes doing it for its own sake. So yes, I envy him his enjoyment of exercise, but it also limits him. He doesn''t do anything else, so while he gets a good cardiovascular and leg workout, he doesn''t work out his upper body. And he won''t always make time for it; he doesn''t feel like he needs to check off exercise for it to be a successful day. He only rode his bike twice at the beach, whereas I only missed two days of exercise out of ten.

So what are you . . . a transactional or a transformational exerciser?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a bit of both. I enjoy exercise and make time for it. The rewards are the enjoyment itself and that I get fitter and more toned.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting PG...i would tend to say that i think MOST men are going to be transformational and MOST women are going to be more transactional. i only know maybe one or two women that work out because they like it and they feel like it somehow makes them a better person OTHER than body related. whereas i know a ton of men who do physical activity because they love that particular activity, rather than it''s benefits on the body. i think there are a lot of ''both'' as well...or like shades of gray. i don''t like working out because i''d much rather be SLEEPING (my natural pleasure state)...but i like the way i feel AFTER a workout and i like what it gives me in terms of body image and knowing i am being healthier. but quite honestly i don''t get some mad rush while on the elliptical or even hiking or walking, sure sometimes i like it and sometimes i really like it, but i could just as easily be happy on the couch eating ice cream. hehee.

today is plugging along...i went for a 35 min walk at lunch time and man it got hot outside...i''m glad i changed my top before so i wouldn''t mess up my nice cute blousy banana crocheted top hehee. but jeans were not fun. then i had some TJ''s egg white salad in a pita and am eating some cherries now. there are some big meetings going on since a huge vendor is visiting us this week, we have meetings with them this afternoon but many of the top execs are in all day meetings so they brought food in and it is in one of the conf rooms near us. they had cookies and a bunch of people were eating them so i snagged 1/2 and i am looking at it now. hehee. i may or may not eat it as we ARE going out for dinner tonite with our friends and that means i might end up having some dessert after all!! which i am trying to be zen about...we have another event tomorrow night BUT we don''t have to eat out then though we planned to. so i thought well we could have our splurge tonite and then just eat at home tomorrow and it''s a wash. so we might do that.

funny note though, i swear, as obsessed as we can get about our bodies and all that, last nite when i was sitting on the couch, greg was like ''do you want another serving of dinner (red beans and rice with sausage!)...you are looking kinda thin, i can see ribs'' and he pokes me. i am like ''thats fat on top of my rib, no extra serving for me''...and he just poked me again and said i was looking too skinny. and i''m thinking, when will my belly deflate? hehehe. happy medium anyone?! he has actually been telling me he loves my body the way it is now and he doesn''t want me to lose anything else, not even ''just fat''.

on an awesome personal body note, i definitely am more firm looking...you can see the long leg muscle on the sides of my legs now with me just standing up...whee. and my butt is pretty firm. and my arms and triceps have a bit more definition. i left a message for one of the local training places but they never called me back. and then this week is just shaping up to be insano, so i figure if i can''t get in this week to meet and greet with anyone, i can focus on it when i get back from my next 2 trips because i will be REALLY motivated then after 2 weeks away traveling to get back on track big time.
2.gif

sounds like everyone is doing fab...for you gals who do the home workouts (pg, jas etc)...which are your favorites so far and easy to follow? i do my own versions of home workouts which ARE effective, but i might get a video or two just to switch it up. do any of them have cardio mixed with sculpting? recommend please!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 1:49:04 PM
Author: Lorelei
Hang in there MrsSalvo, I know how worrying it is when our furry babies are at the vets, but I bet she comes back with a clean bill of health!

thanks Lorelei, I just picked her up and we''re back home. Clean bill of health as you predicted but the Doc still recommends another 10lb wieght loss for her. She''s lost about 4 lbs since her last check-up in Jan. so she''s on the right track but I''m going to have to keep a closer eye on her b/c I know how much my kids love to *share* and how much she loves following them around or sitting under the table at dinner with high hopes some goodie will be dropped for her to consume...I''m just glad there isn''t anything else to worry about
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lunch was yummy; I took Mara's advice (thxs Missy) and ordered the Lemongrass chicken and loved it!!!!
18.gif

Then I went to physical therapy and I learned so much about why my knees hurt. It turns out my upper legs are turned in due to genetics so it is makes my knees hurt. She suggested orthodics (makes me think of butt ugly shoes for 80 yr olds).
14.gif
Also, I have muscle building exercise which I need to do everyday. I am excited because I went to PT before but they did nothing except stretching. My PT teaches at the University too which makes me happy that I am good hands! Yay!
9.gif

Happy Belated birthday NYCsparkle!!!
emcake.gif
emotion-19.gif
Glad you are going to try the carrot cake! Cheers to you and your sons bday; how fun to have your birthdays so close to each other.

