shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thead 30th July till 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I'm on my own tonight, I'm still going to go have Sushi all by myself. I don't usually like to sit in restaurants alone, and I could get it to go, but I'm just going to go and enjoy a nice meal all by myself.

TG, I'm sorry your back is still hurting, but somehow, I missed the fact that you're expecting. Woo Hoo! Congratulations and I hope you have a really smooth pregnancy!!

Danielle, it's not easy being a good girl at a wedding, so good for you. Sorry about the headache. I'm sure you'll be glad to get back in the workout swing of things this week.

Thanks for article Alj......I hope everythings great with you!

Thanks to all who congratulated the non-smoking. Lorelie, I'm so glad I was able to help you through that time. It is tough to be sure. Skippy glad your hubby has hit the 2 year mark too. The time it's really hard is at Starbucks. Seems everyone smokes when they drink coffee and I used to as well. But, I still like coffee even if I can't smoke. It's really surprising how many really good looking and obviously in-shape younger people smoke??? I guess the in-shape part is for outside appearance, because I'm sure they don't think about what it's doing to them inside.

DeeJay, I'm hoping the kitties don't keep me up tonight, but they have this tendancy to dig trying to find Charlie. Plus, I meant to comment that I think you said you were going to check out a Jetta. I like the Jetta a lot. We have a few friends who have one and they love theirs. There is a difference in European feel and engineering.

NYC, I'm sure your son's first birthday party was a success. If ever there was a good reason to indulge, that would surely be one! Now, back to working out!!!
31.gif
11.gif

Glad you and Zoe continue to take your walks Mrssalvo! I think of you and the magic steps often!

tdiddy, WOW... a 3 mile run followed by the elliptical for 25 minutes as well?? That's great!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

I had a case of the "idon''twannas" this afternoon, but I hopped on my elliptical anyways and got in a good workout, so glad I did. I''m still feeling a bit green, but not as sleepy I was was before I exercised.

I ate a protein bar and some nuts for lunch and J is making pasta for dinner. We have a busy week of eating out ahead of us (tomorrow night is a play night, we''re going out w/ a friend on Thurs. and Sunday is our anniversary) so I asked him to keep it light, a summery sorta pasta dish with salad.

Marcy, 113 lbs is incredible. I so admire you!

TGMommy, you''ve been missed! Glad to see you check in.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all....thanks rod fore keeping me focused..lol...i definately fell off the wagon and have been binging, but i have kept up the workouts, but the overeating has made me feel sluggish so i''m back to healthy portions of NON greasy food.....for the most part
9.gif
anyways it sounds like everyone is having a good monday so keep up the good workout and eating habits.....one day at a time
2.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! i was in a funk last week and didn''t feel much like posting, but i stuck to my healthy eating and working out as usual. thanks to some retail therapy yesterday to celebrate my newly announced promotion, i am feeling a bit better - i ended up with a diamonds-by-the-yard type necklace, and there''s nothing like some good bling to make you smile! i did splurge on french fries at dinner last night, but i had hardly eaten anything yesterday until dinner (not intentionally, i just got so caught up in shopping that i forgot to eat!) so it didn''t set me back too much.

today i had kashi go lean for breakfast, tj''s black bean and corn enchiladas for lunch, and some tilapia with eggplant/zucchini/tomato casserole made with fresh farmer''s market veggies for dinner.

i''m traveling on a business trip for the next 2 days, so i''ll be doing the best i can to make healthy choices from the massive amounts of food they always give us. not sure if i''ll get in a workout or not as i have a pretty tight schedule between the all-day meetings and plans to meet up with a friend for dinner tomorrow night.

have a good one!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all -- congrats on getting through a Monday!

I am now sorta kinda back from being out of sorts. I got in a good, work-up-a-sweat-that-would-get-me-a-spot-on-a-deodorant-commercial Batliptical workout. I''m doing 10 more minutes per session than I was just three weeks ago. They are sweaty, unattractive, close-my-eyes-for-the-last-3-minutes workouts, but man oh man I do like the Batliptical when I don''t feel I can give an hour for a Yoga Booty and Bowflex workout.

