shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for spelling that out for me, octavia! i''m computer impaired so no lingo for me!
3.gif

freke, my four usually are endless, shoes, heels, and instyle mag (many of which take you to eluxury) although i use pl a lot, too. i like zappos couture site, but their main page is def a bit um...clunky? endless is my go-to though!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got them and they are beautiful!!!!

The UPS lady came right when I was cooking sugar for the Italian Meringue for the cupcakes I''m making today, and I had to take the sugar off the stove and I was freaking out while signing for them. But all is well, and my meringue is well on its way to being turned into buttercream...whew.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol freke- I saw this thread and then I noticed YOU started it and my initial reaction was "I should have known!" lol.
31.gif
This thread is great!!!!

Id like to know where all you lucky ladies are getting your Manolo's from and if you are paying full price!? I can't help but feel a bit of jealousy when I see someone's got Manolo's.

I think when I get married, Id probably get something real nice but not very high as I wouldn't want to be in pain. But that's just me. (I've never been one for super high heels because it's just too darn painful for me.) They sure are pretty though! haha!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
So, I decided to be prudent and won't be purchasing Puccis. Sigh...someday, someday. However, that doesn't mean that I am new-shoeless, but I did spend less than 1/3 of what I was going to, so it's all good. My friends dragged -- DRAGGED, I tell you! -- me into DSW yesterday and as I walked in, staring me straight in the face and screaming "I'm your size!" were those blue flowered Naughty Monkeys. So, darling Freke, I hope you don't mind that I'm shoe twins with you now, I just couldn't help myself. They are very beautiful, and the only reason I peeled them from my footsies was to make sure these also fit (they did)
9.gif
:

IIPN06X9CWRD_L.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Octavia, I love love LOVE those shoes!!!
30.gif

Anyone know where I can find them online? Who has them? Are they true to size??

So pretty!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
soooo many cute shoes in this thread!!

Freke- you are amazing! I am still looking for shoes - I cant seem to find what I am looking for...I am hoping for fuschia with heel height of around 4 inches. The main problem is that i really need support for dancing so I really need an ankle strap. I did buy these: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/31153377/c/3525.html and they are so perfect but i dont think I can do serious dancing in them.

Can you help me oh wise shoe guru!?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 1:06:31 AM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 5/14/2008 12:06:44 AM
Author: Harriet
Thanks, dear. I''ll go look for the first pair of Manolos. I''d be interested in Jimmy Choos as well. Does any one know whether Chanel and Valentino make reasonably comfy shoes?

Depends on the style of the shoe. Most of my V''s and C''s are pretty comfortable. Depends on your foot too.
Thanks.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dream, most Manolos are pretty comfortable.

I own JC, Manolo, Louboutin, Valentino, Dolce, Gucci, Prada, Trussardi, Dior and Chanel evening shoes. By far the comfiest are the Manolos and Jimmy Choos. Some of the others are literally agonizing to wear.

You might be lucky enough to catch some things on sale here and there. They do have them, but their timeless stuff that they repeat each season do not often go on sale.

Saks just had 40% for one day, Chanel and Prada were excluded, Manolo and Jimmy were not.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondFan what''s your shoe size? because if it''s the same as mine, i just might have to break and enter, i mean, uh...crap! now it''s premeditated! um...will you adopt me? =D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buttercup- They are made by Naughty Monkey and called "Nature Calls". Yes they are true to size. And here are some links to them: red, yellow and black/white blue, but only in 7.5 (I got the last 8-oops), again, red, yellow and black/white but Zappos this time... And finally-red, yellow, blue and black/white.
Those aren''t identical to Octavia''s but very similar(the only difference is the floral pattern).

Sunnygirl--what size, and whats the budget? No pointy toes I''m guessing-any other restrictions?

And I haven''t taken my usual pics yet, but here is a pic I took while I was cooking-(right after they were delivered-at the worst time too-but it came out ok, so it''s all good).

IMG_0571 freke.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 4:22:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild

The UPS lady came right when I was cooking sugar for the Italian Meringue for the cupcakes I''m making today, and I had to take the sugar off the stove and I was freaking out while signing for them. But all is well, and my meringue is well on its way to being turned into buttercream...whew.
Those cupcakes sound more interesting than shoes right now.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
oooh those are cute freke!