Mrs.Salvo, Zoe will be okay; saying a doggie prayer for Zoe. ETA: ops, just saw your post! Yay for clean bill of health for Zoe; glad you take Zoe for walks!

DeeJay, have you been able to exercise? How is your leg? I hope it is healing quickly!

Shortblond, traveling and eating out is hard try hard to make healthy choices and best wishes for you. Yay, to Costa Rican food, sounds yummy! Glad you got some exercise in!

PG, yay for your 5 mi walk; great!

Hey Chrono, I love reading about your yummy gems; I hope to find one I love soon! Yay, for making time to workout!

Rod, yay for money
22.gif
Hope your day is nice and yay for being only a mile from home.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Tuesday...hard to believe that in a few hours, July of 2007 will be no more. This summer is FLYING. I told DH that if there were a way to just freeze time, just for a little bit...then he speechified about the effects that would have on the planet, blah blah blah I stopped listening. I do love him, but his romance gene does not work on subtlety.

Today is an interesting eating day. Kashi Go Lean bar for a quick breakfast (yummy, full of fiber, but not enough mouth pleasure.)...had lunch with some former co-workers for one of their birthdays. The hostess went "retro" with the foods (you KNOW a theme lunch is going to be so unhealthy!) -- Waldorf Salad, Potato Salad, Barbecued Chicken, 3 Bean Salad...and chocolate cake. Believe it or not, I did pretty well based on what I guesstimated on Sparkpeople...I had mostly the bean salad and just about 2 bites of the other salads, and a palm-sized serving of the chicken. I''m still doing fine for the day. Tonight''s dinner will be a CL recipe -- Spiced Salmon and some spinach. Yummy.

No workout today because the timing of the lunch + distance had to travel = waaaay too many hours...I had to leave the house at 10 am and got back at 3:30 and still had lots of stuff to do around the house...so my Wednesday free day was transferred to today.

Rod -- You are my best audience :) I hope your seminar day was not excruciating (maybe it''s just in education that seminar days are tough) and that your early workout is fabulous. It''s so excellent that your years of service were recognized! Mad money! Maybe you could pay for your new sushi pal''s girlfriend to settle down a little.

Marcy -- how''s the camera working (or not working)?

Monarch -- WHOO! Each pound is a victory!

Neatfreak - -hope the final hours of in-law visitation are lovely!

Phoenixgirl -- Your story about the Great Wiffleball Tragedy of ''07 cracked me up. You can vent anytime you want -- you weave a great story! So sorry about the fish, but again, love the story of the message! You''re too funny!

Lorelei -- I want you to know that the main picture from your linkie is now my screensaver. NOT. But I DID forward that to a bunch of friends (or should I say...former friends.) Even without the perm buildup, they still thought it was funny. A+ for you!

Skippy -- How did the PT go?

MrsSalvo -- PHEW about the doggie.

Later, folks...

OMG -- has anyone seen the new Hillshire Farms commercial with the guys grilling and doing a call and response ("I said a grilled hot link!") It was just showing as I was typing and it is striking my funny bone. Sad, actually. I am easily amused.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

Skip, I''m glad you gained some insight at PT. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but ugly shoes is better than pain!

Jas, your theme lunch sounds fun!

Happy belated b-day, nyc!!!
emotion-19.gif

I came home and crashed for about an hour. Finished a short workout and need to hit the shower to get ready for dinner/play.

Have a great evening all.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I FINALLY WENT BACK TO THE GYM!!! Whoo!
36.gif
I ran for 33 minutes and then did my Buff Brides Workout which consists of weight training. Hehehe, I feel silly doing those exercises.

I have been feeling sluggish and tired, and of course now that I went back to the gym, I feel great! I did find out today though that my gym will be closed from August 18th until September 3rd!!! Stupid college gym!!! I am going to have to find alternate means of working out during those weeks, I imagine I will be quite stressed from last minute wedding preparations and I do want to look my best on my big day! Maybe I will see if one of th egyms around me has a 2 week free trial or something.