I also have dropped 2 percentage points of body fat! I''m a little high, according to the scale, which makes me nuts because I am well within "acceptable" weight (yes, I know, there is not necessarily a corrolation), and if I just put the numbers into a lot of calculating sites, it reads less; but I gotta go with the scale on this one. So yeah on 2 percentage points off my rump!

I ate fairly light today...a salad in a wrap for brunch...a SMALL leftover Williams-Sonoma croissant (heaven) for snack, and poached salmon and asparagus for dinner.

I''ve been so stressed and anxious for the last few days...I hate that. I want to go back to my calm spot! I think I got anxious from all the Brady talk
31.gif

Kimberly -- sounds like quite a week ahead for you -- enjoy and Happy early Anniversary. Sigh. Seems like just yesterday it was your birthday. How time flies.
26.gif

Shortblonde -- WTG on the promotion, and, more importantly, on the fries! I love fries. LOVE. It''s practically carnal.

Lorelei -- I had such a crush on all of the Monkees..yes, even Mike, growing up due to their re-emergence on MTV in the early 80s, that I searched high and low for that episode. I hate how cross-eyed Davy looks when he''s singing "Girl." But I loves me some Davy Jones. And Micky Dolenz. And Peter Tork. And Mike Nesmith. Yes I have the DVDs. And the box set. And serious problems. WHOO on the one year mark. GO YOU!

Marcy -- 113...amazing. I am so in awe.

Rod -- I always have struggled with going to restaurants alone, but I''ve gotten better at it. I am so with you on the sushi love train. Whoo whooo! All aboard!

DeeJay -- I forgot to ask you where you like to eat!

Mara - -You managed to get more done before noon than most people do in a day. Time to fess up -- you ARE the US Army, aren''t you? I am still on a search for fage, but I''m always looking -- you make it sound so yummy!

TGAL -- Congrats Mama! Just promise me that you won''t let TGuy buy the baby book, ok?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a really interesting night all by myself!! I went to favorite Sushi Spot #2, and wound sitting at the Sushi bar with an acquaintance and his very smashed (ok, drunk) girlfriend. I only know him from Starbucks and we're not really friends, but he's always been friendly. He's one of those people who is young (well around 40) and doesn't work, but drives a really nice Mercedes, owns a big boat and I've always believed he's just from one of those pretty well to do families where one doesn't need to work. I've never asked. He's not the healthiest guy on the planet. He's overweight and smokes like a chimney stack and always has that he just needs a good shower, a nice shave and a shampoo look about him. His girlfriend, whom I had never met, was considerably younger (am guessing there's an attraction to some money going on there) and as mentioned before, was pretty much sloshed and she kept putting extra sushi on my plate. Then she grabs my hand and exclaims in a really loud voice that she's never seen such a beautiful diamond, no less on a man's hand, then she exclaims evn more loudly, 'DID YOUR HUSBAND BUY THAT FOR YOU???' I guess her boyfriend must have mentioned that I'm with Charlie. So......the conversations in the restaurant pretty much comes to a stop (you could have heard a needle drop) as people obviously picked up on that happy question. I answered appropriately, but in a more subdued tone. Needless to say it was an interesting dining experience. I much prefer my dinner with Charlie at a nice table, just the two of us without any fanfare. Oh well..........
40.gif
23.gif

Then I went to Starbucks where I had fully intended to sit and have a cup of coffee all by myself, but another regular who I don't know too well wouldn't have it. He insisted I join him, then all sorts of people joined and all of the sudden my nice quiet cup of coffee was being shared with such a unique assortment of people. Many of these people I'd seen many times, but never actually sat with, so it was kind of funny to experiencse such diverse personalities.

Now, I'm home and planning to sit on the couch with kitties, eat my Lindt Dark Chocolate squares and a Fuji Apple.

I won't be able to check in tomorrow till after the gym tomorrow night. I'm taking my entire team to an all day seminar at a beautiful hotel on the water, exactly 1.2 miles from our condo. Tomorrow's drive in will be easy. Turn out of the condo, drive down the street, park and voila, I'm there. I'll even be able to hit the gym earlier as the seminar only lasts till 4:30 and I'm certainly not going to make my staff or myself go to the office at that hour. So, I can go directly from the hotel to the gym, which is also only about 1 mile from the seminar. I'm looking forward to being out of the office for a change.

