shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No! Shoes are never too flashy! And you could so totally wear those after the wedding!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
God, you are such an enabler! I just love that!

I''m thinking about them...they are SUPER cheap! Disposable, almost! Hee hee hee!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice! Where did you find them?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Now, hon, how long have you been reading my posts on here???

Do you not remember how cheap (I mean, frugal!!!) I am?

Where ELSE do you think I found ''em???

Ebay, of course! $4.99!!!

Hee
9.gif
hee
9.gif
hee
9.gif
hee
9.gif
hee!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
mmmmm i love shoes :)

weddingshoes1drooool.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, I'm still wondering how many dresses you've got.

And YOWZA those are almost disposable. How bad is shipping?

YAY cellososweet-I have always loved your shoes...They are so beautiful.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think I have at least 7 or 8...I''ve lost count, actually! I got most of those so cheap, I think those are disposable, too! I''m going to try to re-sell them all after the wedding when I''ll have a LOT more time on my hands. My FI thinks it''s hysterical that I''ve still spent less on all of those than what I paid for the *real* one I plan to wear...if it would ever get here, already! He thinks I should start my own business as a personal shopper for those on a budget...I told him they couldn''t afford me!
9.gif

And shipping on the shoes is only $8.99 and $1.50 for each pair thereafter...I''m still shopping, but for 15 bucks, who cares???
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,

I''m looking for a pair of gold heels that are not frighteningly high. I am partial to Manolos because I have fairly wide feet (can''t wear Louboutins). Thanks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. I''m going to go ahead and post every gold Manolo I find, regardless of height. Bergdorf has a nasty habit of not posting the heel height on their website. Some are obviously high, but regardless...

Here is a pair that says it''s metallic gold, to me it looks silvery instead of the very yellow gold of the rest of the yellow gold Manolos I''ve been looking at...Pointy toe slingback

Gold d''Orsay

Gold strappyness 3.5inches

Metallic sequined low heeled slide

Gold strappy 4 inchers

That''s all I''ve got for gold Manolos. Any other designers you might be interested in?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, dear. I''ll go look for the first pair of Manolos. I''d be interested in Jimmy Choos as well. Does any one know whether Chanel and Valentino make reasonably comfy shoes?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Eeek!! Eeek!! This is the most wonderful and terrible thing that has happened to me today...wonderful because these are all gorgeous and I had no idea Zappos had a couture section, and terrible because I can feel my willpower draining straight out through my wallet
11.gif

I''m totally in love with the coral satin slides and the acqua satin print slides. Although the Marinna Napa Slides are pretty darn wonderful, too. Oh, heaven. Would it be really really bad of me to splurge like this? I like shoes but usually I wait for the sales at Aerosoles
12.gif
so this would be a huge departure from my normal behavior. BUT I was thinking of getting myself a present for finishing 1L, and I was thinking of jewelry but shoes would work too...

Which of these three pairs would you vote for, Freke (or anyone else)?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 12:06:44 AM
Author: Harriet
Thanks, dear. I''ll go look for the first pair of Manolos. I''d be interested in Jimmy Choos as well. Does any one know whether Chanel and Valentino make reasonably comfy shoes?

Depends on the style of the shoe. Most of my V''s and C''s are pretty comfortable. Depends on your foot too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 12:28:04 AM
Author: Octavia
Eeek!! Eeek!! This is the most wonderful and terrible thing that has happened to me today...wonderful because these are all gorgeous and I had no idea Zappos had a couture section, and terrible because I can feel my willpower draining straight out through my wallet
11.gif

I''m totally in love with the coral satin slides and the acqua satin print slides. Although the Marinna Napa Slides are pretty darn wonderful, too. Oh, heaven. Would it be really really bad of me to splurge like this? I like shoes but usually I wait for the sales at Aerosoles
12.gif
so this would be a huge departure from my normal behavior. BUT I was thinking of getting myself a present for finishing 1L, and I was thinking of jewelry but shoes would work too...

Which of these three pairs would you vote for, Freke (or anyone else)?
I''m sorry! I couldn''t resist!!!

I"d go with #2 or #3 though. I don''t know that I can decide between those two though....
11.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
wow, this thread took off! now i feel goofy for being too lazy to start it myself!! freke, i have a confession--i feel guilty for sending you a pic of ridiculously unaffordable shoes, so i have looked EVERYWHERE trying to find something similar, but no can do! the few i found just looked cheap to me in comparison, ya know? CURSE the pricetag on pucci!!! ::stomps off to picket and protest and...shoplift::
37.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO doodle. I know. I love the Pucci.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
via spiga had a few with somehwat similar print, but they weren''t in the same colors. on the bad side, my FI is ready to kill me because, in the process of looking for pucci lite, i now have a collage of about 20 pairs of shoes that i want, hahaha. i think he''s afraid that he''ll come home and i''ll have sold his little boy to get shoes!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
just a "few" current obsessions...i figure i need shoes for my wedding, rehearsak dinner, bridal shower, my friend''s wedding, and both of our bachelorette parties, so it never hurts to look, right?
2.gif

shoooes.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. Where did you find the two blue green pairs that are in the right top hand corner? I heart them.

And I LOVE those Jessica Simpsons--the blue and white polka dotted ones.

I should make one of those. FF would have a heart attack though...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no!!!The only size in the Naughty Monkey one is 8.5. POOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Dangit. I could get them in black and white though....
31.gif

ETA: I just found it in my size.
27.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! glad i could play shoe hound for a moment! hehe! now if only those striped claudio merazzis weren''t over $400!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
doodle, I love the pink ones 2nd from the left at the top - can you tell me who they are? That''s a really nice group of shoes - I''m drooling a little bit!
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump. And doodle, I ordered those blue floral Naughty Monkeys. They''ll get here tomorrow.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 6:59:28 AM
Author: buttercup80
doodle, I love the pink ones 2nd from the left at the top - can you tell me who they are? That''s a really nice group of shoes - I''m drooling a little bit!
3.gif
they''re hollywould and they''re normally $525 but are currently on sale on shoes.com for a lovely lovely $262.50, so if you have a hefty shoe budget, now''s the time!!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 7:26:39 PM
Author: FrekeChild
bump. And doodle, I ordered those blue floral Naughty Monkeys. They''ll get here tomorrow.

bump???
33.gif
let me know how they fit; i''m dying to know if they''re comfy! on a random note, i reeeeeally need to start labeling my shoe files with the designer names, haha. good thing i always browse the same four shoe sites!
37.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 12:08:47 AM
Author: doodle
bump???
33.gif
let me know how they fit; i''m dying to know if they''re comfy! on a random note, i reeeeeally need to start labeling my shoe files with the designer names, haha. good thing i always browse the same four shoe sites!
37.gif

doodle, the thread was getting lost under lots of other ones, so Freke "bumped" it back up to the top.

I''m SOOO close to buying budget-busting shoes right now. Depending on how I feel about my last exam of the semester tomorrow, I may do it either out of relief, or out of retail therapy
37.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you have to let us know if you do Octavia!!!!!

As for the Naughty Monkeys-I got an 8, just because I''m always scared that a 7.5 will be too small, and too big is an easy fix. And they should be here tomorrow. Yay!

And doodle, what 4 shoe websites do you frequent? I usually peruse piperlime and endless, just because every shoe I''ve ever had to *search* for, I''ve been able to find on those two sites. And I don''t like Zappos very much, because of the design of the site, it''s user friendliness, the fact that it''s not just shoes and bags like other shoe sites, and all of the stupid ads that are along the side of the page. I just get frustrated with it being all cluttered looking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results