I missed all the Brady Bunch talk, but I too love their house. I believe the house is real and I remember reading or seeing on VH1 or something that you can actually visit the home! I can''t remember where/when I read that though, so don''t quote me on it!

Skippy - great news from the PT! Having a workable solution always puts my mind at ease. Sure, orthotics are ugly, but think of all the pain-free walking you can do!

Kimi - your adventures with the kids are always admireable - they are lucky to have you! Hope the play is great tonight!

Tgal! Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!! That is awesome, and I hope you will pop in here even if you are just walking (that counts!). Best wishes to you, TGuy & Ttot (hehehe).

NYC - I like to eat a lot of salads in the summer, but to make them more like meals, I will add beans of some sort (chick peas are always good) or a bit of cheese. I made a salad a couple of weeks ago that had white beans, onions, and balsamic vinegar as a side dish, but it was light and delicious! I bet you could make 3 or 4 different salads and make a whole meal out of it! Happy Belated B-day.

Shortblonde - that is a lot of eating out. I''m sure you''ll do fine though!!

MrsSalvo - glad to hear Zoe got a clean bill of health!!!

PG - sounds like you kept up really well on vacation with your workouts and you are right back into the swing of things. I''m sure you''ll lose those 2 lbs really fast. I am definitely a transactional exerciser and I think my fi is also. However, our friend definitely is a transformational exerciser. He participates in a lot of recreational sports and I could never imagine him hanging out in a gym for an hour a day.

Mara - I''m sure you look FAB! Have fun on your trips and worry about that Personal Trainer when you get back! You will be fine - we promise
2.gif

Jas - you always make me laugh. It sounds like you are doing great and your friend''s lunch sounds delicious even if she had mostly unhealthy items.

Marcy - oooh, digital SLR - I really want one, but I cannot justify it yet!!

Rod - how was your seminar? Your poor quiet meal was ruined!!!

Monarch - whoooooooo on the one pound!!! Definitely sounds like you need some new sneakers. I LOVE new sneakers!!

Neatfreak - 1 lb & 1/2 inch in one week is still really good. Sounds like you''re doing a great job!

Stephanie - I find I am usually hungrier after a cardio workout. I find that eating something small an hour before hand really helps. I usually have an apple.

Dee - did you finally get clearance to work out?!?!

tdiddy - mmmmm, tortilla soup, that sounds good! 3 miles & 25 elliptical - I am not a cardio fan, I am in awe right now!

Hi Lorelei, Chrono, Alj & Jeff!

So, I think by all my exclamation points I have concluded I am on an exercise high. I don''t know what''s wrong with my brain where it thinks I DONT want to work out! Strange thing, it is.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in from rain soaked Tampa. It''s been a long and unusually rainy day, but we so needed the rain. I guess you could say it was a Pantsy day, but I''m still really sure what "Pantsy" really means. Sometime you''ll have to explain that more fully Lorelei!!

I had to get up extra early to be at the Hotel by 8:00 AM, even though it''s really close to home (it''s more like 3 miles, not 1.2, but still just up the street). Then as I entered the garage up the street from the hotel, the skies opened up with lightning and thunder and I had to use my umbrella, which I really hate to do in a thunderstorm. I was fine, but it was raining so hard, even with the umbrella, my pant legs got soaked (is that part of the Pantsy part Lorelei?). The seminar was good. The morning was more a Monster.com (that''s who put on the seminar) commercial for recruiters to buy branding from Monster, but the afternoon session was actually really good and they spent a lot time dealing with deep candidate searches, which as recruiters, we can always use help with. I think my interns may have been a little overwhelmed, but all in all it was a good session. They fed us constantly though and with little thought towards healthy fare. Lunch was sandwiches and chips (good sandwiches and homemade chips), chicken soup and caesar chicken or shrimp salad. I was so hungry by lunch time that I just ate and decided to not worry about the calories. I did skip the dessert bar, which included one of my favorites, yummy looking Key Lime Pie, but I didn''t need to heap those calories on top of lunch. Then around 3, they brought in popcorn, fresh fruit, pretzels and assorted other snacks, so of course I headed directly for the popcorn. I don''t get to have popcorn too often, so that was a nice treat.

The session ended at 4:30, so I got to get to the gym much earlier than normal, which was nice. I got home before 9 on a Tuesday night, which is a rare treat!