I hope everyone's having a nice night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 9:24:16 PM
Author: jas
Hello all -- congrats on getting through a Monday!

I am now sorta kinda back from being out of sorts. I got in a good, work-up-a-sweat-that-would-get-me-a-spot-on-a-deodorant-commercial Batliptical workout. I''m doing 10 more minutes per session than I was just three weeks ago. They are sweaty, unattractive, close-my-eyes-for-the-last-3-minutes workouts, but man oh man I do like the Batliptical when I don''t feel I can give an hour for a Yoga Booty and Bowflex workout.

I also have dropped 2 percentage points of body fat! I''m a little high, according to the scale, which makes me nuts because I am well within ''acceptable'' weight (yes, I know, there is not necessarily a corrolation), and if I just put the numbers into a lot of calculating sites, it reads less; but I gotta go with the scale on this one. So yeah on 2 percentage points off my rump!

I ate fairly light today...a salad in a wrap for brunch...a SMALL leftover Williams-Sonoma croissant (heaven) for snack, and poached salmon and asparagus for dinner.

I''ve been so stressed and anxious for the last few days...I hate that. I want to go back to my calm spot! I think I got anxious from all the Brady talk
31.gif

Kimberly -- sounds like quite a week ahead for you -- enjoy and Happy early Anniversary. Sigh. Seems like just yesterday it was your birthday. How time flies.
26.gif

Shortblonde -- WTG on the promotion, and, more importantly, on the fries! I love fries. LOVE. It''s practically carnal.

Lorelei -- I had such a crush on all of the Monkees..yes, even Mike, growing up due to their re-emergence on MTV in the early 80s, that I searched high and low for that episode. I hate how cross-eyed Davy looks when he''s singing ''Girl.'' But I loves me some Davy Jones. And Micky Dolenz. And Peter Tork. And Mike Nesmith. Yes I have the DVDs. And the box set. And serious problems. WHOO on the one year mark. GO YOU!

Marcy -- 113...amazing. I am so in awe.

Rod -- I always have struggled with going to restaurants alone, but I''ve gotten better at it. I am so with you on the sushi love train. Whoo whooo! All aboard!

DeeJay -- I forgot to ask you where you like to eat!

Mara - -You managed to get more done before noon than most people do in a day. Time to fess up -- you ARE the US Army, aren''t you? I am still on a search for fage, but I''m always looking -- you make it sound so yummy!

TGAL -- Congrats Mama! Just promise me that you won''t let TGuy buy the baby book, ok?
You always manage to pen at least one sentence that cracks me up to no end.
36.gif
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, oh no I am so sorry! lol,about her giving you more sushi, reading about it was funny, but it actually happening irl would be super annoying. Gosh, craziness! I hope you have a more relaxing evening w/the meow meows.

Jas, why does the Brady bunch stress you out???

Mara, don't work to hard. yay, for working out!

Kimberly, great job getting in your workout!

The weather here is pants. I went for a walk and needed an umbrella; it is suppose to rain all week.

NYC, whoooo hooooo on your sons 1st bday!!!
Did you or Lorelei make carrot cake??

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
NYC, happy baby''s first b-day!

Skip, send some rain my way, we need it! How''s PT going?

Rod, your evening sounds like quite the adventure!

Jas, you crack me up. We almost got married on my b-day but J vetoed it, wanted them to be seperate occasions.

DeeJay, that foam stuff is everywhere. The latest thing I''ve read about in restaurants is desserts that aren''t sweet. It''s a trend that started in NYC (big suprise!) but is catching fire quickly. Bin 36 had caught on the last time we were in Chicago; J was in dessert heaven as whatever he ate had been salted.