My budget hmmm...under 300 would be ideal...maybe under 400. I can justify that by saying I will wear pink shoes again! No pointy toes for sure. Actually no closed toe. I am checking these out in fuschia: http://www.zappos.com/gs/n/p/dp/34585201/c/99.html but they only have 6 1/2 so might not fit. (i am kind of in between 6 1/2 and 7 but usually wear 7)

You rock!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! I will adopt you. I am an 8.5 to 9 generally, though in Louboutin I am always larger. I am a bit shoe obsessed like Miss Freke here!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
oh diamonfan - i wish you could adopt me too. You can start a Brangelina-like clan!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet-if you want to see pictures of cupcakes go look at the second to last page of the Cupcake Thread in Family. I was taking pictures every few minutes and made collages.

DF, I've already been adopted once, I'm used to it!!! Pick me pick me!!! We can be shoes obsessed together!!!

Octavia--check out these: Hee hee hee

Sunnygirl-those look great!! What's holding you back?? Is it ok if I look later tonight or tomorrow? This is going to take some time because of the ankle straps... FF is wanting me to play MarioKart.

Here's a couple:
Has a platform

Kate Spade Sandals-Don't know if these will be supportive enough...

Same problem with these-Nina sandals

These are gold and $665, but they look like they'd be good to dance with.

Ok. Wii time!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
So cute Freke!!
36.gif
36.gif
Just wanted to say I
30.gif
your shoes always! You are our resident shoe Goddess!
36.gif

ETA: Which game are you playing Freke?
30.gif
Wii!!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Freke - you are so cute! Please take your time! i am just so grateful to have a shoe expert''s help! I did order the Stuart Weitzman''s but I am worried they will be too small so we will see. i can''t seem to find them anywhere else besides Zappos online. have fun wii-ing!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Freke - those are really nice, too - I love the floral pattern, though! Hmmmm, maybe they have them at my DSW. . .

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No harm in looking at your local DSW buttercup. We don''t have one here.
7.gif

Sarah! We''re taking a break between MarioKart and we''re going to play some Super Smash Brothers in a minute.

I hope they fit sunnygirl--I have a feeling that this search is going to be a hard one.
7.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Omg Freke I am addicted to MarioKart. I am at my parent''s house right now, and FI is visiting for the weekend, but leaving tomorrow. I might convince him to loan me the Wii.
27.gif
11.gif
31.gif
I can''t stop playing that game!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Buttercup, they''re by Chinese Laundry and they''re called "Irma." I was going to put that in before and sort of spaced while I was posting! Check out DSW (the one I was at had lots and lots of cute styles right now) or you can try googling them, but I''m not sure exactly who has them online right now.

Freke, those Nine Wests are fun but one star for comfort!
14.gif
I hate "Jekyll-and-Hyde" shoes, when they''re super comfortable for just long enough when you start wearing them to lure you into a false sense of security, and as soon as you''re stuck in them for the day/night, they turn mean and nasty.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will hold an open adoption get together for nice fun loving gals who wear a size 8.5 to 9. Must like kids, shopping, movies, eating and dogs.

I always wanted a daughter! I am sure I will be a good sharer!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 12:06:45 PM
Author: diamondfan
I will hold an open adoption get together for nice fun loving gals who wear a size 8.5 to 9. Must like kids, shopping, movies, eating and dogs.

I always wanted a daughter! I am sure I will be a good sharer!!
Hey, you know I love all that
9.gif
but I am not a size 8.5 or 9, boo hoo
15.gif
What about an adopted sister? hehe

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I think I''m the ideal candidate(although my feet are an 8ish)-plus, I can cook!!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Went to DSW in search of Octavia's Chinese Laundrey beauties, but no luck. . .also didn't see any exciting 2.5" blue shoes for the wedding - but I can't leave DSW empty-handed! Got these at half price! I
30.gif
the clearance rack!

ETA: The link takes you to the shoes, but not the right color - mine are the red/pink

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 4:22:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild

I have no idea why I came to the shoe thread, (well, I DO actually, but I didn''t expect to find the shoes I need here), but what is the first thing that hits my eyes? Freke, making Italian Meringue Buttercream. My absolute favorite icing, and quite the exacting one too. I know that feeling: working the sugar syrup up to juuuuust the right temp and not one degree more. You have to watch it like a hawk.
2.gif

My hat''s off to you, O kitchen sister!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ksinger! I love the stuff!!! Makes me happy to make, and to eat.

So what kind of shoes were you looking for?
31.gif
31.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, there are so many gorgeous shoes in here!

These are mine, just some David''s Bridal specials, but they were a smokin'' deal.

MarissaShoes.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Lauren, I want THOSE for my wedding! They would be perfect - especially since they''re dyeable. . .I can''t find the heel height on the David''s website - please please please tell me they''re under 3"! Do you know how high they are?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results