It''s back to the office and a more regular schedule tomorrow. Thursday, Charlie''s heading to visit his family in Buffalo, so I''ll be on my own from Thursday through Monday. I''m sure I''ll have a quiet time on my own and will work out like I would normally work out. I won''t have the same problem Friday night, as I''m meeting a good friend and her 13 year old daughter for Sushi at Favorite Sushi place #1.

I read most of today''s posts, and just wanted to congratulate Danielle for making it back in the gym! Sounds like everyone''s doing well as usual!!

Cya tomorrow for sure.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT''ers.
35.gif
I had my second hectic day at work. We are short a few people, I am training a new person and had several big projects to finish. I told a friend at work the big difference for me is that even when I get stressed now it doesn’t shoot up my blood pressure. Woo hoo for getting that normalized.
I lost another 2/10 pound so I’m closing in quickly on that next pound.
1.gif

Monnie and Mara, I love to drive fast! My father was a mechanic so he always had to have the fast cars when I was growing up. I think the Mini’s would be awesome to zip around in. I had a 66 red Mustang when we got married but it was very impractical for us to keep it since I left it parked in the winter. I miss it.
Stephanie, it sounds like you are ready for your big trip to Florida. Woo hoo!
Skippy, I am really starting to like halo rings. I have several tanzanite rings and don’t have any problem with them. I would say I’m about average on jewelry for roughness. I try to be careful but sometimes I hit something with them. I don’t think you’d have any trouble with it. And I LOVE tanzanite. It sounds like your therapy will really help your knees.
Jeff, I don’t know if caffeine contributes to road rage but now that I rarely have anything with caffeine I sure notice how it affects me.
Kimberly, I hope you had a nice nap today. You certainly deserve it.
NYC, I have my fingers crossed for you and I’m send good luck wishes your way. Happy Birthday last week! I hope you had a great day!
Shortblonde, I will look forward to seeing your necklace. Thank you for the suggested websites for recipes. I will go check them out.
MrsSalvo, I am glad Zoe checked out fine at the vet. Since she’s lost 4 pounds she should be our official WWT mascot.
PhoenixGirl, I must be a transactional exerciser. Great job going for a 5 mile walk.
Mara, congratulations on being pleased with the results of your hard workouts.
Jas, LOL about ‘blah, blah, blah”. My camera is working great! There are more features to it than I’ll ever remember but we like it. I am very easily amused as well.
Danielle, yeah for going back to the gym. I justified my camera by buying the same brand as my old SLR; because the new camera uses all of my old lenses. Last night we found out the new camera even lets you know when the manual focus lenses are in focus. How cool is that? I always loved taking photos and I think my DH is so excited about me wanting to get out and do things; he’ll let me have anything that will get me to do that. We have a little photo printer that prints out 4 x 6 prints and they turn out really nice.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning friends and happy weigh in Wednesday. Measurements are the same, my weight is 125.4, so up a bit but still in a very good place. My mantra was good for me!

We ate at the theatre last night, they have little cafe/food stand type place. I had a veggie burger, the best I''ve ever had actually, w/ swiss cheese and some Terra chips, I''d never had them before and they were quite yummy for 150 calories and 9 grams of fat. I was pleasantly suprised with how yummy they were. We split a brownie as a treat too, delicious!

Danielle, congrats for getting back to the gym. School is always an adventure. It''s the joy of being around kids, always something exciting going on! The play was good (and long!). We didn''t get in until after midnight so I actually slept until 6:24 this morning. My normal wake up is 5:27, so it was a miracle!

Rod, I''m not British but I''d say the weather you''re having is pants. We need some rain desperately and have been humid, humid, humid lately, the skies just won''t break open, so feel free to send it our way.

Marcy, work sounds a bit nutty, so glad your BP is in a place that can handle it! Take care of yourself in the midst of the madness. The new camera sounds awesome.

Time for breakfast, oatmeal and tea.

Have a fantastic day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 9:52:23 PM
Checking in from rain soaked Tampa. It''s been a long and unusually rainy day, but we so needed the rain. I guess you could say it was a Pantsy day, but I''m still really sure what ''Pantsy'' really means. Sometime you''ll have to explain that more fully Lorelei!!

Cya tomorrow for sure.

LOL - Kimmy has it right and it sounds like you do too Rod! Here is my explanation of * pants*

Us Brits call underwear pants or underpants and what you call pants, we call trousers!! So basically anything bad or cr-p we call pants, hence the pantsy weather we have been having recently.