Dinner was yummy and I''m ready to fall asleep. I''m goofing around online to keep myself awake for at least another hour (it''s 7:10pm here), otherwise I''ll be up at 3!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers!
35.gif
I got a new digital SLR camera in the mail today. I have NO IDEA how to use it yet. I am excited to figure it out though.
Thank you Stephanie, Lorelei, Rod, Danielle, Chrono, Skippy, DeeJay, NYCSparkle, MrsSalvo, TravelingGal, Tdiddy, Kimberly and Jas for the congrats on 113 pounds. I was pretty excited after almost a week of no loss.
Stephanie, have fun at the beach! Yeah.
Kimberly, your birthday dinner sounds very special. I am glad you had such a nice feast but I am sorry to hear your tummy paid you back for it. Good luck on your paper.
Lorelei, thank you for reminding me that even if you don’t want to do something; once you get started on it you’ll find it’s not that bad.
Rod, sorry you didn’t sleep well. I hope you’ll have a great night’s sleep tonight. It’s nice people wanted to keep you company at Starbucks.
Danielle, it sounds like you had a marvelous time at your cousin’s wedding. Good luck on your running this week; I hope it doesn’t bother your hamstring.
Rod, Lorelei and Kimberly, congratulations on quitting smoking!
Al, thank you for the link to a great article. I found it quite interesting.
Skippy, I can’t wait to see your spinel. Thank you for the nice compliment, my DH would laugh if I told him you thought I was sweet. He He. I liked Bewitched and Jeanie too. Thank you for the carrot cake recipe. It sounds great.
DeeJay, I am glad your leg is doing better. I hope you had a great time going on a walk for lunch. So the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches must be good. I love the ww chocolate bars.
Mara, it sounds like you have some very busy weeks ahead. I am glad your hotels will have gyms you can use.
NYCSparkle, I am sure your son’s birthday party was fun. That’s a great reason to have a treat.
MrsSalvo, your morning walk to the park with fountains sounds dreamy. I hope you enjoy your quiet time today.
TravelingGal, I am so sorry to hear about your accident and that your back is hurting. I am very excited for you that you are pregnant. I bet you are really looking forward to your Maui trip.
Tdiddy, it sounds like you had a great workout today. Good luck on your sales trip.
Shortblonde, congratulations on your promotion and for you diamonds by the yard necklace. Post pictures please.
Jas, yeah for dropping 2% in body fat. That is terrific.
Well, I am going to go try and see if I have a clue how to use my camera.
36.gif

Laters,
Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Rod, what a fun dinner experience!
20.gif
Don''t you just love highly inebriated young women with no tact? Blech. I don''t know what your "appropriate" response was, but all I could think of was to say to her, "no, my sugar daddy got it for me, ain''t he great?" LOL.

So today I did my usual thing and sent out some resumes, found a really great sounding jewelry sales position close by but the pay isn''t all that fabulous. The hours would be perfect, though, and I''d have two consecutive days off which is unheard of in retail. The unfortunate thing about the pay structure was that it was sort of a low salary that included commision, yikes. That could be a good thing if I really needed to know exactly what I would make monthly, but since I''m not the major b.winner of the household I would rather work for salary plus commission, ya know? I faxed a res. anyway, maybe the "including commision" part was a typo. I''ve also done a couple phone interviews today since I got calls back from last weeks'' efforts, but none of them are really a good fit for me. Meh. This unemployment thang isn''t so awful, but I can only clean house, do lunches, and hang out with the dogs on a daily basis for so long.

I took Milo for a short walk tonight, my legs are still sore from this weekend since there were some hills and I was going at a pretty fast pace. Most of the soreness is in the front muscles of my legs, opposite my calves, what are those muscles called? I think it''s possibly time for some new shoes, actually...I know they say to replace shoes after I think 300 miles, and I have never kept a record of actual miles I''ve logged but I''m guessing that if I''m feeling soreness at this point I need to treat the feet to some new kicks.

Finally got to the store(s) today and stocked up on fresh veggies, lean cuisines, etc. I hate having to stop at different places but TJ''s obviously doesn''t carry LC''s and they have a smaller selection of produce, i.e., mine is always sold out of portabello caps and I have to have those! But their avocados are way cheaper, like 3.29 for five in a bag, whereas Albertson''s are 1.99 each! I found some packages of pre-cooked jasmine and brown rice that I just have to microwave which is so convenient for me because I always end up ruining rice, plus the jasmine rice has added flax and quinoa AND it has 6 grams of protein per serving (ahem, Mara).
9.gif
The only negative is that it''s 280 calories per one cup serving, so I''ll have to watch it on the jasmine rice consumption but I figure it will be great with fresh steamed veggies.