Jas Jas JAS!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the linkie!
16.gif
Oh Mike.............

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends!
35.gif

It is monsoon season here in Sunny ABQ (no longer sunny lately). Last night it was clear for about an hour so I pulled out the lawn mower and mowed the lawn. As soon as I put of the lawn mower it started to rain. It was lightening like crazy; I was so scared because since it seemed so close and the whole house lit up when it hit. Okay, Lorelei and Rod lets send the rain to Kimberly; I hear they need it out in Cali. Sending it your way. I lost a lb but if feel like it is going super slow. I know slow is good. heehe

I don't know what kind of exercise I will do today since I didn't wake up at 6 and I need to run some errands and of course study. I will do something today. hehe

Mara, I hope you see that I loved the lemongrass chicken, thanks friend! Hope you had a great walk; I bet you are busy getting ready for your trip in PS! Whoooo.

Jas, when do you star school?? Yay, for today being a workout day!

Danielle, yay o getting back to the gym!!! How is your hamstring this morning? I hope good! Whoo hoo for also dreaming of having the Brady house. hehe

Rod, hope you have a great day and evening eating out! If I lived in your town; I would invite you over for dinner for sure! Too bad there are a few states between us.
2.gif

Marcy, you are doing great Miss Speed Demon; kudos friend!!! I am so happy for ya and your health! I am so tempted by the tanzanite ring, but I read a few threads on it being a bad choice. I am still debating. Thanks for your input; it is appreciated.

Kimberly, I love terra chips but stay away from them because they are so yummy I eat a whole bag sometimes. They sell them at TJ's and TJ's make the same tasting ones for cheaper, just an fyi. hehe
125 is really thin; good job! Great job on maintaining; I think that is the hardest part!! Kudos friend!

Lorelei, I used the word pants and hubby didn't know what I was talking about. I teased him he wasn't a true Brit.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! hope everyone is doing well for a wednesday.

skipp i did see you liked the lemongrass chicken, yay. that is definitely one of my favorites as i love lemongrass anything.

kim sounds like you guys had a nice casual dinner last nite. my problem is whenever we do something fun like a play or ballet i think oh fabulous dinner should go along with it! greg says i am a ''pleasure sponge'' hahaa. i want to be doing fun things all the time.

rod sorry for your pantsy weather. we don''t see rain in CA almost all summer and most of fall, it''s kind of interesting...but it''s really dry right now. one of the things i like about moving elsewhere is experiencing more variety in weather patterns. a few years ago i would have said ''what do you mean it rains in summer elsewhere? how do you plan bbq''s?!''...but now i think ''gosh this dry dirt is getting stuck in my nose'' hehee. so my tastes and thoughts are definitely changing as i get older!

marcy kudos on another 2/10 of a lb, i love how your weight just keeps falling off. i swear the scale is really never quite that kind to me. darn it!

did my measurements this morning and i''m pretty much holding steady...27" waist, 35"ish bust, 10" arms, 20.5" thighs, 14" calves, 33.5-34 lower waist (depending on where i measure but i still think i do it too low, i do it under my belly button) and 37.5" hips, woo hoo for slight hip decreasage. i am just trying to get back to 37" hips..my smallest was 36" but i would be happy with 37" as i feel that''s in proportion with my waist, 36" may have been a little small for my waist which is not ''tiny''. i am more of a straight waisted and hipped gal than a super nipped in curvy gal. when i weighed myself at the gym the other day i had lost ~2 lbs but since i decided the scale can''t be trusted, i was happy but skeptical as well lol. i figure measurements are going to continue to be the way to go for me and where i will focus.

so last nite went out for drinks and apps with the work gang...i didn''t have a drink but i did have a few snacky apps with the team (though i did resist the potato skins thank goodness)...then went off and met our friend group and greg for dinner at one of our fave places. jalapeno cornbread, grilled artichoke with lemon aioli, and a tuna burger (left 2/3 of the bun) with asian coleslaw...yum! then of COURSE i had to have the dessert. i tried to hold out and was close to doing it until one of my friends ordered one and i thought well no way am i allowing there to be a dessert on the table that i can''t eat, so i had to get one too. hehee. but greg shared it with me and actually ate about 1/2 so that worked out nicely since typically he''s so full from dinner he doesn''t have any and then i eat the WHOLE FABULOUS THING (and pay for it later).

this morning i had a call at 7:30 and another huge global call at 8am that i had to be in the office for so i got up early today (YAWN) and took my 7:30 in the car on the way to work so i could be here at 8am. so i didn''t even have time for breakfast, just coffee, and i was so rushed i hustled portia into the car and off to grandmas only to realize she had no collar or leash, ARGH. so now i am all worried bout her getting out somehow. i told grandma not to take her out front at all, only keep her in the back where it''s fenced.

on a bonus, i had another global call at 5pm that i no longer have to attend, so i can actually leave at 5 today and not do another 10.5 hour day...wheee. which means i can get a walk in at some point today and then also i think tonite we are walking over to this drinks/going away party for friends in downtown...and then coming home to have dinner rather than eating out. so eating today should be pretty good thankfully.
2.gif

whew this was a long rambling update. i just crunched on some corn flakes and am on my 2nd cup of sbucks coffee this AM. is it noon yet?!?!?
39.gif
have a great day all!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the Pants explanation Lorelei. Calling undies pants and calling pants trousers????? What's next, renaming the toilet?? LOL

I don't mind our summertime rains at all. It's unusual to have a day where we get thunderstorm after thunderstorm and it's cloudy all day, but occassionally, it does happen. Typically, our day starts sunny with blue skies. Then towards noon, the clouds begin to form, get all puffy and white and are driven by the opposing sea breezes from the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. Finally as the breezes converge, our puffy white clouds turn dark and we usually get a thunderstorm, with heavy rain and lightning at pretty much the same time every afternoon. This process goes pretty much uninterrupted from the middle of June through the end of Septembers and it's our "rainy" season. Tampa is known as the "Lightning Capital" of North America. During our rainy season, we get more lightning strikes/square mile than any other location. It does keep us lush and green all summer and it replenishes the water supplies to keep water flowing into our homes during the dry season, which runs from mid-October, through the end of May. So Mara, we're the opposite of your seasons here on the Gulf Coast. We're wet when you're dry and we're typically dry when you guys are wet.

Happy Belated Birthday NYC! I guess with all the preparation for your son's birthday, your birthday took a back seat, eh?? I hope it was fun none-the-less.

Yay, on losing a pound Stephie!! Please be careful working outside with lightning going on. It's not a great idea to be outside if you see lightning, or actually hear thunder and holding onto a metal object like a lawn mower, with danger in the air, even worse.

Today's going too slowly. I've got plenty to keep me busy for sure, but it's just dragging on. It's almost time for our afternoon thunderstorm and I can hear the thunder now.......

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 2:03:21 PM
Thanks for the Pants explanation Lorelei. Calling undies pants and calling pants trousers????? What's next, renaming the toilet?? LOL
Already done Rod, it is the lavatory or loo!
9.gif

Day off from working out today, I slept awkwardly on my shoulder and it hurts like the Dickens!
39.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 2:11:10 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 8/1/2007 2:03:21 PM
Thanks for the Pants explanation Lorelei. Calling undies pants and calling pants trousers????? What''s next, renaming the toilet?? LOL
Already done Rod, it is the lavatory or loo!
9.gif

Day off from working out today, I slept awkwardly on my shoulder and it hurts like the Dickens!
39.gif
Isn''t LuLu a typically British name Lorelei? Wonder if it relates in any way to the Loo??? LOL

So sorry you hurt your shoulder and I sure hope it feels better soon!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends! I''ve been spending far too much time in Rocky Talk obsessing over our cushion diamond options. I''m trying to catch up, though . . .

Lorelei--Speaking of British names, is anyone in the UK named "Lori"? I''m asking because when I studied abroad in England during college several people chuckled when I introduced myself. I didn''t learn that a lorry was a truck until about a month into my stay. Ha ha, very funny. I was just wondering if anyone actually names their daughters Lori because of the unfortunate coincidence. I wasn''t laughing.

I hope your shoulder feels better!

Marcy--Congrats on the weight loss!

Danielle--How do you like the buff brides workout? It has suddenly popped up in all of the stores, so I''m curious . . .

MrsS--I''m happy to hear your pup is okay. My lab is a bit overweight, too. She was up to 103 lbs and the vet said she needs to get down to 80 (eek!) and since the beginning of the summer she''s lost 8 lbs total. The best thing we''ve done (other than limiting her food intake, of course) is that we give her about half a can of green beans when she''s being an especially adorable beggar and that fills her up without giving her too many extra cals. Our vet recommended it and it works well. I know what you mean about the table food--she is too cute to resist for some of our guests.