On a very positive note, I''ve lost another pound! Yay!

NYC: don''t feel too bad that you''ve "fallen off the wagon." It happens to everyone, and all you can do is jump back on!
Shortblonde: congrats on your promotion, I must''ve missed that announcement when you made it. Did you post pics of your DBTY type necklace yet, I''ll have to go look for it!
Jas: congrats on dropping 2% of body fat!
Mara: wow, busy week you have going on! Hopefully you''ll appreciate your vacay next week all the more after work/socializing this week!
Tgal: Yay! hope you saw my response to you on the PG thread!
Skippy: great carrot cake recipe! I''m not much of a "from scratch" baker but I''d be willing to put forth the extra effort for c.cake, it sounds delish.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, congrats for loosing a pound. The jewelry position sounds interesting. I could never work in a jewelry store, I would owe them money instead of vice versa. Good luck on your job search.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 9:46:46 PM
Author: Skippy123
Rod, oh no I am so sorry! lol,about her giving you more sushi, reading about it was funny, but it actually happening irl would be super annoying. Gosh, craziness! I hope you have a more relaxing evening w/the meow meows.

Mara, don''t work to hard. yay, for working out!

The weather here is pants. I went for a walk and needed an umbrella; it is suppose to rain all week.

I think it''s the man perms.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bleh, my future MIL and Step-FIL were in town for the weekend. And my FI wasn''t here, juuuust me and the pup. It''s been a looooong few days, but they are leaving tomorrow and I can''t say that I am really sorry to see them go! I love them, but it''s been way way too much togetherness. Not to mention all the eating out!

I have been pretty good overall on the eating, but slacking a bit on the workouts. We''ve been walking a lot, but I haven''t done a "real" gym workout since Friday. I did the weighin/measurements today. 1lb lost and just a half inch here and there. I guess I can''t expect the 1inch everywhere loss I have had the past number of weeks, but if the measuring tape won''t move at all, I sure wish the scale would move more!

Sounds like everyone is being pretty good or else at least savoring being bad.
11.gif
I''ll be back for a more complete checkin once the in laws leave tomorrow AM and I have been back to the gym.

Have a great night everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 10:36:16 PM

I think it's the man perms.
lol, you are too funny
rotflmao2.gif

Kimberly, I start PT tomorrow. Thanks for asking; I bet it was fun wearing your new watch today!

Marcy, you are a sweetie pie w/extra sweet sauce! You are always so kind and thoughtful! I sent back the spinel; I didn't love the color. I am on a quest for something I like; we will see.

Monarch, I hope you get an awesome job soon! Glad you might try making the carrot cake. Yay, to losing weight Miss Skinny!

Tdiddy great job on the workout!!

Shortblond, yay for making healthy choices while traveling!

Neatfreak great job on the walks. Hopefully things will settle down now that the fil are gone.

I didn't exercise much due to the weather. I think I will get up at 6 am before I have rainy weather again. Sweet dreams all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's the man perms.
Jas, there you go again!! The dad's perm was pretty funny, I must admit. Oh Mike.............

Monnie, I know how frustrating it can be to be job searching. I really toyed with going to work at Mayors Jewelers at one point in my exile, but decided the pretty much commission only and 800 hours a week in retail just wasn't right for me right now. I'm sure you'd be great if that's what you choose. And some lucky company's going to get a real "gem" when they do hire you!! Also, I wish I had thought of your Sugar Daddy response to drunk and loud girl. I was, I'm afraid too surprised to think humorously. Your response was way better than my rational, calm and considerate reply. And in case anyone thinks I'm in the least embarrased about my life, I'm emphatically not. I'm VERY proud of the life Charlie and I have built together. After 27 years together, I think we've done really well and we have such a terrific life together. We're just not demonstrative, out in people's faces about being a couple I don't think it's necessary at all. I look at my brother, the supposed "normal" son and see that after two failed marriages, he's not nearly as lucky a person as I am!!