PG--Interesting question. I''m definitely a transformational exerciser when I''m doing activities like cycling, running, kickboxing, etc, but I''ve always been an athlete so I enjoy building up a sweat. However, when it comes to straight lifting, it''s pretty much transactional for me. I lift because I want to build muscle, but I don''t enjoy the process of sitting on a bench and lifting applying force to my muscles. :) I know what you mean about how your husband''s enjoyment of exercise limits him, I had a really hard time starting a comprehensive routine in the gym when I stopped playing sports, it just seemed so boring compared to actually engaging in a game!

I just got back from a great workout, my sister and I are still lifting together which makes it so much more fun. We worked on lower body today and I''m proud to say my hamstrings have gotten much stronger--I tore my left hamstring really badly about four years ago sparring and it was pretty delicate for a while, but I think it''s back in business! I''m starting to get a bit tired of the foods I''m eating on this diet, so Mara all of your yummy meal descriptions are really inspiring me, thanks!

I haven''t lost much weight but I''m gaining muscle. My body fat % has gone down a few points, and my arms are finally looking more like the strong, toned arms I had when I was kickboxing. It feels so good to see results after all this hard work.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week! I have to go back to work on August 13th, our school year starts so early, so I''m starting to get all pouty about summer coming to an end. I know--it''s hard to have sympathy for teachers who have the entire summer off, I know!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, it is hot as HECK here in Wisconsin, I hope you all are enjoying cooler days. For the next two weeks I still workout at the school gym which is NOT air conditioned. But FI and I are moving in two weeks and then the school gym is no longer convenient, so I get to join a real one.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I cannot wait. I went at 7:30 this morning and could only handle 1/2 an hour because of the heat. Ugh. Now I am waiting for it to cool down a bit so I can take the pup for a walk.

I've been trying so so hard to eat more protein, because I wonder if that is what is hindering my weight loss, but I just don't like it! Now I remember why I was a veggie for so long, it's because I don't really enjoy eating much meat! But I did well, I had chicken and brown rice for lunch and a lean piece of steak with orzo pasta salad for dinner. Wasn't horrible, but it just isn't what I like. I don't love beans or tofu either, so I am running out of ideas. Mara, I have NO IDEA how you can get in as much protein as you do! I am trying soooo hard and still only hitting 60 grams on a good day.

Marcy, congrats again girl! I don't know how you do it, but your weight does just melt off of you...

Anyway, hope all of you in the Midwest have found ways to escape this unbearable heat...

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Question -- I wash my hair every other day (it's really dry. Stop judging me

31.gif
). The workouts often make me sweaty. My current headband is so darned hot that I think it makes it worse, then I get a serious case of Mike Brady hair (Theme hair!) What do you all do to keep the 'do looking good?

I had the most yummy dinner tonight -- Spicy Basque-Style Chicken from CL...although I only did half the chiles they recommended, because it seemed that chiles and paprika might cause DH to explode. Added some saffron rice (yes, I pulled the saffron out of the Safety Deposit Box -- my word that stuff is expensive!) and some mixed veggies. Yummmmmmm. Brunch was yogurt with Grape Nuts in it. Snack was a Kashi Go Lean Bar.

Today I tried the Yoga Booty Bollywood...boy was I a mess...it takes a few go-throughs for my muscle memory to kick in, so once again, as always on day one of these things, I looked more like a special on The Learning Channel than someone working out. Tomorrow will be better.

I am very excited that on Saturday, DH and I are going to Tru, which is a big ol' restaurant here...if any of you ever saw Gale Gand's show on the Food Network...she's the pastry chef. I'm very excited!

Mara -- To your question of workout tapes -- you know I am a devotee of the Yoga Booty Series. I also like the Zumba workouts -- lots of great movement with a "Latin" twist. I like the dancey-cardio type workouts on tape.