I'm completely pooped. Tomorrow's going to be a long day, but it will be fun to be somewhere other than the office. On a funny note, when I got home tonight there was a package in our mailbox from my company. It seems that when I was laid off last year, my last official day on the payroll was December 31, 2006. That date, was just six (6) days shy of my 15 year anniversary. So, it was funny and somewhat touching that they realized since coming back that I should have been recognized for my 15 years of service and I got a pin with a small saphire in it (really really small saphire), a nice letter from our president whom I have known all 15 years I was with the company and a check for $250. Woo Hoo for money!!

Sleep well my PS WWT friends.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m back home, and quite glad. It was sort of like I took a break from vacation to let my husband have a vacation. I''m glad he was able to relax, but I''m also glad to be home. Some of his relatives came to visit my beachhouse, and some of them are dysfunctional, and others of them are estranged from the dysfunctional ones, and that makes it difficult. One of the former group was visiting and pulled his pec muscle playing wiffleball, then spent 20 of 24 hours a day sleeping and complaining about his "bruised rib." If he didn''t have a habit of overreacting and oversleeping (and other things that get you locked up) we''d all have been worried, but even his girlfriend was like, "I think you just hurt yourself playing wiffle ball," and I was like, "Yeah, you pulled your pec muscle," and then he started almost crying (a man in his mid-20''s!) and saying that no, his rib hurt before he played wiffleball for hours on end (which somebody who sleeps 20 hours a day would obviously spend his only waking hours doing if he were in pain). And then he experienced a miraculous recoverey when we heated up some chip dip, so even though he spent the 3 hours we cleaned the house drooling and crying on the couch, he was able to spring up and eat when food was available.

OK, thanks for letting me vent.

Anyway, I only gained 2 pounds on the trip and received many compliments. Even the sleeping relative complimented me on my abs. My neighbor said I looked a lot thinner when I got home and said I looked like I had no body fat (not true, but it was hidden under my workout clothes). When the house was completely full I couldn''t do the Firm, but at least I went for a walk and did weights in the bedroom when I couldn''t. I ate some crap but I tried really hard and darnnit, I wish I hadn''t gained any weight but I don''t think I can complain.

I''m glad to be home!

Oh, and our next door neighbor thought our coy pond was too low, so he turned the hose on and forgot about it, scalding to death 4 of our 5 fish! So rest in peace gentle fish (they were all named by our 9 year old neighbor in the other direction . . . she was actually in charge of our fish so she thinks she killed them, but we''ve pieced together how 4 of them could have died on one day. The phone call she placed to us on vacation was quite comical. "Hi, um, I don''t mean to ruin your vacation, but, oh, um, how is your vacation? Oh, right, well, I just wanted to tell you that, um, I think that maybe some of your fish are dead. . . . Well, because they''re floating . . . No, on their sides.") We welcomed 4 new fish to our pond today (our neighbor went with us and helped us pick them out and then perform an immersion ceremony for them). I hope they fare better than the first!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all...!! Sounds like everyone had a productive day...LOL Jas on me being in the army...which day were you impressed by?? I like staying busy that is for darn sure...hehe. And I used to be really slug like on weekends but I guess Greg has rubbed off on me after like 7 years of togetherness...he's all about productivity hehee. But I did manage to get 2 hours in on the couch this weekend, woo hoo.

So I came home from work and went to TJ's on my way home and got some more spicy habanero egg white salad for pita packin' tomorrow for lunch. Lunch today was beef barley vegetable soup from campbells, snacks were the 1% cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and the other 1/2 of my south beach chocolate crisp bar (i had the first 1/2 for morning snack). Came home and had a few handfuls of TJ's corn flakes to tide me over til dinner...hehee. Then did a 'home workout' which consisted about running up and down our flights of stairs in the house, jumping jacks, running in place, squats, and various other exercise items.

For dinner I made us red beans and rice and mixed in a link of Cajun sausage from the local meat place we are in love with. It was VERY tasty...Greg absolutely LOVED it. The red beans and rice container had 4 servings that were 190 cals each (and 7g fiber and 9g protein!) so I had about a serving with a bit of the ssliced sausage and gave Greg like 2 huge servings...totally filling!! We have another serving left, maybe we'll have it for snack later this week or something.