Skippy -- YEA on the pound! Bust that groove (ok, I have no idea what that means.) I have a bunch of meetings the last week in August that TOTALLY stress me out. Then school officially begins the day after Labor Day. I'm really frustrated because right now I'm filling in for someone on Sabbatical for 4 months (after that, if they like me, they'll "find" something for me). However, the dude I'm filling in for has made ZERO contact with me. The dept. head and the principal are at their wits' end and I'm scared because I'm filling in for a teacher in a subject matter that I am really unfamiliar with -- if I wanted to be a PITA I could say, "Hey, I'm hired to teach this dude's class, not create a new class." but I don't want to be like that because, technically, this is like a 4 month interview process. I don't handle stress well...I tend to internalize it...so the workouts are good...the problem is that I am one of those people who throw 10000% into the work day and then I am exhausted when I get home. Literally. Like, I can't keep my eyes open and I'm too tired to put my clothes in the hamper tired. I am so afraid that this job...which was initially so appealing because I wouldn't have to create curriculum, is going to be harder than anything I've ever done. I am trying to embrace the challenge of it all...but I have my pity party moments. Then I remember that at least I have a job! I do believe there is a reason for all this -- my gut tells me that I need to learn some balance in my life (which also applies to my workouts...I fall down a lot.)

Sorry to go on like that. Logorrhea tonight

Lorelei -- I just found my own personal copy of the Brady Bunch Sings! CD. I am a bigger dork than even I remember!

Neatfreak -- Girl, I hear you about the heat. I'm here in Chicago...it's ugly hot...where people start driving stupidly (more so) and tempers are flairing. My poor pup, who is 1/2 Siberian Husky, is mostly just a giant tongue lolling out of his mouth and then a little bit of fuzz for the rest of him.

Sweet hugs to you all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin.............I made it to the gym just a little after 6 and made it home by 9. This is an example of Lorelei''s opening for this week''s thread. I just wasn''t in the mood to go workout. I even thought about not going or trying to talk Charlie into going out to dinner instead, but since he''s going to be out of town for the next 4 days I knew he really wanted to workout tonight, so I dragged myself on in, changed and started working out. I got into my rhythm and all of the sudden the I don''t want to''s turned to I want to and I had a really solid workout. I''ll go tomorrow for the 3rd night in a row, then I''m off on Friday.

Hey, I got word that my new BMW Hard Top Covertible made it across the Atlantic and is checked into the VPC (Vehicle Processing Center), which I believe is in Charleston, South Carolina. It get''s whatever it is they do to new cars fresh off a ship there, then it''s flatbedded directly to the dealer in Tampa. They expect it to arrive here next week. Woo Hoo. I''ve got an appointment Saturday to have my current car appraised. I hate that part of buying a car. My current car''s so new it isn''t even in the Used Car Guides for trade values. So, lord knows what they''ll try to give me for my car.

That''s about all the news from my side. Seem''s like there aren''t many posts today, so I''m hoping it''s because everyone''s out exercising, eating healthy AND having fun. Yeah, that''s it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Evening All~

Had a great day with the kids, John even came and spent a few hours and school with me to meet my lil'' friends. It was fun. We went to a nursery afterwards to price some trees for our yard (to cover our water tank and the neighbors place which is even more neglected than ours, which is no easy feat!). Progress is slow but sure in that realm of our lives. Now that we''ve made progress it''s caused us to pause and contemplate whether or not we want to move at all. We shall see what comes next for us.

I made pork/onion tacos for dinner. You''d asked for the recipe, Skip...I marinate 1 lb. bone in chops w/ 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder, a bit of salt and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Broil on high 5 minutes per side. While chops are cooking dump 1/2 an onion into a hot pan w/ some cooking spray and carmelize (takes about 10 minutes). Wrap corn tortillas in some tin foil, sprayed w/ a bit of cooking spray to keep them seperate, and warm for about 5 minutes. Cut up your fave taco stuffings (tomatoes, lettuce, etc.), slice up the pork and build your own tacos.

Mara, I know what you mean about special dinners being part of going to a theatre, I associate going to the theatre with a nice meal too; John has managed to steer me in a different direction though, at least sometimes. We see at least one play a month, typically on weeknights as we have a subscription to our local theatre. Sometimes it''s just as pleasant (and easier!) to have dinner at the theatre cafe and people watch while we wait for the show to start. It definitely removes the stress of being on time (one of my pet peeves is being late, I am the person throwing dirty looks at anyone who is seated after the show is scheduled to begin).

Jas, it sounds like you''ve got an excited 4 months coming up! I know the feeling of not being able to let go (we went to Micheals today so that I could I buy a cross stich to complete because I can''t sit idle for 5 minutes w/o going stir crazy and J is concerned w/ how much time I spend on school.)...take deep breathes and work at putting forth 100% effort, not 100000000%, it''s good for your sanity.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results