Watched a bit of the Italian Job (it's got Mini's in it!!) and Greg agreed to a 'medium' walk which is about 2.5 miles. But as usual I was able to sneak another mile or so. Once he is out he is far more willing to keep walking hehee. So we did about 3.5 miles in an hour with Portia. It's a really nice night out too. So now we are enjoying some of that fab lighter gelato we love (zabaione flavor which is a sweet marsala cream, tasty!) while finishing up the movie.

I had a very productive day so I feel great about getting my stuff done this week...I made a huge ToDo list last nite so that I can cover 99% of what I need to (if not the full 100%!) without worry so I can be out and enjoy myself next week. Can't wait til our vacation, woo hoo.

Rod, your evening out sounds eventful, haha...sorry it wasn't a very enjoyable evening eating sushi! Jas, your posts crack me up woman, you have the best sense of humor. Kimberly, anniversary and birthday so close together, oh my!! I would have gotten the Chopard, lol! TG huge congrats woman! I can't believe you are already in the Mommy way...hehe. Every time a PS'er gets pregnant on here, I think oh I remember their wedding! I guess Greg and I are falling behind hehe but that's okay, Portia is a fabulous child. Monnie, you slim thing...good luck with the continued job search.

Everyone have a great rest of the late evening!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak, enjoy the peace and quiet after the in-laws leave. Congratulations on loosing a pound and some inches.
Skippy, aw shucks you are too kind. I was sad to hear you didn’t love the spinel; I am sure you’ll find the right one that makes you say “OOOOH”. I hope you have nice weather tomorrow for your early morning walk.
Rod, woo hoo for $250. That is the kind of thing I like to find in the mail.
PhoenixGirl, it sounds like you had a wide variety of characters to deal with on your vacation. That is wonderful you got many compliments on the new you.
Well, I am can barely stay awake so best get my behind to bed. I think I can at least take pictures with our new camera. Yeah!
Have a great Tuesday.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara: ya ha ha, LOVED the Italian Job! Mainly because of M. Wahlberg but also because it featured mini''s being driven by Charlize t. Just a good looking movie all around, and action packed to boot. Every time I watch it I want to drive a mini, but I really feel I''m too big for one and that if I did drive one I''d get smushed...although I have to say I''m a pretty good driver with no traffic violations/wrecks on my record! My dad would just kill me, though, if I came home in one of those...when I brought home my Trailblazer after I sold off the Corolla he gave me for my 21st he was ecstatic and said he was so glad I was driving something bigger and safer! Hmmm....I actually felt safer in my corolla...I could at least maneuver more easily in it and avoid much of the crazy highway traffic. Anyway, I''d still drive a Mini in a heartbeat, not only do they look great but they''re safe enough for their class and sooo sporty. But I''m the type who would maybe get all crazy with the sportiness (like Greg with his speeding!) and just ruin it for myself!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol monnie, yeah the mini does beg to be driven fast. and charlize was awesome in the movie, love the fast chick driver hehee. i have to say that i did not expect to love the mini as much as i do. it's just really flat out the most perfect car for me. i am a tallish gal too (not quite as tall though!) and my frame is not tiny, but honestly inside the car is huge!!! i look REALLY small inside, which is pretty funny to both of us. even greg seems small inside it and he is 6 feet (though he says 6'1"). the inside is really spacious, it actually does comfortably seat 4 adults. and i love that it's spacious inside, but tiny outside, because i love tiny zippy cars but it doesn't FEEL like a small car or drive like one either except for the zippiness. it's a BMW engine and it comes with all the BMW safety perks as well, i think it has like 5 airbags inside or something crazy. so i feel really safe in it actually esp since my old car had ummm zero airbags lol.

we ended up spending a lot more on it than we expected with all the packages and the sport version etc but it is so worth it. and i'm jazzed about that because not having a car payment for so long, i was like gosh this better be WORTH IT!!! and it totally is.

bedtime, i can barely keep my eyes open!! nite all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, good on the 5 airbags, just don''t go getting all Fast & Furious and trying to maneuver under semi trailers, LOL! (But seriously, if I had a Mini I would soooo e tempted, I''m a bit of a daredevil when driving!) My problem really doesn''t come with watching too many car movies, it basically stems from having a bro who is a hotrod enthusiast and has also been a semi truck driver and has taken me along for the ride too many times! I actually know how to use a CB radio! Since those days, he''s gotten married and has moved onto some beautiful motorcycles which I will not ride on after the first terrifying test run with no helmut (In doesn''t mandate helmuts). Anyway, watch your speed with that BMW engine, it can be verra tempting, LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 10:54:47 PM
Author: Rod

Mara, don''t work to hard. yay, for working out!

I think it''s the man perms.
Jas, there you go again!! The dad''s perm was pretty funny, I must admit. Oh Mike.............

heehee.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Danielle - We are going for 11 days. And to top off this wonderful time off, after my final friday I am getting a massage. I can''t wait.
Skippy - Going to Destin, Florida - the greatest beach ever. Now that I think about it, the farthest I have been from the Mason-Dixon line is Ohio. I''m a southern girl, born and raised.
Kimberly - Your dinner sounded wonderful! Happy Belated Birthday!
TGal - Congrats on the baby! Hopefully your back will stop hurting soon so that you may resume exercise.
Jas - "Man Perms!" Ha!

Sounds like everyone is eating some delicious stuff!! I don''t know why, but I am hungry all the time now. I increased the cardio that I am doing, but would that cause me to be hungry so often? Last night we went to a ball game for an office thing. So dinner was at the park. Of course there was nothing but hot dogs, hamburgers, salty chips, peanuts and cookies. So last night wasn''t the best night of eating for me (a hotdog, hamburger - both bunless - and some chips). But I drank enough water to hydrate a camel, so maybe that will knock out some of that sodium overload. I think that I am cooking dinner for Chris'' parents tonight, so I can make that really healthy. I love cooking at home and having control of what is going into my food. Well, everyone keep up the great work!

10 days and counting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 9:11:55 AM
Author: Stephanie
Jas - ''Man Perms!'' Ha!
Click here if you dare...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 9:31:00 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 7/31/2007 9:11:55 AM
Author: Stephanie
Jas - ''Man Perms!'' Ha!
Click here if you dare...
Rod, you better rethink that thought. hehehe

Lorelei, good one! hehe

Mara, I am excited for you to have a nice and relaxing trip to Palm Springs!

Marcy, I am super tempted by a tanzanite halo diamond ring; hubby said I could have it but I heard tanzanite is soft and I don''t want to spend that kind of money if the ring has a chance of scratching or chipping.
20.gif

Kimberly, have a good day at school!

Stephanie, you are funny w/your comment about the Mason Dixon Line. hehe

I got up to walk because of the afternoon showers. I walked an hour at 6 am approx 4 miles. I am not use to so much rain so it was humid; how do you all in the humid weather exercise outside?? Today I get my first session of Physical Therapy.

Question, Is Curry unhealthy?? I love this beef curry in rice but I don''t know if I should order it today since I don''t want to over do it on the fat/calories. TIA!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, it depends on what''s in the curry. Some curries don''t have coconut milk - those are''t high in fats and calories. Those with creams and coconut milk are loaded in cals and fat.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I am aware Skippers, curry is often made with a lot of oil to bring out the flavours of the spices, so it is one to just be aware there might be a higher calorie count than you might think. Restaurant curries might be worse than ready meal ones for example.

Ha - Chrono said similar, but I forgot about coconut milk, that can be hefty caloriewise. A korma which has cream in may have more cals than a vindaloo or do piaza.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 9:54:06 AM
Author: Chrono
Skippy, it depends on what's in the curry. Some curries don't have coconut milk - those are't high in fats and calories. Those with creams and coconut milk are loaded in cals and fat.
Chrono and Lorelei, it is Curry at a Vietnamese restuarant. Now I have no clue what to order; I am such a picky eater.
emcry.gif
Maybe I will suggest another place to eat. Yesterday I was frustrated because I met a friend for lunch and was going to order beef barley soup which sounded safe and asked by chance if it had a lot of fat. The wait staff said yes, all our stuff is fattening; I ended up ordering hummus and a roll. Oh well; thanks friends for letting me know.
Stephanie aka Skippy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results